Speaker 1: Marry.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: Yay Mary, Mary?
Speaker 2: Happy New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve, Mary Happy? You never heard that song? I have not no its because I just as that song at all. Happy New Year's everybody.
Speaker 1: What are you doing for New Year's Oh man, I'm keeping it easy and mellow this year, not doing it. We've got We had friends if you remember last year that got engaged on New Year's Eve. I'm super happy for them. That's not the vibe I'm going for this year. I'm going for a chill out, relax and just enjoy the kids and be together. How about you?
Speaker 3: Will same thing I do every year, private with Beyonce to the Revel, Gonna party all night, got it, fly back tomorrow morning to a Wendy's breakfast deal. It's the same thing I've been doing for god. It's it's just routine now. No, I do the same thing as I I always do. We will hang out, we'll watch some TV. Sue will doze next to me and I will nudge her when the ball has dropped and she'll wake up, and we'll give each other a little kiss and then go to bed.
Speaker 1: It's that's it.
Speaker 2: Pretty wonderful. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: You know. The last night we were at Yamava. Uh so we've been have some had some fun stuff there was.
Speaker 1: How was the venue there amazing?
Speaker 3: It was absolutely amazing. So we've been there. I've been there a couple of times now. It was great and we saw Janet Jackson. Uh and so it's uh, it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: It was. It's really a great place to go and and yeah, it was nice that it was.
Speaker 3: We got to spend some great time there and then we also had New Year's Eve to just kind of mellow.
Speaker 2: Uh So we're just we're taking it easy tonight, which is which lucky dream to do. Yeah, a dream show, a lot of fun. They asked me to actually open for her.
Speaker 3: Oh so I got up there and I juggled, which everybody knows I'm kind of famous for called the amazing will in certain.
Speaker 1: I mean, have you spruced up those magic tricks that you were supposed to learn, you were supposed to get head into and did you get to share any.
Speaker 2: Of those watches? Can you see it?
Speaker 3: Look, look see it and now it's gone. That's magic. That's how good I am. Thank you very much. Have you ever, like, what can what's the craziest place that you have ever celebrated New Year's Eve?
Speaker 1: I think we've done. We did New Year's Eve on the road, Like while I was touring, You.
Speaker 2: Guys partied a bit on the road, didn't you.
Speaker 1: We did. We had fun. We had fun. We always had a great group. I mean, especially when we got to that last one and we had a big group of dancers and it was just a big just fun all the time. And then our crew was really awesome. Oh you know what. It was shortly after I did Okay, so this is taking it back, way way back. It was shortly after I did Dancing with the Stars the first time for season five, and uh Mark and I hosted a New Year's Eve party that we stopped through LA and it was a big up place. So a lot of our friends got to come, a lot of my friends from Orange County got to come up. And it was just really fun for me to have, like, you know, kind of my work friends and I have friends that I've grown up with, and so much of us having such a good time. And the vibe was good and John Mark and Derek's band played a little bit that was back when they did Balas Huff.
Speaker 2: Band, there was only there's a there was they had a band.
Speaker 1: You didn't know about ballist Huff.
Speaker 2: Band't know about Dancing with the Stars until like a month ago.
Speaker 1: So yes, keep in mind when I did this season, that was Mark and Derek's first season, season five, they had just moved back. Well, yes, they grew up together. Shirley mar Mark's mom had gone to that studio in Utah where Julianne and Derek grew up. A lot of the Whitney Carson Jenna, like all of them really grew up at this dance studio there, and they would bring Shirley in for training. And during that time is when she met Derek and Julianne and they were both already Latin dancers. And somehow I don't know exactly the story, but that's when Mark and Julianne became partners. And then they came they moved Julianne and and and Derek moved in with the ballasts in London. So that's their their whole their story. So anyway, that's where Derek and Julianne grew up for the remainder of that time until they came in again, like she was in her teens, I think sixteen or something like that. Mark and Derek came to La to do Dancing with the Stars and they had already had a band that they were doing a lot of shows with back in England, and then they moved their band out here. They got a record deal and they were working on an album and they worked and did some big performances and stuff. Anyway, they performed at this New Year's Eve party, and I just remember it was such a fun time. As you know, and you've watched Danielle coming out of a season is like and you know, going on tour and like extending not just your time on the television series, getting to get a whole tour out of it and continue to dancing after you've just fallen in love with this style of dance was so fun. It was such an epic time of my life that I was doing this whole new world in the industry that I hadn't done before. And again having the co operation of my friends and then my work friends all at one place and ringing in the New Year was just.
Speaker 2: That's cool, so fun.
Speaker 1: So's fuol.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: You probably were at some like crazy exotic place or something for New Years.
Speaker 2: I've done some cool stuff.
Speaker 3: I think the one that that pops out the most is I did Susan and I did New Year's twenty twenty in Amsterdam, and they do it they I mean, it's like it's it's scary a little bit, frankly, because kind of like every street becomes a bonfire and then you can light off fireworks anywhere, so you'll just be walking through a crowd and somebody will just be throwing firework and like everything's exploding.
Speaker 2: It's really crazy. Oh my gosh, it's really crazy. But it was a ton of fun. It's cold. We went out to a great dinner.
Speaker 3: We got all dressed up, we went out to a nice dinner and then we ended up in you know, this really cool old school bar from you know, the sixteen hundreds kind of thing, and everybody singing and wishing each other Happy New Year and never they was just very memorable.
Speaker 1: Yew years now.
Speaker 3: Only that that because it was January twenty twenty. So by February March fool, the pandemic hid pandemic, everything was shut down. So we I mean we literally were like just gotten it on a wire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so but we had it. That was that was a wonderful time.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's si like knowing because you know Amsterdam so well from living there? No in Amsterdam. Do you think it's gone back and reverted back to that awesome kind of New Year's changed? I hope someone's been there in a pandemic.
Speaker 2: I haven't been there in.
Speaker 3: A while, so I hope it. That was last time I was there is twenty twenty, so I hope it has. But I mean there's times you're walking and there's just like an explosion near you and you're like, whoa, Like somebody just chucked in a big thing of fireworks.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That sope.
Speaker 3: But we had We had so much fun and we were so funny because we're actually there. And Peyton Meyer from Girl Meets World Here is also in Amsterdam with his friends at the time, and we end up hitting each other up and just like see each other and hanging out in the middle of Amsterdam right around New Year.
Speaker 2: So it's it's one of those places. It just amsteam just brings people together.
Speaker 3: And it was also cold, and again, I living in southern California for thirty five years. I'm just it's obviously beautiful weather, and I'd get that it's beautiful weather, but there's certain times of the year that should be cold. You know, it should be cold at New Year's it should be cold at Christmas. So going home or going to a place where you get that kind of weather U is pretty wonderful.
Speaker 2: So yes, see, now.
Speaker 1: This year, after we had so much rain, we're thinking, oh, it's like we're turning into the cold. We're going to have a cold December. And then it hits that second week of December. We're back into the eighties.
Speaker 2: And you're like, this be as yep. So given people.
Speaker 1: Who have grown up as I have in Orange County or southern California, it is so frustrating. We want the cold. We have great weather all year round, and I just wish at least for the month of December and January. Month months of December and January we felt the like sweaters, hot coco, you know, just cozy, cozy, and we're not.
Speaker 2: We're like, ugh, no, yeah, it's the same.
Speaker 3: I've been here thirty five years now and just you're just used to it. It's just I'm just used to the weather, but man, it's nice to have some cold. But whatever you're doing on New Year's be safe, have fun, enjoy yourself, try to remember the good parts about the last year. And there's always bad parts about the last year too, and you learn what you can and you move forward. And we're looking forward to twenty twenty six. Twenty twenty five, you know, has had some like any year has had some bright spots, has had some horrible spots.
Speaker 2: It's just it's life. So there's something nice nobody have.
Speaker 1: The highlights for me have been with Magical Rewinds.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 1: No, yes, in the interview with Kenny Ortega was incredible, all right, recording from Disneyland. You know how big of a Disney person I am.
Speaker 2: I just was.
Speaker 1: That was magical. And then you know, being able to for me, being able to be at the Zombies four premiere, and yeah, the press Junket. Getting to be a part of the Press junk It was like a dream. It was so crazy. Some of the best highlights of twenty five was for Magical rewind I.
Speaker 2: Will say, first of all, that's awesome. I will also say, especially with holidays, almost nobody does the holidays like Disney.
Speaker 3: I know, what doesn't even matter whether it's Halloween or it's New Year's Eve, or it's Christmas or whatever kind of nobody does the holidays like Disney. So if you could you know when we were at the park and it's all decked out for Christmas, when the Christmas parade and Santa comes by, it's really magical.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this has been a wonderful year.
Speaker 3: But just everybody, please be safe, have fun, kiss the ones you love, get some sleep, and we're all gonna start twenty twenty six fresh as a daisy. Thanks everybody, and we will see you well next year.
Speaker 1: In the New Year.
Speaker 2: Bye.