Speaker 1: So besides the critical role charity event that Will and I got to do, which was so much fun, I have not played D and D or like a role playing game like for a long time, except this summer. I discovered a role playing game that was like so perfect for me. And if there's anybody out there who's a fan of Stranger Things, there's a few, I'm sure a few fans, and there's a and there's a crossover too between D and D and Stranger Things obviously, because like Stranger Things brought D and D back, well, there's actually a role playing game built around the concept of Stranger Things itself. It's called Kids on Bikes and the whole idea is that you get to play kids on bikes in a small town who are running around figuring out a mystery or some sort of supernatural thing. It is the most fun. And this is the only time because I've never DMD, which is Dungeon Master if you don't know, or G or GMS game that's a more generic term, right, I've never done that until we discovered this game, and it is so much fun.
Speaker 2: Basically, actually have to get on a bike, no, but your bike.
Speaker 1: Gets to give you certain benefits, Like you pick your bike based on you know, like it's color and whether it has tassels, and that it's kind of like your spells, you know, like in it gives you different abilities or your class maybe is what you know.
Speaker 2: But you basically the best part about it.
Speaker 1: But the way the game works is you get together and you build the town as a group. So like I did this with Indy and two of his friends, and I did it with Shiloh too for a session. But like we get together and you all like answer questions about the town. So like you go in an order and you're like, what's the town like the high school mascot? What is this town's industry?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And the only real rule.
Speaker 1: Like like before you start this is it has to be before cell phones.
Speaker 2: Oh the game, so you have to be kids.
Speaker 1: On bikes before cell phones, so basically the nineties or earlier. So you figure out what time period it is and then you get together and then you build this town and you all answer questions and the best part is at a certain point after you know, like, oh, what's the town, like the industry of the town, and where do like what's the high school?
Speaker 2: Like and where's all what are the things going on?
Speaker 1: And then you go what are the rumors? And everybody of all the players get to come up with like I heard that the math teacher is an alien. I heard that in the lake there's a dead body. And then you so that's like session zero is you just come up with the town and draw out a map, and you all come up with the rumors. And then as the GM, what I get to go and do is like run off and take those rumors and create a game built around a group of kids investigating like the rumors or the myths of the town. It is so much fun, and you can go kind of anywhere you want. You can go like more horror, you can go more supernatural, you can go like X FILESY. You could go like straight just mystery, like you're just a bunch of kids dealing with you know, some some bad person in town or whatever. You can kind of build it however you want. And it's not like it's not like a fighting game. You know, it's not like D and D, because sometimes D and D can get very like yeah, it becomes like a video game whatever. It's very much a storytelling game, and you and you get to create, like you know that they have archetypes for the kids. You get to be like the jock, the new kid from out of town, you know. And so you create this friend group and maybe you're not all friends, maybe you like don't even really know each other. But this mystery, this adventure is going to bring you together. It is like the storytelling sweet spot for me, because like I love like first season of Stranger Things is still like one of my favorite things ever made. I didn't really stick with it after seas what was that? Will you don't like it?
Speaker 4: It was? It was good to me if you pull out the eighties aspect, it was just a totally basic television show, and.
Speaker 2: I kind of wish they had just pulled out the referential Like to me, that was it was the nostalgia that that people love more than it.
Speaker 1: But see but see I love like Erie Indiana, remember that show.
Speaker 2: I love x Indiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love like any And I also of course like going back to like stand by Me Gooney is like I just love those kinds of stories, and I feel like, you know, it hasn't still like they've tried to bring back that like amblin Nix, but like to me, when you do it so referential, I get less interested. Like that's where The Stranger Things kind of lost me. It was like this is cool, Like I love the characters. I thought the actors were so good, but.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't need everything to be like.
Speaker 1: That movie poster from that thing you've seen this other Yeah, I get over that too, But like actual storytelling, like David Harber is so good and I just like I yeah, and I just love the idea of like you know, even like Super eight remember that movie. Yeah, it like wasn't great, but I love the idea of the movie.
Speaker 2: Like that's I just wanted to bring that Spielberg that was the Spielberg. Well he produced it, but it was J. J. Abrams with director.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I mean with with with kids on bikes? Can Danielle still dress up in costume?
Speaker 5: This idea as long as I as long as I just get to kind of be like a kid in a decade in town.
Speaker 2: I don't have to be an elf.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be a dryad or yeah no, you can just be Can I be an help for a dryad if I want to. The thing is the game is flexible, but no, I like the idea that you sort of keep it grounded, and like the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Is that you're you know, you're you're still driven story. Yeah exactly. Oh it's so fun.
Speaker 4: Well nothing, but there's nothing like getting into a full campaign whenever you're playing, when you're with a bunch of people and it's a bunch of friends who are all enjoying it and you're going for the same. I mean even the night we had a critical role that one the one shot we did, it's so much fun.
Speaker 2: Nobody walked away from the table.
Speaker 1: It was like Christine Lincoln was texting me the next day being like, can we just do that for fun? And I was like, yeah, people do this all the time. No, I agree.
Speaker 2: I think there's something about you know what. What it harkens back.
Speaker 1: To for me is like when you used to play on the playground with your friends and just made to believe together. And I think that's what I like about kids on bikes is that it's literally your kids doing that, you know, So there's something like childlike in that wonder that for me like makes it even more fun.
Speaker 2: Even when we do the critical role thing, we were playing teenagers, you know, and I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that aspect for some reason, that filter of like we're not just like gonna be like a bunch of wizards like real.
Speaker 2: Adults in this fantasy world.
Speaker 1: Like that's a little harder for my brain to make that leap, especially when I'm playing with my son who's eleven, Whereas if I'm like, we're a bunch of eleven year olds and we're running around, I can sort of like my suspension of disbelief is easier.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, it's not like that.
Speaker 4: It's also it's a license to play. It's like we're all ten. Okay, great, let's let's just be ten.
Speaker 2: You were a child who didn't play and didn't make believes, come on, you never trust, you didn't have barbies and they mess. I would play house. I was always the.
Speaker 4: Mom, okay, telling everybody to start playing and work correct, giving the house the whole.
Speaker 2: Your mom got you to do housework. Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Playing, there's no time for that. That was literally it's just always what I looked forward to doing. Yeah, that's just it. That's what I thought being a grown up. It's what being a grown up is.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what you know what we do for Danielle. You know how we bring Danielle in. It's like you fade up? Were all kids fade up? Nineteen ninety to Panga Mall?
Speaker 2: Something else? Yeah, there you go. That's yes, we're at the mall.
Speaker 5: I have an ice blendid, I've done my bra shopping and now something.
Speaker 2: A mystery occurs in the mall. There you go?
Speaker 5: Or like the because there was the fall Brook Mall right down the street from the Panga Mall, and that mall is like basically remember when it was just empty and you can still see through it and you could tell that no one had done.
Speaker 2: In thereund mall, run down mall, run down wall. That's a great sight there was.
Speaker 4: It was just one story leave, then another story we leave, and the movie theater was still open, so you'd go to the movies and then there was nothing.
Speaker 5: They had plants and planters, no one had touched them. They were overgrown, just dead and overgrown, and it was it's.
Speaker 2: Just super creepy. We build our town around that. We have man doing the kids on bike camp. So that's great, that's that's awesome. It's a good idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the one thing I did like about stranger Things is the fact that anybody who plays D and D understands the entire show is just a D and D campaign. Yeah, you said that, there's all this that it's a it's actually structured camp.
Speaker 2: See I didn't stick with it after season two. It's good. It's a show.
Speaker 4: It really is a good show, and it ended great, but it was just I mean, it ended okay, but it was you know, it's one of those things where it's just if you're a D.
Speaker 2: And D fan, it's like, wow, this is amazing. YEA, Welcome to Pod Meets World.
Speaker 5: I'm Daniel Fishel, I'm Rader Strong, and I'm will fordll.
Speaker 2: Oh to day.
Speaker 5: We are recapping season seven, episode nine, The Honeymoon is Over It original Dunn.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: This episode is a dun dundon Dunn definitely dun dundun yep wow.
Speaker 5: It originally aired November nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine. The synopsis Corey and Tapega realize they are on their own when Sean moves into the girl's apartment and Corey's parents refuse to take them in. It was directed by Jody Binstock, her second of three Boy Meets World episodes. That she would direct. We Were the first show she ever directed. She would later get an Emmy nomination for the Lisa Kudro online series web Therapy, which she was the coep on, and she also eped z Nation, a show that ran from twenty fourteen to twenty eighteen. This episode was written by Barry Safchak. And before I get into our guest stars, which consists of two sets of triplets, do we want to talk about our overall thoughts?
Speaker 2: Go welco uh.
Speaker 4: I liked the idea of the A story. The B story was unwatchably horrible all the way around. It was so bad everything about it. I'm bad, Matt's bad, the twin, the triplets are bad.
Speaker 2: Times six well to be.
Speaker 5: I mean to cut you guys some slack. I can see on your face that you know how bad this is.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was just and I'm I'm struggling to like, I'm going to make this as big as possible, to like, if I can be on the corner tap dancing and doing this and trying.
Speaker 2: You're on the pool table basically tap dancing. Yes, to try and make.
Speaker 4: It fun, to try to do something, because the B story is it's insufferably bad.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: I thought parts of the a story could could have been tweaked a little bit, but the actual story itself of hey, now you're a married couple. Now you've got to deal with your life. Now you've got to figure this out, I thought was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I think that that that.
Speaker 1: Message is so cool and it's so interesting because boy Meet's world has been building up this marriage and you know, the fantasy and celebrating this couple.
Speaker 2: So to bring it crashing down and to have Rusty.
Speaker 1: Do it the way he does at the end, really like it almost saved the whole episode for me because I was like I was left with such a profound sense of like, oh god, they're really going there, which was surprising, and so that almost makes it a great episode because it's so profound. But up until then getting there, I was just like, this is kind.
Speaker 2: Of dumb, Like I just I don't know what's happened. I don't know about this. I just it's weird. It's it's a weird vibe. It's a really it's a I mean, and maybe that's a point.
Speaker 1: It's a buzzkill, right, Like it's so when it made the buzz kill the point of the episode. I was happy with it, but having my buzz killed throughout was not fun.
Speaker 2: So I was like, why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and I feel like there's a way you could have done it more like when you guys were stomping on the bugs.
Speaker 2: I was like, I guess either trying to make this fun or funny, but it's just not working for me. It's not landing. So I don't know something was off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with both of you.
Speaker 2: Is not to sound redundant. I really though.
Speaker 5: For me, the liking of the A storyline the only thing I will complain about with the A storyline because overall I just forget that the B storyline existed. And what I walked away Yeah, what I walked away from the episode with like, Oh, I actually liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked that.
Speaker 5: I liked the that come crashing down aspect of all right, you said you wanted to do this, we supported you.
Speaker 2: Here's reality. Love it.
Speaker 5: Love the way it was handled with the parents. Love the dynamic between mom wanting to be like, listen, maybe we should and dad being like, I know that this is hard for you, but we we've we talked about how hard this was going to be told you, we told you all of that was so great. What I what I wish happened at the very beginning of the episode, and I think is such a minor tweak that could have changed all of it is I don't know why Corey comes home so unlikable. I mean, there's many times that Corey is unlikable. We know that, but like he comes in and is like, where's my salami? And like, had he come in on the high of what we were just talking about that they've set up this marriage, I'm so excited and one for back we get to start, you know, honeymoon of real life honeymoon continues at college and then it's like like but instead he comes home already with like anger, demanding, and so that kind of like I don't know. I would have loved to have seen him more naive and innocent and happy and then have the reality of But that's I would say. I honestly, I think my only complaint overall with that a storyline. Otherwise I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: I would I would also just complain again, but I'm now just used to it. Of the characters, so being not the characters to Panga, who's a planner, never thought about where they were going to live afterwards. This discussion never happened once where we're going to live after we're married?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the whole, the whole point of this whole story, because like Topenga would be on it, by the way, right to me established her as this capable person. So even if she hadn't planned it and they didn't were prepared, you don't think that she could just immediately on a dime figure out the best apartment figure, you know. But they but they really want to emphasize the power of manhood and the father knows best, like you know, Rusty, you know, and it's it's up to Ben or Corey to be the man and to provide for his woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they literally have sitting on the stairs, not even in the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sidelined to Penga intentionally. The whole point of this is that the men men are supposed to and that's what Corey needs to learn, right, Corey needs to learn that it's his job to protect his woman and to provide a security house. It's like a very very you know, very tradition. It's a very patriarchal.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, but hold on.
Speaker 1: I wanted to say, Danielle, you seem like you're having fun in this episode, and you're very good in it.
Speaker 2: I think Danielle was having a blast. Partly. I know that because we've seen some outtakes, we've seen.
Speaker 1: Some loopers, and I know that you were having a blast, and so I like that because I was like, oh my god, like the whole like Corey Tapanga as like a comedy.
Speaker 2: Duo thing hasn't been activated enough in this show. You know, it's usually Corey.
Speaker 7: You see.
Speaker 1: The two of you having this dynamic was cool. I just wish it was better. But it seemed like you were having fun. So I was like, oh man, this must have been a good week for Danielle. On the flip side, Ben did not look like.
Speaker 2: He was having fun.
Speaker 1: I know, I felt like he was unhappy about something, like truly unhappy with something about the story or maybe in his own life. I don't remember. I could just tell that his energy level was not his you know, he was not bringing something that he usually effortlessly brings. And I don't know what that was, but I could tell that you were having fun and I felt like Ben was not. And I don't, you know, I don't know what was going on there, but if I think it hurt the episode.
Speaker 5: Okay, so guest starring The Dom Triplets were played by the Dom Triplets, Nicole, Erica and Jacqueline of Minnesota. The trio became famous after appearing in the nineteen ninety eight Big ten issue of Playboy, something they tried out for on the suggestion of their father. Oddly, they were the second set of triplets to ever be featured in the magazine. They also appear in the movie Juwanna Man Fun Trivia. Erica married Jay McGraw, the son of doctor Phil Okay, Okay. The male triplets were played by Ted, Tim and Tom de Philippo, also real life triplets. They played Tray of Triforia Gold Zeo Ranger in Power Rangers Zeo Okay, Tom was Tray of Courage, Tim was Tray of Heart, and Ted was Tray of Wisdom. They also appeared on Step by Step and in Major League Back to the Minors.
Speaker 4: No play Girl, I was gonna say they had a way less popular spread and Playboy way less popular.
Speaker 2: Like people are like this recommended by their mother as good as I thought.
Speaker 5: Do you remember having two sets of tripless Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember this week? Well, yes I do, will yes, I do share the stories. I remember.
Speaker 4: It was a very difficult week. It was very, very difficult, difficult, I would.
Speaker 5: I think a very diplomatic answer for what we're trying to say here is that they didn't have a lot of acting experience.
Speaker 2: They weren't actors. We weren't actors weren't.
Speaker 5: And and a lot of the by the time we got to tape night, and by the time you see this episode, their lines had been significantly cut down. So throughout the week there were a lot of timing things. Of course, a lot of the comedy came from the three of them saying similar things, and timing is something that you can't necessarily teach to people, and so it was probably a very rough week of rehearsal with rough run throughs, and then it leading into a tape night and a pre tape and things weren't necessarily going. They weren't smooth sailing, and for the most part we were in a groove. So when it was something through a wrench into the groove, it was difficult it was.
Speaker 1: And for what, like, for the sake of a storyline that is just not that good.
Speaker 2: It's not that good. It's awful. I know.
Speaker 4: It's just I means whenever Boy Meets Call defaults to hot girls, I want to date hot girls.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb.
Speaker 1: And it's like, you know, it's like Desiree and season two.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, just do better, guys, Like I want.
Speaker 4: To watch the craziness and ridiculousness of Desiree times.
Speaker 2: Over this storyline. Yeah, this story I just I did.
Speaker 4: And it was just Jack and Eric saying that like finishing each other's sentences about the hot girls there across the street.
Speaker 2: It was the.
Speaker 5: Only time I think it has worked in a storyline on Boy Meets World. I didn't mind Lonnie the outdoors woman character, but.
Speaker 2: It was about her personality. It was about like, you know, like he was.
Speaker 5: Eric was very interested in her because of her looks. Actually her personality scared him. She wanted to go eel wrestling and whatever. That's where we get the joke that the best women are men. But like that storyline where they have an outdoors store and there's an outdoorsy woman and Eric's like Oh, this hot piece of woman.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 5: It is the only time I feel like the storyline like worked well.
Speaker 1: It was it was more than one episodes. It was the three episodes at least where she was and we got to know her, yes, And the point was that, like he thought of her as an object, I had to deal with who she actually.
Speaker 2: Was as a human being. So it was she also wasn't interested in Eric at all.
Speaker 4: That's the thing that was, just like, I don't care about you even slightly in that way.
Speaker 2: Which I think was good.
Speaker 4: But the other thing I do remember about this week, and you're about to say her name, is how much we love the other guest star and how good she was.
Speaker 2: And I don't know Marisol Nichols.
Speaker 4: I distinctly remember this week. Is this her only episode or is she in the next week's episode?
Speaker 2: Sure, first of two Boy Meets World episodes.
Speaker 4: We I remember all of us as a cast having conversations about her, where we were like, damn, she's good, and I think you're gonna see it next week because I remember she came on screaming and I remember her name. I was like, oh, that's Marisol Nichols. I remember she's gone on to do some incredible things. But I remember us as a cast. It was like when what's his name came with the pencil through the head, and where all of us as a cast were like, he's great, Like we could work with this guy all the time. That's how we felt about her. And when she when we all walked away as a cast, we were like, man, she's really good. Yeah, And that's what I remember most about this week was those two things.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: She is best known as Audrey Griswold in Vegas Vacation. She also played Hermione Lodge on the TV show Riverdale, and appeared in five episodes of the MTV version of teen Wolf. She appeared on Friends alias Charmed, and exactly twenty four episodes of twenty four.
Speaker 2: Oh but she was there for a day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I do not want to ignore this footnote in her bio. In twenty twelve, when her career slowed down, Nichols began working with former FBI and CIA agents, Navy seals and green berets to act as bait during sex predator stings.
Speaker 2: Wait, how does one get that job? You looking?
Speaker 5: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's so. She lost so young?
Speaker 5: Wow, that that she was a that she was like, I'll be an actor luring sex predators.
Speaker 2: That's risky though.
Speaker 4: Because you can easily be but you could also easily be recognized. I mean, if you've got a sex predatoro's like a fan of something she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, what a cool job.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 5: Hopefully we can try to get her on the podcast if we can talk to her about it, we should, and we get another Jacob's Kid cameo in this one, Danny Jacobs as the kid who sees dead people. Yes, So, jumping into our recap, we are in the girl's apartment. Corey, still in a Hawaiian shirt and carrying luggage, bursts through the door, with Tropical Topanga close by. He greets Angela and Rachel by shouting I'm back from the honeymoon and I want some salami.
Speaker 2: Which I thought was going to be a double on Tandra. Yeah barely a single, Rachel.
Speaker 5: Says hi to Topanga, referring to her as married girl. Topega smiles from ear to ear.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 5: Corey feverishly searches the fridge. Where's the salami. I'm back from the honeymoon, so where's the honeymoon? Welcome Salami, we are moving in here. A terrified Rachel turns to Angela. He said, moving in. A stunned Angela responds, I am equally troubled. Corey explains, I mean a man moves into his new house, he expects to find a nice deli spread. All of this it's just so unlikable, But.
Speaker 1: It's also just like unbelievable, like what, well, no one planned that.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I actually I don't have a problem with this aspect of it because it does come out in just a second that like, at some point, Topanga and Angela were talking about, well, what are you guys gonna do, and Tapega said, well, we're gonna get our own apartment. We'll move in, we'll get to decorate it, maybe have a couple of kids. And in Ta Panga's mind, she didn't think Angela was asking what are you gonna do the day you come home from the honeymoon. So Angela took that answer of we're going to move out to mean right away. So they gave a way to Pega's room immediately, and Topanga all this time has thought, we're going back to move into my room together while we look for a place.
Speaker 4: Her best friend is okay with her boyfriend moving into the room next door and packing up all of Tapanga's stuff himself.
Speaker 5: Also, the easiest solution is Sean move in with Angela.
Speaker 2: You guys are together, and then we have separate rooms in the same apartment together.
Speaker 5: Correct, And there's no discussion of the fact that that's it's.
Speaker 1: A big deal too for Sean to be moving in with Angela but then also into a different room. I think this is why I could never remember the dynamics of the apartment, because I didn't.
Speaker 2: I get kicked out, Yes, I get kicked out of this apartment.
Speaker 5: To have Maitland move in, and it became Maitland's apartment, remember, and then it became the girls apartment.
Speaker 4: And now because a professional wrestler came in and we wrestled for the apartment.
Speaker 2: Try to remember how this works? Writer, Okay, so.
Speaker 4: The WWE mankind kicks in the door, you do, and we wrestle for the apartment, which then, I think, legally in Pennsylvania means the least transfers over to Rachel right after a wrestling match.
Speaker 2: I want to see.
Speaker 1: I want to see the like the least agreement for this scrim like there should be a document that's all crossed out for the next six months.
Speaker 4: Sean, No, no, no, yeah, So that to me, it didn't Again, it doesn't figure. I get what you're saying, Danielle where it's like, it's supposed to be a but I thought you said this, and I thought you said that.
Speaker 2: I thought you said this.
Speaker 4: But the idea works, like, all right, they're on their honeymoon, Sean, get in there and pack up all of her stuff and leave it by the door.
Speaker 2: It's like, I know, I know, it's so yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Topanga insists Silico grocery shopping together later it'll be fun. Corey reveals, you know what I like to do at the grocery store, ring the butcher bell and then run away. He laughs to himself, there's nothing funnier than an angry butcher. But no one is laughing. Corey quickly turns to Tapanga, where's the magazine I got to do?
Speaker 2: My miss is quite on. It's joke. We haven't a good poop joke in a while. Come on, I mean yeah, I mean, Cory is just doing this voice this entire.
Speaker 4: What I mean, most of the episode until it gets really serious. He's doing this kind of you know with my where's where's my sausage?
Speaker 1: Well, it's just Michael giving him line readings, right, I mean that's Michael's just like and I bet you Ben was like, why am I saying the salami?
Speaker 2: Why? And Michael's because it's funny say it like this. I gotta do my business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's to Banga again for just no reason at all, appears to love Cory's gross behavior and asks the ladies and her roommates, isn't he cute?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But Angela is still stuck on the fact that he thinks he's living in the apartment, and t Bega doubles down. Of course he is. Where else would he be living? Silly? Angela reminds you said that after you got married, you'd be moving out to Pega insists we will be eventually. Rachel and Angela sie, oh boy, and Topega wonders what that means. Then on cue, Sean bursts out of the bathroom with wet hair, wearing a robe. Angela, I tried your body wash. I smell like peaches. Corey walks up and sniffs him. You do you really do? Sean turns his attention to to Panga. I packed up all your stuff from your room and I put it by the door. Pega doesn't get it. Why would he do that? It was in the way when I moved into the room. Tapega's even more confused. Why would he move into her room? Sean reveals what he assumes is obvious, because I live here now and you don't. Corey appears offended and starts backing away from his best friend in horror. Oh, I get it. They think we don't live here anymore. That's why there's no salami to Pega is stunned. Sean moved into her room. Corey tries to calm her down. They'll find her a place to live. Angela points out, you don't live here either. Corey lets that sing in and bluntly tells Tapanga honeymoon's over.
Speaker 2: Then the door is kicked in and Triple E just standing there. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Again, people the room again?
Speaker 2: That was the season?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This is so weird? O?
Speaker 1: God, sorry, is so off the rails crazy?
Speaker 2: What's a completely different thingion?
Speaker 1: But I mean, like the wedding episode is really the only one I can think of that. I'm like, yeah, that was great start to finish well, I mean again, you know, the stressed out about the wedding. So the those two episodes six and seven, Yeah, we're like actual episodes of television.
Speaker 2: Everything else. I just feel like I'm on drugs when I'm watching them, Like, I don't know, you know.
Speaker 4: We just talked to one of our writers and and he said that an older writer had called him and said, you know, season four ish, when did it become a drama? And it got me thinking that if you just watched a random episode from season one, then say a random episode from season three, then a random episode from season six, and a random episode from season seven, it's four different television shows. Yeah, so and this is this is by far the one where it was just like.
Speaker 2: Let's do voices to each other, let's just make each other laugh. Nothing's going to make any sense. Go and it wass were canceled anyway, right right? It seems like this hire it's sais. This whole season seems like a senioritis kind of season to me. He's like, yeah, let's do this. It's like okay, well, we're.
Speaker 5: Back at the dorm Topenga and Corey are walking down the hall carrying their belongings and to Penga admits we should have gotten a place before we left. Corey reminds her they didn't have a whole lot of time between getting married and then getting arrested and then going on their honeymoon.
Speaker 2: To Pega is at least happy. We have your old dorm room to ourselves. Set up, set up?
Speaker 7: Is that up?
Speaker 2: There? I go as Corey unlocks his door, It swings open.
Speaker 5: It's Eric and Jack.
Speaker 2: Nope, Nope, all wrong, screwy, what's going on?
Speaker 5: This is Corey's room? But Jack pulls out a long contract that state's university bylaws forbid any married couple from living in a dorm other than the one for married couples. Corey leans in, maybe we just don't have to tell anybody. The boys mock him. Maybe he's right, Maybe we don't have to tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Too late.
Speaker 5: We sent a copy of your marriage certificate to the office of the university president. Jack flaunts the paper in their faces into Pega's flabbergasted how could you do this to us? On cube, blonde triplets wearing only bathtowels pop out of the dorm room across the hall. Hi Jack High Professor Matthews. The trio cozy up to the boys and Jack suggests they take a look at the co ed bathroom, and the girls agree they could use a shower. Jack pulls up his shirt to flaunt them abs and to claim some non existent dirt to clean. The inmates go crazy as Eric counts the number of sisters to make sure everyone knows there are three. On their way into the bathroom, he turns around one last time. You can't live here anymore, so get out. Tapega can't believe it. How could he do such a horrible thing to your own brother? And Corey tells her believe me, Topanga, it was the right move. She rolls her eyes.
Speaker 4: College educated people here on this zoom, of which I am not one?
Speaker 2: Is this a thing? Are you not allowed to be married in a dorm? Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: Or?
Speaker 2: Maybe? But it wouldn't it be a rule for like across the board?
Speaker 4: Correct meaning what like no no co like no yeah boy, or just no married couples.
Speaker 2: The idea that they have a married dorm is straight.
Speaker 5: I could see them having a married dorm. Section four people who are you have to be married to be in there? Because they don't want just couples and then breaking up and getting out of leases, so you actually have to be married, even though of course you can get a divorce. But maybe because it's going to be married, couples are going to want it to be a little quieter. They may have a baby, so they want family friendly stuff versus like partying. There may be separate laws like that, But it wouldn't be that married couples couldn't live in other dorms, but it could seem that single people couldn't live in.
Speaker 2: Married it says yes.
Speaker 4: Many colleges and universities offer on campus housing specifically for married students, typically in the form of apartment style units or townhouses rather than traditional dorm rooms. These options are often available for legal married couples, domestic partners, and sometimes single parents, with locations like UCLA and the University Wisconsin system offering such accommodations.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Wonder if are I guess I should be asking you? Are married people allowed to live in the dorms?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Why would that be a rule that like, yeah, you have to only live in the section for married people that that doesn't make sense. Yeah, I don't know, It's like a senior living facility. You can you have to be a senior to live there, you know what I mean? Like, that's how it would normally work that singles couldn't live in a married couple's dorm, but married couples should be able to live in a regular dorm. There's no reason they're not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it actually says married couples are generally allowed to live together in campus housing, but usually within designated family or married student housing units rather than standard shared dorm rooms.
Speaker 2: Oh so maybe that is a thing.
Speaker 4: Well, some universities offer specialized apartments for couples. Typical dormitories often have restrictions against non student partners living in standard shared or single gender rooms.
Speaker 1: Non student partners, right, because the idea is that if you have a partner, that makes they.
Speaker 2: Have to be a student there, right, you both have to be students. You can't just be like six year old girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Doesn't really happen, you know how many eighteen to twenty four year olds was what we're really talking about are getting married and having I.
Speaker 4: Would I would argue it would depend on where you are. You've got a school like BYU, where there's a lot of Mormons who get married early.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 4: You could have a lot of eighteen nineteen year olds that are married a couple.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: My parents were married at twenty one and had me at twenty three.
Speaker 2: Three welds going to the same college.
Speaker 5: My mom was not going to ASU, So I don't think they lived. They didn't live on games.
Speaker 1: So I think it's the idea that somebody who's not a student, right right, can't just do it rousing because they're married, right right.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I just go to college.
Speaker 5: It was easier, Yeah, to Penga rules her eyes. Well, we're running out of options here, my husband and provider, Well, I just want.
Speaker 1: To say, like, I'm willing to buy whatever the rules are that the university. But the reason for it to real real problem is because the girls are moved. They had to create a reason that they couldn't just move into the Yeah, it's it's the triplets thing. It's just so dumb.
Speaker 4: Sees the lynchpin of the episode, writer is the two sets of triplets.
Speaker 5: Corey laughs. Now I'm the provider. What happened to equality? What happened to partnership? Unaffected, she demands, get me a place to live. He submits, yes, mommy, that gives him an idea. Hmmm, mommy, and then there's a quick cut to the Matthews living room.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad that's what it meant me too, because I thought it was a sex thing at first.
Speaker 2: I did too. Oh. I was like, ugh, oh, that's exactly what I did.
Speaker 5: He's like, mommy, and then it was like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, you're actually gonna go ask your mother there.
Speaker 1: Yes, was immediately like, oh, we have to get to the Matthew's house.
Speaker 2: So that's what the mommy connection out. I immediately.
Speaker 5: Yah, so funny. Quick cut to the Matthews living room. Alan just says, no, Corey isn't happy with that. I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my mommy. He looks to Amy with hope, and she pleads with her husband it would only be until they got on their feet. Alan is in budging. No, Corey can't believe him. I'm your son. You don't tell your son. No. Alan takes a deep breath and easily repeats himself no, but Corey won't back down.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: We're moving in. You're lucky I even asked you, Alan warns, him, don't make me beat you up in front of your new wife. Amy can't believe Corey. Why didn't you give any thought to where you were going to live? He points out that they were a little busy, and it's not like he's ever done this before. Alan chimes back in, well you're gonna have to do it now. Corey shouts back, I never asked to be the man in this relationship. Tapega suggests that they should leave, but Corey doesn't get it. Where do you go if you don't have your parents? Amy tries again with Alan at least let them stay for a couple days, but he points a finger at her. Amy don't. She defiantly grabs his finger. Don't put your finger out at me. Don't tell me. Don't the inmates.
Speaker 2: Gas ooh, they were like they were in it.
Speaker 4: There is a couple a couple scenes where you heard them speaking. Did you hear the audience talking talking to themselves, like talking to like oh no or uh oh, stuff like that was like, oh, geez, okay, they're in At this point.
Speaker 5: Corey's jaw drops. He whispers to Panga. Mom's reved up, Go get the luggage. Amy continues these are my children too, and if I want them to stay here, they can stay here. Alan transitions to a calmer tone, Amy, they can't stay here. They're married. Now, it's Corey and Topanga, not Corey and us. Remember, Corey feels the tide shifting, so he jumps in. Mom, Mom, it's me. It's Corey. You used to wipe my tushy. Oh you loved that, remember, Amy shakes her head.
Speaker 1: Very simple addition, like to help make this scene would have been mentioning the baby, like, yeah, the fact that we have a baby that's you know, has sleep issues, or you you know, we already have a household that's you know, like it just it would have been an easy thing because, as it is, Alan doesn't have much more of an argument other than principal. Right, that's the whole point of this, right, Like, it's the principle that you decided to get married that I'm gonna make your life harder right.
Speaker 2: Now, right, I mean, that's that's all they stand.
Speaker 4: But I also get it. I get where he's coming from. Where it's like, we told you from the beginning how hard it was going to be. You can't now just jump in and live with us and let us take.
Speaker 2: Care of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I chose that's the principle, right, it's it's that's all. It's not there's no and but I also think, wouldn't that be benet wouldn't that also be bolstered by like the reality of like, no, we have other things, but they never even mention it, they never even want it's. It's it's it's it's an interesting choice. It's like it's it's leaning so heavily on like the lesson.
Speaker 2: You know, I would teach.
Speaker 1: You your lesson at the expense of my love for you. It's gonna you know, my my feelings or your mother and her feelings.
Speaker 2: We're going to just make this a big, bold lesson.
Speaker 1: And like, like I said, it does land at the end of the episode pretty well, I think, And but it's I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would have later later in the episode, like here in the beginning, I got where he was going. Later in the episode, after they find the apartment, I would like to have seen Rusty with logistical help.
Speaker 2: Well, then, like.
Speaker 4: I'm chewing on the water, well, I'm gonna come over, I'm gonna tell I'm gonna teach you how to fix the plumbing, let's paint the let me we're gonna work get there's stuff I can't help you with that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be here to help you with but you're not living here, right, I'm not ripping away my parental support.
Speaker 5: I'm just not going to give you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I'm just drawing a very healthy boundary, right, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: I wish that was where it went at the end.
Speaker 7: Work.
Speaker 2: It's rusty answering stuff.
Speaker 9: Like, yeah, we're gonna work on the plumbing that we can access. You're right, but you're not living here to get some bug spray. Let's you know, yeah we yeah, you're right. That would have made the world of a difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Sue is getting frustrated to me because by the fifth time I was like.
Speaker 2: Paint the place, and she's like, Okay, they're gonna paint it. Like relax, It's like, there's got to be something you can fix some stuff.
Speaker 4: You know. So that would have been I think a little bit helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Amy shakes her head. You can't stay here, Corey. I'm sorry. Corey scowls and threatens I'm telling Grandma. Topanga lingers behind and finally follows after her husband, Amy offers a sorry and Topanga admits I know. And then we're in the student union. Corey storms in with Tapanga and their luggage. My father's a jerk. I have a jerk for a father. Topega looks defeated. I'm sure he has a very good reason for not. Corey finishes her sentence for abandoning us. She insists, we don't need them, we need us. We need to stand on our own feet and figure out our situation. Corey says he's already figured it out their upper middle class home less college students.
Speaker 2: There's a very small pity factor here, great, very self aware line.
Speaker 5: In fact, I wouldn't feel sorry for us if I wasn't us to Pega needs to know how much money they have, so Corey calculates how much they got for their wedding and subtract how much.
Speaker 2: They spent on the honeymoon. They have seven blenders, another great line, so funny.
Speaker 5: Tapega admits it'd be nice to have a kitchen to put them in. Corey shouts to stop pressuring him. To Pega reasons with him, Corey, we have to live somewhere, and in return he mocks her, I.
Speaker 2: Want a roof over my head. I want a roof over my head, you baby.
Speaker 5: Then Sean Angela walk in and Corey greets them in an overly cheery tone. He sarcastically asks them well rested. Angela tells Topanga they have very good news. Mike and Debbie Fefferman had a fight. Angela explains he criticized her salad, so she shot him. Wait was it Fefferman? Hap Jennifer love Fefferman? I means another, it says. It may be the way it's spelled is f a f e er? It could be Feiferman, But I mean it looks like Fferman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would have recognized so too. I didn't hear it either. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 5: Topanga doesn't see the good news here, So Angela breaks it down because she's gonna do time and the dorm is gonna be available, Sean ads and those married dorms have gotta be great. You know how married people live, very sophisticated, very posh. Corey likes the sound of.
Speaker 2: That posh set up, set up. Then we get optical to the married dorms.
Speaker 5: Dramatic music plays as Corey and Topanga make their way down a dimly lit hallway with children's toys littered everywhere. A girl yells, I got a mid term in physiology. Tomorrow, make your own dinner. Her husband responds, fine, Kimberly, I'll make you a deal. I'll cook dinner. You stop talking. A baby starts loudly crying, and the woman begs it to stop.
Speaker 2: Did you guys recognize any voices here? I was trying to listen to see who they were.
Speaker 1: I wanted to Chris Kier, but of course he was gone by now, but I wanted.
Speaker 2: I was interested. I was like, who are these? You know? Do you think it's Marisol? At any point? I don't know.
Speaker 4: But one of the things that as a voiceover actor, I literally just got one two days ago. You're they cast voiceover actors for this and that. Like two days ago, I got an audition for to play a cop quote unquote on a sitcom and part of the job is you go to the set for two days and you yell the line from.
Speaker 2: Off the set.
Speaker 4: Oh interesting, So as of these could have been hired voiceover actors that are literally there with microphones saying the lines off the set.
Speaker 1: Wait, I just tried to hear like Matt Kirkwood or somebody that you know, because so often I don't think he.
Speaker 2: Was there season seven, Yeah he was, he was, did he Kirkwood? No, he left. He talked about how he left. Are you sure? Pretty sure? Yeah? Remember he said he took off At one point.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that if those names would have been in the list where it said Danny oh maybe yeah, Daniel Jacobs.
Speaker 4: Did anybody else have kind of a problem that when you moved to the married dorm that meant that every marriage sucked.
Speaker 5: Well, they're trying to talk about the reality of being a married college kid.
Speaker 3: Everybody's yelling everybody, don't slam the door you. It's like god, like, oh my god, my god, these are married twenty year old likes they made the mistake.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, they had baby's too young. It's like, God, terrible, it's the latter name name.
Speaker 1: Why the slum suddenly right, It's like the college just doesn't paint these dorms awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other dorms are all take care, but they just don't give this where you got married, it's not on us anymore. It's like what the hell.
Speaker 1: But I mean that's the man the lie of this entire episode. They really, yeah, that's that's literally what Rusty says. Yeah, yeah, and that's what the whole show is saying.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. Debbie's last name is Fefferman. Just why Jefferman's sister there she is.
Speaker 5: Corey and Topanga are deservedly rattled as they turn the corner and another couple is arguing over a barking dog.
Speaker 2: Shut the door.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna do that. A door slams, and he eggs his wife on that's it, break it. Tapanga points out it sounds like we have very colorful neighbors. Corey sees a little boy standing alone and says hi to the little fella.
Speaker 2: The boy whispers back, I say dead people.
Speaker 5: Corey fake smiles back, that's nice. He aggressively whispers to Tapanga, let's get out of here, but Tapega points out that they're right in front of Room two thirty six. This is going to be their home for the next three years. They bravely open the door and they are stunned at what they see.
Speaker 4: I have a logistical directing question for the two sitcom directors here that I'm talking to Is there a reason why basically every dorm room or everything we do is you walk down the hall and take a rite. Is there some kind of Is there a camera reason for that or a block reason for that? Why there never seems to go and take the left, like the room is never on the left, it's always on the right.
Speaker 2: Is there a reason for that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I think just this just where the set was exactly construction.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I didn't know if there was some like, well, if you shoot this way then you can't see into the whatever.
Speaker 2: Kind of we never go to the left in the other the left, but no dorm like all the rooms are always to the right. Yeah, And so I didn't know if that was that there was a reason for that or not. Okay, I guess not.
Speaker 5: Okay, to Pega and Angela's room is to the left, when when in that hallway their rooms are, there's you know, the boys was over to the right. Triplet came out, Yeah, that I think that was their room, right? Was it that room where I was actually picturing it more like where the bathroom is.
Speaker 2: But you're right, I didn't know if there was a reason for that.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's disgusting, tattered furniture, dirty appliances, stained carpet, police sirens blair as Topanga composes herself.
Speaker 2: It's the worst place.
Speaker 1: It's like, where are the bloodstains? Though, this is where Tapega's dad ended up. We need the bloodstains on the wall. It's just like that bad, chockoutable body.
Speaker 2: That's what we need.
Speaker 5: I did actually think that there was going to be a chalk line when the door opened. I thought, oh God, please let there still be a chalk line.
Speaker 2: That would be great.
Speaker 5: We cut to a commercial because it is, in fact not nice, but then we returned to the new room. Now inside, Tapanga opens a cabinet door and it falls right off the hinges. Okay, so it needs a little bit of work. Corey has an idea. I think we should think about the worst moment in our lives, and it'll only make us feel better about this one. They stand in silence for a moment, trying to think. Finally, Corey realizes it's this isn't it. To Pega nods in agreement, yeah it is, but she reminds him things are never as bad as they seem. Corey sarcastically responds, you're right, everything's terrific. It's just fabulous. And then back in the hallway, another fresh, young married couple has arrived with their luggage, and here Corey, I.
Speaker 2: Hate my parents and we live in a crack house.
Speaker 5: A couple share a nervous glance and scurry down the hall.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty funny bit, you know, already there a couple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, back inside Corey, into Pega's new trap house. Corey continues to wallow in the sadness. But why don't we find the good? To Panga, let's find the good because I don't know where it is. He scans the room and asks, is it underneath that pizza box? I don't know, it could be. He bends down to pick it up, and he finds a group of cockroaches hiding underneath it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember having cockroaches on set like this?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: But I also don't.
Speaker 5: I didn't think they were real. They I mean, although they were moving, it looked fake to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't tell.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think they were battery operated.
Speaker 1: Seems a lot of like a lot more work than just find tyttle batteries.
Speaker 5: It was probably real cockroaches, but I don't remember. I have no fear of cockroaches. We had Madagascan hissing cockroaches, so it would not have bothered me at all to have them there, So I don't remember them. Corey jumps onto the couch and fear. Nope, that's where the vermin are hiding. She calls him a baby and stomps on the insects without hesitation, repeating the move as Corey points out, they're still alive and they're drunken. Cousins from Louisiana have arrived, and now they're both stomping on the floor with ferocity. When a woman opens the door, she's holding a baby and staring at the crazy couple jumping around. Corey and t Benga finally noticed.
Speaker 2: That just opened the door. Oh, this seems like a safe neighborhood.
Speaker 5: No knockings like the police iron anchorage.
Speaker 2: That I mean, I understand it, like you knock.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't the door just be open? Why not just keep the door open? So she's standing in an open door.
Speaker 1: Because they needed to have the joke of the shouting match that the other couple scared of.
Speaker 2: But we could have shown them up. The hall door.
Speaker 5: Could be open up.
Speaker 2: They could be up the hall and turn around and not walk. Yeah. They're like, yeah, but the.
Speaker 5: Door, the door open would have saved everything. Yes, because yes, it's very weird that she's like.
Speaker 2: Hi, my baby.
Speaker 4: By the way, I know they weren't allowed to speak because they were background, but a great joke would have been the couple. As they're walking about to leave, the Cory turns to the Tapanga and says like, man, my dad's a jerk, you know, something like that, to show that it's the same cupboard.
Speaker 2: They couldn't couldn't have them talk right right.
Speaker 5: Corey and Tapanga finally noticed the visitor and stop. He explains they were just doing the dance of their people. The woman introduces herself as Kelly Aragon, a little nod to Carlos Aragon.
Speaker 2: Or Lord of the Rings. Okay, sure, and.
Speaker 5: The baby is Samantha, who never sleeps ever. As their new neighbor, she welcomes them to the dorm to Penga gushes over the tiny baby and asks if she can hold her. So Kelly hands over Samantha and to Panga turns to Corey with the baby in her arms.
Speaker 4: Oh your face, And that reaction is great.
Speaker 2: It's so real.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Yeah that was a great This whole beat is awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's really cute. Corey immediately responds, no, put it back, put it back. Topega returns the baby and Kelly explains, well, she'd be a lot cuter if she would just sleep for like a minute. I mean, other babies sleep, right. I don't think I can stay awake much longer. And at this moment, I'm like, why is Japanga not saying, let me take the baby for a little bit to let you sleep?
Speaker 2: But she's just like, cool, can't sleep, haven't slept in days?
Speaker 1: Sad?
Speaker 2: Maybe don't be a whore?
Speaker 5: My gosh, Corey wonders, just out of curiosity, the bed where your baby doesn't sleep all night? That's not located behind these paper thin walls, is it? Because the only crying I want to hear is my own. Topega gives him a look and Kelly assures them it's all right. At least he's here. My husband's a med student. They never come home, Hocully. She turns to leave, but stops her.
Speaker 2: She's not a cooler, she's scary to a med student.
Speaker 4: Exactly who's gonna leave her? The second he passes the board. Everybody knows that she puts him through college. He takes off.
Speaker 2: It's the old story.
Speaker 5: You two are newly weds, aren't you, she says. Topega responds, Yeah, we are, and Kelly wishes them a sincere good luck. Just as Samantha starts to fuss now alone, Topanga tells Corey, Okay, let's just look at this as a true test of character. Now we can either run from this or we can be stronger than this. Corey places a hand on her shoulder and says good luck before sprinting to the door, But when he grabs the handle for refuge, it comes right off cod. He turns to Tapanga nervously explains, I wasn't really gonna run. He stammers through his words and places the doorknob in her hand. This is for you, and then we're in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: If I say it like everyone, fais a lummy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They needed another week with the script, at least another week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe quadruplets would have made it funny.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: Payboy model, Yeah exactly, Yeah, that would have done it.
Speaker 2: It's the knife thing.
Speaker 5: Octuplets, Now that's hilarious. Corey and t Banka are slumped down in the front row, looking absolutely exhausted. Feene lectures about the Black Plague, detailing the maggot infested rotting corpses that littered the streets of Europe.
Speaker 2: Can I think? Is it again? Not having gone to college?
Speaker 4: Is there a reason why they're still in a high school history class.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's talk about World War two?
Speaker 1: Like okay, textbook reading, like we can all read at this, like we know, like the history is just.
Speaker 2: I know it. Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It's so strange Poene teaching you a class where it's like this could have been the same exact lesson from season one.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, exactly. Corey glances at to Panga he's talking about us. Tapanga half heartedly raises her hand in wines, I have a bath. Phoene asks that she reserve her personal matters for after class, but toa Panga continues.
Speaker 2: To complain, our water is brown. Phoene tries to stop her, but Corey chimes in and you have to chew it. As they both.
Speaker 5: Fester in their depression, Phoenie announces to the class, I rarely do this, but I'm going to dismiss the class on account of well pathetic. Everyone leaves except the pathetic couple in question. Corey points a finger at Phoenian says in a gravelly New York accent, he got a big house, Phoene, no children to Pega mimics the voice. What do you do in that house? Phoene?
Speaker 2: You eat this totally? You guys doing like the bake sale. Huh, it's just bits and it's great, Like this is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Phoene is shocked. What's the matter with you two? And why are you so unkempt? Corey fake laughs, Ah, we're unkempt. You hear that, Topanga. Then he raises his voice. You'd be unkempt too if you lived in an apartment with only one washing machine and no dryer.
Speaker 2: And you know how the baby cries like this, wha, wha, whaa all night.
Speaker 5: Phoene tries to get a word, and but Corey won't stop crying like a baby. Phoene says, he gets it, it's unpleasant. Topenga gets down to business. Quit stalin Phoene, we stay in with you or not, and he quickly responds not. So They both get up without another word, dodging a hug Phoene tries to assure them, from the bottom of my heart, I would do anything for you too, if it's anything short of actually moving in anything at all. Back in the gravelly voice of struggle, Cory asks, now, how about some of your million's fella and he tries to reason with Topanga, but she just shouts to her husband, hold him down, I'll get his wallet. Corey suddenly has a change of heart. No, that would be wrong. This man is an educator. Topanga agrees you're right. What could he have?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: Nine bucks? Phoene proudly adds and a Blockbuster card. Very happy with that, yep. Then he grabs the two Ruffians and says, let me tell you something about life. Corey begs him, no, please, no more words. You have been telling me about life since the first grade. How come you never prepared us for this? Phoene gets serious. Although you can't see it now, your reward is yet to come. Corey is fed up. What are you a fortune cookie? And Topanga perks up, who has cookies?
Speaker 2: So funny?
Speaker 1: I mean it is the dialog here is funny.
Speaker 2: It's not quite working for me. I'm not sure what it is.
Speaker 5: I agree, I don't know what it is, but there is. It's funny, but it's not working. Yeah, Phoene resents the sentiment. My words are heartfelt and highly original. To be reduced to a whimsical jocularity that's stuffed into a cracker is in a front to the very essence of my character.
Speaker 2: How do we say this as fancily as possible? Fancy words speak.
Speaker 5: Tapanga sticks her tongue out and blows a raspberry in his face.
Speaker 2: Corey is proud, Well put, honey, well put? Can you demanded the raspberry? No? I don't either. I want to know.
Speaker 5: He demands that Phoene give them something they can actually use. Phoene thinks for a moment and lands on persevere and prosperity shall be yours. They both frown at his meaningless mumbo jumbo and storm out of the room with another without another word. Once they're gone, Feene admits, all right, I'm a fortune cookie.
Speaker 7: Great line, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: And then we're in the student union, Eric and Jacker jabbing pool balls at each other. Why aren't you guys just playing pool? Because we're playing pockey.
Speaker 4: This is what we started playing, all of us on the set started playing this game that we called pockey, and this is the first time that they actually put it in the show. So it was pool hockey and we'd have one ball and you try to snap it to the thing, and we all started playing this like rider.
Speaker 2: All of us were grabbing this. So it's like, what's the one with a hockey? Yeah, or air hockey, bastball, foosball.
Speaker 4: And you've got your one ball and you and you actually don't remember doing this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we played.
Speaker 4: We played all the time we have, we had pockey tournaments going on, so this is the first time we got to see it. I was like, hey, pocky, Yeah, it's so funny. Probably ruined the hell out of the table, but it was Yeah, when that.
Speaker 5: Table had been ruined already with all the people jumping up on it. Yeah, Eric and Jacker jabby pool balls at each other. With the cues, when Rachel walks up and realizes, I haven't seen you guys in days. How's life been treating you? I needed a reminder about why any of this storyline is going on, Like it's so long ago, but we like, why why are they trying to make her jealous?
Speaker 1: Like do you know what I mean, I know, well this is also where I was like, God, she's she's Matt's X, like she and Jack, and they're not even acknowledging that, Like now we just completely drop that they were in a relationship, like they they had like one of the most like profound.
Speaker 2: Kisses on the show. Yeah, and then just act like it never freaking happens.
Speaker 4: Well no, but I think what they were trying to show was that Maitland is one pretty girl and the others are three.
Speaker 5: You know what now when okay, when I get yeah, you see what I'm saying, and that is funny, like you know, one versus three.
Speaker 4: Right, because again Maitland one, but the dom Triplets, thanks to their dad, are three.
Speaker 5: Three right gosh Okay, well so I think now I feel silly now, thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then incomes Triple.
Speaker 5: E, another triplet. The boys trade smiles. She wants to know how life has been treating them. Eric explains life, which has up until now treated us terribly, has decided to pay us back. On cue, the blonde triplets walk in, once again wearing matching outfits as full grown adults. Eric announces these are the domb Triplets, then places himself between them, and they're the best dumb triplets I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: God, is this.
Speaker 4: One of Could you argue this is one of the worst and useless, most useless the stories in the history of the show. For sure, I think you could some that are weird, but this one is just like what it's actually happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should keep it Tally.
Speaker 1: I wanted because I feel like we've had a couple of these where we're just like, yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: What is going on? But this has the triplets have to be up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the don Triplets is pretty bad. Jack explains there are neighbors, all three of them. Eric jumps up on the pool table and again counts them one, two, three.
Speaker 2: Let's trike so hard. Oh man, hello, my baby, Hello my dog.
Speaker 1: I just want you to put on the top and a bow tie.
Speaker 2: Do your best Marsel the monkey.
Speaker 5: Trying out.
Speaker 8: Comedy. Just say it loud and big, so hard. Heart breaks for you.
Speaker 5: You're like, oh god, I'll do it, I'll do it, I watch it, I'll save it.
Speaker 2: Guys. Oh god, I was gonna hit the wall. I'm gonna run into a full speed what's gonna happen?
Speaker 5: He just loves to count them. Rachel awkwardly says hello, and Jack asks, aren't they just the greatest girls? Eric reemphasizes, because there's three one, two, three, and there's only one of you and three of them, and you lose.
Speaker 4: I'd like to thank my parents for standing behind me this entire time.
Speaker 2: I didn't think i'd be standing up there tonight. This is really unexpected. Yeah, just to be nominated, yeah, just to be nominated. But this is crazy.
Speaker 5: Rachel points out, well, there's three of them and there's only two of you, So what's up with that? One of the triplets, and since they are not distinguished in the captions, I do not know which one responds they promised they'd find us a third guy. Then another continues so we can all go out together, and the last one adds we always do everything together. Jack and Eric emphasize everything the triplets to tell the boys.
Speaker 1: I think I've talked about this before, but you know, when I do the like screenplay teaching that I do with the fifth grade the kids when I go, I've done it at multiple schools, but now I do it at Indie School. One of the things that the kids always do is they write dialogue at the characters say the same dialogue.
Speaker 2: At the same course like in real life. Exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like it's one of those things that, for whatever reason, it's like a kid brain just automatically it's like, oh, and then this side of the you know, these three people will say this thing, especially if they're like sisters or brothers, they'll have them be like we were hungry, and you're like, nobody can do that, Like that's human the not humanly. This is one of those moments. Yes, oh, they're just we are triplets. We finish each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looks like it's fifth grade writing. It worked for me. There's three of them.
Speaker 4: There's one Maitland. I don't think you guys are following me. One Maitland.
Speaker 2: She's tall, thought three of the top three of the blonds.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, yeah, I don't thank you for the reminder.
Speaker 4: Well, what's funnier before you go any farther than one set of triplets? Take it away, Daniellelet here we go.
Speaker 5: The triplets tell the boys they've been so nice in helping them find their dorm room. They owe them a party. Eric shrieks, they owe us a party. And so the girls ask did they find the other guy. Jack and Eric excuse themselves to figure out a plan. Eric panics, third guy, Third guy party. Then he points to a random guy in the corner. I choose you a student who looks just like Scott Bayo?
Speaker 2: Does he even really notice that?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's wild?
Speaker 5: Perks up and asks him, Hey, do you want to go out with one of these beautiful women? Without missing a beat, he asks, can my brothers come with me? The camera zooms out to reveal two other guys who look a lot like Scott Bayo, and they're all dressed the same again as adults.
Speaker 1: I totally forgot, and I can't believe I forget. I'm looking at Danielle's curtains.
Speaker 2: Do you guys, did it bother you that Ben's sweatshirt blended in with the cabinets in the classroom? Exactly? Do you remember this?
Speaker 1: It's it's like almost the same color as Danielle's curtains, and he, for whatever is his sweatshirt matches the cabinets.
Speaker 2: It's so bad, It's like it's the weirdest thing. And I was like, why wouldn't they change this? Like how did nobody notice that that? Is?
Speaker 5: By the way for our dear listeners who don't know that is a large part of what the wardrobe stylists are supposed to do is to take into account the set, colors, fabrics, the couch. You don't want to put somebody in a floral dress on the floral couch. So that's like a big, you know, a big thing. So that should have been a consideration, Like, hey, this color too close to the color of the set.
Speaker 2: I found so distracted.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well I was looking at the triplets, the two sets of triplets.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean, another good looking set of triplets at this tiny school. What are the odds?
Speaker 2: I also in this in the student union.
Speaker 1: In one of the scenes, it was so fun Shiloh's girlfriend Darcy and it's like right on camera, like she's walking with another guy like towards the camera, and I was like, oh, my heart just was like oh, because yeah, she was living with Shiloh at the end. Yeah, they were together for like five years and and so so fun to see.
Speaker 2: Her like right, yeah, cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, the audience loves the big reveal, and Eric and Jack know this is bad news. The dom triplets are immediately ensoorcelled. By the other guy's tripletness and they say goodbye to Eric and Jack two by two as they walk out the door.
Speaker 2: Well took, yeah.
Speaker 5: Forever, it took because it was all about bye no no hi hi no.
Speaker 4: Hi high no Hi yeah hi hi no hi hi no no hi high no no. And it was all about the timing, timing.
Speaker 2: So here, writer, let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Will you be the no al ready okay, but we're gonna do it. We're gonna do it the way. It took a long time, ready, okay, hi.
Speaker 2: Hi no.
Speaker 5: Hi hi no hi hi no. And it took, and we must have done it fifteen times. I mean, okay, just now, let's do it. Well ready hi hi no hi hi no hi hie no, there you go, thank you.
Speaker 2: And it took.
Speaker 4: It became one of our famous bloopers that we have because it just we couldn't get it. And then, to make matters worse, we finally got it and I turn and I say, Maitland instead of Rachel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I hear Michael go you you had it.
Speaker 6: Run.
Speaker 2: So it was just but it just took.
Speaker 4: I mean, by the end, Matt and I were literally staring at the camera, like, what the hell is going on? They just they couldn't get the timing. They just couldn't get the timing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, Realizing they have been disinvited to the party, they turned back to Rachel, who's happily lounging on the pool table. Eric notes, we appear to have a gaping hole in our social calendar, so if you're not doing anything later, maybe we could. Rachel cuts him off. You know, I wasn't, but now I think I'm just going to go home and laugh, laugh and laugh.
Speaker 2: Laugh three times three? Get it?
Speaker 5: Eric's cracking up it, admits, No, just very funny.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny.
Speaker 5: It's cute. She pats his leg and leaves Eric and Jack sit in silence until Eric coffers, you want to go volunteer to be experimented on?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think that Jack goes sure, can we walk out now?
Speaker 5: Later on, in the student union, Sean grabs a coffee and takes it over to his table with Angela Topanga and Corey. He asks, how are the married dorms pretty sweet setup? I'm guessing. Corey bluntly answers, we have bugs. Sean shugs it off. Everyone has bugs. Corey counters our bugs have cars. Do you guys remember shooting the scene we have the bloopers.
Speaker 2: Could not get through this scene.
Speaker 5: No, no, another one where we just just.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I just I couldn't. I couldn't, I could laugh. So I just started making a run.
Speaker 4: Well what set us off in the first place, I don't remember. One of the starts was you turning around and you hit the chair.
Speaker 2: A chair, it's a chair. There's that.
Speaker 4: But then you guys, and I remember distinctly watching from off camera and you guy, it was just so funny because you just you, especially Danielle.
Speaker 2: Were down just lose it over funny. It was great to watch man.
Speaker 5: That was Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this was been a big tape night.
Speaker 5: This was a big show for us, A big show and probably very stressful. And I think at this point I started just maniacally giggling at pressure. When things were stressful. It was just like here comes the cackles. Just nothing. I don't know what else to do. Sean shakes his head. Your worst problem should be bugs, Corey nods, true, but it's not Tapega begs him to change the subject and not bring up plumbing, crying babies, or the fact that there was a guy shot in their apartment over a salad, the remains of which are still on the wall. Angela asks the guy or the salad, and Tapega admits she doesn't really want to know. She ate it anyway.
Speaker 2: It's a great line.
Speaker 5: Sean does decide to change the subject. Let's talk about the married thing. What's the biggest difference. Corey puts his arm around to Panga. Well, we're together in everything. We're there for each other, and even though everything we're going through right now may not be ideal, we're getting through it. I think we're handling it well, you know. But Angela has focused on Topanga and asks if she's crying. Topanga's voice cracks while asking why she'd say that. Angela states the obvious, because tears are coming out of your eyes and your face is all scrunched up. Topega wonders this is crying, and Angela says it is. Then Topenga admits, then I've been crying for three days. The inmates are bummed as Sean catches on and asks what's wrong. Tapega assures them it's nothing, then gets up and walks out, Angela chases after her, and Sean asks Corey if he wants to talk about it. Cory sarcastically wonders, talk about, what how I've been married for one week and I already can't protect my wife. Talk about how I believed love would get us through anything. Talk about what an unprepared idiot I am. Sean tells him he's not an idiot, it's just new, but Corey reminds him to peg is crying. Sean begs to let him help, and Corey shakes his head. Thanks, but I don't think you can on this one. Although I wanted to be like, you could just stay with Angela for a couple of days, and so why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Why you grab a gallon of paint, help us paint something up. That's part of being a man too, is network people. But no, he somehow has got to do it by himself on principle.
Speaker 2: But it's fine with it being his dad. He still you're right.
Speaker 5: Why why doesn't he actually say I have too much pride to.
Speaker 4: Go to my dad or foe by the way, because yeah, just not Sean, now all of a.
Speaker 5: Sudden can't take any help. Sean insists, of course I can. I'm your friend. Corey breaks it to him. Yeah, but i'm her husband. I have to take care of this. I have to.
Speaker 2: Which when he goes back to his dad, that's his dad.
Speaker 5: Taking care of it again, Like I don't understand this patriarchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can. You can accept help from your father maybe or your teacher, but not from your best friend. You don't know what it's like to be a man, Danielle. You know you're right. You're right. You don't get it. How many Maitlands are there? One? There's just just but three? Dom Triplet.
Speaker 5: Right back in the Matthew's living room, Corey is pacing the room while Alan reminds him, I can't help you with this. Corey assures him he's not asking for help. This isn't about me. This is about Tapanga. The minute I married her, she became more important than me. She became more important than anything. And I know mom is more important to you than anything. Right, Alan agrees, she is, and you are as well, and so is Topanga. Corey's relieved to hear that, because he wasn't getting that feeling before, but now he's happy to hear that his dad is finally coming around. Alan bursts that bubble quickly. I'm not coming around. I can't help the way you want me to, and I'm not going to. Corey raises his voice, Hey, we're drowning here. Alan shakes his head. You're not drowning, Corey shouts. Then what do you call living in an awful dorm with no money? And the washing machine's broken in the laundry room and there's some kind of soup coming out of the faucet. Alan scoffs. Marriage, I call it marriage. Corey stammers, Well, it's hard. It's just hard, dad, Alan clarifies, and you want me to make it not so hard. Corey loses it. You're supposed to do that for me, But Alan yell's back. I can't. Corey screams, well, then what good are you? The audience feels that one and throws back, and.
Speaker 2: Now was I wrong? This was weird to me? Didn't they say?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: Then what good are you?
Speaker 4: But they were on Rusty when Corey says it, like I think, if you watch it again, it's not a close up of Corey saying, well, then what good are you?
Speaker 2: They're on Rusty? Then what good are you? Do you think it was like an headed Yeah, they was waiting something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could be wrong, but I sort of got it was like on Rusty when you hear what good are you?
Speaker 2: And it was like, oh, that was a weird choice to not have it on. I wonder if he said.
Speaker 1: Something more harsh, oh, and the too harsh right, and then just changed it.
Speaker 5: Oh great, Yeah, maybe that would have been a good That would have been a reason they would want to make that coverage change. It could have also been that Ben said it on his turn to walk out of the room, and it was the back of his on his back, and they wanted to see Rusty's reaction.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: You could also tell just knowing the set. All the doors are closed because obviously they hadn't go to the.
Speaker 1: Kitchen when you were like when the back up er one especially was liked because I don't remember that having to close, like any ability to close before.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah it did, okay, Yeah, they didn't build the kitchen.
Speaker 2: They the kitchen.
Speaker 5: We noticed a stressed out Amy is sitting at the top of the stairs listening in. Corey begins to storm out, but Alan stands up and yells after him, Hey, you made a choice. You decided that you were old enough to get married. You decided to take on the responsibility of a new life because you believed you could handle it, and this family supported that decision. After we told you that it was going to be very difficult. Corey is silent. Alan asks what did you think we were kidding? Did you go into this marriage thinking you were just going to play house and we were going to bail you out of trouble?
Speaker 2: Corey, this is your life. Deal with your life.
Speaker 5: Corey stares at the ground for a few seconds and then finally looks up at his dad and admits, all you had to say was no.
Speaker 2: It's a great scene between the two of them.
Speaker 5: I love it. Yeah, but why does he say all you had to say was no? When if you go back to the first scene.
Speaker 2: All he said was no.
Speaker 5: All he says is no.
Speaker 2: Yeah no yeah yeah no literally yeah no no.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Also, I don't entirely understand why Betsy had to be sitting at the top of the stairs.
Speaker 2: Well as a mom.
Speaker 5: Who would probably also understand and agree, like I think Amy does. I think in that last scene where with Corey and them, we do see that she's not just saying it because she's, you know, acquiescing to her husband. She's she agrees, Yeah, you cannot stay here if one person finds it harder when you're I'm going to put it like to like sleep training.
Speaker 2: When you're maybe going to sleep train your.
Speaker 5: Baby, you have to now teach them how to soothe themselves to sleep. Sometimes one parent is stronger at listening to the baby cry than another parent. And you say, listen, I know that we need to do this. I want to do this. I know this is a skill set I want my kid to learn. I don't want them sleeping with us. Whatever I physically cannot do it, I'm going to run in there. And sometimes that's the man, and sometimes it's the mom. In this situation, I don't Actually I didn't feel like it was because she has been removed. She has removed herself from it because it is just too difficult for her, and yet she's there in what I view kind of as a supportive way. It's painful for her, but I view it as she is there kind of supporting Alan. I'm here with you while technically not being right next to you. So I didn't quite take it as a patriarchal or misogynistic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't take a misogynistic I just didn't I didn't get why she was necesss why you needed to cut to her at all.
Speaker 1: I'm really curious how this plays out in the next episode, right, I'm really curious, like because it seems like we're setting up more story.
Speaker 2: It doesn't it like it doesn't really resolve.
Speaker 4: I think I think they they do fix up the apartment if memory serves, because it's like a nice balance show.
Speaker 2: Eventually. That's what I'm hoping, is that. I think so man, because.
Speaker 4: Alan and Sean and everybody shows up to like, fix up the apartment is what I hope happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just don't.
Speaker 5: Know that is what should happen. Also, I would have loved in like, but you know, they didn't want to get to a solution too soon. But like, oh, the washing machine is broken and there's a dryer, Bring your laundry over here. That's something that happened, you know, Bring your laundry over here until the until the place fixes there. And by the way, I'm not going to do your laundry. I'm not saying bring your laundry to your mommy but do your laundry at our in our washing machine. That those are things that you know that would have been but they also wanted to really set it up that this they don't want to make it too easy. He leaves and sad accoustic guitar music plays as Alan buries his face in his hands. Amy is still silently sitting on the stairs, and then back at the married dorm to Panga's in the kitchen making a sandwich. When Corey walks in holding a single sunflower, She lets out a sigh of relief.
Speaker 2: Where was he?
Speaker 5: She's been worried sick. He hands her the sunflower and admits, I think it's just going to be you and me. They take a seat into Penga says she made them a tuna fish sandwich. He picks up his half of the sandwich and she stares at the sunflower. He calmly tells her he loves her, and she responds, I know, I know you do. She reaches out of here.
Speaker 2: Stand why Sean couldn't help friends? I think you're right. Hopefully in the next episode everybody does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but why but Corey actively refuses Sean's help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he comes in here says it looks like it's just us.
Speaker 1: Why why are you defeated? Like if you need help, if you're hungry, Sean offered and you refused, what for pride?
Speaker 5: I don't like, I know, it's really weird, especially because immediately after he says that, no, this time it needs to be just me, the next scene is him back talking to his dad about protect it fine, don't help me, help to panga?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I think it's one of those examples of like, you know, a really strong scene or image motivating the entire episode. Right the idea of like they split one sandwich in a dirty apartment and they're alone, marriage is not what they.
Speaker 2: Imagined it would be.
Speaker 1: Like that's a powerful image to end the episode on. So then like you just write to that as much as you can. But it kind of doesn't make sense, you know. So I feel like this episode is doing some weird you know, mental or scene gymnastics in order to make that work or to arrive at that place. And it's like, ugh, I don't it doesn't make sense, Like it could have easily been that Shawn is strapped for money too, and he can help Corey. Yeah, and he's like, man, I would love to help you out, but I really can.
Speaker 4: And it's like, oh, but instance, here's the thing I didn't understand is so beforehand they didn't have any getting food before they got married.
Speaker 2: Why now that they're married can they not eat? I know, were their parents giving them money for food before and now that you're married.
Speaker 1: I'm just you could have actually explained some of this because yeah, you see a bill. You see the bill of like the wedding and like because they had to bail Eric out of jail or yeah, you could have even been funny stuff. Yeah, but the point could have been like, oh, wow, we thought we would have this planned and we didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Instead it's like, I don't know, it's yeah.
Speaker 5: I could also see how if you are a parent of a college age kid, and let's say the Matthews are helping pay for Corey to go to college when he was single, not married, I could see them being like, part of your school budget is an allowance for food. You have to stay within it. You know, it's thirty dollars a week or whatever it is, but that's what you have to buy groceries or eat out, and like that's what you have but now that you're used to so grown up, you're married, that's going to be on you now. And they they have they're still paying off the wedding, they spent too much on the honeymoon. They whatever, oh my gosh, we didn't allow for this, Like but you're even just a little bit of that explanation, like for Alan to say in the in that first scene, what about the money, Like, what about the money you got for your wedding, Well, we spent it on the honeymoon. Why would you do that? Right?
Speaker 1: And I like strengthen the principal part because then it's like, I'm teaching you this lesson because you screwed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whereas right now he's just teaching.
Speaker 1: Them a lesson for no, just to teach him a lesson, and it's just like you need to learn this, Corey.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like, well, I mean, the strongest argument is you're the one who said you were old enough to get married, so you've got to deal with that. Sure, But it would have been so much stronger if they had, yeah, they had screwed something up, if Corey de Bega had like blown they flew first class and.
Speaker 2: You know, made some bad choices, and then it's like yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also they could you could have made it funnier with Sean who He's like, well, let me help, and they're like, great, can we have some money?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't have any money. I don't have any exactly, well, do you have any food?
Speaker 4: Well no, Angela gives me a do you know any plumbing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Now can you help us?
Speaker 5: I can take a picture of you something you could have made it.
Speaker 2: Want me to write your poem? Yeah, exactly, Like yeah, let me write you home something you could have done some comedy with exactly like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't actually help you.
Speaker 4: I can't Actually you're right. No, you're right, I can't help you. Oh yeah, like so many ways you could have done it. But he's just like, no, I've got to do it myself. Until the next scene when I've got to ask others.
Speaker 2: My daddy salami.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but again he walked in trying to get salami. So who's been buying your salami for up to the marriage is my question?
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: So then as the tag, we're in the married dorm hallway and we get bloopers. It's a handful of blown takes from the scene where coreyin t Benga find Michael's son standing outside their dorm. Corey says hi to the little fella, and the boy laughs and fumbles his line, and then I start laughing and the boy tries again, but he can't stop laughing either.
Speaker 1: You guys, remember evil Baby, an evil baby. So Michael and his this is Michael's son. He could say, Danny do evil baby, and Danny would make this like evil.
Speaker 2: He had like a face that they did. It was his stare. I thought it was gonna be in the bloopers.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, we get to see it because I had distinctly remember us all.
Speaker 2: Dying when Michael would just call it d evil baby. Danny would just make this face. It was so cute. It was like there, you know, he was only three or four whenever he was, obviously he was so cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they didn't include the outtakes. I don't know why. I just remember evil Baby, evil Baby.
Speaker 2: That is so funny. Yeah, it was so cute.
Speaker 5: Well, then we get a few more takes where he almost nails it, and then he looks at the studio audience, but.
Speaker 2: Then finally he gets it.
Speaker 5: And then right after he hits the line, He looks off stage to his dad and giggles, I I got it right right. Everyone breaks into laughter and another Jacobs gets his sagcard. So join us for our next episode, recap Season seven episode ten, Picket Fences. It originally aired November twenty first, nineteen ninety nine. Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com. And we've got March.
Speaker 4: Originating in the late nineteenth early twentieth century in London, Blowing a raspberry comes from Cockney rhyming slang where raspberry is short for raspberry tart, which rhymes with fart.
Speaker 5: March all right, Podmeetsworldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 2: We love you all, is it? Dad Babo pod dismissed.
Speaker 4: Pod Meets World is n iHeart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfordell and Ryder Strong.
Speaker 2: Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman.
Speaker 4: Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, Producer and editor Tara Sudbaksh producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmetsworldshow at gmail dot com