Speaker 1: Welcome into Raven's press past. Today, we'll hear from head coach John Harball as he has his first Monday press conference of the season. Here's coach Harball.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate you guys being here game week. Guys are excited, good work day to day. What questions you have.
Speaker 3: We didn't see more cancers out there, and you said, don't push the panic put right still.
Speaker 2: To you, right, we're still not pushing the panic button. We should see him out there Wednesday, So yeah, what elsell sall hunt you out there obviously before listen bus be full go with this winter or is he still ramping up? Yeah? I mean I think we'll see what he does Wednesday, and all that stuff right now becomes, uh really becomes what you see as far as practice and what you see on the on the injury report, we'll probably tell you everything you need to know. That's always the best indicator because you never can't really predict exactly what guys are gonna be able to do. So we'll see what they can do. The th.
Speaker 3: Of this guy is back like one two and then this is the.
Speaker 2: That that is my understanding of the rule. You have to designate they have to be on your fifty three man roster, and the third quarterback can only come in after the first and second quarterback have been ruled out of the game. That's my understanding some months, this particular team at your right mark, I'm at it's both, you know, have a really good feel for this team. I really like this team. Work, ethic, attention to detail, all the things that you look for as a coach. This team is done, you know, every day in practice, meetings, all of it. Uh, then you go play games and you and you get you can find out where you're at, because you really never know where you're at as a team until you play games, and then it's like a new beginning and then you start over a little bit. Hey, this is where we're at, and this is where we need to go from here. How different.
Speaker 4: Playing home and not the way of the last year?
Speaker 1: Different?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's Uh, it's different for sure. Playing at home home opener is always exciting, especially when it's the opener, you know, that's exciting. We love having our fans. We we we can't wait to see our fans in that stadium. I know they're gonna be loud. I know they're gonna be excited. I really believe that the Ravens fans understand how valuable they are, how disruptive they can be, you know, to an opposing offense. So we need that we count on that when we play at home. So, uh, I'm looking forward to seeing it, John, facing persons at people quarterback. Is that the certainly either game one?
Speaker 3: How many defense did right exactly?
Speaker 2: I mean we're turning over every stone, Jeff, And so you look at all those things that you just mentioned, and uh, anything else we can think of. Really, Uh, you do go a little bit by coordinator history and pedigree a little bit, so all those things factor in. But really the focus, especially in the opener, has got to be on you, yourself and your team. You know, It's really not about the opponent per se as much as how we execute, how we run, how we operate, how we play, play the way we we've envisioned ourselves playing. That's what we're really going to be focused on. Would that be true no matter who you were playing or is that particularly in the case that would be true no matter who we're playing. Absolutely any opener and really any game to different degrees, but especially in the opening game.
Speaker 5: Johnna Lamars has some really good season opening performances. Is that I know you probably would like a picion to come out there with not a whole lot of idea maybe relative to other games, what might be on the table, and to execute.
Speaker 4: What is it kind of say about what he's done in his office, it's done over yours.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean that's great, That's what that's we hope for. You want your quarterback to beyond point and ready to go. Lamar is our quarterback, and I expect him to be on point, ready to go. He has been in the past to your point, and he I'm sure he expects that of himself. And I think everybody's got to go out there and just put their best foot forward, play the best they can, not have a lot of anxiety, just put it out there and let it rep hold out.
Speaker 4: Indeed, almost and starters for all the preseasons excited when the wind seem a talented you have.
Speaker 2: The right very excited about that, just like just like you are, just like the fans are, we're all any any of us who care about you know, the Ravens are excited to see all the guys out there on the field together you know, and it's gonna be a meaningful game. So yeah, of course there's an there's an element of we don't know, we haven't seen it yet at all, uh, in a game situation. So I'm as excited about every as every as everybody else is to see it happen.
Speaker 3: Is Marlin still.
Speaker 2: He is on schedule? Yeah, Marlin's right on schedule. He's doing great, Johnny.
Speaker 3: This question as close to that you got down fifty for me Eric to say Friday, how he likes how the team got out of training camps help wise, and are you generally pretty pleased with the depth that you see out there and what do you have and the options you have as the you know, the mere positions.
Speaker 2: I am. I feel like it's a very good roster. We're deep. I mean, I know that people have their opinions, rosters get ranked and all that, don't really pay too much attention to it. Though by the very fact that I bring it up, you know that I've read a few things and uh, you know some of the things you take personally. Of course, I'm sure the guys do, but I believe we have a really I'm excited about the roster and the guys and the team, and I'm just excited to go start playing some games.
Speaker 5: Probably a pretty sure question because you don't know what. We don't know how the special team tools are going to affect just how you guys do things.
Speaker 4: But I mean, couldn't be situation where it's just because of how it plays out for you guys league wide where age you just change your practice schedule around to emphasize special teams anyway, because it's not they don't have as meanable impacts as the previous years because the new rules.
Speaker 2: Right, first of all, it's a great catch. Was that your phone? That was a great catch? Isn't that amazing? Uh? And asking the question right along? Uh, you know what, we we have a way of doing things, a process. It won't change too much. I think within that you know where you spend time, where your reps go. That'll be week to week in terms that we're playing. We're playing a great special teams outfit. This was the number one ranked a Goslin team last year, the number two d v O d v A team and special teams. They've got you know five and you know their fifth and six year veterans all over their their core group right there. They know how to play. We're gonna have our hands full, so yeah, we have to emphasize special teams, especially this week, just to make sure that you know we're doing our part, and so that's what we'll be doing.
Speaker 1: We expect.
Speaker 2: If I could spit it out correctly.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Ravens Press Pass. As always, make sure you're subscribed, leave a rating and review. Check out the Lounge podcast where tomorrow we're gonna have Patrick Queen as our guest to kick off the twenty twenty three regular season. To make sure you subscribe to that as well. Thank you. We'll be back with you on Wednesday where Regulations Mode press conference is Monday with head coach John Harble. Then every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, we'll have episodes of Ravens Press Past, and then of course after the game we'll have the press conferences, locker room interviews, everything. There so a lot coming on this feed. Make sure you subscribe to leave a rating, review, and we'll be back with you on Wednesday