Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and iHeart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi we're back. Wah wah wah.
Speaker 3: We've got a mouthfi depression.
Speaker 2: One million percent.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a I was telling you on the plane, where it just feels it was so much anticipation, you know, the wedding and the honeymoon and and just I mean all of it, and then so then when it's just done, it just feels kind of like in a way and not not depressed, but just like a bummer.
Speaker 2: But it's all done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then we'll come back to clothes. Yes, four or five days as well, which doesn't help, No, not at all.
Speaker 4: It's been so cloudy and I mean the sun is not peaked out yet in like five days. So it's just adding to the jet lag the tiredness. And we haven't really been able to connect from being back either.
Speaker 5: No, I've went from spending every single minute with each other too, arrived back with the kids to deal with romans jet like.
Speaker 3: He's new tooth coming through.
Speaker 5: And I was in Chicago yesterday, So I feel like I've not seen you for four days.
Speaker 4: I mean, we really haven't because we've been so tired too. By the time we go to bed, it's eight o'clock and we're like, we're exhausted, and just you know, unpacking everything and just getting trying to get back into the rhythm of things has been I think a little difficult.
Speaker 2: For real least.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And there's also so I think I mentioned that when we were in Italy that you know, when you go somewhere and then you're in it, so you sometimes don't appreciate it or and then when you come back you think, but you think back and you reflect, you think that was so special. I think this has been even more difficult because we realized during the honeymoon how incredible and special a place it wasn't how incredible a time.
Speaker 3: It was together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I think the anticiap it's not even.
Speaker 3: I don't want to call it.
Speaker 5: It's like a cloud the word depression, yeah, either because it's a strong word. Yeah, but that cloud. Now that we're okay, we've had to leave that special place in our special honeymoon and reality jetlag, screaming kids, teething problems, but it was the most amazing experience ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I mean it's true though, what you said, because I feel like a lot of times. And I know in past trips that I've taken, I don't really soak it in, but I mean every moment was soaked in. It was and we were grateful for every moment, every meal, every every piece of every piece of the cacha, every you know, I mean the gelato. I still I mean the amount of sounds that I made eating the food, Like last week, if I.
Speaker 5: Could have put gelato on for caca, well it's with some pasta on.
Speaker 4: I know, it's it's crazy too because the food there I'm not eat pretty we both eat very good. I'm pretty much gluten free, pretty much dairy free minus like the random you know, cheat days. But in Italy I was like, you know, I'm just I'm not going to care. I'm just going to eat whatever I want to eat. And it's totally fine. How I came back five pounds less because fills. I know that's I want to move to Italy now because of that, because I've never enjoyed my life more eating all those carbs. I mean, we had we had bread at every meal, with pasta, with pizza with the katcha, then followed by ice cream, and I had the flattest stomach ever, and I was happy eating all that food. It's crazy and I come back here and I'm like, I'm my gut hurts again. I've had skin problems like my two weeks away did like wonders for my just everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've Capri and a maufy coast must be one of the most famous locations for fresh food in the quality of food.
Speaker 3: Italy in general with food and wine is world renowned, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: But that particular part of the country is like it's almost on like a different level from anything else in terms of how special it is and the quality of everything, like even like the color of the ocean, like and how it contrasts with the cliffs. And it's just the whole place is the whole place is just like heaven on Earth.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 4: And I think that's why. I mean, you've known me for a couple of years now, When have I ever wanted to stay longer on a trip? Usually it's how soon can we get out?
Speaker 3: How can we change our flight to get away earlier?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Normally what you do always because I want to get back to the kids, or I want to take the earlier flight, or I just want to get out and I wanted to stay.
Speaker 2: I mean I was crying.
Speaker 5: Cried the night before, You cried on the boat the Naples, you cried on the transfer to the airport.
Speaker 3: You try you cry in the airport.
Speaker 4: Because it was truly the most magical special time spent with you. I mean it was a week of just soaking up every of everything and just having such I mean we had the most beautiful time personally together too, just all the laughs we had and just the connection. And I don't think there was one thing like, Okay, so let's well, we'll we'll chat with because the girls are going to come burst this wedding post wedding suite in a little bit a few minutes actually, so I guess before they come, what's like a moment for you that was the most special.
Speaker 3: The most special moment. So there's a couple. But I for I have to really.
Speaker 5: If I really to define the whole trip, Like I knew the first hotel in Ravelo, the Belmont Curuso. I knew that it's sitting at the infinity Pool where you can you almost feel that you're in the mountains, but you can see the ocean and you're so high up. I can't remember. I can't remember how many thousand feet up were, but it's almost but it's almost like it gives you the peace and tranquility just to reflect and plan ahead. And that's not very often, I know what I'm like, I'm always going from one thing to the next. But it was almost like I could sit there and capture the mountains and capture the ocean, capture a vision of the rest of our lives together. So for me being able to have that vision every day at the pool and just like and I knew I would reflect on that. Okay, we were in the boat and we were in the ocean, and we jumped in the ocean, and as incredible as it was, but being that high and having the mountains in the ocean, just being able to like, okay, I can actually see the future.
Speaker 3: I can't see the future, but.
Speaker 4: I was like, tell me more, what's happening in our future?
Speaker 5: But that that was like a really special moment. And then there was times where we would share those moments together, on times where you would go on your own and look at the the view and I would go on my own. And so I think for me that that vision of the mountains and the ocean together being so high up was and you need to people listen to this and be like, well, I don't understand what it means. You have to be there to experience it.
Speaker 4: It's almost like when I was in Ireland at the Cliffs of Moair, it was like, you can't A picture doesn't do an injustice. Like we can show a photo of this beautiful scenery that we're talking about, but to feel what we felt there, it's like you have to just be there to see it, you know. That's how always say too, Like when I talk about the cliffs, I'm like, it's the most magical thing. Like it's like a photo. Pictures don't do it justice. Like evenh we were taking photos, we kept saying, this just doesn't do it justice. Like take look at our photos on Instagram and then multiply it by a million, and that's like how it is there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hear you, and yours.
Speaker 2: For the honeymoon, I would say, I.
Speaker 3: Thought we were only talking about the honeymoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's okay, you know, I mean, yeah, well we've kind of gone backwards, but we'll go We'll start the wedding recap with when the girls come. But for the honeymoon, I I mean, I definitely agree with you. Just staring out and having so many moments where I just kept saying thank you, thank you to God, thank you to my Grandpa's thank you to just like how life has changed in a way that I never thought it would and how beautiful life is. And it's just I just kept being just so many moments of thankfulness. Just I just kept saying thank you over and over, like thank you for this, like thank you for this road that I would have never even known was a possible road to walk down. So I think those moments were just really like beautiful. And then to have you walking down those roads with me, you know, it's just like it's just a I don't know, it just was like a very sentimental yet and then having this experience. I've never had a honeymoon. We've got to experience this together and it's just beautiful.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the wedding, what was your favorite moment?
Speaker 4: I feel like we need the girls to kind of recap everything first and then I'll tell my favorite moment from there because it was not as expected. You know what, why don't we just take a break and then we'll get.
Speaker 2: The girls on. Okay, the girls are here.
Speaker 4: We so we were just talking about the honeymoon and just kind of how we've come back and it's been really gloomy here. It's been hard to kind of get in the the rhythm of jet lag, wanting to sleep all day, wanting to know not or not being able to sleep, Like, isn't that it's gloomy?
Speaker 2: And ye waking up at like the.
Speaker 4: Tan Russells are here Italian sun Kissed Russells party too. Well, that's what we were saying. I'm like, I've I want to go back to Italy, like yesterday it was the most magical time we've ever ever ever, So should we recap the rest of the honeymoon or should we.
Speaker 2: Start from the beginning.
Speaker 3: Well, it depends for the girls want to hear about the honeymoon or not.
Speaker 2: Well. I actually facetimed in on the honeymoon, you too, I did. I felt like we all lived together for like four days and it was like ooh, I just felt like very like college, and all of a sudden, everybody went their own way and I was like, well, this doesn't feel cozy, And I was like, Hi, what you doing? And where was I laying in a chair looking gorgeous in the sun. It was wonderful.
Speaker 3: Face colored and for catcha crumbs.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, so then we'll just start with the honeymoon then, so for those that because they wanted to know, you know, where we went. So we went to Ravello. So I originally really wanted to do post Aitana because I under the Tescan Son is one of my favorite movies. I wanted to do Tescany in Positano, and uh, we start. I've never worked with the travel agent before, but we got her information and I'm like, you know what, we should probably hire someone because I don't know anything or like what that area and you were we weren't really.
Speaker 3: Like not being testly, but I've never been to Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: We just wanted someone that had like the knowledge of where we were going. And she was like, you do not want to go to post Aitana in July. And I'm so glad that we talked to her because we almost booked six nights in Postana. Remember, there was like, oh, there's a honeymoon, sweet deal. I'm just going to book it at this hotel thing. It was called Hotel Poseidon and She's like, if you want something relaxing, you do not want to go to Postana. It's hot, there's a ton of people, and I'm like, everyone says how much they love it though, And then we.
Speaker 3: Went and we had also a bit strange.
Speaker 5: We are so strange, intend not to like the things that everyone else likes.
Speaker 4: But the fact that we both are the same is great. That's what we said over pizza.
Speaker 1: So you like a lot of people, No, that's I think where they're going. They did not like a lot of people.
Speaker 5: We went to Positive Tunnel, so the Mouthi Coast, the most famous part of their Maufi Coast is probably Positive Tunnel degree.
Speaker 2: I agree, well, my knowledge of it.
Speaker 3: The most widely recognized place. Millions of people.
Speaker 5: Either we go there and we're like, we say to the driver, okay, well give us two hours and we'll be back. We got there, I hadn't even driven through it, like we might be back here in forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I instantly felt my throat clothes. When we got out of the car.
Speaker 2: I was like, so are you going to stay here in this area because there's just people everywhere, right.
Speaker 3: But it's so steep for the he crowded, and so.
Speaker 4: I knew that once we're going down, we're going to have to come up with all these people too. And I mean there's just and it was hot. It was like one hundred degrees and so and you're in these like crowded little streets going down and I'm like, I just thinking we're going to have to go up and this is not going to be good. And he even looked at me and he was like, are you okay? Are you are you feeling claustrophobic? But I didn't want to say yes, even though my whole body was.
Speaker 5: Like the telltale sign was Our plan was okay, go walk around for a little bit, get a pizza, and then go back. We got we got to the pizza restaurant and she's like, can we get this.
Speaker 3: To go.
Speaker 5: Just calmed down by the ocean. But even then it wasn't like we were looking onto the ocean.
Speaker 3: It was so crowded.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know when you see those images from like of beaches in the fifties and sixties and they're just rammed with people, And that's what that's what it was like, wasn't it. Yeah, it was almost like a step back in time. With this, loads and loads of people in a small area. But we had we stayed strong.
Speaker 2: Instant, we did it.
Speaker 3: We had a pizza and we walked back.
Speaker 2: And he only returned the pizza once for too much cheese.
Speaker 1: As much as say, how do you even eat pizza?
Speaker 2: It's a huge tomato fan too, right, so like, oh you do? So do you do?
Speaker 4: Put?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like the tint but of mozzarella?
Speaker 4: She would. I took a video and you'll say there's some zero's on that. The guy's like less and I'm like he means less, like like nothing, Just put like one literally.
Speaker 2: To make it an official pizza. So one little shred.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But we stayed in Ravello for three nights and it was the biggest blessing because it was so peaceful and quiet, and the little town in Ravela was adorable. We would walk down there and get gelato and it was just it was not swarmed with a bunch of people. You can still go to post Atano and do all those things on a day trip if you want, but I'm glad that we did not stay there. How far is the drive if you do that, like ai ftew minutes?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, yeah, So it's like, I have a drive is geographical reference in my brain? Wear anything crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're going to want to hire a car? Yeah, yeah, because there's just I wanted to take a scooter.
Speaker 2: O god, that would have been amazing.
Speaker 4: Desk and he said no, and I'm we actually met someone in Capri that their scooter brakes didn't work, and so she was all red, like, I mean he fell off.
Speaker 2: That's too terrifying. Yeah, and he's like, thank goodness. My wife was like yeah.
Speaker 4: So then we left Ravello. We did a boat trip from Ravello to Capri as they call it, and that was a magical day. And it was funny because what was the first thing he said, got on the boat?
Speaker 2: Are there any shot about our driver? Say yes, make oh lord joined and it's like a welcome aboard on the way he did me too obvious.
Speaker 4: Otherwise it was pretty funny that we said it. He's like, should you thank Mike for driving us around? But the boat trip was so beautiful. We went just you two on the boat. It was just us too. He took us around to just different caves and.
Speaker 2: Hey, are you guys, I forget this? Are you big? Like water ocean people? Like in the water. Like I'm a solid beach goer and I love to be on a boat and look at water, but I don't like to be in.
Speaker 4: I will jump in the middle of the ocean. Okay, he was more, I will jump in at the course.
Speaker 3: I don't like. I don't like not knowing what's underneath me.
Speaker 2: Same human Okay, I wondered.
Speaker 3: I jumped on the course of the courst.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And where we differ as I had a noodle because I'm not the.
Speaker 6: Strongest swimming in the middle of the with a night that I was going to be my next question.
Speaker 2: They call it posita because it is Italy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there was one place I didn't use the noodle in that beach club because no one else was and I was like, well, I can't be the.
Speaker 3: Only one ten feet from the rocks.
Speaker 2: True. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But we got to Capri and that was it. We had to we had to switch our mindset a little bit because it was a different vibe.
Speaker 3: Hotel was beautiful, Yeah, lovely, this little small boutique. It was like if Ralph Laurn made the hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super cute.
Speaker 4: Our room, though, was above a public beach, so like you can hear kids screaming from like in your room.
Speaker 2: So it's just like you had. I had to go a little taste at home.
Speaker 4: But I had a little moment of like, oh wait, wait, this is not peaceful to me.
Speaker 2: And we had a little tell us what those eyebrows me? And Alan? I want to hear his version. Yeah, I mean I almost feel like we need a little Alan Russell run down something good.
Speaker 5: But I think it'd been edited until that point. And we were in a tranquil spot in the mountains.
Speaker 2: I mean the mouse tranquill.
Speaker 5: And we didn't know that Capria was going to be slightly different, although very classy and and nice. But the beach and to be fair, the first night was the noisiest night.
Speaker 4: But I mean we have a balcony on the beach and at ten thirty at night, they're having a party at the beach and so it just wasn't we can't we couldn't even use our balcony because it was just it was so loud. It was was not relaxing.
Speaker 5: So it'd be polite, yeah, I mean, you just didn't feel at peace. So we were thinking, did we change hotels? We did we do this that? But we I wasn't too bothered by it, but you were more bothered than I was. But we managed to come to a solution where we blocked out the noise.
Speaker 3: And we stayed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the last thing I want to do is move. I just had to change my mindset.
Speaker 2: Well. Also, like I would say this objectively, and I think a lot of people listening would feel this way, like you've planned this like once in a lifetime trip and you're.
Speaker 4: Spending a lot of money ocean balcony view that I'm not now using because it's so loud and crazy.
Speaker 2: I had a similar experience when we checked into our hotel at Scotland. Actually, oh really yeah, okay, I had a moment uh huh where I was like, no, no, no, no, this is one in the lifetime right right, yeah, so you can kind of see, yeah, I'm like, this is not what was described.
Speaker 4: Sure, and I might have changed a room or had a different room if it was like if I knew it was right above a public beach. And now that I looked at reviews, I'm not the only one. I had an issue with that room.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, and really it wasn't an issue. No. The next two nights will actually fairly quiet, and we relaxed.
Speaker 4: Then I just had to change my mindset to going, Okay, now we're in a different place, it's a little more lively, and let's go out and let's you know, because like when are we really in the rooms anyways? Minus So I'm like, Okay, instead of going back to the room and having a chill, let's go out and get a drink in town or let you know. So it's like, let's change the vibe, which we did and we we rocked it with that, and I fell in love.
Speaker 3: With Capri and the hotel was amazing.
Speaker 4: They were so sweet. Yeah yeah, and ended up and I would go back there with the different.
Speaker 3: Room pretty sure. The stuff he is, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Sure if you're welcome back, but you wouldn't go back and wait, there are other different rooms that aren't.
Speaker 4: There's like farther away rooms from the actual and it was a private on the beach with their higher so like the rooms would be little. So we're like right there, got it, that makes sense, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like it's there's a.
Speaker 4: Higher room a little bit more over where there's not as much.
Speaker 2: Noise, just a lively public beach. Yeah, interesting until late right, that's Grandma's do you agree with that?
Speaker 5: Changes and put us into the penthouse. But our room was actually better than the penthouse. So we're like, no, we'll leave it. Yeah, but she can put your plugs in, we'll be good.
Speaker 2: I did, and I did. I put my air plugs in.
Speaker 4: So I think having said all of that, it was like so beautiful. I tried to stay longer you did.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: I called the airlines to see and they were like that I know, that's what I was saying.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm a little shot.
Speaker 3: Thought.
Speaker 1: When all the flight stuff was happening, I was like, she changed her flight sooner, that's what you usually did.
Speaker 4: Tried and they're like it will be this much, and I was like no, so and then we almost missed our flight or we still don't have our bags, but it.
Speaker 2: Was still don't know no, wow.
Speaker 4: No, I did go get in a razor because finally I was like, I have to shave. It's been no a week.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. So did you ever have your bags? We did.
Speaker 4: So the problem was is we went from Naples to oh sorry we were We had to stop because we had to go obviously, go pick up the meatball. So this is one of the questions on Instagram is howd the kids get home? So Jolie and Jase flew with my.
Speaker 3: Heard the kids go home.
Speaker 2: It's a fair.
Speaker 4: Question, Okay, so some people really like logistics. Yeah, and I logistically handled it well. So I flew because we knew we wanted to go to Italy post but we didn't want to have to all fly back to then fly back. So we had Joli and Jase fly home with my dad and his wife, and then they spent some time in Michigan. I then flew Mike up to Michigan to get the kids. A few days later. Mike then flew them back and then Roman stayed in Scotland with Alan's mom and dad, and so we had to then after Italy go back to Glasgow to go pick up via Frankfurt and Edinburgh. So at Edinburgh I learned the same Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we've all are just Edinburgh corrected American this wedding Edinburgh. Uh.
Speaker 4: So then we were leaving h Naples and it's a matt house at that Naples airport.
Speaker 2: There's so many people, it was so small.
Speaker 4: They were lovely though, because I was that frantic person every time it kept getting delayed. I'm like, we have a connection and it's not that long. Do you think we'll make it. She's like, you'll be fine, You'll be fine, Like, you'll be absolutely fine. And then it delayed even more and she's like, you're not gonna make it, You're fine, And I'm like, because at this point I knew there was then now no options to get home. It was going to be like Thursday or Friday to get us on like and it would be like a massive change because it's some different airlines or whatever. So we would have had to it would have been it would have been crazy. Anyways, So we land and the I will say the fledgends were lovely in Frankfurt because they knew that we had we were the only ones that had that the type the connection. Yeah, So we landed in Frankfort at the time our other flight was taking off. And at this point I've already processed where we've missed it, and I've already processed that we're going to most likely have to take a flight to where.
Speaker 3: At this point you've deviated to wolst case scenarios.
Speaker 4: Well, because the flight was taking off was always a chance. Come on, you knew that flight no no before this though, like we knew we were taking off and it was still on time.
Speaker 5: But the captain dead states is, don't make any assumptions until we get on the air and we can update you.
Speaker 1: Right that captain should write as if is going to listen, don't make any assumption.
Speaker 4: Other flight was still on time, and he said the flight our time is going to be this many hours. So we were landing at the time our other flight was taking off. So would you not assume you're going to miss that flight?
Speaker 3: I feel.
Speaker 5: If I thought we were going to miss a flight, I wouldn't have sprinted Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well obviously because it went okay.
Speaker 4: Anyways, so we're having a couples intensive. Well yeah, because I'm like, we clearly had missed we were missing that flight. So I had already processed we're missing that flight. The only there was like two options. We either got a flight from from Frankfort to Manchester was that it, and then drive to Scotland, getting in at like two am, then getting the meatball and then getting on our eight am eight thirty flight.
Speaker 2: I traveled the same way though, like I would rather just go Okay, if it happens, we have a plan, and if we can catch it, excellent, But most likely my brain was like there's no possible way, right, Like we are literally landing when it takes off. So while we're taking off, we get a notification that our flight is thirty minutes delayed, and I'm like, I've already in my brain again processed I've missed this flight. Don't do this to me, because the worst feeling.
Speaker 4: In the world is running to an airplane gate and then you're seeing your plane and telling and then them telling you you can't get on, like then having that feeling of like missing that flight, I was just like I don't I don't want to, Like, I just I can't deal with that. So when we landed in Frankfurt, the sweet guy and girl that were like, hey, so your plane has not taken off yet and they haven't started boarding yet, so run and we I could have like split up blood I ran.
Speaker 2: I was so out of shape that too, like eating pizza, car overload, like gelato, really regretting a lot of those choices.
Speaker 4: I stopped and was like I'm in a puke and we ran and we made it, but our bags didn't.
Speaker 5: Love story shortcase, so that's that suitcases didn't.
Speaker 4: But long story short and made the flight and that's the logistics. We got meatball then when and then went from Glasgow to London, London then too Nashville. So we've made it home. But how about we take a break and then let's start from the beginning. Okay, So where do we even start?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, probably the.
Speaker 4: Travel too, Yeah, okay, because no one knows that piece of it. So I was telling my therapist the other day. I was like, what part do you want to hear first, the good or the bad?
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 4: She was like, I want to hear it all, and I want you to share as much as you want to share.
Speaker 2: Response.
Speaker 4: It's a great theramist, tell me more and because we know too. Like when I was talking to her, I said, one of my biggest things was, you know, I just I want it to be perfect and I'm afraid and like, what if people get sick or.
Speaker 2: You know, what if they do? Cramer, what if they do?
Speaker 4: And so but I was like, I'm they're fine, I'm I've you know, I got pumped with IV's a couple of times I've been filling the kids up with stuff like everything's going to be great. The flight was seamless, they were amazing. A last minute I upgraded and I'm so glad we did. It just made me feel better and everyone got to sleep. The kiddos slept great, Romans slept. We did not, but that's fine.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then we land in Scotland and I'm not again, I will not. This is not your this is not your dad's fault. I'm just going to start.
Speaker 2: I'm going to start nothing. No, nothing starts a healthy argument, quite like, I just want to say at all.
Speaker 4: I just want to say it's not though, because it's not. It wasn't solely him that was coughing. There was people coughing.
Speaker 2: On I mean a lot of people cough.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of people coughing on the airplane to exactly Glasgo. There was a lot of people coughing at the airport waiting like that one lady that was like, Joelie, please go stand over there because I'm like, and I'm very conscious of a cough right because i just don't want the kids to get sick at this point, because I've done such a good job trying to keep everyone.
Speaker 3: Healthy, conscious of power, anod both.
Speaker 2: Equally equally will own. So we.
Speaker 4: Sendy just a lot of people cough they do like they exactly a lot of people is a human thing. Yes, and your dad does cough a lot like I feel like old older people, like they have a lingering cough all the time.
Speaker 2: He does, right, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a little something different to this coough when I got into the car, so we had a little Europeans don't believe in big cars, so we had to take two cars to your parents' house or to the where we were, to your aunt's house where we were staying, and there was you know, we're just having some delays or whatever. So I was like, well, I got to go home and feed, I got to go get roman fed. And everyone just kind of situated. So why don't I take the kids with your dad when some of the luggage and then you meet us there. So then we take it the thirty minute trip with your dad and he is, i mean hawking up along and I was just like, oh, Julie, did you say it's hot in here?
Speaker 3: Honey?
Speaker 4: So I'm like just like and in my mind I was like, oh, dear God, please know. Like, but then I'm thinking it's fine, it's all good. And then your dad says that he has a fever like the next day, and again, I'm not putting this on your dad whatsoever, because I think there are so many chances that they could have gotten it from anybody else.
Speaker 2: Having said that, the next.
Speaker 4: Day, I heard it from Jolie and I was like, oh, here we go. And then one hundred and four fevers later, all three kids were sick. Yeah, and uh with they had croup and COVID.
Speaker 2: COVID.
Speaker 4: Well, my dad tested positive and my mom after they were with the kids, so I'm pretty sure it was COVID.
Speaker 2: Oh they both got Wow. So I'm pretty sure. So everyone, And how are you feeling, Katie?
Speaker 4: I feel great, and I does negative and I feel excited. Okay, So it was the I mean, I will say here and this is what I kind of told my therapist. I said, as I look back, it was the kids were coming in in the middle of the night, suffering to breathe because they had that croup, wheezing. We were able to just get some of the things that we knew that we needed for them.
Speaker 3: You got creative we got.
Speaker 4: Creative with getting some things like I knew they needed like albutle and hailers and all that and some antibiotics and but it it was difficult because you know, they were sick, and a piece of me was I still wanted them to make awesome memories. So when we went to that one castle, I mean, they were running one hundred and three fevers, but we you know, gave them. We were rotating between tyle and hall and motrin, and when they were feeling up to it, I'm like, and their fevers broke for a few hours. I was like, all right, let's go, and they wanted to you know, like there was moments of times when they.
Speaker 5: Well there's nothing, That's what I said to you, there's nothing that would have really changed. They just said it not feeling as good as they should have felt.
Speaker 2: I know, but that broke my heart. Is like it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Stolen Castle has been quarantined for two weeks now, no one else has been allowed.
Speaker 2: Then is that true?
Speaker 3: It's been quarantined stolen Castle?
Speaker 2: Oh stop it. Like I didn't even understand that one right now. I fell for it.
Speaker 4: No, But I mean, like I still like got them out because I just when they were still you know, they they wanted to too, Like we didn't go to Edinburgh with you guys because I was like that would be too much of a journey for them feeling sick. I always think, is Yeah, So like, you know, we did the zoo thing, which we were in the car for and you know, we weren't around a bunch of people, and the Stirling Castle was outside, and so we did things that and that was the day they were really bad. Was that Wednesday? Uh but and then Thursday, but I mean all three of them. And Thursday that's when Roman spiked his really high fever of one of four. And it was just that piece was so stressful and I regret at that moment not having help because it was just us and in the middle of the night, you know, it's I'm wanting all of us to get sleep, and now I'm not getting sleep because now I have anxiety that I'm going to get sick and I'm going to be sick for the big wedding day and then the honeymoon. And so I then became like this insomniac for the rest of the vacation because I just would wake up with anxiety and then like a pool of sweat that one morning. That one night I asked a like, I need to go because I took ivermect him.
Speaker 3: You took I woke up.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was like clammy and sweating like profusely. I was like in a puddle. I don't know if I was like cleansing like cause, because at that point I texted Nate and said, Okay, I have like this medical emergency kit with me. What can I take in here to like help me not get sick, you know? And he was just like, if you have ivermectin, take it. So I took one. And then that night I woke up in like a puddle of sweat. I was cold, I was clammy. It freaked me out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but anxiety can make you.
Speaker 4: For sure, and it might have been that too, but I've never woken up in a puddle of sweat. And I continued that for like four days. And so that was that was the piece of the trip that I felt bad for the kids. They weren't feeling good. But again, looking back, like they don't they don't remember that. They remember the castles, they remember, you know, all the fun stuff. I just it was so stressful because when everyone was checking into the castle on Thursday, I was like constantly, you know, making sure that the kids are okay and taking temperatures and doing id beprofen than talent, all the medicine and this and that, and then making sure like they're good. And then I'm like, all right, well, you know now I need to Like when you guys were playing that game night that night, I'm like, I would have loved to have stayed and done that, but I'm like, I need to try to get some sleep because I know that sleep is going to help me stay healthy.
Speaker 2: And and for reference, thursdays when we check in and Saturday's the wedding. Yeah, so this isn't like you have like a lot of days to right run the risk or yeah, and not having that help was too hard, like we I mean it was, I thought it was.
Speaker 4: That's the one regret that I have is not bringing help to help us.
Speaker 2: Do you agree? Disagree? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: I mean up with being easier?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I think we managed, but who knew like that the kids were going to get sick, you know, I just I felt so bad for that.
Speaker 2: I also think no matter what. Kids just want their parents. So even if you had, specially when they're sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think more like not that I wouldn't help them when they were sick, but like that way, like I could have enjoyed even just like sure everything more, you know, and just you know, for example, the Thursday to actually eat dinner instead of being feeding Rome, you know what I mean, like just having like, hey can you feed Roman?
Speaker 2: Someone feed Roman?
Speaker 4: Yeah, instead of okay, and then in the middle leaving the group of dinner going to bathe Roman, you know right right, stuff like that, Yeah, would have been a little bit more helpful having.
Speaker 2: Trying to relieve you from here when I have to say your kids were troopers for being sick, Yeah, I mean they were. Yeah, nobody was in such great spirits.
Speaker 1: I was like, my kids are not, like they're more down and out, Like I was very impressed with how well they handled everything and being sick, like I thought.
Speaker 2: Melt down. I thought they were graving. Yeah, I mean we did a good job.
Speaker 4: I think keeping them on like that's huge, the ibuprofens than tile and also.
Speaker 2: That when they go down, yeah, where's off?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean they were angels. But that just that piece just made me so sad. Because I was telling her Amy yesterday in therapy. I'm like, she's like what is She's like, what's the problem that they were Like, why is it such a big deal that they were sick? I was like, because I just want them to have the best memories. And she's just like, they did have great memories. Like kids aren't going to remember that they were sick. They're going to remember the castle or that mommy and Alan got married and then they were a flower girl, and so she's like that's what they're going to remember. It all came back on like me though, because I'm like, well I didn't have the best memories. She's like, this is about you then.
Speaker 2: Not about your kids. Yeah you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was like I know, which is why I've come back now. And we've made a memory.
Speaker 2: Wall in our room of all the fun memories. So like these were fun memories, right, because I just think that's all Like we aim for excellence. There's also like the standard we set in our brain when we spend so much money or we plan so much in advance, like the expectation, Yeah, that is like a fair letdown to like for it to not be like seamless. Hm. But I also think it's like you'll look back, even probably already and go like, we teamworked so well and that's really like I love when people celebrate a marriage over a wedding, and I feel like, you guys married well even in the wedding week.
Speaker 4: Well so, And I'll say that too, like because he was even saying when we were there, like, You're like, this has been so stressful the leading up to the honeymoon, I'm sorry leading up to the wedding, and I just kept saying, I'm like, but this is what it is, you know, Like we have to be on somewhat of a schedule with Roman and we have to you know, but we managed to do it and we still had fun even though they were sick, and that was important to me, like going, Okay, it's not perfect. How do we still steal moments of joy out of this? As a guest, where are you smiling?
Speaker 5: No, You're right, Like I think the first couple of days we tried to squeeze too much. And also and like I said, let's just stop doing things to tick a box and actually just take the time and experience them. And if Roman doesn't go to bed when he's supposed to go to bed, then it's fine. You will go to bed thirty minutes later or forty minutes later. The schedules were all messed up anyway, So I think in the end up we did a good job of not just ticking boxes. We did a lot, but actually were present when we did them and enjoyed them and still kept them on a schedule.
Speaker 3: So all worked out.
Speaker 5: It was stressful because the ill and you're in someone else's house as well. You don't have your own space. Like my aunt's house is a big house and it's it's a really nice place, but if you've got three kids and someone else's house, you're almost like they're putting up with us rather than hosting us.
Speaker 2: Do you know that?
Speaker 3: Oh they were amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel that way, though I don't stay well with you.
Speaker 5: So that was that was more from my side of, yeah, we don't have our own space to deal with the kids being sick, and would envy that someone's house and everyone's sick, So it was more of a like, it's more like, just get me out of here, let's just go somewhere. But we're on we're own, we can isolate the kids. But it was fine because they were amazing.
Speaker 2: They were truly amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it all walked out and then when we got to we got to the castle, it was it was perfect.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's what I was telling Amy too. I was like, the only thing that I could say about the trip was, you know, I feeling terrible that the kids were not feeling well, But once we got into the castle, I just felt like it was from my point of view, Yes, there were moments where I said it to her, like I wish I was more present in certain areas, like you know, being able to stay and do the game with you guys at night time, and I wish, I wish I let my brain. I wish I was able to sleep. Like that insomnia thing really mess with me because I would literally get up at two in the morning and toss and turn pretty much cry until five in the morning, and then sleep for another two to three hours. And it was when he was a missed. I was like, I want to sleep. It was the first time I've ever dealt with them like I've never experienced like wanting to go to sleep but can't go to sleep. I also just need to mention this because it's really worth mentioning. Like you just had a baby, not really, but like according to like science and our bodies, like you still have a there's like an underlying level of like that anxiety. There's still too, like you're not completely leveled out either. So add all those things pleasure getting married, and you spent all this money and all this time and all this planning, and you want it to be magical, like I would be the same way that stuff all sneaks in, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted it to be perfect.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I've waited so long for this, like fairy tale, and it's it's here, and I'm afraid like that it's going to just be terrible or every everyone's going to be just sick. And meanwhile your guests are like living I know. But like I said to Amy, like the we had them, it was the most magic coal time ever, you guys, the group of people you moved.
Speaker 2: Into estates, I loved it. Like I will say, I was a little nervous. I just don't do well living with people that I don't make or marry, and so I thought, I'm not so sure about this, Like whole real world takes over Scotland moment that we're about to have so much fun. So like you, guys, and I've always said this about you, truly to everybody, but like you have this way of collecting human beings and making it so fun, Like you've collected fun people everywhere, like I know, Sarah Bryce because of you. You know, I just lived my best life. Like we had all these fun people. We had roommates, we had alan playing games like it was that was so fun. My cheeks literally hurt from like laughing. I'm like, what have I got myself into? Though?
Speaker 1: Instead of you, seeing as you missed out on it, I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: That happen over here. But I do think you.
Speaker 1: I think for us as your friend, really great night for us to spend with him and his friend.
Speaker 2: Because we don't ever get to be with him, we don't, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I don't want you to see it as like just a negative It was a great night.
Speaker 2: And not spending time with me.
Speaker 6: No, you hear what you wanted to hear out of that, I'm saying that it was normally we we don't hang out with him without you, sure, and we probably won't ever really, you know, but like it was a night to truly see Alan and him having fun and his friends and having fun with them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it was it was it was a cool experience for us too, and that right, and that was.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm thinking, he knows what I'm thinking, Like an hour and a half, ever play games with me?
Speaker 3: Yes, well let's do it right now. But it wasn't. It wasn't. It wasn't a.
Speaker 2: Games. Do you want to play drinking games?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had a blast plane you gir with Alan and would you play drinking games? You know? They answered exactly.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it was really fun. But even beyond that night, like its just cool.
Speaker 3: Everyone play a game.
Speaker 1: We're going to play this drinking game and you're going to play because.
Speaker 2: You felt I've never played a drinking game. Well these are best. I didn't even really drink with. I didn't really drink because I just can't right now, like I'm just I need to. And yeah, when you're competitive enough that I won't drink, you don't have to drink. It's so funny to watch. We should show we should I have some good footage so funny, like I drink a bit, but I didn't like I was chugging beers or like you don't have to, you just want to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm glad you guys had fun while of my nightmare Dungeon.
Speaker 5: It was almost like you haven't I explained that to you. It was almost like, so when you're a profession sports person, you've got a big event coming up, you get insomnia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, performance insomnia.
Speaker 5: And I explained to you, like two nights before a match is the most important night for sleep.
Speaker 3: So I used to always I need.
Speaker 5: To sleep on a Thursday because that's the most important night before a Saturday match. And I would get insomnia on Thursdays because I placed so much importance on sleeping on a Thursday. So I would toss and turn and tossing turn and tossing tourn And it's almost like you had that for like five nights of I've got this big event coming up, it needs to be perfect. It's like almost like a performance insomnia type thing, which is which is normal.
Speaker 2: Absolutely very normal. I've just never experienced that before.
Speaker 4: Like usually I sleep and I sleep well, and that was just I mean, the marriage.
Speaker 5: Was like playoff final, the Super Bowl performance anxiety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember when we talked about this before we left, and you're like, the only thing I'm anxious about is not sleeping because I have to have.
Speaker 2: My slate, and it was in my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you literally talked about it before you like, that's the only thing I'm worried about. Your expectations were so like everyone. I mean, everyone has expectations, right, and so it just that was in your head already. I remember you specifically saying that.
Speaker 5: This is where you need to like, you're so incredible with planning, and this is where you need to trust yourself a little bit more because everything you do walks out. And I told you that there's a lot of planning and it will all come together, it'll all be perfect. And it was like, there's nothing that would change from the moment we arrived at the castle to the moment we left, the moment we arrived in the honeymoon to the moment left. I would not change a single thing apart from you getting more sleep and.
Speaker 4: The kids not being But yeah, but you're right, you did say that You're like even so like they were great and they had fun and they had with lots of moments of fun. No I know, I know, I yeah.
Speaker 5: Nothing that would change apart from the Americans when in the shooting cleave pigeons.
Speaker 4: So it was Scotland versus USA involved in almost anywhere there could be a competition. Okay, that is all we have for this week, but we have even more fun of wedding details coming next week in Part two.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.