Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in. Scrub a dub dumb in the tub, tub tub. I feel like you had a really wholesome weekend. I did have a I felt very wholesome. Yeah, are you well rested rejuvenated?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say well rested, but yes, I am rested.
Speaker 2: I am rejuvenated. I have a new zest for life.
Speaker 3: Oh I love I love when these like I don't know, every month and a half you get zesty like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm zesty for I'm zesty. I'm in my wedding mode.
Speaker 2: Now what does that mean?
Speaker 1: I'm MIKEL.
Speaker 2: Let's g o give us an update. We have been for updates for.
Speaker 1: What Get me to the alter a l T e r Ar Altar Get me to the Altar?
Speaker 3: So you got engaged in September. We have been asking for updates since then. Essentially, do we finally have.
Speaker 2: Goes by fast? Let me tell you it really does. Actually, I feel like you just got engaged. I think so.
Speaker 1: I feel the same way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Time flies when you're fiance. Yeah, so have we made some decisions?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say we've made decisions. But I'm like way more proactive than I have been. Like I'm like I got the bug in me, and I'm just like ready now, Like I am constantly like looking at stuff, comparing, contrasting, getting price estimates. Like I am like in the thick of it.
Speaker 3: Now, what has what do you feel like has been holding you back of like just going for and plant being in the bug having the bug.
Speaker 1: I think that it's it's so overwhelming because it's a it's a lot of money. B It's like this thing I've been waiting for my whole life. So there's this pressure that I've put on it. So it's like everything has to be perfect, and there obviously nothing's perfect. So I've been able to like find the flaw in every little thing.
Speaker 2: So I just like keep starting from scratch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I yeah, So I think all that is like kind of what just I just felt. And then also a lot of people have been telling me, and it really is like a full time job. Yeah, and so once you start, you can't stop. Once you get on the train, the train goes, you know, like once you have a date, the date's coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I feel like that is I think what has held me back?
Speaker 2: But now I'm just like I'm ready.
Speaker 3: That makes so much sense. The perfectionist, the perfectionist aspect of it, because you do that so much in.
Speaker 2: Everything everything, Like I remember when you and Rob I can't remember, Like there's been so many times when you're going through something and you can find just the minute.
Speaker 1: Anything that's not perfect.
Speaker 2: Why are we focusing on that? Yeah, and then I scrap it. I didn't even put that together. But that is that is you. Yes, it's what you do. It's what I dost about every like, think about it.
Speaker 1: With a wedding, there's so many details. It's like the one thing I'm like next.
Speaker 3: But also there is a sense because obviously when you're in a relationship and there's things that you can pick out, it's another person. So it's like, you know, but this you kind of have control over. So what almost makes it worse because.
Speaker 2: And bless Robbie because he's like, I just want you to have the wedding of your dreams. So whatever you want, I'm like, but I need your help, like help me push me one direction. I know, but I feel like if he did, he'd be like, I don't want that. Yeah, lost, no matter what, he even knows it. He's a smart man. He is a smart man.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like, so we went on a hike this weekend and we were with the kids in sunny and it was like a beautiful day in la and I just like looked over at him and I was like, I love our little family and he was like, it's not complete yet, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, maybe, so emotional. Okay, let's get married. Let's go. That's what you needed. I needed that, okay, Okay. The wedding will be June.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, next week May eighteen.
Speaker 2: That's Ali's so oh right, that's my mom's birthday.
Speaker 3: That's okay, okay, Yeah, I felt like you're a really cute weekend y'all did like Chicken Tender?
Speaker 2: Well you did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Robbie really took the reins on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel sad about not participating in those things because of your not all interesting? I was wondering, like, do the kids are the kids?
Speaker 1: The kids don't care at all?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, one of the kids didn't even like the Chicken tour, so he was like more chicken.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Bud.
Speaker 2: But I tried a piece of chicken on one of the stops.
Speaker 1: And I was like, not for me?
Speaker 2: Which one did I tell you?
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you the names of any of them? Wow, but it was one that was in Woodland Hills.
Speaker 2: A long trick for Chicken Tender which is squid Games RV or are not rv VR?
Speaker 5: Oh? How was that difference or there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went to Squid Games v R.
Speaker 1: It was actually really really fun.
Speaker 2: Was it scary?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But like we did the bridge, you know, like the classic bridge, and I actually was like scared to step on it.
Speaker 2: Like I was like, I was like, I'm not falling anywhere. Hailey loved squid Games on a date night, but yeah, she would love it, honestly.
Speaker 1: It's like like green light, the bridge, all the like fun things.
Speaker 2: Woh okay, okay, that's that's a taking notes?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah is that what you went? Were? Y?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? So I was like jealous.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is what I want to be invited to is a chicken tender tour?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so sorry next time?
Speaker 1: Next time?
Speaker 2: Thinking an invite to the barbecue family time? Either? Interesting? How that works? Huh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know a lot of nose, a lot of no's.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to invite her over today.
Speaker 3: Three what I haven't been invited over for a cookout since twenty twenty three?
Speaker 1: True, I haven't done many cookouts this year.
Speaker 2: That's what's the reason. You know you?
Speaker 1: First of all, I asked you to hang out last weekend. I went wedding dress shopping and I was going to ask you to come, and you said, I have my sisters, yes, and so then.
Speaker 2: You couldn't come over to my barbecue.
Speaker 3: It was just the invite you. You know what it's like to want to be invited. It's very hypocritical, and I'd like someone to be on my side of how this dynamic happened.
Speaker 2: Who's say, Mike sam Can Sam Can Sam.
Speaker 1: Off on Sam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me thank you? Okay.
Speaker 1: I said, hey, Becca, are you free this weekend? I really I'm going dress shopping on Saturday, and I want to ask you an important question. She said, it's my sister's birthday and Haley's moving in on Sunday. I'm not available on this weekend, so I know these things. So I have a barbecue. I invite two friends over. Would I invite Becca? Who told me she cannot hang out this weekend because she has said plans. That's tough because just an invite would have been nice, but you knew that she had plans all day.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody told you they couldn't hang out this weekend.
Speaker 1: You would not invite.
Speaker 3: Someone told you they did not like country music. Why would they be expected to invite them?
Speaker 1: Because I like country.
Speaker 2: Harder for not two months even Beyonce said it's not a country album, right.
Speaker 5: Said I'm not available Saturday because I'm in London. That's different, but she's around. You could have said like, hey, I know you're busy this weekend, but we're doing this.
Speaker 3: Also, it's like, hey, I don't know what time you're done Sunday, but we're doing a barbecue if you and Haley want to come over.
Speaker 2: She loves Robbie's grilled shrimp.
Speaker 5: You've been moving all day. You're probably exhausted.
Speaker 2: We have so much good food. We actually had a lot of leftovers.
Speaker 3: Well, probably wouldn't have if you had sent out some extra invites.
Speaker 2: So anyways, everyone's.
Speaker 3: Always deeming me like I can't wait for you to call Donya out on her hypocrisy.
Speaker 2: So this is for the scrubbers that are team Becca.
Speaker 1: This is for the scrubbers that are non team Mecca.
Speaker 2: If somebody told.
Speaker 1: You that they could not hang out with you, said weekend because it was their sister's birthday and their girlfriends moving in, why would you invite said person to come to your house when they said they were busy.
Speaker 2: Because you didn't know my hours.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do anything Saturday because I was down in Newport, But Sunday it could have been like, hey, not sure if what time y'all finish today, but we are having people over and grilling. You know, when you know when you get the most defensive is when you know other person's right.
Speaker 5: You're right about about that. That's when you get most defensive. Yes, you know you're in the.
Speaker 2: Tanya gets the most you know I'm right because you all know that I am right here.
Speaker 1: You all know that deep down you Oh, you're trying to stir the pickle here, you're all trying to stir pickles ever, like literally, ever.
Speaker 2: Physically mentally or emotionally.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: I had someone in my question box ask like, do you ever miss men? I just was like no, like that was my answer, and everyone was like, this answer is so good.
Speaker 2: It's just matter of fact.
Speaker 1: It's such a random question, Like it's such a weird question because it's like, even when you're in any sort of relationship, it's like, do you ever miss more men?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? The other?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's like, yeah, you's just with one person.
Speaker 2: That's the whole that's the whole thing about monogamy. Yeah, you're just like person like, no matter who you're dating, you don't miss any other like either sex. Yeah, it was funny though.
Speaker 6: I don't think straight women miss men.
Speaker 3: I think so many people will be like, I'm married to a man, and I agree with this.
Speaker 5: I don't miss men because my family's all women and I work with all women, and I'm delighted. It's fine.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's heaven on earth. It really is utopia.
Speaker 1: Men are talent men What men are great?
Speaker 2: They are great? There are great, There are great.
Speaker 6: Men are reaching high things, lifting heavy objects, stops.
Speaker 3: There are like smoke alone. Our alarm battery is uh needs to be replaced, and the one that needs to be replaces in my vaulted ceiling, and so my ladder isn't tall enough, and so I don't have a big giant ladder because I haven't really had use for one.
Speaker 2: I tried to order one on Instagram Christmas lights. Yeah, but my I could reach this is like.
Speaker 3: On the tallest part of my ceiling. And so I was on the phone with Ali and she heard it like beeping in the background. I was like, oh, I'm so annoyed. I need a ladder, and her carson her pounces like, you need a man, and I was like, no, I just.
Speaker 2: Need a ladder. I'm just I don't need a man. Or like task rabbit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taskrab it can do anything.
Speaker 2: From now that Haley's moved in, I'm like, okay, handle it. You live here now, so handle the task grabbit. Oh yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, it's interesting the dividing up of the chores.
Speaker 3: Well, she's been like on me, and I'm like, well, you can do it.
Speaker 2: It's your house. She's moving in, I know, but still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you have like a landlord, I guess I am the landlord.
Speaker 2: I am her landlord. Yeah, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it feels really good that we live together because it was just time big day, big day chaos, because it's a very rush. Situation wasn't what we planned, but she had to get out of her place and we were like, let's just do it now, and it's so it's such a relief to be in one spot. But I will say having all of her, like, I felt bad because she had to kind of purge a lot because she's moving into my place that's already furnished and I didn't have time to make the room. So it's an absolute disaster.
Speaker 2: In my home right now. But it's okay, Yeah, it's just fine. It's all fine. You when you sell like me, you just say it's fine, we'll handle it.
Speaker 1: But maybe this is time for you to purge as well.
Speaker 2: I am Thursday, have a professional coming to help me. Nice.
Speaker 3: Nice, But speaking of homes that are not chaos, Easton had his historic home tour over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we live in a nineteen eleven Craftsman in Minneruvia, California, and every year they do this home tour where they invite people who have historic homes to like it's like an open house, Like you can buy a ticket and go through everybody's house.
Speaker 1: Do you get the money?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: We don't get the money the game.
Speaker 2: Do you get to say yes or no? Or is it like yeah, you know you can Like.
Speaker 6: They just like knock on historic homes and go like, hey, do you want to do this and they can say no or OK. So like four of their houses on our street did it, and it was really fun because I like know my neighbors. I'd never been to their house before, so that was only fun to like snoop around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like that.
Speaker 6: We had five hundred people come through our house. Oh my god, it was really fun.
Speaker 1: You had out like treats and stuff they did.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 6: We did people usually don't. We had a big bowl of Halloween candy, you know, purchased recently, but yeah, we want people sign our guest books. We're like, oh, have some candy, sign our guest book. And most of the comments on the guest book were like, thanks for the candy, great bowl that. I thought that was funny. I put out my sound effect machine from Dana Station, which has tiny saying it's so good.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 6: We had a scrubber come by that I met. Her name is Her name is also Tanya. She took a picture with the People's Choice of war. That was really fun. Wow, and it was a great time. A great time was had by all. I didn't feel violated at all. Have that many people strangers in my house?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's interesting because I was thinking, I don't know that I would ever do this, And then I was like, is this mandatory if they move into this neighborhood that they.
Speaker 2: Have to have a tour be a part of it? To probably do it? I want it. Yeah you would. I don't think I would. It's fun. I'm so paranoy No.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, it was really fun. Something I really liked is the other houses on the street were the youngest people on the street, like by several decades, and all the other houses they dress it up like period appropriate, like they have like, you know, a phonograph going and.
Speaker 5: Stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I realized in my office I have a lot of EM and M stuff, like Becky got me this like Eminem Dispenser of like them sitting in movie theater chairs. I have like a picture of doctor phil is.
Speaker 5: An M and M.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, people are going through here going, what's.
Speaker 5: This guy's deal?
Speaker 6: They said he worked at a radio station and he just loves EM and ms.
Speaker 2: Fetish.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a deep love, a deep and passionate love.
Speaker 5: It but it was.
Speaker 6: It was a really great time, and I hope we get invited to do it again someday.
Speaker 2: I feel like you will.
Speaker 3: It looked it looked really cue and if I loved closer, I would have come back.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Andy recently purchased.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was easter candy. It was like fun science, snickers bars and around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all year round. I heard you. You mentioned in our group chat that you did a speech fast over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can chat about that, but I feel like we should talk about your weekend.
Speaker 2: I had a fun weekend, but it was very busy.
Speaker 5: I think we should all speech fast until we come back from this.
Speaker 4: My gosh bad Joe b r B. All right, speech fast is over, just like that. Yeah, as I think it was just as quick for you over.
Speaker 2: The week much how long it lasted?
Speaker 1: So I read somewhere that's where I don't know KTLA or something. Yeah, honestly, it was on KTLA and it was like speech fasting, and so I was like kind of like reading up on the benefits and it was like brain fog focus all these things that I want more of and so I was like, you want more brain fag No, sorry sorry, like more focus less brain frogs and all that stuff. And so I was like, okay, so you're supposed to not talk till noon, and I'm like, okay, I can't do that Monday through Friday, but on the weekends I can do it. And uh, it's a lot harder than I thought. I realized it's like more, I can't just do it cold turkey like till noon. I have to ease my way in because I made it an hour on Saturday and about an hour and forty five minutes on Sunday. But I realized that it's hard because you can't really make a plan not speaking, so like it's like Saturday, we had to like talk about our plans for the day, figure out logistics, and I'm like, I'm not speaking, I'm like typing everything into the notes page, like Robbie's talking back to me.
Speaker 2: But it was like really hard. Why couldn't y'all text?
Speaker 1: Because when I wouldn't, I keep my phone away from me when I sleep, so my phone was not near me, so it was just his phone, so I'd grab his phone type it in his notes page and he would just respond to me. So that's how we would communicate for the first hour, and it was brutal. He loved it and he was like, this is.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting takeaway from the siting test that he loved it.
Speaker 1: I know, like I almost like he was like more attracted to me.
Speaker 2: I was like, he was like, oh the mystery. Yeah yeah. I was like, no, I went. I wouldn't even say it was a date. But Nile DeMarco, he is a model, and yeah, he was in.
Speaker 1: No never mind.
Speaker 2: He I think one day Stars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Anyways, he was on Dancing with the Stars and I had met him at a Dodgers game and he invited me to sit in his section like with his friends and family to watch him perform at Dance with the Stars. So I went and then afterwards we went to this bar like where everyone went after the filming, and he and I were communicating via phone like notes, you know, and I was like, I literally downloaded the sign language app because I was like, I want I would love to learn sign language, like it's on my bucket list. I think it would be so cool to learn. But it is really hard to communicate.
Speaker 2: I knew for.
Speaker 3: Both of us to do that, so I especially the it was like such a complicated thing because I wanted to get to know him so badly, and I felt bad that he was able to like read my lips and understand me, but I couldn't do the same for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I understand the challenge it was.
Speaker 1: It was a challenge, but it was a choice. Yes, it was a choice. And I'm gonna try again next weekend. Oh but I'm gonna try and do two hours, so I'm not just gonna go till noon. I'm just gonna try and gradually keep you know. And then I think what I'm gonna do is the night before I'm gonna set the plans for the next day.
Speaker 5: That smart, thank you.
Speaker 1: Just be pro active with the day instead of reactive, which is what I want to be in general. And yeah, I think next weekend we'll be better. Although it's Mother's Day and.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's gonna try Saturday to see what Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 2: I could do this so easily.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, coup, I don't need to talk to anyone for a few hours.
Speaker 2: Twelve would be here before you know, of.
Speaker 1: Course, how are you supposed to say, like how'd you sleep? When did you wake up?
Speaker 5: That's urgent?
Speaker 2: When did you get up to go to the bathroom? I don't, I don't think I am and like yearning for those answers that I wake up.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's all I can think about.
Speaker 6: What's normally the first thing you say, Becca when you wake up? Like if you're you're alone, Haley's not there, If Haley's there, yeah, Like, what's the like do you sing to Phoebe? Like, what's the first thing?
Speaker 2: Good morning chicken.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. I couldn't say hello more good morning to Sunny. And that broke my heart too, because I was like, that was a sad Instagram.
Speaker 6: Sorry I saw you. She was like.
Speaker 2: Nuzzled in there and.
Speaker 6: She has no idea what I want to say morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was probably so upset it was stressful. Honestly. Well, we'll get an update on round two. Yeah next week.
Speaker 1: Next week, stay tuned, stay tunes for the day. Tune. Okay, so let's get back to your weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, So my weekend, so Saturday yesterday on the fifth, and go to Maya was my sister Caroline's birthday, and then she celebrated on the fourth, and so we drove down to Newport.
Speaker 2: The fourth be with You made the fourth be.
Speaker 6: With you and with you, with you.
Speaker 2: And you and you, and so we drove down and she wanted everyone to wear wigs, and so I was gonna go as Cline.
Speaker 3: But I have to be in a certain like energy to be Cline. And I knew that if I came down there halfway through the day, I'd start feeling just like, oh, I feel so gross, and he doesn't make me feel calm by any means, right, And I have to be in the spirit of Clein to really commit. So I wasn't there, but I had my Daphne wig from a couple halloweens ago, so I just put that on with a cowboy hat. Well, Haley finds this random wig we still don't know where it came from, sick, and she put it on, and like halfway through the kickball game when we got there, she was like, I need to take this off.
Speaker 2: I feel terrible about myself, I don't feel cute, I'm getting insecure, and I'm like, take it off. Your fine.
Speaker 3: But the best part is I showed up and they were already playing kickball, and I'll be honest, I'm not a big kickball person, and so we were a little bit late and I thought like, oh, maybe I've missed the kickball game. And I get there and they're like, you're just in time. We need someone on this team, and I was like, all right, here we go. And the rule was that you had to be holding a drink like it could be water, could be anything, but you had to be holding a drink in the field. And so they were playing with this extra big kickball, like you you.
Speaker 2: Know, the standard sized kickball. It was like that but huge. So the first play I get out there, that kick it it.
Speaker 7: Comes to me and I'm like I got it and I'm holding my drink and it hits me and takes off my wing hat and glasses, and I was like, damn, that was the most unathletic thing I've ever done.
Speaker 2: Arden happened.
Speaker 3: Someone got a live photo of it, so it was a photo, but when they press play, it was the whole beginning in the face. So it was a real treasure we got. And then we just played games. That was so sore the next day, like spike ball, they're very active and athletic and their friends are so fun but also very active in athletics.
Speaker 2: So they have you youth. Yeah. Shoot, I was like, dang, I really feel my age, especially with alcohol. Doing any sort of activity drunk is like I didn't really drink a lot. Yeah, it was sober. The hit to the phase, I really thought. Yeah, And so that was really fun. And then yesterday we moved all the rest.
Speaker 3: Haley had moved a lot of her stuff in with me already, but we did like the final the final move with like everything.
Speaker 2: So now there's like no time apart. You guys just live together.
Speaker 3: Well I mean except for when she leaves me for work, but yeah, but we hated that. Anyways, we never didn't stay together, so it's just a depending on where we stayed. Right now, we don't have to I don't have to pack up Phoebe and drive to her place, which I'm so excited about.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: No, we're packing up Phoebe's food, Phoebe's dishes, everything's in one place.
Speaker 3: She's come when she said I'm coming home, it's to one place.
Speaker 1: So coming home I know.
Speaker 5: A major step, I know.
Speaker 3: I guess I've always thought because we have never stayed a night apart for as long as I can remember, and like we've just coexisted in two different places, like we'd stay at her place for a week and then be at my place for a week.
Speaker 2: So I've always felt like we lived together. But this is like, I guess, the final move of living together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's actually living together versus like living together. It's me yeah together, there's a difference.
Speaker 3: There is, and so we have taken that step and it's so cool because it's like my parents came out, my dad met Haley, and it felt like it was like this natural move into like future.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, yes, speaking of future, I was not looking for the two of you our future looking great.
Speaker 1: Yeah great.
Speaker 5: It's fun if you're both engaged at the same time. How fun was that?
Speaker 2: It could happen depending on how long time it takes a plan or wedding.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be married within the year okay, year from now?
Speaker 2: Okay, so within yeah.
Speaker 5: For sure before May five. You will be married.
Speaker 2: Before June of twenty twenty five, so that's.
Speaker 5: Not within any year by anything.
Speaker 1: Little change here in the little yeah eighteen months, yeah, correct, No, twelve thirteen by for June sixth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: You will be married? Correct? All right, you heard it your first Scrubbers, you've.
Speaker 2: Heard it here. First.
Speaker 3: You did get a lit anxiety listening to the Vile Files recap of Nick and Natalie's wedding, the wedding recap.
Speaker 2: But what stressed you out so much? Her hairdresser situation. I know.
Speaker 1: I for those that don't know, Nick Vial was on the Bachelor, he was the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: He was the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: He has a child with Natalie Joy and they just got uh, they just got married.
Speaker 5: He was from Wisconsin, yes, and.
Speaker 1: They got married in uh, Savannah, and they do a podcast together. And uh, she was telling this story about her hairstylist. Basically, I don't even I don't want to rehash it. But it was just a nightmare situation with her hairstylist.
Speaker 3: Well, he was a friend, so he was like also kind of a guest, but she had hired him to do her hair and he just was like showed up, very unprofessional.
Speaker 1: Try to like make it a business deal, like got these like brand deals for the wedding, and that she didn't sign off on, which is already like weird and shady and then like, yeah, wanted to be a guest and ended up like not being there to do her hair transition from one look to the other.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, that sucks. But I had to give a shot.
Speaker 5: Suck.
Speaker 3: That sucks, and you can't predict it, you can't prepare for it. So it's like you're just you just have to go with the flow and figure it out. And she had Lindsay's avits to her hair, who we love Lindy, and if I trust it, Like if I had a makeup artist like Lindsay, I would feel like, Okay, we're gonna salvage this because she is so like, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: And her hair looked so great. I don't have Lindsay.
Speaker 2: Girl, you're gonna do my hair out, my makeup next time. You got the skills, Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So she she did have the perfect makeup artist to save the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did.
Speaker 1: But it's like all those things.
Speaker 3: It's like again, the control of perfectionism you don't have.
Speaker 1: I would be like, shout out to you, Natalie Joy, because I would be on the floor.
Speaker 2: Position. I feel like Tony, let's get up, get it together.
Speaker 1: Well, like I have you because you could do my hair, I could.
Speaker 2: Do your hair, yeah, and a pinch and a pinch and a pinch.
Speaker 1: You'd be in there with at But also.
Speaker 3: I imagine you would have tawny to your hair and she would never do that to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could you imagine?
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm just like, you can't hire your friends. I think in those situations, I think it's better to.
Speaker 2: Have like No, I think you should be able to hire your friends. And according to Natalie Joy, she's got me rethinking some things.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I got a really cool offer to do something, and I'm it's just timing isn't right with when I'm going to be out of town?
Speaker 2: What don't tell me?
Speaker 1: Which I guess Yeah, okay, but I need a little more information than I got a really cool offer.
Speaker 2: It's to go out of the country with a brand. Mm I guess it's a brand, a network, a television network. Sure, a TV show? Sure you got a TV show?
Speaker 5: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 2: Well no, it's hold on.
Speaker 3: It's an offer, so it's it's based around a TV show, not me going on a TV show.
Speaker 1: Amazing Race, no Survivor, No Love, Island.
Speaker 5: No Traders.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I got invited to go to the Trader's mansion in Scotland.
Speaker 2: I will not be on it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I was like, You're gonna turn that down.
Speaker 3: Girl, No, But I was thinking, like me turning this down? Is this just like a bad look if I.
Speaker 2: Were what is it on peacock? Did peacock and bite you out? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So they were going to fly me out to Scotland, go to the mansion, spend days and just be able to do like content and stuff from there from the mansion. But it would be the day after I get back from Ali's wedding in Majorca, and I just that would be three weeks away from home.
Speaker 2: They fly you from Majorca.
Speaker 3: To the but then I'd be away from Phoebe for it just feels like a lot, I know. But I already turned it down.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, also, I feel like I think if I was going with someone like you or like I had a friend with me that was like a diehard fan.
Speaker 2: I almost was like, can y'all take Tanya Raud? She would in my place. She would thrive. I would thrive. Oh my gosh, I just finished New Zealand. Yeah, Traders.
Speaker 1: So now I've watched all of USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Speaker 5: Look at that.
Speaker 2: I really committed to the show. I have that I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm in, and I'm like now that I've watched them all like feeding for the next season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I can't be so like want mot about it, never sharing anything with y'all again.
Speaker 1: Well, to get on the show, Well, it was the setup.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you've been offered your own television show, and then we went.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to that. I will.
Speaker 1: On Traders.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 6: I thought she was being offered to advertise a peacock app, which is what it was. That's what I was expecting. I was still disappointed though, Sorry done.
Speaker 2: I can believe that I know. Anyways, I won't be sharing big life updates with the all anymore. Definitely not telling you if I get an actual offer to reality show, I'm just gonna ghost you all. No, if you if you get asked.
Speaker 1: To go on Traders, you have to be the first phone call.
Speaker 2: We'll see. We'll see if I get an invite to the next grill.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, the met Gala is happening tonight.
Speaker 5: They're on the red carpet as we speak.
Speaker 1: Have we seen anybody? Okay, anyone else?
Speaker 5: It's just by the way I clicked, I was like, oh, what's he? Whereing? I textedo, I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, here's my question.
Speaker 3: You get invited to the met gala, they tell you, and I'm sure they tell them when to show up. But let's say you have a choice of one to show up. Are you going carpet opens, you're on the carpet, are you waiting mid or you are you gonna.
Speaker 2: Try and be the finale. I'm gonna try and go first. I know, Yeah, I know you're.
Speaker 6: You're going to go first to Yeah, I want to hit the snack bar before it starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my last is also rushed and like stressful.
Speaker 5: If it's me first, but if I'm like if I'm bad Bunny laught like, it depends on who I am.
Speaker 2: And know you're Kim Kardashian, You're bad Bunny. Your tailors left?
Speaker 5: Oh, then you go last? You are? I think you're in the proper order of your place.
Speaker 2: In the celebrity Yeah. Interesting, I'm going middle, no matter who you are, no.
Speaker 3: Matter who I am, I'm requesting mid I don't want to be first and I don't want to be last. I want to have time to like feel settled once I get in there and like figure my see my surroundings, and like talk to people in socialize.
Speaker 5: What the whole thing is. You can spend the whole night getting.
Speaker 2: Your telling what happens in there.
Speaker 5: I don't know, right, like Easton wants to hit the snack bar before what Yeah, the party stand around and talk to each other, right, I want?
Speaker 3: But the rumors that Taylor Swift is going tonight, So will she be going with Travis Kelsey? Will she be going period?
Speaker 1: I don't think they're going either one of them.
Speaker 2: Why because I just have a hunch there's no no the.
Speaker 1: Ground. Yeah no. TMZ reported like back in March that they will, that they got invited separately, but they're not attending because she's getting ready for her European leg and Travis.
Speaker 2: I don't remember why. Travis's reason was, I'm.
Speaker 5: Going to keep refreshing in my social media and I'll let you know if I get anything on.
Speaker 3: Taylor preparing for her European Like she it's a few hours out of her day. She goes makes a huge splash right before her European leg starts gets people going again about I think.
Speaker 1: It's to rest. My gosh, she just shut eye, maybe a little eyemask.
Speaker 2: No, she'll rest on the jets. She'll get a little ivy, be back to good.
Speaker 1: We'll see I I love the Gala.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm with you by the way, I'm convinced Daddy I Love Him and I can do it with a broken heart are both going to be monster smash hits.
Speaker 3: Daddy I Love Him is so good, really good, still the favorite, so good. I just I really listened to the lyrics of Guilty as Sin and wow, that's a vulnerable track, vulnerable admissions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not one of my favorites.
Speaker 5: Oh, you guys got to live with them, though, I swear all of these songs. You just live with them for a couple of days and they're your favorite song. You think so I do.
Speaker 2: I'm still first half of the album though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Tortured post apartment, the title track is slowly creeping up to like.
Speaker 2: Top two for me, honestly, whoa wow. Yeah, the Charlie Pooth shot out really got me. You know, are you're a loyal Charlie poother.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do agree that I can do with the Broken Heart's gonna be huge smash. And I have a little piece of data for you. Fortnite had the biggest rise on American top forties since twenty seventeen. Wow, it leaves twenty spots. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 5: That's crazy?
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, Selfish by Justin Himber like falls twenty spots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I seems like that was JT the big comeback.
Speaker 3: Wait, have I told you all my theory that I think that post Malone looks like Matty Heally in.
Speaker 2: The video talked about this, No, I have picture proof.
Speaker 3: Just wait, just wait, because him without his tattoos, they have the same kind of shaped eyes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here he is. I can honestly already kind of see the comparison. I can post post with you and then look at Matt Matty Heally in this.
Speaker 5: I love that you have those ready to black and white.
Speaker 2: Do y'all not see the similarities? Yeah? Sure, because like, why else did you remove his tats?
Speaker 1: Why else would she pick post malone.
Speaker 2: Because he kind of looks like because he's amazing.
Speaker 1: But well, I know, yeah, but I mean when you have that look alike doppelganger your disposal, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A talented lookalike.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also had this realization that she probably was really upset with the Swifties for sabotaging her relationship with Mattie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was shocked to learn that they had been dating for like ten years. They haven't been dating, but she had a relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But before there was Joe, there was Mattie Healy.
Speaker 3: I know, but there was a history years in between them.
Speaker 1: I know, but it's history. There's a ten year history.
Speaker 3: There's probably always been the guy that she was like trying to get and it was like the challenge. He would like give her hope and then ghost her, and then she finally had him, and then all of us were like, oh.
Speaker 2: And then she's like a daddy.
Speaker 1: Guys that Swifties, I love him, And we were like, no, you can do better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I had that realization, was like, dang, should we go bad about that?
Speaker 1: I think she's good now?
Speaker 3: Okay, speaking of good now, speaking of thinking about past relationships, Chris Lane posted.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can sorry. I had a BlackBerry seed in my tooth and it was driving me.
Speaker 2: Nuts and I finally got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, this has been blowing my mind for the past however, long set it up for the people. Okay, if you don't know the players in the game, I'm gonna just I'm just gonna give it to you as like a Oh, let's use me as an example. I'm engaged to be married.
Speaker 5: Yes, nine months.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am engaged. So this is like me and my fyance Robbie and Robbie going to an iHeart show. Let's say for the very first time, I'm meeting Harry Styles.
Speaker 5: Oh, triggering, this has happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cut to I end my engagement. This is actually really I don't like the way that I'm sayings, but whatever, we're here. I end my engagement and I end up marrying Harry Styles. Yes, that is what happened in this situation, right with Lauren Lane, Chris Lane, her now husband, and Ben Higgins who.
Speaker 2: Ben Higgins is now married to somebody else.
Speaker 1: Everybody's fine, everybody's happy, and everybody has moved on. Also a right, right, Christina Aguilera. But the whole posting of it was so bizarre to me.
Speaker 2: So basically he's through.
Speaker 3: He was like, this was however, many years ago, is the night I met my future wife, and he has pictures of them all Lauren Chris, Lauren's ex fiance, Ben Higgins, and then Tom Pullman, who's from my heart, and so he's like, it was so great catching up all these years later with now my now wife Lauren, you know whatever, and they're picture documentation of them however many years ago and they they met and then now yeah, and then Ben Higgins commented on it. I had big, big plans for the two of you. Life works out exactly as.
Speaker 2: It should, my man, yeah, Ben Higgins, Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: It was just so interesting as I was like, no, that's such an unhingedbold.
Speaker 1: So too, because I'm like, even if like I'm not saying anything, there was no funny business going on, Like they could have obviously met there and didn't have any romantic relationships for years, it's still like, no.
Speaker 3: I totally believe that because Lauren dated someone in between them, so I don't think there was anything right, okay romantic.
Speaker 1: But like the fact that he fiance is a part of that moment just felt so.
Speaker 2: So there's something really kind of funny about it that it's been too just like poor Ben right, Like I was.
Speaker 5: Just like, oh, It's like if when Brad Pitt was married Angelina and he posted a picture and saying, here's the night I met my wife and he was right next to Jennifer at the time.
Speaker 2: Much better.
Speaker 5: Robbie and Christina. I mean, I'm kind of sure at this point.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was crazy. I was like, this is so wild, so wild. I had the same thought.
Speaker 3: But everyone is happy and moved on from that situation. It was just an unexpected throwback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unexpected for sure. Do we want to do an email?
Speaker 5: Oh, we haven't done an email at a bit. I feel like we have.
Speaker 2: We haven't not, Okay, it's an email. Should we take a break.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, We'll be right asked.
Speaker 2: All right, we are back and we have an email from Marisa Mark take it away, all right, Becka, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Scrubbing in squad. Longtime listener. I'll look forward every week to catching up with the gang during walks and car rides or cleaning the house. Remember that bit we used to do and what are you doing while you're listening? And I used to read off all that what they're doing while they're listening? Yeah, yeah, flash back. Anyway, I need some advice. I have a few friends that I feel like ghosting, and I feel guilty about it. I currently have an almost two year old and I'm due any day with my second. Spending time with my kids, my family, quality time with my husband, and some me time has been enough of a juggle. I don't feel like I've got enough energy to check in, hang out, keep tabs and all my friends. Even though they'll check in on me and bring up hanging out. I usually respond, but give a vague response, and I'm never the one to text first. But I feel guilty. Do I owe these friends? In explanation? If so, how do I frame it? No one seems hurt or mad, which is great. I'm just a people pleaser, and I feel guilty. How would you handle this situation?
Speaker 3: I I think even just to talk because it seems like your friends understand where you're at because they're not mad or making you feel guilty, So I think you that's really great that they're understanding of your situation. But I would even just say, like, hey, I know I've been kind of distant and vague and not super available, you know, as a friend, but just I haven't really had the capacity for it. But I really appreciate y'all checking in, and I just don't want you to feel abandoned by me. I just don't have the bandwidth to give a lot right now, but I love you so much, and just to let them know that you're thinking about them and you don't want to come across like a bad friend, but you just don't really have the capacity for that right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good idea to be proactive instead of reactive, because what I'm seeing here is like you're saying that you never initiate text. You are kind of vague when they respond, so that's like you reacting to them, whereas if you're proactive and you just say up front, hey, I feel like i'm you know a little bit. I love you, I'm here for you if you anything, but like I can't really hang for a bit until I get my boots on the ground. I think that they'll understand if they're real friends, They're going to understand that's the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just and I think they are real friends because they haven't made you feel bad for this. And I feel like sometimes even I don't have the capacity, and I don't even have children, I don't have I'm not pregnant. So I think you have a very valid reasoning, and I think that there's going to be a time where you really want your friends to be there and you just don't want them to like go away without having a conversation, because.
Speaker 2: You know they might if they are, if they're like, let's just move on.
Speaker 3: She's not really giving us anything, and you don't give an explanation. You don't want to come out of this kind of newborn parental haze. And everyone's kind of gone because you didn't communicate. So I would say, just communicate and be up in front and honest, and you know, good friends stick around.
Speaker 2: I agree, this is life.
Speaker 5: This is what happens. And they're going to go through this too, where they're going to be up to their eyeballs in it and not have time for their friends too. It's all this is the circle of life, cyclical and sil Everything is great. If you want to address it, go ahead. But these sounds like good friends are going to be there for you no matter what, So don't stress about it.
Speaker 2: Don't stress, don't stress. Stress. That's all we have for today, folks. It is. But you know we're going to be back on Thursday.
Speaker 1: With the one and only Hannah Brown. Her debut fiction novel Mistakes We Never Made, is out tomorrow, so we're going to talk all things.
Speaker 2: Romance, novels, her engagement, wedding planning, and of course Tyler Cameron.
Speaker 5: Well done, you too, Thank you. I do want to do homework for next week. Rolling Stone and Variety both ranked all of Taylor's songs.
Speaker 2: Are we saying albums or songs?
Speaker 5: Songs? And so? Because they have come up. I'm not going to make you rank all two hundred and seventy four of them, but I think we should rank our top five tailor songs of all time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so hard. What's number one on their list?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you. I'll tell you the top five for both Variety number five, Getaway Car number four, Cruel Summer number three, right where you left me? What number two? All to well? Ten minute version number one you belong with me?
Speaker 2: To disagree with Variety.
Speaker 3: I don't agree, No, I love Cruel Summer is definitely in my top five though.
Speaker 5: All right, let me switch over to Rolling Stone here.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna too well. Ten minute version also is.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to agree with Rolling Stone. I don't know what they're saying, but I think I'm gonna agree.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me tell you right now. Number five August YEP, number four, Delicate, Oh Yes, number three, mirror Ball, number two, number two New Romantics.
Speaker 1: The one that does not get the credit.
Speaker 2: It is a Charlie Pooth of Taylor Ships.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the number one, according to Rolling Stone, is all too well time in version.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Rolling Stone got it.
Speaker 5: So I think we come up on our own top fives.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you something so funny really quick. There's this contestant on Survivor this season that's like obsessed with Taylor Swift, like he loves her, and they did this because you just you're on the island. You have nothing else to do. So he did this game with one of the other contestants. The other contestant was a fan of like I'm totally gonna miss Van Halen or something I don't know, someone that I did not know any But they basically sat there and one by one they said a title of a song from their said artist. So he was doing Taylor Swift and the other person had to come up like in tandem. So they're like ping pong and back and forth and they were going for hours and the Taylor.
Speaker 2: Swift fan one, that's a good game. It was really long. We could last naming and there's like a timer for oh, you each.
Speaker 5: Have to Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can and you can't double it.
Speaker 2: Have three seconds before you get a buzzer.
Speaker 1: But I was like, what a fun game.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I love this cast of Survivor just coming up with games on.
Speaker 5: The island that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good game. Yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you Survivor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be back Thursday and with the Hannah Brown And.
Speaker 2: That's all for now, folks.
Speaker 1: T T Y L.
Speaker 2: I'm just soodful