Speaker 1: So Megan and Harry have been doing media tours lately.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think hers might be for her jam and she went on her best friend's podcast. I didn't listen to. I don't listen to podcasts, but I think a one clip. And Harry's been doing a press tour. I don't know what it's for. But he sat down with the BBC to talk about the fact that the family won't speak to him and that he wants to reconcile. And the definition of the problem is him doing the interview in the first place. You can't like put your hand for like, go a way, come back, come here, go away, like meaning if you want to reconcile with the royal family, going on a British talk show now you're in your own house, it doesn't seem like a great way to do it. And the thing about it is, you know, everybody's said like they're prior it, but then they're doing all this public stuff. The energy is that Harry's regretting going too far with it. Now he's in so deep it feels like he has to keep going. The problem is going to be that there's not going to be any more juice to get from this lemon like we know it all, so you can't keep capitalizing off of this institution. And the thing is, Megan got in some kind of like public trouble for using HRH Her Royal Highness on a note to a friend, which is a title. And I was talking about titles because titles do matter to people. They don't matter to me, but they matter to people. In corporate America, people could not get a financial raise, but they could get a title raise, and it makes them feel seen, which is why you have to appreciate people and let them know when they're doing a good job, because oftentimes you know you're just telling them what to do and giving direction and to stop down and thank someone and giving someone a title bump. For many corporate people work and when you leave an institution or a firm or corporation, you don't get to keep the title, so they don't do the work. So that's why they got the title taken away. It's a working title. I didn't realize this for them. It's a title for working royals, so they're not working anymore. And you can't sit down at a dinner party and be like, I'm the director of communications at Yahoo. If like you lost that job, like you don't get to keep using that title, and that's what a title is. It's also only been like two years, so it's not like she's keeping the title because her kids have known her as that their whole life, or she's keeping a name because she was married to someone. I bring up the Countess because she was married to the count for fifteen years. It's also a brand, and Megan's using it as a brand. But Oprah asked her about using her platforms to build a brand, and she's saying no, But she's monetizing things that she's wearing. She puts up links so you can buy them, and she makes a lot of money doing that, So she's monetizing the brand. So she should just say I'm keeping the title I married a prince. This is the brand now because I don't think it's illegal to use it. They've just said that they don't want her to use it. So you gotta lean in or lean out. You jumped. They're not taking you back. You gotta go fucking all in and be like, Hi, this is my brand. HRH is my brand. This is her Royal Highness. I don't think you can get sued for that. I don't know, but like, lean all the fuck. Here's my jam. It's royal jam. This is a royal sweater. You get to click a link and buy it. This is royal everything, Royal jelly, this is royal jelly.
Speaker 2: These are royal pants. This is it.
Speaker 1: She should start selling crowns at this point, like just lean in, sell princess wants be a princess, and get in and lean all the way into it. Because NAIs can't leave the two paces out of the jar. The only way to go back is to take a monetary number and be on a gag order, sign an NBA, say to them, we'll never talk about you guys again. They wouldn't pay more than that, and these two wouldn't take more than that because they earn money off of the story. But for how long I don't know how long you can keep talking about the same topic. And they're too far away from it for it to be relevant, Like it's a current story, like this happened recently at the wedding, it's a long time ago. So they could probably be successful if they just like leaned all the way in. But he still seems to want to reconcile. It doesn't make sense though, to sit down and do a media interview, which is the exact and very reason that your family has excommunicated you from the church. So if Harry and Meghan want to reconcile, they would have to say, like, we are not working royals. We will not discuss this ever again. We would like just you guys to say that we get to keep our titles, but we won't use them, or like just for whatever reason, someone would care, but we and we will take some cash and we will never speak of this again. We're going to move forward and announce that we are building a brand individual brands and we are open for business.
Speaker 2: But like, you can't do both. And that's just the thing. It has nothing to do with the two of them.
Speaker 1: They are attractive, they seem nice enough, They probably are charming and liked and like they're getting caught in the rip tide because they're in between wanting to be royals and wanting to be celebrities. And it's not landing for either because real celebrities, celebrity celebrities like George Clooney and Amal and David Beckham and his wife no longer speak to them anymore because they're not fucking around with their relationship with the royals. You think David Beckham is fucking around with the monarchy when he's British, and so is she immediately now, immediately now and George Clooney and Amal and she does like international like human rights law, like is in a human rights attorney, Like I don't think she's fucking with the monarchy either, and why would he. He's like the Carrie Grant, he lived in Italy, Like there's just no upside. So those friends that are celebrities have left. I think they have friends in Montecieto, the Oprah's, the Kim Kardashian, But you don't see Oprah talking about this that much anymore.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying they're not royals anymore.
Speaker 1: They have to like lean into celebrity like reality show honestly speaking, like lean in, grab the bag.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Alec Balwin did it. He did a reality show. I'm saying he's not a royal.
Speaker 2: But you're not a royal either anymore.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, we all, you know, pull our pants down at some point, Like that's just what happens at some point, you know, if you need to believe me. If I didn't have a bunch of other opportunities and not make the kind of money that i'd make, I'd go right back to trash reality TV.
Speaker 2: I don't need to. I do very well.
Speaker 1: But if I needed to pay for my bills or whatever it was, or my nut was so big, believe me, I would dance on a table.
Speaker 2: So if they want the money they want to smash and grab.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be through the Royal Angle, and it's probably not going to be through dining out on the Royal Angle because we ate that meal. We're sick of it. We don't want to hear it anymore. Stop, you can't sell pass the point. Yes, we already know. We know, we know what happened.
Speaker 2: We got it. It was terrible, the plate, the frog more, it's all terrible, we know it.
Speaker 1: We gotta do something new, We got to do something new and ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Leaning into the.
Speaker 1: Joke, because if they're printing the money, who cares? Their kids are fine, the fine, her mom's fine. They could do what they want and lean in, lean in. So I was listening to Ben Affleck reflect on his relationship with Jennifer Lopez. I want to shout out the elegant breakup. Every breakup that I've ever had is ultimately an elegant, classy breakup, except for one. I was married years ago. Never peep from him. I have been engaged, never peep. I still speak to many ex'es. I think how you go into a job or a relationship is how you should leave. And I think an elegant breakup is a reflection of the person in the relationship or at the job. I really do like I still speak to former assistants and people I worked with years ago.
Speaker 2: I just think that's critical.
Speaker 1: You can't burn the house down, do a barn burner in a relationship, either or in the workplace. And Ben Affleck has been on a press tour, I think presumably marketing a film, and obviously his relationship with Jennifer Lopez has come up, and he has the kindest things to say about her, and they have an amicable relationship. And it's interesting because she was in a relationship with someone else with kids and her kids, but that relationship was severed and the relationship with the kids and Ben his kids and her and the kids still have a relationship, and I think.
Speaker 2: That's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: My exes have relationships with my daughter if she's been in their life, one passed away. But that is a class act, and that's a reflection upon who we choose. And I like that he speaks highly of Jennifer, and he he does say that the breakdown of the relationship is because he ultimately is an introvert and he likes his privacy and she ultimately is an extrovert from a public standpoint. And as I've said earlier on this podcast, she really packed a lot into the beginning.
Speaker 2: And I also get that.
Speaker 1: I've been on reality TV in a relationship when everything's going good and it's high. It's addictive, you know, and it's hard to slow things down. It just all seems like a good idea, and you crash and burn. I was in a relationship where we were madly obsessed with each other and we got physically ill because we were so excited that the endorphins are going, the adrenaline's going, and he actually remember getting bronchitis, and you burn out because in the beginning, everything sounds like a good idea. So while we sit and look, it's looking like wait, she's in Europe. With him on a boat, with him doing multiple shows, doing a documentary, doing another document she was excited, she's addicted to love.
Speaker 2: It's kind of what her documentary about.
Speaker 1: And I kind of have to say, we can sit in judgment from afar, but I kind of get how it could happen. And you can't ask a dog to be a cat. You can't ask an introvert who suffers from addiction to like be so activated and hold on tight.
Speaker 2: That's hard.
Speaker 1: And you can't ask an extrovert to become someone who wants to just be home all the time and wants to quiet. It's a fundamental difference. Yes, could he be more fun and more extroverted, which we saw that maybe he just didn't like going to all those events, which I get. I've been in those relationships. Yes, could she chill out and does she like to sometimes?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: But you have to really understand who each person fundamentally is in a relationship. So I've talked before about attachment styles. Finding out what someone's attachment style is them being honest about it. And another thing that is a key thing is a personality test, Like what is someone's personality type and does it vibe with you. Everything sounds good in the beginning, and everything's good in the honeymoon stage, but how do you layer in a life with someone else who is fundamentally different? And it's very hard when you love someone who's fundamentally different.