Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Write Episode one eight two jam Pack show, Very Busy Day. I'm gonna try to make this a very efficient show, but I promised that often and we're not able to do it. So let's get right into what missed the cut. Jimmy Butler, once again for Media Day, has a unique hairstyle and listen media. He does this on Media Day for a reason. He wants this to be his season long head shot, just like last year when he had the fake dreads.
Speaker 4: He wants every time.
Speaker 3: He's talked about on television shows for this to be the headshot that comes up alongside him.
Speaker 4: We should respect his wishes.
Speaker 3: Lebron calls Ad the face of the Lakers and Taylor Swift and other stars. Chiefs Jets will get to all of that in a moment, but Demons, we must start with Monday Night Football.
Speaker 4: Oh there's Taylor Swift and Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively and Hugh Jackman. How about that?
Speaker 3: All right, But we've got to start with Monday Night Football before we get to Chiefs Jets, so we don't have spend a ton of time on it. And I'm not going to kill you, Demonsey you like the underdog story. You liked Daniel Jones running around playing running back as quarterback, and you wanted to believe in him. But as predicted. Now, listen, last night, the offensive line gave him no hope. He had no chance. Last night they were just constantly under attack. But the problem is very simple. Brian Dable wants to be able to ask Daniel Jones to play full grown adult quarterback, and he can't. But because he's asking him to all of a sudden, A guy who in tw twenty one seemingly had his interception problem under control, only throwing seven in twenty twenty two, played the entire year and only through five he now threw four games, has thrown six. A guy who's fumbling problem seemingly he had gotten under control after twenty nine fumbles his first two years in the league, having only thirteen in his next two years, now has four fumbles in four games. And as far as the offensive line goes, he was sacked twenty two times total in twenty twenty one, forty four times last year. This year, through four games, he has been sacked twenty two times, and the Giants gave him a long term extension and it was a I said at the time. I will say it again. It was a massive mistake. They are now tied to him for next year when they could a franchise tagged him. With all that said, demons, all of this is not on Daniel Jones. Brian Daviles team has looked woefully unprepared they have. If you remove the second half of the game against the Cardinals, they have been outscored this season. I want to make sure I have this exactly right. If you remove the second half of the game against the Cardinals they lost forty to nothing, then the first half twenty to nothing, So forty plus twenty plus thirty is ninety they have. If you that's unbelievable. If you remove the second half against the Cardinals, they have lost this year one hundred and fourteen to fifteen.
Speaker 5: They have been.
Speaker 3: Outscored by ninety nine points in the other fourteen quarters. That is not purely coching on. I'm sorry, that's coaching. Yes, yeah, And can I say one other things about coaches? You know what, I've started not to like the coaches that wear their emotion on their faces during the games. Robert Salah's guilty of this. Brian Dabele's guilty of this.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Be like the Siri.
Speaker 3: Well, Sirianni's guilty of this, but his team's been so good that we haven't really seen it turn against him. But you're supposed to be the steady hand, the leader of the ship. And when you can tell just by looking at you you're frazzled or angry or frustrated, I think it has negative downstream effects.
Speaker 4: I think the Giants made.
Speaker 3: A very predictable, preventable error in paying Daniel Jones when they could have franchise tagged him. Instead, they wanted to franchise tag Saqua, so they didn't commit long term to Saquon. I understand the argument there is at running backs. I want to pay running backs. What you really don't want to do is pay bad quarterbacks. What you really don't want to do is tie yourself to Daniel Jones, where next year he's forty seven million on your cap, but if you cut him, he's sixty nine million on your cap. So he's your quarterback this year and next year, and then the year after you can cut him, and you still have a twenty two million dollars dead money charge. The Giants right now. I can't believe I'm saying this. Tell me if you agree, and then we'll get to Chiefs Jets. But this kind has to do with the Jets. The Giants right now look like the worst team in New York Right now this moment, the Giants are worse than the Jets.
Speaker 5: I'd say it's fair that. Yeah, Jets look pretty.
Speaker 3: Good, they've been the Jet well, the Jets, Stevens looks pretty good. And Zach Wilson saved his job. Let's talk about that right here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Zach Wilson, I will play Mahomes, but what enough to beat the Chiefs. You can say never a doubt all you want, but there was a reason you didn't respond to my text before or after the game. So is Kansas City's defense not as good as you said? Or do you owe Zack Wilson an apology?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go ahead and say neither.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe I owe him a little bit of an apology, but not really. Here's the thing, It is a little damning that both of these statements are true. Demonse, Okay, that was far and away the best game I've ever seen Zach Wilson play.
Speaker 4: It was the best game of his career. That is true.
Speaker 3: What is also true is that game he threw for less than two hundred and fifty yards, his team scored eighteen offensive points, and he fumbled the ball on the single biggest moment of the game. It was the best game of his life, the best game we've ever seen him play, and they didn't crack twenty offensive points and his turnover is what's sealed it. Those are both true statements. So now here's where I will give him credit. Because Demonse Demonze doesn't say this on the air, maybe at some point he will. If Demonze had my job, he would be nicer. Demonz thinks I'm I'm a little too harshit times, and there are times during the pod he's off camera, but I can still see him in the split screen and he's like shaking his head.
Speaker 4: He's like, geez, man, Like you don't have.
Speaker 3: To say that, Like I can tell am I am I reading your reactions correctly about Yes, yeah, Demanse would be a little maybe more of a positive member of the media ecosystem than I am, all than I have been at time.
Speaker 5: Like it'd be like Bruis little segment where he talks the guys up constantly.
Speaker 4: Oh the list though it would just be the BD list. I believe in you.
Speaker 5: This is what you need to do.
Speaker 3: This is what you need to do. So here's the thing. Here's where I will give Zach Wilson full credit. There is something noteworthy about playing the best game of your life with your job on the job, with your job on the line. It was if he was terrible in that game, he's done, He's done. They had brought in Trevor Simeon. It was on National TV. He had had back to back horrific performances. If he was awful in that game, he was going to lose his starting job. And he responded, Now, do I believe he is all of a sudden going to build on that massively?
Speaker 4: Probably not?
Speaker 3: On today's TV show on Mahomes Mountain for the first time in his career, is he on the mountain?
Speaker 4: He is. I put him on the mountain bottom Row.
Speaker 5: Mountain, but he's still on that mountain.
Speaker 3: Well, of course it's Mahomes Mountain. Oh, you want to call it the Purty Peak something stupid. No, it's the Mahomes Mountain to his tower, how Toad this week, it's Mahomes Mountain.
Speaker 4: And so the.
Speaker 5: Coming up.
Speaker 3: Now, as far as the Kansas City defense goes, uh, still really really good. The Chiefs defense is the only team in the league that has allowed eighteen or fewer points in every game. The Chiefs defense has allowed five touchdowns all year. The Chiefs defense is excellent.
Speaker 5: Now what about takeaways?
Speaker 4: What have they not been great on takeaways? I'll toss you on that.
Speaker 5: I don't even know. So do you like if their defense has been holding them to the points? But do you would you say the takeaways are more important?
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. Takeaways are the most important thing. They have five takeaways on the year that now they're they're so that's you know, it's right around league average. They're now they're plus minus if you will the giveaway takeaway they're in the negative, which again I think actually bodes well for Kansas City. And I'll explain why in just a moment. Well, of course, of course, I mean that's true. But here's let me say a few things about the Chiefs. You mentioned the takeaways. I hadn't thought of this, but I'm now looking at it. Teams with a minus three plus minus or worse. Here's the full list, the Chiefs, the Rams, the Commanders, the Patriots, the Bears, the brown the Vikings, the Giants, the Raiders. For every other team it's been crippling, I would I guess for the Rams hasn't been crippling. But none of those other teams have a winning record. They are all either what zero, one or two win teams. The Chiefs, meanwhile, are three to one and the one losses by one point without their second and third best player, despite the fact that the turnovers are going against them. So I think that is noteworthy also about the Chiefs. So obviously the offense hasn't looked great, there's no denying it. Aside from the Bears game, the offense hasn't looked great. Yes, of course, I believe Mahomes will turn it around. Yes, of course I believe that. What happened on Thursday. On Sunday was they got up seventeen to nothing, thought it was going to be a walk in the park, and Mahomes started trying things out and then all of a sudden, We've seen this happen before, where you think a game's over, it's then not and you can't lock back in.
Speaker 4: Now, what I'm not gonna deal with.
Speaker 3: Is this this whiny bullsh about the officials. I'm not going to tolerate it. I'm just not there was go ahead demse.
Speaker 5: Go hey, so I saw saw his garden and say that's not how you do things. I think that was I don't know, I think that was the wrong way to go about the presser or whatever, but I do kindess like that happens every play. Like that happens every play, And isn't there isn't there. I'm not totally brushed up on all the rules in the NFL, but isn't there something like first five yards as far as qurnerbacks from wide receivers, Like you're within those first five yards, you're good to like rough them up.
Speaker 3: And if that's well, yeah, you can't hold anywhere, but you can hit click attacked in the.
Speaker 4: First five yards.
Speaker 3: So here's the reason I'm not going to tolerate the nonsense on the officiating. Okay, first of all, it's seventeen to nothing Kansas City.
Speaker 4: What play gave the Jets life a safety?
Speaker 3: When we saw why was it a safety because it was face mask in the end zone? But it wasn't that face mask started on the two yard line, they brought in the ref on the broadcast, He's like, blown call, check mark in the jets favor. Then next time they blew a call where they brought in the ref to say yep, blown call was when they called a horse collar tackle on the Chiefs when it was the front of his jersey not the back. So two massive penalties going against the Chiefs. That's first of all. Second of all, Sauce's defense was not that he didn't hold. Sauce's defense was I'd been doing it all game and they didn't call it. If you watch the press conference, he's most angry that they threw the flag late rather than when he held, because what he said is I did I didn't hold him late. If I say to you demanseay, I didn't rob your house Tuesday, does that mean I didn't rob your house or does that mean I didn't do it on Tuesday? So Sauce kind of told on himself there. I do understand the frustration of you haven't been calling that all game.
Speaker 4: You call at the end. I get that.
Speaker 3: What I will not abide though, is because one of these anonymous NFL aggregation Twitter accounts was like, hey, look at this hold on mahomes third and twenty two run, when first of all, the defensive end for the Jets gave up on the play. Second of all, there had been a different penalty called on the Jets that play, so even if they threw the flag, it would have just been offsetting penalties. Third and twenty two again, and guess what I think would have happened. Mahomes would have picked it up because it was third and twelve and he ran for a first down. They called a hold. So third and twenty two he ran for a first down. Call it again because then at the end of the game he ran again and then slid. And that's the other thing. Everyone's like, Oh, the Chiefs offense. If Mahomes doesn't slide, they hang thirty on the Jets in a game they didn't play that well.
Speaker 4: I think the offense is gonna be fine. You want to talk about the slide.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Kansas City had a chance to cover, but obviously Patrick mahomestood at the one yard line. Are you a bit upset about that? I know, I know you made the bat last week.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean, listen, it's the right play. It is the right play, not.
Speaker 3: Because they could lose, because they would have been up ten with a minute thirty left, So it's not that Mahomes prevents them from potentially losing. It's the right play because he removes the other ninety seconds of desperation football, which is where guys get hurt. He removes past seven or eight plays his defense would have to run in or like, so now they get to do kneel downs. So that's where it is the smart play, in the right play where it's brutal for me. His knicks Picks is not off to a great start.
Speaker 4: He would have covered and I live bet the.
Speaker 3: Chiefs minus four and a half, so I just needed him to win that one, to not pick up the first down and they would have had to kick a field goal. So that part's unfortunate. However, I am on and while knicks Picks is not great, I am on an all time hot streak. I mean, I've done it twice in four weeks of seeing a terrible team losing I'm sorry, a terrible team winning and being like they're gonna blow this, and I hit another twenty to one. I hit the forty one the other day when it was the Giants coming back and what was the other team?
Speaker 4: I needed? The Washington coming back.
Speaker 3: And then on Sunday when the Broncos were down twenty eight to fourteen, I was watching it. I was like, the Bears absolutely could blow this, and I live bet them along with the Cowboys money line because that game hadn't started.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs money line to turn a.
Speaker 3: Twelve to one into twenty one to one and that was a nice little payday there. So listen it. The Chiefs need to tighten some things up. Luckily, as I've been saying, their season does not start until November in Germany against the Dolphins. Their next four games are Vikings, Broncos, Chargers, Broncos. They're gonna light up all four of those defenses. What are you your skepticals.
Speaker 5: I do not know about all of that. I'm being honest with.
Speaker 4: What do you tell me?
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's gonna be a cakewalk man. Broncos, Broncos, Chargers. Those those three games right there, already, those sound like frisky games the Broncos. The Chiefs don't outplay the Broncos like that when they see them, the Chargers that they don't outplay the Chargers either. I think those are all going.
Speaker 4: To be Broncos.
Speaker 3: The Broncos have let Sam Howell toa and Justin Fields combine in the last three weeks for one hundred and thirty three points. The Broncos defense in the first in the first half of their last two games, Demonse have forced one incomplete pass and it was on a half ending Hail Mary. The Vikings defense stinks and the Chargers are the Chargers.
Speaker 5: What do we always say about these divisional games? Those are three divisional games right there.
Speaker 3: What we always say about the divisional games. The Chiefs never lose them. That's what we say about the divisional games. I mean, just for the record on that, and I know I said I was gonna go faster. Patrick Mahomes in his career against his division is twenty seven and three. He is against the Raiders, I'm gonna tell you real quick, against the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Where the hell the Raiders on this? Nine and one?
Speaker 3: Against the Chargers, Uh, he is, Where the hell of the Chargers on this? Sorry, it's oh, there they are that he's seven and two, and against the Broncos he's eleven and zero.
Speaker 4: So no, I'm not worried about it.
Speaker 5: I am sola those those games right there, Alls, I'm saying, you saying this season starts when they play the Dolphins out, and it's I'm just saying they gonna get softened up a little bit before they see those Dolphins. It's not just gonna be smooth. These games aren't gonna be blowouts. They're gonna be contested, close games. But we'll wait and see. You said the same thing about the Jets on Thursday, so it's like, well, go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, I would listen. I did think they were gonna blow out the Jets because I thought Zach Wilson was gonna get benched for the worst quarterback in the NFL history, Tim Boyle.
Speaker 3: I did think that, and I was wrong about that. And the Chiefs are not, you know, a really a blowout team, but luckily they're also not a lose games team. They're not a blowout team, but also not you know, a lose games team.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go ahead.
Speaker 5: Do you want me to ask this last question or do you want to you know, I don't.
Speaker 4: Give it about the tailor's sorry for cursing.
Speaker 5: All right, So the Cowboys are undefeated and the forty nine. Ers are looking like No, the Cowboys are not undefeated. I'm sorry, the Cowboys an undefeated. Niners look like the more dominant teams in the NFC right now, which you kind of predicted. These teams play each other on Sunday in a possible NFC championship preview. Do you see any teams in the NFC challenging them? Or is this already a two horse race?
Speaker 3: All right, well, we can't eliminate Philadelphia. They are undefeated, but they haven't played great. But you know who else? We can't eliminate the team that won last night? Seattle.
Speaker 4: I picked Seattle.
Speaker 3: My NFC championship pick was Seattle Dallas, And everybody is just anointing the Niners. And I get it. Brock Purdy did go twenty of twenty one, I understand, and the Niners look amazing.
Speaker 4: I get that. But right now, just for some context.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs are the second biggest favorite to win a division. Okay, they are minus two ninety. The Niners are minus six hundred. Pardon me, Seattle is seven to one. Why can't Seattle compete with San Francisco? The defense is getting healthier. Seattle didn't play well, in the first game of the year, the Rams came out and kicked their ass. Since then, Seattle has scored thirty seven, thirty seven and twenty four. They went to Detroit and won, and.
Speaker 4: What the Seattle.
Speaker 3: What Seattle has coming up is a bye week, then the Bengals, Cardinals, Browns, then a tough one against the Ravens, then Commander's revenge game against the Rams before a just a brutal month of football when they go Niners, Cowboys, Niners, Eagles, toughest four game stretch anyone has in the NFL all year. But the they're gonna be how many like eight and two going into that stretch, so people, I think people need to put some respect on Seattle's name. I also think the Cowboys can win this week and everybody won. Hep me to bend the need of Brock Party, I will not. I watch the games. Guys are just wide open. I give the guy credit. He's not making mistakes like he did in the first half of the game a couple of weeks ago when it was just like three dropped interceptions.
Speaker 4: His numbers are amazing.
Speaker 3: I believe the Cowboys defense is going to put him in adverse situations of which he's been in none, And I think we are going to see.
Speaker 4: What the real Brock party looks like.
Speaker 3: If he lights up that Cowboys defense, I'll be singing a different tune.
Speaker 4: But I don't buy it. I know you want me to buy it, Demonse, I won't buy it.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean the Seahawks thing, this is like what the say this? This is the same Niners team that beat the Seahawks in the playoffs last year, right, kind of like just did he destroy.
Speaker 3: The annihilated them? They but it's not the same Seahawks team because they, like the Chiefs, actually played the second most rookies in all of the NFL last year. Was that it was the Texans won, Seahawks two, Chiefs three. They they added Devon Witherspoon with a fifth pick of the draft, a stud corner. They got Jamal Adams back from injury, and they had these rookie tackles last year, like they the Seahawks are legit and people will believe me. At some point, everybody thought the Seahawks whole thing was, oh, they have Russell Wilson. But then we see Russell Wilson leaveing It's like, hmm, maybe they have something sustainable and all of a sudden, Geno's out there cooking.
Speaker 5: All right? Next, all right, Cincinnati angered the football gods with their whole calling arrowhead burrowhead talk uh and their most recent loss yet and their most recent loss Derrick Henry out played Joe Burrow at quarterback. How do the Bengals get back in the graces of the football gods and turn their season around? Or is that poss cooked?
Speaker 4: They're cooked?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, they do need they need to atone for the sin of burrowhead. At some point they want to be able to turn the franchise back in the right direction. But the season is cooked, and what the Bengals are doing is one of the most reckless things I've ever seen done.
Speaker 4: I've ever seen done.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow, statistically speaking, has been the worst quarterback in the NFL this year.
Speaker 4: Now. Is Joe Burrow anything close to the worst quarterback in the NFL? Of course?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: So why has he been?
Speaker 3: Because he's so clearly injured and they keep putting him out there. He has completed two passes all year longer than fifteen yards. In this Jamar Chase is getting frustrated in this game against the Titans, and I said it going in everyone's like, oh, you know his type of calf strain, he's not at risk for an Achilles injury, so you don't need to worry. I am not worried about Joe Burrow's calf turning into an Achilles.
Speaker 4: I said it last week. I will say it again.
Speaker 3: I am worried about Joe Burrow's calf turning into cracked ribs or a broken collar bone or an injured elbow because he can't move and he's getting the crap kicked out of him. And in this game, that's exactly what you saw. It'd be one thing demonse to put your franchise quarterback, newly minted highest paid player in league.
Speaker 4: History, in harm's way.
Speaker 3: If you were playing well despite the injury, it would still be, in my opinion, reckless. But instead you are getting not the best of both worlds, the worst of both worlds. You are getting all the risks none of the reward. You are getting the worst quarterback play in football, to go along with getting Joe Burrow banged up. I don't know what they're doing. I don't understand it.
Speaker 5: Really unfortunate, the timing of his contract. I think that if he didn't get the contract, I think he feels like a little obligated to play, and obviously they do better just wresting him and getting him in whenever, because they've got the bye week coming up. They could arrested him by now, but it's it's getting to that point to where it just seems like they're going to die on this hill.
Speaker 3: And they should have the first month of the year. I think that's a really interesting take. Demantse that I haven't heard anybody say that because he got paid, he feels a responsibility to be out there. But by the way, I was, have you looked at the week five lines yet?
Speaker 5: No? Not yet? Okay, since oh wait, no, no, no, I do know that's yes, I do know that line though. It's it'sati three right, it's the minus three right.
Speaker 3: So it opened. Cincinnati might by opened. I don't mean like the look ahead weeks ago. I mean Monday morning it was Cincinnati by four and a half, which was insane in my opinion. It's now come down to three. I still like Arizona. Arizona's been in all of these games except for the Niners game. They've been frisky and that the Cardinals can't move the ball. I'm sorry, the Bengals can't move the ball. I don't I don't get what they're doing. Uh, all right, let's go on to Bills Dolphins.
Speaker 5: All right, So the Bills made a sabing by beating the Dolphins by four touchdowns. Just imagine what they're gonna do with the Broncos in November, given what the Dolphins did to him. All right, it must be October because Josh Allen's and the MVP he talks already? Aren't you happy to see the Bills back on top of the AFC where they belong. I'm not gonna lie. You need the Bills like it's like a Batman in Joker thing. I thought of this last night, and like you need the Bills to be good in order for you to shine and like in you to do your thing throughout for the Chiefs. The Chiefs not for you to shine, But the Chiefs need the Bills like Josh Allen needs Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I think I think you right.
Speaker 3: Like the the the Chiefs are so boringly excellent that nobody really can like have, like nobody actually wants to be like I think the Chiefs offense is in trouble because you know you're gonna look like an idiot, so I think it's in I think this is actually a good take by you. Also, just one clarification, the Bills are not on top of the AFC right now. If you go to conference standings, in first place.
Speaker 4: Is the Chiefs. No, it's the Chiefs. You know why because the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: One loss was non conference. Meanwhile, the Bills lost not only a conference game, a divisional game. The Dolphins lost a division or divisional in conference game. The Ravens lost a divisional slash conference game. The Chiefs, on the other hand, I'm sorry the Ravens lost not a divisional but a conference game.
Speaker 4: Chiefs still undefeating the AFC. The one loss of the.
Speaker 3: Playoffs start today, it would be the Arrowhead Invitational once again. Second of all, shout out to the Buffalo Bills for being the second straight year the trendy team after September.
Speaker 4: Oh, look out for the Bills. Oh Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: And this is where the rest of the media is just to me, bunch of frauds. Everyone is anointing Josh Allen MVP favorite right now because he's looked good, he's looked awesome. Well, actually in week three the team looked awesome. He didn't play that well. But week four he was un believable. Unbelievable against Miami.
Speaker 5: Oh, week one, go ahead. I was just saying, like, what about week one when he was terrible?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh, did you already mention week one?
Speaker 3: No, that is the point I was about that. No, no, no, we're on the exact same page. People are killing Mahomes for his team scoring twenty three, could have been thirty but he went down and him having two turnovers against the Jets. Josh Allen's team was in the teams lost the game, and he had four turnovers against the Jets. I mean, were like, one guy's the NBB. Other guy needs more receivers. Something's wrong with him, Like, give me a break. The most recent thing that happened is not necessarily the most important, but I am happy.
Speaker 4: And by the way, DeMont, you know who the Bills play this week? Sorry to put you on the spot, but do you.
Speaker 5: Know, Oh, is it the Dolphins or the Cowboy? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they just played the Dolphins. Cow played the Niners. No, I'll just tell you what am I so excited about?
Speaker 5: Oh good, I have to go.
Speaker 3: They have to go play Trevor on his home turf. And I don't mean Jacksonville, but you're not recognizing this part of it. By home turf, I don't mean Jacksonville. I mean in jolly old England, where Trevor's gonna have a lot of extended family, the prince that was promised back on his native royal soil.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, And you know what the Bills love.
Speaker 3: You know what they love right after riding super super high, A head scratching huh game. And you know what's a perfect recipe for a huh game? A nine to thirty am London start. When Jacksonville's been out there already for ten days, getting ready's been chilling.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Boy, get ready for all of this, all this talk all week, the Bills with Super Bowl favorites, the Bills are this, and then Monday morning we come in and it's like, wait, if the playoffs started today, the Bills would be behind Jacksonville in the standings.
Speaker 4: They're both three and two, with Jacksonville having the head to head.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we know Trevor doesn't start well, but come October I have really November for him, but maybe this year October, start to turn it on. Can't wait for it all right, I said, we're gonna be efficient in staid. We did a forty five minute day block, Take quick break, come right back.
Speaker 4: What's right.
Speaker 6: We're so done with New Year, New you. This year is more you on Bumble. More of you shamelessly sending playlists, especially that one filled with show tunes. More of you finding geminis because you know you always liked them. More of you dating with intention because you know what you want and you know what we love that for you. Someone else will too be more you this year and find them on bumble.
Speaker 4: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: In this episode of What's Right with Nick Wright is brought to you by the McDonald's App. How many times you've been in that situation where you've had a really long day, you're really hungry. Last thing you want to do is cook a meal, leave your house and go pick something up. Well, I've been in this situation hundreds of times, and the saving grace has always been the McDelivery option. In the McDonald's app, we're talking about getting McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Delivered right to your door.
Speaker 3: And now every time you order McDelivery the McDonald's app, it earns you points towards free food, and who doesn't like free food. I love their breakfast sandwiches, the breakfast burritos, but still my all time favorite item is honestly the Big Max. So there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Donald the McDonald's app today. At participating McDonald's delivery, prices may be higher than at restaurants delivering. Other fees may apply Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's. All right, demon's before we get to freak out or chill out? What are we doing here?
Speaker 5: All right? So at the beginning of the month, or once we started before football season, we started this name plant your flag. So a month of football is passed, let's review your week one flag plants. Yeah, just to let you guys know the rules. Every month, you will need to you start off with five takes that you love? Is that what it is? Five takes that you love? And then you're gonna have to abandon two. We're about to show you guys here for those that are watching on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so Robert Sala on the hot seat. The Jags have a top five offense, the Chiefs the best team in the NFL. Quarterback woes bite the forty nine Ers, and Beijon the best running back in the NFL. So this is very easy. The two that I'm gonna get rid of are the Jags top five offense. The offensive line play has not been good enough. Trevor hasn't quite been sharp enough. I don't think they're gonna have a top five They might have a top five offense the remainder of the year, but they're in such a hole right now. It's not gonna be a top five offense.
Speaker 4: And Bijon I love. But the reason I'm getting rid of him as the best running back in the NFL is because Christian McCaffrey is the is. It has been so damn good, and.
Speaker 3: So all leave the what a what all leave is Salo on the hot seat. He's obviously gonna be on the hot seat. The team stinks and he's and so that one I'm gonna get rid of or I'm gonna keep pardon me. The Chiefs are the best team in the NFL and the forty nine Ers. Quarterback woes will bite Shanahan. That's a long term take. That's a long term take. So I'm going to replace the Jags will have a top five offense with a The Bengals are cooked take.
Speaker 4: They're one and three. They are cooked.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get Joe Burrow hurt, I fear, and I'm gonna replace the bejon best running back in the NFL take with I think over the next six weeks. One of the hottest top stories in the NFL is is this gonna be Belichick's last year with New England. I don't know about his last year coaching, but his last year with New England because I don't know that they are going to abide for how bad this team's going to be. And it was looking bad, and now they found out Matthew Judah, the best player on the entire team, might be done for the rest of the year. He's having surgery on a torn bicep. So I'm gonna go ahead and add those to it to our planting our flag. All right, demons, we can go on to freak out or chill out.
Speaker 5: All right, So freak out or chill out. We got the first one here. The Eagles needed overtime to beat Sam Howe despite being undefeated things don't seem like they're clicking in the way that they were last year. Should the Eagles freak out or chill out?
Speaker 3: He would freak out just a little bit. I mean they're four and oh and so the for a team playing to win the Super Bowl, getting home field advantage, getting the bye, all that is massively important. So it's great that they haven't blown a game, but they haven't looked overly impressive. They I think could have lost to the Washington had Rivera gone for two. Jalen doesn't look quite as sharp in that pass defense, like I've been saying. If they don't get to the quarterback, that secondary is not very good.
Speaker 4: So you can't really freak out at.
Speaker 3: Four and oh, But you can't be you can't act like everything's all rosy either, All right, next.
Speaker 5: Right, all right? Mac Jones hit a new low. He was benched for Zappi again last night. Belichick's chances of catching Don Shula's wins records go down every week. Should Belichick freak out or chill out?
Speaker 4: Oh, you should freak out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I mean he should freak out, and he's the I don't.
Speaker 3: I think people are blaming Belichick des are some of the blame, but the biggest mistake he made was picking Mac Jones in the first round and thinking that that guy was gonna be a difference maker and then continuing to trot him out there. But they don't have any other options right now, and so I don't know that Robert Kraft is gonna take any excuses here, So I'd freak out a bit.
Speaker 5: All right, Next, all right, just when the Chargers seem to get back on track, the injury bug strikes again. Justin Herbert fractioned a finger in his non throwing hand. Should the Chargers freak out or chill out? That's fine? Right?
Speaker 4: Well, I here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't freak out necessarily about this injury, but I would freak out about the fact that we just haven't been very good. That they're very fortunate. To listen, I understand they could have won the two games they lost, but they also could have lost the.
Speaker 4: Two games they won.
Speaker 3: Also, quarterbacks out there, if it's not the playoffs or like a must win game at the end of the year, if you throw a pick, just get out of the way. He hurt himself trying to engage a blocker after throwing an interception. You're gonna get your ass kicked, buddy. You're not built for it like this idea, like, Oh, I'm gonna run down the field and make the tackle. Kirk Cousins threw a pick and he sprinted seventy yards try to make the tackle and then just got blasted into next week on it Like that's that's not what you're there for, all right?
Speaker 4: Next?
Speaker 5: Uh. The Steelers stuck with their offensive coordinator and it led to Picket suffering an injury. Pittsburgh is still alive, but needed to turn around and make it to make it to the playoffs. They're above five hundred streak. Is there's keep there above five hundred streak alive? Sorry? Should the Steelers freak out or chill out?
Speaker 3: Well, listen, they should freak out. Their offense just looks dead on arrival every week, and the fact that Mitch Trubisky taking over for Picket for a couple of weeks might be a good thing shows you they are with Picket and the defense got just ramshackled by c J. Stroud in the Houston Texans, a frisky Texans team out a two and two interesting fun Texans team all right next uh.
Speaker 5: With a loss of Denver, the Bears now the best odds to land Caleb Williams with their own pick, with their own pick or Carolina's. Luckily, Caleb is getting used to the team with no defense. Should Caleb Williams freak out or chill out? Oh?
Speaker 4: No, he should chill out.
Speaker 3: I mean he's gonna He's gonna be a franchise changer wherever he goes. The Bears, if they get him, can draft him at one and then Marvin Harrison Junior at two or three with the pick they have from Carolina. They then, I think, should hire Ben Johnson, the Lions offensive coordinator, start the whole thing over in a very winnable division. No, he should chill out this idea.
Speaker 4: Oh, Caleb's gonna go back to school. I don't by that. He's not going to go back to school. He's going to be the number one pick.
Speaker 3: He's gonna win back to back Heisman's and then go be the number one pick.
Speaker 4: What's up, Demntsey, that's that he could could go back to school?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. Here's the thing. Is this the idea that oh I'm going to wait a year.
Speaker 3: So the year I come out, the team with the number one overall pick is what a good team. The year you come out the team that goes two and fifteen is like, actually a good team that's not gonna happen. All right, Demonse, I got this for you. Drew Holliday, as called by you, rerouted to the Celtics. Boston got rid of Malcolm Brogden, got rid of one of your favorites the time, lord and Robert Williams. Yeah, right now, your confidence level in the Celtics is.
Speaker 5: What I'd say, it's about the same, like, oh wow, I would I wouldn't have wanted to. I wouldn't have wanted to lose Robert Williams for Drew Holliday because Williams, Yeah, and at value defense if we just lost a big defender for a smaller defender. But what I will say is I think that Drew Holliday will fill in what's been missing for the Celtics and Jason Tatum and Jalen Brown. I do think he adds a little bit of spice to it. But I do think we're lacking in the big man department. Now, I mean, Porzink is always interested well.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that is the concern. I mean, you guys, Drew Holiday, Derek White, Jason Tatum, Jalen Brown. You guys should have the best defense in basketball. But the question is are you gonna have enough size? I still like Milwaukee's offseason more than yours, but flipping out Marcus Smart for Drew Holliday.
Speaker 4: Is an upgrade. It just is.
Speaker 3: I believe a better better on both ends, a better defender and a more reliable offensive player. The question is, are you guys going to have enough size?
Speaker 4: If you need it? Quick break, come back, read your questions. What's right?
Speaker 3: A crazy schedule can make it easy to fall back into your dinner time recipe rut. Keep meal time exciting with over forty recipes to choose from every week, so there's always something delicious to discover. With Hello Fresh, there are so many options, my family's never unhappy. We personally love the meat and veggies options the most, but they're all really good. Even though the fall can feel jam packed. HelloFresh makes whipping up a home cooked dinner actually doable with quick and easy options, including their fifteen minute meals that's less time than it takes to get delivery. And with everything pre portioned and delivered right to your door every week, it really is a no brainer. Go to HelloFresh dot com slash fifty Nick Wright and use code fifteen right. That's five zero, then my name fifty Nick right for fifty percent off plus free shipping. That's HelloFresh dot com slash fifteen nick right and use code fifty nick right for fifty percent off plus free shipping. All right, demanse, what are the questions we're getting to today before I got to go to work or I guess go to other work, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: All right. So at the top of it, I just want to wish you happy birthday, pops. Let you know what I like you, buddy. And there's actually a little a little video I want to show you. Actually kind of confused me just now with the check question. But so Daniel, could you cue it? Could you cue it now? Please?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: So there's like this little there's this guy so this I just found this so hilarious. I guess he probably doesn't know our circumstances or whatever, but he asks if you ever did this with me when I was a child, And it just made me, it just made me think, No, we definitely didn't do that. But there was one time in Kansas City when I was like just getting warmed up to you. I was probably like eleven, maybe twelve years old. It was around when I was playing for that pee wee football team, and we'd play catch, yeah, with the football or whatever. And then there was one day it was like frozen over on the roads and I asked you to play catch, and you were like, Noah, like we can't do it. And my mom was like, you know, same thing, like definitely can't do it. It's frozen outside whatever, and you still ended up we still ended up going outside and playing catch a little bit before we left. We were hitting the road for something. We were throwing the ball around for a little bit and you threw it and you, like Scott, swept off your feet just like in that video, and you bust it like you hit the crap out of your head. And I just remember that being like a turning point. I feel like, I just really that was like the hallmark of what our relationship like ended up being over time. It was just I really appreciated you still playing catch with me that day, even though you knew the roads or frozen. And then you could have gotten hurt, and you got hurt, and like, I just remember looking at you differently from that day on.
Speaker 4: Amazing. I love you too, Tomase.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that I had I don't even remember it.
Speaker 3: Imagine maybe because I got concussed, maybe I suffered a brain injury, and because of that, I don't remember it. I remember vividly when we were in Kansas City one night before we had all moved in together. Uh and one night you, your mom and your little sister came over to when I had the apartment in downtown KC. And she had fallen asleep in the car, and you were carrying a basket of laundry and your mom was walking and you guys had pulled into the parking lot and I was walking with her and it was icy, and I fell in the parking lot and I remember like like grabbing her and tucking her like a football, almost so I would fall. Another time, I cracked my head on the pavement, but she stayed, she stayed sleeping. That's beautiful to Monday. In fact, we sorry to We'll we'll get back to some of those listener questions next time. I want to end to the show on that. That was a great birthday present Pal. Thank you, I love you. You did a great job today. Uh show was great. I'll see you guys on the Herd regular hit with Colin around one o'clock.
Speaker 4: Eastern Today TV show with three See you guys. Then we'll try