Speaker 1: You're listening to Jojo Siwa Now with me Jojo Siwa and iHeart Radio Podcast. Welcome back to this lovely thing we like to call Jojo Siwa. Now. Now, I would say grabby box of tissues, But honestly, this is probably gonna be funny more than it is sad. I'm gonna be talking about the five times in my life that I like, really couldn't stop crying. There's a lot more than five, but I've narrowed it down to some of my favorites. A lot of these actually are stories that I'm actually pretty sure. All of them are stories that I've never really shared before. Some of them have different meanings. Some of them are happy tears, some of them are sad tears. I'm not necessarily a crier, but if I get like emotionally frustrated, boom, it is waterworks every single time. I mean, I feel like that's normal, Like that's everybody in the world when you get emotionally frustrated. But nonetheless I am one of those people. Anyways, y'all, it has been such a good few fucking weeks before I get into this. Oh my god, it has literally been the best time of my life. Getting to do all these pride fests. It's been so fun getting to the set. Now Guilty Pleasure, Oh my gosh, the EP. I'm so excited for all this music to finally be out.
Speaker 2: It's been years in.
Speaker 1: The making, and uh, it's been a fight to get my vision exactly the way that I want it.
Speaker 2: But we are here.
Speaker 1: We are queer, and we are so fucking happy to be alive, and I am so soaked. Y'all, if you haven't already, go check out Guilty Pleasure, and Uh, without any further ado, let's dive in to the five times I couldn't stop crying now. First one, we're actually starting this off kind of sad. First one's probably about as sad as it gets. That lies personally for me. The third one, but for for y'all, you're gonna be like, oh that's dad, you were.
Speaker 2: A little baby.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So the first time first one, and I'm gonna talk about is actually when I was on my very first TV show, and this was my first experience with hate and online bullying and how foul this world is. It was after the first episode at aired, and if you don't know adc Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition is the first show that I was on. First TV show. Its reality show. It essentially was, you know, start with twelve dancers.
Speaker 2: One gets eliminated.
Speaker 1: Every single week, you dance, you to a challenge. It's fun, it's reality TV show, it's Abby Lee, It's a Dance Mom spinoff.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So I was on season two of the show. I was the youngest. I was nine years old during filming. I was ten years old when it came out. So I was just I mean, I was a baby. Anyways, the first episode airs and Abby posted something on her Instagram. Abby Lee had said, you know, who do you want to go home next week? And I read the comments as one does at ten years old, and it was every single one was jojo jojo jojo jojo jojo jojo jojo. Every single comment was jojo. And I broke down and like I was, I mean, I was a baby. I don't think i'd ever really like cried, cried like that. I'd never been sad, said like that, and I my mom says she'll never forget the visual like me walking down the stairs as she was sitting in the living room and our stairs kind of connected to our living room. So like at the last five stairs you could see into the living room and living roo. We could see to the stairs, and I mean, I can picture it too. I had little braids in my hair and I walked down the stairs like red face, sobbing. Now think about me is when I cry, I cry like cry, cry, cry, cry, and like you can tell that I have been crying. I get a web face. It is very dramatic and I can't pull it together when I'm crying. Anyways, So I come down their I was like who and she was like, oh my god, what happened?
Speaker 2: Like are you okay?
Speaker 1: And I was like yeah, just look what everyone's saying. And she was like what do you mean? And I was like, look at Abby's post and she was reading it. She was like Jojo, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: And I was like what is it. She was like, do you go home?
Speaker 1: And I was like, well no, and she was like okay, So then why do you care what these people are saying? And I was like, because they're being so mean and she.
Speaker 2: Said no, they're not.
Speaker 1: She said they're saying your name and I said huh, And I like kind of like pause for a second, like they're saying your name. They're not saying anyone else's name. They know you and they know your name. And funny enough, I'm just literally just thinking about this now. I'm just realizing this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: That was the start of me being people's guilty pleasure. No pun intended, Absolutely pun intended. But I uh yeah, that was kind of my first experience with like true internet hate. And it was hard for me to understand that because I didn't understand why everyone wanted me to go home, you know, so obviously my mind goes, they want me to go home because they hate me, you know what I mean? And uh, I didn't understand that it was just a reality TV show and that's how it's going to be in like the like least favorite is actually the favorite. That's like the weirdest thing about reality TV is the least favorite is actually the favorite.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at like at.
Speaker 1: Fucking vander Pump, like Tom Sandival like is is like he is vander Pump right now. He is the show right now. Without him, that show wouldn't be at what it is. And it's like the villain of the story arc of a reality show is normally the one that like is carrying it on their back, and of course vander Pump is very accessful cast. But think about it, and that's the good dance moms. People say Abby was the villain, and honestly like a villain or not to me, like she carried that fucking show.
Speaker 2: On her back.
Speaker 1: Would not have been possible without her, and that's that's that. So I guess ADC, I wasn't a villain, but I was the hater one. I mean it couldn't be the villain. I was literally nine. Yeah, I was really upset that night, and I will I'll never forget that. That kind of got my hate experience started, and then I just got fucking used to it. Here I am today still getting aided on which ry I wrote a song about it. Fun fact, bitch I wrote guilty Pleasure suck It. I also wrote yesterday, tomorrows today, just saying.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. It absolutely doesn't matter anyway.
Speaker 1: Second time is after my first Pride concert in Miami. This was back April fourteenth. I know it's April fourteenth because I actually have a hoodie that says Miami Pride, and I put the wrong data on the hoodie that was my fault I put April fifteenth. Anyways, it was April fourteenth. It was my first live performance as an adult, and I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed after. I didn't really know how to feel right after. I was very numb. Like I came out station, I was like, what the just happened? Because I didn't expect it to be a success, Like I thought there was gonna be like a couple hundred people there, like I don't know, and it was crazy. There was fifty five thousand people. The singing of Karma was actually insane and I've never heard anything like it while performing before. And so I came out stations. I was just kind of in shocked, and I was like, did I do good? Like I kept asking my mom like was I okay?
Speaker 2: Did I do good?
Speaker 1: Like did I fuck up? Like I don't know what to think right now? Did I go full out? And like it was really questioning everything. And then all of a sudden, the president of Miami probably came up to it was like, hey, we want you to know that you set the record for the most people in attendance. There was fifty five thousand people watching. We have never seen anything like that, like, I hope you're really proud of yourself. And when he said that, I looked at him and I actually, I do this thing with my best friend Malia where we take a lap and we just run away. And I took a lap. I literally ran away and squatted down. I started sobbing, stood up, and I was like, I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I'm just so happy, so sad, like I'm sobbing, I'm I'm not sad, like I'm happy, and I couldn't pull it together, but I was just I was so overwhelmed with like a confused feeling of like how am I supposed to feel right now? And then it was just like the most happy feeling, like we fucking did it, and that that made me really happy.
Speaker 2: That made me really proud.
Speaker 1: Ah see this one, this third one is the like heart wrencher for me.
Speaker 2: This one's very hard.
Speaker 1: So I have a best friend and for the sake of this podcast, we're gonna call this best friend who what's a fun name? All right, I'm gonna use the code name that they call me, So they call me Julian. So whenever we're in public, they're like what's up, Julian, And uh, that's kind of like our running joke. Anyways, So their name is not Julian, but for right now, for this story, I'm gonna call it Julian. It it is crazy, I'm gonna call her Julian. So me and this friend, we are best best best friends. We recently became friends last year, right on my twentieth birthday, so we've been friends for a little over a year. Doing meet those people that you just like click with and you just bond with immediately and you're like, you're my people.
Speaker 2: How did I have a life before you? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyways, So this is Julian. I kind of like calling her that. Now I'm gonna steal it. Julian and I were very much so like that. We got very close, very fast, and it was a lot of fun. We have a very common interest and we just we bonded.
Speaker 2: Anyways. They have a.
Speaker 1: Job where they work on a cruise ship, and so they are always always busy, always working, always on a cruise and then they have a couple months off here and there, and then they're back on ship working and so Seria hard dang out. It's very hard to see them. But anyways, they actually came to La for a week and we hung out for a week and it was amazing.
Speaker 2: They stayed at the house. We had so much fun together.
Speaker 1: She's literally the best fucking humor of my best friend, Like just having the best time, so many laughs, so many good times. Anyways, the morning came where I had to take her to the airport and say goodbye, and that I mean I was like half strong while we were at the airport.
Speaker 2: I really was, And I told her, I was like, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: I was like the tears are coming, Like you got to go now, and like we have a very like fun relationship where it's like very like dickheady, like very buntery, like we are not nice for.
Speaker 2: Each other, but like we love each other with all of our hearts. And I was like, dude, you got to get the fuck out of here right now, Like you cannot see me cry because I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Miss you you And it was just it was hard because we got to spend a week together, and then I was like, we are like not going to see each other for so long.
Speaker 2: This is sick, twisted, devious, sinister.
Speaker 1: Evil, and so I yeah, I just started melting down and got in the car and when I tell you, the forty five minute car ride home from.
Speaker 2: The airport, that's the hardest I've ever cried in my life.
Speaker 1: And then I came home and I was like, you know what, clearly, I just need to be sad right now. Came in, came in my bedroom and just kept crying. And I cried for probably another hour, and I got up and worked out, cried while I worked out, Like it was like days worth of crying. It was a lot. It was very hard. I don't know why it hit me very so hard. But I am a lover and like when it comes to my friends and my people, like I just love to give, give, give attention, and so I got really used to being able to give her that attention in that week and it was so fun and like just like the literal best times. And then all of a sudden she had to go and go back to work and I was like, what is this bullshit? Absolutely not, so I stopped. But nonetheless, we got to see each other couple months later. We're gonna get see each other in a couple months. It's great. Our friendship works, and we have a lot of fun. Anyways, that's that one that was my like sad one. This one's cute, not gonna lie. When I was like five years old, we went on to Disney Cruise. Didn't understand the concept of the safety like drill thought we were going down in flames, like thought the boat was sinking for sure. So started stobbing then couldn't stop. My parents were like, you need a can it? And I didn't can it. And the second time it was also on the same trip, same Disney cruise. When it was over, I had the best time. It was five Like a Disney cruisal. Five yearld is the coolest thing ever. Disney cruise to anybody's coolest thing ever. But five year old, you like really think you're on the ship would Mackey fucking mouse, Like it's the best time ever. And like saying goodbye they make it so sad. They sing the songs, No, it's time to say goodbye, doll family, m I see k U y m o us and like that's sick twisted dbs to a five year old.
Speaker 2: It's like, how how are you gonna do that to a five year old? That is mean cruel?
Speaker 1: So I was sobbing Deva say, this is a really good picture of me where I'm red in the face, just sobbing. Last one, I'm actually I'm gonna give you a little bit of a bonus one after this last one, but quick. Last one is Dream the Tour. Honestly, like every beginning leg of Dream the Tour, first show and every last show on Dream the Tour, I would always sob I'd stop because I was so grateful and I saw because I was so.
Speaker 2: Sad it was over.
Speaker 1: It was just non stop tears. The worst was the last last show ever on Dream the Tour. I was sobbing on stage the old night because I was like, oh my god, the last time I'm gonna sing word party, oh my god, the last time I'm gonna sing time to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, last time.
Speaker 1: Like every single song you got water works, every single one, okay, and the last last little bonus and then I'm gonna give you is on Special Forces. Honestly, I cried every day on Special Forces come day one, like so the way Special Force was edited, and I never really like to give like insider scoop to how TV shows are edited.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna go into for a second for this one.
Speaker 1: So if you watch Special Forces episode one, they use an interview with me where I'm crying to the DS saying that I missed my family.
Speaker 2: That was actually on day six.
Speaker 1: But to make Special Forces makes sense, you know, they do have to edit in, they have to play certain storylines earlier and later, and so it's a Teve.
Speaker 2: Show, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, that was at day six and day one, I'm not gonna lie have stoked, Like I was like, fuck, yeah, I'm alone for the first time. Whoo whoop, like newly twenty year old, let's party it up. And come day three, I was like, I'm so sad. I was like, this is the sadest day of my life. Like every day, every day I gave you waterworks, I gave you tears. I would go out and I uh, I one way I would comfort myself as I would talk to the Moon. And I grew up very close relationship with the Moon, because as I grew close to my other fellow recruits, I would are especially.
Speaker 2: Nick and Tyler.
Speaker 1: You didn't really have anyone that you already knew, And so I talked to the moon and it sounds cheesy, but you get delusional. And so I was like, hey, Moon, I need you to deliver these messages for me. And I would talk to my best friends, and I would talk to my family, and I'd talk to my parents, and I would trust that the moon delivered those messages safely. And the reason why it brought me comfort is because I was like, no matter where my people are, they are going to see this same moon. And for some reason, like I love doing that. If like one of my friends is having a bad dan and I'm not there to comfort them, I'll be like, hey, go outside real quick, look at the moon. No that I can't see you and I can't hugue, but we are looking at the same thing right now. And that to me like brought me so much comfort on Special Forces, and honestly it's something that I still use to the day. But yeah, no, Special Forces gave you waterworks. I could not stop crying all the time on Special Forces. Like those times I was like, Okay, you gotta pull it together, like this is getting psycho like five. I end fine to find it, but you just, I mean, you could. I never cried like during a task, but I always cried after the task, The one that got me the most is the shooting task, because I was I don't know, I always feel like I told this story and I'm always like, I've never told this story publicly before, but I've definitely had to say that before. And so I have told this story publicly, but I don't tell it often. I was in a shooting when I was a kid. I was five years old in the Vonmar shooting in Omaha, Nebraska, and it was me and my mom and it was very scary. We were on our way to the register where the armed gunman went and we my mom actually ended up as we were going to that register, she looked at the skirt again that she was gonna buy, and she realized it didn't have sequence on the back, and so she was like, you know what, it's an expensive skirt, Like it doesn't even have a sequence on the back, Like let's just go. And as we were like like putting it back to go, that's when he went to that register. And so it was very very scary, and like I obviously, like I mean, I was five years old, and so I don't like I don't.
Speaker 2: Remember the like I don't remember it.
Speaker 1: But for some reason while driving through the gunfire on Special Forces, like my brain and body like went into like whoa, like full body trauma response, Like it was something that I'd never experienced before, which was crazy anyway, So.
Speaker 2: I ended Special Forces. This was the bonus that I was trying to get to.
Speaker 1: After the show ended, you turn in your armband, right, and so ds Billy kept He keeps everybody's arm bands from all of his seasons. And he messaged me and he was like, hey, I want to send you something, like what's your address?
Speaker 2: Opened it up.
Speaker 1: It was a purse that his wife had made, and then it also was my arm band and he was like, I really He was like normally I keep these, but I thought you would really like it, and like we loved having you.
Speaker 2: You were a joy to us.
Speaker 1: And when I touched it, my like, I like just like broke, like it took me right back there.
Speaker 2: It was very scary. It was very weird, very weird feeling for my body.
Speaker 1: So Special Forces got a lot of tears out of me, but a lot of good tears. Can't complain very grateful I happened. Very grateful I did it. I cry when things are over, and so that's a that's a good thing for me. And once my voice is over, I sobbed.
Speaker 2: James Jr. Soab Mas Sanger sobbed Dance while I'm sobbed.
Speaker 1: Dancing with the Stars, Oh my god, saw me at the end of Dance with the Stars was so bad. Jenna was like, Jojo, you look like a sore, fucking loser right now. Pull it together. And I was like, I am not crying because we got second. I am crying because it's done. And she was like, I know that everyone knows that, but anyone who doesn't know you was thinking you're crying because you got a second.
Speaker 2: I was like, I could care less. I'm just sad it's over. Anyways, that's enough.
Speaker 1: I kind of gave you like seven or eight things that made me cry and made me keep crying. I hope you enjoyed this episode of Jojo Zema Now. I love you all so much. Thank you so much for listening. Be sure to check out Guilty Pleasure everywhere you listen to music.
Speaker 2: My new EP. I'm so happy with it.
Speaker 1: You can get my sick ass Karma merch if you go to Jojaca dot com.
Speaker 2: I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Be good, Be safe. Remember Karma's a bitch. Remember I'm a guilty pleasure. Remember to choose your fighter, and choose them wiser for sure. Remember that yesterday is tomorrow's today. And if you don't know what that means, really think about it and one day I'll explain it one day promise. That is I love y'all.
Speaker 2: This is thank you so much for listening, everybody.
Speaker 1: Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at Jojesua Now podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to write us a
Speaker 1: Review and maybe, if you're feeling to leave us five stars, I'll see you next week