Speaker 1: Call It what It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Call It crew, and welcome to another episode of Short, Short and sweetet. This one is a little bit different.
Speaker 1: It's a recap.
Speaker 2: It's a recap because we had plans for an episode that we were going to do for Short and Sweet, and then Teresa Capoudo happened. Happened to us, Yes, happened to us. Yes, we got Teresa Caputo, We got Caputo. And you guys, if you have not listened to that episode yet, please get to listen to it.
Speaker 1: You need to immediately necessary listening.
Speaker 2: It was so wild, and I text Jessica and I said, we can't just leave that episode hanging because there's so much more to discuss, and so we scratched our plan for Short and Sweet. And we've made this a recap of Monday's episode so we can dive in a little bit, recap what happened, the feelings after, the discoveries after and all the things.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I would actually love to take this opportunity to tell you, dear listener, if you have not listened to the Teresa Caputo episode, you need to press pause. We'll be here when you get back, and go straight to that episode. It is a million times worth. Listen and give me so many, so many chills, so many tears, so many yeah, so many tears. So yes, So please trust that does and go back to that. But if you did already, then stay a while and let's get into it.
Speaker 2: I so I think that we need to start with a little backstory, okay, and I'm going to be really real because we've got to call it what it is. Ye When I was talking to Jazz, I really wanted Teresa on and I've been a fan just you know, obviously like has seen a medium before, she's had that experience. My mom passed away a very very very long time ago, so it's like, oh my god, twenty one years ago. It's been a long time. I've never seen a medium. And what I said was I really want her on the show. It's spooky season. What I don't want, though, is a reading. I thought it would just be too more very clear. I was very clear. I was very adamant. I was like, I don't want that, and so Jessica, of course, supportive, best friend, love her. She was like, yes, I support you. We went to iHeart and we told them, please let Teresa know that this is this because she does different types of interviews. This isn't a reading. This is an interview about her gifts, right, And they were like, great, awesome, she would love to talk about that of course, and you know, offer you guys are reading anytime that you guys really wanted reading.
Speaker 1: And we had a million questions. We were very clear about the fact that it did not this, So did not hinge on a reading. We didn't need the reading. We were absolutely going to have a very phenomenal episode without any readings.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if you listen to it, and then okay, so you listened to it. I went and talked to a bunch of people. People were so excited. I had cast on set of grays being like, please ask this, please ask that we anyway halfway through, Teresa did say that she was getting energy from me. That was cautious, which was true. Now she didn't you know, Jessica and I have had these private conversations about how I feel it felt going into it, and Jessica, you have had this experience before, so you were open, which she was able to sense.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: She said that she said that, and I explained, this is my first time seeing, you know, talking to a medium, because she said, you know, she had started the interview by saying she had gone into this part of the interview saying, you know some people it's you know, it's intimidating to me with the medium. And I said, yes, this is my first time. And then she said, well, if anything comes through, I'll let you know. And the truth is in that moment, I was like, all right, let's just let's see.
Speaker 1: You became open.
Speaker 2: I became open in that moment because I kind of no, no, no, I was, Yes, I fell open in that moment. I was not expecting the next thing to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one was. No one was.
Speaker 2: And what I what I love about Jess is well, Jess, you can talk about this part too, is that we talked.
Speaker 1: We call you.
Speaker 2: You called me after and you were like I was feeling like, you know, very protective.
Speaker 1: Over I did. I had a moment when it when it, when it got real, I think that I would say the close. I thought about this a lot since it, since it happened. I felt almost like I was in a trance, like there was a trance like quality to the session. If you will, like, yes, I and we know I like to talk. I had no words, Yeah I was. I felt sort of I felt speechless. I also felt like but beyond speechless. There were not words or thoughts coming into my head. And when when she got to the part where I realized what was happening and she was that your mom was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not.
Speaker 1: I was a very like fire or flight moment.
Speaker 2: I did not know what showing up for you as a friend looked like in that moment, and I just had to take my next best guess because something really powerful was happening. And there was a version where I was, you know, the tried and true best friend that did the best thing by stopping her and saying, like, this is not what she wants. She said, she doesn't want this and we're not doing this, and then there.
Speaker 1: Was this higher vibration power energy I don't even know what that was, steering me towards let this go. Trust in her, know that and she's she's got this, and I'm right here if things go sideways, but like, she's got this, and so I then became sort of like a viewer. I mean, I was there, but I was sort of observing.
Speaker 2: I love that you talked about the energy because Jessica and I, you know us, we can talk and I and we had a laundry list of questions, and halfway through the interview, I felt exactly like Jessica felt. We talked to, you know, our producers who also were listening in, and they we all felt like this different thing happening that has not happened on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Wait, say what it was. Let's talk about what it was.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm talking about just the energy, Like, I don't even know what that energy was.
Speaker 1: What was the moment that you felt the energy take over? And what was the moment that you felt connected to what she was saying?
Speaker 2: Okay, So so it's very hard. I'm gonna be very real. It's very hard thinking that you might have a medium read to you when you know that you are a public figure figure right because you are like, they can google anything about you. So going into this, I had said to my husband, there's one thing you cannot for sure google about me, and that's that the last night I saw my mom. This is an intimate memory, but the last night that I saw my mom, she took the ring off her finger and she put it on my finger and she said goodbye, and that's the last time I saw her. Well, I lost that ring maybe three years later in Los Angeles and just called the place I had lost it at, like was looking for it, could not find it. Still think about it to this day, like maybe I'll just show up randomly. I'll be in somewhere coffee shop, and I'll just be there, you know. So I said to Matt, if that story gets brought up, that's not something that you can look at on my Instagram page or anywhere or any interview I've ever talked about it, I'll know that it's that's real. So she started by saying, you know, you have a mother energy coming through, and I was like, okay, well, you know I was leaning in, but I was also like, you could possibly google this right, like this is something that you could know. And then she said two things are coming through. She said, you have a piece of her jewelry and you're looking for something of hers. And that is when the air left my body. I mean I felt almost like finked a little bit because that was the second thing that she brought up. And that's when I was like, oh boy, like this is something's happening here. But like Jessica said, the energy felt palpable, right, yes, and we're not even in the same room as her. We're all on zoom.
Speaker 1: We had been very clear that we weren't doing readings, so she was talking about what she does. But then she was talking to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, then it was just happening.
Speaker 1: It was just happening. It was happening. It was you got kapudoed.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons why I wanted to do the recap is she said, she's talked about a tree.
Speaker 1: She said, there's a tree like you. I don't know. She's showed me trees. Do you leg trees? Is your husband?
Speaker 2: She joked about mapping a landscaper or was there a tree in someone's memory? And I was like, nope, never seeing a tree in mind what you're talking In.
Speaker 1: The moment, you were like new new no.
Speaker 2: Because I was still I have to say that I was like just trying. I was super aware of not trying to lean in something that I wasn't sure, you know what I mean, like be like, oh, I'm trying to search for the tiny thing that is you know, a tree or what. Anyway, my point is is that it didn't ring true to me. Is something Well, I get off the podcast and my little brother staying with me, and I was like, wait, Joey, didn't Dad plant a tree in our backyard in memory of Mom, which is not a very Ludington thing to do, by the way, like that does not We're not like tree planting in memory family vibes. And Joey was like yeah, and I remembered that we had this apple tree and by the way, we're just not planting people at all. We're not gardeners, like that thing should have died. That thing grew into this beautiful, big apple tree, and I had completely fucking forgotten about that. And I'm like, damn the tree. Yeah, and onl and even towards the end of the podcast, She's like the tree. Anybody the tree? And so I want to recap with you guys. The tree was. It was something that and I even said like, please let Theresa know the tree is a real thing. Then she brought up the number seventeen and I was like, nip, no, it doesn't ring about another I ever heard of that number.
Speaker 1: Skip it when county totally.
Speaker 2: And then I have I met, I mean, Jessica and I have talked about this too, and I'll talk about it on the pod. It's really hard for me because sometimes I don't want to feel like I'm looking for the thing that she's talking about. I want it to feel obvious to me, in the same way that the ring felt obvious. But when I talked to my sister, I'd always thought that my sister was sixteen. My memory was like she was sixteen when my mom passed. Well, she had had just had her seventeenth birthday, so seventeen had a lot of significance. In fact, she just celebrated a birthday thing that weekend that my mom passed, So there is that. Also. When I got off the pod, for some reason, I just thought to myself, the date my mom passed, what are those numbers added together.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: So I've never ever thought of that before, And they came out to seventeen. And then my daughter was born in twenty seventeen, So again, all of these things could be.
Speaker 1: Someone what about the part with your daughter.
Speaker 2: So she talked about my daughter and she asked, you know, if there's some like resemblance there. Well, I think that she has so much of my mom's kid personality in her because I know my mom. My mom would tell me stories about her as a kid, and they just are very similar. She's very different to me. And then she referenced that she was being shown her own grandchild who was like two when Hayden was about one and a half. She because she talked about having seen my mom. Is that what she said? Like sort of like yes, I thought that Hayden had seen my mom. Hayden would do this thing and I even took videos of it where she would almost act like someone was playing hide and seek with her. She would be very cools like this and she would look up and something would make her giggle. And it happened enough times that I was one time just took out my camera. I'm like, this is mom, Like she's she's fully interacting with something. So she was right on the money there and she said, I feel something to my head and like a gunshot.
Speaker 1: And that's when I was like, oh, you know what this all?
Speaker 2: This is all bullshit? You know what this is? So me and just were like, no, this doesn't mean anything to us. We were I was like, this is this that to me in that moment. For that one second, I was like, oh, she's so far off now I'm wondering if any of it's true, And she.
Speaker 1: Said she kept going though she was sure about it.
Speaker 2: Who else is on here? And our producer Ashley was listening with us and Ashley, we're gonna have you come out. We love Ashley, she's part of our team. Ashley, we want to talk to you about this. Because of course I was making it about me. I was like, no, no, no, this is not real.
Speaker 1: And Ashley, I remember her saying, is there? Who else is on the call? And then all of a sudden, Ashley's voice came in, like it's about to come in right now.
Speaker 3: I just didn't think think working that day that that was going to happen right because we're all off camera in the back end. So when she asked about that, and I was already crying from watching you about your mom, it was such a deep episode to be a part of her feelings. We were just all so intertwined with each other and it was just very deep, you know what I mean very much. I just when she said that, I immediately was like, my grandpa's here, and it's someone that my mom is talked. I never got to meet him. My mom loves him and misses him so much. And when she said that, I knew I've chilledre right now.
Speaker 1: But what was the connecting detail? Like when did you know it was your grandpa?
Speaker 2: The second she said it?
Speaker 3: The second she said a gunshot wounded the head, which is how he passed, and then he was when she said, he wants you to know that how he died didn't define him. And that's something my mom was always telling us. He was wonderful. Just because he died this way doesn't mean that he was a bad person. And the whole thing I was in shambles.
Speaker 1: You can hear.
Speaker 2: I was so when I came yes the site, and I have to say in that moment, when Ashley came on and was like, wait, I know what this is, then I was sold. Then I was like, oh my god, this is insane.
Speaker 1: And then for me the trance continued. It was kind of like I do oh.
Speaker 2: It only yes, because I do think that like people, you know, and I said this to you in a call after dress. People can people plant trees in someone's memory, right like people can have It's common to keep someone's a piece of someone's jewelry, right, But a gunshot wound to the head is so incredibly specific, and I would not say it's like a run of the mill way that people pass. And so for her to say that and then say who else is on this call? I was just I was like, she's not guessing here, this is this something really is happening.
Speaker 1: M h ash.
Speaker 2: How did you feel after the pod?
Speaker 3: I was in a weird days the entire I felt very tired. I had to lay down. I couldn't focus on the rest of my work, and I kept thinking about all of us on the call. I couldn't stop thinking about it and how I grew up watching these shows and like, oh, it's just Hollywood, it's fake, and that we all felt that together it wasn't fake. And that was a trip.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When Camilla and I talked later, we were both driving and just asking each other questions and the way things happen, Like when things like that happened, you sort of called a check in with each other, like did you hear that didn't really have pros together, just like reprocessing. And I think one of my favorite moments from that conversation was both of us realizing but you, Camilla, just with a shaky chin and your full heart and and all of your just how how exposed you felt in being in this situation, you just saying, my god, we have been through so much together. I know, and I know that this was something that you know was not on your wish list in this way, and yet it was something that you were drawn to. I thought about that too, because I thought, Wow, if I had been the one that was, you know, the most very interested in having Teresa Caputo on it and we said not we we didn't want to be read, and then she read you, I'd feel terrible like it. I'd like I made it happen. But actually, but you had been steering the ship a little bit more on this one, so I was. I actually think it even further cements that it was it was meant to be. It was cause she was coming to you. This was this was a conversation that you know was meant to happen. Did you talk to Mad about it afterwards? I did?
Speaker 2: I talk to Mad about it. And it's funny because I also so what was hard for me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Is growing up my mom did not.
Speaker 2: Leave, not believe actually she just did. She was against going to a meet to mediums and and so, and she even made a joke one time. I remember being like, well, if I ever did it, you know, when I died, don't don't ask a medium for me.
Speaker 1: I won't come through.
Speaker 2: And so I had been feeling very torn about that, even though I have a different opinion about it right now, and even before I had said almost this little prayer before getting on with her, and I said, this is just an interview. We are just doing questions on not asking to be read. However, if you feel like coming through, go for it, you know kind of thing. And if you don't, it's fine. Because I didn't want to go into it feeling like, Okay, is she going to come through or not? And I truly had gone into it feeling like it was just going to be an interview.
Speaker 1: I love that you said that before that. I also think no person in good health, you know, is gonna is going to say that they want you to go to a medium when like you can't see ahead. But I think that everyone should hold some space for the possibility that they might want to come and busy people from the other side.
Speaker 2: But the truth is is that. I also think that my my mom passed at forty three years old with young children. I think that when what I imagine is that she was saying that, imagining that she was eighty years old, and now we're like, you know, sixty, I want to see a medium. Is it really necessary?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe yes for some people that it does, you know, but we I'm forty and I haven't seen her in twenty one years, right, so it's over half my life already that I've had without her. She might have changed her mind and not under not really realizing those circumstances. Because the truth is, if I passed young and I had the opportunity to talk to my kids, if Hayden needed that, I would do it.
Speaker 1: Yes, you would, of course you would. I wouldn't be like you know what, I just but I didn't want to be. I just don't know. I have the time. This heaven thing is very busy. I'm very busy.
Speaker 2: This is such an intimate conversation for me. By the way, I've never this is. You know, I'm spilling all the beans, but I did. In fact, I'm getting like emotional right now because because I really was just so grateful to have just there, yeah, been through so much together, and in that moment, I just it felt like my you know, my American sister was like right there with me experiencing this thing that would be really hard to describe to someone else. And then Ashley you ended up part of it too, and it felt like we texted later and we're like we just went through like this little crazy experience together and it really felt like we were in it together too, because we're all kind of just floored. I have to admit, though you will laugh. But later that night, so I was feeling like, Okay, wait to hang on. What if? What if this is like a horror movie though, and like someone else has been able to come through too, right, So it's like there's like a potential spooky season. Yeah, yeah, it's bookie season, right. And I was in bed that night and one of our we have this like, well, first off, Matt, he's one of those people that if he has to put up something, he's gonna like, STEMI nail it in, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like he'll he'll.
Speaker 2: Hang it on a He'll you know, it's not gonna be hung quite right. We have in my living room, these branches that he just balanced on top of the curtain rod that have these little bats hanging on them. Are they secure? No, they're not secure. However they have been. They've stayed up the whole time so far. And at eleven thirty pm at night that night they fell. They made this massive noise and I came downstairs and that's like, oh, crab, the bats fell. And I was like, you don't understand. This whole place is possessed. We have a poltageist. And he was like, m really not really sure that happened over your five minutes zoom wading. And I was like, no, no, wait, wait for the morning. There's gonna be a fucking it's gonna be fucking what it's gonna be pulled to guy the movie.
Speaker 1: There will be stacks ofient flying. Yes, it's flying. Cupboards are opening, cobbels are exactly.
Speaker 2: And so that I think I was just so exhausted and in such a crazy place that I was just out of my mind a little.
Speaker 1: Bit thought that something had been let in from another dimension. I get it, you saw yourself starring in a whole other kind of show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought this is the beginning. You've made a huge mistake. There's a portal now through the computer. The portal has been opened, has been a zoom portal opened, and anything could come in anything the meeting, I d yeah.
Speaker 1: The path they had, the pass code came on through, they had the mess you up. They've added a filter and they're in. This would be a good time to remind you that the universe, I deeply believe is on our side, that the universe is conspiring to make wonderful things happen for us. And I think that Matt just shut the bed on hanging those branches.
Speaker 2: I well, I well, because originally I was like, maybe you tied those so tin and he was like, not really, And I went back through pictures and there's literally just like one, the tiniest twig is what he looped around the curtain rod.
Speaker 1: In your mind, there was gorilla glue involved, guys.
Speaker 2: But that night I thought, you know, I thought it was like home improvement, like a whole situation, and this had just.
Speaker 1: Flown off, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that was the aftermath. But all these I still keep thinking, aboud, you have her on.
Speaker 1: Again, would you do it? Were you gonna hang out, Are you gonna sign up for your reading? I'm signing up for my reading. I'm gonna have my reading. I'll report back.
Speaker 2: Well, the truth is is that when I I did ask for another reading and she said she'd be happy to do it, but it's her I didn't realize her readings are on her podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh what they're not? No super private. Yes, I did think about that after, did you? It did not occur to me? Yeah I did. I didn't. I think an hour I might faint. Yeah, you would no longer be with us. You would crossover.
Speaker 2: I would cross over, and then I'd be having communicate with.
Speaker 1: Her how to get back.
Speaker 2: And so I don't know if I need that public.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we can laugh, we can laugh. I guess what you can get through anything. Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. I'm so glad that we did this together. Me too, Me too.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean I do think that you know, we need more. I like those episodes because they are just so wild and you really don't know where they're gonna go. But call that crew. I have to say you were with us on this one too, and and we kind of all experienced this together. Would you guys go see a medium? Is there a reason you wouldn't go see a medium? I want to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. Tell me all your experiences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to hear. And and I'm so thankful. Honestly, I was not planning on sharing it, and in light of how intimate we've gotten and vulnerable we've gotten on this podcast, it felt right to keep it in. I mean, I once it was done, I was like, crap, do I edit that part out? That was so intense? But but no, it feels like something to share. It was very real and uh and and and again there was more to it afterwards, and and.
Speaker 1: And yeah, here we are. I love it.
Speaker 2: I think you should. Yeah, I just I think you should send us out, send out this episode. Yeah, do the sign out, because you're.
Speaker 1: Losing me. I'm in the portal. She's she's at the portal's head. Is that a thing? A portal head? A brain's got? Second out of our buddies. Well, I think it's been a very impactful, very meaningful episode and experience in our lives, and I'm so happy that we are now recapping it on this short and suite and to that end, I would like to call it the end of this episode Episode