Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trend BA Finals Trend vp J trand Brown Brown for the Boston Celtic not J Trend Trend. Paul Garaventa on the discord with that one. That's as much as I'll give you, Paul. I think you're a Boston Celtics fan, a boss trend Celtics fan. Yeah, I will honor your NBA Finals m V p.
Speaker 2: J and Alicia, the other Celtics fan that's always in our mentions.
Speaker 3: Congratulations you guys.
Speaker 1: I am happy for the cool Celtics fans out there and finally got it if you finally built your world. Yes, yes, you're Gondle's men. Uh. Anyways, I'm Jack. That's Miles. These are some of the things that are trending you. I mean, yeah, the Celtics one. I don't have too much to say about that that we won't already be saying on our NBA show, Miles and Jack on mat Boost Teeth. But yeah, congratulations to the Boss. You a historically great team.
Speaker 2: You could fill a forty ounce bottle with my tears. I will say that, And if y'all want to come by it, you can sip on these Laker tiers if you want for the lo low price of one thousand dollars. But hey, yeah, I will send it and you can sip on my tears.
Speaker 1: I guess something I won't be saying on our NBA partnered show, A historically bad playoff kind of like, no, I don't know, maybe maybe, like I guess it's partially because I don't like the Celtics, but partially also I don't think anybody else does like the Celtics, And it was just I don't know, they didn't play like teams at full strength.
Speaker 2: This is all Cope.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, y'all. It's it's all I've been.
Speaker 2: Hung in eighteenth. They hung in eighteenth. One up, good for you.
Speaker 1: They hung in eighteenth with the historically good team. Uh yeah, really well built team, beautifully acquired and bought.
Speaker 2: I cope in private of my textra is when I say, come home, Jason.
Speaker 1: Tatum, we both could have had him. I'm a Sixers fan, Miles a Lakers fan. U. The two teams that passed on Jason we WENTO yeah, and we traded up to not draft Jason Tatum. So That's where I'm at right now. Anyways, what else trending?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Former drunk driving spokesman Justin Timberlake arrested for let me see, this can't be.
Speaker 3: Right drunk driving.
Speaker 1: No, he was arrested for a d w I in the Houm Friends according to literally everywhere site on the planet right now, Oh, I've not seen this kind of pick up on a news story since nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, people are ready to fucking windmill on.
Speaker 1: Just out on this motherfucker. Yeah, just straight up. He was arrested Monday night, and it was like Trump did another January sixth, like leading the charge with brave heart face paint on.
Speaker 3: Like it was.
Speaker 1: People were just like yo. The New York Times woke me up, was like, hey man, you see this, Yeah, Justin Timberlake, where's your God?
Speaker 3: Now? I was like, I don't even like this, motherfucker? What do you I like that?
Speaker 2: Okay, so what have you? Was partying at a hotel, went to a stop sign without stopping, refuse the breathalyzer, which is like a real drunk move, or like try and let it come down so by the time they take you to the station for a blood.
Speaker 3: No, I don't need that, man, I don't need that.
Speaker 2: No Bucks called. Then he called his friends. Then a bunch of homies came through to try and convince the cops to like.
Speaker 3: Let them alone. Man, So I think this is the move.
Speaker 1: I think he as he was being pulled over, called his friends, because how else do your friends know to show up and start pestering the cops to let you go? Right?
Speaker 3: This is so.
Speaker 1: He has a concert scheduled later this week, which is all part of his big comeback tour. At first, obviously obviously everybody knows he released his comeback album back in March. And we're all still tapping our toil forgot to what what are the songs?
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I remember that's when that's when we talked about on the show, and I was like, I think Justin Timberlake is fully washed now, like he has his powers are fading rapidly and.
Speaker 1: Like everything I most was, we're all tapping our toes to everything. I thought it was the album that totally came out and still exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was in a fucking drunk driving PSA this motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know this.
Speaker 1: This has gotta be up there with one of the most disastrous comeback tours.
Speaker 3: Ever, right, like.
Speaker 1: With between the Brittany Memoir and this yeah, the the album not really doing numbers and then getting the arrested.
Speaker 2: The most he has to left is to pump fake and sink tour.
Speaker 3: That's that's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: It's funny that he was like, man, I can't wait to get rid of y'all, and now he's like, I need you to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Uh, you hate to see it. People like as we were recording, the first photo came out and it was literally like he was point five seconds out the door, yeah, from the from the police station, in cuffs, and people like you got your ass.
Speaker 2: Just got him got wow wow wow. Well whatever, Look, he'll be fine. He has millions of dollars. So it's a legal system.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's time to take a long look in the mirror and crimey.
Speaker 2: River, Crimy creamy, cramy creamy. Well, it's probably Timberland's gonna be out here being like I think, you know, dwis are actually pretty true. Yeah, I think Juicy J was like free the Memphis legend justin Timberlake. I'm like, Juicy Jay, things.
Speaker 3: About him, your whole things about amazing.
Speaker 2: Stop talking through this X and lean guy.
Speaker 3: And my character witness Juicy j.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh no, no, no, that's your fucking famous quotable Juicy Weill.
Speaker 1: Movies have once again refused to die over the weekend and inside out to exceeded expectations. As we've been talking about Baffo bo and you know what, what should these movies be doing. One of the things that's come up repeatedly is like, why the fuck is picks are not putting movies out in theaters? Why do they keep dropping movies on Disney Plus? Like people love these fucking movies. People need things to do with their children, and like these are as unimpeachable, Like culturally people are just like yeah, no, they have like a good message, they're pretty good movies, or at least they were like we yeah, like why not? Why are we not capitalizing on that? So they brought back the old crew from inside Riley's Head and it fucking destroyed destruction at the box office. So this is I guess one week maybe two weeks after Babel before it came out and exceeded expectations pretty significantly. This one was anticipated to hit ninety million at the domestic box office. Inside Out Too is projected to hit ninety and it hit one hundred and fifty five million. This correct, all right, But again it's just I don't know, Like it feels like the fact that there are no more easy answers like let's make another superhero movie again again might in some cases lead to them learning some lessons that have been beating down their fucking door for a while, such as like people like Pixar movies or black actors can star in movies, guys.
Speaker 2: Black people can. You can have all kinds of people of color be the central focus of a film and.
Speaker 3: It people aren't gonna see it. Mat No.
Speaker 1: I love Wilson, I love Martin Lawrence, Denzel Miles, you know me, Denzel's my favorite actor.
Speaker 2: I got a Mark, help move Mark, and I am I'm the I sing the fucking theme song in the shower.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: Can't open a movie though, man, because other people are racist?
Speaker 2: Yeah, funnyway, and that I'm tapped into that community.
Speaker 1: So and uh, prequels maybe, like I feel like I could make a Google doc for them. It's just like when in doubt, like say no to the fucking.
Speaker 3: Prequel, try a new thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah to the massive superstar who you're only saying no to because of racism. People like Pixar movies like there, there's there's three for you to keep in mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize this was the first film since Barbie to make more than one hundred.
Speaker 1: Million, over one hundred million dollars opening weekend since Barbee.
Speaker 2: The Beetlejuice one, I'm like, that's the Actually, the next one I'm looking forward to is the new Beetlejuice one that that feels like it has the chance to active made all the millennials and Gen xers.
Speaker 3: You feel like it's got the juice.
Speaker 2: It's got beetle juice, beetle juice.
Speaker 3: Miles, don't do it. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Not not a third time, not a third on this beatle beatle boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, thank god.
Speaker 2: The Fantastic Show.
Speaker 1: I did see the trailer for that and with my kids. But I did take my kids to see Inside Out two. It's fine as good as the Inside Out one. Uh. Did lead to a lot of conversations about what anxiety is with my six year old, But that's fine, Like.
Speaker 3: That's not why I didn't like it. It is just like not as good. They didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not prepared to have that car.
Speaker 1: I don't want to acknowledge bad feelings. And I got the message of the movie.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you stop talking about bad feelings, they won't happen. That's how that work.
Speaker 3: Away. Shut the fuck up. Can you give them?
Speaker 2: Don't give your bad feelings life by discussing them. Just keep them down.
Speaker 1: I just felt like it was a little more hurried, like all the like I don't know, like that at the end of Inside Out there's like a bunch of fun like gags and like this one.
Speaker 3: Just I don't know. It felt like.
Speaker 1: They did three less passes on the script this time around.
Speaker 3: For whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're changed man since the first Maybe.
Speaker 1: I'm just different, Okay, I'm darker, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: On Wei is a character this time around.
Speaker 1: So that's because now I'm always gonna remember it's pronounced on wi and not and u. I and I went t u.
Speaker 2: Y I went to the Tish school at n U y n y u. No.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, it is a French like teenager. Okay, good good, all right, Uh let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back we're back.
Speaker 2: Would you look at that?
Speaker 1: We're back a little footballs. So this is something we've been talking about for a while now. Or these like social media activations. They're like these experiences that are designed around the fact that they know you'll take, you'll hit them on social media, like they're made for Instagram. They're made not to be experienced and to be fun as you're having them, but to be experienced via social media.
Speaker 3: I've been to a couple of them.
Speaker 1: I've been to Bubble World with my children, which has you know, it's just like there's a room full of balloons. They're just like weird and like if you look too closely at them, the seams really start to show and you're like, oh, this carpet is filthy underneath the difference.
Speaker 2: I went to one that was a lot different and it was like look like sort of like a Baltimore drug scene. It was called bubbles World. I think maybe I was at the wrong the wrong one. Yeah, that's the wire one I went to.
Speaker 1: Never mind, Okay, they like the I think this is why that story about the uh about the Willy Wonka like activation that ended up being like real shady. Yeah, why why everybody was so obsessed with that is We've all like been to these things and like had experiences where we're like, this feels like it's right on the verge of like being maybe a thing people like put on in their spare time, Like, yeah, it has it has the energy of the like of the Haunted House economy, uh, as we've talked about before. Anyways, Netflix, what one of the activations I've been to was a a Squid Game activation where Yeah, I went to that and it was like on the CBS lot. Uh yeah, and it was very unmemorable, Like it was fine, like what you could do like some of the games or something you could do some of the games, Yeah, you don't like fall through nothing, no one dies, but.
Speaker 2: They were doing summary executions of people, right, they were killing people like if you fucked up, but those people were.
Speaker 3: Being kind of annoying to Okay.
Speaker 1: But like the most fun game was the Marbles game because it was just like that's pretty hard.
Speaker 2: To fuck up, you know, go to a fucking Netflix thing just to play with Marbles.
Speaker 3: That's literally what I did.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, there there's like a the glass Bridge is just like a memorization thing.
Speaker 3: There's a terrible version of Battleship.
Speaker 1: There was the one where you like the red light green light one from the move or from the show, like doesn't really work, Like it's probably the coolest looking, but it doesn't really work right. And then I'm pretty sure it ends the climactic event involves carrying an egg on a spoon, like it's like a race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, block party in the suburbs.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly.
Speaker 2: It just feels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, the premise of the squid game, right, it's like children's games, but I don't know it again, just.
Speaker 3: Feels like it's executed at the level of a haunted house.
Speaker 1: And but Netflix is like investing in this, so they're like buying up old closed down Neiman marcuses and like sears, you know, places in the mall and taking it over and turning them into Netflix World or sorry, Netflix House, which will be a combination store, restaurant, and experiential entertainment venue where people can dance on a replica of the Bridgerton set, compete in squid Game challenges.
Speaker 3: The thing I did that was like pretty underwhelming.
Speaker 1: No word yet on whether or not there will be a Lily Hammer themed experience with an animatronic Steity van Zant.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that'd be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I mean sure, But like a mall's so fucking a department story is huge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so quick game thing like you needed a lot of space to like run it through.
Speaker 3: But it's basically like a very low rent version of Disneyland. It feels like is what they're going for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know they like live. I mean, look, I I've always said something needs to happen with like these old shopping malls, Like what the fuck is going on? I guess this is one way, but people don't doing things in real life? Is a It does help, but is this the thing to drive everyone out? I'm trying to think of what do I want to dance on the Bridgerton said, no.
Speaker 3: Dude, yeah, I mean you're a Bridger head. You're a Bridger total behead.
Speaker 2: Dude, total behead.
Speaker 3: I don't even want this.
Speaker 2: I don't want this because I can't dance, you know, I can't do formal waltzing.
Speaker 3: It's so funny More Genesis Early Night.
Speaker 2: You know what is funny though, Her majesty were watching this ship and she was like She's like wow, Like people were just dancing like in these choreographed things like what what a time? And I'm like, that looks like the driest dancing I've ever fucking seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Right, But I guess my hand up and like touch the hands and then spin around each other like that exact one.
Speaker 2: And then like, yeah, let like circle your partner.
Speaker 1: I think like they're just discovering the feeling of being horny for the first time and they're like, oh, it's quickening.
Speaker 2: But if they had a Bridgerton like bald thing, but it was like a fucking like actual maybe nightclub where people dance. Maybe maybe you have something and there's no booths and people have to dance. But I don't know. I'm an old person who thinks people dance at nightclubs.
Speaker 3: I feel like there is a cool version of this, and they will not be executing on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have done Netflix restaurants in LA and.
Speaker 2: The reviews the worst time.
Speaker 3: We're not kind. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So first of all, they put it up like right during the w GA strike, right down the street from the w w GA strike. They named it Netflix Bites, which people were like, yeah, it certainly does bite in in their reviews like that that was the La Times review.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. We'll see, uh, we'll see. Maybe this is the future we have of the future.
Speaker 2: It's where we all like Disney has disney Land, and then there's like Universal Studios and then you can go into an old Macy's and dance on a Victorian set called Netflix House.
Speaker 1: But is there anything the fun they could do with stranger things? I'm trying to think, like I have a like store that looks like it is straight up out of the eighties, Like right, you.
Speaker 2: Could probably do something that's like super effects heavy. But again, and we won't know because it sounds like the first places that are getting it King of Prussia out there. Yeah, dude, is that near Pittsburgh or does that Philly? Okay? And then the Galleria in Dallas, so Zeygang in Pennsylvania and Dallas. Let us know what it's like when it opens. I don't even know, like a year or two from now.
Speaker 3: But it is funny.
Speaker 1: Like we've talked before about how like the thing that's really ailing people is like we don't have human contact, we don't have like places, events to.
Speaker 3: Do with one another, and like this is corporate America.
Speaker 1: Being like well, we'll allow you to see each other as long as we can cash when it.
Speaker 2: Dance in and when it dance in the remnants of American consumerism that we turned into a third space.
Speaker 3: How would you like to feel haunted?
Speaker 1: Well, you experience human contact. And then just the awards not normally something we cover extensively on this show, but we do all three potential egot candidates.
Speaker 2: That's where we do like an et.
Speaker 3: We do like an egot.
Speaker 1: So first of all, just memorable moments across the Tony's Brookshields wore crocs on the red carpet due to a toe surgery, so that's fun. The show's host, Arianna Debo's poked fun at her viral bafter rap. I don't I remember that.
Speaker 2: That does not compute with my memory.
Speaker 3: So she came back and was like making fun of herself.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the big news, we got some eats, we got some e got potential. So Jeremy Strong, who won for succession on the TV front side of You Got won a Tony for an Enemy.
Speaker 3: Of the People.
Speaker 1: Shortly before I don't know if you saw his outfit. Yeah, he was dressed as John Wilkes booth for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he definitely he's got the Colonel Sanders tie or ribbon neck whatever that thing is called. I'm not an expert in men'swear, but that thing.
Speaker 1: So he won shortly before traveling back in time to assassinate President Lincoln, and because after his Emmy for succession, Uh, he is now I think on the verge of e gotting. Okay, he just needs to Like Grahmmy's the easy one, right, you just need to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, voice a book.
Speaker 2: You know, it's the Oscar, that's the one that the Oscar is tricky.
Speaker 1: But I feel like Jeremy Strong is on the track. You think I do.
Speaker 3: I think Jeremy Strong.
Speaker 1: He's like weird in a way that's off putting to people, but also is like serious and dogged.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like he's not gonna go and.
Speaker 2: Robbie Malet can get one. Yeah, yeah, I think, Yeah, maybe maybe freaky Jeremy can too.
Speaker 1: Sarah Paulson, on for a drama called Appropriate, already has an Emmy for that oj show playing Marshall Clark, one of my favorite performances, one of my favorite moments of tea.
Speaker 2: Her favorite characters from History.
Speaker 1: From my favorite characters from History and Angelina jo Lee. So Angelina Jolie is really the one we got to worry about here because she took home a tony because she was a co producer of the Outsiders, and she already got the oscar for Girl Interrupted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but will she debase herself and appear on television? I mean, you know, she feels like the last of those kinds of stars who were like I don't know if they would do a TV show, right, you know, like where like Glenn Close did TV and shit like that. Really, Angelina just seems a little too mysterious.
Speaker 1: Little like limited series. Maybe it's like five episodes from Steve McQueen maybe or someone like that.
Speaker 3: I could see it happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait she ever, I might just be like memory holing when she was ever in the TV show.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So, or at least not in any meaningful way where you're.
Speaker 1: Like this fall, Angelina Jolie is coming to Fox. She'll probably like produce something with the Obamas that wins Grammy.
Speaker 3: And as one does. Yes, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was uncredited in an episode of Entourage in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: Wow, So how did they miss that opportunity?
Speaker 2: To give her you missed it, sorry, all right.
Speaker 1: Well those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, June eighteenth.
Speaker 3: We are back on Thursday.
Speaker 1: We're off tomorrow for Juneteenth, and we're back on June twentieth, Thursday. So until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy.
Speaker 3: And we will talk to y'all on Thursday. Fight five