Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phone tap, Karen, what's your phone tap about? Todor? Right? Well, Carrie wants to play a phone tap on her dad. Ray. Carrie is always asking her parents, you know, can I borrow some cash? And of course, like every parent, the parents say no to their daughter. So Carrie decided she was tired of being told no and decided this was a perfect time to phone tap Dad and say, hey, I borrowed some cash. So I'm going to start the call to Dad as a cashier from a department store saying we got a little problem. All right, let's see what happens. Today's phone tap. Well, Hi, I'm looking for Rapp please. Hey, Ray, this is Brad Cooper over at I have your wife here, it seems, and she was looking to make a purchase for a few pairs of jeans, and she was using her credit card. You know, we cannot put a purchase through without proper identification, so she asked us to give you a call to make sure everything's okay and we can put the purchase through either way.
Speaker 2: My wife supposed to be a work right now.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm pretty sure I'm looking at her right now. I mean, would you like to speak the phone? Okay, yeah, yeah, sure sure, hold on. Miss Earl is high? Yeah your husband, yeah, here you go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Samantha.
Speaker 1: Why do you work right now?
Speaker 2: You have a job, dad, Garry put your mother on the phone. Dad, what are you doing my credit card?
Speaker 1: Why is my credit card with you at some store?
Speaker 2: You don't have any money in your lot? So I needed money because I I just have her like get some stuff. And I said, I like, I left your aware of today. You're going to my wallet now. That's if you wake up and all of a sudden go to my wallets for me. I just needed money, and so I went and I just I your job. Now take my money that I don't think it was going to be that big a deal you stole. You're stealing right now. You're stealing fifth are you listening to your voice? Now? It's gonna be such a big deal right now? Can you just calm down? No, I'm not gonna calm down. This is a big deal. Why are you let me your voice? Or whether you put a skywriting in the dan sky you don't think of right? Credit card?
Speaker 1: I well go buy things will be Milly you the last time you stole from me, Give me that.
Speaker 2: Then you went into the spring break with your friends River two thousand dollars. I was out two thousand dollars. I had to bar from your stupid uncle.
Speaker 1: Two thousand dollars. I couldn't pay my car.
Speaker 2: Note that much River that carry?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: What's the matter with you? Raised you to be a thief? That? I raised you the things? Okay, to go a lot of followes, take wherever you want. I told you about it. I told you all about it in the dollar your car. I was gonna get it back later. It's not a big deal. Can you just calm down? How you gotta pay me back later? Did you imagine you get a job all of a sudden, what happens? You don't want to do for you any You don't do anything? Please? Can't you just like put it through a pnise. I'll pay you back later.
Speaker 1: I don't think you understand what the words paid me back means.
Speaker 2: You still only two thousand dollars when you blew that money at spring break? What the you? What the jeans guy the phone?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You just stop and just there call just put the jeans guy back on the phone. Excuse me, sir, Yes, all right, I'm so sorry. We're good to go. Were not go?
Speaker 1: All right, so we're all good to go. I have not.
Speaker 2: Authorized any transact on my credit card.
Speaker 1: It's not my wife. I'm sorry. I'm just a little confused here. So it is your credit card, it is your wife, and you don't want to do.
Speaker 2: It's my credit card that my daughter, who was standing in front of you, took out of my wallet without my authorization. I am not paying for jeans. Ah, oh, it's right, yeah, exactly what the purchase through.
Speaker 1: Take my credit card.
Speaker 2: Letting your register, whatever you gotta do is holding. I'm going to come down there right now. I give my credit card. Do not give it back to my daughter, who I'm going to try to use it somewhere else.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, hold on and take and let me just uh excuse me, ma'am. I'm gonna have to ask you to stay here for a second. We have a problem on the phone. I'm going to uh.
Speaker 2: Just oh no, I'm just gonna go. Can I just put it on my credit card, give it a credit card, you give it a credit card. I'm gonna come down there and well.
Speaker 1: I think It will all make sense now once I tell you my name is Garrett from Elvis Durant in the Morning Show, and you just got a phone tap on your daughter.
Speaker 2: I got Dad works, my credit card I have, but I'll back. I won't buy anything better. I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Elvis Duran's phone tap. This phone table was pre recorded with permission granted by all participants. The Elvis Oran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show.