Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois, Welcome.
Speaker 2: In episode one hundred and ten, what Dright with Nick Right? In the podcast and YouTube show We're All We're gonna have a bit of a call to action here is we're live on YouTube. We had someone at a Nebraska furniture mart, which does not exist where I live now, but did exist where I lived in Kansas City, and it's where I outfitted all of my first few apartments too. And if you haven't lived in the Midwest, you don't understand. It's like, imagine a place three times the size of the biggest ikea you've ever been to that has everything. They put the What's Right Show on their one hundred inch TV. We had someone at an airport bar at Lax put us on there. So if you're in control of a smart TV at a business somewhere, throw up our podcast and then tweet it, tweet it out and at me, I might not see it. At Demand's ay, he should definitely see it. And at What's Right Show, I think it's really cool to see this Dufus in his brand new shorts and sweats soup combo. Who got you for that for Christmas? Buddy?
Speaker 3: You did you know what?
Speaker 2: I folded my hand. I found out Demand was right that the sweatshirt shorts combo not only is a popular it's such a popular clothing item that they have matching outfits together. I got to that at Scotch and.
Speaker 3: Soda, one of your favorite stories.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite stores. I'm actually also wearing a Scotch and Soda sweats. I'm going with the more traditional sweatpants with sweatshirt. So if you're just listening to the pod you can't see our sartorial looks at the moment. You can do that by watching on YouTube. Here's what is not on what you roll your eyes because it said, sartorial, just get toss. Okay, let's get to what miss, no problem, JJ Watt announcing his retirement. I crushed Demons's hopes and dreams and our rematch of Madden and Airport Madness in the United States, which, by the way, if you are stuck in an airport, maybe they'll be as nice as the people at LAX were to put the What's Right show on the Airport television.
Speaker 3: Airport.
Speaker 2: It is wild. I don't know what terminal is in, but it's pretty cool. By the way, Demonsee didn't know we were playing for real stakes in that Madden game. He's about to find out, however, because uh, you know the wonderful people that own the ice cream shop next door. Yeah, you know their three wonderful children. Yeah, well they're all spending the night at the house tonight. That's fine, but they're also getting dropped off to the house about three point thirty and your sister's joking. I'm not joking. Your sister's not home, your mom's gonna be working at this very store, and my show's still going to be going on. So for about ninety minutes, you and those three wonderful well, I'm Sorryddy, I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do about it. I found out this morning. So it's gonna be old mister babysitter Demanse for about ninety minutes. I hope they enjoy watching Call of Duty. All right, time now for the show. We just talked about what one of my son's plans for today is. Let's sorry about what my other son did a couple of days ago. De Monsey.
Speaker 3: You must be the proudest father. Oh you have no idea. Luka.
Speaker 4: Doncice put up one of the wildest stat lines NBA history with sixty twenty one and ten against the Knicks on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: All right, real quick, before we even get to it, when I texted you that screenshot of his box score.
Speaker 3: Could you believe it? No, it's a I mean.
Speaker 4: That was wild, and I think especially seeing the the the missed free throw buzzer well not a buzzer beater, but a buzzer beater.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So we'll get into that right now.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: You said this game needs to be talked about in the same vein as will two hundred point game.
Speaker 3: In Kobe's eighty one point game. I'm sure we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah tweet, yeah, but yeah, there we go. I'm greatest regular season performance is in NBA history, alongside Will's hundred and Kobe's eighty one. Go ahead, what's the question?
Speaker 3: And what world is this even close to those?
Speaker 4: Well, it's better than kobe'sh have twenty rebounds or ten assists.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's my argument.
Speaker 3: We're either of those game and a loss Kobe's eighty one point game.
Speaker 2: But this wasn't a loss either.
Speaker 3: No, I know you.
Speaker 2: I was saying, no, they weren't in a loss. So I think the best regular season performances ever are in this order, Wilt's one hundred, what Luca did two days ago, Kobe's eighty one point gameron No Jordan Jordan had sixty nine, eighteen and six in an overtime win against the Cavs in nineteen ninety, a game that gets forgotten, but by Basketball Reference game score that's actually the best game ever by their game score metric. So here's why I Kobe's eighty one point game is more iconic. This was harder, and it was harder for a number of reasons. First of all, let me ask you this demonse, do you think in the next decade, some one else will score eighty because I do. We saw Devin Bookers score seventy. We saw Klay Thompson score sixty without playing the fourth quarter. We have seen James Harden score sixty without playing the fourth quarter. We saw Kyrie score sixty while barely playing in the fourth quarter. We also saw Kobe before the eighty one point game, score sixty two against the MAVs without playing the fourth quarter. Meaning we have seen guys come within the realm of an eighty point game if that's what they were gunning for, right, Okay, the sixty to twenty ten no one has ever approached it, including Wilt. It's an impossible status.
Speaker 3: I think about considering will have this body frame that he did well.
Speaker 2: It's and it's crazy. Almost every NBA individual game record, it's the first player to do X since Wilt, who did it fourteen times like Wilt is his own record book. Wilt never did this, so sixty points in and of itself is wild. Twenty rebounds, for the context of that, Lebron playoffs or a regular season has never had a twenty rebound game. Jordan never had a twenty rebound game.
Speaker 3: Uh what about my guy Jokic.
Speaker 2: Jokic absolutely has had multiple twenty rebound games. Jokic getting the sixty points seems highly unlikely. So Jokic, Jokic, I think would be the guy you'd say, maybe Jokic could do this. I'll believe it when I see it. Sixty is a tough number, as James Harden, who has a sixty point triple double in his career, the only other one in NBA history, has never had a twenty rebound game playoffs for a regular season, So I don't think this will ever be done again unless Luca does it again. So that's first of all. Second of all, they were down nine with thirty seconds left. They won the game. Play by play data goes back twenty at least twenty years. In the last twenty years thirteen prior to this game, thirteen thousand, eight hundred and eighty four teams had been down nine or more I guess with or No. Nine with thirty seconds left. How many of those thirteen thousand, eight hundred and eighty four do you think won the game? One or zero or zero? So it was an unprecedented comeback. Then there is the intentional missed free throw get the rebound, make the putback aspect of it incredibly hard to execute, and then the victory in overtime. All of that, and he did it on sixty eight percent shooting. All of that to me makes it more impressive than Kobe's eighty one. It is not. Again, there's a difference between what is more iconic and what is more impressive. What is more as far as when NBA fans think of and Kobe's a more iconic player, and Kobe was on such a historic scoring run that season that it culminating in the eighty point game is unbelievable. This was harder, and this was by definition more unprecedented. I know we're splitting hairs here, but scoring eighty one at a basketball game had been done before one time by Wilt Ten had never been done before. So for all those reasons, I think Kobe's eighty one point game, it's dropped one. Yeah, is third. And Luca just had the greatest game in the regular season that was ever televised because Wilt's game famously was on on. We got a lot of fans in here that disagree with that a lot. Okay, well, here's the thing. They don't it's not that much that disagrees who had the best all time game? Fifty three percent say Will. Question's not the who had the hardest, well most impressive. No, no, no, this is fine. But I agree it's Wilt. I have Wilt at number one. So twenty seven percent say Kobe, nineteen percent say Luca. So more people disagree with me than agree with me. But it's not it's not a route. And I listen, Wilt's one hundred point game stands on its own. It's it's one hundred points. It's one hundred points.
Speaker 3: We have no video of it.
Speaker 2: I know wasn't on TV.
Speaker 3: It's kind of strange if you ask me.
Speaker 2: Demont's conspiracy corner.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, the NFC clearly has three top dogs. Sorry Vikings, Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys look strong after taking down the Eagles, and despite Philly's loss, they stuffed the best record in the NFL at thirteen and two, and the forty nine ers are rolling with Rockport Party in of won eight straight. Yeah, we still got a lot of holidays spirit left in us. So let's play a game with these teams. Okay, this week is when you can return presence you don't like. So if these teams were gifts, who are you keeping and who are you regifting and who are you returning?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I'm keeping the Niners? Okay, then are this is not just because I picked them before the season to go to the Super Bowl. The Niners have been dominant for two months. The Chiefs crushed them, and since then they have been absolutely rolling. And they've done it despite the fact that they have a rookie seventh rounder at quarterback. I am regifting the Cowboys. I think the Cowboys right now are very dangerous and getting healthy at the right time. And I'm returning Philly. Listen, the two most important players on Philly's offense are their quarterback and their right tackle, Lane Johnson. Lane Johnson is done, they say us for the regular season. They hope for having back in the playoffs. I'm skeptical. And their quarterback. His injury is to his throwing shoulder. The idea that he is going to come back and just be the guy he was before is to me overly optimistic, especially because so here's so, I'm glad you mentioned that Demise. I would be incredibly nervous if I were Philly with my designed runs with him that you know what I mean? So it's it's it's just the worst case scenario that your quarterback, who was in some people's minds the league MVP, has an injury to his throwing shoulder. They are the most effective third and one and fourth in one team. Why because they do that rugby scrum where he runs into the line of scrimmage and gets pushed by his own teammates. Are you gonna be comfortable doing that with this guy? So the injury you suffered to your shoulder is an ac joint spring. He suffered what's called an sc joint strain, which means sterno clovicular. So I'm obviously not doctor, but the sternum and you're clavigal that area that concerns me. Man. So their secondary is banged up, their right tackle is out, they're quarterbacks currently. They have no playoff experience with this roster and this coach except for one game last year when they got crushed. I think Philly is the peak too early team, unlucky injury team. I'd be very nervous if.
Speaker 3: I were them. What would we do with the vikings? Sorry if you no you're fine, go ahead. What are we gonna do with the Vikings? We throw them away?
Speaker 2: Vikings are tough because here's how I see it going.
Speaker 3: For the Vikings. It's very simple.
Speaker 2: I think the Vikings in the first round of the playoffs are playing either the Giants, Washington, Detroit whomever should win that game. Then they play San franciscoing round two and get annihilated. That's what I think is gonna happen with the Vikings. And by the way, the Giants just played them as close as you can play a team. They beat the Giants in Minnesota on a sixty one yard field goal at the gun. So I don't think the Vikings are a lock if they play the Giants. Are the Lions for that matter, to win in round one? I think I would pick them to win, but I don't think they're a lot is But I think they're dead to the Niners.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. Is Rock Purty quarterback come playoff time? Well?
Speaker 2: I believe so. I mean, listen, Jimmy is still hurt, but with Purty playing the way he's been playing, even if Jimmy got healthy, I think I'd roll with Brock Purty. But right now he's their only quarterback option. Josh Johnson is their backup.
Speaker 4: So if say, in a crazy world, the Vikings beat the Niners because Rock Purty is nervous in the playoffs or something that.
Speaker 3: Could happen, go ahead, you can't see that.
Speaker 2: No, Well, listen, if they get past the Niners, then yeah, then absolutely, you've got to open up a possibility they go to the Super Bowl. I don't think they could get past the Niners, all right, I just don't. I think that Niners defense is too good.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Next, there's no poll for that one, or at least I don't see it.
Speaker 4: If there is no all right Down in Tampa, Tom Brady didn't even let the ink the ink on his obituaries drive before he pulled off another comeback in overtime and after beating Miami.
Speaker 2: On Christmas, Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay are.
Speaker 3: Still very alive. Did you foolishly write off Rogers and the Packers too early? And if they both make it, who has the better shot to lead a deep playoff from the Bucks? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, Rogers has not played well all year, and during this winning streak, he's been worse than he was the previous dozen games. During the winning streak where they have beaten the Bears, who can't beat anyone, the Rams, and then a good win against Miami, but they didn't play that well. Tua just melted down in that game. Rogers has three total touchdowns, two picks, and an eighty five FASc rating. It'd be one thing if the Packers all of a sudden, were alive because Rogers turned a corner. But that is not what has happened. Rogers has turned no corner. He's been mediocre all year. And Christian Watson, who's been huge for them, absolutely huge for them, has a hip injury and that is highly concerning. He's going to be able to play this week or not. And so listen, I think the Packers lose this week, but if they were to get in, I don't believe in them. The Bucks. Listen, the Bucks in round one would play the Cowboys. I'd be picking the Cowboys. However, the Bucks did beat the Cowboys nineteen to three earlier this year. And if the Bucks were to beat Dallas, would I give them a shot to go to Philadelphia? With all the injuries we're talking about, Tampa would by definition be coming off its biggest win of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: Let me say one other weird thing about the NFL's playoff formatic. If the Bucks win Sunday against Carolina, okay, they lock up the division. Because if you win your division, you're guaranteed a home playoff game and a top four seed. If the Bucks win, they will be eight to eight and have locked up the four spot. I'm saying I want to I'm ninety nine percent sure I'm correct on that. Let me make sure, just double check. If they win, Yes, if they win on Sunday, they win the division. So here's why that's relevant. The Bucks, having been mediocre all year long, can give themselves a buye they win Sunday, they are They can't fall below the four line, they can't raise above the four line. Week eighteen becomes totally meaningless for them, and all of a sudden, you can give Brady and Mike Evans and your defense and everybody a week off in Week eighteen, even though you have not earned a bye. You will be locked into your playoff seed, playing for nothing, and can go into the postseason rested in healthy. Dallas, on the other hand, if they win this week and Philly loses, Dallas will have to play everyone in week eighteen. Why because they will still be alive for the one seed and the division. So it's a weird spot where Tampa, despite being mediocre or bad all year, if they win Sunday, can just rest in week eighteen.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: The who will go further in the playoffs? Twenty eight percent on our poll question for people watching live on YouTube, No forget to put your questions and comments in the comments. We'll get to them at the end of the show. Twenty eight percent say the Packers. Seventy two percent say the Bucks.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Last, the Broncos finally ripped off the band aid with nad Hackett. Yeah, turns out you're right about Denver and also about Russ this entire time.
Speaker 2: Yep. Oh, yeah, let's not gloss over that. Let's not gloss over the fact that I had to listen to people tell me, Oh, Nick, oh, you're hating on the bron Goes because you're afraid demons the you're Oh, you can't actually think the Broncos aren't gonna be good? How could they not be good? They added? Russell Wilson. Oh, it's the toughest division ever.
Speaker 3: Supposed to know, Russell Wilson would be this bad.
Speaker 2: Listen to your boy, listen to me. I tried to warn everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, go ahead, fair enough, all right.
Speaker 2: As a reward, you get to watch.
Speaker 3: Mahomes and the Chiefs feast on the remains.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a good time as ever for Mahomes to make his MVP MVP statement game and lock up the one point two five million dollar bonus.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know he had that he gets. He gets one point two five million for one of the League MVP. So it's not like the same thing as like the clause with Kyler Murray and like the studying Like no, well, I mean it's it's not the same thing, but it's similar. It's like in addendum to the contract. Yeah, there you go, it's like a two ko Yeah, there you go exactly, except it's League MVP and it's one and a quarter million bucks. It actually, so here's a weird thing. And then I'll let you get to your questions. It's minuscule against the cap, so it's not a big deal. It's low key, though a tiny bit bad for the Chiefs. So the way you put contract incentives in into contracts in salary cap sports is there's likely to be earned and not likely to be earned.
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 2: The reason you have to have those is likely to be earned. Incentives count against the cap before you earn them. Not likely to be earned count against the cap retroactively. So here's let me give you an example. You sign up. Let's just say you sign Tyreek Kill with the Dolphins. If they say you get an extra million bucks if you get fifty catches, that million dollars automatically instantly counts against the cap because he gets fifty catches every year. If you put on there, if you are if you lead the league in touchdown catches, you get a million bucks. That's unlikely to be earned because he's never done it. Right. So anything that is win the super Bowl you get X, win League MVP you get X is considered unlikely to be earned because only one guy does it, only one team does it right. But then once you earn it, it counts against the cap. So Mahomes winning League MVP takes one point two to five million away from the Chiefs cap for next season. Not a big deal, and he's earned it, but it is a little interesting nuance, at least interesting to me. Might be boring to other people. What's your question?
Speaker 4: The more you know, Yeah, is Mahomes prime to win back his place in your heart from Luca with a performance for the Ages this week in Arrowhead?
Speaker 2: All Right, I don't want a Mahomes performance for the Ages. I don't flatly. I just want the Chiefs to get out of these next two weeks help. So, sometimes injuries are a combination of skill, coaching, and luck. Some injuries are just bad luck. And sometimes teams clearly coach with injuries in mind and call plays with injuries in mind. And the Chiefs are in a position where, while the Eagles are getting banged up and the Bills are getting banged up and the Bengals just lost their right tackle, the Chiefs quietly have been incredibly healthy the last few weeks. They're getting McCole Hardman back. They're about to get Clyde Edwards, a lair back, which I don't really care so much about, his third best running back on the team. They are going to be super conservative in their play calling and how their style of offense these next two weeks to try to make sure most notably Kelsey and Mahomes stay healthy. And so I don't expect there to be a lot of deep downfield over the middle passing. I don't expect Patrick to be running a lot. I expect them to be three step drops, get the ball out of his hands, run the football, get out.
Speaker 3: Of here with victories.
Speaker 2: And the Raiders did the Chiefs a solid here by conceding their seasons over going to Jared Stidham. What I was a little nervous about was the Raiders would stick with Carr, win this week, have like a two percent chance at the playoffs going into Week eighteen, and be you know, a kitchen sink type of game. Instead, they're done. They benched Car, they went to Sidham, they lose this week and it's over. And so now the Chiefs just need to stay healthy because they're not going to be able to rest everybody in Week eighteen because the one seed is still in play, so they're only the The other thing that's really weird is for the Chiefs if they win their final two and the Bills lose one of their two games, either the Bengals or to the Patriots, the Chiefs are the one seed. They get a buye. If the Chiefs lose one of these games, they will fall potentially to the three seeds not get a BUYE have a very tough Round one game, probably against Baltimore, and then be going to Buffalo or Cincinnati in Round two be disaster as opposed to being at home and being in a position where Buffalo and Cincinnati you only have to play one of them, and it's after they've played each other, assuming they both win Round one. So it's a very, you know, small needle the Chiefs are trying to thread. I think it's gonna work. And I think the fact that the Broncos the Broncos firing that Hacket, maybe they'll have a bit of a booze. But the replacement coach is the dude Nat Hackett hired mid season to run the clock forum. Jerry Rossberg has never been an NFL coach. I'm not worried about the Broncos. I'm not worried about the Raiders. I just need the Bengals to beat the Bills on Monday Night. Coaching shortage, man, Yeah, it it's hard. They need to pull. I'll tell you this much. Six more months, demanse of you playing Madden as often as you've been playing.
Speaker 3: Lately, I'll be able to surpass net Hackett as far as coaching.
Speaker 2: Well, you've already surpassed him as far as clock management. Not coaching, but clock management. Six more months of Madden, You'll be better than eighty percent of coaches in the NFL. Take quick Break, Break play some games. Re live on YouTube with episode one ten of wa Trait Show.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion. And Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studio director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in Let me send out this link for episode one ten of What's Right Show for our Twitter audience. There we go, so hopefully more people join us on YouTube. We're just short of ninety one thousand subscribers on YouTube. We are going to extend the bonus period. We were said by January first. We're not gonna get to one hundred thousand by January first. We're gonna extend it through the super Bowl. So if we can get another nine thousand, three hundred YouTube subscribers between now and the Super Bowl, Demanse will get a thousand dollars bonus, which would be very useful us. Demanse's is getting ready to move cross country move to Los Angeles. We're gonna have some podcast. We're gonna have to figure out what we're doing podcast wise when Demanse moves. We got a lot of potential possibilities. We haven't really discussed it yet. What might have to hire somebody? Oh well, I'm talking more about what we're gonna do as far as how we're gonna do the co hosting. You mean, as far as setting up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, I mean I just can't see you doing that.
Speaker 6: I understand, I get that, you know what, de Monte. The more I think about it, I can't see myself doing it either. So yeah, we might have to we might have to bring in some outside help.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, you mean, you don't see me every day getting here a little early, putting cameras together then putting them away afterwards. You don't see that being on brand for me these days. I've gotta tell you.
Speaker 3: Got something in the works. Though Victor might be coming out here. I probably shouldn't have said.
Speaker 2: That Victor might be coming out here. Let's let's keep that off the area. Victor's running from the law or something.
Speaker 3: What you're doing.
Speaker 2: Uh, but no, we'll figure it out. There's a lot of Listen, there's a lot of people that would love to be, you know, a contracted employee for the Blue Duck Media in Buyer.
Speaker 3: I got Joe.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know who Joe is.
Speaker 3: Say I didn't do anything for you, Joe, Okay, who's Joe? My friend?
Speaker 4: It's like my only friend that whenever I tell you I'm going out with Joe and his girlfriend, it's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Your friends in New York. Yeah, oh Demante out here.
Speaker 4: Well, he's a big fan of you, and I never I didn't tell him that you were my dad. Oh really all the podcast one day? Yeah, Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: It's a big fan.
Speaker 2: He'd like to But okay, we'll figure it out. Listen, We'll figure it out. Or it'll just we'll just go back to doing it for my house. We've built this whole studio. I don't know. I just know that it's good. But but it's not the point. The point is subscribe on YouTube, hit the bell so you find out when we go live. And by the way, apologies Monday for not being on the air. Colin Gowherd got marooned as half the country did seemingly traveling and couldn't get to the couldn't get to La in time to host The Herd, so I had to host The Herd on Monday, or I got to host her on Monday. I should say it's ton of fun. It's always honor feeling for Colin. But because of that, we had to do it the last minute. Cancel. What's right. It wasn't because we were taking the day off. It wasn't because the holidays. Was just because I had television obligations. Does that set up his own cameras and lights? Now, I'm gonna say Colin does not do that. I'm gonna say Colin Colin sits and has the microphone. I don't even know who turns on his own microphone. But you know, when you're the greatest sports radio guy ever. You've earned that type of dispensation. All right, let's play a game. What are we doing, Demante?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: With twenty twenty two come into an inn, we thought we'd have our very own Nick Sture, dominant soussayer of sport look into the future to tell us.
Speaker 3: What twenty twenty three holds for. That's a great quarterback. I like that. Go ahead, his awesome.
Speaker 4: Zach and Mac in the AFC East seem to both be on their way out. You hinted you think Derek Carr could be heading east. The Rams and forty nine ers have serious quarterback though it was with Stafford and Baker in La for now Jim Lanton Brock in San Francisco. Lamar and Tua both are dealing with uncertain futures with those injuries. Yep, and Russ. We all know about Russ. Not to mention Bryce Young, c J. Stroud and will Live Levis and the draft. Dick, Sir Damis, use your powers to predict where the dominoes will fall.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think Derek Carr is gonna play for the Jets next year. Okay, Zach Wilson's done. Maybe they trade him for a sixth round pick or something. He's done. Mike White's a nice story. They're not going into a season with Mike White as the starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: They're just not.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna sign Derek Carr, and they're gonna be very happy with Derek Carr. I also think Derek Carr coming available hurts Jimmy G because Jimmy G was going to be the best available quarterback. Take Brady out of it, because Brady's in his own category. But now I think most people think Car is better than Jimmy G.
Speaker 3: I do so.
Speaker 2: I think the Jets will go after Carr. I think Washington goes after Jimmy G. Now, maybe Carson Wentz goes on a magical run the next few weeks. That's not gonna happen. They've already soured on Wins, even though they're going back to him. They wanted Jimmy G last year. He then had surgery because he didn't want to go there. I think they offer him money. I think Washington goes after Jimmy G. I think Mac Jones is the quarterback for the Patriots next year. I think it's dumb. I think Bailey Zappi gives them a better option, but they're stuck and screwed either way. So I think Zach Wilson's gone with the Jets and Derek Carr goes there. I think Mac Jones is the quarterback for the Patriots. I think Jimmy Garoppolo. The Niners are not re signing Jimmy the Niners, though. I think Brady goes to either the Niners or the Raiders. I think that the Raiders with Josh mcdan, or the Niners, which is home for him his childhood. All. Now, if Brock Purdy wins the Super Bowl, obviously they're gonna roll with him. But bringing in Brady for a year when Trey Lance hasn't shown you anything yet, and my guess is at some point Purdy looks like the seventh round rookie that he is, I ain't that might be too attractive for both sides to pass on while having Purdy and Lance under contract. So I think Brady to the Niners. I think the Raiders are might be, you know, left without a seat in musical chairs. Now, maybe they make a run at Jimmy Garoppolo. Maybe that's why they're moving on from car to make a run at Jimmy themselves. Josh McDaniels obviously has the history with Jimmy. But I if you're the Raiders, if Derek Carr is not good enough, why would Jimmy Garoppolo be good enough? Tua, I think he's gonna be the quarterback for the Dolphins next year. I don't know if he's gonna play again this year. I think's gonna be the quarterback for them next year. Lamar. I think the Ravens just gonna franchise tag him again and we'll see if he holds out. It wouldn't be holding out if they franchise tag him, but if he refuses to sign it. But I think Lamar stays with the Ravens. I think Tua stays with the Dolphins. Le Broncos have no choice but to stay with Ross, no choice whatsoever. Bryce Young is gonna be the number one pick of the draft and go to Houston. I'm not sure about the others. If I'm the Bears, you're obviously not drafting a quarterback, but you can trade that pick to a team that needs a quarterback, And I thought the Jets might make a godfather offer for Lamar would the Raiders make a Godfather offer for Lamar? Maybe. I don't think the Ravens are gonna let Lamar go. I think the Ravens are gonna try to work something.
Speaker 3: Out with Lamar.
Speaker 2: Lamar is a flawed player, but they don't want to start over at that position, and he's been great for them, especially given that he was the final pick of the first round. I think Lamar stays with the Ravens. Cut this, mark, this whole thing down, and remind me in five months. We'll see how I do on all of it. My predictions are that Zach's done in New York and they get Derek Carr. Mac Jones stays with the Patriots, Jimmy Garoppolo goes to Washington, Brady goes to San Francisco or the Raiders. Lamar stays with the Ravens. Russ obviously stays with the Broncos. Tua's the Week one starter for the Dolphins next year. All right, what are we doing now? All right here, it's a new game.
Speaker 4: Time for a new game, Okay called Saint Nick. I'm gonna have some fun photoshops in here, Okay, fun, All right?
Speaker 3: We got another new no, No, we have another new holiday theme game. And got we just said that.
Speaker 2: Okay, there it goes, lily fast. We have a new holiday themed game. Yeah, because I had already said it, I understand, so I would try to repeating it.
Speaker 3: Just because Christmas is over doesn't mean that we're done handing out presence yet. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In this game, I'll be suggesting some gifts for you to give to some of the stars from the NBA Christmas Games. Okay, Luckily, Saint Nick knows just what to get for guys who already have everything. So let me know if I got it right. Okay, if you have a better idea. Okay, first off, we will start with your favorite Slovenian son. Yeah, Luca needs some help taking the edge off after carrying his team night in and night out. He said he wanted a beer after his sixty point triple doubles.
Speaker 2: Such a legend.
Speaker 3: But we all know what he really wants, and that's a cigarette.
Speaker 2: So what are we getting him? Some cigarettes? Okay, look at that is a funny photoshop. I Lucas shouldn't be smoking during the season.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's proven that he can.
Speaker 4: I Well, we're not gonna act like he's not smoking cigarettes throughout the season.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he is or not. It'd be kind of legendary if he were. I love that he's a different recovery beer. Also, have you seen Luca lately with the Dunks. Yeah, he had a couple of hammers lately that I didn't know he could do. A carton of cigarettes seems a little ambitious, Luca. Do you think Luca does what I do, which is the one cigarette a day thing? I smoke one. I shouldn't do this, and it's not every day, but most days when I get home from work, when I walk the dog, I smoke one Cigarette's my one cigarette a day. I think Luca after a game, this one heater rewards himself.
Speaker 3: I think got a cigarette and a beer after that game.
Speaker 2: You do? What a legend? I think he's such a legend. All right.
Speaker 4: Next next we got Lebron. Yeah what, Andrey Davis said to miss significant time. The Lakers are back where they started, unfortunately, HM. At this point, Lebron is really on chasing records and building his legacy, so let's help him out.
Speaker 3: We saw Dirt get his statue in Dallas over the weekend, so let's get ahead of it and give your greatest player of the last fifty years a statue outside of the crypt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think I think Lebron deserves statues outside three arenas three Well, Cleveland, there's no question, of course. And the statue in Cleveland should be the Block. It should be the block on Iguidala to win the title, that should be a statue in Cleveland. Miami, it should be the dunk the Wade, Yes, the Wade Lob Dunk. I don't know if Miami will give him a statue. Wade's gonna get a statue because I don't say Wade because I don't know if he'll get one.
Speaker 3: I think he should.
Speaker 2: I the Wade is the most iconic player in the history of their franchise. Lebron's the best, and you.
Speaker 3: Get one in LA though, what'd you say? I get one in LA?
Speaker 2: Why you won a title?
Speaker 3: A bubble title? Okay, stop that, I am the fans.
Speaker 2: Stop that.
Speaker 3: And I think the image.
Speaker 2: That he should have in LA is whatever he's doing to break Kareem's record. When he breaks Kareem's scoring records, like, yeah, whatever that is. Now knowing Lebron, he might try to break Kareem's scoring record while doing a skyhook. Kareem's you know what I mean, Like if it's uh, if he knows he's a point away and it's not at the end of the game, maybe he'll try to like, you know, try to see it. But if and if that's the case, then it can't be that because Kareem's statue is the skyhook and that is when you live. When you were in LA, did you ever go to what was Staples is now the Crypt and see the statues?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I think I went to a game with you there. I don't think it might have been a Clippers game, but it's.
Speaker 2: Same or same stadium.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's so cool.
Speaker 2: Shacks hanging on the rim and Magic was out there, right magic Kareem. It's so cool.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think Lebron should get a statue there, and also he might win another title with the Lakers at some point, but depends. Lebron said after the game yesterday he was asked about playing another seven years. He's like, yeah, I don't know why not, So like, as long as I keep my mind in it, I'll keep my body in it. He's playing at a super high level, so we'll see they're not gonna win it.
Speaker 3: You're having a silent contest.
Speaker 2: Clearly, none, no, clearly.
Speaker 3: All right. Next, Yannis may be the most gifted athlete in the world, but we all know he struggles from the charity straight.
Speaker 4: He's shooting worse than he has in five years from the free throw line, throwing ladders after games. By the way, yeah, let's send him on an all expenses paid trip to basketball summer camp where he could work on his fundamentally.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm not gonna deal with this insults to Yanni's the best player in the world.
Speaker 3: It's our best one.
Speaker 2: Yet that is a good faking I like that photoshop Yannis. What was he to win his fifty point game to win the title seventeen of nineteen from the free throw line? Hey, it was something like that. It was the what what are you rolling your eyes about? I guess yeah, I mean I think it was seventeen nineteen for the free throw line. I'm not gonna criticize Giannis for the one slight flaw in his game, which is the lack of a consistent jump. We didn't do this to Shack exactly what we kind of did you well, but Shack sometimes would be taken out of games at the end because the free throw shooting was so bad. Jiannis is not like that. Jiannis didn't fifty from the line, and like I said, to win the title, he was nails from the line. So I'm not insulting Yiannis like that. Next, hold on, I guess Oh, cheer guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get that, okay for now, all right? Next up, got my boys in Boston, Jason Tatum and Jalen Brown. Gift that is long overdue.
Speaker 4: With Anthony Davis out for who knows how long the debate is over, I'm giving them the official title of best duo in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's fair. Look at that. Oh look at you. Yep, Uh, that's fair. You know who's sneaky, just very brief, like just the last few weeks is and this one pains me, but he is making an argument for best. We go to a lot of their games. Oh yeah, Katie and Kyrie. I mean, Katie is playing out of his mind and Kyrie has been really good lately. I got any credit words due I don't exception of the game that we went to, the game that we went to he wasn't. But I mean the game against you're talking about. We've been to a bunch of the games you're talking about.
Speaker 3: The one, the last one that I went to was against the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Against the Bucks on a couple of days before Christmas. Uh. But yeah, Tatum and Brown are the best duo in basketball right now. With Anthony gave us out. With Ad playing the way he was, it was Ad and Lebron and the Lakers still weren't that good. But Tatum right now is the favorite, uh in Vegas for League MVP. It's a wild MVP race because Tatum has a strong case. Durant has a strong case, Luca has a strong case. And the guy we're about to talk about, Nicolao.
Speaker 4: With Kyrie is his case not strong because of the games that he missed with his little stint for MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because the second best guy on his own team. Okay, same reason Jayon Brown can't be MVP. You know what I mean. I mean, they're really good players, but the second best guy on their own team.
Speaker 3: All right. Next, Hey, if you're watching on YouTube, give us a few more gift suggestions. We'll try to hit a couple of your questions. Next.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, So next we got your favorite? What to get the reigning back to back MVP your respect? No, that's clearly impossible. Huh, considering Jokic has proved he's still by far the most valuable player in the league so far this year, Let's just give him what he's owed, a third straight MVP and his second straight Michael Jordan MVP Trophy, the redesign one named after the Goat, and we'll throw in a slide of your tears.
Speaker 3: Look at the goat.
Speaker 2: Look at the picture with me crying.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Three. I wouldn't have a problem with Jokic being MVP this year if his team, Yeah, if he didn't win the previous two. This year, he's doing what we have asked every MVP other than him to do, put up those numbers while leading a team that could win the title. We made an exception for Russell Westbrook, and then we made back to back exceptions for Jokics that I did not like this year, But and at all, the NBA media acted like I was so far out of line because two years ago I said the MVP was Chris Paul should be worth noting Chris Paul then played Jokic in the playoffs, beat him and made the finals. Last year, I said the MVP was Luca Luka with a very similar supporting cast two Jokic's. Jokic went out in round one, Luca went to the conference finals. But last year, my big argument was the guys who have won back to back MVPs are Russell Wilt Kareem Moses, Larry Magic, Michael Duncan, Steve Nash, Lebron Jannis. That was the list, okay, And I said the Nash one looked bad and Yoki shouldn't get it, and all NBA media was like, that's not how this reward works. It's about this year and this year. Only watch that same media not vote for Jokics this year because they don't want him to win three straight, exact same thing they did with Nash, which Nash won back to back the third year. His team was the best it's been and he was the best he has been and he got one vote or no, I don't know him getting one vote accurate actually, but he didn't win it because people were like, he's not gonna win three straight. Also, by the way, Jannis won back to back before winning a title. The next year, because he hadn't done in the playoffs, he got one vote because people were like, we're not giving him another MVP until he shows it in the playoffs. So Yo Kic. In a just world, two years ago, Chris Paul would have been League MVP, last year Luca would have been League MVP, and this year Jokic would be the leading candidate. Instead, Jokic won each of the last two and this year, when he's having his best season, Nuggets are the best team they've been. He's not gonna come close. But that's because nobody listens to me on the MVP stuff. It's all right, History smiles fondly upon my indelible perfect record of MVP opinions. We answer your questions in the chat next What's Right? Welcome back in episode one ten live on YouTube, and we are now going to read your questions and comments from the YouTube's comments section, as we always do to wrap up these shows. Don't forget tomorrow our Week seventeen NFL gambling show, coming off a brutally unlucky Week sixteen. Those were good picks. They deserved better than the one and four record. We'll discuss that on the Gambling Show tomorrow. Demons, what do we got today? From the comments?
Speaker 4: All right, Jameel Warren said, I need this question answer because it sounds crazy, but it just might work. Okay, trade Lamar for Justin Fields and a first and second from the upcoming draft.
Speaker 3: Who says no?
Speaker 2: And why the Bears say no? The Bears absolutely say no. First of Justin Fields, though they love Justin Fields. He's incredibly cheap, which matters a lot. And you've got to say right now, I think Justin Fields has slightly more upside than Lamar.
Speaker 4: He's definitely beating him in the mobile. I think that he's a better mobile quarterback.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think he's a better runner, then he's just then he definitely has more upside because he's an unrefined passer, but he has more room to grow. I don't think you said trade Lamar for Justin Fields and a first and second. I don't think the Bears would trade Lamar or Justin Fields for Lamar straight up, much less throw in draft picks that Lamar is about to. If you trade for Lamar, you gotta pay him fifty million a year. Justin Fields has two more years of basically being free than a fifty Like no, sorry, Jameel, but the Bears are not interested.
Speaker 4: Next, Murphy Berger asked which potential four seed is more likely to make some noise in the playoffs, Jacksonville or Tampa.
Speaker 2: Back, I think Jacksonville is gonna win their first playoff game. I think Jacksonville is gonna beat the Chargers in round one. It's in the argument is it's in Jacksonville. Now, obviously it would be in Tampa as well. Staley has no playoff experience, Herbert has no playoff experience. Trevor has no playoff experience on Jacksonville side, but Doug Peterson has a ton It's won a Super Bowl, and Jacksonville will be hot. They're able to I just now again, Jacksonville's got a win in Week eighteen to get there.
Speaker 3: I think they will.
Speaker 2: I think Jacksonville's more likely jackson Let me put it like this, Jacksonville is more likely to win a game. But if you were to say one of them is going to win two games and make the conference championship, that would be Tampa. Like, I think that Tampa is more likely to go on a magical run because Jacksonville if they If they win that first game, they then are probably gonna have to beat either Kansaity, Buffalo or Cincinnati. I don't think they could do that, but I do think they can beat the Chargers in round one.
Speaker 3: Next. All right, man Deep saying he who would you rather have have to start a team? Prime? Who would you rather have to start a time team? Prime? Aaron Rodgers are prime?
Speaker 2: Peyton Manning, Peyton Manner, Peyton Manning is? I how do I Peyton Manning? There are arguments to be made, He's the most technically perfect quarterback ever. They both got a little worse in the postseason, and Manning was more durable than Rogers. Manning did it over a longer period of time than Rogers. To me, it's peateon Peyton is. I think is a very very strong case his second greatest quarterback ever, with respect to Joe Montana and respect other guys. I think Peyton has a very strong case second greatest quarterback ever. And so to me, it's not even a question like Rogers all time great. Peyton's in a tier above him in my opinion. Peyton also went to four Super Bowls, one to two. Rogers has been to one, one to one. Now, the second Super Bowl Peyton won. He was not good that year. But even if you take that out, then went to three super Bowls one one to me.
Speaker 3: It's Peyton next, all right, Kira asked Nick, what do you think of Lebron's comments aimed at the Lakers front office.
Speaker 2: Listen, I angle Lebron. Lebron's an interestant comments yesterday about wanting to compete for championships and about how long he thinks he can play a angle. Lebron's been actually on pretty damn good behavior as far as not subtweeting the Lakers or being mad that they're not making any moves, all of these things. And I think it is because he believes he's going to be continuing to play at a very high level for multiple years to come, and so he doesn't look at this as like his last chance to win a championship. I mean, he said, I forget who it was. One of his teammates said that, he said he was playing and played till lost forty five. That seems crazy. He turns thirty eight tomorrow and we'll you know, him playing another six years seems crazy. But in playing another three or four years does not. All right, last one, all right.
Speaker 4: We'll kick two said that crying picture edit is going to be a Twitter response to you all the time.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I know that's what the are. Okay, Now they're gonna put it big on the screen. It looks like I don't think they understand our producers that people then screenshot these things and use them against me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see them all the time.
Speaker 2: You see them all the time. So it's well done. I don't mind it. It's it's well done. I'm trying to remember what I was even you they call you this bump with my eyes, all right?
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 2: That is one of the reasons that uh, you should watch us on YouTube, not just listen to the podcast. Demanse excellent show. Nice fit wearing the Christmas present. I love it. We will be back tomorrow with episode one eleven our week seventeen gambling show. Also, please tweet to Demanse babysitting tips or a nine year old girl, a six year old girl, and a four year old boy. As Demonse is gonna be doing that this afternoon until I get off with the TV show.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna set up the game of Monopoly for him and just leave them.
Speaker 2: They can't play monopoly and they can't know. Maybe maybe sorry, maybe they ca sorry, You're gonna have to. By the way, they're all scared of the dog, so you're gonna have to. You got a lot going on, so Demanday's got a busy day. He's gotta break all this equipment down. He's got to make sure the shop looks good for when Danielle opens. He's got to do all his work for Fox, which, by the way, today I do believe two days of ratings come out. So you have a lot to do and you're gonna have to babysit, so good luck, enjoy. We'll talk to you guys. Oh, Danna will be there. Dana will help out. So there you go to work the babysitting stream. Oh live twitch the babysitting. We'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What's right,