Speaker 1: What up, pe Go, I I got swing, I'm super bad Brown.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's hard, right, Oh shit, I need to get I like that one. He fluct.
Speaker 1: You know what I got on man? If y'all know you know you know what I'm saying, right, take it in truth?
Speaker 2: We got so and I'm super bad. That's hard.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: The word man p I wanted to ask you this question before we start. I know they set the cameras and ship up Pee. Have you hit thirty on every team in the league?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Now look it up. I think you have. He maybe not the bulls. Think about this word. I hated out in the meat too. You know what man in Chicago, but Chicago's rims shoot. It was the lighting, the depth perception, right, you couldn't even the realm look weird and didn't you.
Speaker 4: Don't understand and out of the NBA arena, there's a certain nb A NBA arenas. It's terrible for shooting, terrible for I thought United Center was one of them, especially when you only coming in for that one day.
Speaker 2: You don't get the practice on the realm. And then the best spot for me was Lawland, New.
Speaker 1: York, Portland. I loved the l A. L A had a dark perception.
Speaker 2: When that's REALM. I like l A and I like New York. Forty pieces, Jersey love, I love going to Jersey, Jersey, love to.
Speaker 3: Philly, Detroit, Miami, Atlanta.
Speaker 5: The Eastern Conference, dam Bakers, the Knicks, Uh, the SuperSonics.
Speaker 2: Piece I don't even remember now.
Speaker 3: That was in two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: Dangn he not gave all all these c he gave forty piece before.
Speaker 3: At least.
Speaker 2: Keep going, keep going, keep going, scoring games.
Speaker 5: And then the next I mentioned the Nets and then Cleveland game.
Speaker 2: Start over, Nate, do it here?
Speaker 3: Alright?
Speaker 1: So all the Eastern Conference down there, number one shorty one.
Speaker 2: Number one, Cleveland, damn. Number two, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Why the number three, number four Denver, damn get over there. Chicago at six, Scott, yeah you had. I don't even remember that game two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 2: The Knicks again, Superstonics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nigga Seattle, you know you're not lady down. That boy probably got Seattle to Seattle. I said it was probably GP yapping and ship were you know GP.
Speaker 2: Fire you up? He was in Miami there. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: This Minnesota No.
Speaker 2: One. So in Minnesota, Oh yeah, I was Zerbiak, the Lakers, the Lake one.
Speaker 3: I think this was the Truth game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that was That was Phoenix right after that. That was right after that. Phoenix was right after that. Yep.
Speaker 3: Exactly two days later.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: So yeah, back to back, forty pieces exact same for both games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. It's all coming back.
Speaker 1: It's coming I remember that Play the Heart, Play the Heart from music. It's all coming back. Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Orlando, we have Atlanta, Miami, Cleveland again, Detroit, Philly, sat In Phoenix.
Speaker 3: So those are your top twenty scoring games.
Speaker 1: That's Balllah Lord Cleveland at least three or four times. So listen, I never asked you this. I'm gonna ask you this on camera. Don't give me no commercial ship. The toughest defender of all time.
Speaker 2: On me on you Ron?
Speaker 1: Ron?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, he ain't got no further than him.
Speaker 1: I don't hurt Trevor Reeves's and I see her. I seen Hamrid do decent on you. Why was that Ron?
Speaker 4: Because Ron was strong? Yeah, and he could move later on. He had good hands, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. I was good at getting my shoulder on you and getting you, getting to bump you and getting you a balance when you bumping him. He taking the bump, absorbing it, and so it's targe. Then he had long arms and he slid well. He slid well. He was one of the best defensive players. Yeah, because you know a lot of times I was either stronger, I could shoot over him, go buy him. But he had a good combination of strength and speed, especially laterally. And he had good hands, so you couldn't You couldn't fuck around with the ball with him either.
Speaker 2: He he'd take it from me too.
Speaker 1: Ron was one of the Metaworld pieces, one of the people that Pete you had to have that one two dribble combo to get.
Speaker 2: A guy off right. A lot of people don't.
Speaker 1: Know respects to Meta, respects to Dennis Rodman, respects to all the great defenders, Ben Wallace, they they what.
Speaker 2: What to me?
Speaker 1: Great defenders, Great defenders initiated defense when you was in.
Speaker 2: The interaction of offense. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you, if you wasn't that dude to you know, go right when you wanted to go right, because it was seeing you left. You're not like that. That's what I'm trying to say, that the ultimate defender. It took an ultimate score like yourself or someone of ep echelon that knew how to actually implement.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's some offensive.
Speaker 1: Gaming ship like man, you know what, I love watching sometimes when the ball didn't even test the ground, I'm watching both. I'm watching both the offensive planer and watching defender. And now people think that the offensive players actually dictating that it's actually the defender.
Speaker 2: The defender is in your ends and he giving you away. And you got great defenders.
Speaker 1: A great defender, excuse me, not not a regular I'm talking about a great defender. A great defender is going to dictate where you go, how many jobs did you get? And then hard contest or some bullshit either right right right, And that's to me, the person that can handle all that is a king of offense. And I always wondered that, bro, because what Paul appears to me because I guard you a couple of times on on whatever. It was the one thing I've always fascinated with you because you know me, I'm contesting high so not so much at you, but my Ship. When I contest you, I'm contesting that you're gonna have to make the ball go like this and then come down.
Speaker 2: Man. Peace to me. This is my own person. Yeah, man, your ability to see nothing right right?
Speaker 1: I used to you you say that take it.
Speaker 2: Don't see you?
Speaker 1: Damn fuck that. Then I get him like, look, I mean it was you in Minnesota. You hit me like no, I don't see you. I was like, man, hit that ship. So our little pregame routine we got. We got a little pregame routine. You do our layers and we get our one. We get a little warm up.
Speaker 2: We can get on.
Speaker 1: But then then it could be at any time too, though, and then we'll go one on one hard.
Speaker 2: He's getting one possession. That's it. It's over. It's it's hard, though, it's hard. It can be at any time.
Speaker 1: They so hit down, get throw, throw it and I catch it and it's home. And then I'm like, oh, Ship, for every game we throw the ball one hundred miles an hour extra and you gotta catch up and you get big and then everybody.
Speaker 2: Else moves the funk out the way.
Speaker 1: Once we got playing super possession, one super fiscal right before the game.
Speaker 2: Come on, nigga, you ready's gonna get n No ship you might not get. I don't know whatever your move is, but he it's extra. He had the whole we go one possessing every day and.
Speaker 1: We're flipping around and get up around, jump right back here. Now you're all up here here.
Speaker 2: I want people want to see if I'm ready. I'm like, is you ready? I'm talking about it's a hard one possession.
Speaker 1: That's a hard like you get a bucket energy, Get a bucket.
Speaker 2: It's flavoring energy. It's flavoring energy. Get a bucket right before the game, right before the game. Let's get it. Forget it. You may think of that.
Speaker 3: Last week truth shout out to the truth flowners.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you mentioned the Knicks will knock it out of the first round, and you proclaim that.
Speaker 3: In the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna pull up and then a little research on it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: So the Knicks when they play teams above five hundred or twenty or below five hundred excuse me, or twenty three and two, so non playoff teams, when they play teams.
Speaker 3: Above five hundred, they're twelve and twenty one.
Speaker 4: So losing reference, So it ain't a hate burst them. I'm just going by what I see and I'm looking at who they possible matchup seeing. So if the playoffs start today, they got to see Miami. And with the way Miami playing right now, this ain't the Miami you want to play right now because Jimmy Butler, he you know how he eats into the season and then once he he at the All Star break, he turned into Jimmy Jimmy buckets. And that's what I'm starting to see now. So if they gotta play the Miami Heat in the first round, that's what I'm saying. It could be Miami, it might be Indiana. That's what they looking at right now.
Speaker 2: Who else? Let me let me look at the stand I'm.
Speaker 3: Looking at right now. But but Ticket, I kind of want to ask you, how do you feel about.
Speaker 2: Even Philly?
Speaker 4: They might have to see Phillyn be come back.
Speaker 1: Philly don't look attractive right now because the big feel like there.
Speaker 2: Everybody don't come back. Yeah, but he gonna come back and do what.
Speaker 1: Listen to me to Pete, And what you cannot discount is that everybody thinking that bro is in an unbelievable rhythm. Bro, you missed two three days from hooping, you're out of rhythm. It takes it takes three months to get in shape. It takes three days to get out of shape. Real fucking ship, you hear me. So the fact that he's been out of basketball, we don't know what Joel's been doing. I'm not testing that. What I'm saying is you can't just think that he gonna come back and they gonna be in the rhythm and where they are and Philly's dropping, and I'm seeing teams like New York trying to gain confidence regardless of what happened in the Piston game in New York hurt too. Now they've been hurt. But that's that's what I'm saying. When you bring these pieces back with Ivanovitch and and and and and and and and Randol and and uh o g. You don't even need big fellow who had the ankle surgery. What's the center, my man? Mitchell Robinson rare. He he done for the year. But Bro, Randall, Bogie and and and and and uh Brunson, the legit they scary p nobody And you know.
Speaker 2: What they got the lead they got the wave behind him the league.
Speaker 1: I ain't seen the league put this much into the Knicks in so much time. I'm watching other platforms. I'm watching everybody. Everybody talking about the Knicks and what the Knicks and the Knicks and the Knicks. It's other teams. Brett playing better than that Nicks Staya wave.
Speaker 2: Bro, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If they gotta play Indiana, are you confident? If they gotta play Miami, That's what I'm saying. They gonna it's gonna be toughness. They got a closer, and that's what you need in your team. You gotta have a closer in the fourth quarter of Bruns and it's tough. Listen to me, he's a closer though.
Speaker 1: Look what he did in Dallas and everybody's talked about uh with doing He's a closure. He listen, Randall, he could dominate three quarters, he could dominate fourth quarter two.
Speaker 2: But Bro, I like I like I like the I like the way they're the way they look man, the Celtics.
Speaker 1: When you look at the Celtics, man, the Celtics solid seven. You like you Yeah, that's what the Knicks are trying to create. You throw Bogey in there and you got random back. Mitchell Robinson gonna be in there. What's my boy went? We're playing in Detroit?
Speaker 2: Came back? Burks here here a closer. You hear what? Bro? No, they got some they got some pieces got.
Speaker 1: To come together, they do, Bro, They all got to come together. That I'm just talking about what it looks like and the potential of what that's like.
Speaker 4: You know, you just can't just throw pieces together and be like, look at these names and think it's gonna work out. They got the names, they got the talent, but they need another year season and they need for me to believe that they can get out the first round based on where they are now compared to who they might have to play. They need another year to stir that pot another year because you're dealing with injuries. You got guys in and out, the layer lineup, you know all that work. You just don't come in and think you just gonna be running ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You gotta have that chemistry. Man. They gotta start now.
Speaker 1: You only got twenty twenty games left, yep, less than like like come on, and then like how many how many games you need for all of these new pieces. I'm not even talking about the pieces they already had, even these new pieces implementing them. So when Randall come back, it ain't gonna be all this. Well everybody think they gonna do been doing og comeback. You know, everybody gotta slide on back to the back of the line. Then they gotta get back in shape. They gotta get their rhythm, so they gonna be getting forced fed. You know what I'm saying, They gonna I think you're playing a lot of minutes and then we gotta see at work. One thing we're not thinking about d is the Knicks or defensive team first. Yeah, absolutely, that's that's the biggest scare here. They can stop teams and they can also score the ball. So that's that's what I'm saying here. So if you're gonna contest the king of the here and go and go to the top of it, you gotta have a defensive presence, and they have that. That's the scarier that's the scare that's scarce to. That's why we like the next more than we like the Cleveland Cavaliers. That's why we like them a little even better this year. Now, No, you don't this year. This year, I do runeitate this year, know you? And right now we was giving up to Donovano. They just lost to the fucking Wizards. They just lost to the Wizards, didn't they just lose to the Wizards.
Speaker 2: Stop me. Yeah that's stop yeah, yeah, that's And then they're not playing at that peak.
Speaker 1: Bro, Donovan Mitchell is not Garland and not more. Those pieces they not enough to knock one of those off that you're filming. What I'm saying, they number two in the East right.
Speaker 3: Now, so you can take the cats over the next in the first round.
Speaker 1: No, I'm taking the next man the next scene to be a tougher filmy and this ain't I ain't personal.
Speaker 2: I'm watching that. I'm watching the consistency.
Speaker 4: Men learned from last year. They looking they looking like they got tougher. They run back, running back, they're running back. They're not gonna see each other.
Speaker 2: So seven games here is you taking the Cabs over over the next this year? I am this year.
Speaker 4: I like what I'm saying from Donovan. Strut's been a great pick up, great pickup. He cracking, by the way, he cracking.
Speaker 2: St that's when they play. They play a game they're not They're not gonna play each other in the first round.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying, the next time, do I think Cleveland is tougher?
Speaker 2: Sunday?
Speaker 1: Sunday same word. Hey, we might need a live stream there at the crib now you want to get youth playing? John listen, Random ain't back here, dope, see saying, ain't.
Speaker 2: Want that? Man, Man, we don't even know if Random coming back? Random coming back? Yeah, what's wrong with him? Shoulder? The shoulder? Shoulder, damn you know when you're holding it up.
Speaker 4: Like that, ain't No, that ain't no joke because my shoulder her right now too straight up. I can't even do no pull up right now. My show to start hurt and I was doing pull ups.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that show right now. Joe listen, I'm telling you I don't want to call them fool's goal, but I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I need to see more of consistency from the Garland, some of them, some of them two and three options.
Speaker 2: I look at the Knicks. The Knicks is like an Instagram model. You go, you go.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, don't come off Instagram and I'll be like, damn, she fine here you catch them in person, and.
Speaker 3: You like.
Speaker 2: This is you get them a highlight? Get a highlight? This you get them at light?
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm like, there's too many filters. It's two different things. It's two different reality versus I'm saying they think of Instagram. So what am I watching on TV n P a Instagram model? So if I go see it, fron Row, I get to see see the playoffs.
Speaker 4: You see the real fast Look look up, they ain't glad ship you ain't they got that fashion.
Speaker 2: I believe. I ain't no Nick fan, no, none of that. I'm just calling out.
Speaker 1: I see it the Knicks. I'm seeing what the wave is. Bro they won't the Knicks and Celtics brot the fashion ova right now?
Speaker 2: Rip off? He ain't ship yo, all right.
Speaker 5: Next thing, I want to ask you guys about Chris Paul to the Warriors lineup on Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: They're eighty two in their last ten games.
Speaker 5: Kind of they're in tenth place right now, but their seasons kind of turned around. So the question I have to you guys, are they clicking at the right time and is their title pursuit window still open?
Speaker 1: See this is my theory when you talk the Warriors and the Lakers. Now, I can't prove this, and I can be totally wrong, but if the Lakers and the Warriors are not in the play in, who's watching the play they gonna be in the player the play out of the player. Listen to me though, right now, For years past, they've always had Lebron in the play in and everybody's watched that real ship Clay too.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We watch, I mean, Steph two, we watched. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So my theory, listen, two teams that I feel like it is about to make some type of momentum shift. It's gonna be the Golden State Warriors and the Lakers.
Speaker 4: So you think that one of them teams got a chance to do what Miami did last year.
Speaker 1: I think that they got the potential to go on the run. Are you watching how the Warriors look? The Warriors look different, Pete Clay coming off the bench. Now it seems like everybody, Okay, this is our position.
Speaker 2: We're going with it. We're going with it.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about the energy. You gotta translate the gotta translate that into wins.
Speaker 2: Now, that's what I'm saying. No, they they playing better.
Speaker 1: They playing better, but that the piece is now okay, they ain't playing Steph. It's it's Steph's uh comingas these other pieces. Okay, okay, boom, okay, now we got okay configuring.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just that with Golden State, they always doing their championship years or word. They always carry the aura, you know, and I don't really see the aura and the fear factor that they put.
Speaker 1: In a fear fact, not right now till you get in the ring, till you get in that motherfucker in the seven game series and you you use so you see season and you see and you see them little motherfuckers. You see Steph and all them. You see the motherfuckers over there. You're like, yeah, you gotta leave them seven games. Yeah that glow. What I'm saying, Bro, you gotta beat this. You gotta beat the champions. These are ex champions. You know. You gotta knock the champion. Now, you gotta knock his ass out. Like That's what there's these young boys gonna have to do. To the to the to the to the Golden States, to to the to the Lakers, to the older win now kind of states when teams that's kind of on.
Speaker 2: The little half, bro.
Speaker 1: The young boys gonna have to they're gonna have to. Look, this is how we get all I'm saying, we got to beat all the seven games, okays a lot of ways, in a lot of ways. Minnesota's gonna have to beat one of them teams to get state.
Speaker 2: Warriors.
Speaker 4: Remind me and the Lakers remind me of our twenty ten team. We was older, you know what I'm saying, And our regular season wasn't like that, yeah, but when we got to the playoffs, we was looking old to slow versus these young teams. They was blowing by us out on the break, offense and rebounds. And that's what I see for the Lakers. But when you get them in the Golden State, when you get them in the playoffs situation. Now, when the game, you got the tape and then you got the scouting. So when you sit down and you focus on that one team with the IQs is that's in them two locker.
Speaker 2: Rooms, it's over. It's gonna be a problem. It's an even match up now, you know.
Speaker 1: So Now that's why I say if they both make the playoffs, that I ain't confident in those teams at the top right now in Minnesota. Okay, see, I don't think neither one of those teams could be Denver though. They got to try to avoid Denver at all costs in the first round because Denver's kind of that tier older, not not older, but me they got mature. Well, they're the chance, but they got to But think about this though, I'm not just saying they the chance, but they have a mature aura about themselves on how to beat older teams like that exactly, and then they know how to beat younger teams that's running in the gun.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They got a good mix. So if they can either one of them teams can Gideon.
Speaker 1: But listen, I'm gonna tell you now, p Minnesota, ok see, and all these young teams gonna have to go ahead and get their respects from old here.
Speaker 2: Straight up. It's gonna have to be a fade and they're gonna have to leave.
Speaker 1: Og that, you know what I'm saying down yeah, in seven games and then if not, you're gonna always be fighting against those real shit window both of them teams is this year. Yeah, I think now they in the marathon, though, Minnesota and OKAC are going to have to put pieces on what they already have a bill what they have because you can't go backwards now you're you're first. Now, Minnesota is expected to be in this position and play like this and be like this and click like this every year.
Speaker 2: Now, So this is the press in there. You setting this for yourself and and and you know your culture and ship.
Speaker 1: Ain't no, ain't no going down. This is all accelerating, you know what I'm saying. So let's see. Let's see what you're gonna have to go through somebody real to get to it.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: It's just about that, straight up. And you're gonna get everybody's best. That's another thing I bet Okay see in Minnesota getting everybody's best.
Speaker 2: That's what you get when you number one, when you're at the top. Everybody. Man, you see a motherfucker. You watch film on him in his last three games, he looking like you get in here this but who got butter? That's bro.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody talking about the New Orlean Pelicans, Bro, They is just creeping.
Speaker 2: They like man, they they creeping. They're like Miami, Bro, Nobody around ain't nobody talking about it.
Speaker 4: They in the top six. Yeah, and ain't nobody talking about them. And they got depth, they got veterans, they got youth, they got young They right there. To me, they right there with Minnesota as far as talent, you know what I'm saying, They right there with Okay, see when they as far as talent, they somebody better watch out for them in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You mean like having a bona fide superstars, a bonafide superstars, and you've been an All Star and you got old dogs, strappy dogs.
Speaker 2: You got O. G. C. J. McCullum, right, who kind of keep that even killed keep it all together. He gives them balance. Yeah, and then you got them young boys. You justly black leads. I love them. They got like seven guys out here.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. They're gonna be a problem in the seven game series. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you need to start putting the notice on them.
Speaker 3: Go back to play though five games off the bench, they're four to one.
Speaker 5: In those games, he's averaging twenty shooting three, so he's really bounced back excepting the.
Speaker 1: World coming off shout to clay Man. Listen, we said this man, listen, shoot and shoot score score.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When you're a shooter, man, the first thing I heard a shooter say to me is I shoot, mofucker, make a miss.
Speaker 2: I'm shooting it. So you know when you when you like that, man, and you got to believe that too.
Speaker 4: That's why you know you know what though, he I think Clay he's starting to wrap his mind around coming off the bench.
Speaker 2: Reality. That's tough.
Speaker 4: As a player who's been a start of your whole life, is you just making that adjustment. That's a whole adjustment.
Speaker 2: Mint off the.
Speaker 1: Bench, That's a whole when you're a starter, your ten fifteen plus years and you got to come off the bench. That's a whole hard attitude, mental adjustment, getting ready before the game adjustment.
Speaker 2: And he's wrapped his mind around that. He's embraced it.
Speaker 4: He's embraced it, and that's why he's thriving. And I think with him coming coming off the bench, the Golden State words just got.
Speaker 1: Deeper facts that quick, that quick because shock you add Chris Paul to know what I'm saying, is your second your second player coming off the bench can't guard Clay most of the time, or he you feel what I'm saying, Well, it ain't so traditional me guard you no more.
Speaker 2: It's matchups and shit.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is Clay's not going to get that team second second two guard. He used to start against the starter, right yeah, so now he's playing coming off the bench again, I'm taking Clay in that and that matchup majority of the time. You know what I'm saying, The most motherfuckers on the bench ain't even paying attention to the game.
Speaker 2: You gotta chase him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm indad ass the Golden State words just became the highest IQ bench in the.
Speaker 1: League just by doing that. But with him and Chris Paul, what are you add to that? Oh yeah, that's right because Chris Paul, Yeah, he back.
Speaker 2: What's he looked like though? And what's his window?
Speaker 4: They don't they don't need Chris Paul to just be solid. Just run the team, get him in they sets, get Clay going. You know that's gonna be big at the IQ though that you can't you can't measure, you know, where a player bring IQ wise, because that's a whole other level of just understanding defense, understanding offense. Understanding who to get going. That's big when it comes playoff time and they gonna need that.
Speaker 2: You're playing Chris Paul for pter.
Speaker 4: It depends on how it's going, you know what I'm saying, because I don't want to be all out there. It depends on who the team is. Like if I'm playing Okay, see all these young athletes, you don't want to have Chris Paul thirty five plus Clay thirty.
Speaker 1: Plus fourth quarter though these are your decision makers. Yeah, they all fight six minutes, but you.
Speaker 4: Lack They don't lack that same defensive intensity as all the players as they once did.
Speaker 2: IQ comes before all that. Yeah, you're smart at this right right, but you got to be at a defend.
Speaker 1: Here you do and everything switching. You know what I'm saying, it's not traditional. I like them at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: I do like all of them, especially like you said that, I like I said i Q decision making. But it just words me how small uh they go and the ability to defend with all them out there at the end of.
Speaker 2: The game and a small ball small it's hard to guard that way.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something with the Minnesota going big and everybody, you know, we we kind of beat it up or whatever. Now it's working for them, the number one in defensive ship. I'm noticing that Cleveland goes too bigs. Somebody else goes too Bigs' traditional well I'm saying is to say that is that is this the new wave?
Speaker 2: So they go big two sometime they'll have Horford in Yeah, horsing.
Speaker 1: Is Listen, though, I watched The Kings with Sabonis, and sometimes they try to go lows, they try to go Sabonis loves or they try to go I forget the combination. But they play a lot of Sabonis being the big and then what's my man from Golden State from your Boy went to North Carolina, dark skinned kid playing number forty.
Speaker 2: I'm going to blank on this name. He'll go to the four. Now with that.
Speaker 1: Minnesota twin Towers, I'm noticing that now you're coming in with with with with two damn the two Power Forward or two Bigs?
Speaker 2: Is that the new wave just because they did it?
Speaker 1: But the thing is the only reason they can do that is because one of them Beds can shoot threes and he can still spread the fists and he's rush and then you got a good big that can row and finish at the rim or with the live threat. Yes, so that's why that works.
Speaker 2: And the same for the subjects.
Speaker 4: When you got Hornford and Porzili is one of the business, both of them big shot three point shooters, and they both can roll and finish, you know, roll into the basket. So you can't just have two bigs who do the same thing, and your four can defend he can.
Speaker 1: Then what I'm saying when they switch it, they're not put Rooty in everything, callings and everything he can guard or guard to the.
Speaker 2: Car where he can sit.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be a perfect combination. And you just can't be doing it right. You can't just go out there doing it. You gotta you gotta have biggs that can guard and shoot three. Because Cleveland does that too. They have Mobley and Big Fella, but they best they do that. But they best line up is when they put Strouss at the four. Ye at the four makes because.
Speaker 2: They can spread the Menchell like end of the game they had Strue at the four. Listen. I just don't I just don't.
Speaker 1: One two, I don't think we've seen enough of Cleveland too that's another thing. I've seen them, and then I'll see them on like a sort like let's say, I'll see like the next four games, Mobley be out two of those games, Garland just came back like it's it's so.
Speaker 2: Many moving pieces.
Speaker 1: And then I watched you know what I'm saying, like, I don't know, man, I'm I'm I'm trying to watch the whole league like I watch it.
Speaker 2: And then some teams nobody healthy in the East.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody's healthy and collectively consistency.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then Walukee, Middletons in and out yeah, and me, I don't know who in and out. Listen.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm saying Celtics healthy, They're gonna walk through the East. I ain't gonna no, hell no, they're gonna walk through. I ain't gonna walk through it because you know what you're not to count for. You know, Walker, you're tripping watch out since Daydenund said again, Nate, I told you three in a row keeping their opponents under one hundred coming Pete. They started with the defensive effort.
Speaker 2: That defensive that's difference. Look at Dame.
Speaker 1: I saw Dame. Dane was not only getting through the pig. But he was pursuing like like, bro, I'm saying, I'm watching the energy. I'm watching it, just the second half energy on defense.
Speaker 2: And who they blew out, blew out Charlotte. They blew they brew a couple of teams out. They Charlott.
Speaker 1: They was up about like fifty and they beat Minnesota at Minnesota and the Sixers. I means, ain't healthy right now, but this is all good wins solid. That's all I'm saying. You know, at the All Star break, you gotta start putting together some good wins. So I'm like, you know, you're gonna start having games where it's gonna resemble what the playoffs is gonna be. Like, you know you're gonna mark them games like, and you gotta start putting together them wins because when you get to the playoffs with some of these teams and give you a different psyche, when you know you can beat them, have.
Speaker 2: A lot of it's gonna be good for him. That's great test form. But we don't know who. There's your sleeper in the East. Give me your sleeper. We do a sleeper every week. Let me just your sleeping East. What you mean to do?
Speaker 1: What sleeper to be better than sleeper. When people think they gonn leep. Niggas sleeping right now, sleep each sleep.
Speaker 2: On the shop. My sleeper is Orlando took my sleeper. Ain't ship. He ain't ship. Bigga sleeper though, nigga wagoner. I told you no, no oh yeah, it's Paolo underrated to you. You think.
Speaker 1: The All Star Game the second year, Well I get it. But look, he hit a lot of He hit a lot of clutch three. I don't know if you watch a lot of magic games, but bro, he had hit the he hit the three to tie up three to put him up.
Speaker 2: He I don't He's next. He's next. Bro.
Speaker 1: He got a quiet game, and he's kind of you know what I'm saying, you know, light voice, like mother fucking chest shut. He ain't got that man, man right, share it with your chest. Young fellow wants some smoke, Yeah he do. He was talking to somebody like I love I like I like I like young Fella.
Speaker 2: I like him. I like young Esco. You know what I'm saying. I call him young Esco. I'll be sucking his name.
Speaker 3: Funny thing about pal So. He hits the game winner on Saturday against Detroit. Next night they played Atlanta. He was out with the illness back to back.
Speaker 2: Oh, he was in the line of Cunner breaking now, oh you know what it is. He went out, he was years he wouldn't go get him some limmer pepper wings, liver pepper lose.
Speaker 1: Huh, Lou, shit, really, hey, Lou, if you're listening Loon doing do a podcast in Magic City while eating wings, talking basketball.
Speaker 2: Pulling, pulling up. I know two flaws coming down. I'll pull up for that though, you know what I'm saying. Maybe some limming pepper loo. You know what I'm saying. I won't think Stacy behind me too doing that little things? Do you know what I'm saying? Right? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Just the top.
Speaker 2: Puts down ship, you know that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Next thing I want to ask you guys about are we underestimating how good the thunder are this season? I'm gonna name some some head to head games. Are three and one against the Nuggets. They're two and one against the Clippers. They're three and one against Old State, two and oh against Cleveland, one and oh against Boston. They've already exceeded their win total for last year. They have a solid core of.
Speaker 3: Jacob Chef and s g A. You guys keep speaking that they could get upset the first round with one of the veteran teams. But are we estimating.
Speaker 2: I don't think we underestimating them, and I ain't say they gonna get upset.
Speaker 1: I know Pete talking that ship, I'm talking these young boys won't smoke and all this press and all this build up.
Speaker 2: Guess who's creating it?
Speaker 1: They are all this, all this that we loving. Oh my god, everybody's on the OKC wagging and shit, man, guess who's creating that? They are another thing. I actually thought that was ironic. Just hit us out.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: When Westbrook was there, he was not only MVP but always considered an MVPs right, but he was also NBA's best dress. Now, all of a sudden, they got another swag delicious point guard who was probably arguably NBA's best dress.
Speaker 2: But he's also probably a league MVP. That's ironic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pull up in a cyber truck last night. Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I don't think we underestimate Okay, but say a rockstar ain't really giving off rockstar ship. You know what I'm saying, right, they young and to back.
Speaker 3: Seasons and the FIRSTBA last year and.
Speaker 4: By all accounts right now, no, we ain't underestimating okay, see, but at the same time, it's more teams out there that got more experienced when the bright lights come on. They are a small market team, you know, they don't They ain't really had a lot of big TV games.
Speaker 2: So now put them in a playoffs setting. They gotta get season.
Speaker 4: Man, It's just I'm not as good as they being regular season, as good as they got an MVP player, they got great young pieces. It's not the underestimating them, it's that we ain't seen it on the big stage yet. You know they doing they act over here at the Comedy Store, at the at the laugh Actory. You know they you know, when you make it big, you go to the Staples and perform your act on stage. And when they ain't been on that big stage yet.
Speaker 1: So you know, as good as they been in these other places, we gotta see it when the when the lights come on, that's when you want to see it. So if these if so, if they the number one seed and they don't make it to the conference finals, then what's that saying?
Speaker 2: I mean you should have, could have would have though, Right, that's the big question.
Speaker 4: Number one seed, that's pretty much you're supposed to be a favorite to go to the conference finals. At least, I'm not even sure they a favorite right now. Okay, seeing the favorite in the one, I'm not even sure even they They got probably the second third best record in the league. They not even the top five favorite in Vegas right now to win it.
Speaker 1: Well, I ain't picking Vegas to saying what I'm saying. But what I'm saying, I ain't. They used to know who the fuck gonna win.
Speaker 2: It aint Vegas is crazy. They got a crystal ball, right.
Speaker 1: Saying, I ain't going off Vegas to pick who the fuck gonna win the NBA chair, That's what I'm saying. Okay, she is up there with Minnesota, the Celtics. They they are up there with the top five, That's what I'm saying. So everybody got the same equal opportunity to get there.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying here is is that dude, you have the pieces to get through them pieces.
Speaker 2: I think they gotta grow a little more.
Speaker 1: They gotta grow, But bro, guess what you get. Guess when you get your your stripe set in the playoffs in the laugh Factory. You can't go You can't go do fifty eighty thousand unless you went to the laugh Factor and made twelve ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty five thousand laugh right.
Speaker 2: And then they're boot your ass in the laugh Factory. Get your ass out of here. You ain't gonna biding down there the laugh Factory, and they get money, and everybody showing up. Head. They getting ready, Lord, they get ready. Got a big stage. They're gonna make it to the to the man, listen, what's the big what's the big stage? Studios?
Speaker 1: Man, excuse me, excuse me, Ladies and gentlemen of the OKC thunder.
Speaker 2: Gonna be like this. Did you gonna look over here and checking me out? The fuck you're talking about? Right?
Speaker 1: You got big j double the drums right the fuck PI ship miss listen, bro.
Speaker 2: This is what you not account for board. The young boys WoT we're gonna see. They want to smoke. They do want to smoke. After tell us like, okay, you go, man, were you watching me? You ain't watching? Young boys? Won't it? They're talking, man, they won't We want that? Yeah, we want smoke. They won't it That's what I'm saying. To see it, Shay helln saying no, won't it here?
Speaker 1: You do, That's what I'm saying. We got that's what Yeah, Yeah, we gotta see it. And it looked good, That's what I'm saying. So you know the fact that we know these teams coming in here. Man, can y'all beat up man?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah we can.
Speaker 1: We're finna show y'all. So we're finna sit back, get the pop coining, right. That's what I love about this playoff and.
Speaker 2: That's the start of building something. When you have been to the playoffs and the team hasn't you come in there like, yeah, these young motherfucker that's how we win. In Atlanta, we played Atlanta.
Speaker 1: We had all this confidence were playing Atlanta, and we got to Atlanta and guess what, we saw a whole new team with a whole new energy of saying, yeah, we're finna beat the Celtics.
Speaker 2: And guess what.
Speaker 1: The nigg came out there and they beat us, not one time, back to back and we listen the second day on the flight home, it wasn't cool.
Speaker 2: Everybody was like this, like damn, what we feeling or hey, on No. We we had to be on some We're finna lose to me, we had to be on that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm saying this to say that you're getting everybody's best and if OKC is going to go to anything, they're gonna have to go through somebody.
Speaker 2: Ain't no weak links and none of us. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But now they gotta understand what being in this position is about. Because you go from a team who is up and coming, nobody's talking about, Nobody talking about you the hunter.
Speaker 2: You win, you win.
Speaker 4: Now when you start winning games and you've beaten t people on TV and you're the number one seed, you're gonna be hunted.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is why you're picking the seeds because you feel like the seas has been through this. They have been through that, They've not been through the ground. And I got here, then I got back up. They back on it. They feel some type of way.
Speaker 2: They to hunt it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now they're gonna come in, Oh, this is the number one seed. Teams is looking forward.
Speaker 2: That's what you said.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. They gotta prepare for that mentality, you know what I'm saying. That's a different mentality when you that team like me, the Hunter and the Hunting. This is two different mentalities on the team because when you be a Hunted, you gonna get everybody best. Now you're gonna get everybody best.
Speaker 1: And to me, p that's what separates the Celtics as a young team in the future with all the other Minnesota's, the Okay Sees, the Indiana's, that's the difference. These boys been to the finals that got beep. You know what I'm saying, That it did, the Miami Series and all that ship, right, and then you play these other teams that's fresh right there.
Speaker 2: I see, I see what you said. Yeah, they go from a team that I ain't wanted Celtics ain't want it, but they the Hunting. But what I'm saying four or five situation with you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying right Listen, no team want to see Broun unless you Denver because you got justice equal star power.
Speaker 2: You don't want to see Bron.
Speaker 3: What about Phoenix to see Bron?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody want to see Bron. Bron come with the league, get your foul troubles and all this. That's what I'm saying. If I'm mister Davis, Man, see it.
Speaker 2: Man, you supposed to man that that. Man, I'll be using that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like a player can get you all in the bonus and get you know, calls and stuff like this, even though the Lakers are struggling right now, talking about them and get no calls on and they didn't get no calls to other stuff. But man, man, you don't want to be in no series against Bron.
Speaker 2: Feel me. I want the game down steph either. This pace is too much for the older teams. Nobody.
Speaker 4: I mean you the pace, doll, it's one hundred. Everybody's averaging one hundred and fifteen points. Like yeah, like that's that pace is too much for the regular sings for older teams to get through.
Speaker 2: Like I said, Bron and Steff just got to make it to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Everything is calmer me everything, you know, the lights come on, everything getting magnified.
Speaker 2: He's brighter shoe.
Speaker 4: And don't get no distractions here the locker room, that ship. Don't don't get that. Older teams how to handle that. These young teams, you know, you don't know how they gonna handle all that stuff. It's a lot of components that come with, you know, being going through a playoff run, you know, distractions, family on the road.
Speaker 1: I like what I see out of those two young teams do. I love Minnesota's grit and I love okay sees grit. And it's gonna be dope to see those teams get better and also grow from experience and grow from you know, playoff experience and stuff.
Speaker 2: So who your sleeper team in the West.
Speaker 1: My sleeper team in the West, keep keeping it one hundred is Phoenix. I feel like Phoenix is kind of so a team with durant Own, it is a sleeper team. Crazy think about what I'm saying the fall. But my thing is this, though we put Bron on such a pedestal and Bron losing and he went in, it's just like it's magnified. I was going, you don't put KD in that same in class or you know what I'm saying, while we don't, you know, like when KD is like how is a KD land team a sleeper team? You know what I'm saying, though, if we look at him like that, I got the Kings and the Phoenix Suns. That's the sleepers in the West. Because no one talks about the Kings just get utterly disrespectful. I mean disrespected, like the Kings have a body of work that you can throw in here with everybody else with the inflection of everything else. They've had some players do some dope shit this morning, I mean do some dope shit this season and uh throughout the year. Throughout this year, some bonents, uh, their stars have been real stars. The other night, I watched Deerren Fox get pissed and take the game off. I don't know if you saw that, but the motherfucker ain't crazy. I forget what they plans playing somebody the cup of game. He took the couple game over, did get the fire, came down and went crazy. You know what I'm saying, They're the biggest disrespected team in the league.
Speaker 2: To me, respect for the Kings, I'm just I got respect. I'm saying disrespected because they.
Speaker 4: A higher seed last year, they got popped in the first round. Right, they should have had an All Star.
Speaker 1: Okay, I give you that man with the body of work that everybody else no doubt.
Speaker 2: No doubt. So that's what I'm saying. They are the sleepers to me.
Speaker 1: You going there thinking this sweet shit man Sack is one of them, one of them cities, one of them teams where they got dogs on the team where you know, so I'm saying, and then two I'm saying, a team like Phoenix has it showed the consistency and being the top dog. So you know, Browny Bill, his inconsistency and being in and out has fucked up the whole in fluctuation of the Suns. Because when when Katie and Booke got to go into Okay, you consolidated, I consolidate, Okay, we gotta it looks like they got to actually make up for his absence when he's in there.
Speaker 2: It flows like a wheel.
Speaker 1: You see the real Devin Booker coming off. How he might have something thirty and a half time and have forty fifty.
Speaker 2: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: It When you got Devin book and gotta consolidate and find Grayson Allen and find kd you you ain't even got to You ain't got a weapon, your one of your weapons ain't even set to be in to be in this equation.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Saying, And that's an inconsistency that nobody can really look at phoenix and put bread on.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't lie.
Speaker 1: You look at their pieces on paper, You're like, oh, yeah, I've been on this all day. And then you see them out there. Oh man, oh man, oh man. You look at it, You're like, man, I don't know if I want to put bread on that. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: In the West, my sleeper in the West. I ain't get no sleep in the East.
Speaker 4: So my sleeper in the West, meaning that this team can lose in the first round or get to the conference finals.
Speaker 1: No, that's a while I'm talking about sleeper. It ain't nobody looking at motherfucker. Don't think they're gonna do show. I said, my sleeper is New Orleans. Oh yeah, New Orleans, my sleeping. They are real sleeper too, what five night, Yeah, they're my sleeper. I like that one.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I want to kind of switch heres here.
Speaker 5: Ricky Ruby recently did an interview and he spoke with his mental health struggles in the league.
Speaker 3: You recently retired from the NBA, and this quote kind of.
Speaker 5: Stuck out to me, and I wanted to ask you guys about it, he said. The player eight the person, So the question a half of you guys, saw hard Is it to separate your NBA from the person at home? Is it tough to balance kind of your on court life versus your home life and how do they kind of intermingle?
Speaker 1: Not for me, you know, I like to think that. And then you know, piece are real friends. So you know, I got real friends around me that you know if I'm out of character for something, you know, they're the first ones to notice or to be able to say something to me. Also family, But for the most part, people know that when I am or when I worked out, or when when I was playing and I was training and I was locked in. I like to think that I was the definition of locked in.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I had two systems, and when I played, it was one system, and when I wasn't playing, it was another. And I came up with these two systems just off of what I needed to be both PI you tell you when you are training, you are complete machining, and you in an animal mode and it's at one hundred percent and it's coming.
Speaker 2: At a thousand horsepower of a.
Speaker 1: Magnitude like on some Mac truck. Shit Like I can't even explain the intensity. And with these workhouse because you're doing early morning shit in or it takes to get up early morning to go dominate something. You have to have that in you program, right, and then you when you start you know, attacking weights, and you start bettering yourself with explosion and stuff.
Speaker 2: Bro all this takes on like a beasting.
Speaker 1: You Like when I watch the Hope, I understand the Hope, but also when I'm off the when I'm off the court, PILL.
Speaker 2: Tell you I'm a lot loose chill. I like to laugh, I like to be funny.
Speaker 1: I'm super duper not the guy that you just walk off the court with, you know, I'm totally opposite in my everyday life. Yeah, And I think that you got to.
Speaker 2: Have the two.
Speaker 1: It's very important to have a fucking balance with the two.
Speaker 2: And I gotta say this.
Speaker 1: They teach you how to turn the hulk on, but no one teaches you how to turn the hulk off. And turn the hulk off is.
Speaker 2: A real thing. And having that competitive energy to go somewhere is a real thing.
Speaker 1: And if you don't know how to handle it, because people know you for what you do on the floor, people don't notice this more softer, more calmer you over here so when people see you in a calm setting like this, they almost shocked, like, Kg, you ain't growling and you ain't you know what I'm saying, But it's how people see you.
Speaker 2: But you have to have a balance.
Speaker 1: And if you don't have a balance, one can't actually eat the other if I'm being on And.
Speaker 4: I also think that we are in an error to where everything is more magnified and more more talked about, more than ever and so and what I mean by that, like, let's just take like, you know what you're doing now we're talking about Rubio, he's in retirement.
Speaker 2: He's talking about dealing with with the anxiety and anxiety and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think a lot of that has been common for a lot of people who've been in the limelight who go into retirement because now you you in a whole different lifestyle because you've been waking up used to doing this, So.
Speaker 4: Now you home and you gotta learn a new pattern, a scene, a whole new lifestyle exactly. And then you got social media on top of that. What you're doing, where you're at, when you've seen you makes all of that.
Speaker 2: And so I think we're in a time in the air to.
Speaker 1: Where depression and anxiety, all those things are amplified because of the eyes on us, the cameras on us, the social media, the pressure from from family, friends, kids, everything is way more magnified now. Like you know, if you go from an NBA star, you home with your kids, and now you seeing your daughter all on Instagram doing stuff she probably not supposed to do.
Speaker 2: You know, that could stress a father.
Speaker 1: There's so many, so many layers in the off the court and today's society that you don't see when you're playing. When you start, when you go home and retirement, you start seeing stuff right because you miss out on so many things at home, and it can lead to a lot of depression.
Speaker 4: You know a lot of times you like you missing what you've been doing. And adjustment to life after basketball. A lot of people deal with depression and that just dealing with life after basketball, because now get real, you know, life, get real now. Doc used to always say, and I ever say, he said, guys, we live this is not real. He used to always say, this life, this is we live in the fantasy world. Y'all enjoy this, y'all don't even know what real life really is. Once real life smack you in your face and you start really seeing it. Man, You like damn that part, that part, and that's part. They don't teach you that transition or show you that transition or put people in place to help you with those transitions.
Speaker 2: When you come in. It can be any field.
Speaker 4: It can be you know, whatever your possession profession is, and you on camera and you in the limelight from being an actur, youcy of an actors, actresships, sports athletes all around the industry. When that when it's taken away from you or when it's finally gone, that transition, you know, who's your mentors, who are you talking to? Who are you uh surrounding yourself with to make that transition?
Speaker 5: That will say is he retired from the NBA, he took a little higher as and then he just recently signed with FC Barcelona basically.
Speaker 2: Trying to go back.
Speaker 5: Yes, but you retired from the NBA over about his mental health struggles while he.
Speaker 3: Was in the league.
Speaker 1: We had just discussed, well that that that transition Pete talking about is a dark transition too, because you know what happens. You can't do for everybody You've been doing for everybody leaves, and you look up and you yourself, and all this whole ship stops, and everybody.
Speaker 2: You've been A, A, B and C. And when the A, B, C and stops, so did them. And you're by yourself.
Speaker 1: And for a lot of people, it's a shell shop and keeping it one hundred man when all the collapse and all the screams and all the ro rods stop, and you and you laying in I can still play. I can some people. Some athletes need that. Some some people need the row rad some people need that.
Speaker 4: Then it's hard when you it's hard to open up when you play, because when you looked at on a pedestal, you know, people expect you to be strong, you know what I'm saying. And Ricky ruby o case and that's why you know, now that he's not on the top stage of the NBA and he's away from the NBA stage, it's easier for him to kind of like speak his peace, speak his truth because you're out of it. Yeah, but when you're in it, it's hard. You expect it to be strong, head of the family, head of the household, head of this and you're not supposed to be looked upon as somebody who's vulnerable, right.
Speaker 1: And the reality parts of it. Motherfuckers is human, yo, right, motherfuckers is human. You don't think we feel. You don't think we got emotions. You don't think we have man, motherfucker man, y'all have no idea. Professional athletes every day got probably fifty things they're battling and they got nothing to do with them because everybody sees them as a god or someone that can actually help them or change their reality. And some of these athletes ain't even conditioned to even deal with nor.
Speaker 2: Even have this. You understand, we ain't ask for all of this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But you get you get put in situations where you gotta, like he said, be the strong one, or be the bigger person, or be the person to be able to help somebody out of this.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Man, We are human beings.
Speaker 1: We make mistakes, We hit our heads, motherfucker's tripp and fall, we bump our knees, like y'all, every fucking thing. It's the same shit. We got kids to hoole shit. So we're not immune to anything. If anything was magnified a thousand times because people think you.
Speaker 2: God, some of the things did not see you do and you know you survive in a B and C.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But yeah, man, shout to Rick Rude. Man, I hope he figured it out. And then I'm gonna say this, man, mental health has always been around. It's just how we all chose to deal with it and how we all chose to battle something. You know what I'm saying, Like real shit, man, You'll think motherfuckers came into the league or was in the league and doubted something or had a point where they want this as confident or whatever.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, hell yeah. But one thing you didn't do, you never showed it. And I like to think that a lot of people was masking it, and however they mashed it. And this is when you get sobriety problems, just when you get all the other problems, all the vice problems and shit, because no one teaches you how to deal with this. I like to think that the league, actually, when we came into the league, the league started giving us programs and giving us a chance to talk to the ogs when they come in and give us solutions, and shit, man, no solutions.
Speaker 2: Help to sit here and talk to a guy who was married when.
Speaker 1: We were married, or to talk about relationship, to talk about money, and to talk about stuff that we was going through, but we were sending here listening. Man said a lot to me as the listener and as the person that was absorbing. You gotta have these solutions, and you got to have these conversations so that people can pour from those things and actually help themselves.
Speaker 2: Right that shot the rig rude man, keep going rude.
Speaker 5: Next thing, I want to talk to you guys about ticket. You brought this to our attention. Jonathan Cavoni, he's a draft analyst, released the STAB that stated nearly half of the twenty twenty and twenty twenty one top forty are no longer with the team that drafted them. So are NBA teams in patient or is this a youth basketball development problem in America?
Speaker 1: I think it's a combination of both. You understand, for players that were drafted three four years ago not being in the league.
Speaker 3: What the team that drafted them? So the team gave up on.
Speaker 2: Them, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So let's say one hundred players came into the league, forty forty players are now on a whole different wave, or.
Speaker 2: That's scary, that's scary.
Speaker 1: Not only not only are those unguarantees, but those are teams just sitting here looking at oh and then getting off it. Like I hope, I hope today's players understand the importance of character, work, ethic, vision, how you work with others, Like like, teams ain't fucking around if you're not like some upper exchellent talent and you're not like breaking barriers and shit man, teams looking at you like we can get another one of you, okay, And you're looking more expendable these days. So have something of your superpower that you know can't be can't be you know can't be duplicated to the best of your knowledge, or come up with something that that's yours and own it because if not, Man, if you don't have a superpower that's adamant and preparatory to you, or you be in some shit, real shit. Think about the league. The league think they got everything in it right until they see something they don't have. So you gotta come in with the natitude like boom, this how' much stay here and this is gonna be my foundation, and this is what's gonna ride. This is what I'm riding into the sunset with man forty Man, that's scary.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen to top forty players.
Speaker 5: So this isn't even late second round, guys. This is the top thirty and then ten of the second round. So we're not even wow about forty one sixty.
Speaker 2: You hear from from what year?
Speaker 3: From twenty twenty to twenty twenty one, four.
Speaker 2: Of those draft processes and how many he said, forty of them?
Speaker 1: Forty percent of them gone or either own another team, let go by the team, the drift like they ain't even give you one or two years to get it together. They all no, go here, take the bread, get out, go okay. Next, and then he asked, you know, is is that formula like a formulat to where you can actually sustain or is the league realistic in that ability where first off, you gotta let things, you gotta let things mature, and you gotta let things be in the process to where you'll see good bones With Shae, Alexander probably worked out. I'm sure he wasn't doing all things he was doing now, but it was something to where somebody said, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I can use that. So it's gotta be something in you that the team sees.
Speaker 2: Now if you're not.
Speaker 1: Consistent with that a lot of times, a lot of times teams see you every day and see your consistency, and then they're like, oh shit, you know what I'm saying. Like the big question mink on Wiseman. Wiseman was supposed to be with Kaminga and this group that send Golden State, that was supposed to be there. The fact that you moved him and traded him made everybody think, like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? So then what so that begs to tell me?
Speaker 4: You know, so many times we say the players are better today, how could that be if some many of these top picks is ending up out the league or like he said in thirty in three to four years.
Speaker 2: Of the first round of people drafted not even in the league or with the team that drafted them. Yeah, so how is that within that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, can't make it through the first contract yet on the one team as a top three four pick.
Speaker 1: I didn't say these kids are better, but I said that these kids are doing things.
Speaker 4: But a lot of times we drafting off potential. All of these with drafting and that's your fault. So the potential KG started this, I take that.
Speaker 2: I'll put that on.
Speaker 1: Because it's also why you're taking me. It's also why you love me. It's also why you you invested in me. So it goes both ways with potential. If okay, I showed them something, now I got to be consistent with whatever I showed.
Speaker 2: If I don't show that, then you get off it. I'll tell you what it is. That's anything.
Speaker 4: That's anything. This is what everybody's looking for. That next Kevin Gardnet, that next Tracy McGrady potential where you can just see, you don't feel out that next Giannis instead of sometimes you gotta put some stock in these guys that have been in college three years, four years, that understand a role.
Speaker 2: Because some of that.
Speaker 4: Stuff in college. Defense in college translates to the NBA. Whoever, that defensive player of the year that trans in college, that translates to the NBA because every defensive player of the year top defended I was in college, he was that in the league. So we gotta start scouts, gms. You gotta start putting more stock into not only overseas because you know what the overseas players are doing in the league.
Speaker 1: But these three four year players sometimes you gotta use some of these picks to this guy who's in his junior year or senior year, but he's dominated. That's an older generation. Now that player has been ousted by the European player. You know why, coach, The European player knows how to play basketball, he knows how to pick and roll, he knows IQ, he has IQ.
Speaker 2: All that shit.
Speaker 1: It ain't I think the American players think it's about ones and being able to go ones. Bro, It's just that we always look at we be We'll be with the thirtieth pick and be like all right, or on the twenty ninth pick and we're like, let's get this kid. He's six eight, he can jump out the gym. He can't shoot a lick, he can't really drive it, but we could teach him that in three years he gonna get stronger than instead of going for that guy. And Cole's like, man, he's a high level defender and he can knock down threes. He's twenty two, but that's the dude. You could drive him play a round right away. But they always trying to go for the home run, and so That's why you see all these players who in and out the league, because they're drafting all these potential and then it's gonna make those players that that that that all the players we're talking about, it's gonna be it's gonna be a times ten because those players are gonna be valued even more than But yeah, we're in trouble, man.
Speaker 2: And you know what I see.
Speaker 1: I see all this unfinished product going to the G League and being able to develop. The league is gonna have all these all these players that's going to other places had a superpower or had some type of potential to be able to get the opportunity to either be drafted or even be in the room.
Speaker 2: Right that that is not gonna go.
Speaker 1: Unnoticed on all leagues. Some of that town's going up in the league, some of that towns go in the back in the league. Some of that town's go in other places. But I do not think that you just get off one or two years. Na, Na, there was a point where the number one or two pick was a sure fire off star fact or in one or two years he would he or she was going to be an AFT.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I agree with that let's let's get to that game. Picture of the wig. How I do last week? Oh yeah, that sound about right. Used about to say some wove ship. I'm still up. I'm still up. Oh that's sound about right. Mother, You went like right.
Speaker 1: You know he was off for like two weeks though, eat up toward the playoffs. I want to hear that ship and that's what I'm saying. Bullshit, man, he get the one game in the playoffs. Baby, want to hear that she get the one game hero shot.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go Saturday, Saturday. We just talked about this earlier.
Speaker 2: To get that.
Speaker 3: Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get that. You got the nuggets at Lakers? Who you got pee nuggets at Lakers. I don't like the way Lake has been looking lately.
Speaker 4: In Denver, they like, all right, this second half of the season, guys, it's starting to hit the button. And Joker, when I seen him go out there, he gave he gave Draymond like thirty six, sixteen and sixteen. I was like, hold on, you know, and Draymond, elite defender. If you're doing that, what you think you're gonna do to the legs, you know, we're going Denver on this one.
Speaker 2: Player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got Denverer too, and I got Joke as the m VP. No one's playing at a higher clip. I think Luca may be second in Shae Shay's second and third, but I got Shay second. Actually, But what Jokers doing in our league not even athletic. He jumps probably this high right heat. Like, what he's doing in our league is just he's ripping. He's ripping the he's ripping the records apart. I think Pete, they showed a stat where he's had a triple double on every team in the league. Damn Careal, that's cold, bro, he bro right now, Joker is more dominant than Will right now. They got they got some niggas taking him over shot. They got, they got they got taking Joker over Will.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 3: I mean he's twenty nine. I'll just read his resume right now.
Speaker 5: Six time All Star, NBA champ, five time All NBA, two times MVP finals at VP, he's years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I just think in the center error, man, y'all, are y'all a blow? If y'all thinking I'm taking a Joker over shot? I love you, I love Nicole.
Speaker 2: It up.
Speaker 1: What he's doing is unpresident it's about this time now and this time that's what I'm not doing that compared to listen, what he's doing is unbelievable. Real ship, Yeah, I'm talking about usually do have to be athletically enough.
Speaker 2: It ain't nobody who can really match up with him. Yeah, I get it, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: But you know, Shack one shooting three, Shack one Domino, motherfucker behind the back. You know what I'm saying, Like, what what Joker is doing to the game?
Speaker 2: Bro? Bro? He's bro yeah, oh yeah. We got the Lakers and I'm worried about Are you worried about the Lakers? I mean, the Lakers are who I thought they were Sunday Sunday.
Speaker 3: It's we got the Warriors right now.
Speaker 1: Just in Boston though, right Who you got? And I don't want to hear I'm gonna try to get to that. I don't want to hear that ship who.
Speaker 2: Now? I got the kids this week? Ship? Who you got? Man?
Speaker 4: I think this has gotta be a statement game on national TV. And you know these type of games come up throughout the course of the season where you know everybody gonna be gonna have their popcorn watching this and by no ways it's dis revenged. The Golden State did what they had to do to win the championship versus Boston. But Boston respects Golden State and no matter what their record is, Golden State is Golden State. With Steph Curry's out there, so they gonna be up for this game and they gonna look at they gonna measure this is another measuring stick. Even though Golden State record Donna say contender, it's still a measuring stick when you played in Right now, when it's Steph Clay and Draymond out there, and I think the Celtics make a statement would a win.
Speaker 2: I think the same thing. Damn, I don't like I always agree with you when you're saying some real ship. Uh two to add on what you said, man, and.
Speaker 4: Hold on another thing before you get on your point. We gotta start putting Tatum in these MVP talks.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on now, if I'm being team they, I mean they headed shoulders the best best team.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we look at the years of Criterias, the best.
Speaker 1: Player or the best team, it's Tatum and he can make a loud statement with this game. I actually want him to win him and Anthony Edwards, I want you know what I'm saying, But I had a chance to be with on another thing, you know what. I had a chance to be with her, And I don't think just working with him being around, I don't think like MVP is that.
Speaker 4: Important for him regular season. He wants he want to get that title.
Speaker 1: Truth for me, yeah, he wants to get a title first before you get an MVP or some individuals.
Speaker 4: Traditionally, and I'm gonna put this in camera, guys, the MVP of the league almost never wins the championship.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a jinx. It's almost like a thin. So, if history holds true, who was the last MVP in a season to win MVP and the championship? But before that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, cold, no, nope, no, Jordan might have been Jordan. Yeah, it was like twenty it's like fifteen years nobody that did that. Or maybe Duncan no shock, that's the last one, non Timmy, Timmy, Yeah, maybe Dunk three. But it's rare three, That's what I'm saying. You see, the rarity of winning the MVP and the title doesn't happen. It doesn't happen in the same year.
Speaker 3: Another thing we looked up.
Speaker 5: We talked about a guy averaging thirty and winning to win the NBA Championship goes all the way back.
Speaker 2: To Jordan j Yeah, damn.
Speaker 4: So it's all lining up for JT. He not averaging thirty and he probably won't win MVP. Really, so it's lining up for championship.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: You both got Celtics in this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got the season one. Cool.
Speaker 3: Next game. We just talked about this earlier. Knicks at Calves.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Knicks and Calves? Who are you liking this? And the NIXT ain't for a thrott or either. Let's just be clear, O g out.
Speaker 2: Goddamn Randall ain't random playing. I know he he's out. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: These are two big listen, but the NIXT and making noise with the little crew they got bro straight up.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not rolling with the Instagram models right now? You rolling what you got? You got to Cleveland Calves? Yeah, this on the road. What is up?
Speaker 3: This is Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Oh man ship? Yeah, without random them. Yeah, he's making this easy today we're now random and O GM. That's hard. That's hard to go in there. You're going to Cleveland right now, Cleveland, rolling man, And I'm going with Cleveland. We were calling how we see it right, She's gonna take our filter off and it's gonna blow you off off of that filter. But what's that? What is this? That's it?
Speaker 3: Last game day? Sunday's got some good games.
Speaker 1: Thunder at Phoenix, Oh, the Thunder at Phoenix. Who you liking this, Pete? You're talking all that ship?
Speaker 2: Who you like?
Speaker 4: Thunder got a winning record against winning team and playoff team.
Speaker 2: Who you like?
Speaker 4: But I understand that. Durant and Booker understand the moments. And I'm going with Phoenix.
Speaker 2: I got the young boys in this one. I'm going young. He got the young Lions.
Speaker 1: Yeah they yeah, Yeah, they going here and smack the Sons in the mouth. Yeah, it's gonna be like, yeah we here. Yeah they got in ten two Phoenix to gotta started having some signature wins. They do, they do, Okay, s got a strong seven two. Bro, that's another thing too. You feel me the Mozillah Joe's and the Wallace's and Jay Doves like Bro and in the giddy and you.
Speaker 2: Feel me, man, Yeah, I'm going with the young boys. Give me. Okay, see that's the picture of the work we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah h