Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Show.
Speaker 2: Getty Armstrong and Getty and he is Armstrong.
Speaker 3: And Getty Strong and welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We are on vacation. But boy, do we have some good stuff for you. Yes, indeed we do. And if you want to catch up on your ang listening.
Speaker 4: During your travels, remember grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You ought to subscribe wherever you like to get podcasts. No On with the infotainment And this week is always Fat Tuesday. In Marty Gras happening in New Orleans. And I just saw some Marty Grass rep worse down there. Cyber truck had pulled up on the street and there was a tremendous amount of booing going on, and I just thought that was interesting that that is like seen as an I was going to say a vehicle, but it's actually a vehicle, so using it as a here's the sound.
Speaker 2: Doing a cyber truck pulling trup. Oh the music play it. It's in the background. Women are showing their boobs for.
Speaker 4: Needs.
Speaker 3: Yet it's still time to do the leader of DOGE because you hate cutbacks and spending.
Speaker 4: I just don't get it. Wasteful spending, idiotic spending. That's just tribal signaling. Oga boga, don't care. Yeah, speaking of that sort of thing. Oh, Michael, are you giving up playing chest for lint? I am yes, no more shadless. So one of the themes that the President struck in his speech last night was getting rid of a bunch of woke crap and transgender this and that, which I thought was terrific. And we'll play some highlights in I don't know, twenty minutes, half an hour or something like that, but I thought a couple of things were very interesting, one more newsy and one more philosophical.
Speaker 2: But first of all, the newsy thing.
Speaker 4: For the last decade, the establishment media have touted advocates claims as fact that we have roughly fifteen thousand transgender people serving in the US military. If you're not familiar with the term, it means a person of one sex pretending.
Speaker 2: To be the other sex.
Speaker 4: Wow, and over and over again, I've heard the fifteen thousand numbers and thought.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's a lot.
Speaker 4: No I believe it, But yeah, I was. I didn't either, but I had no idea what to think. But this week President Donald Trump's Pentagon revealed that the number is about forty two hundred service members, which is still a hell of a lot, but it's just over one quarter of what they were claiming. This adds up to one transgender person for every five hundred service members in a military of two point one million active in reserve members. I am surprised that it is that many, and I'd be curious as to what is going on psychosocially that would.
Speaker 3: That would cause that. I mean, you talk about ridiculous tribalism. I came across Bill Crystal's tweet last night.
Speaker 2: Most of you.
Speaker 3: Don't know who he is. He used to be one of my favorite pundits. He is a hardcore conservative, like in the classic style. His dad, Irving Crystal founded I think the Weekly Standard, one of the great writers of conservatism, and Bill Crystal carried that on and then Bill Crystal hated.
Speaker 2: It, called Berry Goldwater a moderate.
Speaker 3: Bill Crystal who used to be on you know, like meet the Press and face a nation and arguing for conservatives all these years. He hated Trump so much he went over with the people that formed the Bulwark, and they have become a grift machine. And they've just figured out that if they say bad things about Republicans that they can make a lot of money. And this is what Bill Crystal tweeted out last night. Stand with trans Americans. You don't have to understand everything about the transgender experience to know that Trump's act of humiliation and dehumanization are unjust and dangerous. You've lost your mind just because he hasn't lost his mind, he's become so cynical. He just thinks, you know what, it's all a game. Anyway, screw it. There are enough of these people out there if I take this angle, they'll continue to you know, donate money to us and read our stuff and give us clicks, and I'll make a look whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give the converts. Everybody wants to celebrate the converts.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yeah. Wow. That is some cynical crack.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of which, those of us who aren't cynical have looked at the world around us, and and I think a lot of you probably understand that the hardcore activists in the Woke Thing are neo Marxists, and the Woke Thing is just an excuse to say, you're in charge of this institution, but you're a racist, and I can prove it with my anti racist theories, and obviously we can't have a racist in charge, so now I'm in charge.
Speaker 2: It's a method of conquest.
Speaker 4: It takes over institutions, be they you know, schools or government departments or whatever.
Speaker 2: We get the hardcore.
Speaker 4: Doing that, the people who want to be nice people and they go along with it. This is the useful idiots, and they are legion in their numbers, and often it's young people because young people are easy to indoctrinate.
Speaker 2: The problem with that term is that Lenin's term, I think it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, John Lennon, no v I Lenin. The problem with that term is that it's obviously quite insulting. It's not a good way to explain to someone that they maybe are being used for a purpose that they do not agree with.
Speaker 2: If you call them an idiot, you know, you make a good point.
Speaker 4: Let's go with useful morons instead useful halfwits. Now it's actually one of the better impulses in humankind, which is what I'm leading toward.
Speaker 2: It's long been known that all the.
Speaker 4: Intelligence agencies and governments of the world are interested in influencing people to believe certain things to support certain programs or certain governments. I mean that's obvious, right, Propaganda, the Hitler Youth to the malt Se tongue and his Red Guard, just all sorts of programs like that. And a guy who's been studying this his whole life. His name is a Jason Christoff, and he did a presentation recently that was hosted by Senator Ron Johnson, speaking of rock ribbed Conservatives.
Speaker 2: He explained how mind control.
Speaker 4: Is easy to execute because human beings are essentially walking psyops. He said he quote, he said, Mimetic programming, which is the process of having someone learn to imitate patterns and behaviors, is routinely used in Hollywood films and by powerful corporations and governments.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 4: Mind control works on the subconscious, and the subconscious is something that loves us and wants.
Speaker 2: To protect us.
Speaker 4: And it's in the realm of activity, similar to your heart beating. So there are things you understand as a human being that you're not in control of.
Speaker 2: They're instinctive.
Speaker 4: Your subconscious mind is always looking to establish what the bigger group of humans is doing, and so it is responsive to repetitive content. Simply put, people are always looking to learn what a larger group is doing and fit in, meaning that repeated messages can be enormously powerful. You know, obviously we're just talking about conformity here. All sales organizations know this, sure, quoting again from mister Christoff. The reason the subconscious does this is because it knows that most humans like other humans who act, talk and think like they do, and all the subconscious nuh, and all your subconscious know that it's safer to bond with a bigger group. To break this mind control technique down further, your subconscious automatically absorbs repetitive content and forces people to adopt ideas as their own. Your reptile brain is telling you you decided this on your own, to go along with the crowd, because, for whatever reason, that works better with humans.
Speaker 2: It's more adaptive. As they say in anthropology, that's why, for example, do any of my beliefs come from my own thinking? Or is this all just because I was surrounded by it?
Speaker 4: I think sometimes the best you can do is be intellectually honest and examine your beliefs and test them now and again and try the other ideas. But anyway, that's a great other topic.
Speaker 2: What time is it? Yeah, we're good, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: This is why, for example, at a party where there's a lot of alcohol being served and consumed, people can feel nervous saying no when offered a drink. Quote, if you dare say no in opposition of the most repetitive content, your nervous system will make you feel extremely uneasy and full of anxiety, and it will also reward you for going along with it, putting your neurology at peace and calm.
Speaker 3: In the feeling of calmness, that's wow. So there's more to peer pressure than meets the eye.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, it's not weakness, it's it's anthropologically adaptive. The problem is, you know, unless you're an alcoholic, you're gonna be fine having a drink, or unless somebody is trying to feed your roofy and rape you or something like that, you're fine Bill Cosby's house or oh right, exactly. In short, but if there is an insidious group bent on evil utilizing these truths intentionally and aggressively, you get an entire generation of young people walle looking around saying it's not wrong to have a man in a woman's sport, even though he whoops the hell out of the women and takes all the titles. It's not wrong to have a man in a women's prison because that man says he's a woman. They come up with an idea as ludicrous is that a man who says he's a woman is actually a woman.
Speaker 3: And then certainly things that are easier to go for. I won't say fall four like hearing about climate change every class you're ever in your whole life, right.
Speaker 4: Christoph actually touched on the COVID nineteen pandemic in the response, said, media let's push highly similar similar narratives to quote unquote control people, influencing them to stay at home. Mind control is the basis of all advertising, and the governments have been proven to be using the same group dynamic application against the public. He pointed to examples such as the UK's Behavioral Insights Team, informally known as the Nudge Unit.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of this?
Speaker 4: No, It's a former government organization run by a charity which uses behavioral insights to change people's behavior, for example, by changing messaging to make people more likely to pay.
Speaker 2: Their taxes on time. Wow.
Speaker 4: Christoff believes such tactics have been used to drive social changes for decades, with depictions of large nuclear families on screen diminishing since the nineteen fifties in favor of less conventional families with fewer children, among other things. And corporations use similar strategies.
Speaker 2: But we're running out of time. But you get the idea.
Speaker 4: And I've often said, you don't need to do what the culture is doing because a lot of that is designed by people who do not have your best interests in mind. So maybe the only great takeaway from this is if you find yourself wanting to conform, understand that that is your animal brain being used, often by evil people to try to get you to behave in a certain way.
Speaker 2: That's really interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Gerty The Armstrong and Getty Show, The arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: So my thirteen year old, and it matters what his age is. Apparently wanted to open a checking account at the bank or an account at the bank because he's got enough money built up from allowances and birthdays and Christmases, and he doesn't spend his money like his brother does. He saves it because he wants to be able to put it toward a car someday and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: So he's got a decent sized chunk.
Speaker 4: Of money added up over the years, and he'd been keeping it in a shoe box. And so he's going to open an account. And I remember when I opened an account when I was probably about his age. I started mowing lawns when I was twelve thirteen and accumulating money and opening a bank account on the passage.
Speaker 2: I remember it myself. On the way to the.
Speaker 3: Bank, I did say to him, I said, you know, I haven't I haven't been around the idea of opening an account for a bank in forty years something like that. So I don't know if the rules have changed, but so in case something happens, but anyway, we should we get it there sure enough. And so we're trying to open this account and everything like that. And first of all, many banks everything is I don't know if it's because the government comes down on them so hard or something like that. They treat everybody like you're a want to be terrorist, Like everything you do, it's like, jeez, lighten up. But anyway, he needs to have two forms of ID is where we ran into the roadblock.
Speaker 2: I said, what is a form of ID for a thirteen year old?
Speaker 3: He said, and they said, well, your Social Security card is birth certificate? Okay, great, So I said, the fact that I'm his dad isn't good enough. I can't vouch for the fact that he's my son. And I have an account here and have had for twenty five years and open an account for him. I can't do that, and no, we need to. And I said, is that a bank policy or the state law or what is that? Because I was thinking if it's a bank policy, I'll go to a different bank.
Speaker 2: But it's a federal law.
Speaker 3: It's part of the patriotch I said, oh, of course, And he said, well, it's a federal I said, you don't need to explain the federal government to me.
Speaker 2: And I hate the federal government, I said.
Speaker 3: And then the guy looked at me like I was Oh. He got wide eyed, like, oh, you're one of those people. You're Timothy McVeigh, You're you're you're one of those people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly I've heard about them.
Speaker 3: I said, I hate the federal government. The Patriot Act's ridiculous. This is ridiculous. The fact that I can't open a bank account for a thirteen year old, and as his parent, I got it. I gotta prove who he is because you can't take my word for the fact that he's my child, makes me child money laundering, little mule for your militia, whatever you want to call him. The Patriot Act was so much I was trying to explain it to her. He was so much crap that they jammed through. It's all because of nine to eleven. So you're gonna stop the next nine to eleven by making sure thirteen year olds don't open illegal bank accounts. I guess whatever, even though their parent, who you know, is sitting right there. I hate stuff like that, and the and the but they were there. Their eyes got so wide when I hate the said I hate the federal government. And I was thinking, if I was doing this same thing in my in my where I went to college in Hayes, Kansas, and I said I hate the federal government, the teller would have said, yeah, me too, don't.
Speaker 2: You high five Joe.
Speaker 3: Came end of that brother, But that just being oh my god, you shouldn't she said, oh she even she gasped the woman gasped, and her boss just looked at me white.
Speaker 2: I'd like, oh, we about to have a fight. Oh man, you have to have two pieces of id. Even though he's my kid. I just found that amazing.
Speaker 4: All right, here's here's the guy who retweets my quotes. Get ready to jot this one down and get it right?
Speaker 2: Would you?
Speaker 4: Anytime the government says there's an emergency, there are two emergencies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but actually exactly. And I actually told my son because he was oneonder. He was the like, is that something you can't say out loud? I said, I told him. The most revered Republican president of the last maybe century, Ronald Reagan, ran on the scariest words in the English language are I'm here from the I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you.
Speaker 4: I mean, he ran on, I hate the government, or I just saw clip this morning. The government isn't the solution. Government is the problem.
Speaker 3: And the woman who was typing furiously after I said that, because she was so horrified that anybody would say that, I said, you know, all the money in my account I made that by going on the radio every day and saying I hate the government.
Speaker 2: And I make my living.
Speaker 4: By the way, if the Justice Department is listening, or the FDIC, right, the CIA, the NSA, if I'm happy to testify against this monster, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure I'm on some sort of terrorist watch list now, yes, Michael.
Speaker 5: So wonder they didn't hit the silent alarm on you and then you know, cops show up or something.
Speaker 2: I would have been.
Speaker 3: I would have loved to talk to people and explain why it's okay for me to say I hate the government.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, We've got to surveill him for a while and go through his mail and monitor his phone calls. We've got the NSA working on it already.
Speaker 3: What I hate is the manager guy acting like it makes sense that we have a law that I can't vouch for my kid being my kid. That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Two forms of ID for a child right when their parents is there.
Speaker 2: How thought he says his name, Then I say his name? Is that two forms of ID? And if not, what the hell has the world becalled?
Speaker 1: I know Armstrong, the Armstrong and Yetti Show.
Speaker 2: I thought this was so interesting. Steven sent this along.
Speaker 4: Did the god fearing Founders of America arrive at the three branches of government from the Bible. This is from Isaiah thirty third chapter twenty fourth verse for Jehovah is our judge, Jehovah is our lawgiver. Jehovah is our king. He is the one who will save us. I see judicial, legislative, and executive right there in scripture. I think you know that reflects the ancient reality that when human beings associate, they need someone to make up the rules, then figure out how are we going to enforce these rules, and what if there's a disagreement. I think it's as simple as that. But yeah, it's interesting indeed that it goes way back to the Old Testament. That's right, sir, that's what we're talking about. Mail day. You can drop us a note at any time you like. Michael always a problem, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. This first email references the fact that today is indeed my birthday, not only that it is my sixtieth birthday. I know you're thinking, Joe, you seem so youthful and clever, that can't be true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Have you checked the math on it? I don't.
Speaker 4: Jack and I first connected in our mid twenties.
Speaker 2: We're twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that seems only remember like three things between then and now.
Speaker 2: Two of them were brothes of children.
Speaker 3: That's sorry to that seems like and I know, if you're forty, this seems weird maybe, or certainly if you're twenty five, that seems like six years ago.
Speaker 2: Yah, roughly seems like about six years ago. Yeah, it's crazy, it's nuts.
Speaker 4: And I've received a lot of well wishes, which is lovely and very very much appreciated. And it's funny. It's Tuesday, it's a work day. I've got my kids arriving in town this week, which is that big fun. That is awesome. Yeah, it is awesome, and I'm looking forward to reconnecting in various ways. My son and I. I picked them up at the airport, came a big hug, and then we philosophized the entire way home from the airport, which is what we do. My eldest of my youngest daughter and I spar and joke and kid each other.
Speaker 2: And so it's it's just fun reconnecting. It's been great.
Speaker 5: But happy birthday, Joe, thank you, Michael, appreciate it. Play Hanson and Katie, you'll get you something. And as to the whole you know.
Speaker 2: I don't need anything.
Speaker 4: As to the old sixty thing, which seems like such a milestone, you know, It's funny. I was so miserable like a year ago because of my back problems, and I feel so much better now. I feel like I'm d aging or something. I'm not, Lord knows, but so I don't feel old. I feel younger than I used to.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I just let's let's just keep doing what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Let's just have fun, Let's do the shows, play some golf, let's enjoy.
Speaker 2: A nice glass of wide. Just as opposed to not big on milestone, as opposed to what lay down in front of a train, I mean, is that the other option?
Speaker 4: Or well, no, no, no, I'm just I've never been huge about milestones.
Speaker 2: It's like when I graduated from college, I was like, all right, what's next. I just didn't weep.
Speaker 4: And and maybe I lack the ability to reflect properly on things as they pass, but certainly when my kids moved out, that was a big thing. I'm like, yeah, okay, thanks great, let's let's get on with life.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: So This is from David Reno, with whom I apparently share a birthday. In fact, here are some other famous people that we share a birthday with. I was aware of some of these people, not all of them. Jeb Bush, I'm sorry, that's Jeb with an exclamation point. Sarah Palin, Oh lipstick? How old a shoe? You?
Speaker 2: Jones? You guys are probably about the same age, aren't you. You and Sarah Palin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we could date. But just gonna remind you toy that now and again, Sarah Palin, we got a connection anyway. Alex Jones, Oh great, Thomas Edison, what order is this?
Speaker 2: This is a good list. You've got good in a way, Alex Jones. Well, sharing sharing.
Speaker 3: Day with a big with your birthday with other people. Thomas Edison, that's a big one.
Speaker 2: That is a big one.
Speaker 4: Although you know, my great, Well, I'll finish some of the lists your moms. It is, I know, just always in a hurry, and I'll explain that in a moment. But Leslie Nielson, the great Burt Reynolds, Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 2: And other people who don't matter.
Speaker 4: But I've always been resentful that I was one day short of sharing birthday with my great hero Abraham Lincoln, which had been said, I get Burt Renolds traded the beard for the mustache.
Speaker 2: I guess what are you gonna do it?
Speaker 4: Moving along, moving along with mailbagging the question of the Democrats going crazy and j T read an interesting Victor Davis Hansen piece about that, But to put it bluntly, the left has abandoned this common sense approach of finding middle ground working together. Ever since Trump came down that escalator, they've abandoned any effort to seek common ground. The result is what VDH writes about in his article anti Americanism, anti rule of law, anti equality and favor of equal outcomes, and even anti reality. If Trump was for opening schools based on the science, they were against it. When Trump wants to control the border, they want to leave it wide open. When Trump wants to apport it legal aliens guilty of terrible crimes, they want to fight to keep murders, rapists, and gang members in the country. When Trump wants to save tax pairs, billions or trillions of wasteful government spending dollars, they want to fight for the wasteful government spending. There is no common ground to be found in a party that's held bent on opposing everything Trump wants to do.
Speaker 2: It's it's a bizarre sort of politics, dumb.
Speaker 3: I like your strategy of I would hang back and wait for something to go wrong, because inevitably will on the world stage, domestically something, and then take your shot to the trying to turn what's going in right now into something bad. You ain't gonna do it. There's too much public support. I felt like there was a different tone on the evening newscasts last night, and I blame Slash credit it to that CBS poll that came out Sunday with Trump having a fifty three percent approval rating. I felt like I could hear at fifty three percent approval rating in David Muir's voice as they were covering Trump yesterday at the beginning of the evening newscast, much more treating him like a regular president. I mean, maybe he has a point sort of tone. I mean, maybe I'm making that up, but I really feel like that, And oh no, I guess shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: They should be.
Speaker 3: There should have been somebody in that news director meeting and all of those newscasts saying, hey, look people, he's got a fifty three percent approval rating after all of this craziness has happened. So maybe other people don't think it's as crazy as we do. Maybe we ought to look at it slightly different. I mean, they'd be nuts up they weren't doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't have any great admiration for politicians brains and wisdom and the rest of them. I think most of them are hacks and green heads. But I would think they would at least perceive a what you just said and be that the frantic the sky is falling. He's a Russian agent. He's going to kill millions of people with COVID. I don't trust his vaccine. Now that it's our vaccine. Jab it into yourself, whether you like it or not. I mean the systematic. He wants the borders closed, to open up the borders led rapists, and having seen how miserably all that failed. I would think they would at least say, hey, let's talk about this for a couple of weeks and figure out what to do. But instead there I mean, full speed ahead, that moron Maxine Waters screeching as security guards at the Department of Energy and Chuck Schumer bellowing, we will fight in the streets.
Speaker 2: What are you going to fight in the streets exactly? Anyway.
Speaker 4: Uh, we're kind of getting off on a tangent away from mailbag, which is fine. A number of people have sent the screenshot. House votes on the Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act Republicans two hundred and sixteen to nothing, yay, with two Democrat votes joining them. But Democrats were two six to two against protecting girls, and Screet didn't know that well in the caption, is imagine being the party that accuses the other party of hating women, then voting against women the hypocrisy's breadth. Wow, they're so scared of the nutty left that they were that uniform and being against that. My wait a minute, bone is a hummin. I want to check those numbers to verify them. Don't take that to the bank, Okay, yeah, because that strikes me. I've received it from a bunch of people. It's says it appears to be a screen capture from Fox News, but it's easy to make things appear to be something they're not.
Speaker 2: Definitely, that'll do for now, sprinkling some more or later.
Speaker 3: Copper is already up two and a half percent. This was yesterday. I haven't looked today because of the announcement of ending the penny. That's almost fifteen percent so far this year, and it's early February. So the return on keeping pennies in a jar is beating interest earned by keeping cash in the bank currently, at least for pennies.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have chucked them away all these years. What you actually throw them away? Oh? Yeah, yeah, not just leave them? Well, no, no, no offense. And I would call the phel good lord, I know it's your birthleven. Next, I can't have you destroying currency. Yeah no, I just leave them places for people to find them.
Speaker 2: Well, that's nice.
Speaker 4: I'll leave them on counters or whatever. I can't tell if that's nice or just like super the opposite. Here's a penny to the proletariat. I hope they have a good day. I left them with plenty.
Speaker 2: I don't address them to their face like that.
Speaker 4: I just leave it and fellow oligarchs like me will pass it by, say I'm not picking up that filthy piece of coffee.
Speaker 2: What the poorm?
Speaker 3: I'd appreciate my all. I feel like that's the way. Then we'll take a break for Katie's headlines. I've said for years that's the way they should judge whether or not we should keep currency. Get one hundred random people. Maybe do it at an airport or bus station or something like that. You leave a penny on the ground and nickel the ground on the dime on the ground, what percentage of people bend over to pick it up. Almost nobody's gonna bend over to pick up a penny, which is proof that it is worthless.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the nickel.
Speaker 3: Almost everybody I think would pick up the dime, but nickel, I I'm not exactly sure. You your sour on the nickel. I still think a nickel is something. But practically nobody's gonna bend over to pick up a penny, which I think is I don't think I have spent twenty seven hours in the last year with any change in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Well no, no, if you're under the age of forty, you don't.
Speaker 3: You haven't spent an hour with any money in your pocket at all in the last year. Younger people, I know, just the idea of having money in your pocket seems insane. Why would you do that? Hmm, Yes, Katie.
Speaker 6: Another big indicator are the numerous shops on Etsy of people drilling holes in pennies and tournament to the keychains.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, when any jewelry everywhere? Oh really yeah, when that's happening, your currency is no longer. How did it take till now for Trump to say, nobody, we don't need the penny?
Speaker 2: What's that? Weird? Clinging to what is saddest quote?
Speaker 4: Whether it's a government program, the schools or whatever. We just were terrified by the idea of re examining things and asking the only question that matters is this working?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: But then we adopt as a country or get scared into adopting all of a sudden, dudes can participate in girls' sports and there's no such thing as men's and women's restrooms.
Speaker 2: I mean, so how does that sweep the nation?
Speaker 3: At the same time, we're unwilling to, you know, do away with the time change that we all hate, or the penny which is worthless.
Speaker 4: It's bullying, That's how bullying, I guess, and bi radicals, The.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah more John R. Joe podcasts and our hot links The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Jack, I've discovered what I believe to be the We Shall Overcome of twenty twenty five, the we are the world of the twenty first century.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you which signe are you on?
Speaker 1: Which side? Are you on?
Speaker 2: Which side?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: All side?
Speaker 2: Are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 7: We're a fighter against Joe will fight me.
Speaker 2: Now wait, Lanscap, Then our walls will fight from don to dusk.
Speaker 7: Which side are you?
Speaker 2: Where shide are you?
Speaker 4: I'm on whichever side? I'm sure I never have to hear this song again. Play it, Michael, play it, damn it.
Speaker 2: Try somebody till you turn it off. For unions.
Speaker 7: He wants us to face, he wants to bow to him, but we want him in jail.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Wow.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't forget who wrote this or said this, and I thought it was really good. One of the problems we got going on in America is we we had this period in the sixties where there was a whole bunch of late fifties mid sixties particularly where we had all kinds of this sort of thing songs and protests and you know, the look at the Bob Dylan movie and the Civil Rights Act and all these different sorts of things where there was like a real major issue to be dealt with, and and people rallied around and there was a which side where you're on?
Speaker 2: And people it was righteous? It was righteous, and.
Speaker 3: People want to relive that all the time, even if that issue doesn't exist right now. And you can't like put that level of intensity on dog. He's trying to cut spending by a few percent and shrink the government.
Speaker 2: Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: Which side?
Speaker 2: Thanks for asking you.
Speaker 8: It's not the moral question of our times, as you exactly as you point out, it's just so nakedly a strategy of we've got to change the these incremental cuts that aren't nearly enough to have bloated federal workforce into the civil rights issue of our day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck with that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you want to talk about trying to make a silk person out of a sow's ear, that's like a silk person out of the pig's crap.
Speaker 3: Never mind it's ear. This it's not gonna work. The singing the lyrics was that a Saturday night live bit. Good lord, don't.
Speaker 1: Take that government by translives workers having got a chance unless the organized.
Speaker 4: No pretending that the union is standing up for goodness and righteousness, when indeed they're just standing up for continuing to have way too many workers paying way too many dues to enrich themselves.
Speaker 2: Hi, we're onto you, friends.
Speaker 3: I sure hope I'm right about this, and I think, but the vast majority of America doesn't look at government jobs as sacro sagged protected by all that is good. They should never go away under any circumstances the way they think we do well. They have managed to jam through every bit of wasteful spending and redundant taxation and similar stuff for years and years.
Speaker 4: And we're most familiar with California. But by always it's the teachers and the firefighters. If there are any cuts, it's gonna you know, the firefighters are gonna have to fight fires with Dixie cups full of water. And the teachers, well, they're just going to be in prison, apparently, if we don't.
Speaker 2: Pass this tax increase, well, now it's extended.
Speaker 4: Like all government workers who are sacrosanct and sacred and so valuable to society, we dare not question them for a minute.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The great civil rights issue of our day is making sure, mid level government employees who do something that you can't even tell what it.
Speaker 4: Is don't lose their jobs, all right, no matter how unnecessary their jobs are.
Speaker 3: Right, And there's also the issue in that I don't think Elon's been hammering this enough, although he has many times in his Twitter threats. There are important jobs and important agencies that are gonna have to go away if you don't have enough money. It's like, if you're broke, you really really want to do this or that, but you can't.
Speaker 4: You just flat don't have the money. Katie Green, What what should we know about what we're about to play?
Speaker 6: So I was scrolling through TikTok and this popped up on my for you page, and the visual of this, it's a woman filming it. Her husband is driving and he has headphones in and she's clearly talking at him, but he cannot hear her.
Speaker 9: And this is how it goes down.
Speaker 7: He thinks I talk too much. I can't get a word in edge wise when I'm talking to my girls. But we're on a road trip in a confined space, and he's got your buds in listening to arms. Try and go yeah.
Speaker 2: A good man, Yeah, he can't.
Speaker 6: He says, he can't get a word in edgewise, and he's sitting there. He doesn't hear a thing she's saying because he's listening to you guys.
Speaker 2: That's funny. We made TikTok.
Speaker 4: I hope Shehijin Ping doesn't purge that clip because it mentions the flaming anti communists Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: I so you have TikTok on your phone? Yeah? How much do you enjoy it?
Speaker 6: It's it's okay. I mean the algorithms definitely. It catches my attention, but I try to, you know, not use it as much because the China thing.
Speaker 3: I wish I could do it. I mean I would like to. I would like to, but I'm not going to.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of obnoxious crap on there.
Speaker 6: But somehow that algorithm put that video on my phone yesterday.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Don't trust China. So it knows where you work it probably, or just knows what radio show has beloved Coast to coast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or it hears it through my phone when I'm on with you guys every day.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure, but I thought that was hilarious.
Speaker 2: That is funny. Bring him back. He's not fat. That's a good chance.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show