Speaker 1: What happens in the meantime should Americans be prepared potentially for years.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what happens.
Speaker 1: We have now seven trillion dollars of commitments from companies.
Speaker 2: Wanting to go and get time.
Speaker 1: What we are you're asking me a question? Are you telling me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It takes time.
Speaker 2: You know, you've got to build.
Speaker 1: A thing called the factory.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben Ferguson.
Speaker 3: Good Tuesday morning, Ben Ferguson with you. It's so nice to have you on the forty seven Morning Update. And here are the three big stories we're covering for you. First up, there's a big lie that Republicans are going to actually undermine Donald Trump in the Senate and stop him from being able to do what he's doing with tariffs. Well, guess what, It's a big lie made up by the media, and we expose it in just a moment. Up next, a major victory for law and order as a Supreme Court is allowing the Trump administration to enforce deportations of gang members under the Alien Enemies Act. And finally, Donald Trump, we're now being told is in direct conversations with Iran and also talking to militias in Iraq about disarmament. It's the forty seven Morning Update and it starts right now.
Speaker 2: Story number one.
Speaker 3: There has been a story that has been circulating and it's one that we're going to debunk right now. It's that Republicans are going to break with the President and destroy what he's doing on tariffs. Well senter James Langford set the record straight, saying he doesn't think that's gonna happen on Capitol Hill at all. He said, if anything is stopping the president will be lawfair in the court system. You're noticing a trend with lawfair right, take a list in the center. In his own words from Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: So, I think the president's challenge is not going to be Congress. There'll be members of Congress saying, hey, this needs to be able to come back to Congress as it typically does. I think it's gonna be challenging the courts quite frankly, because it's novel, is new, it's a different way to actually take on the tariffs, and so I think the courts are going to jump in and say we want to be able to take a look at this.
Speaker 3: So there is a center saying guess what. What you're being told by the media is yet again another lie to undermine President Trump and his job as the commander in chief. Now, the Center also said, yes, there is an attempt in Congress to quote rein in the president's capability to manage tariffs, but quote, I don't think this bill will have an impact on it at all. Now, the Senate narrowly approved a tariff control bill which could not have won approval if it was not for the support of four Republicans. There's a little chance the bill will get majority support in the House. Trump also still has veto control of the bill should it win full approval. You can't make this up. Lankford said. The big picture is that Trump is on the right course, and he believes his constituents will see the benefits as well, saying, quote, He's not wrong definitely that China is ripping us off, and that we've got bad trade issues all over the world. And I'm looking forward to lots of new negotiated trade agreements all around the world because my farmers and ranchers are folks that do production of lots of different equipment here. They want to be able to sell all over the world. They want to be able to have fair markets.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: President Trump also getting in on the action. At the White House today, he was taking questions with net and Yahoo and he was asked by the media about the tariffs. There was a story that started to circulate that Donald Trump was quote looking at pausing at the tariffs. Well, Donald Trump said, guess what, that's not true, and here's the present in his own words, any questions to the markets today and would you be open to a pause in tariffs to allow for negotiation.
Speaker 1: Well, we're to look at it that we have many, many countries that are coming to negotiate deals with US, and they're going to be fair deals. In certain cases, they're going to be be paying substantial toras, they'll be fair deals. So you know, I spoke this morning with the Prime Minister of Japan and we had a very good conversation. They're coming, and I said, one thing, you're going to have to open up your country because we sold no cars, like zero cars in Japan, and they sold millions of cars into our country. They don't really take our agriculture, a little bit of it just to keep us slightly happy, but they don't take what this is us to be taking. So we have a great relationship with Japan. We're going to keep it that way. But they're coming in to meet, and other countries are coming in with China, as you know, against my statement, they put a thirty four percent tariff on above what their ridiculous tariffs were already, and I said, if that tariff isn't removed by tomorrow at twelve o'clock, we're putting a fifty percent tariff on above the tariffs that we put on. So they've gone for years, They've become a rich country because of people again that we're in the White House that allowed this to happen. Hundreds of billions of dollars a year that'd maken us on trade, and it shouldn't be that way. And I have a great relationship with presidency. I hope it's going to stay that way. I have great respect for China, but they can't do this. We're just we're going to have one shot at this, and no other president's going to do this what I'm doing. And I'll tell you what, it's an honor to do it because we have been just just destroyed what they've done to our system. You know, we have thirty six trillion dollars of debt for a reason, and the reason is that people allowed it to get that way. So we'll be talking to China, We'll be talking to a lot of different countries, and I think, you know, if if we can make a really fair deal and a good deal for the United States, not a good deal for others. This is America first. It's now America first. And we didn't put America first. We put America lass. The people that were in the Oval Office put America last. And we're not going to stand for it.
Speaker 3: So if you want to know who's on your side, it's clearly the President of the United States of America. Yes, the media is having to lie, manipulate and change the headlines and tell you it's all doom and gloom, and then line say the President's going to stop the tariffs, pause the tariffs, back down from the tariffs, show weakness. I think it's pretty clear now from what the President said in the White House none of that is actually going to happen.
Speaker 2: Next story number two, it is a major.
Speaker 3: Victory for law and order when it comes to the President Donald Trump having power to do his job. The Supreme Court of the United States lifted a block from the US District Judge James Mooseburg, which was law fair preventing the Trump administration from deporting suspected illegal alien gang members. They were doing this under the seventeen ninety eight Alien Enemies Act. Now, this ruling from the Supreme Court is a massive win for President Donald Trump and most importantly for the rule of law in this country. It's also a massive win for his administration because now they can actually do their jobs. It was described quote as a narrow and focused on the proper venue for the cases, rather than on the administration's use of a century's old law to justify his decision to deport suspected illegal alien gang members. That according to The New York Times, So even when the President gets a huge victory from the Supreme Court, just know, the hacks of the New York Times are still going to lie to you about the premise of the ruling. Per the New York Times, it was a five to four decision happens all the time, by the way, and the Supreme Court justice found that the migrants had improperly challenged their deportations in Washington, d c. When they should have challenged them in Texas, where they were being held quote unquote from the Times. Now, the real headline should have been this, the Supreme Court sides with the Trump administration and will allow them to continue removing Venezuelan transd Aragua gang members from the country under the Alien's Enemies Act. But no, the media couldn't actually tell you the story the honest way. In a post on x the Attorney General Pam Bondi responded to the Supreme Court decision and described it as a landmark victory for quote the rule of law. Bondi continued, saying this, an activist judge in Washington, DC does not have the jurisdiction to seize control of President Trump's authority to conduct foreign policy and keep the American people safe. The Department of Justice will continue fighting in court to make America safe again. Trump also asked the Supreme Court to allow the federal government to deport suspected illegal alien gang members under the Alien Enemies Act, and in March, Trump invoked the Alien Enemies Act to allow for the expedited removal of illegal Venezuelan migrants who were suspected of being members of that dangerous gang. The transd Aragua gang also that has been designated as a terrorist organization. These are terrorists at the President's trying to get rid of. This was a massive victory for the President and it's one that the media will not tell you the truth on because they know just how damning it is to their law fare. At the end of the day, this means that Donald Trump is going to be able to do what he needs to do to keep all of us safe from these gang members.
Speaker 2: And here is story number three in some.
Speaker 3: Very important international news. The Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanya, who met with Donald Trump at the White House. But one of the biggest things that came out of the conversation was some breaking news that Donald Trump announced about having direct talks with a Ran over their nuclear weapons program. President saying this at the White House, sitting next to Bibe Well, having direct.
Speaker 1: Talks with Rant and they've started. It'll go on Saturday. We have a very big meeting of w see what can happen. And I think everybody agrees that doing a deal would be preferable to doing the obvious, and the obvious is not something that I want to be involved with or frankly that Israel wants to be involved with if they can avoid it. So we're going to see what we can avoid it. But it's getting to be very dangerous territory and hopefully those talks will be successful, and I think it would be Intern's best interests if they are successful. We hope that's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: As President Trump was saying this in the Oval Office, Reuters came out with an exclusive report saying that Iran back militias in Iraq are ready to disarm to avert what they describe as a Trump wrath. That's right coming out of Baghdad. Several powerful Iranian back militia groups in Iraq are prepared to disarm for the first time to avert the threat of an escalating conflict with the US Trump administration. That is what ten senior commanders and Iraqi officials said to Reuters. The move to diffuse tensions follows repeated warnings issued privately by US officials to the Iraqi government since Trump took power in January. According to sources who include six local commanders of four major militias, the officials told Baghdad that unless it acted to disband the militias, operating on its soil, America could target the groups with air strikes. A senior Muslim politician close to Iraq's government's alliance also told Reuters that discussions between the Prime Minister and several militia leaders were quote very advanced, and the groups were inclined to comply with US calls for disarmament. The factions are not acting stubbornly or insisting on continuing in their current form, he said, adding that the groups were fully aware they could be targeted by US air strikes. The six militia commanders interviewed in Baghdad by Reuters at a southern province who requested obviously eminemity to discuss the sense of situation, are from multiple different groups. Many of them also it ties to Iran. Trump is ready to take the war with us to worse levels. We know that, one of the commanders said, and we want to avoid such a bad scenario. The most powerful Sheite militia also saying that it's time for us to find a way to work together. You cannot make this up. Why are they doing this now? Because they've witnessed what the president's doing with other leaders that he decides to take out isis leaders and the President, making it clear that if you don't get a deal now, well you're probably going to end up dead. The commander said, their main ally and patron, Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards military force, has given them its blessing to take whatever decisions they deem necessary to avoid being drawn into a potentially ruin US conflict with the United States and Israel. So the moral of the story is even Iran's military understands that right now is not a time to mess with the Trump administration, and this may be exactly why they're willing to talk directly with the Trump administration to avert military strikes from a present that says he's not bluffing.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben Ferguson. Please make sure you hit subscribe wherever you're listening to this podcast right now and for more in depth news, also subscribe to the Ben Ferguson podcast and we will see you back here tomorrow.