Speaker 1: Its breaking Jeffrey in the morning, and you found the Second Date podcast, and today we've got a.
Speaker 2: Brand new one with a lot on the line.
Speaker 1: I would say, since the guy actually flew out for an entire weekend for a first date, that's a commitment.
Speaker 2: Okay, big moves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously it didn't go well because he's on the phone with us, so we're going to get the details on that in a second.
Speaker 2: But first, we love reviewing and seeing and loving on your comments. Alexis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, m E said, that was a fantastic episode. I can understand why you've won so many awards for excellence in radio broadcasting, which, for it is a lot like being the Tannis scientist in Antarctica or the smartest person to ever have to repeat your senior year of high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congrats, we did, right.
Speaker 1: I always say, what do they call a doctor that graduated last in his class?
Speaker 2: That's right, Josey. All right, we're gonna get your brand new Second Date started right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date update.
Speaker 5: I've heard you can always trust people who have a five letter first name. Tyler Mason Vince the slap Chop guy before he got arrested. I really trust him. You just feel safe talking to somebody with five letters in their first name.
Speaker 2: It's Vincelapchop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could always trust him.
Speaker 5: That's why I get a really cozy feeling knowing our listener on the phone right now has a five letter first name, a guy named Corey C O R E Y.
Speaker 4: Corey.
Speaker 5: Your name alone means you have a lot to live up to here. But welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Thanks?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 5: Does the girl that you met have a five letter first name too?
Speaker 6: No? No, sadly, I did know that.
Speaker 1: Jeff was like so into this five letter thing. Nobody on this show has a five letter name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's how you know we're all pieces of garbage.
Speaker 2: Alexis has the same amount of letters as I.
Speaker 5: Do, almost Jeffy Jeffy has five letters in it. So I'm trust worth. Then you can trust me with your story, Corey.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. What's the name of this girl that you met?
Speaker 7: Her name is Alfon Alison.
Speaker 4: Let's call her Ali A L L I E so that I can approve that way. Well we do today, So tell us about Alison. Where did you meet her?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: I met her on a dating app and I haven't had the best of luck.
Speaker 6: Like, I've been on the dating apps.
Speaker 7: For a long time and it's just it's been a while since I made a real connection with anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hear that a lot about the apps. I don't think you're alone in that at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But Alice and I we like really hit it off.
Speaker 7: And the only problem is she doesn't live in my town. She was like a couple hours away by driving, you got a big radius on that app.
Speaker 2: A couple of hours is a commitment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's something you're willing to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would have to be worth it, and I decided that it absolutely would be. She seems into it too, So we were like, how how do we do this? And I had a pre weekend. I'm like, I'm free next weekend. What if I fly up there?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 4: Oh fly?
Speaker 1: I like how You're like, I'm not driving a couple hours get me out of place.
Speaker 2: I know, but it takes the same amount of time at the end, by the time you have to go to the airport, check in, do all the stuff, it's the same amount of time.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's her seeing all the effort that you're willing to put in just to meet up.
Speaker 4: With her.
Speaker 1: Did you like get a hotel or did you expect to stay with her for the weekend.
Speaker 7: I didn't have expectations. I was like, you know, I was prepared for it, but no, I got a hotel.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but I didn't.
Speaker 7: I didn't have the hotel already booked. I was like, I'll get one when I need one.
Speaker 5: Because you can't like cancel day of Also, your name is Corey with five letters in it, so she felt safe just being around you, knowing that in itself she can trust.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean I didn't.
Speaker 7: Hopefully I didn't make any expectations that I was going to stay.
Speaker 6: With her or whatever.
Speaker 4: Hopefully she registers that. How did the meetup go?
Speaker 7: So we're like, let's just go to a restaurant, and she suggested a chain restaurant, which is fine, it's probably it's not the rest of I would have picked.
Speaker 2: He's disappointed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's great. The conversation flowed. There was lots of laughter.
Speaker 7: We were playing this game where it was like, let's look at the people around us and try to.
Speaker 6: Guess what jobs that they would have. She was so funny. She kept saying like uber driver, like she ran out of Getzu. She just kept dousing the same thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah joke.
Speaker 7: He wasn't like super great at the game, but we had to laugh about it.
Speaker 2: Was there more than just a restaurant, I would assume, because you're there all weekend.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So we were like, you know, dinner was over and there was a cheesecake factory next door.
Speaker 2: This is like the chain mecca.
Speaker 7: So it's like, let's get some dessert there, and we were going to take it to go.
Speaker 2: Where were you going to go? What was the plan?
Speaker 7: We're just going to go to the park and just hang out more.
Speaker 2: At night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, romantic, but I mean.
Speaker 7: I was floored by the prices actually at cheesecake factory.
Speaker 1: Be honest, restaurants just right now are so expensive, you know, the prices have gone up so much.
Speaker 6: And so we were just like it's got one and we split it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: So we went to the park and we ate the cheesecake, have more good conversation, and then then it was like, okay, let's split up.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So she didn't invite you back to her place.
Speaker 6: She did not.
Speaker 7: I would flying back the next night, and so in my mind it was like, let's go to bed and we can wake up early and you know, spend the next day with each other.
Speaker 4: May would you like brunch or something like?
Speaker 2: Before you leave a lot of time with someone you don't know though.
Speaker 5: But also that's a good thing because you go to the hotel in the morning, you text her say hi, good morning, would you like to do something?
Speaker 4: And if she says no, then then you know.
Speaker 8: It's a no.
Speaker 2: There's freakentel, no breakfast, so the lobby.
Speaker 4: Up the waffle bar.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's no chain restaurant, but it'll do. So what happened the next day.
Speaker 6: Well, so I did that.
Speaker 7: I texted her like let's hang out and she didn't say no, but she was just like, sorry, I have this my grandma has this thing, and I can't hang out today.
Speaker 4: I kind of.
Speaker 1: Sound maybe not, Maybe it was just a miscommunication, Like how good were you at being direct when you're coming in like, hey, I want to see you both days.
Speaker 7: I wasn't really because I didn't want to put any pressure on her. But I was super disappointed though, because we had hit it off and like I flew up.
Speaker 4: There, yes and now and now she's not calling you back.
Speaker 7: I was texted a few times, but like it feels like a little different maybe, And so I can't figure it out.
Speaker 6: I have no idea what's going on.
Speaker 5: I mean, if Alison really wants to go to her grandma's funeral over like spending more time with you, I think that's a big red flag for her.
Speaker 1: So it was an activity with her alive grandma, is how I read it.
Speaker 5: She should have been more clear, should have been more clear about that, And we're gonna hold her feet to the fire when we come back, call her and get you. Let's just see what she has to say when we do your second date update right after.
Speaker 4: This second date update.
Speaker 5: It is not a good sign when you fly out of town for a first date and the person decides to hang out with their grandma over here.
Speaker 2: Sign.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what kind of happened to our listener, Corey. He traveled by plane to meet up with a woman named Alison. They had dinner and cheesecake one night, but the next day she told them, Oh, sorry, I actually can't see you again. I'm chilling with my Graham Graham today. So naturally, Corey's wondering, is this because I did something wrong on her date? Or is her Grandma really just that cool? Brook, Please reassure Corey and tell him.
Speaker 4: He's cooler than a granny.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is. My Grandma's always gonna come first. Grandma will come first. But Grandma's didn't take all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like there should even Corey if it was like, hey, can I just meet you.
Speaker 2: For coffee before I fly out? Did you can I bring my grandma on our coffee? Did you ask that?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess, I guess I should have offered that.
Speaker 7: I really I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I mean maybe that's all it is.
Speaker 7: I'm still holding out hope that this is gonna work out. Okay, so I really appreciate you all doing.
Speaker 6: This for me.
Speaker 5: Well, I also thinking maybe it's sunk in too that you had to get on a flight like this.
Speaker 4: Long distancing may not work.
Speaker 1: It's hard for long term relationships to be long distance, let alone starting a brand new one longest.
Speaker 5: I've never heard that. I've heard long distance is easy. Let's hope that Alison agrees.
Speaker 4: I'm going to call her right now. Hopefully she has some answers. But here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Allison?
Speaker 2: Yes? Who is this?
Speaker 5: Hey, you don't have to be afraid. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Don't ever start with you don't have to be.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 4: Don't be scared of us.
Speaker 5: We're a really friendly group of male and female hosts on the radio.
Speaker 2: Why do I not want to be lumped in with you?
Speaker 4: Space here? Alison? Hello, are you still there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hi, okay, sorry for phrasing it that way, but uh, you're on the radio right now, and we're doing a segment it's called a second Date Update. We're trying to get some help for one of our listeners that you went out with recently, a guy named Corey.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, yeah.
Speaker 4: I was quick. You know who exactly Corey is?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean talk about someone who has no self awareness? Yeah, I know, Corey no self awareness.
Speaker 1: Oh that would explain why he has no clue why you're not calling him back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, clearly he's not aware of what he did wrong. Because we heard the story from him about your hangout. We didn't pick up any red flags based on what we heard from him.
Speaker 8: That's laughable.
Speaker 5: Oh my, will help enlighten us because we're just trying to help Corey figure out what he did wrong.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know, he needs like a chivalry class or like social basics, like interactions one on one.
Speaker 4: But he was so rude, Like wow, what he was rude to you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like our first conversation, I sit down and he notices my nose ring and he's like, oh, how long have you had that? And I said a couple of years. I was like why and he says, oh, because I'm trying to understand how many daddy issues you have?
Speaker 1: Whoa gosh from a nose piercing exact no associates daddy issues and nose pills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, clearly, clearly Coy does.
Speaker 1: Was he trying to make a joke and it just didn't land right? Like, maybe that's no.
Speaker 8: I mean, if that had been the only thing, fine, But I was like, Okay, maybe he's nervous. Maybe he's like we just don't get each other's humor. But then we're like playing this game where we're like picking out the jobs for people around us, and it's like, fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we heard about that everyone was uber drivers, right right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean that came after what he said my job was. So I was just kind of in shock.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait he picked out a job for you.
Speaker 8: He picked out a job for me, and he goes, I have a job for you, and I was like, oh okay, and he's like it would be groupie what groupy.
Speaker 2: Like you'd be some desperate woman following a band around as.
Speaker 8: A job exactly. And I was like a good joke.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, maybe he meant it in like you seem like a fun type of girl.
Speaker 2: I don't think a group is ever a good thing.
Speaker 5: It's a good thing for the band usually people.
Speaker 8: It was so weird. Woy would you tell someone that? And I told him that's offensive and he's like, oh, just based on your nose ring, you know, based on how you're dressed.
Speaker 4: Based yes.
Speaker 8: I was like, okay, I'm done. But we left the restaurant and then I was already over it. And then he was like, oh, this cheesecake. Let's go to cheesecake factory, which he suggested, and I was like, okay, yeah, that's fine, whatever, let's see how this goes. And he asked what the price is and looks at me and he goes, oh, so are you going to get.
Speaker 7: Your card out?
Speaker 4: What he asked you to get your card out to pay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I'm like, what you asked me on a date? You suggested cheesecake. If this was breaking your bank, why did you say come in here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well you are the host because he's the one flying in town. So a lot of times the host is supposed to pay for stuff like meals.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, it seems like a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of a stress that is more than a little bit of a stretch.
Speaker 2: Jeff, again, what she said. He suggested going to cheesecake. He's the one that asked her out.
Speaker 5: He paid, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Then he we got like one piece and we split it, which he ate mostly. And I'm like, this.
Speaker 2: Is so weird.
Speaker 1: That's your red flag worse than the offensive comments.
Speaker 2: He's probably a guy that wouldn't share.
Speaker 5: His fries, right, So, no doubt there's some questionable stuff being said by him, But there's always two sides to every story. We should at least at a minimum, hear what Corey has to say about it, because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: No way, actually he is, and I'm sure he just wants to apologize.
Speaker 6: Alison. I just feel like I feel like you just left out all the good parts.
Speaker 4: Oh good parts, Well.
Speaker 7: You left at all the good parts, and you just said all the stuff that you have problems with. I didn't even know you had problems with because you didn't say anything about it.
Speaker 2: She told you was offensive. Is Alison even still there? Yeah?
Speaker 8: What do you mean you didn't know I had a problem? I said, that's offensive. When is calling anyone a groupy a positive interact?
Speaker 6: She?
Speaker 7: I mean, it was kind of like a joke, but also it's just kind of like your vibe, right, like like a fun but like a fun vibe.
Speaker 6: You know you like me, but I'm the groupie.
Speaker 7: I didn't mean any disrespect, like that movie almost famous, like the Penny Lane, Like she's like her.
Speaker 2: It was a really bad cycle that she was in if you watch the whole movie. But it sounds like you're really.
Speaker 1: Defensive and you didn't expect that she was offended.
Speaker 7: No, No, I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 1: So I think, maybe just take a deep breath and use this opportunity to apologize and own.
Speaker 6: Some of that. I apologize. I don't know what she's mad about.
Speaker 2: You told her she had daddy issues. Corey, You've got to apologize.
Speaker 7: Maybe I didn't say no, I didn't say she had daddy issues, all right. It's just like my personal experience is that usually girls with those rings usually have some kind of daddy issues. And it's not even I'm not even saying like it's bad.
Speaker 6: It's like it's just a thing.
Speaker 8: What wo, you had a lot of issues?
Speaker 6: What are you okay?
Speaker 5: Issues aside, it is interesting that you didn't tell us Corey that you asked Alison to pay for the cheesecake.
Speaker 6: I'm supposed to pay for everything.
Speaker 5: Well, why just because you were the one who suggested getting the cheesecake. Alison, tell Corey how you felt during that moment when he asked you to pay for the dessert.
Speaker 8: I was like, Wow, this guy is a loser.
Speaker 6: Whatever, I'm a loser. But what you want me to just take care of you like I'm your daddy. Sound like you've got daddy issues.
Speaker 8: I want you to never take care of me. I want you to never talk to me. That's why you didn't hear from me.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: I wish you just told me that in the first place, instead of stringing me along.
Speaker 8: I didn't string you along. I made up a lie about my grandma.
Speaker 6: I didn't string you along.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, you lied there. There was no hangout with your grandma on the next day.
Speaker 8: I was trying to be but like I didn't know he was going to call a radio station and air out that he was.
Speaker 5: I thought that we had daddy issues, but apparently it's granny issues that we've got going on. So before we let you go do that, we have to we offer you a chance to meet up one more time, and we will pay for the second date for at least the dinner.
Speaker 8: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Didn't even let you finish your sentence.
Speaker 4: Wow, so rude.
Speaker 2: We're being sarcastic, Allison. Sorry, had to go through that.
Speaker 6: What about me? I just can like drag through the mud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you feel that way, buddy.
Speaker 1: That was That was your own dragging though the buddy comment.
Speaker 4: Looking down on your.
Speaker 5: So Corey, it's not going to be another date with Allison. It's a no from her obviously.
Speaker 4: Fine, but good news. You're back on to the dating apps.
Speaker 7: Just where you want to be great, catch more awesome.
Speaker 3: Don't have to match with those girls.
Speaker 4: Jeff in the morning.
Speaker 5: I know we're arguing a lot about groupies there for a second, but it is interesting that none of us said groupie isn't technically a profession.
Speaker 1: I know that's because we've watched too many reality shows people say.
Speaker 2: Anything as a profession anymore.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I were her, I would have said, that's not a job for like one, you have to guess you need to pick again.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't be offended. It's just inaccurate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would have been a lot of I mean, it has purse, but you're not on a payroll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're kind of missing the point of what she was upset about.
Speaker 2: But sure, Jeff, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: But there was no good match happening between the two of them.
Speaker 5: It's just too bad Corey had to fly out in order to figure that information out.
Speaker 4: He takes it as a.
Speaker 5: Learning experience for what not to do and what not to say and what body piercings. Not to draw dumb conclusions from.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because he sounds like a guy who's really open to change.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if you if you need help with your dating life, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates. Wherever you get your podcasts, they're up at Brook and Jeffrey