Speaker 1: Mother Knows Dad starring Nicole and Jemmy and Maria qk Hi. Everyone, Welcome to Mother Knows Death.
Speaker 2: On today's episode, we're going to be talking about the huge Lady Gaga concert that happened over the weekend, and the foiled terrorism plot, people paying people to hold their place in line for the Diddy trial, Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper is back in the news, crazy COVID people, a mom doing the unthinkable to her child, and a new study suggesting that marijuana use during pregnancy is very harmful.
Speaker 1: To a fetus. Like, uh, all this and more on today's episode, Let's get started with the Lady Gaga concert. So, Lady Gaga had this enormous free concert in Rio de Janeiro that was like, I saw those pictures on social media. It was outrageous. I can't believe how many people were there. It was a record breaking event with two point five million people. Apparently Madonna had done it before and only had about one point five million people. She like, that's just like so impressive.
Speaker 2: When I saw the video, it just doesn't even look real and it just kept going and going and the people and the people.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is so cool. It's a really huge accomplishment for her. I mean, that is so many people. I think about all these giant festivals that sometimes re took one hundred thousand people, and I can't imagine two over two million people. It is so insane. I can't even believe they have the infrastructure to hold something like that.
Speaker 2: I know, it's just like it's so grand and but really good for her, you know, but of course we can't have nice things.
Speaker 1: So after the show, it came out that several people had been planning in a tack on the concert, specifically targeting the LGBTQ plus community. This is like so fucked up. The more I was researching into this, it's just so horrible what happened. These people were posing as Lady Gaga fans. They're trying to recruit teenagers online to carry out these attacks with explosives and molotov cocktails. They were calling it Operation Fake Monster because her fan base is called little Monsters. And on top of that, so they found these two people that were trying to recruit these teenagers and their goal was to quote gay notoriety on social media. And then a third person was found planning a separate attack where he was planning on doing a Satanic ritual killing a child or a baby door in the concert. What the fuck is wrong with people? I don't know. It's side note. What what are our fans called little monster? Hers are called little monsters? Well, we guys have anu for our fan base. Yeah, you guys have to think of something. So if you guys, when I come up with something, because when it was just you, we were jokingly calling people fan jemmies but which worked. But now that you're there too, and it's like a new platform, which should be something different, and we don't want to call you like death heeads or something, because I feel like grateful dead fans might already be called that, and it's kind of similar to methods. No, no, you guys could come up. You guys do have to be like on meth to listen to this this show and like enjoy it. But okay, every time somebody's like what your podcasts about, I'm like, I don't even want to talk about Yeah, all right, so we're going we get distracted as usual. Okay, so so these people we're gonna use IDs like, so I'm all tough cocktail.
Speaker 2: So you're thinking like an ID is terrible. It's the stuff that they use in war all the time. When you see these soldiers getting their limbs blown off, especially something like that was used for the Boston marathon bombing, and you know how devastating that was. So things like that, these these homemade explosive devices and like what in a pressure cooker or something like that that just carries shrapnel and can and just cause not even kill people, to just cause complete destruction to limbs and life threatening injuries, which is crazy. But but then you got this and they're teenagers, so I don't even know.
Speaker 1: They're like actually children.
Speaker 2: And then on top of that, the other person was going to sacrifice a baby or a child because they said that Lady Gaga was a Satanist and he wanted to respond in the same way by killing a child, Like what like this was actually going to happen if how did? Do you know how they figured it out?
Speaker 1: I believe they got tipped off, And they're pretty discreet about their handling of this situation because they didn't want to cause mass panic, which I will say was the right move because one of her fans that had gone to it said she was happy to find out not happy, but she was she felt better knowing about it after instead of leading up to it because she might not have been comfortable going. And I agree with that. I mean, I wouldn't go, I dare if I knew there was a threat.
Speaker 2: If the police are there are one hundred percent confident that they have the people that are responsible for it was because I know that they were in a group that radicalize young people online of course on promoting hate crimes, uh, self harm, pedophilia. One of the teenagers actually had child porn on their phone. Like this person, this child is a terrible human being. Child porn on your phone, and you're planning on killing a bunch of people, Like you're you're like who raised this person?
Speaker 1: Really? Who raised this kid? Okay, side, it's generally about a bunch of people that are lost. So yeah, when it thinks that they've something, he's a little lost. He's a gross human being.
Speaker 2: So regardless that they get they're on these forums and I say this all the time, like, like a good example is the Grosser Room. Like we're we're an online forum and we have we have lots of people there that are all into the same thing, and we talk about it, and it's like a a nice space for people to go to and like talk to people with like interest. The problem is is that there's similar things that are people are committing crimes and talking about really dark stuff like child porn and killing people and just terrible things. And so I guess that that's probably how they got caught. And if the police thought that they had all of the people that were the threat under control, maybe that's why they didn't tell Lady Gaga and they didn't tell they didn't tell any of her people because did a similar thing happen to with Tyler Swift that she had to cancel her She ended up canceling the show.
Speaker 1: Well, she had to cancel a show because of a bomb threat and a bomb I believe actually went off at an area Ona Grande concert, So there is fear of it and she I mean to me as a perform if I was a performer and I found out about this beforehand, I would have wanted to cancel the event because.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's see this is the messed up though, because she would have canceled the event right, and not for her safety, but like you have people that are coming to see you like, imagine how guilty you would feel and horrible that people were getting hurt when they were there to see you, Like, it's just a safety measure all around. If she canceled that, that would have been really bad for the city she was in, the tourism everybody that was there. I mean, people freaked out about Taylor Swift's concert, and I think that that was like how many people or forty thousand people or something like that for that concert. It was a stadium concert that will flipping out, Like imagine two million people. I mean, if she was having this free concert there, I'm assuming that a lot of people were traveling from out of town to be there to see this concert.
Speaker 1: And so I don't know how things went down there. But because of the amount of people, do you think everybody was going through a security system to get access to that area? I would say no, And like, you can't have that many people. If you see all the people that were so close quarters, you can't say something like that or there would have been a mass cast. But I'm not sure if they handled it right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess they did handle it right because luckily it all worked out, But I just I can't imagine that they didn't have a little bit of anxiety as well, because even though you have okay, you have three people in custody, there's another three people that are just as evil that aren't even on your radar yet, you know what I mean. So that's and it's unfortunate because now we're getting to the spot in life where where events aren't happening anymore because of shit like this, and it's it's sad, like there's local events around here that are getting shut down because people are just like acting out of control, like a bunch of kids showing up and like start in trouble and like they're just like, you know what, we're not going to have these days to celebrate our town anymore.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, okay, that's just like where we're at. Well, you have to find a middle ground mentally where we live in a society where these things happen and it's really shitty and you know, there's always some fear going on when you leave your house. But I mean, and we're gonna talk about that late in a story coming up later too, but you have to live in a in this like state of mind where you understand something like that could happen. But you can't like just be sequestered to your house the rest of your life. So you just need to be very vigilant when you're out and be prepared. And obviously sometimes you can't get out of certain situations. But I think people just need to be aware. We live in a society where everybody's staring at their phone all of the time. Everybody's just so checked out. We need to be aware of our surroundings, and I think that's a big problem we have a lot of these times people are so checked out. I just said that to Gabe this weekend. I was like, all cops. Cops don't even need to pull people over for speeding anymore. They could literally park on the side of the road and just watch every single person looking in their lap at their phone and pull people over all day long for it. It's like the easiest job, seriously, Like it's it's so out of control driving. We'll be driving on the highway going sixty miles an hour and you know, Gabe's like a total talk about road rage. He's gonna be the next one that poops on some but like he goes around someone that's like driving like a total tool, you know, And I look over and I'm like, oh, surprise, they're looking down at their lap on the freaking highway, Like yeah, I mean, people are just totally engrossed in their phone and not paying attention, which is which is good for the terrorists because they just don't have nobody's watching for them, you know what I mean. But I think anybody's big everyone listening to the show could say one of their biggest fears is just like going and doing something recreational that didn't need to be done, like going to a concert and then like one of their kids or them dying there. Like it's it's such a fear that that that's why people decide to not go to things like that, I mean, because if that does happen, Like, how do you even live the rest of your life after something like that? You know, Yeah, but you have to live your life at the same time. I know it happens at the grocery store, it happens at big events like this. You don't know, it's just.
Speaker 2: And guess what, It'll happen anywhere because there's just so much potential.
Speaker 1: You know, things happen all the time, and you're like like like nine to eleven being one of them.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, airplanes going into buildings or like, that was never on anybody's radar, right at least at least mine or anybody I know. And then all of a sudden, you're like, Okay, so that's a thing.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, cars driving in the crowds is a thing. Like there's all these new things that happen, and there'll be new things that happen every year, so you can't ever really be prepared for it.
Speaker 1: No, I think the important thing is, like, obviously there's just some situations you can't get out of, but you need to make sure when you're out in public that you're aware of your situations and not staring at your phone. I mean, I'm guilty of that too. So now that I'm preaching this, I'm gonna try to practice it as best as I can. Game's actually really good at that.
Speaker 2: Like every single time we're in a situation that we're around a lot of people, he'll be like, listen.
Speaker 1: He does it at the Phillies game stuff all the time.
Speaker 2: He's like, if there's an emergency, that's where we're going. He says it every single time, or somewhere like it's crazy. And when we're on the boardwalk, when we're here or there, like he's always just like, this is the plan in case anything happens, and it's it's like sucks that you have to think that way. But and like, I just pray to guy that I'm never in a situation where I have to like see if that plan actually works. But yeah, it's it's messed up. All right, let's talk about.
Speaker 1: Ditty Okay, So right now they're doing jury selection for ditty trials. So it's not going to officially start until they pick the jury members because I can't really say jurers, like, but when they pick the jerry, it'll start. Which I was a little surprised at how quick gets starting, but I had brought this point up to my husband and he was saying that maybe they want to try to not risk other new information coming up, which is why it's so quick. But anyway, it's happening, and there's such high demand to get in the courthouse right now that people are paying people to wait in line for them.
Speaker 2: So what is their only X amount of seats in order to I mean, like this is the thing. A jury is not even picked yet, right, so it's not even starting yet, So what are they waiting in line?
Speaker 1: They're waiting in line until it gets picked. Well, I don't understand there. So every day you could go into the courthouse, but there's no cameras allowed, So I'm assuming most of this is going to be journalists that want to get in and hear the information themselves instead of hearing a reporter, because the only information we're going to get is from reporters that were inside the courthouse. There's no cameras, but regular people are allowed in there too. Yeah, I think anybody's allowed in there. Okay, it's gonna be a mixture of nosy people and reporters. Okay, so this is this is like they're gonna go sit in while they're picking the people for the jury. Yeah, okay, there's some juicy questions coming up in the jury selection questionnaire, which we'll touch on in a second. But the demand is so high already, I can't imagine how crazy it's going to be when they start having people testify and when it's really underway. So there's a line wrapped around the block to just go in and hear this, and people are paying people up to thirty two dollars an hour to sit in their spot, but they said the going rates twenty five dollars an hour. I can't believe this exists. It's insane to me. I think.
Speaker 2: No, Listen, Like I was thinking about like some of our friends that are reporters, and it's like, if you want to get this scoop, like I certainly would. I would consider that really because if there's only X amount of spots, like you want to make sure you get the spot, and you might not be able to stay, like you have to have people on shifts sitting out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I was thinking about that too. Maybe we should ask Lauren about it because somebody like her would want to go in there, yeah, at the scoop herself, but she's a busy person, so it might be worth the money to pay somebody so you could just slip in right at the perfect time and then you could go about your day. Obviously.
Speaker 2: See, I could understand that it makes more sense for person that's doing it for their job, but like just a regular Like I'm sitting there thinking that this is just like regular people that want to watch and I'm like ghetto life, Like, why do you have so much free time to just sit around and wait to go watch this.
Speaker 1: You know. But talk about the questionnaire because some of the names are really rando. Yeah, So all the duror I can't say this word. All the jury members are given a questionnaire and some of the questions are just like have they ever been victims of some type of sexual assault or abuse or something? But one of the really weird things is they were given a list of at least one hundred and ninety people, including the names of celebrities and public figures, and ask to indicate which names they recognize. And some of those names that have come out are Michael B. Jordan, Kanye West, Kid Cuddy, Mike Myers, and Moore. And it's unclear how they're tied to the case, but those names are up.
Speaker 2: Meyers like from Saturday Night Live, I think, so what that's so random?
Speaker 1: Who Who's Michael B. Jordan? So, Michael B. Jordan's that he worked on the movie I worked on too? He is from my experience with him, he was a very nice person. But he is an actor. He was in Decreed movies and a bunch of other stuff. Is he related to the other Michael Jordan. I don't think so. But in SAG you can't have the same name as somebody else. So if Michael Jordan was already registered in the Screen Actors Guild, you have to have some differentiating like initial or something. So I think ms in space jam, so he might be enlisted in that. Oh yeah, because I think even in a bunch of commercials, who's Kid Coody? Well, Kid Cuddy is a musician. Kanye West we know is a musician. We talked about him on yesterday's episode. I don't understand why Mike Myers is wrapped into this, but it's not necessarily saying these people are guilty, Like he might have just been at a party, but I don't know because they haven't revealed how these people are connected to the case. Hit. Yeah, I mean Kanye West is like whatever, like, but you don't want to see your name in a headline associated with this trafficking case.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the same with It's the same with Epstein. It's just like all these people that ever like sat next to them at a party, like, are getting involved and that sucks for them because there might genuinely be like no connection. And I just thought it just was such a random list of names. So all right, well, we're gonna stap the date on this case and see, like what happens, because I'm sure it's gonna be juicy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But at the same time, I kind of think the paying somebody to wait in line for you is genius. So if it's your job, if it's your job, if you're just like a nosy, lazy person, then I don't think it works. All right. So Wanda Barzi, who was convicted in the early two thousands for kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart, has been arrested after she allegedly visited two parks which she's not allowed to go to because she's a registered sex offender. Why is this woman out of jail? Out of jail? Like I don't understand, Like, so, so what did when? Did this happen? Back in two thousand and two? Okay, so the kidnapping happened in two thousand and two. So they held her, her and Wanda's her and her husband held Elizabeth Smart captive for nine months. They can out of her home, Yes he was. He was working on the home right, like a contractor or gardener or something. I don't really remember the details of that part of the case. This is actually something that we should look into, because I totally forgot about this, But as soon as this came up today, I was thinking, like, I can't even believe that the person that was involved with this even ever saw the light of day. Again, well, that was my fresh complaint too. So the kidnapping happened between two thousand, So they kidnapped her in two thousand and two. She was found in two thousand and three alive, thank goodness. And in twenty and ten and Wanda was sitting stiff fifteen years in federal prison but was released eight years later, so she only served half of her sentence. She's a registered sex offender because of this, and she's been wandering around parks like I'm sorry she.
Speaker 2: Would encourage her husband to continuously rape Elizabeth Smart, who they both kidnapped out of her bedroom as a teenager. And this woman is like out and about yes, she she should like have the death penalty along with her husband.
Speaker 1: This is so I don't know, Like I know that there's lots of interviews with this Elizabeth Smart woman and now she's like an advocate for child victims and stuff like that, But what like This had to be so devastating on.
Speaker 2: Not only her life but her parents' life. Could you imagine something like that happening and not knowing what happened to your child for nine months? Nine months? Like, and imagine knowing what happened to your child within that nine months. Like these people are disgusting humans that should not be able to see the light of day.
Speaker 1: No, I one hundred percent agree. Like people want to argue that prison can rehab some people. You can't rehab kidnapping tendencies. I'm sorry. Like, if you're gonna hold a fourteen year old captive for nine months and have your husband's sexual assault her over and over and over again for your sick satisfaction, fuck you. You deserve to die. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really, it's it's really like I don't feel bad for people like this at all, Like I don't care if she wants to be rehabilitated, like and Elizabeth. He has to live her life knowing this woman is out there and now, oh, like shocker, she's been arrested for going into two parks where other children are.
Speaker 1: Why is this person walking the streets? She's clearly a harmed in society. Then her husband Brian David Mitchell is serving a life sentence for the kidnapping, also deserves death. What's to say he's not gonna get out for no reason? Yeah, I mean that's that's the thing with the death penalty.
Speaker 2: I guess that always that there's always a fear because at least that the death penalty is like a very certain thing that happens to I don't know, there's we we actually did a whole entire external exam with Matt Mangino, who wrote a book called The Executioner's Toll, and it's it's very good, and it's a very good conversation I had with him about the death penalty and just all of these like pros and cons of it and things like that. But overall, like when I think about this, I just think, for example, like Lacy Peterson and all that stuff, and and like how her mom's been going through this hell and he initially got the death penalty and now he does it, and now they're talking about like retrying him and getting him out of it completely, and and like if he's innocent, then I guess that's why it's good that the death penalty didn't happen for him.
Speaker 1: But like if they're able to really prove it. But like just the whole situation of it is so.
Speaker 2: So pointing towards the fact that that he did it. So now she might have to live with the fact that, like there's even a possibility that this guy might get out. I mean, her life has has been really buy this and so it's like things like that, and prison isn't absolute, Like there's always a way to get out of it, and there's always somebody willing to stand up for somebody to get out of it. And how did she even get half of her sentence because she was good in jail? Like that's such bullshit. This episode is brought to you by the Grossroom.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: The grossroom style is over, but you could still get in and try it out for a month. And it's only five ninety nine, and just see all the posts that we're doing, and I guarantee you that you're going to want to be in the gross room.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 2: We do high profile death disseection every week, sometimes like this week, we're doing one on Lori Value and it is going to be over the course of three weeks because there's just so much information to go through. The case, but we really break down the scene investigation and the court case. But we all so look at, of course my specialty, all of the autopsies and what they saw on each one of the bodies. And in this case, we talk about at least four dead people if not more associated with the case, which is just crazy and really disturbing. Honestly, the death investigation in America is just kind of blowing my mind right now with this case. We also have a very special video that's going up this week which is a Grossroom exclusive from one of our members and it is really crazy. So I'm glad that I am able to post it and that you guys could check that out. And also this is Wednesday, so we're having new what is It Wednesday, which is a game that we play every week and you get to choose out of four photos I post which ones are, which one is fake, and then the other ones you have to guess like what happened and whoever is close enough with the closest answers wins a prize.
Speaker 1: Head over to the gross Room dot com now to sign up. So a couple in Spain was arrested after it was discovered they kept their three kids captive in their home since twenty twenty one due to COVID concerns. This is this is mind blowing, right, Yes, I get Yeah. So a neighbor called the cops and was just like, I don't think I've seen these kids going to school in years, Like what's going on? Which is interesting because we had just been talking about this recently. I guess with the kids going to school, but like, does this person know for sure they're not homeschooled? And the police were saying at first that there was no immediate red flags, of course until they went inside of the house. Well, I think this is this is an important case to talk about because I especially like I live on a street that our houses are very close together, there's multiple children living on the street, and I kind of like see people coming and going all the time. So whenever you see like you get to know I know, people's habits, and whenever you see your neighbors like something's like not off, it's something should click inside you like, hey, maybe I should call the police.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't even have to be like you haven't seen the kids. It could be like an older person you haven't seen left their house or whatever. For a while, but this like, it's good that this person had some kind of an instinct to be like something's up here. I don't know if they didn't see them getting on the school bus, or maybe they have kids that go to the school that are like, we haven't seen these kids. But like, the thing is is that even if the kids weren't going to school, like, this person wasn't seeing the kids play outside or anything like, something was unusual, which is why they called police. Yeah, and on top of that, they realized they hadn't seen the family as a whole leave since December twenty twenty one. The father would occasionally leave to get the mail or to get groceries, but they called police and when police got there, the parents let them in the house. Of course, the parents put three masks on the children and claim that they were very sick. The police claimed the kids were not sick at all, but they were really dirty and just not bathed properly. They also discovered that the children slept in cribs and defaced monsters and dolls were found in their rooms, and the house was littered with trash and filled with lots of medication and masks. So they said the state of the house was basically this house of horrors, horrible for these children. So the kids were two eight year old twins and a ten year old. So you have to think when COVID started the kid, the one kid was five and the twins were three, so they were well at least the three year olds. Maybe I don't even know if you would put a three year old in a crib, but it's a little bizarre that they were still in cribs now.
Speaker 1: It's just it's sick when you.
Speaker 2: Look at this whole case though, and just think of this, you go back to that time and you're like, people were seriously that affected by this that it screwed them up so bad. And I mean, of course, this is this like a thing that they're legitimately fearful or is this just like, okay, they're an abuse situation, Like is it an actual abuse situation or is it that the parents are like psychologically really believe that their kids were going to get hurt.
Speaker 1: Because I some of that shit.
Speaker 2: That was going on the news, I was like, these people are like for me, I didn't get scared because I know medicine, but I could imagine being a person that doesn't really understand things, and listening to the things they were saying on the news.
Speaker 1: I actually I have a death counter on the television. So you're every day you're being faced with how many people are dying from this, even though you've said plenty of times like people die every day, it happens. But when you see this illness is wiping everybody out, it scares everybody. And then you have the governments telling everybody that they need to be afraid of it. And you know there's this like wit hunting against all these people for not doing everything the government says. When if we ever lived in a society where everybody does exactly what the government says, it's fucking crazy. Yeah, it is crazy. But I don't know. I just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because even there's some people close in my life that I was just.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, guy, you're going a little bit overboard, Jack, but you have to if she's listening right now, no, but you have to understand. But like background, I do understand that, but I'm saying people don't. The people in my life that were that were going a little overboard are like completely fine now, like are people Yeah, yeah, they're they're fine. They're they go out and they're like doing things with their kids. They might be like a little bit more cautious if they're sick or something like that, but they're they're fine. They're like this.
Speaker 2: I'm actually surprised we don't hear about this more often. But I see, I swear I see it around here. Like I'm telling you, I see people wearing a mask and you just.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you doing right now, dude?
Speaker 2: Like it's it's insane to me. Like, and especially in the car. The car situation is the is the the craziest part of it. If you're by yourself in your own vehicle. I mean, that is just not how air was well. But like, I genuinely think that people got so scared that that they like can't get out of it. And I do understand that because, like I said, like people don't understand it. And there's people that.
Speaker 1: Have already were prone to being what you would call like a germaphobe to begin with, and this just like threw them over the edge kind of. So I mean, I don't know if you could find out about this family, like were they completely normal before this happened and they got so freaked out. But now it's like their kids are actually being more hurt than they would be if they were in public. Listen. I think they're using it as an excuse to shield abusing the kids, because if you were just scared they were gonna get sick, why are they living in a filthy like they could get sick from living in a filthy house and being that according to oh yeah, there was CC's all over the house. So yeah, I think the COVID thing is like this blanketed excuse, like we were afraid to send them outside. No, you probably had abusive tendencies before that, and you're using it as an excuse. It's not like they went in this house and these children weren't allowed outside, but they're perfectly clean and the house is clean and everything like that. Like this just seems like a really shitty family that used this as an excuse to abuse their children.
Speaker 2: Well, so I guess when the cops took the kids out of the house, they were like, go in the garden right now and just wait here. And apparently one of the kids saw us now and like went they said, went crazy and freaked out.
Speaker 1: So now these kids that have not been out of their house for more than half of their life right in living in this situation, are now in a juvenile center because their parents are both in prison.
Speaker 2: It's just so it's so terrible. They're going to need like major rehab to just be able to I mean, they haven't even associated with any people now. The interesting thing, though, is is that they did mention in the article that these children weren't malnourished. They were eating, they were being fed.
Speaker 1: It was like they weren't malnourished, but they were filthy for living.
Speaker 2: And I understand that, but it's just it's just it's I think it's like a little bit of a different case, and I'm just curious, like what the investigation is going to show, Like was was the mom like doing school with them at home? And like like I don't know, Like I like it, not you Why would you say not though?
Speaker 1: You don't know? Like because if people have you listen, I loved your children enough to homeschool them, you wouldn't be letting them sleep around demon as dolls and living in rooms of shit all over it.
Speaker 2: I understand that, but I'm just saying, like, if they were truly mental over this, then like they they didn't say any of that in the article. It's not like they were starving them and tying them up and all this stuff. Like it just didn't say any of that. That's like typically what you see in abuse situation.
Speaker 1: I just don't buy it. There's plenty of agoraphobic people that don't live in absolute, hoarded, filthy mess houses. Well, there's plenty of people. No, you do, though, there's plenty of people that do, but it's not every case. So I just called bullshit on this. I think it's ridiculous. All right. So last year, this six year old went missing in South Africa and now her mother and two others have been convicted after they allegedly sold her to a local healer that wanted the child's eyes and skin. What did they so, she said she wanted the child for her eyes and skin. Were they actually going to like cut out her eyes and skin or did they just think that? You know how, in some cultures, like they think that people that are born a little bit different have like these magical powers. Like we talked about a case once in the gross room of a child that was born with a parasitic twin that had extra limbs and they were considered to be like some kind of a god, right because they were born in this special kind of a way. And it could it be like that because this kid, this kid's like really cute. Actually it's I hate seeing pictures of kids that get her. And she's a very She's like a beautiful little girl that's got this like really pretty like light brown skin color with these bright blue eyes. And I could see that she doesn't look like everybody else that lives there, That's what I'm saying, or like a majority of people, So she might be like a coveted like special child to some people or whatever in this culture. I don't know, I really like, is it like some legit like they were gonna like cut her eyes and skin out to do some like thing. I don't know. But like the kids, the kid's missing still, so why are they calling it a kidnapping the kids? Like the kid's probably dead, Like where is she? Well, That's what I'm saying. We don't really know the purpose of this, and we don't really know for a fact if this kid went to this quote unquote healer because a neighbor had testified that the mother said she was potentially can considering selling her to the healer and then suggested it had been done, and then offered money to people that she talked about it with for their silence. But the child has been missing since February of twenty twenty four. They don't know where she is at all. They have questioned this healer but said there's a total lack of evidence that this person's even involved, so we don't know this for effect. But according to the mother, that's what she said to a neighbor. But a teacher had also asked about this child, and the mother said she was quote on a ship inside a container and they were on the way to West Africa. Would that not trigger like an alarm in your brain? I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's funny that we always hear about these stories about neighbors getting interviewed and people saying like the most outrageous shit to people.
Speaker 1: I just can't imagine, like me and my neighbors talk about like plants and like people leaving their abandoned car up front of one of our houses and like stuff like that, like we're not talking about like I just can't imagine somebody being like, oh, hey, I haven't seen your son for a while Oh, yeah, he's like on a ship inside of a container somewhere, you'd be like, okay, well, sometimes, you know, we talked about that couple in Utah, I guess where the guy said like something, made a joke about his wife poisoning them, and then she like actually did and wrote a children's book about dead dad. We did a high profile. That's a section on that too. What I forget what, I don't remember their names, but I think sometimes people just say really crazy shit and you just assume they're joking because it's so outrageous, and then these things come up later and you're like, oh my god, I can't even believe that. Well, part of this one one of the really cool parts of the gross Room.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if you notice this, but when we posted the the Lori Vallu high profile that's a section yesterday, one of the people in the gross Room said that she used to work with Tammy Davel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it happened like it.
Speaker 2: Happens like in the grosser room, Like people are like like, oh, yeah, I went to school with that person or this or that, and you're like, wait a second, what, Like I could talk to somebody that's like close to this case, because that's outrageous to me, Like imagine knowing somebody involved in some.
Speaker 1: Of these high profile cases. It's nuts. Let's move on to this new research that's revealing that using marijuana during pregnancy is linked to many problems. I mean, did we not know this beforehand? No, because it's natural and there's nothing wrong with weed, and it doesn't hurt anybody. Isn't a lot of medication from plants.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say this out loud right now that one of the worst things that has ever been done in the history of the United States in the past twenty years. And you could list lots of things, I would say one of the biggest things that we're going to look back and say was the most terrible mistake was legalizing marijuana.
Speaker 1: I really believe that, like that it's not okay, Karen, because I've been saying this from the beginning that because the way people's minds work is that people say, oh, if the government says it's safe.
Speaker 2: Then it's not bad. And then you've noticed since it's been legal that you smell it everywhere everyone's using it. It's just like it's been this study confirms that it's double pregnant. People are using it double now than they were before. All of it is because of the government saying it's okay, So like bullshit.
Speaker 1: Because it's thehol and cigarettes are legal to purchase too, and people still, yeah, the harmful effects of them, so you woant to call me a morodd people fucking drink alcohol and spokes cigarettes when they're pregnant, fully knowing they cause problems for decades and decades and decades. So obviously, yeah, any type of my point, that's my point.
Speaker 2: If they weren't legal, people wouldn't be buying them at the level they know.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't absolutely not. Hello, during prohibition, everybody was still buying alcohol.
Speaker 2: Not like not on the level that they do now, and it wouldn't be the way it is now.
Speaker 1: I'm guarantee you there's a there is analystic place I am not. I am not. I guess what, like, you're gonna look at this and smoke weed. Don't buy it at a dispensary because it's so expensive and they still getting it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter, the legality of it makes it okay. And that's why you smell it all the time because people are doing it everywhere.
Speaker 1: Now it just is it's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, before you'd be like, oh, well, I can't smoke walking up the street, and I can't smoke in my car because if I get pulled over, I'm gonna like lose my license and ship. Now no, you just do it because you're not gonna get in trouble anymore. And that's that's what the problem is. It's because there's something that when people in America are told that the government says it's okay, and this could go as far as the FDA and drugs and everything else, that it's safe, that there's some kind of thing that's like it's not that bad. And when you tell people that marijuana used has has skyrocketed since it's been.
Speaker 1: Legalized, ever said weed was okay for pregnancy, No, you're talking about people say that it's a plant. People say that it's a yeah, but most pharmaceuticals and opiates are also plants, So like that's idiotic. Nobody's like out there saying we'd say for pregnancy. People falsely assume it is, but they're idiots and uneducated about it. And that's why.
Speaker 2: It's because people think that it's okay because the government legalizes it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you if that's what you want to think of it, but it is.
Speaker 2: And when you watch this in fifty years, you're gonna think I'm a genius, So don't I mean, okay, you don't have to now, but you will when you see it, because it's the same exact thing with the government saying that it's okay to drink alcohol and everything else, and the drinking and driving is out of control. Alcoholisms out of control, cigarettes are out of control. All of it's out of control.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So this neat new research that was done.
Speaker 2: So basically, like any medical professional that knows anything is saying, like, whatever you think about marijuana, like throw it out the window. Whatever studies that have been done over the course of however many years back in the eighties and the nineties, Like, none of that shit matters anymore, because we're dealing with a whole new marijuana with a higher potency and genetically modified. It's just not the same exact drug as it was when other studies were done. So we don't even know the long term effects of it because we haven't been studying enough. And this so now we've talked about on this program already this year with multiple different things coming out that it increases your risk of stroke by forty two percent, it increases your risk of a heart attack by twenty five percent. It's been linked to cardiac arrhythmias, myocarditis. People that use it have long lasting mental disorders including depressions, social anxieties, schizophrenia, self harm, and death, all of these things that were not a thing until now. Right, So now it's all coming out. It's the same exact thing that's going to happen with ozebic when you when you think about like, this is this thing that's awesome, it's this natural thing.
Speaker 1: We're going to use it all the time, and now all of a.
Speaker 2: Sudden, it's like it's like ozempics and miracle drug and then just give it a couple years and that shit's going to be like off the market.
Speaker 1: Probably it's that terrible for you. So okay, let's go back to this.
Speaker 2: So Jama Pediatrics analyzed fifty one different recent studies that have to do with marijuana over twenty one million people over the course of all of those studies, So that's this is a huge study over the course of a lot of people, and it shows that participants of marijuana use during pregnancy was linked to listen to these staggering statistics, fifty two percent higher risk of pre term delivery before thirty seven weeks, seventy five percent higher risk of a low birth weight which is less than five point five pounds at delivery, and one So only six of the studies of those that were studied showed cannabis use and death. And of those studies, they found that there was a twenty nine percent high risk of infant death associated with the use of marijuana during pregnancy. Okay, that that is Like these numbers are huge, huge, huge and big big groups of study twenty one million.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying, but I don't personally find this information shocking, is what I'm getting it. Like, of course, when you do a recreational drug when you're pregnant, it's going to be harmful to your child, like obviously, but it's legal now, so it's it's not as harmful. Your argument about the legals, like cahol is legal and it is harmful to babies, sigarette is cigarettes are legal and they're harmful to babies. Weed is legal babies. So since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Marijuana use has doubled in pregnant women alone, and it is more than double. It's other, it's it's more than doubled in everyone else. It's it's exacerbated since it's become legal. So if you don't see the correlation between the legality of it and the increase in use, then like I don't know what to tell you, okay, because that that's the turning point when you want to say the turning point of something like when did school shootings increase?
Speaker 1: Like, okay, it was the Internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were school shootings before the Internet, But when did they get crazier because of the Internet. Yeah, people spoke the legality, But now, when did it start doubling and increasing significantly?
Speaker 1: Is when it became legal, that's all. And also only have these numbers because it's legal, and more people are admitting to do it because they can't get in trouble for it anymore. So we don't know if these numbers are accurate, because they're accurate. Listen, Listen, I don't give a shit about any of the numbers actually, because like I'm a human that goes outside and sees with my own eyes and smells with my own nose. I see what's happening. But if you can say ten years ago, if I smoked weed when I was a teenager, I would have said, no, I don't, and I did. Guess what, that fucked up the study. So like, ok the numbers are high, but they've been high. So like, no, we need to translating. You're you're so ridiculous. Yes, you you actually think that the numbers of marijuana use aren't higher. Now, like, do you live in society and go outside. I just said they're higher. I just said, but they have always been high. It's not like the people literally they have literally never been anywhere near where they're at right now. Okay, but you're acting like nobody in the world smoked weed until they made it. No I didn't. I just said that it had significantly increased since it got legal. I said that, Okay five times. Let's wrap this up because the bottom line is, obviously it's dangerous to smoke or use any marijuana products like it is with any other recreational drug and most pharmaceuticals when you're pregnant. So you need to do your own research and not expect that the government is telling you something is safe. Like, that's idiotic to just believe that at face value because something is legal but it's safe. It's idiotic.
Speaker 2: But it's the psychology of people. Okay, just trust me, Like I'm telling you right now, if they said tomorrow that heroin was legal, I guarantee you that the numbers would double. I'm telling you right now. I don't think anybody doing heroin is worried about it. If it's legal or not they want. I'm telling you, though, if the government says that it's considered to be a recreational drug that's safe, more people will start using it.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, but at the end of the day, it's still your responsibility to know it's safe to put in you.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's everybody's responsibility. But I'm just putting it out there that that's what I think.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you guys so much. Please leave us review on Apple or Spotify, and if you have a story for us, please submit it to stories at Mothernosdeath dot com. Thank you for listening to Mother Knows Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologists assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor, and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show, weite, and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room, or hospital. Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts. Thanks