Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of two thousand trend. Two thousand trend. It's going up, folks. I'm hearing it out of the windows of jeeps. Everyone's playing two thousand trend shit Grandpuba. Here you go, ah, still basking my victory. Miles you are, Miles, I am Jack. These are some of the things that are a trending. Oh yeah, something that we didn't even have it on The Doctor. You just mentioned as we were about to start recording the Safties Fielder. Now you know you're in trouble. They've got a Nathan Fielder and the Saftie brothers are gonna make a television program together.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Am I getting that correct?
Speaker 2: They said it was. First it's called The Curse, A half hour pilot was made and now it's actually being more described as a dramedy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, hm, well, now you know you're in trouble. Yeah, just I don't know why I keep trying to force that.
Speaker 2: Here's the log line. If you want to hold onto your butts, because this is again Fielder as get a good grip on the meeks, Jack, because here we go. Quote a genre bending scripted comedy that explores how an alleged curse disturbs the relationship of a newly married couple as they try to conceive a child while co starring on their problematic new HGTV show.
Speaker 1: No No No No, no no no, you had lost uh for a while that gpt Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean it does seem like a crazy, like word solad kind of thing going on. But I can you can already imagine how like meta and surreal this.
Speaker 1: Is going to be with that sounds sifty yeah ship. I mean, it's no big secret why uh nobody wants to work with Van Bod anymore?
Speaker 2: No, No, this which is wild to this is the kind of ship that like could be getting made, but the studios don't want to fucking come to the table. So now all we can do.
Speaker 1: Why Van Bod doesn't make Harlan Crowe is trending. There's more pro public reporting that suggests that Harlan Crowe was getting the big, the big breaks from all these trips that he was showering Clarence Thomas with.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like so basically he was writing off these trips by saying he was he was chartering his own yacht through his other company, so as if like a transaction was happening, he'd be like, well, that's what that cost because I had to charter my own yacht to do this stuff to get the money back. And immediately, like I think Senator Ron Waden is like, this is like the most basic billionaire tax scam of all time, right, are you serious? Because they try and do this shit because you know, if it works for business purposes, that that's one thing. But like when they can say, oh, it's to a company and it's charted, so I can also write this up to this amount, et cetera, et cetera. You know the people that were like even asked who like work on the boat, they're like, Tarnoledge. This boat has never been chartered to anyone other than Harlan Crow and his family. Like, you know, it's just it ain't that kind of boat, baby, It's a billionaire boat. It's just for them.
Speaker 1: Like many billionaire schemes, it puts me to sleep because it has a lot of details that I have to pay attention to. But and the bad thing they're doing is paying money, which they have a lot of.
Speaker 2: And here's so the short of it is, Hey, he was writing off those trips to Clarence Thomas through dodgy tax.
Speaker 1: Shit you lost me at writing off Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never mind, Harlan Crowe him bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Barhum.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know we say Bham Barham.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look for the valley folks, we always call it Barham. I get when people move, yeah, because we have our own fucked up ways.
Speaker 1: Simply we.
Speaker 2: Say los Felis. You know, the people who respect the span language who move here, they're like, well, it's los Falise, this is just this is the la like we call it.
Speaker 1: Lots of anyone who calls a los Falise like other than me when I first moved here. But then you get you get that drilled the fuck out of you.
Speaker 2: You don't know, people go los Falice.
Speaker 1: I was told that you weren't allowed to say that. That's what you trying to do.
Speaker 2: Respect a Spanish origin of that name. Come on, mother, shine you up real quick.
Speaker 1: You're better than me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But anyway, bar Ham Boulevard right there and Lancersham you know you hear me talk about being the lord and Lancersham right there. Uh the edge of North Hollywood Universal City, where Universal Studios is housed. Uh, so right now, this has obviously been the location with a lot of striking, a lot of picketing from writers and now actors. Universal Studios decided to basically trim all the big fight is trees that were along bar Ham Boulevard, like on the edge of the property that was that, you know, providing people shade basically during this like you know heat wave that we're mostly experiencing in this country to make it unbearable for striking the writers and acting.
Speaker 1: And by trim we mean like do the next step would be just cutting them down.
Speaker 2: It was like yeah, they were like, man, like you thought they put agent orange on this ship.
Speaker 1: Yes, just all the leaves are gone gone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they look like basically twigs that just cast a gnarled like you know version of a of a of shade onto the ground. So beautiful. Yeah, you know, but they're like, we never intended for anything bad, was trying to make it uncomfortable. But spoiler alert, that sounds like they're they're resorting to now, you know, hoping that the climate crisis will you know, weaken their resolve.
Speaker 1: We're actually finding efficiencies and synergies between the ship we're doing on the climate to make the world unbearably hot, and the ship we're doing to suppress labor because they can't even protest because it's unbearably hot.
Speaker 2: Outof somebody's like steal a fire truck and just like fucking just make it rain down on those people just to cool them off. But anyway, Yeah, this is just a quick update on what the STUDI.
Speaker 1: Kid rained down on me. Like my favorite Adam Sandler film, Wow, is have the name of the nine to eleven Sandler?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I rained down on it. I got a lot of tables, got a lot of tables.
Speaker 1: Kim Kardashian latest celebrity to release a fucked up energy drink. Yes, she's wearing in the In the promotional still she's wearing underwear and skiing, and then.
Speaker 2: The it's a bikini jack.
Speaker 1: She's wearing a bikini and ski a skiwear top and with a snowboard and the drink appears to becoming some sort of pink liquid out the top of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basic basic tagging is the font too? Yes, you know, I'm not trying to come for your hand styles, Kim. If you did put this out there, but it's called Alani New which I'm like, Okay, what was the origin of that name?
Speaker 1: As in new Metal? And yeah, it's spell It's New Metal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Wes Borland from Limp Biscuit. He has the next flavor in the lineup if people don't realize that. But it's a strawberry lemonade drink.
Speaker 1: How much caffeine two hundred grams, two hundred milligrams rather what so ap peers, we might be onto something with that being like, I feel like there you're able to get it over two hundred milligrams, but it's like you need some sort of special like FDA relationship or lobbying or something too. Because that that is, as you mentioned, that's the same as Logan Paul's Prime. It's the same as Celsius uh so.
Speaker 2: But it's double a red Bull double give you perspect evo on that. It ain't fucking pretty. I don't know if I'm a drink though, and whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack, Bro, you're too washed to get your hands on a bottle of Prime.
Speaker 1: Bro, I wish you, wish you could do that. The Paul Brothers on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I was walking by my local news stand and I thought I saw that he announcement came shortly after Chuck Schumer publicly called on the FDA to investigate the serious health concerns around Prime. So, you know, not the best timing for Kim becoming a beverage magnate. Is Kim karda Ashlan like cool with the kids?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think she's like, isn't she slowly going to become like Jamie Lee Curtis. It could be like the yogurt lady.
Speaker 1: Oh right, this is the first one. This is the one that gives them the bowel problems.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I don't. I don't know how the kids. I think she's just such a mainstay in culture. I don't know. I don't know what level of cool or thirst the children have of these days. But one side note, the company that is making this energy drink, the supplement company UH. In twenty nineteen, one of their things, one of their products, caused quote acute liver failure in an otherwise healthy twenty three year old woman.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: So I don't know which, I don't know which one that is. But cool, cool, So.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she did her It sounds like Kim did her homework, did her research.
Speaker 2: Du Yeah, just like when she was selling fucking crypto, when she was selling like what was it like Ethereum Max or whatever that like off brand shit and guess what, motherfucker you got got by the Feds for that. But hey, she.
Speaker 1: Did her due diligence. But the do was spelled du so that's it was spelled tew dwoe diligence. She did her diligence to the extreme. Uh all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. And Jesse Waters had his debut last night. You know, this is the first So this is the Tucker Carlson replacement. This is the guy who did want probably the most racist thing I've ever seen on Fox News, Like the most overtly racist thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the most like like non dog whistle, just like, Hi, this is racist.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is me Jesse Watt. Like he was Bill O'Reilly's intern at the time and he just went to Chinatown and like made racist jokes. Yeah, but anyways, now he's big boy. He's replacing Tuger Carlson. He opened his new show by pledging to follow in the footsteps of his predecessors and quote continue the tradition of excellence that was set by two guys who were fine for sexual harassment and spreading conspiracy theories that cost the network nearly one billion dollars respectively. You know, big shoes to fill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can he can he perpetrate a lie so damaging that it does open the company to a billion dollar lawsuit. I don't know. That's something to strive for, though, Yeah, something to strive for. But then the rest was just like a bunch of it's just just Water's drivel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just trotted out like the normal Fox and his talking points. It was what one reviewer called it a Carlson tribute act. He did a segment all about Hunter Biden and the baggy of cocaine that like no one cared enough to remember was the thing. He attacked Fauci and trans people. He complained about woke ice cream and woke hiking trails.
Speaker 2: Yep, the fuck is a woke hiking trail?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because they like deigned to acknowledge like the land or something like that, or that there was like some historical placard.
Speaker 1: Sure, probably, Yeah, they like renamed it or something.
Speaker 2: So stupid woke hiking trails. It's like it's like not even like an object, you know what I mean. It's like the ground.
Speaker 1: You're walking on has ever known the actual official name of the hiking trail that they're on. Maybe that's wrong. I don't know some of the birders. When I mentioned I was open to birding, the official birders came out and were like, I don't want to ruin it for you, but I'm like really tempted to ruin it for you with like all these official guides and somebody gave it put me on to a good bird call app. But anyways, I don't want to fuck with any of the professional outdoorsmen and say that nobody knows the names of the hiking trails.
Speaker 2: But yes, I certainly have.
Speaker 1: Course, yes, me an idiot has never known the name of the trail that I was hiking.
Speaker 2: Hey, at least he had his mom on the show at least, or at least like a voicemail or text messages I think from his.
Speaker 1: Mom, and his mom is like, I don't know it's it's a democrat. I will say it is effective for him because his mom both is a Democrat who says the things that you would say, like a rational person watching this would say. But then she like also loves him, and so there's it's like disarming. But then he just like stands there and like smiles smugly. But yeah, like that. A thing that he usually does on his show is like reads critical text messages from his mom. That's like part of his stick. And so this time they actually had her call up and she was like, you know, don't don't be such a fucking idiot, but like what in the most loving mom way possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's here's two seconds of it before you do our heads in.
Speaker 1: How have you pullo there? Mom?
Speaker 2: How have you enjoyed the show so far? I have enjoyed the show.
Speaker 1: I want to say congratulations, honeybun. We are so proud of you and your accomplishments, and you've worked so hard. There's a real dame.
Speaker 2: Have you keep your job, Jack, She's still a mother at the end of the day, and her son can do no wrong, even if that is going into offensive Asian racist.
Speaker 1: Jokes, but it also reeks of somebody who's like, Okay, how do we talk to this fucking monster who we like love but we have to. So she's like, Okay, this is my strategy. I'm gonna say, we love you, we want you to keep your job, and so we're looking out for you.
Speaker 2: But she was kind of like, yo, stop being into conspiracy theory shit. Stop talking about other people's bodies, like referencing all the anti trans shit, you know, kind of saying very normal like things that you would like you said, you would be aghast watching the show and be like, don't represent the family with that shit. But again, it's making money. Also, fuck it. Did you feel like that maybe there's a ten like a tension there between him and his mom. He's like, hello, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean like like, yeah, yeah, no, they definitely want to. They've definitely Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump talking about like it felt like almost like his mom like he's scared of her a little bit, Like he all like maybe that he wasn't like he was always trying to be good enough for something.
Speaker 1: Seemed to me like he has never been scared enough of his mom. He he just was there, smiling, smugly, and his mom was like, I know that humility is never being your strong suit, honey, And he was like, you got me, shut up, you old broad.
Speaker 2: Oh honey bun.
Speaker 1: But he's definitely like the most endearing thing, like it's well well angled, Like, look, I'm related to people who like are, oh, we.
Speaker 2: Call demons who have sex with kids. Yeah, that's my mother, that's my mom.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed the there's like a lot of media I've noticed a lot of headlines about the Sound of Freedom where like the yeah, mainstream media outlets are like getting on.
Speaker 2: Board with it.
Speaker 1: They have no idea surprise hit, Like they're treating it like it's the fucking hangover, like no one yo.
Speaker 2: Another thing I saw on TikTok fucking conspiracy theories where people are stringing together how like the movie theaters were like blacking out and shit and making it like untenable for a movie like a film viewing. Yeah, and so there's conspiracy trying to silence they're trying to silence the movie. But then like some people were like yeah, they're like electricities out and like the whole theater, like not just this one, but hey, you know confirmation bias y'all said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does feel like people are trying to They're like it's actually like really good and uh, surprise hit. Anyways, Yeah, there's conspiracy theories saying like that they're trying to hold it back, and there's conspiracy theories saying that like nobody's actually going to the movie and it's just like you go to a sold out showing and nobody's there. I'm like, I'm starting to worry that, like it is our journalistic duties to go see this movie at a theater and just but like.
Speaker 2: Deep, like I'm gonna go to the Inland Empire and a Samber and Adino and shit where like I know, motherfuckers are gonna pull up. I know how to I know how to go undercover.
Speaker 1: How do you go undercover?
Speaker 2: You don't want to know? Bro, you saw me, you would recognize me. You think I lost the plot? But I can oh blendee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll just wear my surfer stuff.
Speaker 2: Nar flat brim cap.
Speaker 1: I got it right here.
Speaker 2: Big basketball is baggy basketball shorts, socks with sandals. You're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll slick back here. Boppenheimer is now. So people are predicting a two hundred and sixty million dollar opening combined for Barbie and Oppenheimer.
Speaker 2: When when have we ever seen anything like that?
Speaker 1: I've never seen the like, yeah, where just combining the They're like, this is gonna be a big week for these two movies at.
Speaker 2: The same damn time. I mean, one of them is gonna triumph over the other. And I have a feeling it's gonna be Barbie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think, so is that? What is that? What it's Miles? I think Oppenheimer is gonna have legs at the.
Speaker 2: I think they're I just think, like psychologically, I'm like, all right, I gotta like Oppenheimer isn't going to be like a walk in the park. It's a three hour movie talking about the fucking development of the atomic bomb. Yeah, versus like Barbie and Ship. I'm like, yeah, that shit. I'd rather dissociate to that than Oppenheimer.
Speaker 1: Mission Impossible, Dead Reckoning. I was seeing, like, you know, I'm a I'm a bo tracker.
Speaker 2: I like to track the box pits.
Speaker 1: And people are like, it's coming very soft bo for Mission Impossible US made eighty million at the domestic box office of the weekend. It's pulled in two hundred and thirty five million dollars in a single week across five days. So that's fine, and it's like getting good reviews and good it is. Yeah, it's getting like really solid reviews.
Speaker 2: I've not heard good reviews from people who went no.
Speaker 1: This is something I'm also noticing is that there seems to be like that more of an opportunity for something to get good reviews and just completely stink Jack.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to just damage our brains and go see Boppenheimer Sound of Freedom and possible the.
Speaker 1: MC gang bang of like movies doing the whole thing out completely fucked up. Oh you saw, you're fucking hard. We saw the Sound of Freedom before.
Speaker 2: We did the MC box office bang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You might have to do it.
Speaker 2: I might just ask it. I might just you know, I'm not gonna say it out loud, but maybe I just have the Pirate the Movie movie watching on the old grainy cell phone. I don't know. We'll see, but yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: Definitely. Is that eighty one on Metacritic.
Speaker 2: I've heard my from people whose like opinions I respect, one being jam It was like, yeah, it was all right, that was like kind of his thing, and then he kind of like put us onto some of the things, and I was like, oh, yeah, that that seems a peculiar and another person was just like, yeah, like there's there's some good Like another review was, yeah, there's some good action in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it wasn't like Yoshu was good. It's just like, yeah, there's some good action in it, not like Yo. It's actually this one was good like other ones. I remember people being like, Yo's good.
Speaker 1: Sound of Freedom actually is a good example of like somebody was saying the Rotten Tomatoes score because it's a seventy three percent, like they were saying that that's a little fishy that like a lot of the Rotten Tomatoes reviews are from like blogs that just started a month ago. My friend John is like, really on this like conspiracy theory that this is all bullshit. Run Tomatoes is game is much more gamable because you can like put in a rotten or a fresh review even though it's like yeah, it's like two stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can review bomb in either direction on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Sound of Freedom on Metacritics is at forty three, which is like that's a bad movie right on Rotten Tomatoes it's in the seventies. So anyways, we will be watching it and giving you our opinion. The people I've heard of who actually watched that one, or like it's just really boring. There's no like someone wild chewing on shit. It's just a like Liam Neeson movie with Jim caveasl like the a complete void at the center of it. So wow, yeah, okay, so we'll see how it pairs with Barbie.
Speaker 2: I think you just need something that like gives you a sensational underlining of like the central myth of your conspiracy theory. Because if there are like kids at risk, and there are people who evn't go to the jungles and like fight people, but also like our you know, Noel powerful Americans, then you keep it alive.
Speaker 1: Do you hear that?
Speaker 2: Miles mhms.
Speaker 1: That's the sound of freedom. That's from It's from one of the trailers that I myself to watch.
Speaker 2: I really thought you were okay, all right, that's uh. That's gonna do it for us a podcast.
Speaker 1: That's the last episode. That's the podcast. We're back tomorrow with the whole lest episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, stay cool, stay alive out there, whether you know people living through a bunch of awful weather, disasters, don't do nothing about white supremacy. And we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,