Speaker 1: I'm Teddy Mellencamp and this is Emily Simpson and you're.
Speaker 2: Listening to popping Off. First thing we need to talk about. Did you see the TikTok?
Speaker 1: Wait? Which one?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're like, hold on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: The one hold off? The one where Taylor is standing up and she well, there's been two. The first one is her just kind of like doing a dance, but she looks a little sad, and she says coming back into my twenty twenty two self. And then everyone assumed that meant that she and Dakota broke up. But then also there was another TikTok that she posted, watching the scene of her having the baby on the show, and her saying, here's to a new chapter of my life. I think it'll be the most challenging yet most rewarding, and then she also says it's triggering to watch this season, however, I do appreciate seeing my baby being born.
Speaker 1: So you so your takeaway is that she's not with Dakota anymore from those vague innu windows.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then all the women are commenting, we got you, Taylor, we love you, we care about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that doesn't make sense that that's what happened that they broke up, which I actually I hope that they did because I think he's a worm.
Speaker 2: Oh he's worse than a worm with a mustache. Worse.
Speaker 1: Oh he's Oh he's awful.
Speaker 2: He's a booger, eater, disgusting. He can take his one box and get the hell out of there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get your PlayStation.
Speaker 2: To get out, get your PlayStation, your Rubik's cube and be down. And then he did a TikTok that's like trump and it's like, do you have a plan and he was like uh, he like mouthed. I'm like stop, now you need to stop tiktoking.
Speaker 1: Enough.
Speaker 2: Ugh. So we are recapping the secret lives of Mormon Wives. Episode four starts off with the girls driving to Park City for Macy's birthday trip. Yay, park City. Have you been to Park City? I have been to Park City. Yeah. Yeah. Whitney jokes that she and Taylor are going to have a boxing match when they see each other. Everyone's worried there's going to be a lot of tension. The first of the girls arrive at the Giant Pentouse. Many of the girls have frustrations with Whitney because she doesn't take accountability. Then, of course Whitney brought the matching sweatsuits which they have in every color, which I love. We need our own, we do, we.
Speaker 1: Need matching outfits when we do this podcast. I feel like we should match. We should we at least need to plan color schemes. But they found it to be thoughtful that she did that. And then the girls go in the hot tub for a split.
Speaker 2: Second, like we just need to change it up and not have you guys fighting in the closet for a minute.
Speaker 1: So they're like, can you guys pust a bathing suits on and just get in the hot tub.
Speaker 2: Just real quick. We want to show how all of your extensions hold up after getting wet, So they get in there. Then Jen, voicing her frustrations with Zach. She says she's a sole breadwinner. She provides for her kids, and she's paying for her husband to go to medical school.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's here's my question though, before these moms, because all these moms claim to be the breadwinners, before there was mom talk, how were they living.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they weren't getting like college, like I mean, I think Jen's twenty four years old, so twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that basically they went from college to getting married to just putting this mom talk together and started making money from doing social media stuff. I mean, there was no other plan when they got married. That's the part I don't understand, Like how you married these men and like none of them make money. You're the breadwinner by doing stuff on social media.
Speaker 2: Or maybe the husbands quit their jobs in order to make you know, videos, videos with them on the interwebs.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm going to go to Shane and just suggests that maybe he quits practicing law so that we could make ridiculous videos together.
Speaker 2: You know what, It's not a bad job, Like it is kind of what I do for living, but Zach thinks that it's important because he will be the provider. And fifteen years.
Speaker 3: For saying fifteen years, She's like, I gotta make videos for fifteen years before there's any income coming from this man, like poor thing, Like at least I don't.
Speaker 2: Have to dance in mine, And then males are usually the sole provider in the LDS religion, so it's hard for Zach to be so untraditional. Jen Oh shit Jin forgot her garments on this girl trip, which is a big deal for strict Mormons. Yeah, so how she's gonna be think she forgot it?
Speaker 1: Do you think she forgot I think she forgot him on purpose. She doesn't want to wear that well.
Speaker 2: I mean, garments represent your marriage after going through the temple. It's a daily reminder of your dedication to your partner. I'm sure Jin forgot her garments, just like I'm forgetting to wear a bra right now, like they're probably uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I just think maybe she did it on purpose because she didn't want to deal with it on a girl's trip with a camera crew.
Speaker 2: I think she did it maybe on purpose so to rev zach up.
Speaker 1: But she's scared of him.
Speaker 2: I feel like she is scared of him. But they kind of have this like she does shit with the group while filming that we know is going to piss him.
Speaker 1: Off, and she's okay doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But also if I had a husband that was pissed off because I didn't wear an extra layer of clothing underneath my SWEATSUITO. But then the truth box, we love we love a game.
Speaker 1: I love a good game. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This was the moment Tom became the mother of mom talk. She's hoping they can all be honest with this and resolve any tension that may exist. No one is enthusiastic about it.
Speaker 1: I wonder why.
Speaker 2: I wonder why, because it's about to be some real great questions. They change into their matching sweatsuits and begin reading anonymous questions. Someone asked why Whitney doesn't like Taylor and if she's just jealous of her clout. She says she's jealous of the forgiveness that Taylor received after the scandal, which she never got after her RSV video. This had me taken aback. I didn't expect this is where it was going to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mean you felt like that came out of left field, Like that wasn't what she was going to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what how is that Taylor's fault? That she was forgiven faster than dancing with your child and the nick You.
Speaker 1: Okay, but here's the thing. Of course, Taylor was forgiven because people were so intrigued by it.
Speaker 2: Like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like people necessarily had to forgive Taylor. I think they were happy that Taylor gave them that information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucked it all up.
Speaker 1: Right, everyone ran with it and it was everywhere. People have a hard time getting past how negligent you look when you're in a nick you dancing with your baby in the background.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and I don't think that Taylors are that's bar behavior common since like I don't know. But then someone asked Taylor if she leave Dakota if she found out he slept with Jenna after swearing that he didn't. She says yes, with no hesitation. Do we think she actually would? No?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like that scene right there was foreshadowing of something that's supposed to come out later. But we all know they're still together, so.
Speaker 2: No, and we all know that Jenna's been posting on the gramm h. So we found Jenna. She never responded us.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know why we have no clout. We got to start making videos or something.
Speaker 2: Like, what the hell, Jenna, we were going to give you your like two minutes of social media fame is the wrong word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because Teddy got fourteen hundred followers in fourteen days, sixteen hundred sorry at least respect Sorry.
Speaker 2: About that, and uh, DEMI asked if she ever said jin was too Mormon and Whitney and Macy started giggling because they're obviously the ones who told Gin this. Demi points out when she said things about Jen it was when Whitney and Macy agreed with her. This causes a big argument. Then Jin brings up the Demi called Taylor white trash, which was to hold to her by Whitney as well, that's.
Speaker 1: Way better than to Mormon, Like, are you gonna get mad as someone calls you too Mormon? That's like being like you, I mean, is that really an insult? I mean white trash?
Speaker 2: I mean I call myself WT. Like there's certain things like when I order a steak and I'm like, can I have it well done? And everyone looks at me like with disgust. I'm like, some things you can't change, and I'll have the a one sauce too, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have a little white trash. I'm from Ohio, I grew up in the country.
Speaker 2: I'm not I wouldn't be offended by it unless it was like somebody I wasn't friends with calling me it. But I think that's the problem. They weren't actually friends. They just are social media people that wanted to get more famous. But Demi said she said this because she saw Taylor flirting with Brett Rudy Pebble's man at a party and going from husband to husband being touchy with everyone. Taylor takes a swing at Demi in return, she claims that Demi took off her dress in front of Dakota to get miked. Demi didn't do this to seduce Dakota, but Taylor's not convinced.
Speaker 1: She thinks it's trashy. I don't know what, do you think that's the party when she walked out in her bra? Or is this another time?
Speaker 2: I guess it happened another time, but then we see it later on in the season two. I think this is just like Demi likes her way, her tits look in her bra, and she's fine to like it's the same as a bathing I guess in her opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she just likes to flaunt it. She likes to show it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do I think there was probably a time where Taylor was tipsy in front of Brett and probably flirting with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you're talking about someone that's involved in the swinging scandal, so it's not like it's a far reach for me. To picture her flirting with other men.
Speaker 2: I also think, you know, if you're pouring cereal into your vagina, you probably don't have much to be jealous of when it comes to other women. Like, if you're willing to take that step.
Speaker 1: You mean you think that she's got her man pretty well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she's got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he's not really looking for other areas.
Speaker 2: No, that's not Jen, it's not Zach. I didn't sing Zach, No, Matt did. Nobody wants Zack. It's not Zach, it's Bett.
Speaker 1: It's the hotkey, it's the former.
Speaker 2: Everyone wants him. Yeah, the hot.
Speaker 1: Football player eating fruity pebbles, He's the fruit, you know. Okay, here's my question. Where do you go from fruity pebbles? I mean, she's only in her twenties, right, I mean, what's the next That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, like, what's the next step from that? Like, if you're going to keep things spicy in your sexual relationship, where do you go after fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: Cocoa pebbles, cennamon to this crunch that sounds so painful? Well, I'm sorry, the fruity pebbles, Like think about how quickly they melt in your mouth, like I know they dissolve very quickly. Like how are you going to get that all out of there? Especially if you've had to get a funnel, yeah, or milk into it, Like we've really got to get down. Can you try this and let me know how it goes in?
Speaker 1: I feel like I need a tutorial video.
Speaker 2: How to get fruity pebbles in your own prives. Yeah, all right, I'll create one.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'll go viral. You'll get more followers, I promise, Just do it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Edwin, Yeah, breddy pebbles in a funnel real quick. Just come in here, and maybe a razor blade so I can handle some things prior.
Speaker 1: Just don't ask questions, just go along with it.
Speaker 2: Then Whitney asked who her least favorite in the group is right now, and she says it's to me. Whitney feels like she's been trying to say her truth, but dem is lying and trying to drag her into everything. The game finally ins, thank God, and Whitney's talking to Macy upstairs. She's actually mad at Macy now for not sticking up for her. Taylor and to me have a conversation in the room they're sharing, Taylor decides she wants to sleep alone tonight, so Demi moves rooms. I feel like at this point Whitney could punch somebody in the face and then get mad at them for hurting her hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every goal time.
Speaker 2: But we get through it somehow.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you a question. Do you think it was the producers that generated the questions? Like, do you think they had any idea what the questions were? I think a producer just handed in the box and said, here, play this game, and they didn't know what the questions were.
Speaker 2: Like, I think they knew the questions. I think they use words like cloud. I don't think producers would really Yeah, but maybe who knows, it could have been producers who produces this show. Let's find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But then the next morning, the girls get ready to make their tiktoks together as one would, they film in their matching sweatsuits, and then Taylor decides to pull Whitney away to have a conversation. I love it. They're like, after work, we can have a real conversation, right.
Speaker 1: But get we gotta get this nailed. We first, first and then at your get your lip syncing down, do it again?
Speaker 2: That's not right again again. Whitney's obviously nervous, and she asked Taylor not to punch her. Oh it's Jeff Jenkins productions. Oh, I think we know who that person is. We know a Jeff Jenkins. I think we do. Then, Whitney claims she tried cultivating cultivating a relationship with Taylor after the swinging scandal, but it wasn't reciprocated Whitney's I mean, it's like Taylor had some shit she had to deal with. She had to get divorced, she had to move to Coda in with his one box a red flat, but there were a shit that had to happen his one box.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing over that.
Speaker 2: And then she hasn't received the same hype as Taylor, so she's comparing. Whitney told me that the purpose behind making the RSV video was for sympathy, lights and clout. Whitney admitted this to her after she and Deme did ketamine together for therapy purposes.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, is it like a true serum?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I had we do it together? Do we do a ketamine pod. We should do a.
Speaker 1: Kenmine pod and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Ketamine is used to cure anxiety and depression, so maybe it would help me, Like maybe I wouldn't be so red and anxious today if I was on ketamine this moment.
Speaker 1: I feel like it could be a good thing.
Speaker 2: Can we just I mean, I want to point out something else that just so we can have a little reference to this. These women got famous by doing dances on TikTok. Yes, Like, what is the world we live in right now? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like the huck to a girl. That girl's got like hop bill hook too. That's all she said. And she has like millions of followers, And I don't know what else is she doing.
Speaker 2: I don't know she now she has her own podcast Talk two. Something I saw her on like late night shows, Red Green Tomato. She thought, that's how the New York song went. It's just a lot for me, but then to me. Decides to join the conver between Whitney and Taylor so she can set the record straight since Whitney's obviously not telling the full truth. Whitney doesn't feel like Taylor cares about her, but she doesn't want things to change, She'd rather just leave them as they are.
Speaker 1: Not a mature take on that.
Speaker 2: But Whitney saying she doesn't care enough to remedy things yet to me reminds her she cares enough to talk shit behind everyone's back. Good, point to me, to me, point, Then to me tells Whitney that she's a shitty friend. So Whitney tells her not to be her friend. Then Whitney like really does run away from every situation. Then Whitney starts to cry and removes herself from the conversation. Whitney's sobbing in the closet, A few girls go to comfort her. I didn't pay attention to which ones. I don't know if they were the saints or the sinners.
Speaker 1: Don't you hate it when someone causes problems and gaslights everyone and then runs away sobbing and then expects everyone to come to them and apologize and console them. I feel like that that's what she does every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she's late to the dinner, and then she has to be the one to cry to producers, and then she has to be the one that brings the cake. It's like Whitney you're exhausting. But Demi wasn't finished talking to Whitney, so she decides to confront her again. I'm like, I don't good timing. I don't think she can handle it. Then Macy and Jenn are sticking up for Whitney, telling dem she needs to leave. Demi calls it a minion fest and a Chihuahua fest with the three of them, Jesse agrees with dem Whitney gets close to people so she can use them for information, then talks about everyone behind their backs. Whitney doesn't know what's right or what's wrong anymore. Let me help you, Whitney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody else is right and everyone else is right.
Speaker 2: It's really very simple.
Speaker 1: It's very black and white at this point.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Now come on the pod and we'll give you more of our opinions. Hot takes. Now, Whitney's sobbing to Macy again in the room that they share. Whitney doesn't want to be anyone's friend because of what Jesse said. Everyone arrives to Macy's birthday dinner. All the girls managed to push the drama aside, then ensued that day. Besides Whitney, who's silently crying at the table in another unfortunate outfit. Then she leaves to go set. She had to go potty, but then she was really just crying to producers.
Speaker 1: But then she came out with the cake. She here, this is a timing thing. She went in the bathroom to cry, and as she was coming out of the bathroom, she saw them getting the cake ready, so she grabbed it out of someone's hand I'm sure and was like, I'm going to go back and enter the scene carrying the cake. That was just timing, and it worked out for her. It worked out for her. But then they started to sing Happy Birthday. Then of course the.
Speaker 2: Cameraman can't forget to show the piece of paper on her shoe.
Speaker 1: I love cameraman, They're the best.
Speaker 2: And then Whitney says she just doesn't know if these friendships are worth fighting for and if this is what mom talk is turning into, she doesn't want to be a part of it. I'm like, I thought you were the leader of mom talk. Don't you set the tone?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, she's constantly saying she wants to be the queen bee of mom talk, while saying she's not interested in being a part of mom talk.
Speaker 2: She makes no sense. Make it make sense, Whitney, come on and talk to us about it. Come on, come on, come on in. But we will keep on watching, we'll keep on researching, we'll keep on searching our TikTok scrounging for information so that we have any hot deeds to share.
Speaker 1: Right, And if any of you guys out there have information, because I have people DM me and they send me stuff. I love it. So if you have any information, please feel free to dm us because we love to hear it.
Speaker 2: Oh and I think her name was Andrea that sent me the picture of all the different haircuts and styles that Whitney's husband has had. I appreciate that it was.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right, Thanks guys for tuning in.
Speaker 1: Thanks as Jack children,