Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 2: Now your hosts Bury Church, HECKM Harrison, de Montrey Moore, and Newi Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Here it is. It is time for the players lines. We appreciate you being up in here. We are coming to UNI from the Star in Frisco. C s w b C podcast. You got heck Ma Harrison, We got the bagman himself. Yes, indeed, Church Golf baby shrugs, No bag.
Speaker 4: Bag got the track case though, it's a bag of the All right, glad you got in here.
Speaker 5: Church. I was worried he's gonna find Park because I.
Speaker 4: Got the r v's out there and all that.
Speaker 3: Man, that's that's pretty cool, though, American know the Academy a country musical am am in the building.
Speaker 5: We go all your favorite? Can you name three country artists? Garth Brooks that's one. Came out hot, came in hot with books, no places? All right, what's what?
Speaker 4: Dolly Parton, Dolly Park, Dolly Parton. Still, hey, you gotta pull out this one more than dollary part. Yeah, about to give me something. I had a one in this decade.
Speaker 6: Man, I got nothing. You got that man, I got nothing, man, Kenny Chesney, he's popular. They like combined effort. All right, this post Malone considered the Country Now he covers it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's coming stealing his out, you know Country today guys. He just keep playing him. That's all he do, post playing him.
Speaker 7: He remember post is f o j What friend of Jerry? Yeah, Okay, days, I'm done.
Speaker 3: I've done the boy wailing Jennings Dukes of Hazard Money night Football.
Speaker 4: Come on, Morgan Morgan, Morgan Wallah, another one.
Speaker 5: Got a bunch of Luke's like Luke Bran got out by Dale Aaron Hart.
Speaker 3: He might be he might be a guessing like Tim McGraw, Kenny Rogers, Conway Twitty, Eddie Rabbit. There's another Luke out there. It's like Luke Bryan, Luke Bryan Comb. There you go, isn't that Duke Chris didn't didn't he?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yeah he did something to Hooty and the Blowfish considered Darry Darius Rucker. Okay, yes he is country brother.
Speaker 8: Yeah you brother, Charlie Pride. We in there we'll know you know, Oh God, knew, Come on with it.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: The last black dude I saw was was a cane Brown.
Speaker 4: Is that a name?
Speaker 5: Yes? Brown, Yes, Shabooza. Needless to say, the three of us won't be there. Probably not going to find you on Friday night, he stated him. Either right, what's a tn T saying on Friday? What Jerry got cooking? Post malone and jelly roll? No, no, no, I told you tn T.
Speaker 3: When Jerry brings the source of awards, he into the forest Toner. I'm here, let's go okay, let's somebody getting the show nights live, the live broadcast from Sugar Night wherever he's locked up at.
Speaker 5: Then I'm there, damn him. Zoom in exactly.
Speaker 3: I want some source awards here, Jerry, you got all these trailers out here right now? Man, you know the source of wheel need no trailers escalating? Heck was sponsorty.
Speaker 5: We have thirteen, we have thirty. I'm not gonna touch that.
Speaker 3: George, man, George Pickens is a cowboy traded from the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 5: Uh, somebody here's a static yes, heck, ma Harrison, that would be I I love it.
Speaker 4: He's the different son, I love it. Let me hear something about it. I hope him was done for injected that. Hope you get that new bat.
Speaker 5: No, wait a minute, Wait a minute, guys, wait a minute. When you heard of it?
Speaker 6: When when the trade came down five something, well three something in the morning, when everybody started to find out that Jerry was making moves. Nothing about that, at least to you said. If we've been talking about the wide receiver room, We've been talking about all the rooms basically, and we were like, hey, the one that you need to get a player in right now is the wide receiver room.
Speaker 4: Yes, and so you went from pee wee herman in that room to the loop to loop farigno. Okay, you know what I'm saying in the wide receiver room. And so what I was looking for was a difference maker.
Speaker 6: And I know that in hindsight or just in the past, Jerry has been trying to recycle guys that their better days were behind him. And I applaud him for not trying to sell this fan base on a player that uck man. We remember him ten years ago being that guy. But this we don't know what we're getting with a guy like George Pickens, you understand with him coming into this offense, it gives your one hundred and twenty million dollar quarterback an opportunity to have playmakers on both sides. The down and distance that I worry about as a Cowboy fan is third and eight. Anytime you're in those situations, I know that you have a safety and barried Church that's gonna sit on the sticks and wait on you to run that post so I can coulcuss somebody.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 6: You can't do that now in this offense. And look, and with all of that being said, this is what all in looks like as far as a draft, as far as free agency, when these are the types of moves that we were I'm sure Mike McCarthy kicked some.
Speaker 5: From the draft. Where was this at the deadline? You could have did this so Withmingo. But look, I'm not gonna do that to Mic.
Speaker 6: But I just feel like, man, you are giving Brian Schottenheimer the tools to be successful. I think this offense with Ceedee Lamb and George Pickens can be dynamic. I'm not looking at the NFC champion. I'm not doing that. I'm looking at the NFC East that's it. I'm not looking at I'm not looking at no other place but the NFC East, and it makes you competitive in your divisi.
Speaker 5: I liked it.
Speaker 4: Thought it was a solid, solid trade for the Dallas Cowboys because when you talk about the receiver room, Pickings he fixed that.
Speaker 5: He fits that criteria.
Speaker 4: When you talk about a guy like Ceedee Lamb, who they love to move all over the place slot, you know, put him in bunches motions when you got when you got a guy like Pickens, he's gonna be that that X ride receiver, that guy on the outside that doesn't need to work in the slot, doesn't need to take reps away from Ceedee Lamb in the slot and get moved around. He could win those one on ones. He's a fifty to fifty you know, guy that can go up there and get those jump balls and understand that. And he runs the posts and digs and all that good stuff, big physical receiver yards after catch.
Speaker 5: He has all that. So he fits that criteria of a wide receiver room.
Speaker 4: My thing is, I don't know if George Pickens takes you from eight wins to ten or twelve wins. Yeah, I don't know about that. There's still a lot of questions on this roster left. So when people, you know, hit me on the hey, you see what they did with George Pickens all this day, that's playoff bound. I'm not so sure right now. There's a lot of holes where we talk about the trenches of the defense. Can that defensive line, you know, Stan Putt and make sure they can stop the run? What are we gonna do at the second level with the linebackers? House did is coming back on that outside? Is Ferguson gonna take that leapers he gonna stay kind of a flat lined where he was last year?
Speaker 5: What about the running game? I mean, it's just a lot of different questions out there.
Speaker 4: But I do believe picking up George Pickens makes that wide receiver room competitive against people where they can't just double CD LANs to open him up a little bit. But overall, I'm not sure this is the guy that takes you from a eight wins to a ten twelve wins just like that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I gotta see it.
Speaker 4: I gotta see him, you know, mature out there on a football field, But we'll see. I think it was a solid pick up overall, though, Was it a guy that you feel like at least gives you if you come if your predictions on the season were this is an eight win team, George Pickens can be the difference between a nine, maybe a ten, maybe an extra win in that column. And all I'm saying is when we talk about Jake Ferguson, and this is interesting that you bring him up, because I'm like, man, if Jake Ferguson was Kittle Kelsey like I wanted him, like yeah, yeah, you, maybe you wouldn't even be making this move to go out and get the pickings because you would already have that dynamic already on your team. But I think if you look at the dynamic duos all over the NFL, those third receivers in Cincinnati they eat that tight end they eat for the Eagles, they eat. So a guy like Jake Ferguson, when you have a George Pickens and a CD Lamb out there at the same time, your third receiver and Jonathan Mingo, that opens up everything because now you're going to get safeties in linemock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spent the day talking to a lot of different people reading and my first thought is always what is the what's the cost of the trade and when I heard third at first went wow, it's a lot, especially considering that this team next year's still gonna have needs in a third round.
Speaker 5: I mean a good third round pick.
Speaker 3: Me think in terms of like a DeMarco Murray, former NFL officer Player of the Years. We've seen threes be valuable. Russell Wilson was a third round pick. Mean, third round picks are are are there can be, they can be good players. This was worth it as the more I talk to different people, there's like a third round pick for this type of player is on point, and to get a third round wide receiver probably would not be to the level of what George Pickens. That's true people, because I always say this, Read the entire scouting board, the whole thing, not just a good part you like, because there's a lot of good parts about George Pickens, but read the whole thing. Read the whole thing about Sean Lee Hey, instinctive player, heavy player, but injuries, Leyton vander ash There's a whole bunch of medicals on there. But you know what, Hey, good player, really good player, Ezekiel Elliott, Hey, good football player on the field, off the field, Watch out des Briant. We saw the whole days Brian, the good, the bad, earth thing, earth thing, the Scotting report.
Speaker 5: Here's the same.
Speaker 3: It's a good football player. This this can be a Jimmy Johnson difference makers. This can be a difference maker. He's gotta get me, just Mike Thomas. It got mature, that's true. And so for a third round pick, for this type of talent, you gotta work on the maturity part, which is why he was available to you.
Speaker 5: You do this, you make this trade, and the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys finally gave their fans what they wanted in terms of a real off season of moves that say, Okay, the football team got better. The football team got I think last year they may have been a little bit shell shocked or didn't even understand how much depth was lost and trying to fool themselves.
Speaker 5: This is all No, you're not. You weren't.
Speaker 3: They didn't fool themselves a saft season. I look at the draft, I look at what they've done, and for many people, and I think the Cowboys they would have loved to have had Tech McMillan around and drafted him at eight. Some people didn't like it, but a lot of people like Teed McMillan. Be in the book Brian brought us who works right here with us a Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 5: He said, you got you got a better tech McMillan. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if somebody tells you you're gonna walk out of here in the off season, what a better technic? Milling and Tyler Booker and Donovan az Aroku guy who can ben coming off the edge? And Savone Ravel, a guy who before the A c L had ah a possibility of getting in the first run.
Speaker 5: By the way I met him, Dude, the cat, big dude, big dude. I mean yeah.
Speaker 3: Nikka even said you know what, man, I want my corners to look like that, and you looked up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, A big cat.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: That's that's a big cat right there. So I think if you're a Cowboy fan, you got the hope you wanted. You wanted a receiver. They didn't bring you up here. Brandon Cooks, who used to be good. Here's a guy who is on the way up. And if you pair him with C. D.
Speaker 5: Lamb and you say, uh, have fun leaving him one on one.
Speaker 3: And what he does best in terms of catching the foot is what Dak Prescott does best as throwing the football.
Speaker 5: This could be good tooth tooth. So is this kind of like a one year thing?
Speaker 4: Like because he's about to get another deal, right, he wants in my because he's still want a drunkie deal, right if he was was a second rounder?
Speaker 6: So this is yees, this is it's a one year deal. Can't stand to a fifth yard. You gotta sign him. You gotta sign them right.
Speaker 5: At the I'll say this nicely.
Speaker 4: Some players you want on the one year d some players is good. So this is a contract yet for yes, this is the contract. So with that being said, this is a contract year. You know he's gonna want to eat. You know, he's gonna want to go out there and perform, and hey, I need to put these numbers up because I want this number.
Speaker 5: I want this contract next year.
Speaker 4: Okay, with all that being said, if then you see the volume that CD Lamb gets, you see, was he like thirty some third catches before you get to the number two wide receiver. If Pickens ain't putting up numbers like he wants, if he's not getting the rock like he wants to get the rock, you've seen what happened in Pittsburgh. But we've we've seen that, the tantrums, the throwing, the I'm not getting the bomb. But add context to that, though he was playing with some.
Speaker 5: I'm not that good. I'm looking down here on the little state. He's catching passes from Mitchell Trubisky. I'm like, yeah, that is true. But I know how those contract years work. How's gonna want the football? And if it ain't going early on and often do we see another another log.
Speaker 4: To the fire when you talk about the Cowboys, And because you know that's what the story is, all that that everybody's gonna talk about it.
Speaker 5: They're gonna hpe stuff up all on on on TV.
Speaker 6: Whether it's a dispute on the sidelines, they're gonna analyze.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be like Pittsburgh, where you you might get a segment here and there. They gonna analyze every little thing Pickens does on the sidelines. And if he's not getting a rock in the contrac track here, do you think he's gonna be that mature to be.
Speaker 5: Like no team first baby team.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it since he's been in Pittsburgh. I haven't seen it. And he hasn't been sharing a rock with anybody in Pittsburgh like a CD lamp.
Speaker 6: That's so it's like, no, and that was you said you had two things, So what was the second thing? Was that the first thing was this is a rental like a one year contract. I'm like, I don't know, gonna give us.
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 10: It is?
Speaker 3: Get ready for a Country Music Awards tonight. Right here, he Maherson, I knew, he scruggs. This is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: That kind Hey there, Cowboys Nation. Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem.
Speaker 11: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred Gambler that twe eight hundred GAMBLR for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys game dig is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced Ram of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure.
Speaker 5: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece in care set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites in a full sized, intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Raising Canes presents the Other Rules of Football.
Speaker 5: Rule one.
Speaker 12: Any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 5: Rule twelve.
Speaker 12: No crinkle cut fries, texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of caines when it comes to winning game day canes rules raising canes, chicken fingers one.
Speaker 5: Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Loud.
Speaker 6: Step over to the Star for back to back nights of free live music at a CM Country kick Off May six and seventh, With an all star lineup of rising talent and fan favorites, plus a beer Garden exclusive merch and more. This is an event the country music fans won't want to miss. Visit a CM Countrykickoff dot com for more information.
Speaker 5: Producer Chris Beam, is Beyonce going to be here? Hey, beyond? You know, I don't think I know of If she does, it'd be a surprise.
Speaker 7: But if you're listening to this podcast right now, that was yesterday, So we need to talk to the person who gets these reads.
Speaker 5: Oh, let's talk to that person yesterday. You missed it. If you're listening to this, that was yesterday. We missed the sixth and the seventh. We are who performed? Why, Hey, I just print them out and let you go. That's all I do. Those doors. I help the person who printed these or gave us the listening right now. I mean, but if you come out tonight, there's actual real come yeah you get Hey, Reapa's out there tonight. Rea Mackinton, Yeah, hosts actress. She hosted on the show right now. Yeah, okay, there we go. The Judge's gonna be there. You don't know who why you want to judge Naomi Judge. You gotta be careful, man, Ashley Judge Judge, the Judge family. Mm hmm. Don't ring a bell yesterday you say I was on it.
Speaker 3: I think I need like three people who ain't live anymore. They were good country singers. Man, I'm the country people I knew.
Speaker 5: Man like Kenny. I love Kenny Rogers, many Rogers, Kenny Rogers. You have a play called Kenny Rogers Roasters.
Speaker 3: Boys served some great chicken to go up there all this place, and he had one up in Hollywood. Man kill it in and out Burger and Kenny Rogers Roasters all the time.
Speaker 6: Kenny, Kenny, Kenny knew how to make so chicktis okay, God blessed the day.
Speaker 3: Chicken Man, Chicken was good. All right, Barry Church. Another point about Pickings. Your first point was, hey, contract year, is he gonna be happy if he's not eating Last year he ate he.
Speaker 5: Had eight hundred yards.
Speaker 3: Nine hundred yards on fifty nine catches last year in fourteen games.
Speaker 5: So he's gonna want you. He's gonna want more. He gonna want more on us plate.
Speaker 4: And you know, we we understand when it talks, you know, not all of them, but the majority of wide receivers. I thought they want the football, you know that they played the game. We're like, yeah, I'm happy this guy got his you know, but in the back of the head they want the football exactly. And Pickings We've seen when he's not getting up football, he can get frustrated. And that's under one of the best coaches in all football, Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 5: That that's under him. You know, he was able to ring in you know, a b for a while there, who's one of the most charismatic guys. I don't think he had Rotherlinsberg. That is true.
Speaker 3: One thing when you're putting putting up numbers, because you had a guy who could give you some numbers.
Speaker 5: I mean those quarterbacks balls to go around here.
Speaker 6: And I think the more intriguing thing about this duo and pairing them together. These are two guys that have done it individually for years. When you talk about CD and Pickings, I think what you say it marriage the attention, because how are you going to marry this with a guy that's going to be aggressively wanting a ball in the offensive system that's geared towards one guy.
Speaker 5: If I'm CD, I'm sharing the wealth of this. I've signed my deal. I'm good.
Speaker 6: I need another guy to come into this scheme to allow me to be able to play free. You just said it. You move CD all over the map, Okay, you put him in the slot. He is different, He can be in different places all the time. How do defensive defensive coordinator scheme for that?
Speaker 5: Knowing that you have that? And again, if we're talking about at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: Four catches here, six catches here, does that make the difference where CD's coming away from games where it's twelve catches because the jalens couldn't get open, you couldn't get any separation from your tight end. I look, I just think that the marriage between these two players is going to flourish. I think I think Pickins is going to flourish in this offense because if we come at the end of the season, then we say, okay, one A, one B, which everybody's kind of put together for these two if both of them are If you have two thousand yard receivers, nobody loses in this Nobody loses in this situation. If you come back and he has nine hundred and fifty yards, but he has eight or nine touch or ten touchdowns, he's a red zone threat as well for you as a team, nobody loses in this situation. And I still the blaring thing for me is the one year rental that you talk about. I don't want that, all right. I want this to be one of those deals where hey, if we're if he's t Higgins and CD is Jamar Chase, hey, let's find a way to make this thing, this marriage work so we can have this for years to come and not just this one season.
Speaker 5: It just smells like the me what that smell?
Speaker 4: It smells like another Dak gone forty five plus times per game. When we was just talking about last We're gonna run, run, with the coaching staff was talking about this running the football, run the football, We're gonna balance it.
Speaker 5: It smells like a forty five passes per game type deal, and we all know that's not that hasn't worked. That has not worked. You're gonna have to be balanced.
Speaker 3: So I'll address what you said before you talk about playing CD Lamb Mary Cooper. They've done this before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a young CD tho.
Speaker 4: That was that was a I'm happy to pet these, you know catches I'm getting, But I'm just they've done it though.
Speaker 3: Dak Prescott has been in this situation before where you had CD Cooper gallup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is true.
Speaker 4: So it's true.
Speaker 3: It's not like they can't figure it out or they haven't ever gone down the road where hey we got moused. If that is true, you've got that on point about running the ball. That is something interest what will be the run past ratio? But I look at the schedule right now and some of the teams they're playing. If that defense isn't getting it done, then.
Speaker 5: You know, shoot out you might be might be a lot so.
Speaker 3: And if they don't address the running back room and and the guys they have here and the unknowns. We'll we'll have to see, but I'd rather have the problem of wondering, Hey, well, these two really good talents figure this out versus.
Speaker 4: What you have CD and the Maybies. Oh, it's definitely better than CD in the Babies. You know, no disrespect the toad bird knows guys, but it's definitely better. It's not a disrespect. I think we've got an opportunity to see it. We've lived that that night.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 3: You can't trust you can't trust nothing. There's nobody on this team that you can trust. Number two, that there's a time proof of consistency, nobody.
Speaker 6: I'll never forget coming in in the studio and you were like, hey, did you what are we doing with Turpin?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 5: Are we really trying to throw these god balls to Turpin? Just what we're doing?
Speaker 6: I mean, And that's what it came to when you couldn't get any production from anybody else and teams just basically said, look, we're gonna take eighty eight away.
Speaker 5: This is now good for Turping. Heck, yeah it is. This is really good for Turp.
Speaker 3: I was talking with Nick Harris yesterday on the media mash and Nick said, this is good for Mingo. Here's why it's good for Jonathan Mingo. Nobody's sitting right here depending on you and looking for you to step up and be the two. You can just grow and.
Speaker 5: Get no bad as dollars ask Dallas guy no way.
Speaker 3: Surprises guy over there like yeah, get this for the sports spot. He could be what he Marlin and the Jackson Syde that's what he needed to be happy.
Speaker 5: Marlin man Mingo. In that group, it could be far words for me, my boy five receiver.
Speaker 3: You're Marlin, your main and that Tito, you're not even Jackson tall.
Speaker 5: You just you just Marlin. You just in there.
Speaker 6: Take a lot of the pressure off of him. And Nick Harris was right. I mean, he's not in the pressure cooker. He would have been if it had have just been CD and everybody looking at Mino to get open.
Speaker 5: And he wasn't and he isn't. And you what, how is this good for Mingo? Because because nobody looking for you to.
Speaker 3: Do something, I don't have to talk about you looking for what did he do? I won't have to say tweet love what Dido do? Just oh yeah, he out there, he's out there, and and then maybe he could develop.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about from a matchup standpoint. I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm saying it's good for him to increase his numbers from the match of the guy play against a third or fourth. Absolute Absolutely, that's that's what I forget that if you get out there right whatever you give me, if you get out there, you know, man, come on now, Oh you dialing up routes for him right now? I mean, he better be open if the ball come in his way. That's that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Pressure right now, I might I might give Turping a route before I get Mingo one right now, so the pressures on.
Speaker 5: If he can't even make the team, he's gonna make the team. He's gonna make the team. But you know's gonna be some limited.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we know Turping just signing. I mean he's on the team's squad, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean he'll be one on one with with you know, if you got pickings out here and laying the route and you got focusing, you ters gonna be one on one with something. I mean, yeah, Mingo, make guess, get a couple of routes. But I mean, you know, I mean we need Mingo like the last.
Speaker 5: Yeah, move to change for something to change to chase developed. He could you know, you get a chance to develop this developed. He wasn't getting that work. Work on your craft. You know what that means.
Speaker 4: You know, hey, work on your craft. Those teams that U that's hurt. You're the next man up. Hey, guys, that's.
Speaker 5: Not the white town.
Speaker 8: Teams.
Speaker 6: Let's go guy team gould be a good gunner, big enough.
Speaker 5: You better get down. Do you trust that Dak can operate with these two? Yes, I'm not worried. I'm not worried about You're not worried about that.
Speaker 3: You look, you look at his skill set. What what the kind of routes he throws? Pickens is there? He's needed some help and getting him and any.
Speaker 4: Help he can hold them, jump off in them back shoulders, and those are what pickings, those are those are his.
Speaker 6: That's because I was coming right to you because nobody's been more critical before, all right, And I'm just saying nobody's been more critical in these situations, especially in the big moments, you guys, big moments, all right, and Understan saying that if you do get in a situation where hey man, it's third and eight, this is canny be Can he be the difference maker? Can he be the one that the force multiplier? Because if you look at these other guys, if you look in Cincinnati, you know what they have in Joe.
Speaker 5: You may not know, but.
Speaker 4: My bad quarterback Barrow. I mean, but you know, but you know he's a difference maker in that situation.
Speaker 6: Even when I look at the duo in Detroit with Aminra and Jamo, they have a quarterback that, again, in those situations, you know that he can deliver it. I think for Dak, he's in a situation right now where all the excuses literally have been taken off the table for him. You got it, he got, he got, he got an office, he got two bona Fide number one wide receivers.
Speaker 4: Ferguson is a good tighty. I mean, he might have took a little dip last year, but I think that's an anomaly. I think he'll get back to where he was two years prior. But the one thing that makes that Dak thrives it he was All Pro second and m v P voting is when he has that backfield behind him, when he can utilize that play action.
Speaker 5: Whether it was Zeke, whether it was Pollard and the crew. When he's able to have that run.
Speaker 4: Game supporting them, he could he could play at all time levels right now that you know they got the kid from from Texas Blue, you got Miles Sanders, you got Javonte.
Speaker 5: Williams back there the start, he'll be just started.
Speaker 3: So I'm I'm gonna say I think he'll be the starter if those guys from Clemson.
Speaker 5: Phil watfs Man, if those guys can't.
Speaker 4: Produce, But if teams are gonna just play back and say, hey, but everything in front of us, they got running back because the Schmorgesborg over there.
Speaker 6: But that's what teams are gonna do, though, But they're gonna force his hand. They're gonna make sure that, hey, you could direct traffic, you can read the and they know he can read it. But to me, I feel like a player like this can be and you've seen it around the NFL, with getting the right player, could extend up a quarterback's lifespan at least give him a different perception to everyone else. Can Dak be that with these two guys, because because again, you have a dynamic piece that you can move in the slot. That's why when I talk about bringing in a guy like maybe Devantae Adams, You're like, well Na Lockett because he liked to hog the slot.
Speaker 5: This gives you the piece that you need to be able to move this guy on the outside.
Speaker 6: And I think for dak Man it's so much that you can do also with Audibling out of things where offense, where defenses again are covering you at the sticks and nothing more demoralizing than being able to pick up a first down on a third day on a runner.
Speaker 4: Can Pickens be what Amari Cooper was when he came here and catapulted this offense? Can can Pickens be that that type of catalyst for this No.
Speaker 3: I'll say no, because Amari Cooper from the time he was at Alabama and when he was in the league, he was always that guy. Pickens hasn't shown you he's that guy. But you don't need him to be that guy because you have got a CD, got all pro, write a legitimate all pro, so you don't need him to do that.
Speaker 4: So he could be a step up from Gallup when Gallup was at his his heights. Yes, yes, you've helped your quarterback. And I think if you just look at Jalen Hurts once they put A J. Brown over there along with DeVante Smith. I mean, the guy became a better quarterback. Here's some real weapons, and they had a tight end. And you know even when they upgrade because they look. They went to a super Bowl with a smortgage board running back.
Speaker 5: They lost. Then they went out and got oh my god, the Savior. They got a leader. So you know, shout out too all, take us a break man. Yes, Heca wants to know about this duo of Pickings and Lamb. Where does it rank? We get heck next after read, they say, and they not three. That's what they said. Come back this day they play?
Speaker 3: They say it's not brought to you by Rescrite Gaming on Dallas cowboy dot com.
Speaker 5: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store? Letter rip Troy?
Speaker 9: All right, folks, don't get started with the Yeddy French Press and joy call this day's hot for hours and French Press thirty four as for U six four with the cruise of yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags and waterproofs? Some where's wale waterproof? Devil's water prove bag bagsports. Most of water should get a water prove Yetti bag gont Smell something cooking Paul New cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipe. You take a steak, cornback, commerce pot pine and potatoes next over with three sizes of yetty cash iron skillets.
Speaker 10: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 13: Today life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 5: That scary bridge.
Speaker 13: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kick.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: Hey, Cowboy fans.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Rushcott keats the first down.
Speaker 10: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 6: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit Blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 6: Get excited for the most dazzling DCC experience yet. Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders on tours coming to a theater near you. Witness live performances, Enjoy and on stage, Q and a session and even be a part of a live audition. If you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, or l Passo. Mark your calendar for dates and tickets. Visit Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders dot com. Slash tours excellent.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Heck Maherrison players Sounds about You by Aristocrat Gamings Berry Church For me, yes, er we strugg So Heck Maharrison is excited about George Pickens, Cede Lamb the Dak Prescott gets to throw two duo.
Speaker 5: Wise, you had raised that question where do they where do they ring?
Speaker 6: And then like you said, man, there are a ton of guys that have had production and I just talked about one in Detroit. Those two guys in Detroit, you gotta go to Cincinnati, and you gotta respect the world champs as well. I think their top five right off the right off the bat, and I think one is going to be Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: I give that.
Speaker 6: I gotta go Cincinnati on that. Two is going to be Philadelphia, uh and A J.
Speaker 5: Brown.
Speaker 6: Three to me is the guys in Detroit. I think Amra and Jmo what they showed last year with that running game showed it. You know, I'm putting them in the in the in the four and five category for me above Miami's duo hell and none, I think, and here's the deal. I think they suffer because of their quarterback. They suffer because of their Quarterbay still produce, and they do, and they do Miami, So I said, So, I said, four and five, okay, four and five, four or five? Okay, so the Minnesota but he didn't have who's his two? Jordan Adison's kind of cold? But what you put would you put Jordan Addison over over pickings? Jordan Addison? Production production wise? Production production wise? Man, it's clothes man.
Speaker 5: You out here forgetting about Tampa? Who there was one? Rings and rings? Okay, we gotta respect the rings now. So I said, top five, who is yours? You know I don't. I don't have the Cowboys in top five? Okay, I can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, minute, you already talking about Cincinnati, You got Philadelphia, you got Detroit, Miami. We could see that. Don't think the better the Rams Rams? I had got Pookah and Deavante Adams. Yes, you can't forget about them.
Speaker 6: I mean, who's the better? I mean I didn't say, I didn't say I didn't five. Here's here's the deal. I didn't say c D versus Devanteas and go down that list. I didn't go T Higgins versus George Pickens and down that list, because if I did that, you'll see my point that they are four or five. Who would you take Jayalen Wattle or George Pickens?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Come on, I don't know ce Ap, i't know you would take Wattle.
Speaker 3: Okay, George Pickens ain't made a Pro Bowl. Has he gone over? Okay, he's gone over one time, one time he's been. Ok There you go last year nine hundred yards twenty twenty three forty yards, and then the year before that eight hundred yards.
Speaker 5: Last year's nine hundred yards.
Speaker 3: Okay, he had three touchdowns last year five touchdowns, the year before that four touchdown.
Speaker 5: FO. I mean, looka he a.
Speaker 3: He is an immense talent. But I'm not ready to put this duo as top five. I gotta see more from Pickings.
Speaker 5: We know a sea.
Speaker 3: But as far as him being a compliment, I can't give him that. Not when I've seen people with proven resumes who've done.
Speaker 5: Things, but you have, but you never said who yours were? You never listed. I just said they're not in the top five, and I got I got six teams ahead of them. You got sixteen four of those teams.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, Cincinnati, Philly, Detroit. I'll go Miami over there, I get the Rams over there. Over I'll get Tampa Bay, Minnesota. I mean all those treat me all that I don't know about.
Speaker 5: Take it wasn't it. I don't know about Tampa, but Minnesota.
Speaker 3: You know what think they got ring got You got a Hall of Famer doing Hall of Fame. We know he walking in right. The other got Chris Godwin. I know he's been injured, but Chris Godwin got a ring too. I mean, proven people who've done it.
Speaker 5: Matter to me. That's facts. You don't put a ring on it.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: The difference, that's the difference. I mean because Pooka don't have one. No, okay, but okay, Pooka and Devonte Adams.
Speaker 6: I'm just I'm just saying those two if we're going out there on the sun, dude, and I don't do this, but if we just see that, what's the little bet thing?
Speaker 3: I'll take Davante Adams and Pooka to put up more numbers. Than Cede Lamb and George Pickens.
Speaker 5: Right now, okay, all right, you'll put a taste of cake on it, oh, if you want to. You know, I mean, because I'm the only one of Todd to taste the cake up in his joke. You know what I mean. That's what we're gonna do. Your taste the cake on it. I mean, because it come on, You're gonna put a taste the cake on it.
Speaker 13: You do it.
Speaker 5: See, this is the hopium in you right now.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, there's no hopium. There's absolutely no hopium in this. I'm backing this up. You even pull out the statistical numbers, and I'm telling you based off of what I have and and the Davante Adams that is has been in the league, and you would say that his best days are what behind I would say that because you hadn't seen him do it in the last couple of years. So don't don't put that on, especially when I'm comparing him to Cede Lamb.
Speaker 5: Don't do that talk in a division. Let's do that.
Speaker 3: Let me put my glasses on and let us talk about the elephant in the room that we're not talking about Let's go ahead.
Speaker 5: So they have traded for a player from the pitt First he was a wide receiver, right.
Speaker 6: You know what happens when they leave Pitsburgh, man, it kind of it gets it gets Oh, come on, Juju won a Super Bowl. You're gonna talk Since rings matter, you're gonna put that in your equation this way.
Speaker 3: Antonio Brown left, all right, won a ring. Okay, his yards per you know, yards per game. He's eighty six with the Steelers. He left sixty seven Steelers curse. Mike Wallace left Pittsburgh, got about Wallace. Wallace sixty four points off the map. Then with forty fifteens, forty nine point.
Speaker 5: Eight, Makavi, is Brian your Super Bowl MVP?
Speaker 3: Santonio Brown sixty three point nine with the Steelers after that forty two point two, Juju sixty one point jumped on the back of.
Speaker 5: Tapas Kelsey Patrick. That's how ring but even yacht.
Speaker 3: He dropped from sixty one point two to thirty four point seven.
Speaker 5: On top five, falling off the map, Falling off the map.
Speaker 3: Deontay John fifty six point seven with the Steelers thirty one point three after that. Brethern Uh former Steeler and former Cowboy Martines Bryant fifty three point three with the Steelers thirty three point three.
Speaker 6: After that, Chase Claypool fifty two point four clay Or after that, he goes deep deep, I love it. You're the best, boy. That's you're the best. Hey, you're the best. I never doubt it. Hey man, Look look the gold post. He'll take it and just moves. His goal post has wheels on it.
Speaker 5: Right now, you don't want to league.
Speaker 3: You don't want a receiver from Pittsburgh, and you don't want a quarterback from any read They don't.
Speaker 5: Look I ain't never lost, yeah, so stop it. So hey man, I understand anybody roll up, they sleep and checking the hope in here.
Speaker 6: You know how to take it out of them, you know it back out of what you're asking forwards. For him to be the exception to the rule, yes, sir, they always are. There's always exceptions to the rule. And this twenty four year old wide receiver is going to be that.
Speaker 3: You know, you're hoping rain Dakota Prescott can be that guy to deliver him from all the back because you know what those other guys had good quarterbacks Roethlisberger was there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there is a difference. This is why he can be an outline. Yeah, but the facts are that when they leave, they go down.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 6: I hate to see it. I hate to see no way. Hey, your the Toledo brother and Johnson's man.
Speaker 5: Off the cliff. Yeah, I know he did.
Speaker 6: I mean, but but look, can we say this about the Pittsburgh still an offense since so my man Smith the office of coordinator Arthur Arthurs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it's been horrible. It's been bad.
Speaker 6: And and maybe, as Ryan Clark said, there's a business decision on behalf of the Pittsburgh Stellers. But that offense man didn't know how to create for one of the best, one of the young talents in the.
Speaker 5: Game, even with those really bad quarterbacks.
Speaker 6: So thirty, hey, third and eight, Arthur Smith would go thirteen personnel.
Speaker 5: Our old baby. It's a big difference.
Speaker 4: So, man, you're in a different situation. Man, shoty gonna take care of your baby.
Speaker 3: And that is the work Brian Schottneier. For all to talk about culture, he's got to go to work here, work with a player. But the great Bill Parcells used to say, it's professional football.
Speaker 5: Fellas. It ain't the boy Scouts.
Speaker 4: Put them above Washington, scaritarian, who as a team does this move?
Speaker 5: Put put Dallas. And that's what you're gounn for. That's what you're gunning for. How many wins they got? Now? How many with this edition early on? No?
Speaker 4: No no, no no.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no no no. Nick Harris said ten. Vox Lombardi said, twelve. Twelve wins. Great, that's what they said. That's what man. You agree, you think, you feel, you think they I'm not, I'm not. I don't see this as a twelve win team at all. Uh.
Speaker 6: I think defensively you got way too many homes to feel for that to be a reality. But offensively, you know, look might put you up there. Okay, there's a fun time that don't.
Speaker 3: Got the first play schedule, so fun time, Chris Bean, Gosh, you tried me, You try me.
Speaker 5: That's what about that. I ain't going off. You don't want to.
Speaker 3: Look to I don't have thirteen thirteen, not gonna have players. Lands wrought to you by Risk Game. We talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.