Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome to the Almost Smous podcast. Today we wanted to talk about Katie Thurston's wedding over the weekend. We're so happy for her and Jeff. This was quite a surprise, but we do want to acknowledge before we go into the wedding details that Katie did post something the yesterday that is disappointing news for sure. She says that she has that her cancer may have progressed from stage three to stage four because there are some spots on her liver. She had them biop seed yesterday Tuesday, and she found them on the scan last week. This all happened in the midst of them doing a last minute wedding.
Speaker 3: Obviously, we just had an interview with Katie last week. I would recommend you go back and listen to that. Katie shares a lot of wisdom and insight and thoughts about this whole process so far, and also really celebrates her fiance now husband that we're going to talk about in just second, Jeff. When it comes to Katie's current situation, though the results are not in yet, In fact, there is a message that Katie put out there that e or that People Magazine shared about. And it's a text message that Katie has or a direct message. It's on the Booby Broadcast.
Speaker 2: See the Booby Broadcast. I follow it. It's on Instagram. You can if you go to her what profile, you'll be able to figure out how to subscribe to it. It's got fifty five thousand members and basically she texts you every day about how she's feeling or any tests or procedures that she's had done.
Speaker 3: The message isn't isn't long, so I'm just going to read through it. It says my biopsy is scheduled Friday, which would have been my treatment day. We now wait. She and I think Katie's prior referring to her doctor, she seemed to be leaning more on the cancer and the liver verse optimistic. It was nothing this would put me at stage four. Katie says, I'd love to hear from my sisters who are in stage four in terms of quality of life, motherhood, etc. This is the message that Katie shared. The results are not back yet, so we are waiting with Katie and this this did change her treatment plan that Katie went into with us last week and kind of what her ideal treatment plan was going to look like. Obviously this is now changed. This is just news that isn't just heavy. It's life stopping for Katie, but also for us who are following along in this journey with her, who are familiar with this journey. It's life stopping and it makes everybody take a step back. And we're taking a step back to be in support of Katie as she waits for the results. And I also just want to share a quick message and say it's very and Katie talked about this as well, but it is very kind of Katie to be so vulnerable and open with all of us during this experience. She could this is one of those we say often, you know, hey, you went on a Raley television show. You should be talking about your relationships and breakups and all that. This is a moment where she could easily stay quiet, but instead she's building a community of others who are going through this and herself and support. And I just want to say thank you to Katie for allowing us in and now we wait with Katie for the results.
Speaker 2: This is what Katie said last week about her people, saying that she's brave.
Speaker 4: But a lot of people say, like, you're so brave for sharing your story, and I do appreciate that gesture, but for me, it's also it's been it's been such a help for me to share my story and to have people who've been shared theirs. And so there's a lot of people who, for their own personal reasons, choose to battle in silence and in private, and you know that's their own choice. But I do find something so supportive of being part of a group, being part of a chat, anything you can find to talk to other survivors. It's probably been like the biggest medicine for me since officially coming out with the public and sharing my story.
Speaker 2: Actually, that People article is a little bit outdated because yesterday Katie was able to go get her port placement in and they were able to do the liver biobously at the same time, since the radiologist could get a good read, she said, with an ultrasound instead of a seat skin. She said, she's tired, she's nasea, she's in pain, she's home in resting. She's anticipating the results next week, but she's feeling optimistic.
Speaker 3: She said, we'll take a left turn here to talk about what happened before all this, which is this weekend Katie got married. We want to celebrate that here. This is a big deal, a very exciting time. She looked absolutely gorgeous. It's their pictures. If you go back through and look at her social media, they will make you smile because of the joy that is expressed on both of their faces. This was not talked about during our interview with Katie. She kept it a secret to everybody, which is fine, but I'm a little sad that she didn't talk about it here.
Speaker 2: I like to pretend that she actually just did it so spurred the moment that she planned it after our last Wednesday in her with her. It's been one week today since she talked to us, and she did an interview with Katie with Sarah Herron of US Weekly. Not our Sarah Harrin, but Sarah Harron, the reporter from US Weekly. She sat down with her just around the same time that we talked to her, and she told her that they had just last minute said hey, parents, come fly in. We're going to do a little backyard ceremony.
Speaker 3: Jeff and Katie. Obviously we're talked about a lot during our time with her, and what I picked up from that interview with her Ashley, is that Jeff has been not only an incredible support system, he did stop his tour that was a global tour to be with her during this time. As she after she first heard of her diagnosis and found out about her diagnosis. He is, you know, I'm sure plans are up in the air at this point. He was planning on going back on tour starting I think it was next week here within the States, and she was very supportive of that and excited about that. But this huge announcement that the two of them got married in this ceremony is just a beautiful moment to celebrate the two of them. As I said earlier, this recent news from Katie makes us all kind of have this life stopping moment where we take a step back. This is also a life stopping moment and one to celebrate. Because Katie Thurston is married. That is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're so happy for her in this part of her life. She said that they are still going to have the big wedding that they have been imagining over the past few months. You and I talked to her about her wedding plans, and this is what she said last Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Funny enough, I was dragging my feet on wedding planning, you know. I was more wanting to elobe. And now given the diagnosis, it feels like there's something really special about being able to celebrate the love that Jeff and I have and then to be celebrating that with friends and family on a big, grand scale. And so my outlook on just even like wedding planning has shifted because life is so precious and you just never know what kind of surprises are going to come your way.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, she's still planning on having that big party blowout later this year.
Speaker 3: So here's where we stand now. We're waiting for the biops results to come back. We are in support here at the Almost Famous Podcast to continue to share the news of Katie's journey's journey with all of you because she has also been so open and vulnerable during her experience, and we will relay the messaging without any assumptions and guesses and wild ideas and thoughts. We will just relay the messages and the information that she shares with us publicly on social media with you. The listener here at the Almost Famous podcast and we will wait for that as kind of the Week continues. But we're also sharing this podcast because our original intention and still our intention, is to say congratulations to Jeff and Katie on a beautiful wedding, a beautiful relationship, a relationship that is built in a firm on a firm foundation, and we wish you many, many, many many years of love and laughter and life and experiences because the two of you bring all those things to so many.
Speaker 2: That was so perfectly said Ben, Katie. We're thinking about you and praying for you always. You got this, sending you.
Speaker 3: All our love till next time.
Speaker 2: I've Been Ben, I've Been Ashley.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.