Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Jo Getty.
Speaker 3: I'm strong and getting and no key, I'm strong and yetty.
Speaker 4: As a helicopter force ingress towards the objective at low level.
Speaker 2: We arrived at Maduro's.
Speaker 4: Compound at one one am Eastern Standard time or two to oh one am Caracas local time, and the apprehension force descended into Maduro's compound and moved with speed, precision, and discipline towards their objective and isolated the area to ensure the safety and security of the ground force while apprehending the indicted persons.
Speaker 2: So how old is Maduro?
Speaker 1: I gotta think he get woken up from a sound sleep, and there's a bunch of you know, US super secret Special Forces Special Forces dudes with guns and flashlights and stuff in your face.
Speaker 2: Takes a while to get your bearings.
Speaker 5: You got to have at least one thought that, wow, this is a weird dream. He's sixty three. Yeah, it take me a little while to se I had some pice of food last night. What's going on here?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 5: Well? General Caine there describing the critical kind of uh, you know, the climactic moments of the raid and coming across Maduro. We skipped past where he helps us understand the incredible complexity and sophistication of the operation and for that analysis, what a pleasure it is for the first time of the year to talk to military analyst Mike Lyons about this awesome, awesome demonstration of American capability. Mike, how are you, sir? Do you have a good holiday season?
Speaker 6: Guys? Happy New Year? And yes, it's had a great highlight season and what a way to start the year for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was really digging your Twitter feed in the middle of the night the other night, following your your analysis of that.
Speaker 2: It was what happened.
Speaker 6: So thanks, Yeah, you know, just watching this, you know, here's to me, it's the biggest issue. For months, I'd been talking to former special operators and other people in the military trying to figure out what are we doing in the Caribbean right Obviously we're projecting power blowing up drug boats and the like there, and we all thought that this mission was going to be impossible. I mean, for us to go in kinetically take out Maduro, it would mean an invasion for US. I kept saying, well, nothing's going to happen because the Army's not in the game yet. And you know, the only I can think of it was like you're sitting on a desert island, you got a can without a can opener, and you're not going to eat, and then all of a sudden, the next day the cans open and now you're gonna be able to eat. I mean, the level of from an operational perspective was so complex and just just incredible, and from a competency perspective, And I still have the scars from the nineteen eighties with you know, Desert One and what happened there and the ashes that took place there. So I can't reiterate just how incredibly amazing this mission was and the complexity of it. One hundred and fifty aircraft, no casualties in and out two and a half hours. You couldn't write a script that said it would go as as you said.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty aircraft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, help us understand what kind of aircraft and what were they doing for we layman, Just give us the broad outlines of the complexity of the operation.
Speaker 6: So all the levers of forces that we have in power where we're applied here aircraft that took out their air defense systems, drones, monitoring surveillance, helicopters, shuttling in the seventy fifth Rangers. You know, this was if you had to give a visual, it's kind of like Blackhawk down back in the nineties, that failure of a mission, unfortunately. But you know the fact that we had the Rangers in there protecting the strike force, which is the Delta guys that go in and extract people like this, this is their mission, and we know that they ended up practicing this for months before they had a set up and they had done this. I'm still surprised that Maduro didn't have thirty thousand troops surrounding him. I mean, given the fact that you know, he knew the United States was going after him. So it still is just incredible about those those soldiers getting in. But every single one of those aircraft had a mission either bringing troops in, gathering surveillance, taking out targets. Just a real high combination. And you notice General Kane kept talking about the Joint Force. The Joint Force that is the difference between US and every other military out there. This is why the Russians are wallowing a novacane in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: They can't jointly bring all their forces together to make to attack something and move forward with They don't combine air power with ground power and ISR. They just go one at a time. But in this case, the United States is able to take with interagency, take all of these levers of power and bring them together and create this incredible fist that can take anybody out that we choose.
Speaker 1: To give me an idea of how oh risky this would have been, Like if you do it ten times, are you successful eight times? Or do would you have any guests on?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 6: Well that's why we all sat around and said this just wasn't gonna happen. It wasn't even a kind of a course of action. And I was talking to guys that if the highest levels of jay Sock and you know that that had been in that spot, they just thought it was going to be just too difficult. The element of surprise, just maintaining that that alone was a factor that just was incredible. And then the weather played, I mean, the D Day type invasion is what we all thought. We thought that, yeah, if they thought they would move twenty to twenty five thousand troops or so, and because we thought they'd had to get an egress point in, but they were able to take out any of the air defense systems. So the other thing this does, too is that it shows that once again the total crap of Russian military equipment, because that's what's been surrounding Venezuela when it comes to their air defense system. So the essay three hundred you might as well put in the museum right now because anybody who has it is never going to use it again because the United States just blew right by it. So we take out the air defense platforms, we take out their systems, and then we've shut the power off in the country. I mean again, there's no other country in the world that can do this. But to say that you wouldn't expect a casualty, or you wouldn't expect something to go wrong, very unlikely. In this case. Eight out of ten times something else would go wrong. You have the expectation commanders expect losses. You have then expectation you lose something.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, miraculous success.
Speaker 5: I was struck by General Kin saying we rehearse this over and over and over again. Not so that we could get it right, but so that it couldn't go wrong. Now, obviously fate and God intervened, but that that's that's a philosophy that we civilians don't I hadn't heard articulated in that way before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the result of Desert one and the fact that you have to plan. When when I was on ACTI duty, we said, with the planning gets slimed, right, what's going to happen to us along the way, And you have to plan for every one of those contingencies, rehearse them so their second nature, so you know exactly what to do. It's that your playbook, checklist mentality that the military has military trains for that. Within our military because of this thing called commander's intents. Right, I'm watching people try to say, oh, the soldiers are these sailors, they don't know where're going. You know, we're invading Venezuela. None of that. Everybody got the mission. Everybody knew what the mission was. Get in, get out, extra extra streate the guy, get him in and out. Everybody knows commander's intent. And that's what's another thing that makes our military work better than everybody else's.
Speaker 1: Well, as you're talking to some of your friends who've been there, done that, with regime change and nation building and everything, is there some concern that we're going to have boots on the ground trying to keep Venezuela a stable place for a certain amount of time.
Speaker 6: I don't think so. This is not a rock We don't have one hundred thousand troops there. This was not an invasion, and it's also not regime change. Their constitution has put their vice president, Elsea Rodriguez now in charge, and we've given her the message you're either going to play ball or not. And if you're not going to play ball, you might find yourself in a pair of white tennis shoes and a Nike jumpsuits sitting in the back of a Special Forces helicopter here if you don't play ball. And the thing about it is, this is what we want to do. Were taking control, taking control of three hundred billion barrels of reserve crude oil in our hemisphere, not allowing the Chinese, by the way, the Uranians that had already built a drone facility manufacturing drones in Venezuela. The Chinese are taking their oil. The Russians and the military. This is long overdue to take care of this situation right now. I mean, this is, this has been so this will be so pivotabal for our country and from from a generational perspective, and how we've reset the world and reset the economy and the any energy market in particular, it's fantastic.
Speaker 5: I'm we're talking to military analyst Mike Lyons. Mike I mentioned earlier in the show that you almost have to compartmentalize each part of this because you always want to leap to the next part, and you kind of did, which is a great discussion, and I'm a little mystified by this. The upper was amazing, and there's a demonstration of American power. I think it will echo around the globe and it should. But going forward, can we exercise Lever's power effectively enough to get what we need out of the Venezuelan regime given the fact that they are still what they were and this this Galo's in charge now is a hardcore Maduroite socialist.
Speaker 6: Well we're gonna find out. And she controls the military right now, and he's basically said we'd come back in if we had to, So We're going to let this thing stew for a little bit. Again, it's not been regime changed right now, it's just different person running the country. Right now. I've got confidence that we'll put enough pressure on them. We will then start to take over the petroleum assets and where they actually pump oil from, and we'll do all we'll do all those kinds of things, which is what we're trying to do here. We're trying to get to I think, so for example, this this administration that Trump's was not keen about restoring Machado. That was the ind of Jual won the Nobel Peace Prize from uh this last year and.
Speaker 2: Was he already won the left election right right.
Speaker 6: But this but real politic on the ground. She doesn't control anything, you know, it's right now, this is hardcore human nature. Who controls the military? This is for you know, grown ups. This is not for you know, theoretical people that are running the government. She's got no legitimacy. Unfortunately, I hate to say it like that, but she doesn't to run the government. So we're gonna give this person, Rodriguez a chance because she does control the military and the oil. We're gonna cut a deal with her. I'm sure, and we'll move this. We'll move this down the road. And if we do it, this is again trumped with leverage. He is the leverage meister, getting leverage of oil right now. The fact that we have this control now over there oil puts Canada on notice, China onnoticed. China might not be able to invent in made Taiwan now they only have twenty five billion barrels in reserve. They might not have the energy to do it now. So there's so much leverage that was gained by this operation that without even a casualty being gone, I just can't talk about it so much.
Speaker 5: So if this gal doesn't come around, we snatch her up and then the person after her, and before long, it's like being the head of isis you know the first thing you do when you get the job is you're right your will?
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny was they got asked the question like Marco Ruby got asked the question over the weekend about why did you just take him? Why didn't you take all his other henchmen. It's like, do you not get do you not hear yourself? I mean, that was the mission of getting that one person, which is the person. So again it's all done legally too, which is really why we go in there in the first place, under this guise of you know, getting him from legally from a drug perspective. No, you can't argue against it.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: You know, the.
Speaker 6: Democrats wanted him out five years ago. They just didn't have the nerve to do what we did.
Speaker 5: Military analyst Mike Lines, Yeah, Marco gave a fine spank into Margaret Brennan.
Speaker 2: We enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you this before we let you go. I purposely went to New Orleans over vacation just to go to the World War II Museum.
Speaker 2: I assume you've been there before.
Speaker 6: I have amazing It's just, you know, the story you know, starts in the that real car and you walk through.
Speaker 1: That's the most amazing museum I've ever been to anywhere in the world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely incredible, and.
Speaker 6: A lot of presents there, and just the sacrifice is made and we just should never forget and we're getting further from that generation. But it's just incredible. I would buy everybody to go there. My classmate actually is one of the directors there, works down there and they hold nice events there, but just the historical what they've captured there is just amazing.
Speaker 2: Well we'll tell them I'm impressed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I want to hear more about that from you, Jack as well, Mike Liones.
Speaker 2: Mike, thanks so much for the time.
Speaker 6: Great to talk to you, great guys, Thanks for having me all.
Speaker 2: Right, our pleasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, is this an exciting time of the year and where you've got to get involved in Price Picks.
Speaker 2: We have got the brackets all set up.
Speaker 1: For everything, and you know, we know how it's going to play out somewhat at least who's going to play, So the price picks up today.
Speaker 5: Right, It's good to be right. Trying something new can be hard, but in life and Prize Picks, it's good to be right. With high pressure playoff matches every weekend Elite hoops action almost every night, the action never stops, and Prize Picks lets you take control. So with the new social feeds feature, you can share prize picks with your friends and copy lineups from winners with a single click. Maybe you're not good, but they are, so you just copy their lineup, copy lineups you like, or use them as an inspiration for your own.
Speaker 2: Picks even have early payoffs.
Speaker 5: If your player gets off to a hot start, you now have the option to cash out those winnings before the game even finishes.
Speaker 2: The idea is super simple.
Speaker 5: You just pick more or less on at least two player stat projections and go from there.
Speaker 2: Download the prize picks at today.
Speaker 5: Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That code is armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the political disaster it would have been if this operation hadn't worked well.
Speaker 2: I'd rather holy cow.
Speaker 1: The fallout from that would have been something else, and then the geopolitical fallout. Obviously, as you're saying, it's a pretty big deal that we accomplished what we did, and if we hadn't accomplished it, the guy would still be there.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we got a lot to talk about. I hope you can join us.
Speaker 1: By the way, the text line four one kftcy.
Speaker 6: My resolution for this year, if my plan is to have seventy five dollars automatically deducted from my checking account every month.
Speaker 1: Without ever going to the gym at all, not even the first time.
Speaker 2: You could do that, Yeah, absolutely could do that.
Speaker 1: I will be going to the gym today, having just gotten back from vacation yesterday, and I'm sure it will be jam packed off people in brand new workout clothes. Oh yeah, yeah, I'll be wearing my old workout clothes. But I too will be burning some calories, which is badly needed. Again, if I was a state fair hog, the vacation went great. Really looking at a ribbon this year, but I'm not. You see, as of yesterday you were up six from before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: That's pretty impressive. Yeah, well that's one word for it. Yes, yes, it'll kill me anyway.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 5: Thank God for the new stretchy fabrics that the American science has developed.
Speaker 1: Right that's that's a good way to make lemonade out of lemons, right there.
Speaker 5: But we live in a time with stretchy pants, right what night? And it's American ingenuity. Oh, speaking of which, I came across this. You know this, jack, All social issue polling needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Okay, And that's true of this too. But the arch Bridge Institute, which I'm judging from the writing style of their chief operating officer, is a patriotic outfit at conservative outfit. But they did a bunch of polling on the American Dream and it came whatever that means. And that's one of the great, you know, dishonest journalistic topics of our time is they just kind of assume the America can dream means whatever they want it to for the premise of their story, and then they declare that it's dead or people think it's dead or whatever. But then when you get down to wait a minute, how do you define the American Dream? You think that's a stupid definition. I don't think that's what I mean by it anyway. They asked, Well, first they said about seventy percent of Americans in their poll believe they have achieved or are on their way to achieving the American Dream. But more significantly, I think they asked them, what do you think that phrase means? What do you value about life when you talk about the American Dream? And freedom of choice? In how to live? Was the number one answer, eighty three percent. I want to live the life I choose.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good definition. That's a great definition I've always gone with.
Speaker 1: If you work hard and follow the rules, you can get ahead. Now a lot of people deny that. I still believe it's true. Oh you're a fool if you deny that.
Speaker 5: I mean you are definitely part of the times you're living in. Sometimes are easier than others, sometimes are harder than others. Sometimes your skill set, which is valuable yesterday, isn't as valuable today. But what is the alternative, you know, the warm embrace of collectivism?
Speaker 2: Good lord? Yeah, anyway, having a.
Speaker 5: Good family life was also very, very high on the list at eighty percent. Only fifteen percent said becoming wealthy, whatever that means, is essential to achieving the American dream.
Speaker 2: Happy to hear that.
Speaker 5: And contrary to the narratives of declining opportunity, just twenty three percent of Americans believe they have less opportunity than their parents did. And again, this is all, you know, debatable and interesting, but they also point, and one of the main points of this article is that they saw over and over again that Americans, real Americans, not journalists, not talking heads on cable TV, really are fond of their country. To Americans, view the US as a key driver of global progress leadership. They believe this is a country of optimism and possibility.
Speaker 2: All those things are true. Don't let anybody talk you out of it. Look at the new Joe bringing the sunshine. How long will this last? Critics want to know Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's free Maduro, Free him now Portland protesters. But it spears to be like three people involved in this. So I don't know how widespread that was.
Speaker 5: The hilariously idiotic reaction of the left to the Maduro raid coming up next hour stay with Us, not to be missed.
Speaker 2: But that reminded me.
Speaker 1: I came across I read a ton of projections, predictions, that sort of stuff from various people, and it was hilarious. I was listening to the National Review podcast, which I really like. Super smart people, you know, as dialed into the news as you can get, way more than me and everything like that. Unfortunate for them it was released the day we went in and took Maduro. One of the questions was where will Maduro be a year from now? And four of the final I know four of the five of them said it'll still be in power. So That just shows you.
Speaker 2: How surprising this whole thing was.
Speaker 1: People who follow this stuff closely for a living thought he'd still be empower in a year.
Speaker 2: That night he got snatched up.
Speaker 1: But anyway, one of the predictions from a historian, Neil Ferguson, who I really really like his twenty twenty six forecast, more war, more anti Semitism, less unity.
Speaker 2: Wow, Oh that sounds great. Maybe keep that to yourself. Yeah, wow, Dhoe invited him to the party. That's no fun.
Speaker 1: One thing I am looking forward to in twenty six, though, is the new CBS. Have you been following their rollout of their promos and everything like that, where they're vowing all these different things they're going doing. Man, it sounds fantastic. I hope they can. I think they will live up to it. With Barry Weiss, they're in charge. That the big question is, and the nuts and bolts of it is they're gonna try to not lean one way or the other, and they're gonna try to represent, you know, a point of view in America that gets left out. I was thinking about that as I was watching the news coverage, so I saw the pulling that two thirds of Americans think this was a good thing. Well that wasn't reflected in the news coverage the Venezuela thing.
Speaker 2: Two thirds thought it was a good thing.
Speaker 1: Well, there ought to be more news stations that reflect what the bulk of people think. Not that you have to go along with the mob because the mobs oft and wrong, but it just acknowledged the fact that the mob thinks this, and if you don't think it's right, then maybe lay out some reasons why you think it's wrong. But just to assume everybody agrees with you that it's awful so annoying. Yeah, and CBS is gonna try really hard not to do that. I saw Jan Crawford, their legal correspondent. Actually, I'll bet some of these people at CBS, it seems to me that are feeling free now. They're feeling like, oh wow, I can I can be the journalist I want to be in. Jan Crawford, their legal analyst forever on CBS, seemed that way to me when she was on Face the Nation last Sunday and they were doing their year round up, and she said, one thing I would like to see is a restoration of respect for the Supreme Court. She said, there's this belief out there that the Supreme Court is a Trump court and out of Whacker and she said it's just not true statistically, and I thought, that's fantastic, And I bet she's been wanting to say this for years. But she would have just gotten killed by their viewership, well and her management and her coworker. And because there was no coverage. You know, you saw it speaking of Barry Weiss. When she dared to say stuff even kind of like that at the New York Times, the wolves came out for and hounded her. Well, the wolves hound people.
Speaker 2: That's weird. It's like an interspecies thing.
Speaker 5: Anyway, they hounded her out of the newsroom. And now that's not gonna happen. You know, Jan Crawford, I always thought of her. It's like, you know, the wink in the nod that like back in the day, a couple of gay guys might exchange her a couple of potheads or whatever, you no reference to pot and their eyes meeting all. I always got the idea Jan Crawford was like a closeted at least reasonable person, if not conservative, because occasionally she'd show signs she'd give you that wink you with.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be interested to see if it can work, if CBS can do that and get any ratings, and you know how much pushback will it be. I've already seen a lot online about how awful CBS is and people won't watch it anymore or not, so they might ah shit at I don't know, maybe they're gonna get some of the Fox audience.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: I did see a year in roundup of ratings for television, and the big networks in primetime are now averaging about four million four million people, NBCCBSABC in primetime average is about four million, and in the prime demo it's way less than that because it's mostly super old people who.
Speaker 2: Haven't figured out other channels yet.
Speaker 5: Well, unless there are a bunch of guys chuck in a football back and forth. I can't imagine watching network TV in primetime. I can't remember the last time I did.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was, like you.
Speaker 5: Know, I tuned into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction there for about ten minutes like that board Henry and I got into Tracker for a while, which I think is the number one show on television, at least it was for a while last year.
Speaker 1: As a drama, and it was kind of like an old timey experience to watch a show that's on Thursday nights at eight on CBS and.
Speaker 2: There's commercials and stuff like that. Who's still doing this? Did you watch it in real time? No? DVR? Absolutely not? Who could do that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I just I wondered as a father and son of having that appointment might be kind of warm and cool.
Speaker 1: And now we watched it whenever we wanted, and we Binge watched it the way good American should do it.
Speaker 2: You go back and get all the episodes. I sit corrected.
Speaker 1: Something I didn't know was going to happen. In a couple of weeks. We are going to the Moon again. Just in a couple of weeks, NASA is sending astronauts around the Moon, not on the Moon, but around the Moon for the first time in over fifty years. Watch window is just a couple of weeks away. So I gotta imagine, with modern equipment, we're going to get some stunning pictures of the Moon here in a.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks. Excellent, excellent, and won't that change our lives?
Speaker 5: Then they land and wipe their butts with the Chinese flag and show that to Comi's what form.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's it. Maybe we're saying we're not going to land on the moon, right, but we're gonna do the old well wall. We're here land. And then do you said, take the Chinese flag and wipe themselves or or do the whole floss.
Speaker 2: Between the legs thing and ye suits with the flag it's a good option.
Speaker 5: Or you leave it in place, and just in place of the little star at the middle or whatever's on there, you put a picture.
Speaker 2: Of Winnie the Pooh. I mean, how much would that piss off?
Speaker 1: Sheesh in pag Another year in pod that reminds me another year in podcast has listening to from the Dispatch. They were talking about undercovered stories and one of the correspondents said, it's going on right now and this was at the end of the year, and I didn't follow it at all. The back and forth between the new leader of Japan and President Sia China really hot rhetoric back and forth over Taiwan that the world's completely ignoring because it's Christmas season, Trump and various other things going on, but just like could change the world forever. Sort of conversations between Japan and China, and having just been to the World War Two Museum, which laid out pretty clearly the amazingly violent history between those two countries, not to mention that if China jumps ugly with or if Japan jumps ugly with Japan, in theory, we're supposed to come to their aid or be on their side in.
Speaker 5: Theory by treaty, sacred decades old treaty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still wonder if we would. But yeah, so that's a hot spot to keep your eye on.
Speaker 2: That's very, very exciting. Now.
Speaker 5: I know you're well acquainted with Japan's horrific history in World War Two. Do you have any sort of cognitive dissonance in picturing them as an ally against China's at at all?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Times change, right, times change, that's a long time ago. Let bygones be bygones. Huh, those are some bygones. And I was at the World War Two Museum in a New Orleans, which I will say every time it comes up, that is absolutely worth the trip just to do that. It is the best museum I've ever been to. I don't know how many people are aware of this, but there wasn't a World War two museum in the country until not that long ago. And when Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg made Saving Private Ryan and got on a World War two kick, they were to find out there was no World War Two museum, and they got behind making sure we have one. And because they are very well connected, rich powerful people with rich, powerful friends, and that movie made such a mark on people, they raised gazillions of dollars to build this museum. And also because they're entertainers. I think it isn't like a lot of museums that seem like it was designed by your fifth grade social studies teacher with the ultimate goal of putting you to sleep or taking something interesting and turning it dull. Is made by you know, Hollywood people who understand storytelling and audio.
Speaker 2: Visual and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, So just from an entertainment standpoint, it's so damn good.
Speaker 2: Now we'll go to New Orleans to do that.
Speaker 5: While I'm there, May I drink to blackout, vomit in the streets, and exhort strange women to show me their breasts. While I'm there, there saw a lot of really drunk people. Oh, I got to tell this story before we take a break. This is my favorite drunk guy story. And I have been around a lot of drunk people in my life. I mean, I have spent my time with drug people. I've got the street cred for that, no doubt. But I had never seen this before.
Speaker 1: So my oldest son and I are in this bar restaurant watching a band.
Speaker 2: Music was so great everywhere, very freaking cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, it reminded me like when you go to Nashville and if you were a kind of wanna be musician like I am, it makes you want to cut off your hands and burn your instruments.
Speaker 2: Yes, says your instruments. Yes.
Speaker 1: At least everybody you come across is like stunningly good.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Trombone players were like what I mean, just.
Speaker 2: All over the place.
Speaker 5: Well, and what if what if you were that good and got to New Orleans or Nashville and realized, oh my god, there's seven hundred names me within three square blocks.
Speaker 1: Right, Hey, there's another guy in the corner plays just as good as you with all the hat out in front of it. Anyway, So I go into the restroom and we're standing at the urnals.
Speaker 2: Ladies, I don't know if you know how urinals work.
Speaker 1: We got a bathroom system in there where it's just it's up against the wall and you get to stand there and the wall is right there in front of you, which has never really been a problem for me. But there is this drunk guy in the stall next to me, and he kept he was going to unzip his pants to do his thing, and he kept bending forward and hitting his.
Speaker 2: Head on the wall.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he'd he hit his head and the I was like, damn it, ah, and then he and then he goes back to doing his pants and he bends over hit his head again. Dam I mean, he was cussing, and I wish I shouldn't do this on the podcast so I could use the word because it was so flipping funny. And he did it no less than six times. Were you his head on the matter? It was cement, yes, And he was so mad and he had the anger of like somebody was doing it to him. He just didn't understand where these blows to the head were coming from.
Speaker 2: Right, solve it, sove it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to tell him, dude, you gotta quit bending over. There's a wall here, and he ghosts it. Look, it's fine. I want it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is going to continue until you become aware of the fact, until you've got a brain bleed, going, oh my god, he was hammered. It wasn't that late.
Speaker 1: I wonder how his day turned out. I should have followed him around. I'm not sure, but there are a lot of people like that in New Orleans. That whole bourbon street scene. That was not my thing, even when I was in my twenties. Just that that thing, just you know whatever, cheap, crappy drinks and loudness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I agree. Is that for people who don't drink much? I don't just want to take it completely wildly over the top and then go back to their fairly sober lives or what.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was there for We were walking down there on New Year's Eve and I was looking around thinking, how is this entertaining for anyone?
Speaker 2: We were walking back to our hotel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as a drunk. I've always said, I know I was a drunk and that was not my scene. I want to tell him.
Speaker 1: You know, if you go like three blocks over that way, there are bars with amazing music in it, and uh and you know, really cool things happening, but or or you can stand here with a bunch of twenty somethings and get out of your mind on really crappy, cheap plastic cup drinks so you throw up and fall over.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: The police presence though, the security, I don't get that.
Speaker 2: I haven't come across.
Speaker 1: I want to have that conversation at some point, because I just think it's such a waste of tax payer money. There were squad cars with lights on evere hundred feet throughout the city, National Guard all over the place, cops and horses.
Speaker 2: And what does everybody say to me? What did everybody say to me? Every single person?
Speaker 1: Well, because of the terrorist attack last year, and what and so you think there's going to be this wouldn't again this year. That has never happened, Not one time has that ever happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's never happened. It's not the way it works.
Speaker 1: I've you after nine to eleven, I've never seen security like they had in New Orleans on New Year's Eve because of the terrorist attack last.
Speaker 2: Year, which makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I mean, you couldn't walk ten feet without a guy with like a full on military rifle. Wow, And what do we pay for that. Anyhow, that's a different topic. We got a lot more news to get to the to our mind, ridiculous reaction of the left to taking Maduro, I don't know what their argument is.
Speaker 2: Among other things. On the way, stay here, Armstrong, Hey, Billy.
Speaker 7: Joel surprising fans who came to see a Billy Joel tribute band South Florida.
Speaker 2: The piano man himself joined the.
Speaker 7: Group for his first performance since he revealed his brain disorder diagnosis last year. Joel sank two of his hits, we didn't Start the Fire and Big Shot.
Speaker 1: Good for Billy. Interesting choice was that we didn't start the fire? Was that just to show that his brains still work? Because the lyrics would be hard to remember? On that say, he forgot a couple of them, and this singer of the tribute band helped him out.
Speaker 5: But yeah, what he must have been, you know, in the town and saw Billy Joel tribute.
Speaker 2: I gotta check that out. That'd be hilarious.
Speaker 1: How crazy would you go if you want to a tribute band in the actual act?
Speaker 2: Walked out?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, nuts, So hey, I at least want to start this. I'll bet you did not hear about this over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I would not have.
Speaker 5: Unless I was alerted to it by our good friend Tim Sanderfer of the Goldwater Institute. There was an enormously important like Super Bowl of liberty win at the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. They ruled in favor of a group of school employees who argued that their free speech rights were violated when they were forced to endure a DEI training session that declared the usual stuff calling the police on black people and treating kids of color as adults, or forms of white supremacy, blah blah blah. Goldwater Institute filed a Friends of the Court brief, Friend of the Court brief.
Speaker 2: It's a typical story.
Speaker 5: And a lot of you sounds familiar to school officials in Springfield, Missouri, ordered employees to attend meetings where they are taught you know your DEI crap that America's legal, economic, social, and cultural institutions were saturated with quote covert white supremacy manifested in everything from claiming reverse racism to color blindness. White people are inherently privileged. They're morally obligated not only to acknowledge your privilege, but to renounce that privilege and to shut up and not talk if black people are in the room or whatever. Told their views were confused and wrong, not allowed to object. They were told their disagreement was having a conversation about football and bringing up baseball, whatever that means. But they're forced to shut up, stay silent. And then they were all given a test and if you did not have the correct answers, it would damage your employment. Now, the trial judge in the original case threw it out, said it was trivial.
Speaker 2: Can you thing imagine that?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: I abhorror political violence. But the things I would like to do to that trial judge, well, I'd like to give him a stern talking to. But anyway, the Eighth Supreme I'm sorry, the Eighth Circuit Court said no, that's wildly unconstitutional. Not only is it compelled speech, but it's the government telling people what to think and that they have to think it or the government will punish them as school employees. And so they absolutely hammered, hammered that law. This could echo throughout the land.
Speaker 3: Folks, this is a gigantic This is a Gettysburg size victory for liberty, and it passed mostly unnoticed because I think a lot of your media outlets are a little uncomfortable reporting it.
Speaker 1: Plus, it happened during that period where we just don't pay attention to hardly anything true enough, which is kind of weird to decide there's a couple weeks during the air no matter how big the story is, we're.
Speaker 5: Just going to ignore it. Well, I enjoyed the hell out of it, so I get why it happens. But yeah, I think it'd breakthrough somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but again, this was absolutely covered up.
Speaker 2: This is huge.
Speaker 1: The reverse of that is so for a couple of weeks we'll ignore giant stories. Then you go back to the world where you cover stupid crap that means nothing as if it's a giant story, right, you know.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 5: I wish they were popping into my mind right now because I thought of a couple of them over the break.
Speaker 2: Hey, anybody bring up X to you during vacation.
Speaker 5: No they didn't, And everybody was yelling at each other for a week about it, like a month ago, right, Yeah, Armstrong and Getty