Speaker 1: Welcome back to another edition of the Fridagg Podcast. Today's episode is brought to you by our friends over at B Dratty. B Dratty just released their Draty Sport line of performance polos, which are unlike any performance polo you have ever worn. There are butterysoft, ultra lightweight and look like cotton. Previously only available at the nation's top golf courses, you can now shop the Drattysport at bdratty dot com and receive twenty five percent off with our exclusive discount code TFE twenty five. These are awesome shirts. I love the Dratty cotton. The Dratty Sport is a great addition for those hot, muggy days. We also have some available in the Fridagg Shop. Also, if you're looking for a fried egg, Draty Sport and Navy, go to bdratty dot com. They've got all the colors, all the styles there and get twenty five percent off with our discount code TFE twenty five. Today's episode is with golf course architect shaper extraordinaire yaeger Kovich. Yeager has been on the pod previously last fall. He was on in November We talked a lot about his career. I recommend listening to that if you have not listened to it yet. That gets much more into his backstory. Some interesting stuff in those podcasts. I think there are two of them actually this episode, we just I wanted to get them on to talk about Ironom INNK, the site of this week's Women's PGA Championship. It is a Donald Ross course in Philadelphia. Yeager was on the crew from Hans Design, Gil Hanson Jim Wagner who did a wonderful restoration of Ironom Inc. We have a video that is premiering on YouTube on Tuesday night worth checking out.
Speaker 2: That goes that should be.
Speaker 1: A nice accompaniment to this conversation with some beautiful visuals from Aronomy, you know drone footage and Gilhan's commentary on that. And one other quick note. If you don't yet, be sure to sign up for our newsletter. It's free, It's three days a week, and it's the easiest way to stay up to date with all the happenings in golf, as well as all of the content that we are putting out there with. Will does a wonderful job writing the newsletter, and then you stay up to date.
Speaker 2: You'll never miss a pod.
Speaker 1: From Me or Garrett, or a video or articles from Will and you'll know what's you'll be a smarter golf fan.
Speaker 2: So sign up for the newsletter.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is go over to the Frida egg dot com and there is a sign up form right there, without further ado, here is Jaeger Kovich. I miss a green, for example, I'm already upset when I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset. And when I find my ball in a Frida egg, Frida egg, Frida egg, Frida egg, Frida, fridagg bride egg, Lie, I'm about ready to run off with the So you were you were associate a shaper at Aeronomy during the restoration.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was there most every day working for Gil and Jim and they were, you know.
Speaker 3: A big part of it as well.
Speaker 4: They were there doing a lot of the shaping and dozing and excavating right alongside. And I was just lucky to be there every day helping out as well and working with John Goswin, the outstanding superintendent, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, keeping an eye on the contractor as well. It was great. It was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Now what So when you're in that type of role, what what are you doing day to day?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: You know, obviously you're you're not, you know, the architect in charge, but you're there every day, which you know Jim and Gill aren't always there every day, but you know they're there a lot.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you know, especially with uh, you know gilbilling down the street in Alverne, he got to spend quite a bit of extra time there, which is pretty cool. You know, getting the sleep in your own bed is is pretty neat. Then get the work at a place closed this, I mean that was that was pretty awesome. So he was, they were, they were around a lot, but you know, most every day kind of started with going into the shop every morning looking at the aerial photographs we had for and plans and everything for each of the kind of we were working in generally one to three whole sort of increments at a time, just the way the sort of construction process works. So you know, I'd be going in there and double checking and taking photos with the cell phone of like exact clusters of bunkers and grass lines and sort of gathering every little bit of information in detail we could about whatever holes we were working on at the time, and then most of the rest of the day would be spent in the field in the next veador, bulldozer, or helping with checking in on the contractors, setting up the next rounded demo, shaping bunkers, painting grass lines, you know, kind of everything.
Speaker 1: So the cluster, the bunker clusters are going to be something that is really easy for people to see at Aronominka and probably the defining characteristic, I would say the golf course. It's probably something that most casual golfers would walk away with they like those bunkers.
Speaker 3: Is there bunker city I like to call it. Yes.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any any ross course with that type of bunker features before? And if you haven't seen any ross courses, are there any other Golden Age courses that you'd compare to the you know, sheer amount and style of bunkers?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Sure, so yeah, there there are other ross courses that have a very sort of similar style. You know. I think, you know, one of the interesting things I guess about aronom Ink and for some of your audiences that the style of bunker that was built and that is seen in all the aerial photos is different from what was originally drawn in the plans and the field sketches right, So there is a difference of what was drawn versus what was executed in the field, and a lot of that is generally attributed to Ross's associate JB. McGovern who lived in the area and did some other work that has a very sort of similar style as well.
Speaker 3: So you can see that at Jeffersonville is.
Speaker 4: A publicly accessible course in Philly not too far away that has a very similar style. You know, there's little bits and pieces of it at a lot of different Ross courses. You could see there is a you know, it's funny. I discovered about a year or so ago that there was a Ross and McGovern ld renovation in Philly at a at another course called Cedar Brook, and all of a sudden they got they the course was transformed formed from big sort of ovular oval shapes into these crazy puzzle pieces.
Speaker 3: They almost look like sort.
Speaker 4: Of teeth sometimes with all the little tails and sort of moo like shapes, all these little little bits of fingers and and a lot of sort of clusters ranging from two three five. It seems like, you know, I always find you know, what they say with planting trees. Sometimes odd numbers work best. So there's there's a few right there. I think you probably see some of it at Oakwin Hills too, you've spent some time up there.
Speaker 1: Those ones are a little bit bigger, they're they're like almost like flashed face. They're much different than it's it's interesting that with Ross, And do you think it's because of the associates and the fact that he wasn't on site as but you know, he worked more like a modern architect. Do you think it's that's why we see such a variety in styles of bunkers at different Ross courses.
Speaker 3: I think so, you know, I think what's happened a lot too, is we've sort of.
Speaker 4: Fantasized a lot about this this like and talked about the like the sort of typical sort of Ross style, right but you know, as Gil will tell you there, there really is no typical Ross style. So that again sort of goes to the point like you were talking about before, is you know why it's so important to have the aerial photos so you can put back like exactly what was there. But yes, so you know there's no typical Ross turtleback greens like you see at Pinehurst everywhere, right, those are those are pretty close to a one off, but they're very very unique. You know, the greens you see at Aeronomy and are much more sort of flowing, sort of potato chip like putting surfaces that you see here. You see some similar ones at like Mountain Ridge or Worcester Harbor's uh probably Glenn's Falls. I've seen some awesome photos of that place, but they don't really look like uh.
Speaker 3: Piner's number two. They're so.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, the typical thing as something that that really gets sort of there's you know, this sort of cookie cutter thing is is not really represent representative of his full body of work. You know, he worked at four hundred different places with various associates. His career transformed, right, I mean the the stuff up in Boston, like he got off a boat and walk or walked miles to his you know, his first jobs. I think you know, by the time he was he was living most of the time that he was down in Pinehurst and traveling the entire country. I mean, he was a much different person. And you know, styles and evolve, right, We've seen that with just every everybody, Right, the more chances he get and the more time he spent on site, and then he built an entire business. Right was a guy that was making clubs and doing golf courses on the side, and he basically was like, you know, the biggest biggest name in golf.
Speaker 3: By the time he passed, right, it was the biggest price right exactly. That's pretty wild.
Speaker 4: So you know, how could they all be exactly sort of the same.
Speaker 3: It's just sort of impossible.
Speaker 4: But that's you know, they're all they have some similarities, right, You always see like excellent routings, The routings are really really really he was, you know, I think you know, that's probably his best or sort of most underrated skill, and that's why so many of his courses turned out so good. And then the more time you spend and the more experts you leave on site to worry about the details, the better and the better and the better they get from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that the routing and aronomics stood out to me.
Speaker 1: I thought that it was pretty brilliant because I don't think you know, Philly's got these really intense sites that have these you know, it's almost like very muscular sites like where they have these landforms that just like kind of you know, move in and out and they're just you know, they're like almost not jagged there. I wouldn't say they're severe, but they're on the places. Yeah, they're on places.
Speaker 4: They're like mix of sort of like this kind of farmy feel, and then a lot of them have these like super deep creeks that have kind of formed in the area, and they kind of all have some of more heavy soils. And then there's a handful of with these like crazy quarries, and you know, not too far are from where a lot of these golf courses is Valley Forge, right, and that's where like half the golf courses in the the East Coast are buying sand from these these hits not too far away. So you know, there's a lot of different things going on, and some are a little bit more so in farm length than others. Others can be a little sort of tighter and more neighborhood ye and have more you know, these sort of waterways and stuff like that. But it's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like Irono Minks was more on the subtle side in terms of compared to most in Philly, But I thought he really it's a big property, but it's so it's so the golf feels so inpact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, it's huge.
Speaker 4: It's huge enough where you can have all the infrastructure needed for a gigantic tournament and it you know, it's not it fills the space nicely, right, there's not you know, there's there's a decent amount of maintained rough out there, but there's a good amount of trees. It's not entirely trueless. There's you know, some pretty steep hills. There's there's a lot going on. It's not cramped, but it's not just fast acres in between the holes either. You know, it's interesting. So there was originally planned to be an extra nine holes. I don't know if it was a you know, clearly it turned out to be a full eighteen hole course, but you know, would it have been a twenty seven seamless It was numbered like when A it had letters associated to the other nine, so maybe sort of a sort of a secondary routing.
Speaker 3: But so it's it's huge.
Speaker 4: You know, you could probably recover about five or six of those holes off in the woods if you if you wanted to someday.
Speaker 2: Are did those holes ever get built?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: There was one hole that mostly at least got completed. I don't I've never seen a photo of it with grass on it, but I think it would have been the ninth hole in that course, which runs right next to eighteen on the current golf course, and through the short game area there was at least shaped at one point, maybe a practice hole or something.
Speaker 1: With you spending so much time on site, what was I always think, you know, you pick up more and more stuff, and what was like one little thing that just wowed you that you might have recognized a few months into the project.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I think it probably wasn't even a few months. It was probably within the first two or three holes. I think one of the really cool moments was working with Jim Wagner out there, and he was really really good at sort of teaching me different ways to sort of Vic's. You know, we're rebuilding all of the bunkers and restoring them to all the same locations that they were originally in and doing a super accurate job with that. But you know, I think what makes you know, we set some restoration work apart from the others is sort of helping things, you know, feel really old, even.
Speaker 3: Though everything.
Speaker 4: Is new, and so he was really good about helping me find little details in the shaping about, you know, doing things like, you know, we just spent all this time. Say you're on a green side bunker removing all years and years and years of sand splash. But some of the sand splash is what kind of makes you know, extra sort of waves and contours and bulges and some of the bunkers. So you know, it's kind of it makes it look like it's been used, and so you know, you can take all the sort of new materials and pack it in nice and sort of help it sort of get back to that same shape, and then do other things like you know, maybe you know, you just sort of tell yourself a little bit of a story in your mind as you're working. You know, maybe you know people have been walking in through these one or two little places in the bunkers where you know, it kind of seems to make sense wherever you are, and then doing things to sort of exaggerate how you know, maybe people beat this one or two little channels down into sort of the shaping, and you know, little other things like like if everybody's hitting out of the same one or two places maybe those get a little bit higher over time or something like that, and you just try to add that last little kind of five or ten percent in the detailing. And that's I think what sort of takes it from some of that sort of even that sort of typical kind of feeling like we talked before, to something that's really really really feels all kind of as soon as as soon as you can given that, you know, you're putting brand new sand, brand new sad, doing all sorts of different riders and things like that into it. So it's you know, a very sort of straight process. You're going from A to B in exactly what the photos show you. But if you can do some of these other little tricks to help it age and be really really efficient, you know, those are the types of things you learn working from working with Jim especially, he's the best at that.
Speaker 1: I like restorations that try and make it look old like I mean, one of the I thought the cool things about the wing foot restoration was that they use the same grass on the greens, like you didn't get brand new grass on the greens. Like it gives it a little bit of you know, it's you're restoring it and trying to restore it back to nineteen twenty eight and an Irono mans case. So you should want it to come out of it, out of the restoration and look at you know, there are things you can't avoid, like obviously like you the same, but.
Speaker 4: Sure, but you know, but even with the sand, if you look at the little sort of mounds with sandy pits that are on the side.
Speaker 2: Of ten, yeah, is different thing.
Speaker 3: So John Goslin was really good.
Speaker 4: You know, that's not exactly the same bunker stand that's in the rest of the bunkers. You know, he really spent you know, we we tried to do some things over there that would really make it, you know, a little bit dirtier, a little bit uh more scruffy. It doesn't have all the liners or the drainage or stuff like that. It's it's a little bit different. And uh yeah, he loves it exactly and he's he's been working on the finding the right balance over there for for years.
Speaker 3: He's you know, he's sort of very very sort.
Speaker 4: Of old school with that, and he the tees also are something that I think will kind of help it feel old, right, You're not going to feel like you're playing on you know, five different sets of these perfectly squared edge tees, all going highest at the back down to you know the member tees and forward and you know such and such. They're these super cool, uh free form teas. Then that's really as you can see in the areas, it looks like there's a second set of greens.
Speaker 3: There, and that's that's. Uh, those are the t's which are pretty wild.
Speaker 4: So you know, hopefully I don't know if they're going to let your your blimp or you're drone up there for some some aerial views this week, but if you'll be wondering what those extra extra teas are or extra greens.
Speaker 1: But the freeform t's are like an in vogue thing in architecture now. But even in twenty eight that wasn't a widely used feature, right, I.
Speaker 4: Think, uh, you know, you didn't really see them. You know, most people draw them as rectangles even back then. But I think every once in a while, uh, it certainly happened, you know, certainly you see more of the like connected stuff from my greens into teas where it just was a little bit easier.
Speaker 3: To turn stuff back then.
Speaker 4: But you know, there's there's a few in the area too. You know, Marian was pretty famous for for some of that as well, so you know maybe uh that inspired a little bit over aeronomy back then too.
Speaker 3: Who knows what?
Speaker 1: Uh you worked grounds during the BMW a couple of years ago, didn't you help out?
Speaker 4: I did a ridgewood the two weeks prior, actually, Uh.
Speaker 3: I spent I spent some time with John and the guys over there.
Speaker 4: I mostly just bringing them beer for for making all the work look good. Uh. You know those those guys are you know you don't want me mowing. I'm much better with the big yellow stuff. I uh, you know you don't want me trying to.
Speaker 3: I'll just mess the stuff up.
Speaker 2: The smaller the machine, the worse you got.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can rate breaking would be good?
Speaker 2: What uh?
Speaker 1: In terms of that that championship, obviously you spent a lot of time there, the conditions weren't ideal. What what would you be looking for? The weather looks great this week with the with the women. What are you particularly keen to watch with the women's game? At aeronomy, the.
Speaker 4: Biggest thing is going to be the lower trajectory shots that are bouncing into what should be pretty firm greens here. We've had pretty good weather, you know, basically through the US Open at at Wingfoot, so it you know, we've got a couple of little days of rain here or there, but nothing super terrible at least since that that big tropical storm went through a couples ago that did a lot of damage in the area. But I think it's going to be the ladies that play the lower shots and watching, you know, how they react on the really cool sort of potato chip like greens, and how they can use some of the slopes to feedballs closer. You know, if they put the pin on the back right of three or twelve, you can hit it if you know, use the central sort of spines on these things and feed them to the corners. You know, that's something we definitely didn't see when the guys were hitting it. You know, three ten carries plugging, cleaning the ball and just hitting pitching wedge, you know, to write at it. So hopefully, hopefully the course shows off a little bit better like that, because that's how you know, it was designed. It was designed for the members, and that's it was restored as authentic as possible so the members could enjoy that. You know, super authentic russ, you know, fast firm, you know of course that you know, I can't I can't imagine hitting the wedge into fifteen in that semi punch bowl like thing. But if some of the you know, ladies are kind of more like me hitting a sort of a longer iron or something like that in there, you can kind of sling it in over the bunker on the right and see how far back you can chase it, you know.
Speaker 1: So what are a few other holes you mentioned three and twelve, What are a few other holes that you.
Speaker 2: Are your favorites out there?
Speaker 4: The two, seven, and eleven trio kind of all in a row over there on probably the most extreme portion of the property. It's not really a surprise that Ross routed three greens on, you know, the best feature and then play the three holes directly right back off of it, and he kept coming back to it. So a pretty kind of cool Golden Age sort of routing characteristic there. And then two's got the really cool sort of skyline green effect going. It's a shorter part four with a pretty kind of wild green and some massive, massive bunkers off the tee, which is certainly a nice Welcome to bunker City, as I went to call it. You know, seven is not quite as heavily bunkered as most of the rest of the holes, but it it's again another sort of shorter part for with the fairway just running straight, you know, kind of away from you, so you kind of have to pick a position and figure out where you want to play from and then uh, you kind of flick a pitch up onto like a perch perch green. It's again sort of hanging on the horizon there.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Be a proper Friday egg pot if we didn't tell Johnny's got to get back there and cut the cut the large trees down behind some of those and clear them out a little bit more.
Speaker 1: And I was surprised flying around. I was like, God, what are these trees doing here?
Speaker 4: You know, I've been bugging bugging them for you know, John guilt for years about that stuff.
Speaker 3: But you know that's why.
Speaker 4: You know, they're the.
Speaker 3: Architect and I was.
Speaker 4: I was just the sort of shaper on that on that project, but you know that's how it goes.
Speaker 3: And then eleven, which is you know, right right.
Speaker 4: Again next to those holes, is the hole with the most bunkers on the course. It's definitely the most I think probably visually appealing. I think most people would agree with that. And it's got twenty bunkers on it. It's got a very very very severe green where we tried to you know, increase two of the you know, pin positions on it and the front left and the front right actually to try to give them another place or two to put the hole. And you know, it's funny, it's the most bunkered hole out there. And there's still two more missing from the nineteen twenty nine photo that we based everything off of, which pretty wild. There was another one further up on the hillside behind and on the cluster on the right approach there is a fifth, but that's right where a sort of cart maintenance path is kind of where the so you kind of couldn't restore that one and you block out all the access. So but you know, we kind of shaped in like a kind of ghosty depression in there as well. So, uh, it was, it was definitely there, and you just kind of have like a little ghost feature for it, if you know, every one day when the hover hover mowtors and stuff like that, are you know, flying around the GPS mowers and you don't need the don't need any more car.
Speaker 1: Pass Yeah, that's uh, you probably still need them for wet days, fair enough. You always needed the cart paths for those for the wet days. Unless you're on sand, well.
Speaker 4: There's no there's no real car pass out there. There's there's only little maintenancee trails and some turnarounds and stuff. So you know the back to the future version of golf course maddance.
Speaker 1: Mate, Yeah, that you hit on a couple of holes of like fifteen and seven are so deep.
Speaker 2: I think I compare.
Speaker 1: The the property to like a bathroom sink. I feel like you're either pretty neat playing on a counter top like along it, or then you're plunging in or coming out. But then there are a few holes that play along the bowl of the sink which are I mean, like seven is a perfect example where like there's no way you can get flat lies there. And then I think what will be neat with the course playing firmer is we're going to actually see the balls propel off the fairway, like where if you don't hit if it's canting right to left, if you don't hit it on the right half of the fairway, You're probably not going to find the fairway.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 4: So you know, the one thing I look to see is it's very wide, there's no doubt. So I'll be curious to see how many of the fairways the ladies do miss, because they are very very very accurate as well. So we'll see if the full firmness and you know, the full sort of strategy of laying these things on the ground and uh, you know, making some money uneven lies and a few of these holes along your your rim there. Uh, if it works out, you know, they're they're not going to miss the fairly on nine, that thing is uh super wide. Uh, They're they're probably not, you know, so we'll see, you know, I'll be curious to see where they how they hit it over six. You know, the guys really just annihilated the strategy on like a whole like six, carrying it so far over the bunkers that you know were once thought like they were going to be in play, and they were, you know, mostly in afterthoughts. So I'll be curious to see where they have the ladies playing from on on a hole like that, And if they have to deal with the cluster for crossbunkers like I do.
Speaker 1: Yes, the they I think one of the things we might see is them being able to play the angles because of the width, and then how accurate they are, right okay where men men. We don't necessarily see that because they you know, they don't need them as much at a course that they can just overpower, but be you know, they oh, well that that it has it going with the driver, I mean they can fit it into some tight windows, you.
Speaker 4: Know, right, So we'll see where they hit it on thirteen where you know, it's got an interesting sort of layup component again with cluster bunkers right in the in the kind of general landing zone at least previously conceived. And then it's got a pretty wild green that can cause probably the most three putts on the course, at least if you were looking at shot link data from like the old at and t's there, and that's another one that's kind of along the rim of the property.
Speaker 3: You know, I what other good ones for those? You know, we'll see where they hit it on two as well.
Speaker 4: Do they try to hit it over the bunkers, did they play all the way out to the right edge and then.
Speaker 2: It could change day to day depending on the pin.
Speaker 3: It was interesting.
Speaker 4: I my understanding was previous to the BMW, it was nine was like only reachable for like two guys in the tournament. Prior it was like Dustin Johnson and Tiger or something like that were like the only two people in the field to reach it. But even in the after teas went back and back as far as you could. And they've kind of cool shared combo teas with seventeen over there, which is pretty neat.
Speaker 3: We'll see how they set that one up to.
Speaker 4: But you know, the wadies don't have to go all the way back there for nine, there's no doubt. But we'll see if it's it's it's reachable in two for them, or if it's a full three shot part three going up the hill. You know, when Ian Poulter is easily getting there in two At the last BMW, it was I mean.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, you just put your.
Speaker 4: Hand on We don't know.
Speaker 1: What do you as a young architect, you know, depending on what happens with distance, what are you what do you think about just everything going on? I mean we're ten years from now when you might be designing your own courses.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it was certainly interesting to see.
Speaker 4: You know, we thought you were going pretty far back for a lot of these holes are about as far back as you could on a lot of them, and they had a decent number, you know, it was not like we didn't know it was coming.
Speaker 3: And they carried them by ten.
Speaker 4: It seemed like overnight and a change from the previous thought. So, you know, I do kind of you know, I'm well, if you just made them all six thousand yards and then it would negate right, Brison could drive everything, but it would be with a iron where you know, someone like me could even drive it with the drive, you know, so I would even out. I don't know, then it doesn't it takes the importance off of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that, because if you the distance gains importance the longer it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the shorter is.
Speaker 1: It's still an advantage, but it's not overwhelming. It's not an overwhelming advantage. Yeah, because if.
Speaker 4: I have the guy that can still get at the closest, not the furthest sort of.
Speaker 1: The advantage of being fifty yards away versus one hundred yards away is much smaller than the advantage of being one fifty.
Speaker 2: Versus two hundred.
Speaker 3: Yep, I get it.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, that's that'll be a fun thing to watch with with the women. This week too is like how far do you push up because you know you can't get as much spin on certain shots with these, you know, or you get more spinning. It'll be this week's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a fun watch. I think that's one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: My most excited term is when the schedule came out this year and then Reed came out. I was just happy to playing this week and perfect time we play in Philly, way better than if it was in the middle of the summer like it was supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, it's exciting.
Speaker 4: Maybe you get a little bit of colors in the leaves should be nice and firm, and uh, you know it's school. They're coming off two ross courses in a row. They were just at the Cbu Bay as well.
Speaker 1: It's pretty neat better, better time to play there for sure than the middle of summer.
Speaker 4: That's winter golf. I go there in the winter for that one. But West Buggy is perfect, No, it's great. So you know, they looked like they were playing from pretty far back on a fel of those holes, so we'll see how you.
Speaker 3: Set it up.
Speaker 1: Are what are your favorite places for winter golf in uh? In Atlantic City as a as a Jersey guy.
Speaker 4: That one's up there and that's it's pretty far right. That's Atlantic City. Atlantic City Country Club is always up there as well. You know that was historically one of the great places to play in the winter. You've got all sorts of famous characters from golf history that we went down there to play. Great Bay is at cool Willie Park Junior just even a little bit south of there. If he went further up the shore. Sun Eagles is that doing hasse that I've mentioned before. That's about an hour outside New York City versus two going all the way south. There's not too much great public access in between them. But there's some cool private clubs too along the area as well.
Speaker 3: We got the Waltha.
Speaker 4: Travis's Hollywood is not you know it on the shore as well, and that's got two hundred plus bunkers as well.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for another their bunker Bunker City.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking of what I asked you about. As I was thinking of Hollywood probably would fit the fit the bill as a as a bunker city.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely. He's got to discount the one with fifty seven or whatever. But it's still up there.
Speaker 3: So it's cool.
Speaker 1: See that's like it's like the springfield. There can be multiple bunker cities, you know, because there's springfields in all these different states. You know, Illinois, Missouri, Massachusetts have springfields. You know, there could be a bunch of bunker cities.
Speaker 3: Perfect. I like it, you know it, it stuits it. You know, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: There were there were like twenty more bunkers out there back in the daya than there are now too.
Speaker 1: So you know, Ravslow in Chicago was a quasi bunker city originally, but you know today you wouldn't know it because it's been kind of neglected and.
Speaker 3: About whistling straits or.
Speaker 1: I don't think that really counts whistlings. They're half those bunkers are just out in space, outer space. You know, nobody even knows does waste area count as bunker You know, DJ would have to weigh in on that one, right, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I still use the word hazard, so I'm not the guy to ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, hey, thanks for coming on you got anything excited going on in your life? You know, other than getting married. You know you're you're taking man now. But uh, what you got anything exciting on the workfront.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a couple new exciting projects to be I'm going to be working on this fall.
Speaker 3: You know. They range from uh a cool new.
Speaker 4: Short game area to uh developing some few new holes of of plans uh to do ah, you know, some restoration work at Manhattan Woods. Uh uh not too far from me here, just north of the George Washington Bridge, and then another Donald Ross course as well.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks Jeger.
Speaker 1: Everybody can follow you on Instagram at Proper Golf and occasional occasional correspondent on Friday.
Speaker 2: Thanks for writing and everything.
Speaker 1: But we'll have you on again and look forward to watching Ironomic this week.
Speaker 3: You got it man.
Speaker 4: Glad you made it down there a couple of weeks ago, and glad to add a little more here.
Speaker 3: It's great. The chat