Speaker 1: Aw something you don't see every day, to walk off wins in two days for the Orioles who needed it. They needed a big homestand they have the makings of one here winning three of four to start the homestand against the Tigers and Monday thriller against their Rays nine seven and thirteen innings. What a wild game. And we're going to review that in a lot more today here on Berdland Territory with Steve Maleski, Brad Brock and Tim Barblace. So, guys, two to two game after nine that's hard to you know, sometimes you might forget that the way it ended up, two in the eleventh for each team, one in the twelfth, two runs in the top of the thirteenth for the Rays that made it seven to five, and then the Orioles scored four to win it nine to seven. So much happened. And before we get into Cows, a real quick note on just a resiliency I guess of the offense, because I don't know how you guys felt watching that game. I felt, we get to the second or third time, they're not going to be able to answer this time, but they did each time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like you said, it was a thrilling win. I think when you're watching that game, just kind of how the season has been going. They gave up those couple of runs and you kind of get, you know, a little disheartened there, and it's all how they're gonna how they're gonna scratch together a couple here after not being able to do much the first nine. But like you said, that was just a big, big resiliency win and just big comeback each inning that they gave up runs, and I think, uh, this might have been one of the bigger wins we've seen this season. The opponent, uh, just getting down like they did in extra innings. We haven't seen them come back a ton, but just the offense did a great job and you know the pitchers there that they gave up some runs, but they didn't allow the lead to get bigger, and I think that was kind of the key there. They gave up the two but with this new extra innings format, it's two runs isn't a terrible number to come from behind. And I think, uh that that will get overlooked a little bit because they gave up their runs, but I think not giving up the third or fourth run is really what was able to allow them to win the game yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was such an unbelievable game. Guys like just and Stevie said it. The Race took the lead in the eleventh, twelfth, and thirteenth inning, and the Orioles were able to grind their way back into it every single time. And Colton Kowser, obviously he played the role of hero.
Speaker 4: But you think of all of the guys that.
Speaker 3: Led up until that point, you know, Leoti Taveres coming through with the double blaze, Alexander even Jackson Holliday hitting the sackfly to tie the game at that point.
Speaker 4: There were just so many guys that made big time impacts in that game. And heck, you know, with it going thirteen, you almost forget about Kyle Bradish and the start that he was able to deliver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four hours of baseball, a lot happened, a lot, some good, some not good. But the Oriols outlasted the Rage and they the Oriols do have a winning record at home fifteen and thirteen something to build on, and they need to turn a three and one homestand start into a seven and three or something like that. It could really be a difference maker for this team. So, guys, Sunday morning, Colton Cawser was batting one ninety three with a five point thirty ops. Two walk offs in two days get his OPS over six hundred. The last oriole to do it, and back to back days, not games, remember, because there was a game in between that where he didn't have a walkoff Sunday night was Fred Lane in nineteen seventy five. I believe it. What nineteen eighty five, May tenth and eleventh, So pretty impressive stuff. What could it mean for Calser here in the next few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, we were kind of talking before the before the episode. It's just that powers there. Everybody knows it's there. Just got to see more contact. It seems like whenever he makes contact, solid contact with the ball, it's a four hundred foot homer. It's it's really impressive with his contact, and I see him having better at bats. Early in the season, he really really struggled on off speed pitches. To me, it's now he's able to kind of spoil those pitches to kind of get to more fastballs. At least that's what it's seen here in the last couple of weeks. I think you know them just talking about we talked about the other day, just him working really hard, and I think it's more of an approach base than it is working on a swing. He kind of mentioned it after the game yesterday. It's just get up there, forget about the approach. Just try to put the bat on the ball and get better swings off. And that's kind of what you're seeing here lately. And I'd love to see him get more at that. It's more consistent playing time. I know they try to get him against righties only, but he's just one of those guys I feel it could be a huge difference maker that I'd love to see him just get a four or five game stretch where he played every game, took every bat. You just never know what you can get from him. He has shown it before and I'd love to see it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We touched on this a lot Sunday guys, where he's such a big X factor for this offense, and he's been a feaster famine player throughout his career, but right now he's doing a lot of feasting and in the month of May he's got a very respectable seven eighty nine ops but especially in these past eight games where three point thirty three batting average ops over twelve hundred. He's got the three home runs, obviously two of those being walkofs. You know what, he can deliver defensively, but if he can just be more consistent as a hitter, that's just gonna do wonders for this team. It really will.
Speaker 1: Interesting scenarios coming up Tuesday night or right handers, so cows are almost assuredly we'll be in there Wednesday and Thursday, look like lefties the Oels will face. I'm reaching the point where I'm putting Cows are in over O'Neill. It's gotten that bad for Tyler O'Neill. He was signed to hit lefties. He's not even coming close to hitting them. I think that's a decision they got to consider here coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. And you know what I think with Colton, he has such a contagious personality that when he gets going, I feel like he could jumpstart other guys on this team in this offense. I could just tell by the reactions how much this team really cares about Colon and how like his success. And it's just one of those things I'd love to see him and get out there. Like I'm with you, Steve, I think he should play these next three four games, just see you just never know. It's the production isn't coming from the other guys. You just have reached the point of the season. Why not give it a shot and see what he can do? Like you said, t him with his defense, he gives you more out there than other guys give. And I just love to see if he could get high.
Speaker 4: You just never know.
Speaker 2: He could go in a two week tear and have five or six homers and really just kind of jump start everybody. And like I said, with his personality, just being around the team a couple of years ago in the clubhouse, he was so friendly to everybody. Was guys kind of joke with him. He's kind of the one that guys go to and joke with and get along with. So well, you just never know what he could do for the team as a whole.
Speaker 3: He's definitely got that outgoing personality and it's very infectious and you can tell that the team really really loves it. But he seems like he's in this hot streak like that. That's where it's just keep letting it ride, and Steve, you're right. The Tyler O'Neil signing, it just has not played out how they would have been visioned. At this point, he is really, really struggle struggling against left handed pitching, to the point where you look at Colton Cowser's numbers being a left handed bat, He's got better numbers than Tyler o'meal hitting left handed pitching. So I don't even think it's that huge of a decision at this point. You got a ride with the hot hand.
Speaker 1: Colton Cowser man two special swings. He hit one four forty, he hit one four twenty five, and they both produce walk off wins for the Orioles, two in two days. You've never had a walk off hitting his pro career, or at least his major league career, and now he's got two in a row. We'll talk about some more O's topics coming up here in a moment on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 5: Godfather, I'm a last minute guy. Sometimes you're a last minute guy where you all of a sudden see a night open up and you want to go grab some tickets, and you hadn't gotten them already, so you're going to seek geek, and you're gonna go look for a green dot and see where the good seats are and the good value is and have a little night with the fam.
Speaker 6: Right boy, without a doubt. And I'm looking for some of the best seats. I'm looking for that green dot. When I get that. The simple plug it in, use your hands, go right on your screen, your phone, whatever platform you can get it on. And it's so simple. They make it so easy for you to do. Even my son can do it if I ask them. Hey, Blakester, let's go, man, get on there for us, find us a couple of seats so we can watch even that Subway series. That would be fantastic. Seat Geek has it all there for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the code for you. You should know it. It's Territory ten. It just gets you ten percent off your next set of tickets. That's EKE ten percent off any tickets with promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description, download the app. Then the code is automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 1: Brad, you made an interesting point about Cowser so well liked in there is clear the reaction of his teammates. Sometimes that does tell us a little something. Not that they wouldn't have a great reaction for any walk off wind. Yeah, but these guys looked like it was, you know, Game seven of the Alcs or something. So it's okay, it's okay are your fans when you have a win like that, It's okay to have fun for a few minutes. But a bigger picture of Cawser is kind of the loose guy in there a lot, and when he struggled the last year or two, there's we've seen less of that now the media we're not there for We're only there fifty minutes, you know, before the game. There's hours. It's stuff going on in there we don't see, And I think he's probably still that same loose guy. It gets harder to do that, I think when you're struggling. When he was drafted, the area was drafted, they brought the draft picks to del Marva from Florida and a bunch of us drove all the way to Salisbury to interview him. Never met Colton Kwser within the first thirty seconds of He's like six or eight is cam mass and cameras are all there. Maybe this kid will be nervous. He looks into the camera and he goes, Hey, how's my hair look? Do I look good today? And I was like, this kid is loose man, he's just having fun. And that was Colton Cawser. That is really who he is. And so that can I hope for the Orioles means something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, I think you're having guys like that in the clubhouse. It's like you said, when you're struggling, it's tough to be that guy all the time. But I guarantee when the media is not in there, and these guys have come up together, they've spent so much time together, They've had success, they've had failure together, And I just think he's just one of those guys that everybody pulls for that you just can't help but like want to be around him, want to see him do well, because when he's doing well, everybody's more loose, and it's it's a personality a Saulid Just like I said those couple of times doing the series in twenty four to twenty five, twenty three, it was just he was one of those guys that everybody gravitates to that they want to joke with they want to have a good time with and that kind of personality is huge in a clubhouse. And it would be great to see him get back to having success and just get back to being that loose guy that everybody saw a few years ago, because, like I said, it is tougher to be that guy because you have more eyes on you when you're not having as much success. So to get him back to being just that loose go out there, just have fun, hit the ball and hit it hard whenever you get a chance.
Speaker 3: Bred how important is that clubhouse dynamic? Because obviously you don't want twenty a six Colden Cows. There's all these guys crazy outgoing, but I just think of you know, the Orioles twenty twelve through sixteen, Like you have a serious guy like a nick Mark Cakis or a more low key guy like JJ Hardy, but then Adam Jones is pieing people and Chris Davis is a really funny guy.
Speaker 4: Like, how important is that clubhouse dynamic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's huge, And I think it's one of those things that has kind of been lost the last few years is they try to look at everything as a number and as a how do we slot this guy and how we sought that guy in and the club the clubhouse, just personalities and the atmosphere is such a big X factor that when you look at these teams winning, you can tell the teammates that love being around each other and love going to the field every day and having guys like Cold in there and like Adam Jones and Chris Davis, these guys that could just make it easier over one sixty two game season, regardless of how good or bad you're doing, it just makes it easier to go to the ballpark. You have more fun and you just you. It helps you to remind you that we're here playing a kids game and at the end of the day, just go out there, have fun, do what you do best, and at the end of the day, nobody will ever say anything bad about you because you're just out there doing the best you can and you enjoyed doing it.
Speaker 1: Let's start starting pitching, and this stat snuck up on me a little bit. But the last six games, the rotation ERI is two seven to three. Now that includes an opener, but I have three quality starts in six games, which is really five. You can't count it opener. You're not gonna get the quality start. So that's a start of something here. You need much more than that. But boz is starting to go bradish to twenty two era, last four, really good, yesterday, young all year. Now, who's going to be the fourth or fifth to really get this thing? Humming?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's kind of the key. I've kind of mentioned before that when the starting rotation, you want to see one time through the rotation everybody put up, even if it's not a quality start, just a good start to get the team off to a good start. And they've kind of done that here the last six starts, I think six six seven starts, it's been good getting zero's up on the board, giving the offensive chance to get into the game. And that's kind of what we haven't seen over a stretch of six games so far to this point in the season. And Kyle Bradis is kind of turning into that ace that we thought and he's been really really impressive his last four. He's kind of giving you that stopper if they lose two or three in a row with him starting, you feel like he can jump start the starting rotation and get this team back on track. It's been really impressive to watch, and I think they're they're kind of getting into a little bit of a group here, and I'd love to see you continue another time through the rotation and then from there you just never know. They can go on a three week stretch of really really good starts.
Speaker 3: Yeh, Steve, you got the stat up right there. Kyle Bradish, over his last four starts, he's been unbelievable. And even when you look at it from a season perspective, prior to this four game stretch getting ERA over five, now his ERA is in the threes, which is really really great to see. And like you were saying, Brad Bradish when he's going well like he is now, he is one of those guys you expect the Orioles to win every time he goes out. And yesterday was a pitchers duel early on in that game, and look, when Bradish gave up the home run, you're thinking, oh my gosh, one to nothing against McClanahan, and the offense is really scuffling, like they might be done at this point, but the Orioles were able to continue to battle. Bradish was able to give them length, giving them his third quality start in his last four outings. Like you said, Shane Bose, he is definitely trending in a positive direction. Brandon Young has been rock steady. Now it's just about getting Trevor Rodgers, right, I mean, that's got to be the big thing. And look, we haven't had an update on Dean Kramer in a while, but maybe we see him come back in the month of June. I know, the last time Michael IIAs talked about that that was the end of April set several weeks at that point.
Speaker 4: But Kramer this point, and you know.
Speaker 3: It's high highs and low lows, but you know, as Era is always going to be around four at the end of the season, and I think that that would be a welcome addition at this point to the staff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we hadn't mentioned Chris Bassett, who obviously can be pitching a little better and was expected to. So the rotation looked like it was potential plus here an opening day and so we haven't seen that, but maybe in the last week we had and so Trevor Rodgers getting it goen would be big. There were some things to like from that last start and not like so we were saying on the show the other day. Hard to read into what exactly is going to happen here, but maybe he turned the corner. And so I do give the Orioles points for resiliency, and no one is selling three and one as they turned the season around. Not close to that. But if you're going to turn the season around, it has to start with something like three and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, Steve two. Watching the game initially, Jim Palmer made a great point that I had to know this. He talked about Ali Rutchman holding his target a little bit longer, and after hearing him bringing up that point, I'm thinking of the starters. Kind of the struggle was pitched strike one and Kyle Braddish especially was really struggling with strike one. Ali Rushman is really holding his target longer, which was kind of what guys did when I was playing, and I love that. When they started going to the sweep up motion, it got really hard for me to kind of know where my target is and what I'm trying to aim at. But these guys, he's been really holding target just it's it's a very it's a short period longer, but it's noticeably longer. And I've been noticing Kyle braddis being able to get in the zone, especially with his fastball super early in the counts, and I really think that's been his turnarounds, just being more aggressive of strike one, using his fastball to get ahead, and then getting to his off speed pitches and yes should I also noticed he kind of flipped his slider and curveball usage from his last two stars, and I think that's always so interesting as a player watching how a guy is going to go and faces a team two starts in a row, and what he does with the stuff that's seen you within a week. There's no surprises, there's not going to be anything that's thrown your way that you haven't seen. But he flipped his curveball in slider usage, and I thought that was really really amazing yesterday to watch he kind of didn't abandon the slider, but he didn't throw his first slider, I think until the third or fourth inning, and then he used it from there. But he threw almost double the amount of curveballs he threw from the last start to yesterday's start, and it really had them off balance. They were kind of looking for the sweeper coming at him as a left ear away and he was just throwing a lot more twelve to six and it really kept them off balanced that entire start.
Speaker 3: In those type of situations, Brad, do you see that as more advantage batter advantage pitcher?
Speaker 4: Seeing someone that quick within a week.
Speaker 2: I gotta think it's advantage batter. I think just like I said, you see the shape. There's no the last start, you kind of get in your second and third at bat, you've seen it all, and now it's like within a week you maybe face three pitches I think five pitchers in between his start, so you haven't seen a ton, but you've seen everything. He threw a hunt over a hundred pitches the last start, and he threw ninety something there, and it just goes to show how good Kyle Bradish can be with his stuff. It doesn't matter if you face him back to back starts, it doesn't matter if you've seen him three or four times that outing. He just has. He has elite stuff, and his fastballs to me, have just been the difference maker. His two seamen is cutter cutter, four seamer as he calls it. The h is really the difference maker to me because then he gets his breaking ball and there's just you're not going to do much damage.
Speaker 1: With that, you know. I love a good pitcher's duel McClanahan and Bradish. That is fun to watch, and of course the craziness at the end was a different kind of fun to watch. We almost got two games in one day as the Orioles got an important victory on Monday afternoon at Camden Yards. There is presented by Fan Dole and okay, here's a little bit of an outside the box nomination to hit one Taylor Ward. He's only hit two all year, we know, But the pitcher he's facing Tuesday night. Oh, by the way, Griffin Jacks. He homered against at the Trap and if you remember, it was a leadoff homer. It seemed to be a pitch he was hunting because he was way out in front of ninety six. It seemed that in his mind it was like, if I get one here, I'm getting that bad head out and I'm gonna drive one for a change. And he did. And if he can do it, then maybe he can do it more. We know his track record says he can do it more. But it's just strange to see a guy with thirty six homers have just two. He's got one hundred games to go, so I don't think he's getting thirty six this year. But I don't think he's only going to hit six or eight either.
Speaker 2: How about you guys, Yeah, I think at this point with that many games left, I mean there, I can't imagine twenty twenty five. You know, It's it's just hitters. They get so hot and they get they go through stretches, and I really think the wristhand when he got hit, I think that ended up being really what has sat this power to there's at this power to this point, and I think he's being more aggressive, which tells me that he's starting to get more of an idea of what he's he's trying to drive. When you're seeing more pitches, to me, it kind of you're trying to get more into the count, trying to get pitches to maybe hit the other way, just trying to get something that you can get the offense kind of rolling. But when you're going and hunting swing earlier in the count, that tells me you have a better idea of what you're trying to do to hit for more power. I think that was when I was pitching, when I see guys swinging early in the count, they're they're trying to go deep in. When you're you get later in the count, they're more willing to kind of take to hit the other way or kind of hits what is pitched to them. But when you're out there hunting earlier, that just goes to tell me he's feeling better and he's really trying to get out in front of pitches and kind of put a good swing and a home run swing on pitches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We've talked a lot about Taylor Ward's season and just how it's so bizarre.
Speaker 4: Right even with him.
Speaker 3: Slumping a little bit of late, he still hasn't on base of over four hundred, which is fantastic. But this is someone even if you throw out last year the career best season with the thirty six homers, three of his prior four seasons he had twenty three homers or more. So, he has that in him and you're just waiting to see it. But you're right, Brad, I feel like he has been much more aggressive of laid and with him changing that bandage er if you will, casing around his hand, maybe that's kind of given him a little bit more confidence as well. But those type of hand injuries, man, they're just so serious and gosh, Jackson Holiday kind of a perfect example. Obviously it's not a handmade injury with Taylor Ward, but anytime a hitter takes a pitch off his hand, man, I just can't even imagine, you know, going back the next day continuing, you're taking four appats a day swinging at a pitch that's ninety six ninety seven, Like, oh my gosh, I can't even imagine that pain.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So he hits one against Griffin Jacks last time. We'll see what he does here the rest of this series. Here's an interesting note on Ward. He does not show good batspeed, and he never has. Some peoples have said to me, Steve, look at his bat speed this year. It's in the lower four percent of major leagues. Last year was in the lower fifteen percent. You get thirty six homers with eighty five percent of major league hitters possessing more bat speed last year. So that is not his game. The record shows as that. So he can hit homers without prolific batspeed. He's done it before. So we'll see if Taylor Ward can get one for the Orioles sitting on two here our daily Dinger segment. Head over to fandoel dot com slash podcast to opt in for Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on fandul and official partner of Major League based.
Speaker 7: No purchase necessary, opt in required bonus issue does non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager romount. See terms at sportsbook dot fandoel dot com. Gambling problem caller text one eight hundred Gambler.
Speaker 1: Tim, we were talking before the show. You noted the renovation for cedric moments. This is my mind a great Oriole thirty thirty, the only oriol to ever do that, by the way, with all the great stave ad and a guy was demoted at one time to double A and I went and interviewed him that year in Bowie and he looked me in the eye and said, I'm going to be back. I promise you I'm straightening some things out. And he came back to be thirty thirty. I mean, this is a special guy.
Speaker 3: Just an unbelievable story. When you think about that, Steve. This is someone that came up at the end of the twenty eighteen season. It was so cool seeing that tribute video that the Orioles did for him, and remember Adam Jones letting him lead the team out of the dugout and obviously him taking over center field from Adam and Adam of course ack of an Oriole himself, but said, you's think of the just the defensive plays.
Speaker 4: That he made.
Speaker 8: I know the game in Seattle, Brad, you're on the call of that one where he's robing the holme and then he's hitting the go ahead home run, you know, at the bottom half through the top half of the next inning.
Speaker 4: This was someone that.
Speaker 3: Was there throughout the entire rebuild, right like right at the end of the teardown of eighteen and then having the thirty thirty season in twenty one, and then part of the rebirth where the team winning one hundred and one games in twenty twenty three. Cedric Mullins was a humongous part of all of that and absolutely deserve that standing ill yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great to see anytime a guy comes back that spent that much time and I mean his story with you know, talking about him getting sent down was almost the trajectory that that whole thing went on. It's you had you know eighteen happened and the struggles that just kind of happened of the whole organization for that five six year period. But then he's back there being one of the key parts of the team that wins the division one hundred games. It's just it's a great story. And that that call in Seattle, that was one of the coolest things I've seen. I know, I had known said just he was a guy that came up all the time and got defensive innings when Buck was the manager and I was on the team, and we had always heard about him. This kid could play great defense. They were just wondering when the offense was going to come around. But just being there on that call and having him come lit in that game late, makes an unbelievable catch to save the game, then goes out hits a home run. He had a home run foul in that at bat, and then hit a home run fair in the same pat I was like, I was at shock and I felt bad. I kind of jumped over Kevin when I was like yelling in the mic. It was just it was just cool. It was it was such a as a baseball fan my whole life watching something like that happen and getting to be on that call in a big series out there in Seattle against a team that was really good. We saw unbelievable starting pitching from Seattle, and for said to go out there and just do that, it was just kind of like it was just a cool full circle thing watching him in the minor leagues and then getting to be on the call when he's one of the bigger names on the team, and just it was a great story. And it was great to see him get his due yesterday at Camdon Yards and get a great standing ovation because, like you said, he was really really good Oriol And to hear the fact that he was the only thirty to thirty player in Oriel's history, it's just kind of mind blown, like you said, with I mean multiple Hall of Famers and just unbelievable players that have come through Baltimore that he's the only one with that stat. It's just it was great to see him out the Yeshay and get that ovation like he did, because he really did deserve something like that.
Speaker 1: Man, I think of a character integrity class. That's what I think I want to think of Cedric. He as a fan of a team. You hope your team is good, and he won a lot of games, obviously. I think secondarily, you hope you have a bunch of good guys who represent your team in town. Well, Cedric Mullins did it beautifully for many years, so said, welcome back to Baltimore with the Raids. We got a few more things to do here on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 9: Big Bad Morning Show, Finny and Haney, Inside Access Live on YouTube week days six till six, Search Baltimore one O five seven the Fan, Subscribe for daily shorts right to your phone and never missed what you missed one O five seven the Fan.
Speaker 1: Brad shang Bos goes Tuesday night for the Orioles. It looks like knocking on wood here for him. He's turned the corner a bit. Are you seeing signs of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, I think he's looking more like the pitcher they hope they signed, and that they signed to an extension here these last few starts, just giving them length and giving them just unbelievable outings. He's been He's been really good and it's been fun. To watch. It's been kind of impressive to watch him kind of just flip the script on his season these last few starts. Hopefully, obviously you hope he can continue this stretch he's on, but it's a picture that they hoped and I hope to see him go out there again tonight. It's not easy task. Like we talked about, Braddis did a great job facing the same team twice. He has the added pressure of facing former teammates and his former team now two starts in a row. So it's definitely a tough challenge tonight against a team that didn't score a lot of runs against the starter last night, a team that puts up runs and puts up good at bats. So it's gonna be a really fun challenge. And I always love seeing guys get a challenge like this really step up to the occasion. It would be great to see that as go out there tonight and just do what he did last week. And at the TRUP he.
Speaker 3: Was fantastic, and that started against the Trump. I believe he only gave up two hits there. But that's kind of an added layer with it, Brad. When you think of former teammates and like they kind of know the ins and outs with you as a pitcher as well. Like it's kind of an interesting dynamic there too, going up against your former team as a pitcher even more so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. I think Ben McDonald talked about that last week on the broadcast. He just said, it's not easy your first time, so it'll be interesting if like the emotions are kind of gone and like he got that first one out of the way, if he goes out and who knows, he could be even more dominant this time. It's just it's definitely tough facing your former team and those guys know everything about you. The pitching coaches are still there. All the analytics and the data is all there. They've seen this guy multiple times. He was a minor league guy with the Race too, I believe, so it's they He was there his entire career. So it's going to be a challenge tonight for sure. And the Race team has been hot. They beat him yesterday and hopefully can go out and they can take the series and look for sweep tomorrow. And it's just one of those huge opportunities I feel like, to finally carry the momentum of a big win into today and kind of just grasp the season and kind of turn it around here. You know, you just never know what can happen if they can win tonight.
Speaker 1: Yes, is this finally the time for Birdland to make the run you've been waiting on for weeks? You know, you think about the Oriols and the Rays. It should be too too. The O's let a game get away. They got blown out in that first game at the trop but then they were down a run at the very end of the game, lost by three Tuesday night. Wednesday, should have won up by two in the athletic get away and did win on Monday. So they've really been good games here since the first few innings of the first game. Os and Rays and Tim. That would be an uplifting series win.
Speaker 4: That's all you're looking for.
Speaker 3: It's what we were saying Sunday, Like, it was far from a pretty series against the Tigers, but you took two of three. Now you got to find a way to split today tomorrow that way win another series and then the Blue Jays come to town for four, find a way to at least split that series. Like they just got to start stacking series wins that they've only won back to back series just once all year.
Speaker 4: They have a chance to make it too tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real, go ahead, Brad.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, at this point, it's like, throw pretty wins out the win as a win at this point, and like, I mean that win, the runs they scored early in that game. That kind of looked like those defense a little bit there early in this season, throwing balls in the dugout, making errors, given extra bases, and the orders took advantage of it. So it's kind of, who knows, maybe that kind of is shifting their luck a little bit. And at this point, it's pretty wins don't matter. It's all about getting w's and just like you said, stacking series wins series wins.
Speaker 1: It's a good point. Rays haven't had a four ERA games since twenty twenty one. That was also against the Orioles. Oh by the way, and again knock on wood here, there haven't been a lot of defensive meltdowns or missed There have been a few. The p Alonzo played the other day comes to mind, but the Orioles are starting to slowly clean it up on the D. So let's see how the series plays out. Hope you enjoy it oriole fans at the yard, Ozen raised, and then Toronto in for the rest of the homestead. We will be back soon with another edition of Birdland Territory.