Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and new He scruggs.
Speaker 3: Players Lounge on a Friday, heading into a play off matchup at a T and T Stadium. The show is brought to you by Tostitos.
Speaker 2: I can't hear nothing.
Speaker 3: Barry Church is here, Heck Maharrison is Danny McCrae is here.
Speaker 2: I'm new.
Speaker 3: He scrugs, Yes, sir, yes, sir, Yes, sir, yes sir. The NFL All Pro List.
Speaker 2: Is out right. Yeah, so it is.
Speaker 3: So tell me this. When you guys were players, what was that day like?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: The all to me, the All Pro List was the that's the one you really want to want to be on, Like you want to be on that first or second team whatever it is. You know, Pro Bowl when I first got into the league, it was, you know, a big deal. Everybody's I got to get to the Pro Bowl because it was over in Hawaii at the time, So it was a big deal to get them to the Pro Bowl. But as we see as the years have gone on, I mean the Pro Bowl game is kind of just it's just there. It's flag football you're doing. Course the guys won't bring it. Was it ninety eight when they did like the summer games in the Pro Bowl or something that was dope. But yeah, so you want to be on that All Pro list and when it comes out, you know, everybody's everybody's watching it, not just every All Pro list. I think it's the AP one that everybody kind of like, all right, this is it. Yeah, Yeah, that's the that's the one that you want to you want to be on because you know PFF got one and but yeah, that's what you.
Speaker 5: Want to be on the AP. I care about the Pro Bowl list. I was playing special teams. I was trying because there's only one. I'm like, I'm just focused on that. I wasn't even thinking about All Pro. Like you said, it is different now to where now that is the thing. And also also like now it's so many more voices for for you to know what that All Pro is when it comes out, and how big of alicited the truth is when we was playing, when we were playing.
Speaker 2: Instagram and Twitter and all that.
Speaker 5: We weren't paying attention to none of that stuff, and well neither Now they posted on on Twitter and then they get a million views and.
Speaker 2: Then people start talking about it, comment on it.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just so different now, so it's such it's a much bigger deal.
Speaker 3: So for the Cowboys, your first team All Pro Zach Martin guard, CD LAMBT wide receiver, Deron Bland at corner, and Brandon Aubrey at kickers. So I like it, pretty pretty impressive list right there. Second team quarterback Dak Prescott. By the way, the first team quarterback was Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: Baltimore MVP v.
Speaker 3: SO Dak Prescott quarterback. Second team left tackle Tyron Smith.
Speaker 2: Hey, salm salm hey.
Speaker 5: If he would have played, if you would have played all the games, that they would have had a much tougher time pickable to him.
Speaker 2: And Trent Williams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, left guard.
Speaker 5: That's saying a lot. That's saying a lot.
Speaker 4: Tyler, you said, Tyler team on defense, Second team All Pro Michael Parsons. Whose first team on the edge for DJ watching.
Speaker 5: You get out there, Arlington Martin's on they got some edge rushers in the league.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, I've seen.
Speaker 5: Crosby on the on the other one, man, NFL p a list, Like when you start looking at the status and how these dudes impact their teams, that's a very tough list. So no, no, Shaw, that Michael person for being on second that that's that's a hard list to be on.
Speaker 4: So the edge, the edges defensive ends, right, you like it sometimes edge and then the outside linebackers.
Speaker 5: They try to message like the wearing played in the three four, so he would get outside linebacker sometimes for the All Pro for the All Pro. But yeah, miss A, Yes, I mean I would definitely consider them to be an edge rusher. I mean, but they got it right. I mean both of those guys. T J Watt a phenomenal season. Yeah, Miles Garrett had a phenomenal season. So, I mean, and all of it's based off of they don't get pressures is one thing. The PFF pressures, all that stuff is cool, but they're gonna base it off the numbers. They're going to base it off of the sacks. And you know, they got it right. And I think if Michael's ticked off about it, rightfully. So, but you got to have the numbers, homie got what are you? Fourteen fourteen?
Speaker 3: So your second team Off Pro with the edge it's Michael Parsons and Max Crossby.
Speaker 2: Wall also, so that's a tough decision. That's a tough one. It's a tough position.
Speaker 3: So your your first team edge rushers Miles Garrett, TJ Watt. TJ Watt didn't make the NFL p A list on the first but but.
Speaker 5: So you know, man, the league se they make the NFL. That's what nineteen sex. There's something to be said about that.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 5: When your peers don't even vote you, then the writers and everybody else has been watching football.
Speaker 2: Say no, this guy is clearly uh in All Pro.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I think also the credit should be given where to to Mike McCarthy also being the head coach and having this many guys make first and second All Pro, So that says a lot about him. Yeah, shout out to killer more from did we here? Okay, all right, seem who is excited? He's excited to have Mike McCarthy is the play calling Dak Prescott one of the best years he's ever had, you know, turnover wivese touchdown. Wise, how he's impacted thirty seven. I'm just saying that this is true. Shout out, shout out, shout out the Big Mike Man and the cool Aid. The koolaider is being stirred. Okaylad making you got real sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Here y good with gett out to be Yeah, you stood up like y'all go see y'all, go see y'all.
Speaker 2: See way, y'all think that. Y'all think of the coordinator tweet right there right there, ye know said.
Speaker 5: Kill made back and that first season without him he made All Pro.
Speaker 2: That's not like it is what it is, what it is, you got it?
Speaker 4: You gots doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the back all Pro seven? Your damn.
Speaker 3: You talk seven to see you know. Just check in on the brother to see how he's feeling here and Tyler smith Man. Kudos to Will McLay, who, by the way, is not going to take any interviews. He's going to stay right here. So the Cowboys keep Will McClay. But the venom by Cowboy fan when they drafted Tyler smith out of Tulsa, the beating they took second team All Pro.
Speaker 5: Year two.
Speaker 2: New position man.
Speaker 3: That is phenomenal. And it's interesting because I did have a conversation with Will McClay earlier in the year, and I just said, if Tyron Smith leaves, do you leave Tyler Smith at guard because he's an excellent guard, or do you make him a left tackle?
Speaker 5: That makes that that makes that decision a little bit harder now that he's an off pro second team mopro at guard. This just says some kind of athlete he is. And Will mcclay's ability to you know, scout a guy like that has come in and has been so effective on this offensive line full of veterans, and I think that he's one of those guys that you've seen from take that jump from first year to second year and kind of be like that bright spot on that offensive line as you go, Man, we in good hands for a long time to come building around a guy like that.
Speaker 4: And not only kudoles to to Will McClay, but you got to give kudoles to the those veteran offensive linemen on on the line as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you look at it.
Speaker 4: You know, Tyron Smith comes in, who's who's behind him? Frederick came in after him, you know, kind of took that that mantle. Then there comes that more like they're all teaching each other how to get down on the offensive line. And each guy that comes out and that's played as a first round pick on an offensive line, like you said, is he the Pro.
Speaker 2: Bowl or All Pro?
Speaker 5: Since we all give it kudos to folks. Shout out to the new offensive line coaches. Okay, who my friend Raon chen Young is the since the offensive line coach name Slari Clari Larry is also And they came in right and and there was a problem. Right you came in and you said, hey, man, even with all the shifts that we had this season, Tyres Smith being out, Tyler Smith being our zachmar all these shifts, you got guys making the Pro Bowl All Pro lists. Right now, offensive line is starting to look like a stremp going into the playoffs. Like you got to give give some props to the guys who came in and said, hey, we changing everything or whatever it is, we changing and we're gonna be better because of it than they have been.
Speaker 3: Just cut cap. On my conversation with Will about Thomas, he said, we drafted to be a left tackle. So and ultimately I'm sure Joby Brain and his agent they would like to see Tylers bowl line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, left tackle spot, money's a little different out there. Afferen you know that guard thing.
Speaker 3: That's that's nice, but right out out here like a yeah, Texas t a whole.
Speaker 2: Lot of gold.
Speaker 3: Hold lot of my bag out there at the left tackle spot. So at some point in time when they make that transition from seventy seven to Tyler Smith, they're in good hands. And so this is going to be very interesting because come draft time one more time, what do you do? Do you look to address the guard or tackle spot one more time? And you've got a center position. So there's stuff going out there. But give the Cowboys credit as you look at this list. Jack Mark drafted c d Lamb, they drafted dron Bland, they drafted Michael Parsons, they drafted Brandon Aubrey. They went out and found I mean, that's that's a that's a heck of a list. When you think about and Dak Prescott, these are your guys, that's that's that's that's big time right there. To have that many guys and they're all homegrown. I don't think the Cowboys getting credit for what they've done. And Will McClain terms of scouting and developing.
Speaker 2: What's that three?
Speaker 4: That's three first rounders and then what three just passed?
Speaker 2: The fourth round picks?
Speaker 3: Four fifth tyrings of first rounder? Zach's the first round or Ceedee Lamb is a first rounder, Mike is a first rounder four. So I mean, that's that's pretty that's pastots to me.
Speaker 2: I think, really two guys.
Speaker 5: I don't know how y'all feel about this, but d Run Bland obviously the year that he's had, but also just that he after Trayvon Diggs went down, I think everybody was a little shook, like, what are we going to do next? How is this secondary going to be impacted? And I think it was the correct me. If I'm wrong, if it was the forty nine er game that Trayvon did before the forty nine ers game when he went down and Darrun Bland came in, was that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 5: But but what I'm saying is I don't think we took a step back in terms of the secondary and his play, the way that he's played, And I mean, again, that's just another feather in the cap of Will McLay being able to identify that kind of talent.
Speaker 2: He's led the team in interceptions two years in row.
Speaker 5: And so for a young guy, that's another one of those bright spots that you're saying, all right, the futures, all right, we can build around this piece as well in the secondary.
Speaker 3: Tremendous job, man, I mean you just took that. And then just when you mentioned Trayvon Diggson two years ago, he's on this list, first team All Pro, led the league in interceptions, another guy that they drafted, and church, you and I were on point that year saying we wanted to see them take digs in the first round, but they take Cede Lamb and they get you know, they get hit in the next I mean, think about that draft. Wow, you shit up here and get two dudes All Pro first and second round. That's that's straight up hitting. Yeah, that is straight up hitting.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: So props to them, and we give all this love and we talk about that. But the business at hand is the Green Bay Packers on Sunday and the Cowboys are favored by a touchdown. Wanted to throw this at you guys, and we spoke earlier about the Cowboys. We always be about them, trying to stop them.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 3: Aaron Jones three straight games of twenty touches one hundred and ten plus yards in each of those games. To close out the shit here, what's our concern level on mister Jones.
Speaker 5: It's high so and the reason why you see the last three games of the numbers being that way is because he hadn't been healthy all season. He had been healthy. He's being in and out of the lineup. You see him sitting on the sideline most of the time. AJ Dillon's in there. But we all know that he's a dynamic guy. Anybody that watches football won anybody that plays fantasy football knows that Aaron Jones is a matchup nightmare for linebackers coming out of the backfield. And he also can capture the edge on you and turn the corner and make you look like a fool when you're trying to trying to get that angle.
Speaker 2: He's an angle breaking guy. So I think it worries me because we have not been.
Speaker 5: Stout against the runs over the entirety of the season, So that is always my worry with this defense. Though, if you can stop the run and put the game in the quarterbacks hands to where they have to go out and consistently make throws and get first downs and make the right reads to find the right guys and then also evade the pressure that we're gonna be putting on them.
Speaker 2: Then that works. They are in our favor. But and I stopped the run.
Speaker 5: I'm always gonna be worried about this defense because it just looks different. Our team looks different when we're not able to stop the run. All hat to the ball on Aaron Jones, and it's like it reminds me of Michael Jordan versus the Portland Trailblazer. Every time he saw the Portland Trail Blazer and he went off. And that's how Aaron Jones has been us. He's been a thrown in our side. That guy from the University of Texas. L Passo grew up a Dallas Cowboy fans, but he fan, but he loves victimizing Dallas Cowboys. And the last time we saw them in Green Bay, he was the catalyst. I don't know if you man BC. I talked about I go back to this game over and over again. Last year's game in Green Bay, how that looked like a game that we had under raps.
Speaker 2: We fourteen point league. We should have won that game. But Aaron Jones.
Speaker 5: You know he does the beast mode into the end zone, you know what I mean, And it's like, yes he did, and out about that, Yeah he did bit smollering the end zone.
Speaker 2: I was going and get to rewatch it either and it was bad.
Speaker 5: It was bad, And it's just I'm I'm worried because I feel like, well, you know, dan Quinn has to be in a position where he's saying, look, they're going to try and attack us on the outside.
Speaker 2: They're gonna try and reach those edges.
Speaker 5: And a lot of times with those you talk about, those those those te stunts that were used to doing this may be the same thing where we're saying, look, we just got to stay in our lanes and rush up the field. We cannot get caught out of position, stay keeping that lane integrity. So I really am curious to see how dan Quinn plays this because look, Green Bay does not They do not perform well under pressure, meaning when you're getting pressure on their quarterback, when Jordan Love is having to read and react quickly, that's where you get the worst version of him. But when they can go and give the ball to Aaron Jones and he's effective, that's when you get the best version of him. And that's why you've seen lately over the last end of the season, how Green Bay has been performing. It's been because Aaron Jones has had those great games.
Speaker 3: Dan Quick spoke about that. The play action passing is where they're really able to do some stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you look at you know, Aaron Jones, he's a problem man. He was here, was it two three years ago? Was a twenty nineteen when he came here, ran all over the place and you know, had three four touchdowns. So this this guy's a problem and he kind of reminds me of what James Cook was able to do, you.
Speaker 2: Know with Buffalo.
Speaker 4: No, don't say that's just the ability wise, I'm not saying he gonna throw up two sixty six, but ability wise, you know, they're the same type of back you know, very explosive, can capture the edge. And I think James Aaron Jones is a little bit better as a receiver out of the backfield. And we know since he hasn't been healthy, he hasn't really had that role this year, but has he's come.
Speaker 2: Back these last three games.
Speaker 4: He's a healthy Aaron Jones now and they're using them all over the field, whether it's out of the backfield as a receiver, you know, capturing the edge. And what also concerns me is because it's not only the edge that they're going to try to capture.
Speaker 2: They got dialing in there as well.
Speaker 4: And if he you know, if one guy's hitting the edge and the other guy is able to tender rise the defense out there, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a tough matchup.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be a tough matchup because they're so different as far as styles of running.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it talking about like like Zeke and TV seeing that we have we seen that it's the same thing. And you're the fact you knew, you know, going Toto a game, you.
Speaker 4: Tackling this guy for so many times, then another you know, flash of lightning comes out. You're not used to that pace. He can confuse the defense a little bit. So this is this is a problem. It's gonna be like of a matchup.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you bring the AJ dealing up because he is that that hammer to their their backfield. And I think that the Cowboys to me and I look at the line, go back to the lineback and grow up. DeMont Clark and Marquis Bell. They have to come up big in this game. And it's a Packers offensive line that really is going to have to be the catalyst for them being able to run. And I just don't see that offensive line being as strong as they were in years past. Yeah, I agree with you, you know so, I mean so that that's why I look at the moon Clark and Bell and guys like that, and also Tank Lawrence and say, man, you have to have a great game.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get our first break in here. As we are inching closer and closer to game day, Barry Church will be out there, probably going out to the game.
Speaker 2: Y know who he's been a Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Mitchell said, you can starts seeing some of that wintry mix around three o'clock and after the game he said, you know it's gonna be tough. So yeah, yeah, I only ever bring in Church may leave so you get home, okay. Won't be mad at you, be mad at man that wind.
Speaker 5: You know them rolls.
Speaker 3: Nothing to play without you.
Speaker 2: Nothing to play with here.
Speaker 3: All right, let's dive in more into this matchup next, and a pretty cool order for Dak Prescott besides just making the second team ap All Pro Do that next with Damame craig Heg Maharris a Barry Church on new Sorts. Play us that about you bought those deeds.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smearenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that it is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players lounge, you know the drill.
Speaker 5: Dallas Cowboy Nation White Out at at and T Stadium this weekend.
Speaker 2: Show up for our boys as they take on Py You got come on, guys really earlier. Yeah, as we take all Green Bay in the twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: NFL Wild called round in the all white game day outfit had to the all pro had to the pro shop near you, a log one to shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com, a Fanatics experience to find your white year. Let's let lets let us tell you when to read this time. This man started early. It was still Christmas.
Speaker 2: Just let you want to know.
Speaker 5: He did not say that. He said, he said, one of you are going to have to tell him when to go. We heard the same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't have headphone.
Speaker 5: Hey man, we're gonna we're gonna seeing Happy Birthday to christ Christ's birthday to day birthday. You got voice, you got, but I would you know, you know, maybe later next next commercial break.
Speaker 3: I just I just brought up some Chrispy Kremes and some some smell gooods.
Speaker 5: I mean, after what you just did, you get him some Christmy Kreans and some smelldude.
Speaker 2: Got them early.
Speaker 5: Fine.
Speaker 9: I see, I see you point out him like the whole first sentence.
Speaker 5: They gonna come back and they just gonna be like, well, I don't know what this you want some of this two old man, No buy.
Speaker 2: This man. That's these nice people. Oh man, I hate me and Tyrinsman. Tolerate you dudes. Seven Tolerting Man, you jumped the gun. He got excited. Get the telephon.
Speaker 3: Dak Prescott name finalist for the FedEx Air Player of the So your nominees Dak Prescott, Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tongue of Ioloa and Roll Tide San Francisco quarterback.
Speaker 2: Rock Party Pig.
Speaker 3: Rock Party, who led the NFL and passed rating, ranked third, in touchdown passes fourth and completions. Then you had two who led the league in passing yards. Then you had Dak Prescott, who finished number one in the league in touchdown passes ranked second and passer rating and completion percentage and third in passing yards. So this Dack had at least ten games of two hundred fifty yards to pass and multiple touchdown passes and six games with at least three touchdown passes, both the most in the NFL this season. Became the first quarterback in the NFL with four games in a season with a completion percentage of eighty or higher.
Speaker 5: How many games did Party miss? Did he play the last game? Did he miss any injury? He just didn't play the left of him on the marble out for that?
Speaker 2: That was it. It was gonna be a tight racist that that off. Was it? Offensive Player of the Year. Yeah, that's gonna because you got Tyreek.
Speaker 4: You think automatic Deck's tree, you think, okay that when they're gonna go Tyreek.
Speaker 3: Over, I think they will go Tyreek. I saw a couple so I saw a couple of ballots, and so I've seen Tyreek his names up there as well. Did you see dan Orlowski's hm.
Speaker 2: What you got? What he had? That three? He had that three?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 5: I think it was Lamar Lamar Tyreek in that and then that so it was and I don't know the first two orders, but the third was thought Lamar was first.
Speaker 3: They look the fact that he had Deck's name there was said enough right, They're like, okay, at least at least he did that. You know, you never knew what home boy comes up with some interesting concepts about what he believes is going to be good and who he dying on the hill on. So the fact that he did that for Dak, I'm like, okay, at least he put him there. But yeah, I mean these guys who it's an interesting thing when guys put their their ballots out there for the.
Speaker 2: Hall of or m v P.
Speaker 3: Because I don't I don't know if I want to do that. Well you opening yourself up. You don't have to.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 3: Like it's like somebody didn'tvote for got forty nine votes for the first team off for what one dude said no? So then you know, you know what's gonna happen that.
Speaker 2: I said yes? What me?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Wonder like King Griffy didn't get your nanimous in the Baseball Hall of Fame? Somebody who who did it? Who did it at his dad? Like three years ladies that were still hot to put it? It didn't make sense. I mean, even if you're not a baseball fan. You knew who k Griffy was, Like, dude, that that guy help ball player, help ball player. But anyway, so Dak Prescott with the opportunity to win that award without kelling help.
Speaker 2: I'm mad at the lab. Man, give up mad a year in the laugh man, you need a year off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm saying, the media lab and you send him, you send him to Wisconsin him.
Speaker 9: Sitting quick exactly? Can I get it for a week? Can I get it at the fire going? You know, come here in the back. Mike burnt that lab down. No secrets, those cigarets coming up.
Speaker 2: That's cheat at the carter.
Speaker 5: The last person to go in the lab is Mike because he don't want nobody finding out what's in there because he came out with the magic and if it's me, I don't want nobody nobody going in the like no, no, no, because everybody think it's a super place to go. Shout out to you, big Mike, burn it down the lab. Kelly can't go in there. Try to let Kellen go in there.
Speaker 2: Mike like you don't want to go He's big Mike. Ain't like that, ain't Patty like that. He's gonna let he's gonna let Kellen get up in there. And he had a chance when he was here to get in the lab.
Speaker 5: He gonna you know, Big Mike was sitting at me, like, I think you should run in I was like, nah, I like it.
Speaker 2: He was like, all right, I will run. That's the way I think we should run.
Speaker 5: The trap to the love figure, No the right, don't go ahead, do it your way, player, do it.
Speaker 3: Your way, and he got like parcels at some point in time. Is ain't a suggestion. It's not a suggestion at all at all. Here the Packers are the youngest playoff team UH in this year's tournament, and the Cowboys surprisingly are the second youngest. That that is that is to me very impressive because I didn't think so, especially when you think about how many you know, they got Zach Martin, you got got tired, so you got some older players, and you know you got Tank Lawrence me Dak is now thirty years old. So that to me also goes to show you, in my opinion, how good of a coach Mike McCarthy is, because coaching young players is you know, you guys know, it comes with some stuff at times. Man, Young players make mistakes and you got to grow up, and they've done a good job of it. I think that's something that.
Speaker 2: I tip that.
Speaker 5: And when you're when you're veteran players are Dak Prescott, uh, DeMarcus Lawrence and those type tyrant Smith is that when they're those type of guys, it makes it a little bit easier when you got like some reckless guys who are veterance right and then and then the young guys then go and following you like you're trying to follow him. No, that's not, that's not that's not a good guy to follow, because that dude's gonna take you to the deep end and be like, hey, he was doing his own thing. That dude, he did his own thing. But that's that's surrounding this team. Uh, you know, stockpiling guys around, young dogs, you know, around these veteran players. So now that's the part that I love about when you talk about how young this team is. You got some young some really good young guys around that veteran those are in talented guys which.
Speaker 3: In some ways to picking up right there is this could help you as you have to redo these contracts. It's got to say that you gotta pay Parsons coming up, and you need you need younger players to keep. That's where that's where Tyler Smith helps you.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: You got an extra year with him because he's a first round pick.
Speaker 4: And then once you know, seven seven decides to eventually hang him up, you move him outside.
Speaker 2: You got you know Hoffman, he showed some prophemise, you know, bast seven. Oh man, they got they got the formula.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, to stop practicing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got the formula.
Speaker 5: Most of the time, I don't even know the number on it. Tying was getting hurt, not in games. I think I've seen him get rolled up in the game one time, but most of the time you hear it coming out of practice, coming out of whatever their training camp, whatever that is. So they say, man, we're gonna stop wherever you're getting hurt at. We just gonna we're just gonna stop doing that and practice and come and to be honest, it's been better. Like you've see Hi pop up on an injury reporter once in a while with the you know, with the back of that time. But other than that, I think ever since he's not practiced as much, he's he's been fairly healthy compared to other seasons.
Speaker 2: You can't have him not practice all the way up into the season.
Speaker 5: I think it's just some days he's not practiced, and like the physics, like the full path, like one or two days.
Speaker 3: The year, Romo's day two. They gave Romo to.
Speaker 2: Day out some people. Some people have earned it. Tying has earned it.
Speaker 5: He has earned it, and and and and that's proven to have worked so far. So I mean, if he's gonna play that well and not have to practice.
Speaker 2: On the bands over there.
Speaker 3: So that's my thing when people talk about all right, let's say you want to replace Min McCarthy another coach who comes in here, Well, this is my system, this is what I want to do. Everybody has to practice. I mean that that to me, he seems to be where you also need your coach to put whatever ego aside that he has and whatever the program is to understand it. Hey man, this dude on Sundays is really important. He doesn't need to do everything everyone else does.
Speaker 5: It might be they choose in tiring over whoever the new guy is. Its hypothetically that's coming from above him, Like, hey, that dude not practice. He's not I don't care what you're talking about. You come over here with me. He ain't practicing, and that's that set the tone by making this dude practice and get them hurt when he still make it up.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, man, make it all pro out here.
Speaker 5: This old not playing in all the games, trying to figure out how to get it done, and still playing at that level when he's out there on the field. Now he ain't practicing. You want to sign the players low said, he ain't practice. That's all the validation.
Speaker 3: Might got to note.
Speaker 2: Now shut out of Timesmith.
Speaker 3: Hecker your thoughts on Gerid Mayo all, by the way.
Speaker 5: That's a tough position to be in if you're Gerrawi Mayo coming behind a legend. You know, I wish him well in that situation. I wouldn't want to be Girard Mayo. I wouldn't want to be the guy coming behind that. But I think you know he's he's he's a Patriot guy. You know, he's the only team he's ever played for won Super Bowl with him, so he knows that the Patriot way. I think he's gonna try and emulate a lot of the same things that Bill Belichick would also put his own spin on it. So you know, look, I love to see brothers getting opportunities in these capacities to be head coaches, and it doesn't take some silly, ruly rule to get them to do it. And I love the fact that the Craft family, you know, targeted him as the next head coach before even Bill Belichick retired.
Speaker 2: So I think that's a great thing.
Speaker 5: I think also, you know, they're in a position where they're gonna have to rebuild a lot of their team, So the quarterback position is the biggest place where they're going to have to look, and so that's what makes me nervous. If you don't have that piece, then I don't know what you what you got it.
Speaker 3: I thought about you because of Mike Tomlin and seeing where he replaced Bill Kauer and just that kind of thing and knowing your uncle Joe, you know, that whole understanding, that whole thing, I feel like in some ways, and I don't know what Male's relationship is with Mike, but that seems like that's a that's that's a lunch or coffee that needs to happen between those two for the understanding of being in that kind of position to replace a legendary franchise everything else that goes with it.
Speaker 5: No, And for for me with Tomlin, I think a lot of people don't talk about the Tony Dungeye influence on Mike Toumblin also and how level headed he is, and so I think that he's obviously had a lot of good mentors to be the coach that he is. But going from linebacker coach to head coach, man, it's a lot more responsibilities put on your plate. So I'm picking up my phone right now and I'm calling Houston Ryans right who in the same not not legendary organization, but quarterback.
Speaker 2: You gotta figure that out.
Speaker 5: Whole new receiving corps, got to figure out how you can get Nobody knew Nico Collins, they got tanked deal and figuring out then how to make sure that you are successful as a defensive coach but then as an offensive team. And you see a guy with the blueprint of how to do it in year one, right, He's also gonna have a lot of help from other different places. But seeing what Demiko Ryans did, I'm like, hey, man, any advice, Do you have any advice for me?
Speaker 2: Because they went out there offensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: Would you hire Josh McDaniels if you were your Mal, No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think I could just from the just from the you know, the players from the locker room all, you know, saying how they didn't like how he was running things, and just he doesn't seem like a player. I never met him personally, but he just doesn't seem like a player's got of me. So I wouldn't want my locker room torn in half right from the get go.
Speaker 2: Could you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't go that route.
Speaker 5: And again, like you just said, getting the band back together, wouldn't be interested in that having a guy that's been on staff. And I think for Gerard Mal, he's smart enough to understand that he's gonna have to it's gonna he's gonna have to put his imprint on it. And if you hire a guy like that, that's kind of blazing going down that same trail that someone else did. And so what I want to see him do is just go with all new uh you know, foul because he was staff. I mean, uh that that can help him out and be the best with him. It's a tough Like I said, it's a tough position to be in, especially coming behind somebody that's had that kind of success. But the expectation in Boston isn't going to be lowered because his graw mail.
Speaker 2: Next year he.
Speaker 5: Don't make the playoffs, it's gonna get a little bit hotter, a little bit hotter. So I just want to see what's what's what the expectation is of him and how successful they expect him to be and one two years as a heck. I think the best thing for for Mayo is that him and robber Craft have a really good relationship. Obviously, he's been there his entire time as a player, entire time as a coach. They I did him to make sure that he was the guy, So he has that relationship I e. Jason Garrett and UH and Jerry joneson where you look at it and you say, hey man, the owner has my back. He's gonna give me some time to get this thing figured out. He understands the position that I'm in, what we don't have, what we need, and the fact that this is my first time having an opportunity to be a head coach. So I think that bodes well for him having the opportunity to really put his imprints on the the New England Patriots. Go ahead, say some negative thank you, thank you. You only talk about one shirt, about one shirt, understand we got them thought it.
Speaker 3: Jason told me, fight is the whole program. So when the other shirts came off, that fight, it was still about fight and it was branching.
Speaker 5: So so so how did you feel when they was going twelve and four, thirteen thirteen, how did you feel you was still making fun of the shirts we're talking about they got the first scene.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'll tell you that. You just can't get off of me.
Speaker 3: Okay, trying now. I went up to the man, apologized to him a training kid, I said, but you know I owe you apology. I doubt it when he went twelve and four one Coach of the Year. That's what I did. So you asked, you asked what I would apologize?
Speaker 2: So what happened to the policy? Now? Because you.
Speaker 5: Over time time, we're making our picks for the apologized ten years ago, and I just come on in.
Speaker 2: I will make.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowl unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 5: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapped the press guy who looks white, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: To the players, loud.
Speaker 3: Yourre Dallas Cowboys return home to take on the Green Bay Packers in the wild Card round of the twenty twenty three Playoffs. Get ready to wipe out at at and T Stadium on Sunday, January fourteenth, at three thirty pm on Fox. It is time to seize everything. Playoff updates visit Dallas Cowboys dot com, slash play.
Speaker 2: Offs city all right, play as.
Speaker 3: Lunch details right here. We're here to start. Frisco Cowboys getting ready to take on them Packers. Packers are a seven point dog in this football game. Cowboys the opportunity to have two home playoff games. See what happens if they dance past that? So Cowboys some point favorite. I'm just gonna go ahead and do it right now. Let me put it down thirty to twenty, thirty one to twenty Dallas. There you go. That's that's I just feel like the cowboy you they have to win. This thing is like Tampa Bay last year. You got no choice. Losing is not an option. It's not an option. Come out here, you go get it done. So so ask me. I think the Cowboys go ahead, pull away at the end, throw up thirty one and finish.
Speaker 2: This team twenty seven twenty Cowboys.
Speaker 3: So you gotta cover in twins in twenty all right?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, No, I think the run is gonna be an issue.
Speaker 5: But I think our offense, the Gyre Alexander thing they got going on, I think Seed's gonna have a big time game, Tony. Probably this will be a seventy seven yard seventy seventy five yard rushing game in thirty yard receiving game. This will be the one. This is it.
Speaker 2: I believe that I'm with you on this.
Speaker 5: I really feel as though this is a game where Tony Tony Pollard has to take over this game if he's worth the thought that that that salary Green Bay is twenty eighth in Russian and so that that's the way you have to victimize them is in the running game. And so I'm going with the Cowboys in this one. Forty four to twenty three.
Speaker 4: Forty sticks past the sticks for this one. Let me go Cowboys twenty four Packers twenty one. You know, I feel like, you know, it's gonna be a lot tighter than you know, people think it is. In my opinion, you know, they got a bad rushing difference, but top ten pass defense, so it's gonna be a good one. But give me Cowboys twenty four twenty one.
Speaker 3: We're all on the same page, and I guess we're all in agreement. This is losing is not an option.
Speaker 2: You must get this burn. The boats can't do it. You want to both.
Speaker 5: Well, we're all on the same book, We're not all on the same page. You got a field goal, Yeah, I think I gotta cover. You got you got team so you yeah you heck, we got the biggest uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they just pull away. They're they're very good at home. I think the Packers are gonna fight. But I just think I just think in the second half they're going to pull away and figure this thing out because that's that's what they've done all year at home. I mean that's for me. I'm just going by what they've done all year at home, and it's just it's just been impressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah to me, No, I agree.
Speaker 5: I mean, you got to win this game regardless the pressure, even the pressure, how about the pressure? Not even say I wouldn't even say the word to them about the pressure. No, this is this is it. I mean, and you have the better team you That's that's it. You know who line up and you know you come to the stadium with a better group of guys. That that ap We're just talking about all the Pro Bowls, Pro Bowls you got on your squad, and how this season has transpired for you as a team. As Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott's relationship has flourished this season, I think this offense and the way that they that's what I'm that's what I want to see. I want to see this playoff offense take over. I mean, I know we've talked about the defense, but I think your offense is really going to have to be explosive if you get the results that you want. You got to and I feel like this is a game where Dak's gonna once again like how last year in Tampa Bay where he kind of just he was on fire. I think that'll happen early and often not just concerned it is you gotta you gotta stomp on Jordan Love early, like you got to take that confidence away from him because right now he's, like we said the last week, he's right on the wave right now where he's his confidence is high and.
Speaker 2: They feel like they can play with anybody.
Speaker 4: So to me, this defense gotta get after him early, make him uncomfortable, and uh it res alt, you know, back to what he was before he started rolling.
Speaker 5: Alexander, he going better, try going out, better, try you hit the boogie.
Speaker 2: I don't think of.
Speaker 5: Going out, but it's gonna I mean it's man, this is gonna be I think. Look, the mental toughness of the squad is gonna show. It's gonna come through, especially if it plays out the way like y'all scored like it's.
Speaker 2: Twenty one, twenty three, that's that's how you picked it. Twenty four. Yeah the field goal, field goal? Oh just don't see that.
Speaker 3: Chris being we're doing the rest of the games here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's do it. Okay, we got first game up. Brown's at Texans.
Speaker 5: So flag on his club. Baby, you're going age Town. Yeah, I'm going to Agstown, man, I'm going to Eagetown. And I think that it is going to be a low scoring games. I'm gonna go twenty one to nineteen Houston Texans at the crib. Oh that's right. Shout out to Nico, Shout out to CJ.
Speaker 2: Oh Brown.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Nico, shout out to CJ. I know Brown been making play with I'm just making he has been making play. He's been making play, making play. Got about it, Mark Cooper, I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with the Browns man on this one.
Speaker 2: In Agetown man twenty I'm just twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me to give me the Browns in this one as well. I think that defense for the Browns is legit, So yeah, give me them twenty eight, twenty four.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight, twenty four Cleveland. Give me Cleveland to win the game. Chris, what was it spread on that one?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 2: One point five?
Speaker 3: You know what, Give me Cleveland to win this thingeen five, twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I hope y'all got Peacock. I was gonna talk you all about this after the show. Speak get it free.
Speaker 11: Speaking of Peacock, the Dolphins are gonna go freeze their tails off literally in Kansas City's cold.
Speaker 2: That's a tough man. Give me the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Give me sold brother out there, give me the Dolphins, Tyreek Kill going back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: They should have beat them the first time after they gave him twenty one point spread twenty one point early on. So yeah, give me the Dolphins in this one. Thirty one twenty four is most of playing. Yeah, I believe so him man a Chan. I'll take Miami as well, but thirteen to ten it's gonna be freezing. Will be like a brick.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 5: We catch that thing with the body man surprised you will with Miami on this one, y'all must know something. I'm going can City on this. Yeah, I'm going to see super Bowl champion rest round out.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's tough, but I like that score. Thirteen to ten. I'm gonna go with fourteen to ten. Take Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chiefs, okay, so you go in case. Now, I'm trying to be consistent with what I did in Dallas Morning News. So I actually picked Houston.
Speaker 2: So will hear those bits? I'm right either way, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I went, I went he up here and I looked it was like, looked it up.
Speaker 5: So you wren't comportent to picked when you did it.
Speaker 2: The books shrugs.
Speaker 5: Taxi and bookkeeper was gonna come back, So what would you guys like me to do. We want you to go with your heart of how you feel today. That's what that counts. How do you feel today? He feels different now that he read it, because he's like, I'm not I remember.
Speaker 2: See I did it on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Actually we did it Wednesday, Wednesday morning, Wednesday, two days ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I wrote.
Speaker 2: It down here. You're gonna be right on somebody.
Speaker 3: I did so for this one, it was Kansas City by four. Give me a seventeen to seven Kansas City win.
Speaker 2: All right, all right.
Speaker 11: Next one we got up is Steelers at Bill's Ports are maybe snowing like crazy in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Big shot there, Steelers a ten point dog.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I think the dust going dust. I think the dust is going dust out there. Time to gonna pull something crazy out. So give me a snowfall crazy, give me a give me a seventeen thirteen Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: That is a that is an upset. That isn't that is an upset right there to just picked that too. But this is the best thing Pittsburgh could have could have hold snow. Yeah, man, I'm going on the snow yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going with the Steelers. I'm going to Steelers on this one. Also that it's gonna be a and upset because of the weather. Another low scoring game. So I'm just gonna go fifteen.
Speaker 2: To ten t J. White, No, I'm going with thee.
Speaker 5: They don't you with the dust, with the with the nine to six, ugly, ugly game. No, Nah, you know what, I'm going twelve to six. I don't know how they're gonna kick out that. Twelve to six here.
Speaker 2: Is gonna have a big day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty sixty seven Buffalo, Oh.
Speaker 2: Was stomped in the snow. All right, all right, we got some splits on this, Okay.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 11: Next up, we've got the Rams against the Lions. Lions hasn't had a playoff game in Detroit and over thirty years.
Speaker 2: First time give me Detroit in this one.
Speaker 4: You know, I know Matt Lion Stafford been rolling, but nah, give me give me the Lions twenty four seventeen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Lions have been I mean, the Rams have been looking a lot better over the last part of the season, pooping the core Cooper Cup guys like that. And I see we've seen firsthand how you can victimize that secondary for the Lions, and I think Stafford is the man for the job going back home, so it ain't much of a home field advantage, and that's because it's the house he built, basically. So I'm going with the Rams and then come on, Rams with me going with their twenty eight to seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: I think Laporter is out is I am going with the Rams just based on the fact that Laporter is out of the game.
Speaker 2: It's my defensive tracked. It's like twenty something twenty seven. Damn do coach for him, So that would be a little wrong. They stop talking about trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: Give me the Rams thirty one twenty four, Give me the Lions thirty one twenty four.
Speaker 2: You flipped it.
Speaker 5: I did flip forgot about my homie on the li my home day night.
Speaker 3: The Philadelphia Eagles, Tampa Bay, give me Baker Mayfins, Tampa Bay. Todd Bowles winning this game twenty four to fourteen.
Speaker 2: Goes Rocky me Philly, Me Philly in this one twenty eight seventeen.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely going with Tampa Bay. Yeah, definitely going with Tampa in this one. Doesn't matter either way, But I'm Tampa and I'm gonna go seventeen seventeen seven. I'm gonna go Tampa to twenty to thirteen.
Speaker 3: All right, got bak enjoyed Chris Bean Happy birthday. By the way, calend Boy klend Bor of Washington has agreed to become the next coach at the University of Alabama.
Speaker 5: And uh, Cowboy Nation, I hope your team wins.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Passsssssssssssssssss.