Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the twenty twenty four r Trendsys. That's something right, are trendsy? My name is Jack, that is Miles. These are some of the things that are trending on this lovely July seventeenth, twenty twenty four. Happy Wednesday. Happy hump day to you, Miles, Happy hump day to YouTube. To end to you and with your spirit, sir, let's see. Let's check in with RNC real quick, because it's just I mean, there's no nothing surprising in terms of the messaging that there was at first some talk of a unifying unity message after you know, things were taken to a boiling point by the assassination attempt. And did you see did you see Marjorie Taylor Green's speech?
Speaker 2: I saw, I saw a summation of it. I didn't.
Speaker 3: That's a fair watch moving video of her talking anymore. But yeah, she had some interesting things to say.
Speaker 1: Sure, she also just kept doing this thing where she would like smile and go after each sentence. It was really it was weird.
Speaker 2: Just like a goofy, just like nailed nailed reading that sentence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think she was just trying to go with the niceness angle, but it doesn't seem like they're not they're not getting nicer at the at the RN the Republican.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, doing what they do it's the same.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like the reports of like Night two was just like it's just hardcore cult vibe around shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Rudy got nice with it, uh with Uh. He tried to ate ship.
Speaker 3: Tried to break it looked like he was walking and then it looked like he was like, oh, there's something on this chair. Like it looked like he bent down to get something on a chair and then fully just laid.
Speaker 1: Out ah ship and then couldn't get back up.
Speaker 3: That's so sad when you see something like an adult who like can't kind of get.
Speaker 2: Up on their own. You know, like like I'm kind of.
Speaker 3: Like watching my baby when he's like just building his course. He's like, yeah, yeah, this upright. You're like, here's a hand for you.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Watching my kids try to do sit ups is hilarious every day. Makes makes me laugh. Hand to laugh, do use your hands?
Speaker 2: None. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's also the clip, of course, of the guy giving a speech about how we're doomed if Trump doesn't win. I think he's specifically Justice from Justice says that we're what what what's the wording that he uses.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we need to go unhinged if he loses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things, things in America will become unhinged if Donald Trump doesn't win the election and then cut wide too. For some reason. There is a very uh, that's just his dog that he yeah, he brings around with them. It's called baby dog. Is the name of that.
Speaker 3: Very cute sitting Yeah, it's his dog called baby Dog.
Speaker 1: Sitting up in a leather lounge chair next to him, just with a with a big old smile on.
Speaker 3: A such idiocracy shit when like this guy is basically saying like we need to go full blown, like we need to go sicko mode like Travis Scott if fucking Trump doesn't win, and then just a nice reveal of a bulldog panting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now look at this cute dog.
Speaker 2: Now watch this drive exactly. It's totally like, what the fuck are we doing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He also I think he I remember I feel we talked about it one time when he was showing the dog's asshole to people like at the state legislature.
Speaker 1: I would say, Miles, that seems like the sort of thing I would remember, but I have forgotten weirder shit than that.
Speaker 3: Of course, he was giving his State of the State address and he just like held up the dog like asshole out just to be like.
Speaker 2: And this is where we're headed, like very fiery.
Speaker 1: Prop intentionally like look at my yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Then kissed this dog's asshole.
Speaker 1: Or something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, baby dog, good for you. Oh but bulldogs, beautiful dogs. It's just hard that end of life. I was just saying before we got on, I had a friend who had a bulldog, like a pure bred English bulldog, and like, you know, they're bread so they're functionally have no like proper breathing airways, like to get that face, yeah, man naked, Hearing a labored breath from a bulldog is a bit of a gut check. As a human, You're like, oh, should we be making things like this to inherently have such time breathing? Yeah, but it used the dog's asshole and it got better.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then there's also the I think one of the founders of Grinder is somebody who works at Grinders saying that the Republican National convention is like the super Bowl for Grinder, and then that's something you always hear, but that this has just been an opportunity for a lot of people to just be like and here is my grinder app like I'm inside the convention center. Yeah, and the show your shows their phone and it's like melting from just did you see?
Speaker 3: I felt like that one dude was showing all the like his like matches, like one person was there like five dudes named Troy, Yeah, bro, I saw multiple Troys and I was like, is that just everyone's name or is that everyone's like monic gone Grinder, Moniker of Troy's.
Speaker 2: With an E.
Speaker 1: They were heavily influenced by the Hudah thought.
Speaker 3: It's not projection, folks. The Conservative Amendment is doing the other thing though, that is also trending at the R and see the ear.
Speaker 1: The hot new look.
Speaker 3: People are now like rocking little white ear bandages to mimic their lord and be like, yeah, man, we're this is the new thing where put a white piece of paper on.
Speaker 2: Your ear and now you are Trump, which is doing as much.
Speaker 3: I guess medical good for Trump because well, there's like still a lot of speculation, like Was he hit with a bullet?
Speaker 2: Was he hit with a glass fragment? Like? What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: What we I mean, his own son Eric was like, yeah, like he didn't need stitches for that, which I don't know if he knows, kind of gives up the game there, because yeah, and I don't know if you need a bandage that crazy. I've had the top of my ear cut off with like hair clipping scissors before and the haircut gone awry and that was nasty work. And I was able to get by with like a normal band aid on top of it.
Speaker 1: You don't have to put on a weird little envelope.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't.
Speaker 1: It does seem like when I first thought this, I thought this was like somebody making fun of him the white like just putting a white post it note on the side of their ear. Yeah, but it just seems like we are at that level where they're like, I'm you now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no truly.
Speaker 3: I mean once people were wearing diapers, I was like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that makes sense, Like I knew, I knew they were gone, but like to the point where they're like, and I will wear this diaper. They say, you wear diapers. I do wear diaper. Donald, Yeah, real men wear diapers, and real men have.
Speaker 2: Posted on ear for a thing. Yeah, it wasn't a gunshot wound thought.
Speaker 1: So we we it was. It was a scratch, whether it be a scratch created by bullet or not. Because there's also like there was you know, somebody showed a like computer recreation of the path of the bullet and like how close we were to you know that his head turned at the last second and that's where when the three.
Speaker 2: Bullets, Like I made that, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I was trying to find I was like, so is this this feels like they have a bunch of information on that, But then nobody was able to really.
Speaker 3: I've seen a lot of diagrams or they're like head to the side, that's the trajet, the path had this way, that's the path. But like unless this is like coming from like actual like forensic investigation, it's just computer graphics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway, I'm sure to get your new Eric.
Speaker 1: Trump was like, you know, and I'm gonna say this because it makes it seem like my dad is invincible and he only he can get shot in the ear and doesn't even need band aid. Right, but yeah, I mean he was seen golfing the next day with uh no bandage on his ear, but it did. It just seemed like such a weird look to have the It's.
Speaker 3: Just it's all, look, he's a fucking showman, you know what I mean, everything gets from the fist pump.
Speaker 2: He knew unless he's like.
Speaker 3: No, an a beend aid on it, bigger, heard bad, like babe, you're okay, you don't.
Speaker 2: Need to know what the big one you mean?
Speaker 3: Indeed, yeah, and but no, as Tibbalt from Romeo and Juliet puts it, it was but a scratch, scratch, a scratch, although his was not a scratch.
Speaker 2: He got shanked pretty bad.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, all right, let's uh take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and the Emmy noms are out. Shoguan is leading the nomination Shogun with Nogum, which this show is a show with twenty five. Damn, I gotta watch that ship. Apparently the Bear is next with twenty three, and a lot of people are pointing out the Bear. So with twenty three nominations, the Bear surpasses. I think thirty Rock had the had the record for twenty two nominations in a single year for a comedy, and so now The Bear is officially the funniest show of all time.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, hey that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm just bent, just bent in half laughing as I watched The Bear.
Speaker 1: You're back on. You're still in season two, right, you've kind.
Speaker 2: Of skeetered out to the Christmas episode. Yeah, I've been so much.
Speaker 3: I've just absorbed so much secondary anxiety from people's like familial trauma, like with that Christmas episode that I'm like do I And it was like, no, it's good, it's good.
Speaker 1: You got watch, you got watch, you gotta watch. But like, man, it is good. I don't think that's the one that should stop you. I will say, no, no, it's episode I think one of season three was the one that I'm having a hard time. I'm getting myself going again.
Speaker 3: Right, it's a little weird for me. It's more just like it naturally. I think my interest just waned. Yeah, Like I loved the first season and then the second season was fine, but it's like I'm not really a completionist.
Speaker 2: I'll fuck it, I'll leave your ass mid season. I don't give them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I need to know how it is love to quit a show. I love to dump the show. We're done. You're a tough guy, but yeah, SE's three. Episode one. I am a tough guy. Uh, that is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Let me give you a little.
Speaker 1: Episode one is like this like tone poem like where it's there's not much dialogue and it's just like showing him cooking and like different ideas coming together. And it just like reminded me too much of like a like one of those videos that would play on a like Hotel TV where it's like the height of luxury and then it just like shows a chef like doing his thing. To you know, it was just like it just felt weird to me, Like I don't I don't know. I'm not I'm not fully giving up on it, but I'm just like it has definitely slowed my going when it comes to watching the Bear.
Speaker 3: Well, it's doing great. Cleaning up with the Emmy noms also look man with Japanese people fucking were up in the nominee got Maya Erskine and Anna so Y the Best Actress in a Drama Series and is also nominated in the Actor category and interests Elba, Donald Glover ioed every Blazians. I'm proud, no specifically, but you know, the components are there, the components, the component parts there. Donald Drake's mansion just flooded. They're apparently our man on the street in Toronto. Jam uh can report that there is a major storm in Toronto on Tuesday, with huge amounts of rainfall, flooding streets, knocking out power for thousands of people, and the most famous casualty of the storm was Drake's mansion. Drake posted a video of his home filled with brown water, including the caption this better be espresso Martini. When I saw that, I'm like, I don't know if you want to be walking around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's walking around barefoot in this brown water shorts.
Speaker 2: Could it is sewage? It is sewage? Do we know?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, it's not not sewage. When brown, that's just clean water.
Speaker 3: That's river water, pure mountain spring water coming out through your floors.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't sit on I mean at that.
Speaker 1: Point when all the water is just flowing everywhere, like you're a lot of different water sources are being connected, right, and I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you when I saw that footage. I was like, damn, bro, your your house is fucked.
Speaker 1: He's a lot of stressful blowing in. He's carrying a broom around.
Speaker 2: I know. I was like, wow, just like real.
Speaker 1: Famous person energy, Like he's like, did I help?
Speaker 2: Oh? I feel bad? You're doing everything?
Speaker 1: Is it okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go to turks and cakes. That's okay.
Speaker 3: This is like really stressing me out, like just like everything I'd imagine. I don't know how you like what has to get replaced, but man, the embassy, Wow, there it is.
Speaker 1: Toronto recently proposed taxing houses and businesses for paved surfaces that couldn't absorb water. Absorb water as we as we mentioned recently in Los Angeles, like you know a thing that LA is working on to become more drought and rain tolerant, because that's kind of how things were around here, is long periods of drought and then big downpours is making the city more spongy and yeah, so this is just trying to incentivize that. Of course, the right wing, including Donald Trump Junior, who's an expert on local Toronto politics, commentary of calling it a rain tax. Don't go to Toronto because they're going to tax you. When it rains, I'm going to attack you rains there to there you go, get Shirley Manson on the case. Anyways, the alternative plan of not doing anything seems to be going great for the millionaires.
Speaker 3: And there was a video game too, someone created a Not Like Us video game. There's just a lot of like drake El's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's also there's also a clip where they're Not like Us starts playing like at one of the USA basketball games and f is like, g like, can we just like It's fine, But there are other songs in.
Speaker 2: Stuff because you're you're with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why you know Kendrick that he said ker keep their family away.
Speaker 2: Cut dude, it's like I'm golfing with the Obio group.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I didn't know that. But anyways, Lebron said that he loves the song, so he's he's still with Kendrick, which has to hurt a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look, you idolize Lebron.
Speaker 3: Maybe idolize you know the fact he was he was at the pop out and friends.
Speaker 2: You know, we weren't there. But it's okay, okay, it's Okay, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: And finally we do have an update on uh the upcoming Olympics and specifically the open mouth swimming events that are to take place in the Seine Opyle open mouth freestyle. Uh. So, you know a lot of people pointing out that the sin is a traditionally fairly polluted water source, and the mayor was like, oh, you think it's too polluted to swim in, that's all right, I'm gonna swim in it. Go ahead, I'm gonna just oh you really want, you really want, you really expect me to swim in it. Shit, And so she kept putting it off, putting it out, but she finally swam. There is a clip with her mouth open in the sin.
Speaker 3: Taking a big old like the exact thing. I was like, that's dude, that's that's good. If there are people who are testing like there's still unsafe levels of E. Coli in it, I would have been like I would have been like, all right, I got it, okay, scuba mask on I did, motherfuckers, see proved you wrong. But there's a funny like there's another photo where she I think it's like after the swim, where it's clear. She's like, uh shit, Like it's kind of like yeah, her face is like yes, it's like I'm in the sand river. But hey, what it did prove is that she didn't die immediately upon.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like when that person was like, look you can huff this leaded gasoline and it doesn't hurt you and then like immediately died on the stage. Yeah. Wait, that's what someone did. I don't know if they died on the stage, but they did not make it very well. It did not go well for them. They're like, look, you can wash your hands in the leaded gasoline, and like did that and then immediately had all sorts of problems. But yeah, the follow up picture of Paris Mayor and I'll go, her brain is saying fucking smile to her face and her body is going you call it.
Speaker 2: The bird shit smile.
Speaker 3: We used to call it the bird shit smile, Like you're smiling as if a bird just shit in your mouth and you got to make it work.
Speaker 2: Bras specific a specific way to smile. When you're fifteen, you come up with new phrases. It's the bird shit smile. Oh wow, giving you the bird shit.
Speaker 1: This is the Parisian shiit smile, where a Parisian just shit in your mouth, and then you got trapped into, you know, having to pretend you like it.
Speaker 2: You've got mailed mouth, okay.
Speaker 3: Mail, you've got mailed, you've got married.
Speaker 1: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, July seventeenth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all done. Bite, Bite,