Speaker 1: And everybody. Welcome back to another episode of the Betting Pros NFL podcast. I'm your host, Dan Harris. With me, of course, is Matt Parul. Find us on Twitter at Dan Harris Ady and at Sports Talk Matt Matt. Week sixteen. We dodged a bullet last week.
Speaker 2: It was our week for everyone, Week fifteen.
Speaker 1: Week fifteen, we dodged a bullet last week. Oh this is week What?
Speaker 2: This is Week sixteen?
Speaker 1: Yes, welcome to the Week sixteen. We dodged the bullet last week. What did I say?
Speaker 2: You just kind of ran things together, like my.
Speaker 1: Eight podcast of the day already. Man, I don't want to hear this go ahead?
Speaker 2: Why do I need the gospel bullet? We dodged a bullet. Come up, it's week sixteen. But yes, yes, we did dodge. I mean it was one of those things where I got up in the morning and you were like, how do you feel about the picks? And I said, I hate them, yes, And it was just a gut feeling that it was going to be a really bad weekend for a lot of people. And it was a bloodbath in a lot of ways. I mean, it was just horrific for so many teams and so many people. I mean for me in the Westgate and for me in the circa contests that I'm in in the other I got eviscerated all four and one in the West Gate.
Speaker 1: Oh it is bad.
Speaker 2: I got annihilated in the West Gate. It was just one of those weeks where everything kind of screwy happened, and it just my goodness, gracious, I am glad we did not take this week and we used our last lifeline.
Speaker 1: Well, so it's interesting we would have gone two and three. I looked back on what we had, so, I mean, it would have knocked us out of any sort of conspidration, but that would probably that would have been the best that you would have done in any of your contests, because we would have lost on the Pats getting two and a half from the Dolphins, the Vikings laying three and a half to the Bears, and the Rams slightly didn't cover the laying sixteen and a half to the Jets.
Speaker 2: How did I feel about that? By the way, you, being a Jet fan.
Speaker 1: I think that it surprises me that every year they find a new way to make you hate being a jetsman, And this was one of the worst I mean, I'm literally like none of that. Again, you know, obviously I'm a fantasy guy, but in a very important fantasy matchup, I had the Rams defense, which is something where you're like, this is guaranteed we're gonna go It was terrible. All It's terrible. That is what they do. And again, at the beginning of the season, when I realized that they were an historically terrible team, I was like, they'll still find a way to go four and twelve and get like the sixth pick and nobody will care because that's what they do. But then I really bought in. I really bought into the A and sixteen. How are they gonna win a game, especially against the Rams. So yeah, I feel terrible about it, But we'll talk about it, Matt, and you mentioned it on the Daily Juice. But what we're gonna see this weekend from the Jaguars, we'll.
Speaker 2: Talk about that. It's the Doug Moron for revenge game.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. But let's hope, let's hope that we get there. We would have hit on the Browns laying four and a half to the Giants and the Cowboys. Kudos to you, by the way, because I did not love that game whatsoever. The Cowboys laying three and a half to the forty nine ers, so we would have gone two and three. But to the extent we're still in contention, which we are all get in a second, we would have lost that one. So we not a good week for anybody though. And the thing about the contest, Matt, So we are thirty six and twenty nine. That's fifty five point four percent. That's that's good. And I think we're in like one hundred and fiftieth place out of seven hundred whatever people, So that's pretty good. Now, if we went five and oh this week, it would be fifty eight point six percent. That is right on the border right now of cashing. I'm not one hundred percent positive it would make. It would really depend on how the people in front of us did. But that might actually cash, which is pretty huge in this tournament, which is a fifteen hundred dollars buy in, So people aren't going in being like all right, whatver, I'm just good. You know, they know what they're doing in this one. So we got a shot, but we pretty much have to go five and oh. Now the lines just came out for the tournament. I checked last night. They weren't out. I just sent them to you, so I'd kind of looked at the lines based on where the consensus was in the market without knowing these. So my feelings on some of them might change a little bit, but we'll have to see. So, Matt, early just impressions, How do you feel about the lines generally?
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this question is into this. Do you believe in game theory or are we picking games based upon who wins as if we were betting money.
Speaker 1: This is a fantastic question, Matt, A fantastic question because I thought about this a lot. Are we trying to be contrarian in this to try to win money?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 1: Matt, I really think that the bottom line is we need to go five and oh. So, if there is a something where it's like we've got two games that we feel equally pretty good about, one of them is probably one that's going to be a little bit contrarian, I will opt for that one. But I'm not looking to be like, well, let's go with this because they'll never see this one coming, Like, we gotta make our best picks. We gotta go five and oh So, whichever way it comes out is fine. What about you, what do you think you would do?
Speaker 2: I think being contrarian as much as possible is important yes here, And because it is our last week, and because we have a shot at it, I do think we need to be a little bit on the game theory side versus the pick theory side, just because it could lead us if we go five and oh, and I mean we can hold serve and there's nothing wrong with holding serve. Yeah, but we're not trying to hold serve right now. We're outside the money at one p fifty, so we're trying to get in. So let's be a little bit more on the aggressive side when it comes to fading, you know, where what we think may actually happen here because I think it could lead us to you know, if we do go five and oh, we could find ourselves right in a good spot.
Speaker 1: So the biggest thing that I will say, well, there are two things really. Number one that's Wednesday. Okay, we usually record this on Thursday. We have a little bit more information, we have a little bit more time to digest. So this is an important week for us, of course. So Matt, as you always do, you talk to people who are in the know. You get convinced one way or another, so you can follow up. So this week, more than any other week, it's going to be our like proposed picks, but we definitely may change often. But number two, of course, as much as people who listen to this podcast, and we love them all, I'm sure are very interested in how we are pursuing the Draft Kings Championship. Of course they also want betting. It's like guard let's for them. So we will of course not just be like, well, this might be the play, but we're going contraria to go here, like we'll make it clear which way our leans are. So all right, Matt, you've got the Lions now and again you can look at wherever you at it. There are certain things where the Draftking lines. There are some that are better than the consensus, some that are worse. So what do you think you can start us off? What's your number one play this week?
Speaker 2: Now, let me just say I we've just now had a chance to go through it, so like my order of favorite plays are probably going to change here. Yeah, we've got games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, right, yes, sir, Okay, So this is a little bit of a weird week. Do we know the rules on the DraftKings? If we play Friday, can we play Saturday and Sunday without having to give them all in? Yes, so the Friday rules and Saturday rules apply like it's a Thursday game, correct. Okay, So I like that, so we actually can kind of go, you know, day by day.
Speaker 1: So just so you know, Matt, here are the rules. Okay, when you make a pick, you have to put in all five of your picks to enter any pick, but you can edit your picks up until Sunday morning at ten am. Perfect. If you make all your picks, you want a Saturday game, you put them in now. If you change your mind before the Saturday game, you just change it like before the kickoffs, so you can do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's great in terms of right now where I sit. Okay, I personally think the La Rams catching one and a half points yea in the bounce back of bounce back spots. I got them catching points in a game that they have to win against Seattle, and I don't think Seattle's all that good in particular defensively, you could say that the Rams are looking ahead to this game because this is for the division. This is a divisional game. They had the lead by a game, so they guess they had a game in hand. They could technically lose it and still win the division if they beat Seattle. They have to win this game. I think the Rams win the game outright.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll put in pencil for now, But I'm almost sure that's going to be one of our picks because I have it as well. I have a little trepidation with it match just because I do think golf. Well, it's Jared, this is exactly correct, right, Like, didn't we kind of think like we got to be past this type of effort that we saw from the Jets. But if you can go that route and lose that game, I don't care about how much of a letdown spot, how much you're looking past it whatever. That was one of the worst played games I have ever seen in my life. The Jets didn't play well in that whatever that was the Rams. Man, it was really remarkable to see that. So it's a little worrisome. At the same time, if we're thinking about this game, it's the best thing that could happen to the Rams, because you know, this right, This is a And I also, what do you think this is going to? Do you think the public's gonna come in down the Seahawks here? Do you think they're going to see what happened last week and be a very public play for the Seahawks?
Speaker 2: And I think there's a good chance of it. I think you'll see some public sharper, smarter people maybe come back on the rams.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But I do think you're going to see this line climb at least approaching kickoff with public people coming in saying Seattle's the best team in the division. The here comes ste came Metcalf, yep. I just I watched Aaron Donald leave the field and how mad he was when he left the field. I was like, oh, I am feeling bad for Russ next week because that guy's gonna be on the ship.
Speaker 1: And the thing is they're not playing that well, the Seahawks right now. They haven't played well in a long time. You know. Russ's is not, you know, playing as well. He's getting his butt kicked a little bit, he's holding the ball a little bit too long, and yeah, DK Metcalf always has the chance to make giant plays, but Tyler Lockett hasn't been involved really at all. The Rams are gonna be so pissed after this game. Now cam Makers is out. That does hurt because A is an upgrade over Daryl Hunterson and Malcolm Brown. I just don't think it's enough so divisional game. You know, it's one and a half points, but I do like it. I think the Rams are going to win this game out Like I have sprinkled some of the money line already, so I do think that they're gonna get it. So yep, I'm good with it. Let's put it there, all right, Matt. We're gonna get ugly this week. And I mentioned it a little bit before, but I realize that the Bears are, you know, in the hunt and playing well, and the Jaguars are terrible, and they may be down James Robinson right now, but I think that Gardner Minshew is going to be able to keep this game at roughly a touchdown or closer. And this just strikes me as a way to fade the Bears. And again you mentioned on The Juice, which I loved. It was maybe my favorite moment on The Daily Juice where you aptly pointed out Doug Marron don't care. Okay, no, he's gone. He's not coaching this team next year, does he really is? He like, man, we got a tank so we can get Trevor Lawrence. I mean, think about Adam Gase. Adam Gase isn't tanking. Adam Gase isn't here next year. They don't care. He's not going to tank. The team plays hard. They don't have the horses, but they play hard. Gardner Minshew again, I mean, Baltimore was completely out of their league. I don't think the Bears necessarily are. I think you know that the defense is good, but it's mainly the run defense. I think Mitchell will be able to move the ball, passing it and keep it close enough where it'll be within a touchdown at seven and a half at home. It's ugly, but I actually like the Jaguars here.
Speaker 2: I think they moved. They might win the game out right.
Speaker 1: Yes, I kind of think that too.
Speaker 2: This is what I really after listening to the clip of Doug Maron when he was asked about tanking after the game, saying, you know, the Jets they've lost here. You know, what is your philosophy? What do you do? Over his last two games, and he was angry when he answered it. It wasn't like a, well, you know, we're gonna go out there and do our best. And you know, he was like, we're not tanking. What are you talking about. We're not losing, We're not doing that. And I went, oh my gosh, this guy knows he's fired. And Trevor Lawrence going to Jacksonville guarantees he's fired. There's no way they let that guy go anywhere near Trevor Lawrence. So why in the world would he want to lose? Why would he want to tank for a kid, a quarterback he'll never coach, and he's angry he's losing his job. It's human nature, right, you know you're fired, you're a dead man walking. What's the best way to just stick it to your employer? Win? I think they could win the game out right.
Speaker 1: I I'm not gonna lie. I also have just a tiny bit a time because's like plus three hundred or whatever for the Jags on the money line, because I do think that there's a chance I can win. But again, realistically, the Jaguars, they've covered several times where you've been like, what are you talking about? Like they managed to keep a game close, and again, as many points as the Bears have put up lately is as much as you know, Dave Montgomery is really playing well and Mischal Trubisky is you know, passable at this moment. I just think that you're gonna see Gardner Minshew be able to put up some points enough to keep close with them, and again talk about tanking Matt like, I realistically think no team actually says we we are. Like, if you're out on the football field, for the most part, you're I don't think teams go out there and are like, I'm just gonna kind of olay this guy. Not you see teams maybe being like I'm not gonna put my health at risk by tackling this guy, or maybe not like that, but they try, you play to win the game, and especially a code who is coaching, Like no coach wants to be like I'm tanking on purpose to do this, so they're gonna play to win. So yeah, I like it over touch. And I wanted to see what the spread was in the DraftKings contest because it was seven and a half generally speaking, once to see in the contest, it's also seven and a half. So if you're good with that, I'm good with it.
Speaker 2: All right. So we got favorite we go dog with the Rams, dog with the Jags. I got one more dog, dogg I want to talk about, okay, and I think this is you want to talk ugly? All right? This is ugly.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's not what I'm thinking I've got. I've got a dog that I'm I'm hope I was hoping that you'd get to but it's not gonna go.
Speaker 2: This is this is ugly because I'm gonna ride a backup quarterback to do something here, and I'm gonna take Vegas at plus three and a half against the against the Dolphins. The Patriots should have won that game, all right. It was right there. There were so many chances for them. And just Cam Newton can't do anything. Okay, he just can't throw, he can't run. I don't think that Dolphins defense is playing very well, and I know that Dolphins offense is not playing very well. I think the Raiders, they're healthy. They've got to win the game to stay in the playoff chase. This is it. They lose the game, they're done. Their entire seasons on the line. I think jobs are on the line. I think coaches jobs are on the line. We've already seen the DC get fired in Vegas. I think you could see more coaches getting fired because Gruden is gonna get really angry, and he likes Mariota. He thinks Marcus Mariota is Something's White gave him a two year, seventeen million dollar contract to play quarterback for this spot. Mariota's playing for a job. He could wind up. Look what Cam Cam got a starting job? Why couldn't Marcus Mariota get a starting job next year? I think at plus three and a half, I'm getting more than a field goal. That hook matters to me. I don't think that Dolphins offense is that great. I know the defense for the Raiders gets no pressure. I understand that, but I think that this is a game where the offense can put points up. I'll take the three and a half in the Raiders.
Speaker 1: So all right, So a couple ugly?
Speaker 2: It is ugly.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's likely there are a couple. I have a couple questions. First of all, I've been assuming based on the injury sound pretty bad. That cars up. But he's splitting reps here in practice with Marios.
Speaker 2: There's no way this dude's playing. I mean I could play, I guess, but like I am banking on a backup quarterback. He tours coin. Yeah, I mean it was not It was not pretty. I mean, yes, as a quarterback you don't have to run. You can kind of stand back there if you can move around a little bit, right, But given how fluid Mariota was, and yes, he threw behind his receivers like crazy, but he did have that drop in the bucket throw to Waller which was pretty nice for a touchdown.
Speaker 1: So he played very well. He played very well in that game overall, like completely coming off the.
Speaker 2: Bench cold, he definitely played well.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So so it's interesting when I originally did my notes on it, I didn't really think about this game because it was three three and a half makes it far more indicing when I'm looking at it. And again, the what I like about this is that, I mean the split on the public in this The public's going to be all over the Dolphins, yes one right, because the Raiders, you know, they they looked, you know, well, a competent on national TV. But I got the backup quarterback. Everybody's starting to love the Dolphins At this point, I worry a little bit about what we're going to I mean, I get that the Raiders have to win. I just don't know whether or not the Raiders have the horses to win this game. I mean, Jacob's banged up. It's really Waller, like, it's really Waller at this point, the Dolphins the event.
Speaker 2: Was open though maryo to have missed agial He was always open and they always had on a prop bet I need nine more yards. He tried to be four, actually trying to be five more yards for Agalar, but he was open. He was opening a lot and Marrillar just missed him. So if he can get on the same page as him, it's not just Waller. I mean, I know you. I think Ruggs is going to be a really interesting case.
Speaker 1: And it cooks back, by the way, from the COVID nineteen list because he was on it.
Speaker 2: I don't know it was contact tracing, right, he he didn't have COVID right.
Speaker 1: He was, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Has he been activated though yet?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it, But it just he hasn't been the weapon that we thought he was going to be in this offense. No, it's all Waller and it's all Jacobs, and the offensive line has gotten healthy er and it has been playing better or they're still not without I mean, the last incognito for the year and whatnot. But I just think this is like, this is the season, this is everything. And to lose by a field goal, yeah, I can see that, lose by three, but that hook matters to me? About the three and a half in the contest.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'm gonna put on the maybe list because I'm not in love with it. I worry a little bit about the Raiders, and again I also for the Raiders, and the health of the Dolphins matters to me as well. Is Gasking coming back or any pass is any pass catcher coming back for Dolphins? Is the Balthley Parker or Mica Sicky or Jaquim Grant or anybody who's out there coming back? So I'll put it on the babe list because I do like the hook. Oh at three, I kind of discounted either side because I didn't like it on either side. Three and a half feel a little bit different now. The dog that I thought you might be going with, Matt that I kind of like this week. Are the Falcons getting ten and a half from the Chiefs in case c Now, the Chiefs are gonna win this game without question. But the Falcons are not a terrible football team. I mean, even without Julio Jones. You know, Raey Morris is a good coach. He has them coached up. The defense is playing. Okay, they were way ahead in that Bucks game, but they falconed it as they always do. So the Chiefs, as we know, they're a great team, but they are not interested in winning by twenty five points, right, Like they're just not. They let teams sort of hang around. You're getting more than ten in this game. It strikes me as this is you know, a seven point win, maybe a ten point win. I don't think I see it as like a twenty point win in this game or something like that. So getting double digits more than ten in this game, I kind of like the Falcons. What do you I mean, it's in it's a narrowhead.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know, paying what is that? It's Julio playing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna assume that Julio's not playing. He might he's trying desperately to play. My guess is going to play week seventeen, not this game. If he played play this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he played, I would feel a little bit better. But really had a monster game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Gauge played well as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gates played very well. And and and and look, Matt Ryan's playing well, he's he I mean, there's a big you know, there's all that talk about Matt Ryan potentially going to San Francisco and going back with Kyle Shanahan, and that's been you know, so he's he wants to put up numbers and he wants to prove he can still be a starting quarterback in the NFL. So there's a lot to play for here. Oh, five and one, depending on the number that you got. If you got two and a half late, you covered that game with the Saints. But if you got it at three, which was pretty much where it was forever, right, you know, they're five and one over the last six games against the spread, and they've been backdoored for four consecutive weeks. Yeah, it's really weird. And so they go up and they just stop. And I've been telling people who you know, I got friends of mine who are chief fans, and I'm like, you guys, better stop doing that because at some point in the playoffs you're gonna get burned. If you're not playing fourth quarter games, you're not playing all four quarters. You're gonna get yourself into a fourth quarter game and it's gonna be like the Titans game last year, but in reverse, where you're gonna be up big and then you're gonna lose because you're just not gonna be able to hold on to a lead. So I don't hate it. Ten and a half's a big number and big number, and I think it will come down by the time kickoff happens. I think you'll see professionals come in and take the points. I'm I'm okay with going heavy on dogs this weekend, right, I really am. In Week sixteen and seventeen, I'm comfortable even road you know, double digit road favorite road dogs. I'm comfortable. If I'm getting points, I feel good. So I'd be comfortable at ten and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the thing, you know, to the extent I want to make the case against it, which worries me a little bit, is that the Chiefs have a very strong pass defense, their run defense is a little susceptible, and the Falcons can't run the ball. They just can't. They're just passing, and you know that's where the strength is. But again, this is just what it is. Ten and a half man. They don't cover the line. They just don't. They they're not interested in it, they don't care. And again you get you know, you're telling me, you know what at thirty to twenty, you know you're fine with the Falcons. You're good there. So I kind of like it. I'd like it a lot more if the Falcons are home, of course. Yeah, but yeah, all right, we'll put on the maybe lest what else? A goat?
Speaker 2: So I've got favorites here, yep, And so those are my three. So really we have five picks, five dogs right now?
Speaker 1: So if what's our fifth on? What did I mean?
Speaker 2: Raiders, Jags, Rams? Oh? And so we have four now okay? Four?
Speaker 1: Sorry full yeah and the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but by the way, I also my only remaining picks where I have actual like leans for them, are all favorites as well, just so you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I I want to go back to the well against your Jets, Yes, and I feel like, go ahead, there's okay, So I just think nine and a half blow ten for Cleveland. This is where actually Cleveland gets to get all their fans into a lather for the Super Bowl and they'll blow the Jets out by thirty and the Jets will just you know, they played their super Bowl, if you will, they won their one game, and to turn around and fade them the next week against the team that's gonna run the ball down the throats and just win the game twenty to three and walk away.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I can lay the nine and a half with Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yep. This was definitely on my list, and I what's funny matter is, I was like, I think this one's gonna be a winner with Matt, So I'm not gonna waste it yet. I'm gonna hold it for now just in case it gets support where like, oh man, I'm gonna be like boom the one like if you want a worry about it, because I I realistically I had in my notes it was nine and a half in the consensus lines. I had my notes if it gets to ten, I really hope it doesn't get to ten in the contest. If it's days at nine and a half, which it did, I felt good about it because again, kudos to the Browns, who are absolutely legitimate. They are playing great. Baker is playing great. You know, Richard Higgins is playing great. The run game is good, the defense is solid. You know, they're getting healthier there. The Jets, absolutely, they played a good game against a good team. But again, for me, that game was more about the Rems. You want something to basically be like, oh man, maybe they don't completely destroy the Jets. Is the fact that they could be looking ahead right too week seventeen against the Steelers, which.
Speaker 2: Right now because they have to win the game to keep pace.
Speaker 1: It's true, but it could be something where they you know, you go in and you say, well, we're gonna win this game. We know that, like what you know, focus on Pittsburgh are like, what will be the Jets?
Speaker 2: So we start doing that, that's dangerous.
Speaker 1: I agree the brown that's what happens. I'm sure the Rams probably did that a little bit, right. The Rams probably looked ahead to the Seahawks a little bit and came out against the Jet. We're going to destroy the Jets. Who cares? It doesn't matter though, Man, I'm completely with you. The Jets. No, they've won the game. They're not gonna win another one, and Cleveland is too good anyway. Cleveland is just a much much better team, and I have faith if you're getting it under ten. Yeah, it was one of my favorite picks on the week. I just didn't lead with it because I figured that it would be a safe pick that I could have later on. So absolutely that one's in forget it. We don't even need to debate it.
Speaker 2: So okay, all right, And but that's the game theory.
Speaker 1: By the way, you think that the Jets are going to be the.
Speaker 2: No, everyone's going to be on the Browns.
Speaker 1: Oh, everyone is going to be on the Browns.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I think one of the most popular picks is going to be Browns over the Jets. So that's just if I'm with you on the play. But if we're playing game theory, okay, the idea is either do we want to run with the masses or do we want to be contrary. I'm not saying we take the Jets. I'm just saying we look for games that people aren't going to play because you know, everyone's going to be on the Browns. It's just going to be there.
Speaker 1: You know. It's very interesting though, Matt. There are a couple of things. Okay, let's talk about a couple things. Number One, game theory works both ways, right, Like, other people can also be having the game theory discussion that you are having, right, and they could be like, let's get smart and stuff like that. So it could definitely be. But I do think that all year long that people who have models and people who sort of look at to find the value in the lines have consistently said, I feel like there's value in the Jets lines, but I can't take the Jets. I can't take the Jets because even though my model says that the spread should be three points closer, I can't take the Jets on this. But maybe now you feel a little more comfortable taking the Jets because they showed up the other thing. By the ways, Quldn'tlliams like their best pass. He's out. He's just been placed on IR as of twenty minutes ago, so he's out for this game. They can't win, man, Like.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you here. The one thing that I'm curious about because the way the DraftKings does it, so we're talking about percentage, not wins.
Speaker 1: Correct. Now, It's going to be the same thing though, because everybody's going to have the same number of picks at this point. Right now, the percentage matters a little more because not everybody has picked the same number of games. Oh right, okay, so some people have already have already used picked all their games and they have to take the bye week in.
Speaker 2: This sixteen seventeen, so they're done exactly.
Speaker 1: So that's why it's percentage at this point as opposed to win. So in the end it's going to be wins. And my guess is, so we are I believe I said we were thirty six and twenty nine or whatever it was, and so at best we would get forty one out of sixty, which would be fifty eight point six percent. And right now that I believe is cash. So I don't know whether or not that's where it's going to be, or or that might be one game short or something. Forty one one out of sixty, but that's gonna be right on the borderline of what we need to be doing. So it's cool it's a percent but it's really picks at that point.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so it's still game theory. I mean, I I think.
Speaker 1: Although you could be by the way, if it's if there's a push on a game obviously, right, so that although every line is at half point, like, there's no pushing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm guessing a Vello Johnny Vello and company made sure that. So, I think, so you wouldn't have the You're you're either gonna go five and oh or zero and five. There's no you know, there's no three to one and one going on here. You know. It's it's it's trying to make sure you're either winning or losing in week sixteen. I mean, I I think, you know, the more that I think about it, the more that I realized, like, if we have to go five and oh, we kind of just have to pick five games we were build the best.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm at, Matt.
Speaker 2: If I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: Now, if there's a high breaker, if there's a tigh breaker, right, if we're like we like these four games, we've got these two other games that we feel kind of equally strong about, and one is kind of more of the game theory contrarian play. I'm fine to that, But for the most part, I'm not like you and I like the Browns at nine and a half. I don't really want to get off it, because I think it's going to be like a play like we gotta go five and zero one point by hook or by crunk.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, all right, all right, I like it.
Speaker 1: All right, So that was yours. So let me get to mine. I've got how many more? I really only have one or two more. I guess maybe this one's what worries me about this one though, Matt is it's an incredibly public play, Like the public is probably going to be all over this because they have seen the Steelers look like hot garbage for three weeks now. They just got absolutely embarrassed on national TV. It's a spot where ordinarily I would buy the Steelers, and I would say this is Tomlin spot, right, I mean, this is the Rara nobody believes in us whatever. I just don't think they got the horses at this point. And I think Indianapolis maybe not a dominant team, you know, maybe not quite as strong as I thought, but their defense, when healthy is absolutely legitimate. The Steelers have no running game whatsoever. Everybody knows that Ben Is, whether he's actually hurt or whatever, can't push the ball downfield. So they are just crowding the line, saying you want to get a seven yard completion. We are not like I'm not backing off as a corner, not backing off anymore. I'm not worried about being be deep because I know you got to get the ball out in one point five seconds. Indianapolis is a legit team. They need to keep winning here. They've got a shot of the division, especially with the Titans playing the Packers. So lay under a field goal. I think they win the game. I'd be willing to go with Indianapolis two and a half. It's just such a public play, which is why I have trepidation about him.
Speaker 2: What do you think it has a big black line through it?
Speaker 1: Oh? No way, because it's so public or what?
Speaker 2: Just you can't touch the game? Okay, you just can't here. There's a bunch of reasons why won I think James Connor's playing. Okay, So I think we're going to have a running game resurgency, Okay.
Speaker 1: I want to make it clear. I think their running game is worse with James Connor than with Benny Stump. That's where I am legitimately on James Connor at this point. Not that it matters, but go That's how I got James Connor is irrelevant.
Speaker 2: To me, but go okay, So I think Connor coming back to Big, I think you have the you mentioned the Tomlins spot. I mean this is it. I mean they can if they win this game, they win the division in Week seventeen, doesn't matter, they have a playoff home game. I think you're gonna get every trick. I think you're gonna get everything possible, and you're going I'm banking on Philip Rivers in a Week sixteen spot, in a super Bowl spot. I can't do it. I think you're right. I think the right sides the Colts, but I don't think we can risk it, knowing how much we need five picks. We can't risk being wrong and the Steelers getting right in winning a football game and you know, winning it out right, and then we're laying two and a half points here. If you were to take the Steelers out go all right, maybe, but it would feel you'd feel nervous about it. But I think there's a legitimate chance that they saved their season in this spot. I think big. I think Ben's arm, I think his elbow is screwed up, and I think there's no velocity two weeks ago against Buffalo was the first time I started asking people in Vegas, like, what is up with the arm? Yeah, and everybody said, there's nothing there. It's there's just no punch. However, even with that said, I think they know they're not going anywhere. They're gonna lose in the first round of the playoffs. Yeah, mean, they're just they're not a good football team. I can't see them going eleven and oh and oh and five. I just can't see it. They gotta beat somebody, and this is the game they gotta have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think all of that is right. And again, I like everything when you look at sort of like ah trends or what's the narrative everything, it's Steelers, right, this is the spot for the Steelers. But again, this is something where I now cannot back the Steelers, like under any circumstances right now. But I'm fine. Again, it's a game that I'm uncomfortable with.
Speaker 2: I think you're on the right side. I got that. I think the cults. I think cults on the right side. I think it's it's the right bet, is the right pick. It's just in this spot for us.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: If we're wrong it's like, oh, man, did we just lose money because we went against winning the spot that.
Speaker 1: We act Philip Rivers And it's just you know, I completely agree. It's it's just one that I'm like, ah, this feels like the right side, but I still feel uncomfortable with it. But again, I you're right at this point because if the steel got the Steelers, could you imagine going in having to beat the Browns next week in Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: To for that division like that? No, terrible. They can't want to do that at this point on a four game losing streak, So yeah, I know it. Just man, that team with all the defensive injuries, with Bend, There's no way I'm taking the Steelers. I would say that, Like if you came in said Steelers, I would say, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: But I'm fine, No, I think the discuss is no play, This is no place, time of the week.
Speaker 1: I just don't think you can touch it all right, anybody else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just one more play that I think. It's a big number. So I understand if you don't want to touch it. But I think the Giants offense is done and I think the Ravens are getting into form here, and I think they're gonna destroy New York. I think it's the line's big, it's ten and a half, but I think it's gonna be a complete and total. I think the Ravens are gonna kill the Giants.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't I don't hate it, So keep going. I'm sorry, keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it is. I just in Baltimore ten and a half. I think there's quarterback questions. Don't McCoy or it's Jones, doesn't matter. I think the defense has been figured out, and I think the Ravens are starting to kind of do what good teams do. In December and okay, we had our hiccup, we had our kind of our our COVID problems and our issues, and we played in weird times and weird days and everything got thrown off. But I think Lamar Jackson is starting to come into shape here, and I think these next two weeks are gonna be the chance for the Ravens to kind of say, yeah, you know, we're still in the conversation here for potentially going to the super Bowl. You guys have slept on us long enough, but here's what we just did to the Giants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really don't hate this at all. It was on my list, but it was sort of like it's just a weird number, you know, like it's a big numbers as we were talking about. But I don't really hate it because A I do think that the Ravens have kind of been like, Okay, what are we doing? Like what were we doing coming into this year? Like I felt like we got too fancy almost a little bit right, Like we didn't just want to do exactly what we know we can do. Now they are, they're playing well, they need to keep winning. They need to basically went out. They've had the soft schedule here with Jacksonville and then the Giants, then they've get Cincinnati, so and again, what I love about Harbaugh is if he's going to win a game, he doesn't care about it, like he'll he'll you know, he's like the anti Chiefs this year, right, he will. He will put his foot on the neck and just say you're done. And I'm putting up as many points as possible. So, yeah, I don't hate it. I'll put it on. Let's put on the maybe list. But it's like the head of the maybe list for me for sure. Okay, very good. How about So this is interesting, Matt, and it's your team, so I want to ask you about it. At seven, I was like, maybe the Bills, because I think the I think the Bills at this point, Matt, are we done fading the Bills at this point? They look they look amazing, like they look really really incredible, especially offensive.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The no Gilmore that it's seven and a half. I don't you know when it's seven and a half, I don't love well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing that bothers me is that Belichick tends to take these games really personally now and he doesn't he plays long term like some coaches are, like, I need to win right now. Yeah, he doesn't care about about that. But the fact that he held his press conference this morning he wouldn't declare a starter. Yeah, and is maybe gonna run out Stinham And maybe it is Stinham playing and Cam not playing. I think they're a better team with Jared Stinham at the quarterback spot. So I don't know. I mean, I'm concerned that Belichick wants to go eight and eight and he wants to have have a you know, a five hundred record in the middle of COVID and then you know, let history play it out versus seven and nine and Brady winds up going you know, ten and six or whatever. Yeah, I don't know. It scares me. The hook matters. I couldn't back the Patriots, but I think the Bills are gonna win the game. But I could easily see my favorite quarterback, Josh Allen have a rough day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I I realistically think that the Bills are going to destroy the pass.
Speaker 2: And they want to. They're going in there.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna here's the thing. I mean, I'll put on the maybe list, Matt, but unless you talk to your people and they're like this line should be twelve or whatever, I'm not gonna put it in because I'm not gonna have us back the Bills against the Patriots in our contest because I know your fade the Bills.
Speaker 2: You know, well, it's just it's over seven and it's a spot where the Patriots don't need to worry if they can do whatever they want. I mean, they can throw every trick defense, every trick play. I mean they can. You know, there's nothing on the line for the Patriots. It's just go out there and beat the Bills because you don't want to lose two games to Buffalo, and you know you've already lost the division to them, so you know there's anger in that building already when it comes to Buffalo. So if you win and you go one and one, at least you beat them, at least the team that won the division you beat them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know all of this stuff, Like I get all of that. I just think in the end, it doesn't matter because he does not have the horses. The same thing as the same thing as Pittsburgh right now. The same thing is like he has never allowed the rookie quarterbacks against Belichick. And maybe they they should have covered or maybe they could have won that game, but they didn't. And I think that especially without gilmore Man, like you're gonna have double digs. I guess I don't think it's necessarily gonna matter. And if it does, then you're gonna have Cole Beasley have the big game, and if not, then Josh Allen is gonna run all over.
Speaker 2: Remember though J C. Jackson's mad he had eight picks and did make the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: All right, All that the narrative stuff though, for me with this team doesn't matter because the narrative stuff has kind of been blown out of the water. Like Belichick is, if not the greatest coach of all time, then with the top two or whatever like that. But if he doesn't have the horses, he doesn't have the horses, and you lost your best defensive player. Whoever, It's not like maybe Jared Sidham is an upgrade over Cam Newton probably is. What does that matter? You know, at this point, who cares? It's not like that's not saying much. You might be an upgrade over Cam Newton at this point.
Speaker 2: I mean, Damien Harris maybe back.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's fine. I don't I don't mind. I mean, I'm I've sprinkled on it when at seven, which is what it is, because I really think that it is a game that Bills are gonna win by double digits at this point. But I'm not I'm not pushing for it in the contest because I do know a you've been you know, kind of generally speaking, fading the Bills all year, and number two, it's your team, so I trust you know your insight into the team more than my own. So I'm fine to put that on the maybe, but it's much more of a if you talk to your guys. And again, that's what I love about doing this with you is that you will come in and have a side while we do this, and then you'll you'll talk to other people. You'll talk, you'll get as much information as possible, and sometimes you'll switch. So if you switch, i'd you want to put it in. But for now, let's let's put it this. Any other team that you're looking at this week that you like or have a lean on. If not, we'll just go through the rest of the game. Seat there. I mean.
Speaker 2: The only other game that I've been kind of kicking around in my head and I've kind of been like, do I really want to go ahead and back them? And I'm not entirely comfortable even, you know, coming out and saying it is that I think the Titans might beat the Packers. And I just I think because the Titans. You mentioned the race, right, the Titans need this game. They've got to keep pace, they've got to keep their lead. I mean, I just I do the Packers really need this game?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, well that yeah, they need to buy right, I mean they're.
Speaker 2: Okay if yeah, if they want to buy. Okay, but and I don't know how much teams really want. I mean, yes, the buye would be nice, man, you need that buy Yeah, okay, but I don't know. I just as I said, I'm kind of like going back and forth, but like it did jump when I was going through. It did kind of jump off the table, off off the screen going. Man, it's it's an interesting number. I'm getting three and a half on the Titans against the Packers. Can. I mean they play cold weather football. That's what they do, right, I mean they ultimately in the NFL, they are the cold weather team in a lot of ways, where they can just line up and run the ball at you and I and the Packers have such a horrific run defense. Look what happened against the Vikings. Yeah, I mean it was I mean all Dalvin Cook all day. So do they make the mistake of playing six D b's again, Probably not, But you do have good receivers that they could be worried about in the same way they were worried about stopping feeling for the Vikings, you know, stopping AJ Browns Corey Davis on a monster game last week. As you had in your projections when one of your props was Corey Davis. I just think that hook at three and a half looks interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting one. I think the Titans are probably the right side because I don't see this as a game that the Packers. It's gonna be cold, you know, it's gonna be really cold. I don't see this as a monstrous, explosive offensive day necessarily for the Packers. And the Packers are as vulnerable against the run as you know pretty much any other team, and in a cold sort of scenario, you can give Derrick Henry the ball thirty five times and you're gonna be able to put up points and keep the game close and everything like that. I don't hate it. I you know, I don't love it because I just I don't have a great feel for this game. And I think I'm still scarred a little bit by the game that you had so perfectly nailed, which was that Browns game where the Browns destroyed the Titans, absolutely destroyed them. Makes me a little nervous here as to what are we going to see when the Titans face a real team with that, like a real offense like the Packers. But I'll put it on the maybe list. I don't hate it. I don't hate it, and I do think that's the right side with the hook, So I'll do that all right. Let's go through the rest of the games here. I mean, I have a couple of couple of mynor thoughts. Let's start with the Let me just make sure I haven't missed any Nope, I've gone through all those. How about the Bucks slaying nine and a half to the Lions in Detroit?
Speaker 2: What do you make of that team in Tampa? Like, what do you make of these guys? I just don't like their offense. I just I mean, I teased them down last week, so I got it right. But they were down big to the Falcons. I mean, they had to come all the way back on the road. Their second half was totally different than their first half, and they I thought that they would go into the buy, change things up, have a new offense, come out of the bye week and be you know, a dink and dunk team like Brady wants to be. Now, they did make Scotty Miller a bigger part of the offense, so that's important. So I'm glad to see that. But they've got him running fly patterns. He's not running slants, he's running go routes. So, like, I don't know what to make of this Bucks team. I need them to win it because I've got them to win ten games, so I have a bet on them to win ten games. So I needed to win this game year today. But man, I just yikes, it's tough to get behind them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, you know, probably you know, not to make any excuses for them, because that was a pretty pretty dismal effort. But I think, you know, Ronald Jones, to me, especially in the passing game, is just an upgrade over Leonard Fournette. So I think probably the you know, the running back out of the backfield made a difference. I don't think Ronald Jones is supposed to play in this game. I think there's right, there's doubt, so you've got that. It's just a first of all, I don't know for sure that Stafford is playing in this game, right, Stafford is basically good, you know, kudos to the guy who's as tough as they come playing through it. But you know, Gallave is still going to be out. Of course, if it's Chase Daniel, everything to me says like if I have to pick a side. I'm going with the Bucks under double digits, Like, I will take that because again, you can do whatever you want against Detroit, you know, from an offensive standpoint. I mean, you've got the three receivers, You've still got goronk, you can run the ball. They should be able to do whatever they want. So I do think that the Bucks are probably the right side. But yeah, you watch them and the way they came out against Atlanta. That was just an abysmal game. So I think that's not.
Speaker 2: How much you know what's funny. I don't know how much fun Brady's having. Yeah, watching him on the sidelines, this is when Brady normally gets to be Brady. Right in December is when he starts to really like to you start to feel it. You watch him and you're like, man, you watch the confidence, and you watch him he cares himself. You watch the swag come out of Brady. It never really happens until December and the postseason, right, and I don't see it out of him. I see a lot of frustration. I see a lot of concern. I see a lot of distrepidation in almost you know, being annoyed at what's happening, and I think he knows they're not that good of a football team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not that good of a football team.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not even saying that they don't have a chance to get to the super Bowl because they could get on a run. They have horses, they have a strong defense. They're just not playing very well at the moment, and I think it is frustrating. Brady is not playing very well at the moment either, so it's frustrating for them. But yeah, I think they're the right side at nine and a half. But I'm not really I'm not. I'm not to put it in the contest by anyway, Eagles laying two and a half to the Cowboys in Dallas.
Speaker 2: If I was going to bet it, it's the Eagles because I was on Jalen Hurts last week at plus six and it was a brutal loss.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, just a brutal I was there too.
Speaker 2: That was that was just horrid. But I think Jalen Hurts is something I really do and I just did the only reason why I'm not backing it is I don't think the Eagles is a football team or that good.
Speaker 1: I think they're going to be such a public play I think right, because Hurts is like the type of play that you're like, oh my gosh, I got to back this guy under a field goal. The Cowboys are not as bad as I think people make them out to be. Their defense playing a little bit better. So I do like the Eagles as well, but I think that the public nature of it and the team just generally speaking pushes me off it a little bit. So it's a game that I do think that if I had to bet, it would be the Eagles, but not there. So this is interesting. What do you think? This is the Christmas Game? I believe the Saints lank seven and a half to the Vikings in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Hate the hook, Yeah, looked at it. Hate the seven and a half. Six and a half would be all over New Orleans. Yeah, seven and a half. Yeah, that's that's my concern. Back door.
Speaker 1: Oh if I if I had to go somewhere, I'd go with the Vikings at seven a half. I don't want it.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, the Vikings have the Vikings have now entered the put the black line through them of betting. For me, I am not backing the Vikings after what happened last week. I was not to play of the week. I was all in that. I thought I had that game perfectly correct, and they made they made Trubitsky look good again. And I just don't understand Dalvin Cook didn't run as hard as I thought he was going to, and that team when they get down, they don't know how to come from behind. Like you go up seven, nothing, you go up ten, nothing, it's almost over. Like it's just they just don't come back on anybody.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, I think having a black line through them is the perfect way to put them, because, yeah, I think there's probably value on them at seven and a half. There's no way I'm backing them, But I don't know what I'm going to see from them week to week at all. So yeah, I agree, let's stay away wonderful Cardinals laying your favorite number five and a half the forty nine ers in Arizona.
Speaker 2: If I had to back it, I would take San Francisco. Yeah, but I don't like it because I don't like backing Nick Mullins.
Speaker 1: And it's not Nick Mullins.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's it's even worse. C J.
Speaker 1: Bether Now, Yeah, yeah, Mullins Mullins needs Tommy John surgery. I think actually, yeah, it's even worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's right CD. But third yeah, yeah, because he came out of that game and his elbow was funk. It was funky, and he was like, it's really bad. Yeah, yeah it was. It didn't look good.
Speaker 1: That's the possibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just think running the football against the Cardinals is how you beat them. Yeah, and I think most of it should play right.
Speaker 1: No, he's out, he's on. I R now my friend is done. You've got Jeff Wilson and uh, you know, I guess Jerick McKinnon, maybe Tevin Coleman, who's also banged up. You've got Jeff Wilson, and you've got maybe George Kittle, and you've got Brandon Ayuk and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe he just sucked me into the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: It can't be. It's five and a half.
Speaker 2: It's no. I wouldn't touch it. I'm not this game, absolutely not. I I don't like. I mean, the Cardinals aren't are a team. In terms of coaching, I think Cliff Kingsbury hasn't adapted nearly enough as he should have. He's had his system in place. And they run the same thing every week. Yeah, and like some weeks it works, in some weeks it doesn't. And it's it's if I was a Cardinal fan, I'd be concerned about that. That he seems like he's a one trick pony. And if Murray's not doing magic with his feet, they can't win. Yeah, Like they need him to run the football and pick up first downs. And then Hopkins last week was incredible. He was just amazed, absolutely incredible against the Eagles. So I mean, you have a guy like that making incredible catches and plays and touchdown catches that shouldn't be made, and okay, fine, that's how you win games. But I yeah, it's too it's too many unknowns for me.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. I just don't. I really don't. I don't have faith in the Cardinals yet. And the forty nine ers has beat up as they are, their defense is you know still you know, as healthy essentially as it's been, you know, and there they'll put up a fight, and I just I don't want to touch it. I'm with you. So how about the growth? I mean, you can't want this game either side. Texans laying eight and a half to the Bengals, and.
Speaker 2: There's no way. It's just I won't watch it. It's no we're talking.
Speaker 1: About the completely away. If you're betting that game, stop listening that. I'm just kidding to listen to the podcast. But yeah, neither. I don't want any part of it, no matter what, Chargers laying three and a half to the Broncos in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Look, look that this is this is one of those games where if we were gonna play game theory, Okay, no one's gonna pick this game. This game will be on like five percent of the picks. No one's gonna go near it. You take the Chargers at home against the Broncos, and you hope that they they play hard, and you hope that Herbert goes back to where he was because he wants to win the Offensive Rookie of the Year award, so he wants to put up big numbers. If we played game theory, it would be Chargers.
Speaker 1: In my mind, Yeah, I think that that's right. I don't want to play it though, there's no way, there's no way, get out of my get out of my I don't want that. Yeah, it's gross, it is gross. I don't I just don't want to touch it. It's not a I don't feel comfortable back in the Chargers. I don't feel comfortable back in the Broncos. I don't feel comfortable at all. Washington laying two and a half to the Panthers in Washington.
Speaker 2: So this is the revenge game, right, And if you believe in revenge games, you would take Washington here. It's it's hard to do so, just given where their offense is right now. And I mean you.
Speaker 1: Don't even know who's gonna be playing, correct.
Speaker 2: The Dwayne Haskins going to do a strip club story is pretty significant, yeah, And I mean Gibson's not gonna play.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I don't know how you back Washington, but you would I would back Washington if I was going to back anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that, like Washington would be. This one, by the way, is a legitimately, so you know the bet on the lines or I look and you can see generally speaking, you know the percentage of people who put in picks where they are on a side. Not a single person has put in a pick yet for this game. And I guess that's probably because of the quarterback situation, right, But it's just not a game that i'd want to go near because either way, I just don't. It's just Washington has a legitimate defense. If I knew Alex Smith was starting, maybe maybe I'd feel comfortable with them. But for now, let's stay away.
Speaker 2: Because this comes on Sunday, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, this game's on Sunday.
Speaker 2: So I mean like this could be one of those games by the time we get to the Sunday morning, yep, that the number has shifted so much that there's like an incredible value on Washington because this thing popped up. You know, we had to put these lines out on Wednesday before we knew.
Speaker 1: So if haskins, I'd be a game theory one though, Matt, Like, that's where I could see game theory going, like the Steelers this weekend. Right that line came out, I think before you knew that Ryan Finley was going to be the starter. Right on the line. I think ballooned after that for Ryan Finley to be the starter. And there was a time That's why I told you when we were talking and I looked at that how many people had picked Pittsburgh, and I said, rude for Cincinnati to cover the twelve and a half points spread, because I think when it closed might have been at like fifteen or something like that. Right, yep. So that's where you would say, here's a line that's locked in in the contest that then shifts. I think that is where game theory could play, where you'd be like, everybody's then going to be in non Washington. Let's just avoid it and hope for that upset if we have other games we like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: All right, So here's what we've gotten at We both like the Rams plus one and a half from the Seahawks, so that is in the Jaguars plus seven and a half from the Browns from the Bears, I'm sorry, and the Browns minus nine and a half to the Jets. So those are three that were definitely and we got a bunch of other possibles. I like the Ravens minus ten and a half to the Giants. Are you good with that?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: All right, So we've got that one, and then we've got four others that are under consideration, and that is the Raiders getting three and a half from the Dolphins, the Falcons getting ten and a half, from the Chiefs, the Bills laying seven and a half to the Patriots, but that one's not there, and the Titans getting three and a half from the Packers. I think if I would choose and I mentioned it, it would be the Falcons getting the ten and a half. And I like sort of the mix of heavy favorites and heavy dogs in this one, Like there's a lot of more than a touchdown. But I'd leave it to you to what you want.
Speaker 2: All right, So what is the current line for Falcons Chiefs? You don't have it in fun of me, do you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Let me pull it up. I think it's a even it is way where is it? Where is sorry? Hold on, everybody, this is great. It's ten and a half still, that's where it is.
Speaker 2: It's ten and a half still, all right, So.
Speaker 1: It hasn't moved one way or another.
Speaker 2: So this number opened in Vegas. Opening number was twelve and a half. So the money, yes, the money's coming in. It's now ten and a half. So the money came in on the Falcons.
Speaker 1: So there's no way the Falcons are going to be a public play though, right, No.
Speaker 2: But what I'm what I mean by looking at that is that first line movement is professional. Yeah, so the money comes in first line move professional. Then there's closing line value, which is professionals at the end as to where the number actually closes, so opening line value and closing line value. So opening line value would say the right side is the Falcons, but we're getting a worse number than the opening line value. So there's money coming in on Atlanta and over ten and a half, it feels like Atlanta is the side. My only question would be why has this number stopped? So it's a Wednesday, so maybe the number comes in and we see over ten and a half. The number comes in, but in terms of the four games that we've listed, getting over ten and a half, getting over ten, going to ten and a half is the most attractive. Let me say that of a number.
Speaker 1: All right, So look, here's the deal. It's Wednesday. As we've said, we've got a lot more work to do to sort of get as much information as possible. And again you've got especially with COVID, where you've got random players suddenly sitting out and stuff like that. You's definitely change, but let's pencil them in. Then let's pencil it in here. Let's get we got a lot of we got Oh my god, we got three three numbers that are bordering around ten. We've got one over seven. Four of our five picks have lines over seven and a half. So I like that, all right. So here's what are pencil it rams getting one and a half from the Seahawks, Jaguars getting seven and a half from the Bears, Brown's laying nine and a half to the Jets, Ravens laying ten and a half to the Giants, and the Falcons getting ten and a half from the Chiefs. I kind of like those, Matt, and I also think that we have a few other games that I'd be willing to go with. Like I could see going with the Titans, Okay, we really went to I could see you talking me to the Raiders. I didn't think so at the time, but I could see about it. And if maybe people will talk you into the Bills laying seven and a half. But I don't know, you feel alright with this, Okay?
Speaker 2: I like your theory of big dogs and big favorites. Again, if we were going to I would rather have three to two dogs to favorites, which we do. So I like the fact that we're going more with underdogs here in week sixteen. It's just early speaking. The public has watched enough. The public starts laying favorites even heavier in seventeen and eighteen. Yeah, and in week sixteen seventeen rather yep, So I'm going I liked I liked these picks right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, me too, all right, very good, all right. So that's so. Just to be clear, this is the last week of the DraftKings contest. It only runs through week sixteen, Matt, your other two contests continue right through week seventeen. Now, regardless of the contest, we're still gonna be here. We'll just be talking the game and not putting them into contests, or we can maybe we'll come up with some fun game that we can have a little competition or something to do our best bets or something like that. But we will be here every week for this, we'll do the postseason. We'll have all the good things going. Maybe we'll get creative with some teasers and some two team teasers, which is the paral two team teasers. My favorite teasers eleven and six on the year. Yeah, you got a good one for this weekend. Get up you'll give it on the juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna. I'm gonna have to do well. I'm My theory is when there's more than one game on a day, I do it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So like I've got Christmas, I've got Saturday, I've got Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Okay, I'll have tea. There's an all three days on the juice.
Speaker 1: Well, Friday, there's only one game though.
Speaker 2: Right, I thought there was more than one on Friday, only one.
Speaker 1: I think Friday is just the Saints and the Vikings and then I'll three three on Saturday and then the rest on some So the NFL.
Speaker 2: Isn't going to go head to head with the NBA. Huh, that's smart, I guess whatever. Whatever, So then Saturday Sunday will be there'll be one each one one Saturday.
Speaker 1: Well, well, nothing will beat your two team Bills down to basically a pick and the Packers down to two or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I was talking to a book maker friend of mine. He was like, how much money did you put on that? It's like why, He's like, whatever you did, you should have put four times on it. Yeah, He's like, that.
Speaker 1: Was the I've been looking al ready for this week. The lines are sharp. I mean, at this point in the season, the lines are really good. So I haven't found one that I really liked, but that one I remember when you recommended it. I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody, every like, literally everyone I knew, had that teaser that was like the auto play teaser.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get creative here as we go in. But again, thanks for listening. Check out the Daily Juice if you want more of Matt's picks. He's you know, everybody. I'm sure if you listen to this podcast, you listen to Daily Juice because you're a smart gambler. Anyway, we'll be back as always next week, probably on Thursday again doing it normally, But until then, good luck with all your wagers this weekend.