Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central, from.
Speaker 2: The most trusted journalists at Comedy Central is America's only sorts for news.
Speaker 3: This is the Daily Show with.
Speaker 4: Your host Michael custom.
Speaker 1: Welcome and a daily show.
Speaker 3: I'm Michael Costa. We have so much to.
Speaker 5: Talk about tonight because one simple, eleven hundred page piece of legislation is tearing America's favorite friendship apart. So let's get right into it with our ongoing coverage of the big beautiful Bill.
Speaker 3: Oh I sleep with that rapper I considered. For a few days now.
Speaker 5: There's been a simmering tension between Donald Trump and Elon Musk, the leader of the free world and the breeder of the free world. But today the conflict has escalated into a full blown world war douche breaking news, a very public breakup between the richest man in the world, Elon Muskin, arguably the most powerful man, President Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: A fascinating and blistering war of words.
Speaker 7: It is getting messier, literally by the minute.
Speaker 3: Well, it's crashing and burning right now. The romance is over. Oh my god, I can't believe it. The thing that was always going to happen is now happening. And you get to be.
Speaker 1: A part of it.
Speaker 5: I thought these two billionaires with the world's biggest egos would work it out amicably. All right, let's take a step back and figure out how this completely predictable thing predictably unfolded. After Elon stepped away from the White House a few days ago, he started to express some constructive criticism about Trump's so called big beautiful bill, that it drastically increases the deficit, which clearly undercuts all the hard patriotic work Elon has done, gutting funding for cancer research and starving children. And at first it was just quiet complaining. But yesterday Elon took his campaign up a nuch.
Speaker 8: Elon Musk, who just yesterday called it an abomination, and doubled down on that today. In a string a posts, one reads, a new spending bill should be drafted that doesn't massively grow the deficit and increase the debt ceiling by five trillion dollars. In another, he writes, call your senator, call your congressman. Bankrupting America is not okay.
Speaker 4: Kill the bill.
Speaker 8: Another simply shows a movie poster for the Quentin Tarantino movie Killed Bill.
Speaker 5: Right, Kill Bill, I guess Elon is a fan of Tarantino movies, although not the one where all the Nazis diet the end.
Speaker 3: That one makes him sad.
Speaker 5: Now, Trump had been uncharacteristically reserved about his good friend turning against his bill, and even today when he was asked about it, you could tell that he was treading lightly.
Speaker 9: I've always liked Elon, and that's oars very surprised.
Speaker 1: Elon and I had a great relationship.
Speaker 3: I don't know well anymore.
Speaker 9: I was surprised, but I'm very disappointed in Elon.
Speaker 5: I've helped Elon a lot. Yeah, yeah, I mean, this is just like when your mom catches you jerking off to her JC catalog.
Speaker 3: Trump's not mad, but he is disappointed.
Speaker 5: But this was an interesting response because for every other ex staffer who speaks out against Trump, he's like this loser, piece of shit, low life dirt bag. I wish I'd fired him sooner and his wife. But when it came to Elon, he was more subdued. And I think that's because Trump could tell that deep down inside, Elon has four hundred billion dollars. But if Trump was hoping to handle the situation delicately, it didn't seem to work.
Speaker 10: And Elon Musk is wasting no time pushing back. He said, without me, Trump would have lost the election. Democrats would control the House, and the Republicans would be fifty one forty nine in the Senate. And we're not going to say such ingratitude.
Speaker 5: Woo, all right, woo. This isn't about policy anymore. This is getting personal. This is Elon saying I made you, and like everything else I make, I can blow you up. And by the way, Elon taking credit for winning the election is a little rude to the Democrats, isn't it. I mean, you're totally erasing all the work they did to blow the election. But those tweets triggered Trump. He doesn't mind if you criticize his policies or ideas, or family or children.
Speaker 3: He doesn't give a shit about any of that.
Speaker 5: But the one thing you cannot do is suggest that Trump didn't win something on his own. He thinks he won everything on his own, even the things he lost.
Speaker 3: So then Trump started swinging back.
Speaker 11: Let me read a little bit of what Donald Trump posted on True Social He says Elon was wearing thin.
Speaker 3: He asked him to leave.
Speaker 11: I took away his ev mandate that forced everyone to buy electric cars that nobody else wanted, that he knew for months I was going to do, and he just went crazy.
Speaker 3: That's not fair.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk didn't just go crazy. He's been crazy for a long time. And maybe he's right. What kind of idiot would be into Elon's cars?
Speaker 9: I love Tessler, not me Murr.
Speaker 3: And Trump didn't just leave it there.
Speaker 5: He also threw an a threat saying, if this African junkie wants to cut the deficit, I know where to start.
Speaker 11: And he says the easiest way to save money in our budget, billions and billions of dollars, is to terminate Elon's governmental subsidies and contracts. I was always surprised that Biden didn't do it.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, Elon's government contracts can't be worth that much, can they? Oh it's six point three billion dollars last year.
Speaker 3: Elon, you idiot, This is why you always signed a pren up.
Speaker 5: By the way, can we just point out how crazy twenty twenty five is.
Speaker 3: Most people can't afford to eat eggs anymore.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, these two billionaires are attacking each other from different social media platforms that.
Speaker 12: They each own. Maybe we should eat the rich. But Trump, but Trump.
Speaker 5: Elon, let's calm down, all right, things are getting a little two heated at this point. We can still walk away from this. Right, Let's not say something we can never take back.
Speaker 6: Right, right, Elon must tweeting within the past one minute. Time to drop the really big bomb at real Donald Trump is in the Epstein files. That's the real reason they have not been made public. Have a nice day, DJT exclamation point.
Speaker 3: America tonight we are a nation at war.
Speaker 5: Look, it's not a big surprise that Trump might be in the Epstein files. We've seen them party together. Of course Trump is in the Epstein files. This is like saying, guys, they're aliens in the X files.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously.
Speaker 5: But for his own best friend slash sugar Daddy to say this is huge, Although I like that he ends it with have a nice day. I don't know if Trump is, but I sure am. But as you can imagine, this whole feud is tearing Maga world apart.
Speaker 3: Steve Bannon called for Musk to be deported.
Speaker 5: Some Musk fans called for Trump to be impeached, to which Musk replied, yes, But some more sober minds are calling for a ceasefire.
Speaker 3: Kanye West reacting to the few today posting grows please no, we love you both so much.
Speaker 5: Look, you know you've gone too far when Kanye West is saying please stop being messy on the internet.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, some people in Maga.
Speaker 5: World are so freaked out by this breakup that they've chosen to respond in denial.
Speaker 4: I think Trump might be working in tandem with Elon here to tank his own bill in a four dy chess move.
Speaker 5: Oh, four D chs. No, at best, it's Jenga between two kids who immediately knock the tower over and start whipping blocks at each other. Now, for more on the fallout between Trump and Elon, we go Live to Washington with Grace Coole and Schmid.
Speaker 1: Grace Boy, Grace.
Speaker 5: The way these Trump and Elon fanboys are handling their breakups seems kind of sad.
Speaker 13: Actually, Michael, you're kind of sad and stupid. I've been talking to a lot of Republicans and it's obvious that Trump and Elon are playing four D chess, maybe even five D chess, and all of these d's are rock hard.
Speaker 5: But Grace, those Republicans are kidding themselves. Elon is trying to kill Donald Trump's bill.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so that they can pass an even better bill, a bill that they wrote together. Classic six D chess move. It's like Jesus, you kill him, then he comes back even more powerful with washboard abs and one of those haircuts that TikTok.
Speaker 3: Guys as Grace chrace what he talking about.
Speaker 13: It's kind of like short on the side, but super fluffy up took.
Speaker 3: No, I don't, that's not what I mean. Trump. Trump and Elon are not secretly working together.
Speaker 5: Republicans just don't want to admit that their two leaders are split over Trump's signature legislation.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Maybe maybe the bill is going to die in the Senate. Maybe Republicans can't get the support it needs. And Chuck Schumer walks out to cast the deciding vote, and then he reaches for his.
Speaker 4: Neck and he pulls his face off.
Speaker 13: It's Elon muskt a mission impossible mask.
Speaker 3: Oh shit. He votes to pass the bill.
Speaker 13: Democrats race to stop him with the Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Fly into the room on the wing of his guitari jet.
Speaker 13: It starts karate boxing, he does his own stunts. Check out the whole franchise on Paramount plus.
Speaker 3: Grace Gray stop us.
Speaker 1: No, this is.
Speaker 3: Not an action thriller must call Trump a pedophile.
Speaker 5: Republicans have to accept that this alliance has collapsed.
Speaker 13: No, your parents are getting divorced.
Speaker 3: What Michael, imagine.
Speaker 13: A chessboard in seven dimensions?
Speaker 3: What are the seven dimensions?
Speaker 14: Time?
Speaker 13: Space, medicaid, gravity, starlink.
Speaker 3: Some grace, Grace, Grace. It just seems like they're both trying to get each other into checkmate?
Speaker 13: What is checkmate?
Speaker 3: Checkmate like chess? I'm unfamiliar, Grace.
Speaker 5: We've been talking about this the whole time.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a twist. Grace, Coole and Schmid, Everybody.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Louis Black and were joining me on the show, Don't Go Away.
Speaker 15: Checknoes, Welcome back to our show.
Speaker 5: When a news story falls through the cracks, Lewis Black catches it for a segment we call back in Black.
Speaker 14: Right now, college students across the country, you're graduating and getting ready to enter the glorious psychotic nightmare that.
Speaker 1: Is adult life.
Speaker 3: Welcome kids.
Speaker 14: You'll need two things, a posited mental attitude and a cyanide capsule in your moler.
Speaker 3: But when the shit hits the fan. But that's not.
Speaker 14: The only advice you'll need, because, thanks to AI, you newly minted graduates probably don't know shit.
Speaker 16: A growing number of college students are reportedly turning to artificial intelligence for help with their coursework. Students us IT taking notes during class, devising study guides, practicing tests, summarizing novels and textbooks, drafting their essays.
Speaker 1: How many of your peers do you think use AI?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 4: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Probably like nine.
Speaker 7: Everybody that I've talked to is at least experimented with it.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 14: That's what you're experimenting with in college?
Speaker 3: Shit? Jeping tag you. You should be.
Speaker 14: Doing fun experiments like how much LSD can you take before you forget your name?
Speaker 3: Take it for me? Do a leap?
Speaker 14: And it's tragic that AI is robbing these kids of a proper college education. I mean, what are we gonna do if a student like Baron Trump isn't using his full cognitive ability. The only thing AI should be telling that Sasquatch in the suit.
Speaker 3: Is be sure, you freak.
Speaker 15: You're plucking the goddamn son.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 14: It's bad enough that students are using AI to cheat on everything they're doing. What's even worse is that they're bragging about it.
Speaker 10: If you saw my video yesterday, you know I got called in my professor's office for using AI. But today's a new professor and a new exam, so we're still gonna be ripping AI for the whole test.
Speaker 3: Another exam in the bag, another one hundred again.
Speaker 17: Well, senior year of high school, we got to sign this ginormous essay that we had to do, and I was like, bro, there is no way that I'm writing this. So I copy and pasted the prompt into chat should be. He added my sources and made them write the say, and then I got an F on the assignment and then I filled the class. Oh moral of the story, You're gonna fill all your classes if you use chat GPT, So just.
Speaker 14: Don't ah, what are you doing to your eye? Can chat GBT? Please tell that woman to keep her cornea out of my face. So AI is smart enough to help the kids cheap, but not smart enough to tell him to shut the up about it. And you'd think when all these kids admitting to using AI, their professors would be furious.
Speaker 16: New recording shows a growing number of instructors using artificial intelligence tools.
Speaker 11: Professors tell The New York Times that using chat GPT saves.
Speaker 4: Time, helps ease large workloads, and serve as teaching assistants.
Speaker 3: One professor at Harvard is trying to use AI for his students and to their advantage.
Speaker 5: We recreated the way that we would teach in the classroom with the AI tutor.
Speaker 14: Come on, professors, if you replace your teaching assistant with AI.
Speaker 4: Then who you're going to leave your wife for?
Speaker 14: And if you're not using your brain as a professor, what is your job? You're basically a scarf model with a drinking problem.
Speaker 3: And Harvard professors.
Speaker 14: Using AI is extra insulting. You're the top school in the country. Why did you students even bother paying an Asian.
Speaker 3: Kid to take their SAT. So AI is.
Speaker 14: Making everyone lazy. Even school administrators are using.
Speaker 2: It all right, first glances may look like a regular old graduation ceremony, but take a closer look.
Speaker 10: Instead of a proud teacher or a dean reading off their name shaking their hands.
Speaker 11: These accomplished graduates scand a QR code on their phones, and then AI read the names.
Speaker 4: Allowed Burakuya, gomanz Ako, Alvarez.
Speaker 3: What the is this.
Speaker 14: Graduating college or boarding a plane at LaGuardia? Oh a QR code scanner? What a personal touch? Who doesn't like being treated with the same dignity as ahead of lettuce.
Speaker 3: At hold food.
Speaker 14: So there's barely anybody left who isn't even using AI, and even when they don't, they're getting punished for it.
Speaker 17: Students across the country.
Speaker 11: You've been wrongly accused of AI cheating with his scholarship on the line, an AI detection tool incorrectly flagged Joe Rivera.
Speaker 7: I get an email three days later saying, Hey, you've been flagged for plagiars of specifically chajimt and for that you need to contest us or you take a zero and you fill the class.
Speaker 17: His professor, after a closer look, confirmed he did not cheat.
Speaker 3: Suck on that.
Speaker 14: Nerd that don't teat you for trying to actually learn something. And ladies and gentlemen, that's the state of education in twenty twenty five. Students are using AI to do their work, teachers are using AI to do their work, and any students who aren't using AI are being punished.
Speaker 3: So let me put this in a way.
Speaker 14: You kids can understand.
Speaker 1: Your Michael.
Speaker 15: Good drag everybody away, come back because ABA bucom we're going on the study.
Speaker 1: Welcome back together, shuff.
Speaker 5: My guest tonight is a historian and author whose new book is called Losing Big, America's Reckless bet on Sports Gambling.
Speaker 3: Please welcome. Jonathan D.
Speaker 5: Cohen, huge fan of America's Reckless bet on sports scambling the best your book takes on modern sports betting. But before we get into that, Tonight, do you think Obie Toppin is going to get four and a half rebounds in Game one?
Speaker 4: On the end of this segment brought to you by FanDuel.
Speaker 3: Why now? Why this book? Right now?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think we're at a point of what I would call a public health crisis where young men in particular are losing more money than they can afford, and states are basically not even getting that much money for it. And the consequences are being felt again by primarily young men who are again either losing more money than they can afford or in worst cases, developing full blown gambling addictions and thoughts of suicide.
Speaker 3: How did we get here?
Speaker 5: Because America has had a long history of betting and gambling but this seems like we've taken on a whole new level.
Speaker 4: So here here we got in. So in nineteen ninety two, the sports leagues went to Congress and asked for what they get with the passage of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act PASPA, which effectively which did in fact, blocked states from legalizing sports gaming. Okay, fine. And then in twenty eighteen, the Supreme Court, on the basis of states Rights, which is of course a really cool doctrine that's never caused any providence before. Yeah, on the basis of states rights basically ruled pasta unconstitutional and states are allowed to legalize sports gaming if if they want to.
Speaker 3: And then that's kind of when the floodgates opened.
Speaker 4: And so now we have thirty eight soon to be this year, thirty nine states and Washington, d C. With sports gambling, and thirty with gambling on your cell phone.
Speaker 5: Some states did it very quickly. New Jersey was given a year to manage it, and that up. It's New Jersey, right. I think Delaware did it. In your book, you said they did it in like six weeks. Jersey gets a year. They still they still can't figure it out. Talk a little bit about fantasy sports, talk a little bit about the Gateway drive, fill out your bracket, seems innocuous, seems harmless, But in some ways did that help us get here?
Speaker 4: Right, it's not gambling, but it's not not gambling. And legally, if there was this whole state's rights argument, that is what got us here. But culturally, the reason that within six weeks we have people wining up ready to bet, or wedding to bet on their phone is that you're already acclimated to leveraging predictions to make money with something like fantasy sports, or leveraging college basketball. And then not to mention, you may remember in twenty fourteen twenty fifteen, FANDUL and Draftings took off not as sports betting companies, but as daily fantasy sports companies. Right and lo and behold come the Supreme Court decision. They already had every American sports better is like social Security number, phone number, They were trusted with, credit card deposits name recognition, which is what allowed the Spreme Court decision comes down, Boom, They're multibillion dollar companies overnight.
Speaker 5: The State of Colorado says that the revenue created through gambling.
Speaker 3: Goes towards the water. The water, there's other initiatives. Is this bullshit? Is does this help me place a bet?
Speaker 5: This is for the water? Hey, I want my kids to have clean water. Let's bet that.
Speaker 4: You know who it really helps is it helps the lawmakers sleep at night because it helps them justify why they've unleashed this public health crisis in the name of tax free government revenue, which has always been sort of the bottom line for lawmakers when it comes to the expansion of gambling.
Speaker 3: But is it not going to water and helping water.
Speaker 4: It is going to water, but like it, it's not even golden goose. It's like a bronze. It's like a copper goose. It's like when you look at how much goose. Yeah, it's like how much money, how much money you sort of promised or at least is imagined by these lawmakers, and then how much actually comes in because sports betting is just such a low margin business for this date.
Speaker 5: I remember in Michigan where I'm from, the lottery would go to education. There's always these ads like buy your ticket, help the schools. And I remember I was eleven years old and I would say, maybe we should just fund the schools.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm a hero.
Speaker 3: I'm the hero here. I'm the hero here.
Speaker 5: Maybe Colorado should just fund the money, fund the water without.
Speaker 4: But that would be too hard.
Speaker 3: It'd be too hard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how many people are doing this as okay?
Speaker 4: So with the caveat that, Texas and California, the two most popular states, don't have legal sports betting yet. Right the esthmens are the twenty to forty percent of American adults have legally bet within the last five to seven years.
Speaker 3: Clap your hands if you've set a bet in the last year. That guy looks like he's lost a lot.
Speaker 5: One thing that I found fascinating in the book that I learned was that a small amount of gamblers actually attribute to the most amount of revenue. So most of us are gambling sixty percent or something equal.
Speaker 3: One percent of revenue. Is that good? Is that bad?
Speaker 4: It's good for the sixty percent of people who contribute one percent of revenue. It's bad for the eighty two percent of betters on the NFL who or excuse me, the three percent of betters on the NFL who about to eighty two percent of the revenue. And so some of those people sure, they're really really rich like you, and they're gambling millions of dollars because they're But a lot of the people are kind of like the guys I profile on the book, who are like gambling their rent money and are just over their skis, or they're developed an addiction of some kind and they and they should not betting as much as they are.
Speaker 5: The NFL kind of hides behind this, this is good for the fan experience. Talk a little bit about how the NFL, which was adamantly against gambling, but man, has that changed.
Speaker 4: Right, And so for decades, literally decades, the NFL used gambling as a punching bag whatever problem the NFL had. At the peak of the concussion crisis, Roger Goodell says that gambling is the number one threat to the integrity of football because of course it's not concussion.
Speaker 3: Well he may have been concussed.
Speaker 4: But it's sort of a punching baggots. You can trust our product not just because like America is football and football is America or whatever, but like because we hate gambling so much. That's why you can trust our product. And then May fourteenth, twenty eighteen, ten oh one am when sports gambling is going to be legal. Lo and behold, we need to give gambling as tight a bear hug as possible and extract every last dollar out of the gambling economy so that we can monitor it and so that we can keep our players safe and so that we can keep our game safe. Oh and we can make billions of dollars from it.
Speaker 5: I mean the ads, it's incessant, it's NonStop. What else are the apps doing to kind of ray on us or even you know what other ways is this industry attacking us?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: So if you imagine the complaints all the time now about social media and the endless scroll for example, and these sports books apps basically mimic the endless scroll, where we when we legalize this, as in twenty eighteen, we were probably imagining, Hey, I'm gonna bet on the Knicks over or whatever. I'm probably gonna lose because it's the next but I'm gonna bet on the next over or whatever. I'm from there a lot of money, yeah, yeah, but that's normal. Okay, Like I'm gonna bet on on a team to win the game. Okay, that's normal. But these days you can bet on like Malaysian women's doubles badminton, because there's obviously a huge black market from Malaysian women's doubles Batman, and we need to get those gamblers wore gambling illegally onto our apps. So this endless stream of betting options. You can bet on like the speed of the next pitch. You're a tennis gout, you can bet on like whether the next tennis serve will be an ace. The goal is to mimic the slot machine phenomenon or the roulette wheel phenomena, where just constant action, you finish your role, okay, let's just do another one, and there's just constant constants of action rather than having to wait three hours for your beat to material.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was something that really resonated with me from the book. It's that the gambler isn't necessarily addicted to they won or they lost. They're addicted to the action. They're addicted to the feeling of will they win or lose?
Speaker 3: And that never ends.
Speaker 5: And it also makes a really shitty basketball game exciting all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: Right, if every five minutes you can bet on, or not even every five minutes, every five seconds you can bet on something new and you can get that feeling, that dopamine hit that you got when the let wheel is fitting.
Speaker 5: I personally don't naturally provide empathy for a gambling addict. I go, come on, man, stop stop doing this. You're fucking up your life. But explain to me some of the things you say in the book about how it might not be that simple and how you call it a public health crisis.
Speaker 3: What is that.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe you go to heroin addicts and you tell them to stop too, and then it is.
Speaker 5: Some reason it's easier for me with drug and alcohol addiction to sympathize or just go like it's just one little drink. I can see how it can escalate. But some of the things you outline, I mean, the apps know when you deposit money into your bank and then they email you. I mean, it starts to really feel like it's tough to say no over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: Right, And so, just to your point your first question, the gambling actually is a lot like more more like drugs and alcohol than you think. The American Psychiatric Association has it categorized as official gambling addiction as an official addictive behavior because it is not like something like sex addiction. That's like a disorder, but it doesn't like affect your brain chemistry. Gambling it literally affects your brain chemistry and changes jopamine pathways. So someone who's addicted to gambling isn't like choosing. Can't you can't just tell them to stop. They are not choosing to gamble. They're in the same way you can be addicted to a drug. You can be like chemically addicted to gambling.
Speaker 3: But it's right on our phone, which we also use for everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it states rights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are some of the solutions?
Speaker 3: What can we do here?
Speaker 4: So I would say there's two categories of solution.
Speaker 3: Because you're not against sports betting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet on Danish handball like an hour ago.
Speaker 5: Just a well and you know one of the examples used and you really do a wonderful job of highlighting some individuals that really put themselves in difficult life problems because of gambling, one of which needs the action in the middle of the night, So starts gambling on minor league British.
Speaker 4: Darts, which you're a huge fan of.
Speaker 5: And it's funny, it's humorous until you think, no, you want action. If you're an American there's no sports happening mill the night, but there is over there, and that's it's terribly dangerous.
Speaker 4: So this is one of an easy solution, for example, get rid of these insane sports that literally only someone with a gambling addiction would ever possibly think to bet on. Right is what couple that with all sorts of other changes of the app, getting rid of the endlesscroll, getting rid of some of these live bets. Adding friction, I think when you deposit money into your account, you should have to like wait twelve to twenty four hours until you can get able with it. Of lost chasing where you lose your bet, I'm so mad, let me just put another one hundred dollars in. Oh I'm so mad. I'm gonna put two hundred dollars in, and all of a sudden, like fifteen thousand dollars later, like you wake up and you're like, what the hell just happened to me? Slow it down, yeah, friction.
Speaker 3: Slow it down. Yeah. It's a fascinating book.
Speaker 5: I think this is such an interesting topic that it's one of those things that America just does so terribly that we just accept and adopt way too quickly and then we hustle.
Speaker 3: Back to try to fix it.
Speaker 5: And your book makes a good argument that we need to start trying to fix it right now.
Speaker 4: That phenomenon that you describe needing to like of like unleashing something and then ah lo and behold, we mess it up. That was basically why I wrote the book, and that's why I think parents, for example, of young kids, like younger than you think, need to like make their kids aware of gambling and gambling addiction and that they can't have these encounters on their own. And then all of a sudden they go from video games to sports betting to some sort of gambling problem.
Speaker 3: Great, it's a great book. Thank you for being here so much. Losing Big is available now.
Speaker 1: To write back after that, Thank you so much. Yeah, not thatself. Tonight here is a moment of death.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: I think he misses the place.
Speaker 9: I think he got out there and all of a sudden he wasn't in this beautiful oval office. He's not the first people leave my administration and they love us, and then at some point they miss it so badly, and some of them embrace it, and some of them actually become hostile.
Speaker 7: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 9: It's sort of Trump derangement syndrome, I guess they call it.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount.
Speaker 3: Of plus
Speaker 1: Paramount Podcasts mm HM