Speaker 1: All right, break it down.
Speaker 2: If you ever have feelings that you just won't some Amy and Cat got your cove and locking No, brother, ladies and felons, do you just follow an the spirit where it's telling over real stuff, tell the chill stuff and the m but sway. Sometimes the best thing you can do it just stop you feel things. This is feeling things.
Speaker 3: With Amy and Kat.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday. Welcome to feeling things. I'm Amy and.
Speaker 3: I'm Kat, and I am feeling empowered today.
Speaker 1: That is the feeling of the day, feeling.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 1: And why.
Speaker 3: Well, so before I get into why I'm feeling empowered, I do want to I guess you could call this well it is a compliment. You know how we've talked about not knowing how to dress and like watching these people and them saying where this not that whatever, blah blah blah. I've been seeing a lot of videos about how the one piece of clothing you need for this season is a crew neck sweater.
Speaker 1: Oh you're wearing? Is that what I'm wearing? The white T shirt underne Yeah you know this one girl. I didn't do this today because I felt like I was going to be uncomfortable. But She said she wears her white shirts the T shirt she wears undersweaters backwards because the back of the neck sits higher up, so that way the white part really shows. So that could be a pro tip that I've never tried.
Speaker 3: Also, people take fashion tape and tape their crew neck to their white shirt so it stays.
Speaker 1: Oh see, because I will say I've had the problem today of like having to pull it down to make sure that the white is showing, because.
Speaker 3: The fashion tape is probably more comfortable, yeah.
Speaker 1: Than wearing it backwards. You has a thick tag, and I'm like, I don't want that like on my neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I just wanted to empower you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you pause pause, paws for the compliment. My boyfriend. It's so cute, you know, because he listens to our podcast. I didn't know he listened as much as he did, and I can't say that he's listened to every single episode. But the other day he gave me a compliment and I really didn't take it well, like I just sort of like what no, And he was like he looked at me and goes, thank you, pause paus, pause paus, And I was like, oh, touche, Okay, you've been listening to the podcast, so he knows and he retains info and male listener check. All right, So why are you feeling empowered? And thank you for empowering me.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. I'm feeling empowered because I was at a presentation recently and I had taken these notes and I just hadn't. I guess I forgot about them. I was going back through like I was trying to clean up my notes app, which I'm assuming your notes app looks kind of like my notes app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've never thought about cleaning it up, should I? Because I mean, I do have a storage is shoe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think mine was because I have a storage shoe and I have all these notes and it's like chicken thighs, What am I gonna do next Saturday? Like it's like the randomest stuff on the same note, like they don't make sense. But I had this. I found this one note that had notes from this presentation I went to and I don't know, I'm assuming it was from this person. I wish I could credit them, but of course, knowing me, the notes had no other context of it, and it was just a quote that the person said are you looking up your notes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, what are your notes look like?
Speaker 1: What did Santa bring the naughty soccer Flayer?
Speaker 3: What Cole get it?
Speaker 1: Gold col? Okay, I that was I don't know. That's the note I ended up on. I have lots of those.
Speaker 3: You probably could delete that.
Speaker 1: What what if I need it? Here's another note. I met Kat exactly four years ago.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: And that was on February fifteenth, twenty twenty four. I must have been journaling about it. Wait, why how did you just randomly find that? Just kidding? It must be notes from a fifth a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we met on in February.
Speaker 1: What, Well, it was February twenty twenty four, and we met in February of twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Wait did that? Oh? That didn't say the date we met.
Speaker 1: It's a day that I made the notes, was what it? Well, it must have been a fifth thing where we were talking about maybe we met exactly four years ago at that time, and it was February twenty twenty four, and then if we met in February twenty twenty that's four years. Oh.
Speaker 3: I was just hoping that the date was like maybe the same day that I met Patrick that could be like my lucky what day did you meet Patrick February fifteenth?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't think. Yeah, maybe maybe we did. Maybe we did, maybe we didn't. I will I could look it up because I could look at what day we recorded outweigh in twenty twenty, because Lisa flew into town. I know that it was right before COVID hit New York because she's from New York and she was in Nashville and then flew out, and then the torn happened here, and then she got back and New York was starting to get really eerie. Yeah, and so it was bizarre for her. She's like wow, because it had the tornado happened like earlier, she would have been here. No, No, No, she didn't. She would probably wouldn't come because I had no electricity. She stayed with Like, no, I had to go stay in a hotel because it's like a block from my house.
Speaker 3: Because you were in your old house. Okay, every lane Okay. So I'm feeling empowered because I came across this note from this presentation. I can't remember who it was. I could probably figure it out at some point, but the note just said, when you're feeling judged to get down on yourself, consider the source. Is the source qualified to be giving judgment? Oh and I just thought, like it's so simple. That's like the simplest thing ever. It's like the we say things like that all the time. But the thought of like, consider the source hit me a little different because I'm so hard on taking information from people that aren't reliable, you know that about me. I'm not going to take recommendations for things from somebody who's not qualified in the medical field, if it's about medical stuff, if it's about nutrition, I'm not going to be taking recommendations for somebody that's just a random person with no credentials. And so why are we so quick to take judgment or feedback or recommendations on how we should be living or what we're doing wrong or right when the people don't really know much about us and our stories.
Speaker 1: And yeah, they're professional in US.
Speaker 3: In US, well, I just thought that was so interesting, which.
Speaker 1: A side note on that, you'll love that. In China, I believe I think it was late October, they implemented a law where people online like social media platforms, have to have some form of certification, license or degree in whatever it is they're talking about.
Speaker 3: Wait, are you for real?
Speaker 1: I'm as for real as the article that I came across. Okay, so I mean you can fact check it, but I did.
Speaker 3: That's cool, see that.
Speaker 1: I think maybe Mosh had it in his newsletter or something.
Speaker 3: Now, the only thing that is coming up for me as feedback for that or criticism of it, is it kind of does censor your like freedom of speech.
Speaker 1: A little bit? Well, you know, yeah, I'm not going to say that that's what they're into, but yeah.
Speaker 3: That might be what they're into. But part of that makes sense because there's a lot of misinformation out yes, and there's a lot of confusion, and you can get very overwhelmed easily. Anybody who has the Internet knows that well.
Speaker 1: And I'm the opposite of you of you. You know, you're like, you know, I don't want to take advice from anybody unless they are an expert in X Y Z. And I'm like, did you see this person on TikTok? I have no idea their background, but they said yeah, and I you know.
Speaker 3: Go with it, go with it.
Speaker 1: So you're right, I need to be more cautious in that area. And then here in the US, if we could just implement that law, that'd be great, which I do understand the censorship behind it, but it would be great if if you're gonna talk about something medical or give advice about serious then like, yeah, go ahead and slap your credentials at the beginning of the video.
Speaker 3: And if you want to talk about it, like this could be taken different ways. So I want to be somewhat careful and how I say it, but like, if you want to be a therapist, you can do it, Like you can go to school and get licensed in it, and then there's a track for you to be able to then have that channel.
Speaker 1: You know, well, yeah, there's a lot of life coaches that would be in trouble. Yeah, and I do if we were in China and there's a place for life coaches, I agree, you.
Speaker 3: Say, like if you stay in your lane, I don't there. I recommend some of my clients to go to life coaches for certain things that like are out different from what I do. So it's not even like hating on that. It's like, oh, like if you want to be a doctor be giving medical advice, like you could do that now Easier said than done. I know that finances and all of that, but still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's true. There's there's a nuance here, and I guess it depends at the end of the day ut or rather live here than there.
Speaker 3: So yes, we just have Channa just put in our doc a new rule, so you're not this is credible. Oh yeah, back it up with the source. A new role from Cyberspace Administration of China CAC requires influencers to have a degree, license, or professional certification before creating content on serious topics like medicine, law, or finance. Social media platforms are now responsible for verifying influencer credentials, ensuring proper citations, and adding disclaimers. I think part of that can be very helpful. Yeah, Like, I think again it's more nuanced than just like you have to have this. And this also says like certifications, So there are plenty of certifications that don't require to go to grad school to be able to speak on certain things exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, as I was thinking about this quote that I found, it was kind of just reflecting on some things I was feeling a little bit. It's well, I'll just say I won't even qualify it I was just feeling insecure about of just thought about myself and feedback that people might be having about myself. It reminded me of I did a episode on You Need Therapy, probably like three years ago, on failure, and I think it was because I was asking people, like, what's the one thing that keeps you from going out and following your dreams or like going for the things you want? And it was the fear of failure. So I did a whole episode on it. And I found this report and it was from Populace and Gallop. So if you want to go back.
Speaker 4: And life, yeah, and they said, while less than ten percent of Americans to find personal success in status oriented terms, a vast.
Speaker 3: Majority beliefs is at large does. So I'm gonna say that again. So less than ten percent of Americans qualify success within status oriented terms, So like money, career? Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking you even think it would be higher. Well, so okay, follow up a higher percentage of people.
Speaker 3: Well you're you're proving the point less than ten percent people really qualify success within that realm. However, the vast majority of people think that other people do.
Speaker 1: Yes, we think it's higher, but it's really not.
Speaker 3: Yes, So we live in a world where we're and I think that there's this. Even explaining this, my head kind of gets in like a swivel because it's hard to grasp that. Like, we're all walking around, well most of us, actually, the vast majority most of us are walking around thinking that success comes from things like quality relationships, or family, or or having connection and love, all having fun like all of this stuff. Most of us are walking around thinking that. But then we're walking around thinking that everybody else is judging us in a different way, and everybody else thinks a different way. So then what happens is our behaviors because we want people to think we're successful, and because I mean we live in a world that values success, because we have a skewed idea of what people think successes, we end up chasing things that we don't actually even think matter. We think other people think they matter, therefore then we think they matter. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, no, I see how you can get a little twisted up with but yeah, it does make sense. And I do think that there is something in aging and maturity and growth life experience that where that some ages you may have that perspective and then there is a shift, like where something happens and you realize the reality of like what's important hopefully if you're lucky, Otherwise you could end up chasing that your entire life. I mean, I think of my dad, for example, like he's someone that chased something well into his late sixties. I think it was maybe seventy even I don't know. I'd have to look at the calendar to see when the actual shift happened. But I was in my thirties and he was really old when he had his sort of wake up call of like, oh my gosh, I've been chasing the wrong thing, and like this is what's really important. And he did get to live out several years with that perspective, thank goodness. But I think you probably wish he would have had that epiphany sooner. Well.
Speaker 3: I think that speaks to the quote in the beginning of are those people qualified to be making judgment?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: It's another way to look at do I need to put so much of my stake in what other people think about me? Because at the end of the day, I don't really know, and like they might be basing that off of a skewed idea as well, and that also brings up we've talked about before. I don't know if on this podcast, but on the fifth thing back in the day, the Regrets of the Dying. Yeah, And for anybody who isn't familiar, there is this hospice nurse that she ended up writing this book. She would ask, I mean she's at the end of the end stage of life with all of her patients.
Speaker 1: Which that's the end. That's what hospice is. I don't know that everybody is familiar with it. I had never heard of hospice till my mom entered it. Really, I had no idea that hospice literally equaled end of life. When we went to this hospice house in Austin, we thought we could eventually be checking our mom out and she was going to come home and like live life like that was my ignorance. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: It's also like a hard wake up called yeah.
Speaker 1: But I guess I'm just sharing that because if you haven't experienced it and you don't know, you may not really have a full understanding of like hospice's Yeah, you know, you can be in hospice for your life. You could be there for a long time, but your quality of life is it's not necessarily going to improve. It just meant to keep you comfortable palliative care. And I did not realize that. And I remember when my sister and I were there and they handed us this pamphlet that was sort of explaining it, and I remember pacing the hall and being like, why are they giving us this pamphlet about like, you know, preparing for her death.
Speaker 3: You know, like we literally know that's what you were doing.
Speaker 1: No, we learned at the hospice house that she wasn't ever going to leave the hospice house.
Speaker 3: But so you weren't aware of like the stage of life.
Speaker 1: No, that's why I guess I'm clarifying for anybody, like they may not know, Oh, hospice nurse, Like that's specifically a nurse that is dealing with people that are in their final day's ish even though hospice can last a long time for some people. But that's not very common. But my mom before she fell conscious unconscious there because she went unconscious at the hospice house. But before she's like I want to leave, like I want to go home, Like I don't, I don't know what's going on? But I really really really want to be at home. And once we realized this was going to be her final time, then we totally didn't anticipate her losing consciousness. Like it was a procedure where they need to put a catheter in her and I can't remember if they sedated her for that or something. It was going to be painful, and then she just like never came out. But what was really terrible about that? Not to be a debbie down her, but she yelled at me that morning and it was only because I was trying to take her to the bathroom, hence why we ended up needing the catheter. But I picked her up, tried to carry her to the bathroom and she just didn't have the strength and me touching her, she was so frailed that she like screamed at me. And then I was like, what do you do? I'm trying to I'm like literally trying to help you when you're yelling at me. But I did not realize the like it just was, you know, you're you're processing so much and I think I was just surviving and I this one one of my last memories with her being conscious and I'm like, well, dang it, mom, to go out yelling each other, which is pretty like our style attracts. So we had a really really difficult relationship when I was a teenager. But then in my twenties, after I my brain fully developed probably twenty five shout out frontal cortex. You know, I think I needed to fully mature to like have a good relationship with her.
Speaker 3: Your mom just wanted to remind you where you came from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she would always tell me. She was like you just wait, you just wait wait. I mean, and then now I have kids and I'm like, okay, I get it. I get it. I get it. But she knowed to being my best friend, So there is hope. So for other moms out there, like if you're having a difficult time with your teenager, just wait until maybe they're twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's pretty normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then we got tight and then yeah, back to hospice. In case anybody didn't.
Speaker 3: Know what that was, thanks us on that journey.
Speaker 1: Just clarified it for you.
Speaker 6: Well, I serve being shocked, yeah, anything like what like I didn't know, And there was this place I was also the Christopher House, like I thought, this cute little house my mom's going to hang out in for a couple of days, and it's like people die there.
Speaker 1: But then my mom was very clear. So after she went unconscious, we were like, we need to transfer her to my sister's house because she wants to be in a home. Yeah, and like then they were like, are you sure. So then she was unconscious and we transferred her to another bed unconscious. Did the hospice nurse come to your house then yes, So then you set up a plan where a hospice nurse can come to the house. And her hospice nurses were so great. They were just so great. They brought so much joy to our house. Like they were just awesome.
Speaker 3: Think about the type of person who would want to go into that field.
Speaker 1: You have to be awesome, well.
Speaker 3: I would think, so, you have to be a I think it takes a special type of person to work in transitioning people into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, we can add the final signs of death, which is what we're originally talking about.
Speaker 3: I don't signs of death, it's the regrets of the dying, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, let me share signs of death.
Speaker 3: Purple skin cold to the touch. While I do this, Shannon, can you look up the author of this book, The Regrets of the Dying. I want to say her name is Bonnie.
Speaker 1: Yes, her name was Bonnie, yes, but I can't think of her last name.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think I started this Clyde Bronnie. I wanted to say Bonnie Claire.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I thought Bonnie Clyde.
Speaker 3: Bronnie where Bronnie where Bronnie where? Okay? So Brownie Ware was a hospice nurse and she would ask her patients what regrets they had, and she put them into these five different categories. I can't remember all five of them, so maybe Shannon can put those into the dock. But the number one regret of the dying was I wish I spent less time being who I thought other people wanted me to be and more time being who I am and being myself. And that hits me every time I talk about this. I feel just as strongly about it because I'm like, if people who are dying are saying this, we know it's important. They're dying, and that's the thing they look back on, and we're like, it wasn't important. What was important was being myself, and that's what I wish I would have done. I take that to heart, so in all of this stuff that I'm talking about, it is a good reminder for me to be like, Okay, when it comes down to me dying, I'm not going to care as much about what these people are thinking. So I might as well just be myself, do what I want to do, go after the things I want to go after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you're right. The people we need to be listening to are the ones that no us are will know us or they're dying. Oh, which I have. The first regret I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the ones ever the whoops, you already just said that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, just kid, it's hard to repeat it or.
Speaker 1: Repeat that one. Second one I wish I hadn't worked so hard. The third one I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings. Feeling of the day. Empowered is the way.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, Houston, don't cut that out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the other one is I wish I'd had the feeling things. Podcast's kidding. I wish I'd stayed in touch with my friends and then another one is I wish I'd let myself be happier. That one's hard to know that you lived a life knowing that you could have been happier, which some of that is like doing those other things would have made you happy and all that. Like Cindy Luho who on Instagram? Get to me? Yeah, you, She'll send me a mean DM And next thing you know, I'm spiral ing and I'm like, who is Cindy lu Who Who? And I go to her page.
Speaker 3: And it's it's.
Speaker 1: No, she's not.
Speaker 3: Consider the source. That'll be a new thing for us to just say, like, s I B consider the source. C t S.
Speaker 1: CTS that's agency or a cat stand c I A c T E that's the football ct ct S, c T t S c t S. Were you a cheerleader ever?
Speaker 3: Okay? First of all, the way you asked that, I feel like ever, first of all, yes, and let me tell you about it. Okay, I made the football squad in seventh grade. I feel like I've told you.
Speaker 1: This, so sorry, I forgot.
Speaker 3: Dare you I not remember? I haven't some good Laura cheerleading days?
Speaker 1: Sorry, little Jesus, I remember that name.
Speaker 3: So when I was younger. So this is a perfect example. Thank you for bringing up when I was a cheerleader, because.
Speaker 1: Well, technically you were in the football squad.
Speaker 3: No, the football squad, cheerleading squad. It was the best squad to be on. There was the number one.
Speaker 1: Squad, football squad. Like, well, if you're a cheerleader, or you.
Speaker 3: Could be on the basketball squad, the football squad or the wrestling dance team. Cheerleaders ye to the rest and the ranking was football squad best basketball, second best wrestling, third, best dance team.
Speaker 1: Oh dang, I was on the dance team.
Speaker 3: But I think also you could be on the dance that.
Speaker 1: Was also on the dance team. Back row, I was also on the dance team. Didn't make every dance. No, it's not because I was tall. Thank you for that, though. I think it's because that's where they put people because they weren't as visible, you know. But that so I did cheerleading, I did dance team, and then when I realized that wasn't really for me, I did cheerleading. Also still wasn't for me. I probably would have been cheering for the wrestlers. But anyway, you were on a.
Speaker 3: Good squad, so this is what a team. Yeah, yes, so I can say that now as a as a human that knows that I don't have any dancing rhythm or skill. So it is very confusing when I look back on this. But this is tied to all of this because when I was a kid, I tried everything. I tried out for the basketball team, I tried it for the In what world was I trying out for the cheerleading squad. I wasn't a cheerleader. I did dance when I was like four, I played soccer, so like I just randomly was like, Oh, I'm in middle school and they have a cheerleading squad, I'll try out for it. I was on the indoor swim team, which some people said that was a weird way to say it. I guess it's just a year round swim team. I played everything and tried out for anything I wanted to do when I was younger, and that is not how I live my life as an adult.
Speaker 1: It because you had no fear, you mean, because.
Speaker 3: I think as a kid there are different expectations. So for me, as this is me looking back with the brain of a thirty five year old. So I wish I could go back and talk to myself at eleven or twelve, but I imagine that I was like, oh, I've never been a cheerleader before, so I'm going to try out and if I don't make it cool, like but why not try out? But as an adult, we have different expectations where we're like, oh, if I'm going to do something, I need to do it well because it would be embarrassing, or the expectations are different. But if I'm new at something, I've never done it before. I wish I could have the brain as a kid as an adult, because then we would go out and do more like speaking of your improv stuff, like I am not going to go to an improv class because that I feel like I'm gonna now get myself in a position where like you're like, I challenge you to go.
Speaker 1: Do it now if you go, I would go with you. I don't want to challenge you to it, like I think it would be fun, Like.
Speaker 3: I wish it would be fun, but it is so scary. But in fifth grade, I was in drama club and we did improv games and I had no fear. It was just fun because everybody there was just like kids learning why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: Were you talking about fifth grade? Jama Club? Made me think of like something I did in fourth grade that like does not track with my personality now, Like I would never ever ever try out for music. No, no, I've told you about it before. You don't remember. You don't remember my fourth grade when I ran.
Speaker 3: For class president treasury.
Speaker 1: Don't I ran for treasurer I hate money, I hate dealing with sciences, and I ran for class treasure vote for amiing offit? You can't top it?
Speaker 3: And didn't you hand out candy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Dollar bills?
Speaker 3: Oh well about money?
Speaker 1: Take money, monopoly money? But yeah with candy so perfect? Yeah, but but I would never like, why in the world would I run for treasure in fourth grade?
Speaker 3: Because as kids are, we think differently because we don't have the same expect That's why. And I'm going to take some of my own advice. When I talk to clients about wanting to do things or trying new things, I say, if you only had to be sixty percent good at something, what would you what things would you try? And if I only had to be sixty percent good at improv And like that's just what's sticking in my brain right now I think I'd go do it, but I have this in my head expectation that like, oh, I'm gonna mess up and it's going to be embarrassing, and these people that aren't credible sources aren't going to judge me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cindy lu Who who?
Speaker 3: Cindy lou who who?
Speaker 1: It's study in a real hand, Get out of here. I just made it up. So but she's out there. You know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, cause you're listening. So then you can judge Amy and make comments on our Instagram she and he and so here's my question to you, mm hmm. If you only had to be sixty percent good at something, what would you do? Would you try out for an adult cheer squad?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Well, you did do a dance class. You're pretty good.
Speaker 1: That was fun. I only went to the dance class with.
Speaker 3: My daughter though, Like what things would you do?
Speaker 1: So fun? But I was horrible at it.
Speaker 3: I think that makes it even better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like to do more improv. The problem with the improv classes that are here in Nashville is there three hours long? Most all of them. Yeah, at least the places I've looked. If there's a short there's like a yeah, like an hour and hour and a half, but three hours every week like that was just hard to find for a week straight. Yeah, I just want like a pop in, like a casual improv hang like, not like a commitment to a class, like let's just gather together and improve it out Like that would be great. I would do that, Okay. I would maybe play piano or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I think piano is just another time thing for you. What do you mean, Like, I think you would do that if you could find like the time to.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to just be sixty percon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you want to be good at That doesn't fit this, So what are you scared to do? It might be more like business things that you'd want to try, or like you also might need to think about it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I want to do some keynote speaking. Okay, perfect, So only sixty percent good.
Speaker 3: But that's the the sixty percent is like the starting gate position for you. So like as a kid when I started playing soccer, there was no expectation for me to be good, So I just jumped on the field and I probably like made flower crowns the whole time. Who knows. As I get older and I put more effort and I practice, and then I realized that I really love it and I want to do something with it. That didn't really happen with me. I didn't care, but for the sake of this, then you start to want to be better, and then you start to like really hone your craft versus this is just how do we get you in? So if you only have to be sixty percent good to get you in, you might do some challenge yourself with some speaking engagements.
Speaker 1: Also, I have an invention in my head another one that has to do with your head. Another invention like the thing you can't reach. Oh yeah, well that wasn't really going to happen. I mean for places you can't reach when you're trying to self tan yourself. I feel like that was pretty good. But you most people have a roommate or a partner or a neighbor.
Speaker 3: Can you do my back for a stranger coming over and rebby motion?
Speaker 1: Right, that'd probably be bad. And then people do go to the house and they do spray tands the places you can't reach, I mean they could also if you can't reach your back, but also if you can't reach the thing up in the cabinet. You get a stool, anything you can reach. I know, but I do have an invention for the head and neck area when you sleep.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say too much, oh, because you don't want to anybody.
Speaker 1: To hijack my idea. So, but it has to do with your head and neck when you sleep. Okay, think of it like No, I've already said that, I don't.
Speaker 3: Say it, but okay, if this is a legit, I can't tell if you're joking now.
Speaker 1: I'm not joking. No, I swear. I've never seen anything like this, and I think it could be good. I just need the prototype and maybe the patent.
Speaker 3: We can do that. We I'm now in this with you. I'm going to get you to go after it. So I want ten percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine. I just think that it could be a game changer, at least for me when I sleep. And and it's something like I've had different versions of it in my head over time. This one that I've thought of recently, actually last Wednesday, to be exact, is when it came to me, and I think about it every I've thought about it every night since I laid. When I lay down to sleep, I'm like, if only I had that. So I need to order some things and maybe bust out my sewing machine and figure out how I'm gonna build it. But okay, I think it'll come together and it could change your life.
Speaker 3: Okay, I said it, So do you want me to hold you accountable to this?
Speaker 1: Please? Okay, But I have other things I'm working on too, so I'm like, oh, shoot, but this could be a thing. And I think of the woman Sarah Blakely that created spanks and how she was going door to door selling Fax machines and then she had this idea for her spanks and how she would, you know, take the idea to certain manufacturers and they rejected her. And I feel like I might take this idea to people and they might be like, this is ridiculous, like this doesn't make sense, and I'm like, but it does, and it's it's we our next need it.
Speaker 3: We need this. So this brings me to something else that I randomly just put in our doc because I liked it, but I didn't really have any way to work it end. So thank you for this.
Speaker 1: Okay, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Thomas Edison once said.
Speaker 1: Oh here, my fellow inventor or tom.
Speaker 3: Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always just try one more time. So, speaking of her going door to door, people being like, no, that's stupid. Person could be the person says yes, and then you're a bajillionaire. And I was talking with my friends about I don't know their names, but the inventors of cakes, those boob pads, oh yeah, and the girl that invented poppy. I'm pretty sure if the other one didn't she go on Shark Tank and like they rejected her or something.
Speaker 1: I think they might have. I know that she started poppy like in her kitchen. Yeah, and then PEPSI just bought it for like two billion dollars a billiona or one point eight oh could have been more, which yeah, mine as will be two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll.
Speaker 1: Round up once you hit a billion, like does it? It's just weird money anyway, Like what is it?
Speaker 3: So never get spent, It will never get spent ever, and so I don't need to be a billionaire. However, if we could come up now that I'm in this with you an invention, I will go door to.
Speaker 1: Door in honor of Thomas Tom Tom ed Tommy our boy, Tommy, our boy Tom.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well, well we'll keep inspire me too.
Speaker 1: I am as well. And if you're ever having a moment where you're feeling like not productive, but you know that you want to be, like maybe you need to have a brainstorming session or something. Have you ever heard of raw dogging? Have you ever heard of raw dogging boredom? Like raw dogging boredom? No, I feel like you need this in your back pocket as a therapist because you could recommend it to your clients.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, can we rebrand it?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: First of all, I need to know what it is. I'm not going to with a client being like okay, well it sounds like what you need is to raw dog some boredom, never saying that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's I don't know what else to call it, Like.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll help you come up with a different name, but I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: You you sit and liter make yourself bored. You can't just sit in a corner like you can't have your phone, you have nothing to entertain yourself. You just have to sit there and it helps reset. Let me read you specifically, it's allowing yourself to be bored for a certain amount of time without exposing your brain to micro reward stimulus. Says stimuli is a stimuli. Yeah, okay, well I didn't type that. Okay, stimuli like your phone. Allowing your mind to wander improves your performance on problem solving tasks and increases your creativity. Raw doggy off strain brain. You're so immature, you're the one lapping, but you're the one that made it awkward.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. Okay.
Speaker 1: It helps train your brain to not need as many little dopamine hits, and that it's okay and safe to not put your attention towards that. It sounds like you do not need to clear your mind in order to do this, but you just have to sit there with no stimuli. Okay. Another name for it is Shannon, just looked it up. Can you say this radical downtime that you like it better than raw dogging boredom?
Speaker 3: Yes? From a professional standpoint.
Speaker 1: It does seem pretty radical to like put yourl It's like you're putting yourself in time out time out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think the raw did you find this is this from like TikTok or something.
Speaker 1: This is from some random influencer that I'm sure has a credential.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, we need the CIS or whatever sac to come in and see where this person got there.
Speaker 1: It's a gen Z TikTok trend.
Speaker 3: Okay and you know that. Yeah, okayfied I'm if I'm a gen Z's therapist, which I have some gen Z clients, and I'm like, have you tried raw dogging boredom? I think they'd be like, don't say that. I think they like, you're too old to say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then you could say.
Speaker 3: Have you tried radical downtime?
Speaker 1: Oh no, tell me more, put yourself in time out? And I'll be like, oh, yeah, well it's called raw dogging boredom lamb. Well, I don't know, maybe it would work, maybe not. But when I was watching some of the videos, because there was multiple people, it wasn't even just one person. It's like a trend. Like I was watching people do it and they're literally you watch the sitting up against the wall. Yeah, they'll time laps themselves. Okay, because this one girl raw dog for now?
Speaker 3: Stop it? Oh my Okay, she.
Speaker 1: Radical she radically down timed herself for one hour and she put it on.
Speaker 3: So she's just sitting there. So it's kind of like meditating.
Speaker 1: In a way. Yeah, but she wasn't like it wasn't like a force like, oh I have to sit here and like hmm, but like she sat there and.
Speaker 3: She's just sort of like you know, would rip on my.
Speaker 1: That's what you would do anyway, just a technique something to try out. Yeah, well, thank you on certified people online.
Speaker 3: I need to fact checked us, fact check us.
Speaker 1: On what poppy.
Speaker 3: They didn't get rejected. So, but were they on Shark They were on Shark Tank and they their names? Oh, their sisters Alison and sister and brother Alison and Stephen Ellsworth married.
Speaker 1: I thought they were married.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I just thought sister and brother. They're probably married.
Speaker 1: But what are their names? Are they two feminine names?
Speaker 3: No, I just can't read. It's Allison and Steven sisters like I was seeing.
Speaker 1: You know, like if it was like you know, Jordan, Yeah, that could bead of.
Speaker 3: Well it's because I think the cakes people are two girls.
Speaker 1: Well that would make sense, I hope, So I hope that like Michael didn't invent the wipole covers, but maybe he did.
Speaker 3: Maybe he did. Okay. So the founders, Alison and Stephen Ellsworth, appeared on the show in season ten It's a long time ago twenty eighteen to pitch their company, and they back then they called it Mother Beverage Group Upgrade with the name Poppy Mother Beverage.
Speaker 1: There and there's like the Mother Mother.
Speaker 3: Okay. While they faced some initial criticism for from some of the sharks regarding the taste and branding, a guest shark Rohan Oza saw potential in the product and he offered them a deal of four hundred thousand dollars for a twenty five percent equity stake in the company, which they accepted. Also, those people are married. That means they didn't get one point eight billion because they had to give twenty five to Rohan Rohan, mister Oza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which like okay, probably any other investors they had along the.
Speaker 3: Way, Oh yeah, I guess they probably did, which mothers.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they're fine. I saw, speaking of TikTok, I saw them on TikTok traveling the world, and they're we just sold our company to PEPSI. What would you do if you had all this money and were traveling the world. I can't remember what the TikTok was, but I remember being like, what an odd video.
Speaker 3: To make of? Like I'm so rich? What would you do if you were me?
Speaker 1: Where would you go first?
Speaker 3: This is what we're doing. Ha ha, you can't come.
Speaker 1: Who knows. Maybe I'll make one of those videos when I sell my pills. It's just kidding. It's not a pillow.
Speaker 3: It's not Nobody thought you were going with pillow and you said they had a neck and sleeping, but.
Speaker 1: It's not a normal pillow.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you know, whenever Bobby got inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in Chicago for whatever reason, a lot of people were getting inducted at the same time. And I don't know who this guy was there with, but you know that guy that had the infomercials was like, you're gonna love my not you're gonna love my nuts. That's a different guy. The pillow guy, the pillow, my pillow, my pill You don't know the my pillow infomercial guy. No, he's like dark hair mustache, it's my pillow. I don't know you would know if you saw him. Anyway, he was there, I met him. Maybe maybe I'll contact him and I'll be like, I have an idea.
Speaker 3: Was he selling a pillow?
Speaker 1: No, he must have been there because he had a friend potentially being inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame. But I was like, I recognize him. I'm like, you're the my pillow infomercial eye.
Speaker 3: I'm saying like he was selling a pillow on the information Marshall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he created a pillow that was like, the hell the pillow, my pillow?
Speaker 3: But where's it now?
Speaker 1: Mike what Mike Lindell? I met him, and maybe since I met him, I could reach out and I'd be like, Yo, Mike, you may not remember me, but I met you at in Chicago at the Radio Hall of Fame in whatever year it was two thousand and fifteen or sixteen, and I held a pillow idea. Would you like to be my first investor? And also, do you have a pillow manufacturer? So now everybody knows what you're gonna make, yeah, but they don't know what kind. And it is not your normal average pillow because I mean, I feel like I have a good pillow, but this is just totally different. I don't even really know how you'll put a pillow case on it, that's how different it is.
Speaker 3: Like, so you have Okay, so this is a great opportunity for more products for people to buy because they are going to buy the pillow, but then they have to buy the special case and you are only be the one that patents the case too. So then it's like when you buy the iPhone, you have to buy a case because then your iPhone's gonna break. It's like, you buy the pillow, you gotta buy the pillow case. So you're selling them two things in one every time.
Speaker 1: Which I'm not trying to upsell. It's not, it's about it just has to be a particular.
Speaker 3: You want to sell your product to Pepsi and travel the world, then you're gonna need to upsell. True, Yeah, I think smarter.
Speaker 1: It's a rebrand of a pillow.
Speaker 3: I do have a question about that, though, I don't mean I feel like I can ask this question because I'm not a billionaire. If you did have a product like that, and this is hypothetical, so you can't really know, so what would you think you would do? But if you had a company or product you sold it and you made like five hundred million dollars to a billion dollars, would you quit working or would you go and try to do more stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because I would have an opportunity to have money to invest in more and like create more.
Speaker 3: Or would you be like, I'm going to ride this out because as an inventor, the brain of an inventor you just can't stop.
Speaker 1: I would maybe have more ideas well. I would probably use the money to fund You know that we're trying to work on low key a protein bar, so I'd figure.
Speaker 3: Out that problem. I like my job.
Speaker 1: I don't know I would Maybe I wouldn't just quit working and do nothing, but I think I would still do the show, but then have money to do other things that I want to do.
Speaker 3: Like if you made a billion dollars, you would still do this podcast?
Speaker 1: This point?
Speaker 3: Yes? What else?
Speaker 1: Why would I enjoy? You and I were talking the other day about how it's like what we look forward to.
Speaker 3: I just think about a billion dollars. I would have other things to look forward So.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't do it? No, Well, you said the other day, this is the this is like the best thing right now, I'm not arathing that I have. Right, you said that, right, So you're saying that only at where you are financially, Like, if you had way more money, what what would change other than your bank account?
Speaker 3: I feel like, what else would you do?
Speaker 1: Serious?
Speaker 3: It's not crazy to say if I got a billion dollars, I would stop working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this doesn't feel like work.
Speaker 3: You said, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, then let me te Okay, listen, let me I'm gonna yeah, but I said that as me.
Speaker 1: Now we're like oursue you with money changes.
Speaker 3: I will change.
Speaker 1: Is that everybody in this room is everybody anywhere out?
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, let me rephrase. I don't okay, Am I safe to say how I feel?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Obviously I'm joking.
Speaker 3: I'm just joking. It's fine.
Speaker 1: It can be feeling things with Amy and and the.
Speaker 3: Other cat because she that would be an easy transition. Yeah, okay, So if I got a billion dollars, I think I would still want to do something. I think I would do more. Yes, you're right, i would do more things that I would do just for fun versus I'm doing this because I need money or this is my job that I have to do listen, so this it would be just fun. So I think I would shift the way I think about it too, Like I probably would not do the social media. We could hire somebody yea, yeah, if I had a billion dollars, I would not be making Instagram reels. I would be asking something else to do it. And honestly, they could help us make some really cool like tiktoks and stuff, so it could be beneficial.
Speaker 1: But now that we're viral on TikTok, But I also.
Speaker 3: Would want the opportunity. Oh yeah, we'll come back to that. I would want the opportunity because we record this on a certain day every week. Well, what if I wanted to be in Italy, I would negoti that we could do some virtual for sure tapings, podcasts, recordings. So I think I would shift the way I wouldn't be So we would have to have a conversation about our boundaries.
Speaker 1: Again. Well, the likelihood of any of this happening is you never know. Yeah, you never know. You never know.
Speaker 3: You don't know what I have up my sleeve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to believe that that's actually gonna happen. But at least we're good for the next year.
Speaker 3: I think I would also, Yeah, for the next year, we're really good. I think I also would want to do things just because I'm to help versus just make money. So like I mean, I would want to know. I mean like this would be one thing. Don't hear what I'm not saying. I think if I was a billionaire, I would hope My hope for myself is that I would get more involved in some nonprofits or things in my community to help.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, Yeah, we could put on events, so yeah, that would be fun.
Speaker 3: I think the passion that just help people versus I have to help people and I have to sustain my life. It would open up doors for me.
Speaker 1: The orphanage in Haiti would be just totally taking care of check. School would be funded check. It's one thing that I have to figure out sometimes.
Speaker 3: But you know, so whatever I heard, you kind of whisper that we went viral, and I just wanted to make sure everybody heard that, since you know.
Speaker 1: Our custom videos and viral on TikTok who At the time that we're recording this, it's like one point seven to one point eight million, But at the time people are hearing this, it could be it could still be there or if it got stagnant, or it could be well over two million, which is funny that and you know, we're kind of attracting an audience that I'm not sure. I don't know who we want, but it's it's kind of funny. They must be seeing our other videos because they're deciding to follow. Yeah, so some people are following. The comments are hilarious.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of profanity in the comments. But what's funny about that and what is just interesting about social media in general? That video I was like, oh, well, I told you to make it. Well you yeah, you told me to make it, and then the idea behind it, I'm like, yeah, that could be good. But the clip that I had to work with that was like usable of me talking yeah.
Speaker 1: You were like not failing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was like it's so short.
Speaker 1: I feel like, well, you tried to add something else to make it your Internet. I was like take it out, yes, and then k I was like, Okay, I guess I'll put this up and then bam. It's been shared over twenty thousand times on Instagram.
Speaker 3: And versus the videos that I like, work really hard on and I think are just gonna kill it and it's like want want, so I just have to care less. I think it's the key.
Speaker 1: But I can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: I cared.
Speaker 1: I thought that would be a good video. I cared, like I thought of it. I went back and was like looking at our text because I was like, wait, what day did we think of this? And then we ended up? So I texted you on like a Wednesday and I was like, hey, can you make a video of the cussing whatever?
Speaker 3: And then I posted and then I was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you posted to Instagram maybe Thursday or Friday, and then I posted it Friday night to TikTok and then it blew up. But I don't know why it is, but I so random thought it was so cute how you were like texting me and you're like, can you please add the source to the to the description? What is it the caption caption? Because people, you know, we're commenting, commenting, Yeah, what's your source?
Speaker 3: So where'd you get it? And then you're like bam, because I'm like, I didn't make this up, but that's part of it. I didn't add this me because in the actual podcast I said the source, but in the clip you did it. I didn't, so.
Speaker 1: I should have thrown in the source. So then I, who knows, I probably didn't like take that out.
Speaker 3: And then so right, you're like, this is boring. Wanh wanh Like then some of the people that were like would love to know this research. Where's this research come from? I commented, and I was like, oh, of course you can have the research article, and I posted it and send them you not asking you shall receive.
Speaker 1: You texted me to add it to the caption on TikTok. And then I go to TikTok and I'm looking in the comments and I all down and I see kat Defada and you put the source like you.
Speaker 3: As a commentary. You're like, you're here if you want to read it.
Speaker 1: It was really it was cute, and it's good that it was actual research and you had the data.
Speaker 3: It was a pure reviewed study back it up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not that I knew. I mean I could have told Honestly, I was sort of being like, I told you to make it because I did think it would be good. However, it could have easily done nothing right, because like I've had other ideas that have been like total flops. So it's just I was just shouting it out because I got lucky, you know. Okay, sometimes you know, you win, SEMy lose.
Speaker 3: Some you go viral. Sometimes nobody watches your video at all.
Speaker 1: I just you just go forward posting all the videos with just no fear.
Speaker 3: That's the whole whole point of.
Speaker 1: This whole point. We're going to pivot. Okay, this is gonna be this is going to feel like a hard pivot because it is.
Speaker 3: It could be any more of a hard pivot, and I don't think, don't get or it's kind of any harder.
Speaker 1: Okay, then this, And if you have little ones, well it's probably fine. They probably don't know what a five four three two giving you a break? Hey guy, have your kids not talking to Libya Labia? Well, kids probably don't know what a laby is, or they do or they do. And it's a great moment to talk about the body body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: So we have a voicemail from a listener that is following up with a previous conversation we had about Labia's at some point. This must have been a while back, because I can barely remember what we were talking about. I think maybe I mentioned that I saw from someone online talking about how it shrivels up with age, and we have a listener who is fact checking this for us, and the data is her own body.
Speaker 3: So hit it roll it.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, it's Melissa calling from northern California. I listen to your podcast every week. I absolutely love it. I feel like I'm sitting listening to two friends talk and it just brightens my day every week. But I honestly can't believe I'm leaving a voicemail about Labia. I turned fifty a few months ago, and I can tell you from firsthand experience that Labia does kind of go away shrivel up. And I can also tell you that no one talks about it, no one ever mentioned it, and so I just wanted to set the record straight and tell you that it does happen. But and you can also by using Estra dial cream and so I've been doing that and it's back kind of crazy. Anyways, hope you're having a great day and I will be listening to you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: It's like, so, anyways, I hope you probably never thought I'd be calling a voicemail by Lavia, but here we are, and uh, she's right, nobody's talking about it really except us. Now we are and shout out to whatever person I saw online bring that up at some point because I was shocked by that I had never heard of it. And now this listener has a tip in case anybody else wants that cream.
Speaker 3: And it's too embarrassed or feels so much shame to bring it up. Yeah, so then they Yeah, also, I want to give her a shout out because I liked how she said. But and so good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love and that is the number one rule of improv but uh.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and so like I'm step one into improva.
Speaker 1: Ready, yeah, you already get it? And yeah uh. My boyfriend was doing some work thing the other day, a speech, a forty minute speech or how many people, like one hundred and fifty or something, but forty minutes. I was like, are you sure you want to talk this long to them? Like I think they might get bored, And he's like, no, there's how much song it has to be. And I was like, how long it has to be or how long you think, like doesn't have to be that No, but that's a long time to talk about like real estate.
Speaker 3: I feel like forty to forty five minutes is a normal public speaking time. Sure, I would not want to listen to that for forty minutes, but I'm not interested, right.
Speaker 1: If they're in that industry and they're therefore I get it. So maybe that was the thing is I wasn't into the Yeah, I was content we talked for forty minutes. True, Yeah, but we're all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which some people love, some people hate. Sidney who who?
Speaker 1: She will let us know about it. She will love our randomness or not love it. So in his speech somewhere I was reading over it and there was like a butt and guess what I did? I switched it to an end and it changed the vibe.
Speaker 3: Really Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did they notice that? He noticed it? And when he because he had to practice it, and I was like, do you want to do a run through?
Speaker 3: That's really cute.
Speaker 1: It was cute because I had to listen to him for forty minutes. Sorry, Yeah, yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: A full on dress rehearsal. Okay, but that is making me think of Alex Cooper's documentary. Did you ever go back and watch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I thought it was really good and she.
Speaker 3: Would practice her stuff in front of her husband, and her husband would give her a little notes. It was really cute that he was like that into helping her even when she was like really nervous. Yeah, so you kind of are like Alex Cooper and he's Alex Cooper's rich husband.
Speaker 1: Will switch because I was helping him?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, so I think that's really sweet. Also, like, I think her talk might have been more interesting to you than real estate. So what did you learn? Who's talk Alex Scoopers?
Speaker 1: Oh, her talk? Yeah? Probably what did I learn about?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I feel like there's more specific industry insider information for their company specifically and how they need to come together. He did use the analogy of the Ryder Cup and how the European team played more as a team than the American team and how they were great example of what it looks like to work together, because these are all these professional golfers coming together to be a team, and it's sort of like in his industry, there's all these leaders and professionals that are coming together as a group, and they're different parts of the country where they are the top of what they do, and then it's like, but if we work together, we could be even better. And he Oh, that's another part of the speech where I sort of tweaked it because he was like, how many of you are familiar with the Ryder Cup or he asked it in a way that a little it wasn't exactly like that, because it definitely sound a little more condescending. Like for those of you that don't know about the Writer Cup, when they explain to what it is, I said, just don't even ask them. Just be like I was watching the Ryder Cup the other day and that's where you know you have the European team and the Maryork team, Just like go explain it, like, don't ask it because it sounded condescending when he said it.
Speaker 3: That's really good feedback.
Speaker 1: Thanks, But I'm going to use what do you mean? Where are you going to use it? Well?
Speaker 3: Like I feel like sometimes on here I'll be like do you know what I mean? And like sometimes that's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like do you know what this is?
Speaker 3: Or yeah? When I can just be like this is this thing and if you know what it is.
Speaker 1: I was like, do you know what raw dogging boredom is?
Speaker 3: Okay, That's why I did not take offense too like yeah, obviously I know what that is.
Speaker 1: Idiot speaking of things that I've felt like idiot ish about. You know when I brought to the other day how I felt lame on the phone when I was saying zero and oh, I am not alone. I am not alone. We got a voicemail from a listener that does the same thing, and she has a reason why. So I don't know really what my reason is. But I do it, she does it. We are not alone.
Speaker 3: I feel like I told you that I did it too, Did I not?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 3: I was confused.
Speaker 1: We were very confused.
Speaker 3: I think I do it.
Speaker 1: Seemed very confused, like when I was explaining it, well because I probably did a poor job explaining.
Speaker 3: It, to be honest, Well, maybe I hadd poor listening to who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is why we work well together. Yeah, you want to hear the message.
Speaker 3: I would love to.
Speaker 5: Okay, hit it, Hi, Kat and Amy, this is Mary. I'm cracking up listening.
Speaker 1: P'll talk about zero in Oh, I'm from Texas and grew up saying oh, I moved to.
Speaker 5: California and worked at a law office. No one knew what I was talking about, so I changed it to zero, and so now I say both. Also, I think both is perfect.
Speaker 3: Because I think except for perfect, there you good.
Speaker 6: I hope y'all have today you need to have by Well.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's your issue too, because you came from Texas and then.
Speaker 1: I somewhere got the zero. Yeah, like somewhere I started doing the mixture.
Speaker 3: But I probably did oh.
Speaker 1: Growing up because my phone number going up was two A two oh eight for one, and I always said it that way. I never said zero eight for one.
Speaker 3: You can't say never you don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I know for a fact. I never said two eight two zero eight four one one hundred percent, never said that. I can say that with certainty. Why can't I say that.
Speaker 3: I just feel like that's one of those things.
Speaker 1: No, I know for a fact, cat, but we.
Speaker 3: Also can't check it. So like I guess, you can say that I know.
Speaker 1: But you have to trust me, like I know for a fact. Never, I never.
Speaker 3: Would have said, you said you do okay, I'm sorry. I was just being difficult just to trust. Trust.
Speaker 1: And if there's anything people take away from today's episode, it's that if you've been wanting to try something anything, whatever it is, whether it's to make a new friend, talk to somebody, approach a guy invent something. I mean, it could be something.
Speaker 3: That's try it. Yes, sunny recipe.
Speaker 1: I'm still a Pilates princess. By the way, what am I three weeks in now?
Speaker 3: Oh? Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it's a big deal. I saw a guy get his card.
Speaker 3: What it is?
Speaker 1: Did you hear the first Yeah? I heard him say it to his wife. He was not a Pilates princess, and he wasn't a plates prince.
Speaker 3: What was he?
Speaker 1: It was really cute. Actually, he was probably in his sixties, and I could tell that his wife brought him there, and then afterwards I knew exactly what his feelings. I was like, sir, I've been here. You're about to sign up for a full year membership. Because that's dopamine hits. They know what they're doing. Because he opened his locker and then I saw him look at the card, and then I saw him smile, and then his wife came up behind him and he was like, look at my card. I got five stars, five stars for his first time. That's likely, you know, it's like you did great, five stars. And he was so happy, and I mean, I'm telling you, he was again, probably in the sixties, professional businessman, probably belongs to a country club, like was like a child that just got five stars on.
Speaker 3: His Okay, well have you brought Alex?
Speaker 1: I haven't, but I should take him and see what kind of CARDI gets. I should take him. He's done plate he's with me once before where he went to Canyon Ranch.
Speaker 3: I think you should take him and because maybe that can be like a thing you guys do together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did go with his daughter. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think Alex is signing up for a membership, but I do think it'd be sweet if he went with you. Yeah, and see what kind of CARDI gets. Oh my gosh, what if he doesn't get a card because they're like, oh, he's she's already signed up.
Speaker 1: Well they want him. No, they're thoughtful.
Speaker 3: They ok, they're going to get everybody.
Speaker 1: I say, they're thoughtful of it. Really it's I mean, it's probably a mixture of thoughtfulness and genius marketing. Yeah, I can't tell you. Probably how many people have instantly bought something after they got that car.
Speaker 3: You can care about people and your business at the same time.
Speaker 1: Which is how I'm going to be with my pillow, which is not a pillow. I really am going to care about.
Speaker 3: People before you give too much information. We should wrap this up.
Speaker 1: Okay. We hope you have the day you need to have.
Speaker 3: Bye. Bye,