Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 4: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins. See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The playoffs are upun us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices views from your seat, the lords price guarantee game time. Take it the guests work out of buying tickets. Save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game Time will credit one hundred and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time out, create an account, use code Nightcap twenty.
Speaker 3: Dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again.
Speaker 2: Creat an account, redeem code nightcap nigt CAAP for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, last minute tickets lowers price guaranteed. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for joining us for another episode of nightcap. I'm your favorite UNC Shannon Sharp, the guy that's down at the bottom with the sunglasses on in the ball, the freshly shaven head. He's name you know what. Before I tell you his name, let me tell you a little bit about it. He's from a liberty city. He's a route runner extraordinary at three levels, high school, college and the professional rates.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: He's a Bengal Ring of Fame. He's a legend in Cincinnati. He's a pro bowler. He's an All Pro. He led the league in receiving on several different occasions. His name is Chad Ocho Sinko Risotto Johnson.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 1: You know, we need to add like right when you finish that, We need to add like an applause, like a button you can hit with the applause and everybody like cheer.
Speaker 3: Like you know what, right? What we need?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we need to add that.
Speaker 2: You know, we need to add what some money at your check so we can get that.
Speaker 3: That's fine, we can get that. We can get that feature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. But we'll look into that see if we can get that done. Guys, please do us a favor. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button and we would greatly appreciate it. We're officially now Oho at one point two eight million. Yeah, so that's one million, two hundred and eighty thousand with twenty thousand followers excuse me, subscribers short of one point three million, guys, you're doing outstanding. Thank you guys for selling out Shave by Laportier. We're only taking pre orders. We're going to fulfill the backlog. All the back orders will be fulfilled in the in the coming weeks, so and we will not have this problem again. I assure you when you order it, it will be be to you within five to seven business days, not the one two three months that he took. So apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused, but I greatly appreciate Shade your patience. Please make sure you're following my media company on all pages on all platformscuse me. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing company. I'm wearing one of the T shirts eighty four, so check this out on Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The link for Nightcap merchants painned at the top of the chat. Qualities are limited and they're selling out fast, and to show our appreciation, we created an additional twenty five percent off use code nightcap twenty five. Damn, Ash, you keep on talking about twenty five all mail.
Speaker 3: You know we not a nonproper.
Speaker 2: We try to make a little buddy hell, I mean, damn just hey, pretty soon say you know what if by one get what free? You know I've got to I gotta take ash herredigious she can load them over the company.
Speaker 3: She just give an issue.
Speaker 1: Way she said she giving it away twenty five twenty five percent off. That step should have gaven twenty percent. Got you gotta understand you gotta understand. You gotta understand that, honey, and where we are right now. You know, with twenty five percent off supplying the man, it rises, it raises exponentially, and you have more buyers that way, that's what it is. Yeah, I would think so, I would think.
Speaker 2: So, Well, if you buy, you don't get twenty five percent off. I'm just letting you know that.
Speaker 1: I don't need no discount. I don't need a discount because I got I stole my I stole my hat in my hoodie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do a rail, huh, do a rail?
Speaker 1: Oh? She ain't getting none. She ain't getting she ain't getting none. She now she listened.
Speaker 3: She's not a part of the show.
Speaker 1: We allow her to make an appearance every Yeah, that's it. That's it. That's it. And she got to stop coming on here too, because like people are getting I don't I don't think they mean to disrespect me in public, but it's disrespect is disrespectful addressing me as Risotto again. That that that makes me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You know, you say you'll stay at home dad, So you got to take on you got to take on the wife's last name. That's what women do all the time. So you got to take chad o Joe. I think go Risotto.
Speaker 1: That has nothing, that had nothing to do with it. I think people are getting a little carried away with it because you said and then you know coming for you is okay. Now, y'all ain't even be calling me this shit in public.
Speaker 2: Okay, Risotto? Oh Joe, your team is on the elimination. They go down three to zero. The Dallas Mavericks beat the Minnesota Timber was one sixteen to one oh seven, and it was because of Kyrie and Luca. They were sensational Both guys scored thirty three points. Both guys were extremely efficient. Kyrie was twelve or twenty from the floor for thirty three. Luca was ten of twenty from the floor, five of eleven from three. Kyrie was three or six from three thirty three points. But it's been Kyrie the last two fourth quarters. And the last two fourth quarters he was fourteen points on five of seven plus nine. Tonight he was thirteen points four or five plus eight, missed the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: He did it again. And the things that I thought was gonna cause Minnesota problem.
Speaker 2: Was that dynamic duo because they can get any shot they want, any time they want. They can shoot the three ball, they can put the ball on the floor and get to the mid range. They can get all the way to the basket either hand, either guy. They're tremendous. And I thought that would be a problem. But I was thinking that you know, Cat and and and an ant man could offset that play those guys to a standstill.
Speaker 3: Now, Mike Connolly, Nazrid.
Speaker 2: J McDaniels, Walker, Alexander Walker, those guys say, you know what, Okay, we're gonna make it a We're gonna make it a three, A three three on three tournament. We're gonna we're gonna neutralize your big two and then we're gonna play basketball. But that's the difference in the ball game, Oh Joe. And also the Mintals, the uh Dallas Mavericks was one of the best teams in the clutch NBA to find clutch last five minutes of the game, game within five points. I think there were one or two them and the Lakers went back and forth. Teams laid the ball game five down, five uh five minutes in the ball game, and you see execution after execution. The ball's gonna be in one of those guys. It's gonna be in Luca's head, or it's gonna be and Kyrie one or the other, and they're gonna get a great shot, or they're gonna find the perfect pass.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What you when you're watching this game, what did you see?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, we didn't do enough. We didn't do nothing. A moment, I'm breaking down a little bit emotionally because I wanted to see something different. I wanted to see the ant man magic. I want to see the face of the league rise to the occasion against Luca, against Kyrie. I wanted to see kat do what he does. I wanted to see goddamned Rudy Gerbert show up to the party every night. We got nas reed. I said the Wolves are gonna win this game in seven. The reason I said they were gonna win the game in seven was because of the height and the length that the MAVs had to deal with. And it seems like none of that is working. That none of that is working, even though in the post by the rim, by the basket where those seven footers are like, I'm thinking, okay, because of their size and length, they will cause problems for Kyrie and Luca, And it just hasn't come to that in three goddamn games. Not only that, on the offensive side of the ball, we are not matching wits with what they're doing. They are putting on the show every goddamn night. Kyrie like a goddamn light switch. He pick and choose when he wanted to turn it on. Luca. Did you see Luca hit the fade away? They got the fade away towards the end, Like come on, man, he just okay, he not just throwing it up, but shock like, can't nobody do nothing with him? Can't the so like, I feel bad because I'm breaking down. I'm breaking down emostly because I picked the awards to win, and seven because I want to see the face Lee. I want to see him man do something that's never been done before, you know, And it's not panning out the way I thought it would. I got I got money on the line, and that is really why my feelings are hurt. And I'm kind of emotional and I'm crying behind machades because I don't really want nobody to make me a meme. I don't want people to laugh at me. And uh man, it's unfortunate, man, it's unfortunate. I don't know how many times a team has come back, you know, down from three.
Speaker 3: To zero or O three never huh never?
Speaker 2: Okay, So normally they don't even get an opportunity to force the game seven.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, Well you know what this might It might happen. It might happen the ant Man magic, you know, and the ant Man that I know. They might come back from O three and shock the world.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna believe you.
Speaker 2: Look at Ojo, Yes, sir, do you realize that Ant and Kat shot sixteen of forty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now just the other night there was nine of thirty three. Yeah, so nine of thirty three sixteen or forty four. How you gonna win like that?
Speaker 3: I know, man?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And when you look at it here, the problem that they have is that when the big come to take Kyrie and Luca, once they get past their defender, all they gonna do is lob it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's Lively dunking on your head. Yeah, there's Gafford the dunking on your head. There gonna dunk it on your head. So the thing is is that because they can't, they don't really have anybody that can stay in front of Luca and Kyrie. And you got to send the bigs to help. You send the bigs the help. We live it up. It's an easy two points now, you hope that, But Kyrie and Luca can still finish. You see Kyrie with the and one. He's mad, he's matching with the basketball in his aim. But listen, he can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: But at some point, at some point, they got to have an off night shooting. Man. They I mean, they have been efficient from the field the past three games. At some point they have to have an off night, and I think when they have that off night, and you got to come through for me. Cat, you got to come through for me.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I got titles on the line. I got a lease on the line, Like I need y'all. I know y'all gonna see this clip, like somebody got to do something. Rudy, even if you're a deepensive player of the year, I need you not to be an offensive liability. I need I need, I need twenty and ten from goddamn Rudy. That's what That's not what he is, even that's not what he is. I need you. I need you to do something different. That's what I need. It's the playoffs. We talk about going to the NBA Championship.
Speaker 2: Well, but here's the thing. If you look at it, they shot fifty fifty from the floor. They lost the three point battle. But when you look at it, the bigs. The problem that that I even I unestimated a little bit, was how active and good defensively the bigs for Dallas are whither They don't have the name. Yeah, you know, you look at Daniel Gaffert, he was a lady. He was a trade late trade. You look at a PJ. Washington, he was a trade. You look at Lively, he's a rookie. They do a great job of protecting you see, let gafferd get that block at the end. Lively challenging everything. You come inside, He's gonna challenge you. Even they got. They got some minutes out of jer own power tonight, who hadn't played a whole lot. He came in, he played eight minutes, but you had it. He's another big yeah. And so they're getting great production from anybody that steps on the floor.
Speaker 3: They're getting production from.
Speaker 2: So you look at all the guys that everybody that stepped on the poor floor that played at least two minutes, they scored.
Speaker 1: So you so you're basically telling me the series is over.
Speaker 3: It ain't looking good.
Speaker 2: I look here, I ain't saying it's over, but the chance.
Speaker 3: Of sliming none and slim been eating.
Speaker 1: I ain't ain't looking it ain't looking good for me on this end the man.
Speaker 3: No, I ain't looking good.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: But what do you do? Ojoe?
Speaker 2: See now, you said, are you hoping they'd be off four games in a row, Because that's what you got to do. You got to beat this team four games in a row, and you say, what if they have an off game? What you guys haven't had their own game? Yeah, well, say Cat numbers what he shot. Cat Cat is probably shooting in the thirty percent times.
Speaker 1: So that's to see what you just said.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, at some point, maybe the next game, Game four, let's say Kyrie and Luca have off night. Then obviously ant Man emerges and does what we know we can do. Cat has a spectacular game. Rudy Gobert paid plays lights out, nas Reed from the Perimeter has a game in the block has a game, and then we match with for Wit from from that point on, because our back is against the wall, our backs against the wall, and let's and hope we can make this an interesting series and not get swept. I'm hoping because I'm really I'm rarely I'm very very rarely wrong when it comes to guessing on who's gonna win games, whether it be football, NBA, soccer. I'm really wrong, and I really really I'm about like, deep down inside, I really thought the I mean the Calves. I really thought the Wolves are gonna shock the world and win this series.
Speaker 2: And seven Dwight Pile, not Jerome Dwight Pile. The Jerome Pile is the damn fan chair DWIGHTE Pile. He doesn't play much, so I've mispronounced the name. I'm sorry. But he came in. He came in the game from great minutes tonight. I don't think the game would have been this close had Derreck Lively not taken that knee to the back of the head. He's more active, he's he's he's a more active player. He understands. He does a great job of rolling to the rim. He does a great job of offensive rebounding. And you know, a gafferd at the end of the at the end of the half, there's one second on the clock. Rudy Gobert got the ball and he reaches in and commission file.
Speaker 3: Why why?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: And so when you look at when you look at and you say, okay, you hope they shoot bad. But if I get to my spot, the likelihood of you making me shoot bad and I get to every time I get to, I go to. Just think about you get to run every route, you win, every route you run. You said, man, he gonna drop some sooner or later. You mean to tell me you're gonna let me run the out. You're gonna let me run the bang, You're gonna let me run to dig, You're gonna let me run the end. Pro I'm getting whatever I want and you and your your best and the best thing you can hope is not defense?
Speaker 3: Is that? Man? I hope he drop it? That what you over Listen.
Speaker 1: I have no other answer. I have no and I have no other answer. That's the only thing I can hope for people that are fans of the Wolves, that's the only thing they can hope for Dallas fans. Probably probably they are already ready, they already they celebrated.
Speaker 3: They ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean them two guys in the back court. We've never seen guys that can handle the ball in the back court that can score like these guys can. I'm gonna let y'all debate who y'all think the greatest back.
Speaker 3: Court of ball time?
Speaker 1: Joe but Isaiah Thomas.
Speaker 2: They couldn't score like these two. Okay, Isaiah was more of a prototypical point guard. Yes, he could distribute. Isaiah led the league and assist. Right, so has I think Luca. I don't know if Lucas ever led the league in since we know he's led the league and score and Kyrie. We know Kyrie can score. Joe d was more of a lockdown defender. He could score the basketball. He's finals MVP, so obviously he's a good player. He's in the Basketball Hall of Fame, so I'm not trying to minish him. But I don't know if we've seen two guys at the guard position, you, Okay, you look at Clay and Clay and Steph. Obviously Steph is a two time scoring champ if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: And he's an MVP.
Speaker 2: But Clay, Yeah, Clay has had some outstanding shooting game, but he can't go get buckets like Clay. I mean, like like Kyrie. Right who did Luca? Luca finished second of assist. So yeah, this backcourt right here, because they put so much pressure on you because they can shoot the ball from outside. Because normally the guys that shoot the ball outside, they don't finish at the rim.
Speaker 3: Both of these.
Speaker 2: Guys can finish at the rim, and now they and now they can go. Now, Kyrie's got a little case of the years at the pre throw line. He's missed, like I think I think he's missed about five or six free throws in the past three games, which is very uncharacteristic of him because he's normally a ninety ninety pre throw shooting right, So for him to miss the kind of free throws that he's missing, that's very uncharacteristic of him. But Minnesota's gonna have I don't really know what Minnesota can do out yo, because you said Rudy, Rudy gonna give you what Rudy does here is what he is.
Speaker 1: But you know, when it comes to time times like this, you know you have to do more. You have to do something special that we haven't seen before. You have to be extraordinary. You know, you can't just go by based on what you did during the regular season. They come playoff time, you have to rise to the occasion. You have you have to, you have to and listen. I just I'm I'm hurt. You don't understand, like if they lose this series.
Speaker 2: But it's not looking good. I'm not gonna say they lose. I'll tell you, but I'm saying the old fat lady she humming. You know he drinking salt water right now in Lemon's gonna get he getting a voice ready, she warming up.
Speaker 3: Mm me me me me me, me, me, me me me, tired man.
Speaker 2: But you know what, me me me me me me. Damn man, it's tough because you're so close. They took by the defending champs and everybody it's support. I said, bro, If y'all watch the Mavericks this year and you see that Luca and Kyrie can take turn dancing on you both guys.
Speaker 3: We saw Luca.
Speaker 2: Luca had a sixty twenty triple double. Do you understand how hard that is to score sixty points, grab twenty rebounds and dish out double digit assistant Yeah, and Kyrie, Bro, we seen Kyrie dance with the best of them. Kyrie can go get twenty twenty five points in a quarter. He can go get fifty at the drop of a hat. So, and when you got two guys that they can create their own, I ain't got to get the I don't got to have somebody to give them the ball like a big They can literally bring the ball up and dance on. You can get whatever shot they want any time they want. So unless you trap them, bliss them, get the ball out of their head. Oh you're at the mercy, right, you're at their mercy, Like you said, you hope they missed.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine this? Now? I hate to be I hate to be thinking ahead of time. So how well do the Cavs match up with the Celtics and imagine, just imagine this, imagine Kyrie winning the ring, winning the ring against the Celtics. You mean the MAVs match up with the means I'm sorry, Yeah, the mass match up with the Celtics.
Speaker 2: It'd be a good matchup, very good. I mean, Derek Derek White is a tremendous on ball defender, but he ain't doing it. He ain't doing anything with Kyrie. Kyrie gonna get whatever he wants. Yeah, the question is who do they pull on Luca? Is it j T or JB? Because it's going to go zappam. He's gonna take a lot of energy out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the Jaylen Brown.
Speaker 2: Jaylen Brown like six eight six seven six eight, yeah, j T like six nine sixteen.
Speaker 3: They're big. They're big team, the big team.
Speaker 2: The Mavericks match up with him well, because you know they go Lively at seven to one, they go gafferd at sixteen, they go PJ.
Speaker 3: Washington probably six, six, eight, sixt nine.
Speaker 2: Uh so they they match up, they match up, well, Uh yeah, Derreck Jones Jr.
Speaker 3: Can Can defend.
Speaker 2: He's gonna probably take one of He's gonna probably take I would as soon Carrie he takes, Noah, he takes Uh, he'll take J T.
Speaker 3: PJ. Washington will take JB.
Speaker 1: Okay, damn.
Speaker 2: And then you have gafferd that they will match up with Al Horford and then oh Holiday Holliday will take Luca. Okay, Holliday will take you two day he too, damn small, he's strong though, he got no choice, got no choice. Holliday will take Luca, and Derreck Joe and uh, Derrick White will take Kyrie and they'll play from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I mean I hate it, but.
Speaker 3: It'll be a great series. It'll be a great series.
Speaker 1: Who you got in that one I took?
Speaker 3: I took the Celtics.
Speaker 2: We had to pick, and I took the Celtics to win the title when I picked the Math to come out of the West. But it's gonna be a great series. It's gonna be It would be a tremendous series. I can see it going seven games. Excuse me, I can see it going seven games, but the Dallas Mavericks are one win. Both teams, the Celtics and the MAVs, are one win away from advancing to the NBA Finals. The Celtics play tomorrow night with a chance to close out the Pacers, and the Mavericks played the timber Wolves on Tuesday night at home with a chance to close out the t Wolves. So might have have might be sweeps in the Eastern and Western Conference finals. After we had that great seven games, have a seven games Pacers, Knicks, we had seven games Wolves.
Speaker 3: Nuggets, and now we might got ah h that heart might have sweeps in both conferences?
Speaker 1: Bang, what what are they?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, because they already got them pegged. They already got them said game one would start winning. I think they got them set already cause you a mess up with TV schedule. Yeah they might, oh my god, yeah, oh yeah, cause June sixth, that's like two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure they got contingency plans for that.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh Joe, it's time for our first It's time for our first segment of the day, and it's called NewsCap. Kyle Kuzma rejected a trade to the Dallas Mavericks at the deadline because they weren't true contenders.
Speaker 3: This is what Kuzma told the Athletic.
Speaker 2: In my career, I won a championship, so I understand that when we played this game of basketball, it's not about contending for his playoff spot. It's about contending for an NBA championship. They're only three or four contenders, true contenders, and I just felt like our timelines didn't add up. Dallas ending the trade, ended up trading for PJ Washington and Daniel Gafford instead.
Speaker 1: What was he looking at? I'm just curious. Before Gafford and PJ Washington got there, how could you not see Luca and Kyrie and think, you know what, we have a true opportunity to win an NBA championship. And he says, you know what, I don't want to go.
Speaker 2: There because they weren't playing like this when they got PJ. When they got PJ and they got Gaffered, it changed everything around. They only ended up ended up losing like two or three games once they got those guys, so they took off and went to it. But in the process you got to foresee because sometimes people only look at the position that they're in, and they don't.
Speaker 3: Forecast and see the really great people.
Speaker 2: Yes, the forecast, because if you only look at the situation, if I only looked at where I was, I would have never been where I am. Right, if you only looked at where you were, I'm in Liberty City and that's all you saw. Yeah, well how do you go further than Liberty City? Kyle Kuzma could only see what he saw right then and there.
Speaker 1: Right, But I mean my mindset. Listen, I'm not Kyle Kuzman. He's a great player. Obviously this season he had twenty two we average twenty two a game. He was, you know, seventy seven percent from the line, thirty three percent from three. But I'm looking at it from the standpoint I don't care what you got there. I'm getting ready to go play with greatness, even if they weren't when at the time, Oh shoot, I got an opportunity to play with Kyrie. I have an opportunity to play with Luca. I understand how dynamic they are offensively. I could be the third head of that munster. I can get the third head of that munster. Why who turns that down? Even if they weren't winning. Let me go there, Let me go to Dallas and be a difference maker and turn things around. Let me do let me do my due justice. That's just that's the way I.
Speaker 2: Would think PJ is a better fit because you look at the numbers that KOs is averaging. They would need him to average twenty two and can see the thing is like you have to understand, look at the guys brandon Ingram needed to be out elsewhere because he couldn't be the be out. It went to the All Star Game playing with Lebron in Ad Kuzma. You see how Kuzma look in Washington as opposed to how you look in La. So now he didn't really he didn't really want to be in that situation. Again, he like being able to shoot as much as he want. Whenever you go, okay, I see what he's talking about. I see where're going. Truth be told where you because he knows it goes Luca and Kyrie and whatever's left, it's you get to eat. So PJ is a better fit because PJ doesn't need to try to score twenty two points to show his value. Sometimes guys only see their value in score. PJ say you know what, I might just need to knock down a three late in the ball game. I need to play defense. I need to play I need to rebound. See you see ad Man in game in game seven, he didn't score, but he says, you know what I'm gonna say, screens. You know what, I'm a hund the hell out of Jamal Murray. And so you have to see value in other areas as opposed to just score it. See the team that does that the best, the forty nine ers, they're wide receivers. They might not catch for one hundred, but they gonna block their ass. They're gonna run hard and open up the screen, push the guy down the field. So when McCaffrey catches it or the tight end catches a screen, instead of getting ten twelve yards, he's getting twenty thirty yards, maybe even take it to the house. And so I think PJ. I think it was a great move. Nothing happens by an accident. I think PJ fits better. I think there are where they are because of PJ and Daniel Gafford the trade because it made them formidable on the defensive end. But hey, those are those things are it happened? You look back like damn missed out of the opportunity. Yeah, the Sons are hoping to pursue La Lebron James this offseason, which is why Bronnie James is very sis draft option at twenty two overall, are potentially luring him, being suppeared to believe that they could convince Lebron to join forces with Kevin Durant, Devin Book, and Bradley Bill to create a historic superteam. Lebron would be sacrificing fifty million next season if he were legitimately considered joining the Sun on a veteran minimum.
Speaker 1: Veteran minimum.
Speaker 2: Oh joe, So he stands a chance to make about fifty eight million veteran minim?
Speaker 3: I is what six million? Eight million? Who get? Oh Joe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, listen, unless they unless they're paying forty plus under the goddamn table. I don't see that happening.
Speaker 3: Hell no.
Speaker 2: Hey, the last time some team somebody tried to have something under the table, it was the Mintals the Timberwolves, and they did that with Joe Smith and David Stern dropped the ham on him and they didn't recover. Took three first round drafts. He took the first round draft pick every year for like three years, and who the hell snitched on Joe Hey, I don't know who snitched on it, but David Stern found out. So that under the table stuff, right, leave it alone. I got no draft picks. You better not have no draft picks to twenty forty.
Speaker 1: Right, right, I mean, listen, it's cute. It's cute. At this point in Lebron's career, money still does play a factor. But playing for as and playing for veteran minimum as one of the greatest all time, I don't see it happening now. Is Lebron in position to sacrifice the money to get another ring. Yes, he's an official to do that because he makes so much off the court, but him taking a pay cut of that magnitude, it ain't happening. I don't see it happening. So again, I think everything's in limbo. All of us as analysts, all of us that enjoy the game of basketball, are all guessing on what's going to happen. I think wherever Bronnie Junior goes, that is where Lebron will go. You said it's not going to happen now, you said maybe two or three years down the line. I don't think it. I don't think it's going to be that long. I think it happens now. So him being a freezing right now is all contingent on where Bronnie James goes, Brownie Junior goes. I guarantee you I'm not I'm not not wrong.
Speaker 3: I know I'm not wrong, And it's worth noting.
Speaker 2: James Jones and Lebron they did play together in Miami the one Championship and when Lebron went back to Cleveland, JJ with with him, so they have remained friends throughout that process, so it's worth noting. But I agree with you, O you I don't see I don't see anybody taking a fifty million dollar haircut. Now you might, I might take a little bit off the side, but you ain't finished. You ain't finished, skin fad me. Now you ain't fit ball.
Speaker 1: No, So there is no more money left to go around because of Bill. Because of Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because all those guys are on Mac contract, so everybody you signed. But see, that's why it's hard for you to fill out a roster. When you have three guys on Max Compact two guys. You could still get two quality players at mid level, but not the bad minimum. But when you put Lebron, Lebron's not I don't see Lebron playing on.
Speaker 1: The goddamn bench.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: They ain't gonna have no bench.
Speaker 2: No, Now you're gonna be having G League guys, guys on two way contract, right, I don't see it half of the night, Old Joe, I don't all right on, Joe, check this out. The Chiefs offense is about to get even more scary, if you can believe it. A team which already featured Mahon Boy, Travis kV Kelsey and Rashi Rice should be even better. In twenty twenty four, Brett Beach added the Chiefs and explosive core weapons, signing Hollywood Round and the guy that ran the fastest for the time in combine history Xavi, You're worthy.
Speaker 3: Mahomes has already noticed the difference in the OTA.
Speaker 2: When asked what the Chiefs have been working on, Mahomes that get back to the deep ball. I think we've done a great job of mastering the intermediate and short stuff, but we want to get back having a part of the offense as well. Coach is really pushing for us to push the ball down the field, and he got remember Hollywood Brown ran for two seven.
Speaker 1: He can go.
Speaker 3: Then you're worthy read for two one. He can go.
Speaker 2: Now listen, and you remember when they had when they had, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They could go bombs over back there.
Speaker 1: But you have to that Yeah, I mean yeah, if they can get back to that. But we have to remember the comparison. This is Tyreek Hill we're talking about. This is Tyreek Hill. I love Hollywood Brown, I love Xavier Worthy, but they're not Tyreek Hill. Now we're just comparing the tool because of the speed, but there's so many other variables that go into play when it comes to playing the game and playing the game and receiver. Now, do you have all the tools and the potential to be like Tyreek? Yes you do, but you got to be able to do it on the field. Tyreek And he can run short routes, he can run in immediate routes, he can go deep, he can run the entire tree. Now, have these two pool that they can do the same thing consistently, and for my home to be saying that some of the saying some of the stuff that he's doing, probably so, probably so, because they do all the they do all the small stuff, So goddamn well, it's going to open up the offense because of the dynamic duel that they do have. Xavier Worthy was the real deal at Texas. He was the real deal. But will you be able to transition transition into the NFL and know how to use your speed, when to be deceptive, when to be running full till you know how to run your digs, how to bring your slangs right, to ring your curls, and be that threat like Tyreek is. There's nothing you can do with Tyreek nothing. There's no way to cover him, there's no defense to stop him. Can you be exactly like that? Outside of just running fast in a straight line, there's so much other stuff you have to be able to do. But I understand Wherehomes is coming from. They've mastered all the intermediate stuff and the short stuff. If those two, if Hollywood Brown and goddamn Xavier figured out and if they if they can figure out the short enemy of stuff and be able to take some of the short stuff and hit their head off the gold post Man, the deep stuff is gonna come like It'll be like taking candy from a baby.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I got think about I got trapped, I got Rashid Rice.
Speaker 3: They can do all that junks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got too because normally they've never had two guys that move like that that you can get down the field in the ru Yeah, so where you're gonna roll coveres to.
Speaker 3: Hey was released outside? Good luck, fafety, good luck.
Speaker 1: Now you you can't double everybody.
Speaker 2: The question is can Xavier word they play through contact? Because you know, if he's a small frame guy. He won sixty five, So what you try to sixty five?
Speaker 1: When I think about it, he's so twitty though, Uh, he's so twitchy. Now what DB's are gonna want to They're gonna be just as quick. They might not be as fast, but what they're gonna try to do, they're gonna try to stiphe you and throw all the time in by catching you at the line of scrimmage. Yes, but how good is Xavier worthy and man and man in bumper run?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: That's all it's gonna come down to. Once you show you can be man and man, Oh you might, you might, you might Curtains, it's curtains. The show is over. If he can be bumping run consistently like Tyreek Kent like Tyreek, kann A Kenan, Allen can or Davante Adams.
Speaker 2: But see the thing of but see those guys don't have We've never seen a guy like ty We've seen guys and I've been in the league with guys that real, with track stars, Sam Braddy, Uh he won the silver medal in the Olympics. He was on the four by one and the eighty eight Olympics and sold that won the uh that won. The goal was eighty four eighty Yeah, eighty four eighty four Olympics. All those guys. So I've seen twitchy guys. James Jett, yeah he was on the ninety. Even want to get James, but they weren't. He is a football Tyreek is a football player with track speed. I saw Whillie Gaul with it goll from Georgia, so I knew where you know, followed his career.
Speaker 3: He was twitted, but nothing like Tyreek.
Speaker 2: If you look at the way Tyreek is built, you can say, oh, you would never think he ran track. You suld have a football player because the way he's built from ways down. He's thirty as fuck. Excuse me, yeah, he's thirty. He ain he ain't got No, he ain't.
Speaker 3: He ain't narrow him. He's not thin limb.
Speaker 2: You know you look at Xavier Word that he looks like you could run because he's like a track guy.
Speaker 3: Those track guys are built like you.
Speaker 2: If you ever see those professional track guys, you're like, damn, that's why you run so fast.
Speaker 3: Dude. You're only a buck fifty. You a bunk sixty Tyreek one ninety five. Yeah, I'm talking about solid. He all.
Speaker 2: He's a he's he's bound tight. And if you look at him, you can like, yeah he explosive. You look at you look at Tyreek Hill. Anybody that's ever been around him close, you could look at him and tell.
Speaker 3: If you know athletes, you can tell he explosive. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I could just look at him on the first time I saw him. Oh he explosive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I like my well, mahomes got to use this shill man. It's almost unfair man, it's almost unfair. And I'm telling you, Hollywood Brown, I know what he I know what he can do. Oh, he could run, he can get he can get off the jam. Xavier Worthy, I'm telling you. But if young Bull, if young Bull, I don't know where he trained at during the off season, but all he needed to work on is man the man and getting off that goddamn ball.
Speaker 3: At least it's over. It's over.
Speaker 1: It's over for everybody, because that means, well, hell, now we got the double team him when you can't get Now you can't double double team Hollywood, Brown and Exavier. Then you got Kelsey gonna kill you. Underneath, you got Rashid Rice when he comes back from suspension. Oh hell mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And that's and that's that's the thing though, O Joe. If I'm him, I'm just working on my release because you can run because they're back, gonna be looking for you to go deep. But you can't be a one trick prony. You gonna have to run to come back. You're gonna have to run the d cut. You're gonna have to run the overs. You're gonna have to run the bang you hey, shallow crosses, you got to give. That's what made Tyreek because they used to bring Tyreek and Tyreek with just the gadget guy. Tyreek said, Lady, for this man, I want to play all the time. Just don't run me in here to run a trick or fleet flock or some stuff like that. Hey taught himself. Now Tyreek can run the route tree. And because he got so much feed man, I got to back up off him. Now he gonna run to stop on you. He can run the eye, he can run the dig, the end cut.
Speaker 3: He can run it all.
Speaker 2: Because I'm afraid of it. And if I don't quit jamming, if I if I'm not, if he's in Miami, you quit.
Speaker 3: You can't quit jamming because he can hear the snapcount.
Speaker 2: The only thing you can hope is he's on the road and he has to look at the ball to see the seat when it snape.
Speaker 3: And then you can quit. You can freeze it.
Speaker 2: Other than that rap. Okay, you missed. If you won't, he a guy, you ain't gotta miss by much. If you let him get even with you, it's over.
Speaker 1: It's a done deal.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 2: It's just go a just go ahead point he just go ahead and call the p A T tea MAT's just get your p A T hey p A.
Speaker 1: T I like it, though, I like it. I mean, listen, the mahon can talk. He can talk like that. He can talk like that because he understands what he's had or what he has in xevity worthy in Hollywood, Hollywood Brown. So he can talk like that. Uh, but they ain't gonna be the goddamn Bangles.
Speaker 2: But go ahead, man, if somebody would have told you, O, yo, think about it. If I took if I took Chase from uh Cincinnati, you think.
Speaker 1: They can win the super Bowl without Jamar?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, because I mean you you need you need one dynamic superstar? Are we need one dynamic superstar? You need that?
Speaker 2: If I took see, if I took ce, if I took CD from the Cowboys, if I took Tyreek, if I took Tyreek from Miami.
Speaker 3: So what one player could I take?
Speaker 2: Like they took Tyree from my homeboy and he still won two chips and.
Speaker 3: Won an m v P. What one player? What player? What team? Could I take the one of the best two best receivers.
Speaker 1: And they and they still and they still a dynamic like that? How many other? How many other? How many other teams in the NFL are like Patrick Mahomes because.
Speaker 3: He's a Number one home Mahome.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, he's making up for the loss of Tyreek because he's just that great. That's the difference. He's just that great. Now we're gonna see what Josh Allen is really made of. I like Keith and Coleman. But now you lost. You lost Stefan Diggs, who is a one. So we're gonna see how good Josh Allen really is.
Speaker 3: He lost, he lost Steph game.
Speaker 1: So now you go see is a different now you always you are? You always brought up in that upper upper echelon of quarterbacks. Now have the time to shore.
Speaker 2: PFF rank Dak the top quarterback in the NFC. Yeah, Dak was number one. Matthew Stafford was two, Jalen Hurst was three, Jordan Love was four, Rock Party five, Cousin six, Jared Golf seven, Kyler Murray a Geno Smith nine in, Caleb Williams ten.
Speaker 3: I like. I like that.
Speaker 2: No way in hell I'm putting Kirk cousin front of Jared Golf And I would if you asked me, Oh, Joe, yeah, I would take Jordan Love over Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: You would take Jordan Love over Dak Prescott. Okay, well, yeah, listen that you would too. I mean that that's that's a preference. But I like, I like Dak being number one. I don't like Geno Smith being at nine. I don't like Geno Smith being at nine, so I would probably move Kirk Cousins. Oh that's tough. Jered Goff belongs at I think, oh, oh that's tough. Why is Brock.
Speaker 2: Pretty at five? Where you're gonna put him mad? Because, like I said, I'm not putting. If you tell me if if of all those guys, I would probably I would probably have Matthew Stafford one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then if you have Matthew Stafford one, you definitely got to have that too, right.
Speaker 3: I put Jordan love to Okay, I put Brock party three.
Speaker 1: I me personally, yeah, this is based off what they did last season. I'm assuming or going into this season.
Speaker 2: He Hell, hey, I'm looking at the body of work. Hell, I don't watch you for four.
Speaker 1: And five seasons, right, Okay, I see you, I see you. Yeah. Oh that's tough. I don't I don't like I don't. I don't like Gino at nine, and now I would take No, I'm just saying I don't like it. I don't like him at nine, Kirk Cousins coming off Achilles, I would I would have Jared Goff is switch switch cousins, switch cousins and golf and give me the Gino, give me Gino before Kirk Cousins. So yeah, yeah, I mean that that's what I would do. That's what I would do. Gino. Gino had a very very very good year last year, very good year.
Speaker 3: It wasn't as good as the other year.
Speaker 2: I mean he was okay, yeah, but you gotta realize, I thought Gina would be better based on the weapons that he got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got he got DK he got.
Speaker 2: Locker, he got Jackson Smith and ye yeah, I mean damn yeah, he got a trip.
Speaker 3: He got to set a trip that's over there. Yeah, that's legit.
Speaker 1: He got some he got some good boys over there.
Speaker 2: You got I mean all these guys, all these guys got really good receiving court. If you look at you look at Dak with cd uh Cook, Michael Gallop is no longer there. You look at Matthew Stafford with a Pookah and Cooper Cup. You look at Jalen Hurts with Smith and a j look at Jordan Love.
Speaker 3: He got four five.
Speaker 2: Brock Purty, he got Brandon, he got killed over and he got de Boat.
Speaker 1: We don't know what's going on over there and and in sant fran Now.
Speaker 3: Right, well, I mean the issue is Brandon, not you.
Speaker 2: He wants a long term deal if I'm not mistaken to put the franchise tag on him. You look at Jared Golf, he got some weapons. Yeah, Jameson Williams, Alma Saint Brown. Uh, what's the other?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: But he got Kyler. They just signed. They just got a Marvin Harrison Jr. We mentioned Geno's, We mentioned Geno's triplet. Caleb Williams got dj he got Keenan Allen, he got Roman Dooms Uh, Kirk Cousins, Kyle Pitt Uh, he got Drake London London.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's the number two? Who is the number two receive over in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Didn't they just sign Didn't they just signed the guy from a uh Chicago, Who's Chicago? Didn't I think they signed a receiver from Chicago. Didn't they sign a received from Chicago? I'm almost certainly did o Joe. I can't think of him at the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Not not Mooney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Moodey, I think they signed money that he over there? I think so?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, Mooney nights now Mooney nights.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, sign him up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah yeah, all these with all.
Speaker 2: These guys, oh yo, these quarterbacks in the NFC, all of them got a receiving car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean all of them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And you know the thing is, the question is who has the best because Cook and the Coop and Cooper cup At got to take a back seat to nobody.
Speaker 1: Let me see the best statistically.
Speaker 3: Who got the best duo? Duo? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You like you like A J and Smitty. You like Poopa and Cooper. You like uh are You and Debo Devo. You like uh DK and locktow DK and Jackson Smith and Jigbook. You like Caleb Williams, you like him. You like DJ Moore and Keenan Allen. You like Jared Goff, you like jameson Wi my mind, Brown, that's.
Speaker 1: A good one, man.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you you like c D and Brandon Cook.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I, if I, if I had to pick, it is yes, absolutely, you know what I got. I gotta go with A J, A J. And Smitty. Okay, yeah, listen, and nothing nothing is wrong with any of the other receivers that are up there, but A J. And Smitty gonna give you what you want, boy, every week, week, every week, They're gonna give you what you want. I mean, so everybody else, Amn, Saint Brown is unbelievable, unbelievable. That trio that tree over there with Jordan Love Boy. Look, that's a four bout one track team over there. But something about Smitty and a j Brown, Bro, you can that up. And Pookah listen, they left Baker Mayfield, Oh, Mike Evans, Mike and Christ Godlin. Yeah, they left those guys off. Yeah, and you know you can't go wrong with goddamn Cooper Cup and uh Pooka and the cool either.
Speaker 3: Damn Pooka.
Speaker 2: You gotta realize Cooper Cup won the Troop of Crown just two years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had nineteen hundred yards.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Nineteen hundred yards like one hundred and forty, like one hundred and forty five catches. And Pookah just said the rookie rookie record. At the Rookie record, we catching that yard.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine catching one hundred and forty something passes? I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I barely I barely got over ninety. So I'm just trying to picture myself catching one hundred and forty some passes.
Speaker 2: So that means he had to have one hundred and forty. That means he had somewhere but like one hundred and ninety. He had to have ninety targets.
Speaker 1: But they they throwing the ball like crazy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jesus, yes.
Speaker 2: But it's a very interesting list, a very interesting one. I mean, but man, George Love Man, that showed me some last year. O Joe, he showed me something then.
Speaker 1: All season long, especially when he got to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: And he gonna he gonna be better. Yeah, yeah, he's gonna be better.
Speaker 2: Jaylen hurts me to have a bounce back year. He didn't have a good year last year, Old Joe.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I don't know if he was hurt because big old knee brace.
Speaker 1: His knee was bothering him. His knee was bothering. So he coming back. He's coming back healthy. He coming back healthy. They're gonna be all right, especially they won't have a they won't mess up like they did last year with starting ten and one and then the guy Kellen Moore.
Speaker 2: I think Kellen Moore, the oct in Kelling Moore in Philly. Yeah, Kellen Moore, former Cowboy OC Chargers. O see, he's now in Philly. Yeah, they're gonna let that thing. They're gonna let that thing fly. Now, they're gonna they're gonna let that thing fly. Kellen Moore is in there.
Speaker 1: But I think what the Eagles need to do. Their identity is on offense, but defensively. But maybe we got to come to the party and tackle please. We got we got to come to the party and tackle please bad that playoff game, Dog, that was embarrassing. Man, it looked like they perfec. We wasn't trying to tackle on purpose. It isn't like they was doing it on purpose.
Speaker 3: They've been doing it all year.
Speaker 2: Oh and you know you still got the Minnesota because you know they are rookie quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: But you know, and Justin Jefferson. What's the tight end name? They got a nice tight end too though. Hockinson Hockinson, Yeah, t J Hockinson. Well, you know, uh uh, Detroit got a tight end Laporter Laporta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he nice from towards towards a cl So it's gonna be interesting to see. Does he start the season on the pup lift and work his way back into it, or is he going to be good to go at the start of camp, because I think he toards me.
Speaker 3: I think he tours me up in the in the playoff game.
Speaker 1: Hate see people get injured.
Speaker 2: Man, Uh, they say, would you rather have Dak or Love? Dak got twenty nine percent of Love the Vote The Love the Vote, George Love got seventy one percent. Hey, oh Joe, you got it be here pressure what he did on the road in Dallas. And he made one mistake in the forty nine Ers game that ended up you know, rolling run way threw back across his body in Greenlaw.
Speaker 1: Pick picked it up.
Speaker 3: But he was playing great that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was, he was, He was, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: We got twenty three thousand people in the chat right now, guys, thank you for watching. Appreciate who was a favorite? Hit that like button, hit that subscribe button. We would greatly appreciate it. For those that are watching in and who are Joe's horr watching and just tuning in, we're offering twenty five percent off nightcap merch. Just type in Nightcap twenty five. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Quantities are limited and they're selling out fast. Don't miss out get the first because once these are gone, they're gone. Ladies and gentlemen, We're gonna have a new batch coming out and about what three.
Speaker 1: Weeks, six weeks and kids sleep. Man. I'm trying so.
Speaker 2: And you'll never find better quality. This is top top quality. Everything is like handmade. So we have it on eighty four dot com. Check this out.
Speaker 3: O Joe Yes.
Speaker 2: Zach Or in his first year as defensive coordinator for the Ravens and safety Kyle Hamilton is one of going to one of the players that he relies on to lead the unit. Hamilton was the first round pick in twenty twenty two, and he turned into its its stellar second season. He had eighty one tackles, four interceptions, three sacks, thirteen pass defense forced fumble on his way to being named first team All Pro. Or said, Kyle Hamilton is a ultimate chess seat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's one of the top players in the league. My goal for him is the one day with defensive Player of the Year well joined Ed Reed, Tail Suggs and Ray Lewis who did it twice here one of the league. I think he has that kind of talent. He has that type of work ethic and he has and he's that type of person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is. Hell. I've watched him. When I think of Kyle Hamilton, even though he's had a short career, you can tell he is the centerpiece for that defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can tell.
Speaker 1: You know, every week he jumps out on film. Every week he jumps out on film. He makes to play every time.
Speaker 3: You know what the Ravens.
Speaker 2: You remember, well after after that two thousand team, it was Ed and Ray you got ro Kwan Smith got Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so that's what that's what you need.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be hard show for a defensive back to win the MV Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: You run, you gotta be spectacular, you gotta be spectacled. I'm about picking balls off and go for safety.
Speaker 3: It's only been a handful of safeties to win that award you got. I think like Ed Ed Reid wont it, Troy w Ronnie won it, Kenny Easley won.
Speaker 2: I think Kenny wont it, like eighty five Ronnie won in the eighties. I can only think of like four off the top of my head. Now, a few like if you have a season like Gilmore. You remember Gilmore held?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? Did uh? Hello?
Speaker 2: Did what you come with? Defensive player? I don't think he ever won res. I don't thinks one defensive player you.
Speaker 1: Didn't way two thousand and nine? He had, he had to win it two thousand and nine. If he didn't, who did. If if it was a year for Reeves to win Defensive Player of the Year, it would have been that two thousand and nine season. I don't think we were ever ever. You could play Madden for a season, You'll never be able to have a season like Reavers had that two thousand and nine season. Unbelievable. So I'm not sure who won Defensive.
Speaker 3: Player of the Year. Yeah, Bob, Bob Sanders won. Bob remember Bob.
Speaker 1: Well, Bob, what what you're talking about? Bob had no no regulation for his body at all. He didn't care what coming downhill. Listen, Bob Sanders don't care nothing about his body, remember I do?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: John Lynch hit like that too. You know, you know you got safeties. They come up to hit you and they gather you know how you gather yourself then you make contact right. Oh no, they running right through you, baby, They run, They running right through you. Huh.
Speaker 2: Charles Woodson won it on ne what Yeah, so he had he had, he had that that greater.
Speaker 3: A years never won, never won.
Speaker 1: So Charles Muster had a good year of that year. I mean, I mean, I know it wasn't anything like what Reavers did, but I mean, listen, Charles Woodson is always deserving. So you really really can't take anything with.
Speaker 2: Those guys, I mean, those those But but now with the age of the past, rusher guy getting seventeen eighteen twenty five. Yeah, uh, So here are the last ten winners you got. Miles Garrett, Nick Bosa, TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, still Thought, Dill Gilmore, Aaron Donald, Aaron Donald, Khalil Matt, J J.
Speaker 3: Watt, J J.
Speaker 2: Watt, Luke Keickley, JJ Watt, Terrell Suggs, Troy Polamlow, Charles Woodson, James Harrison, Brot Bob Sanders, Jason Tatum, Brian Urlacker, Jason Taylor, excuse me, Tatum, Jason Taylor, Brian Laer, Ed Reed, ray Lewis, Deck Brooks, and Michael Strahan.
Speaker 3: Ray Lewis won in two thousand.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, Kyle Hamilton, if they use him the right way and put him in play in places to make plays he can if he if he's.
Speaker 3: A great job of moving around Joe, if he's.
Speaker 1: What we think he is like in that same type of hybrid safety, come down in the box, being able to cover tight ends.
Speaker 2: He win that award. Now he's more of a Troy Polamalow. They line him up at a different place. You see, he got sacked total, he got past defender, he got batted balls, he got sax right ed. You put ed in center field and he he King Griffyth j he gonna track it down every time you know you're gonna track it down.
Speaker 1: It was so funny. Ed is one of the few safeties. You know how normally you read your keys when the ball snapped your backpedal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I swear for god.
Speaker 1: We played ad sometimes he had start back so far like damn punk return and come forward. It was weird. It was weird. Plamalo. When you when you watch defense, when you watch film, you see cover four, cover three two, man fifty five, cover three, whatever it may be. They would always be in a place they're not supposed to be, and then when the ball supposed to be and then go where they're supposed to be What the hell they doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, how you in the A gap and you're supposed to be in the you're supposed to be in the hole and he just take our running right Yeah he end up in the hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or he ended up in the two high.
Speaker 1: I'm like, WRO Listen, there are only so many There are only so many safeties that are that special, that that special where they can be completely out of position but make sure they get where they need to be when the ball snaps and never miss a beat them. Dude, special man about having rang like having like ranged sideline, the sideline, the volume