Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a.
Speaker 1: Look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Keen with Paul Sweeni and Bloomberg's John Tucker doing the Stock Movers. It's a podcast, John, what do you have?
Speaker 2: Well, it's unclear at this point whether President Trump what he's going to exactly raise with the Chinese president during this trip, and whether or not there are concerns that relate specifically to Nvidia. Jensen Wong kind of like joined at the very last minute on this trip. The big ticket item that would be seeking Beijing's approval for Chinese customers to buy in Vidia's advanced H two hundred chips, those products that used to train and run models like chat GPT. They've always required Washington's permission for export to China. The big concern is that the US things the technology could boost the military in China. Shares a Minimax Group and Knowledge Atlass Technology that's a joint stock that's sword in Hong Kong. Investors are betting that the Chinese AI developers are gaining access to the Invidia accelerators.
Speaker 1: So they're part of the Invidia story.
Speaker 2: They're part of the Invidia story. Some more powerful accelerators is going to be good for these companies. Investors seem to be excited at Jensen Wang's joining Trump on this trip.
Speaker 1: He wants to sell Invidia to China.
Speaker 2: Well, China also has restriction. I mean it goes both ways, so both ways. The team Trump, you'll recall, granted the licenses several months ago and kind of a reversal of US policy in a pretty big win for Nvidia at the time. But Beijing at this point they do remain the hold up. China central government has complained about US export controls and advanced technology. They also want to achieve degree of self sufficiency in semiconductors and boosts some of the domestic champions in China, So there's that end of it. Another company we're following cloud computing provider Nevius Group. They're actually out of the Netherlands, but when you have a six hundred and eighty four percent jump in first quarter sales, yeah you take notice. They're attributing this to increased demand for its data centers revenues three hundred and ninety nine million dollars for the quarter, slightly above expectations. Eb adjusted earnings before he enters, taxes, depreciation, and amortization, all of which you pain in cash one hundred and twenty nine point five million dollars. Remember they had a loss during the same period last year. Nebbus competes with core Weave and a range of Neo cloud startups. They ran out computing resources to AI developers, pretty costly business, lots of competition, especially from the largest cloud operators in Silicon Valley. You got one more well, we got to do. Mister Son's company investment in open Ai paying off for soft Bega. They reported a surge in quarterly profit. Most of it was because of that investment. The results say just probably the company is going to make an even bigger bet on the chat GPT maker.
Speaker 1: So they got something right.
Speaker 2: They got something right, and I don't see much elsewhere. It's really going really right for mister Son company at this point. So expect perhaps, I mean that's the betting. At this point, they're going to make a bigger investment in the open AI.
Speaker 1: And the stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Two