Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: It's the ad everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny G. Were welcome you back into the podcast, Doe, Joe and you have stumbled on what is for many the most important podcast of the weekend because we go into the bag Danny g Radio Inside the mail Bag always a dangerous, rocky road to go down. You never know what you're gonna get in the mail bag on the Fifth Hour. And this week somewhat interesting because I was a little disheveled from my trip from Minnesota. I forgot to post a message on social media until late in the week, So these are last minute emails that were sending. Now, there were a few people that did send emails in earlier, but usually I have to send out a reminder, so I'm excited to get in the mail bag.
Speaker 1: Are you ready, Danny?
Speaker 4: Yes, these questions are closer to us right now than they were last week.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is sure. Whatever you said, I'll have some of that. Why not?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yes, I craik up the band in our buddy, Ohio. It's okay. Thank you for that, Ohio. Al good as always. And the first messa comes from Alf the Alien opiner says, Ben, have you considered reacquiring the URL for benmallard dot com to promote your brand? I remember the good old days of dialing up America online and reading the latest rumors on your website.
Speaker 1: Nowadays you'd be able.
Speaker 3: To promote your Fox Sports radio show the podcast, not to mention that you'd probably be able to get some sponsors. I'm sure your social media team is doing a cost benefit analysis as you read this, So Danny, can you check in with the social media team to see how that's looking that cost benefit analysis the spreadsheet on the benmallard dot com url.
Speaker 4: That'll be an easy check in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So to answer the question, Alf, yes, there was a clerical error that was made and I did lose Benmallard dot com. I had owned it for several years after I stopped using it daily because of the radio commitments. And what had happened. First of all, is it was a clerical error, so we lost it. Then we tried to get it back. But what happens is there were some people that were opportunistic and they they purchased it. There was a company out of Asia that originally purchased the URL. Now why someone in Japan or China would want benmallard dot com is beyond me, but I think the reason they were squatting and they wanted some money, and so the problem. Secondly is I have tried to get the website back, but it is a ridiculous amount of money for that URL, which no one is going to right now. They want the buy it now price for benmallard dot com is sixty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 3: I Am not spending six grand to get a website that I built and eventually destroyed, by the way, but I'm not paying six grand for that.
Speaker 1: You gotta be joking. Yeah, If you go.
Speaker 3: To benmallard dot com right now, it says the domain name benmallar dot com is for sale and it's six four hundred and ninety dollars.
Speaker 1: Now, why is it that much?
Speaker 3: A They seem to think I'm more famous than I am because they probably see the name and they think the radio show, so they think I'm more famous. B. The website did get really great traffic for a number of years when I was putting the rumor page together. But no, I'm not interested in spending that kind of money. Now. If somebody wants to buy that for me, that would be a waste of your money. I wouldn't tell you to do that, but I would accept it if you give it back to me.
Speaker 1: But I'm not spending six grand. Not happening. I don't care.
Speaker 3: If it's a hassle free payment, I don't care. If there's a buyer protection program, doesn't matter to me. I'm not interested. Sorry, not sorry.
Speaker 4: So what if I buy it and then sell it to back to you for seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, you could try that. You could try that. You might want to toss that into Lake Superior with the brown water, Danny, that's going to be the quality of the brown water. Next up on the mailbag, Fred in Spring, Texas, Right, since says, hey, guys, great show as usual, Ben and Danny g He says, Hey, Ben, do you miss the days when you travel with a ball club and mingled with the players, etc. Yes, of course I do. Fred who would not want to do that? It was a lot of fun. I didn't get to do it for very long, but I had a great time when I did it. And the thing that bothers me about that chapter in my life is I got this great gig and I felt like I wasn't completely prepared for it.
Speaker 1: I just kind of got tossed into it. And it's fine.
Speaker 3: I did as good a job as I could possibly do. But if I had a job like that now, I feel like I would be so much better at it. But I didn't really appreciate it as much as I should have at the time. But I have great memories, amazing memories of that time. In fact, I see some of those guys on the Dodgers that were around when I was there, and you know, there's there's a there's a bond, there's a kinship there from them that era. I ran into Eric Harras, who does games at Fox, and he was the first basement for the Dodgers. When I was doing that stuff, and I had seen I hadn't seen e K in probably a decade, and you know, we caught up. We were telling old stories and Eric carras an old sports radio guy, used to listen to the Jim Rome Show back in the nineties and and all that, so we bonded over sports radio.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so I do I do miss that.
Speaker 3: Although I'm at a different place in my life now, I don't know that I would want to travel that much. I think I'm I'm kind of cool with my rare and appropriate vacation. You know what I mean, Danny Wright, You're like, rare and appropriate. You don't want to go out traveling all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And also something else you brought up. It's funny how when you're a beginning broadcaster, because I do the same thing. I look back at some of the big radio stations I was on and I really didn't understand what I was doing yet. And now when I think about it, I'm like, man, what an opportunity. Not that I did bad and not that you did bad, but we just didn't know how to harness the broadcasting power yet bang bang, And so you're making all these different little mistakes and then that stuff weighs on you and you're not you don't have your personality yet, I guess, is what I'm saying. And so we look back at that and it's like, damn it, man, if I could go back and do that again, because it's kind of like when you think about going back to high school and you know, banging the chicks that you missed out on.
Speaker 3: Which is all of them, which is one hundred percent of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yet.
Speaker 3: Totally right there, Danny, you think about, boy, if I could go back with what I know now, the skill set I have now, man, we would dominate. We'd have the top ratings everyone we love in the shows that we do, and it'd be just some great and you're like, you can't go back, you can only go forward. But it was it was a fun time in my life and I have great memories and I can I can say, you know, whatever happens the rest of the way, that I got to accomplish that.
Speaker 1: So that was kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Mike in Fullerton writes, and he says, oh, Ben and Danny g last Friday's podcast about Hiccups with the Lady Doctor was very interesting. Yes, that's her name. I don't even know that she's a doctor. By the way, she's a scientist. I don't know that she's a doctor anyway, And Mike says, do you believe bo Jackson has chronic hiccups because he's part frog or something like she said.
Speaker 4: Have athletic agility that would make you think, you know, he.
Speaker 3: Was superhuman frogman bo Jackson frogman. Yeah, that line she had that they think experts that we burn.
Speaker 1: Because we go back to when we were in the ocean. That was the most fascinating part of that whole podcast.
Speaker 3: I was like, what do you think you think I'm burping because I used to be My relatives were swimming in the oceans. Come on, but hey, whatever gets you through the day, why not?
Speaker 4: And makes sense with that tad pole tongue, dare you?
Speaker 3: Mike says, I appreciate you ending Ben ending it with Danny G's famous later alligator outro. Yes, that was original, Danny. I did not steal that from you, Danny.
Speaker 4: That was an original's But it's a later skater, not later alligator.
Speaker 3: I got close, I got close.
Speaker 4: Rhyme, you rhymed at least.
Speaker 3: Mike says, here's a question just for Danny G. He says, have you come up with a name for baby G yet? If not, I would like to nominate Michael. Mike from Fullerton says he would like to nominate Michael as the name. I think it's a great name, he says, But if you don't like it, just promise me you aren't going to name your child Alf.
Speaker 1: So that's from Mike.
Speaker 3: Have you picked the name yet, Danny, do you have any.
Speaker 4: We have picked the first name, but not the middle name yet.
Speaker 3: Did you pick the first name or did your wife pick the first name?
Speaker 4: Uh? My wife and her kids picked the first name. I got to sit on the sideline and agree or disagree. That was my job, and then I get the privilege of giving the child the middle name.
Speaker 3: So question, will you hijack the name game? Even though you will be only giving the middle name and many people think that is inferior to the first name. But if you call the kid by the middle name, they will then embrace the middle name and your spawn will then consider that their primary name. Therefore, you will circumvent your wife and the other kids, and you will have complete ownership of the naming process in a backhanded, devious way.
Speaker 4: I like the way you're thinking.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, and will the child be named podcast or radio which will.
Speaker 4: Be the middle of well, radio is his last name, so yeah, radio radio would be weird.
Speaker 3: That would be odd that they in movie radio, which interesting, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: So you know, I guess as we get closer now seven weeks away from birth daddy, which is really scary when you think about it.
Speaker 1: Now, have you taken bets Danny on?
Speaker 3: We should do some kind of betting here will the child be born on time early or late?
Speaker 1: On time?
Speaker 4: Earlier late?
Speaker 3: And you should put you know how the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: You have the squares?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you should do squares at work with Cavino and Rich and the guys. I'll get in on it, and whoever gets the right date gets the money, and then then you'll just do it that way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm wondering what time of the day or night? Do you know what time you were born?
Speaker 3: I believe I was born at night, and I hope your kids born at night, because your child will then be able to use the Andy Furman line, I was born at night, but.
Speaker 1: Not last night. Slap me around a little bit.
Speaker 3: If you say you were born during the day. I guess you could say I was born during the day, but not yesterday, so it would work. But it sounds better at night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean like you, I was born to do radio early or late because I was born exactly one minute after midnight.
Speaker 1: And what your birthday is?
Speaker 3: When is your Birthda's in the what part of the year is it the end of the year?
Speaker 4: December twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: That would be the end of the year.
Speaker 3: That would be if you only waited a couple more days, Danny, you would have been right there. You could have been the first baby born in a new year.
Speaker 4: Lost out on that. And they were still wrapping kids in Christmas blankets and my Mom's like, it's not Christmas anymore, and they're like, yeah, but it's still a Christmas baby.
Speaker 3: Otherwise known as we still have these blankets and we have to get rid of them. So you're getting a blanket that has a clause on it or a Christmas next up on the mailbag. Kevin in Kansas, right, so, and he says, dear Ben and Danny, g do you guys remember riding bikes as kids? Did you do anything special to them? Like baseball cards and the spokes reminiscing would like to know.
Speaker 1: So I never did the.
Speaker 3: Baseball cards of the Spokes, but I loved riding the bicycle. I grew up in Orange Groves and the freedom I loved there was a couple of hills, going to the top of the hill and going down, and you felt like you were going as fast as you could possibly humanly go. You were breaking the time space continuum. So many fond memories that the freedom that that was could go anywhere, could go to the grocery store, go to the liquor store, pizza shop, any of those places was awesome. And it blows me away, Nanny that the kids today, I don't get the same sense the kids today. And maybe I'm just being the old guy. I don't think they a care that much about having access to a bike and b I just I don't think they appreciate it. I don't know if I'm repeated with as, there's just something missing from that, like they don't need it. They've got everything they need in their house.
Speaker 1: They don't. Well, in our day, we needed to go out to experience life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, we have the bike culture in common as kids. I also was in southern California, a different town I think, more run down than yours because our friends on their bikes they also had spray paint cans and their long socks if they were going to go tag up rialto California. But we would go to where these kids used a water and shovels and they did the hard dirt ramps and jumps, and it was amazing to be able to ride with your friends over to where the bike jumps were. And of course we were all too scared to go on the best and biggest jumps. We would to watch other kids do it and then eat shit, and that made you want to stay away from it even more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was nothing cooler when I was a kid than the guys that were the BMX guys that would do the jumps and the motorcross stuff. They were like rock stars. They were the heroes for those of us that rode our bikes. And I grew up in an area where there we didn't tag everything. We just had. It was a planned community and they had orange groves everywhere, and there were military bases kind of in the area where I grew up, and so we would get chased sometimes. I've told the story before we get chased by some of the soldiers when they were off duty. They would just get completely shit faced and go out in the orange groves and God only knows what kind of debauchery they were getting into in the orange groves, but to entertain themselves the kids, the soldiers would chase us kids around. So we'd be on our bikes trying to desperately get away. Things were about to be hatcheted and mured by some marine. And so those are some of my other crazy memories. I was chasing my brother around, my older brother. I would always follow him around, trying to be part of the cool kids who are older.
Speaker 1: So I have great memories Kevin.
Speaker 4: And really quick Ben for Kevin. On the accessories on the bike, do you remember the grips like we would change the handle grips a lot. That was a thing, you know, the color and the style of the grips.
Speaker 3: The grips was big. My thing was I got a bell. That was a big thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My mom got me a little bell. That was a big deal. So I was like pee wee Herman.
Speaker 1: I had a little bell.
Speaker 3: Because that's a safety feature. My mom thought I could alert the other people that I.
Speaker 4: Was, Oh, I thought you were going to say you had some sweet pegs. Thinking about a bell.
Speaker 3: I had a cheesy bell, But to me, that was like the coolest bell. That was like my horn. You know.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was in the car and I didn't have I didn't.
Speaker 3: Have a horn, but I had the bell, and I could ring the bell and then I'd be I'd be set up.
Speaker 1: So that was my big thing.
Speaker 3: I did not My mom did not think it was necessary for me to go crazy with the different colored handles and things like that, so that was not really my gem. Next up, Pete, the machinist from Albany, Oregon, right says, says Ben and Danny ge what is your earliest memory of a sports moment that you'll remember forever? Mine was the forty nine Ers wild Card game versus the Packers in ninety eight where too caught the catch two. I was eight years old, he says. I can remember who I was with and where I was when that happened.
Speaker 1: Says Pete. The machine is.
Speaker 3: There the beaver believer, as in Oregon State beaver believer, and he does, say Pete, he sees me with a Oregon State hat every once in a while, he says, throw that into the rotation. Often more often, that was a gift from Robbie, the Falcon fan, who hooked me up with that Oregon State Beaver hat, and it is one of my cooler hats. I do like that logo, and I do have a lot of hats.
Speaker 1: I have to work that. In so earliest.
Speaker 3: Sports memory, there's a few vague ones I remember. I remember how excited I was to watch the Chicago Bears with Refrigerator Perry against the New England Patriots because he was getting all this attention on the local news. My mom would like, you got to come watch the news. They're doing a feature on the fat guy from the Bears, and so William Perry the refrigerator. That was a big deal, even though I wasn't a Bears fan, but I was a Refrigerator Perry fan growing up right around that time. Because I remember the Royals and the Cardinals in the eighty five World Series. I remember that very vividly, the great comeback by the Royals and the report that Joaquin Andrew Harror had destroyed at toilet in the Cardinal locker room. I remember that as a child, and then I remember I was a kid. I was playing youth basketball, going to a Laker game. We got to play after the game. They were playing the Golden State Warriors. George Carl was like a young coach for the Warriors, and I remember walking down and seeing Kareem Abdul Jabbar make a skyhook and it looked like he was like the size of a giraffe. It was insane how tall a his arm would reach. I thought he was hitting the top of the forum.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. What about you, Dan, any sporting.
Speaker 3: Memories when you were a young a young pup that you remember and you will remember the rest of your life unless you get some kind of disease.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure. The very first time I got to go to Dodger Stadium, my grandmother took me and my older brother. She had her son umbrella and a transistor radio because she was in love with Vin Scully, two guys that she said she would make out with ben Vin Scully and Bob Barker.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I have a chance with Bob Barker. I don't know that Vin was into any of that kind of hanky panky, but bo, I think Bob did make out with a few people back in the Who are the Dodgers playing? Who are they playing? The first game you went to?
Speaker 4: Oh it was too little at the time. You remember, this is when Fernando Mania was going on.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was a little kid, little little kid, But I remember for walking us all the way to the top. I remember her being out of breath really bad because she was already an older lady at that time, or at least back then. I guess people didn't take care of themselves the way we do now, right, So if she was in her fifties, that's like the equivalent today to somebody being seventy. So she's out of breath. She puts her son umbrella up, turns Vin's silky voice on her transistor radio, and we got to watch Fernando do his thing on the mound.
Speaker 3: The first time I ever went to Dodger Stadium was the nineteen eighty four Summer Olympics. My parents had gotten tickets. It wasn't even that big a deal because baseball was not an official Olympics sport. It was a what's the word a demonstration sport, I guess is the way they would describe it. And so you only had a few teams that were in the Olympics at that time. And I remember walking into Dodger Stadium and I was like, oh man, it's like the biggest thing I'd ever seen, and it was amazing, and I couldn't believe how many seats there were and how green the hills were and the.
Speaker 1: Grass and all that. It was crazy. So I have fond memories of that.
Speaker 4: How about did you ever get to go to any Oakland A's games at the Coliseum back in the day.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 3: I watched a bunch on TV. I did go to the Coliseum, but that was after the Raiders. I was older and the Raiders had come back there to play.
Speaker 4: But I thought, you we would get to go to A's games. And I remember the very first A's game I ever saw was against the Brewers and Raleigh Fingers was on the Brewers. I got the biggest kick out his watching that dude, because we had his baseball cards and we got a kick out of the way he looked on his cards. So when I saw him in person, I'm like, that's Rawley Fingers.
Speaker 1: Oh, totally, totally.
Speaker 3: You see these guys that you only know from cardboard. You're like, holy crap, that's a real person. I can't believe it. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, that was a good good memories, all right.
Speaker 3: Next up on the mail bag, this one's from Big Greg and Iowa.
Speaker 1: I met Big Greg and Iowa. A very nice man.
Speaker 3: He drove up like five hours from Iowa to hang out with us in Minneapolis at the Mall of Meet and Greed, he says, Dear Ben and the Daddy Danny g After seeing a meme about Monopoly, Big Greg says, have you ever had a game of Monopoly end with the table or the Monopoly board flung in the air, with everything scattered everywhere? And was it you or someone else who flipped the board? And then he also says how many Juicy Lucy's were consumed in Minnesota? From Big Greg? So I'll answer that. I'll let you answer the monopoly one I consumed. Let me do my math here. Let's see four four Juicy Lucy's were consumed by me in three and a half days.
Speaker 1: So pretty good.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good. Not a bad ratio right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Monopoly. I have never been the one to scatter a Monopoly board. What about you? Danny, you have you had.
Speaker 3: A hissy fit and aniption fit and just tossed everything in the air.
Speaker 4: No, but I do remember my stepdad being a poor sport and doing that a couple of times. He was also famous for losing out a video game and then hitting the reset button before the game was officially over.
Speaker 3: That is a very mature weight to handle things.
Speaker 1: Very mature.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I used to get into it with my younger and older brothers who were playing video games, and so I would occasionally pull some shenanigans. Possibly liked your stepfather, But I never did it with Monopoly, and it was always we always complained as kids because it took so long to play Monopoly.
Speaker 1: We wanted a quicker pace. We felt like it lagged. There was too much lagging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, new magic kids nowadays trying to play that.
Speaker 3: I'll forget about it. Barry in Nashville, says Yo Yo Ma Benny as a long time listener, I think I am up on how much how each rather the p Ones got their nicknames, But I don't recall ever hearing or remembering how Alf the Alien Opiner got his nickname. Signed Barry in Nashville, so Barry. I don't know the origin of the origins of ALF. I would assume what happened was we used to have this guy that many members of the Mallaind Militia were jealous with, named Ernie the Great O'piner. And Ernie was a character from the state of Michigan who was a big part of the show, and he used to comment on everything that we did, and he loved the show and the whole thing, and other fans of the show got jealous. They were offended by Ernie the Great O'piner. So we had for a couple of months we had the Great Muppet takeover. So these other guys thought it would be funny to bust Ernie's balls, and they all started accounts as different Muppet characters, and they were then added the Great o'piner to their name. And so I don't know for sure that that's how Alf the Alien Opiner started.
Speaker 1: I would assume that's how that started.
Speaker 3: And one thing led to another, and eventually Ernie actually quit the show. He got so flustered by all the other Muppet accounts he left the show. Can you believe leaving a show because you're offended by other people who you feel their manners are not right and they copy your bit and what is that?
Speaker 4: Do you think the last thing he said was snuffle up against the old pineer put this, I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: Well he turned into Alfred, he turned into Oscar the Grouch, the great opiners what he turned into? But yeah, it did not go well. So I think that's the answer. Very Next up is Lions fan Austin. He says, did you get a three way with Doc, Mike and Regina. No, that did not happen, but thank you for asking. Very classy of a Lions fan. Clayton writes, insists, did you explain to Eddie that the Mississippi River does indeed flow through Minneapolis or does he still think it's a conspiracy theory? Yeah, so I tried to tell Eddie Clayton that the Mississippi goes through Minnesota. He seemed to be blown away by this fact. We talked about it on the air. He was not acting. He genuinely did not realize that the Mississippi rivers started from Canada.
Speaker 1: And went all the way down.
Speaker 3: And I would I would like to point out, in Eddie's defense, not that this is a proper defense. But there was one other person I know that works in radio who also was gobsmack, could not believe that this is true that the Mississippi River went through Minnesota.
Speaker 4: I thought everybody knew that started in Canada. They taught us that in middle school.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I didn't really pay attention to school, but that's one thing I remembered from school, So call me crazy. How about shut up? Nick and Wisconsin Wright sin It was great hanging out with Nick. Nick and his power were there. I had a frisbee. I aniographed a frisbee for Nick Nicks, the guy I remember. He said his wife was busting his balls about going to this thing. Oh yeah, yeah, And Nick said by the time he left, his wife actually kind of wanted to go. So she had done a ONET eighty and she was kind of disappointed she could not come to the event.
Speaker 1: So that made me feel pretty good.
Speaker 3: Nick says, Ben, it was great meeting you and the fellow members of the Malam Militia last weekend. Side note for Danny, end of July is a great time to have a baby. That's when I had my first born. The question for you, Ben and Dan, would you rather have a third nipple or an extra toe.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: So I have two nipples now they don't really serve any purpose, so I don't need a third nipple. But I would think an extra toe would get in the way. I think it would be easier to conceal an extra nipple than an extra toe, because it would mess up your shoes and the way everything goes. There there was a guy named Antonio Alfonseka. He was a closer for the Marlins and some other teams, and he had an extra toe on each foot and an extra finger on each hand, so he had six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot. And I remember, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I peaked.
Speaker 3: I saw a the in the locker room.
Speaker 1: I kind of took a look.
Speaker 3: But he had these like little baby extra fingers and extra toes. They were not the full size. But the answer would be none of the above. But if I had to choose, I would choose a nipple. I'd go for the nip. Then I could have a nip slip. And I say, which one is three nipples?
Speaker 1: Which one is it? What about you, Danny?
Speaker 4: Well, back in the day, I had an orange tabby hat, and he was the coolest cat man. Not only was his personality the greatest, but he was polydactyl, so he had those extra digits. It looked like he had mits. He could pick a pen up off the floor and he would go around and play hockey like. He would find different toys and things on the floor and he would bat it from side to side as he was running. It looked like he was about to score a hockey goal. So I would go the extra toes. For sure. You would look way cooler than some freak with an extra nipple.
Speaker 3: Well, no one would know you have the extra nipple until you take your clothes off, right, they would realize you had the nipple.
Speaker 4: Well, I have an OnlyFans page.
Speaker 1: Well that is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people wonder how Danny can survive in southern California working in radio and the podcast. And it is the fact that you for years have had a very successful fans only page.
Speaker 1: So I congratulate. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: It's like one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty good. Tax free, right, tax free?
Speaker 3: I think This next one's from Greg in West Saint Paul, Minnesota, says After last week's discussion on where to eat the best Juicy Lucy in the Twin Cities, I'm getting shout outs from restaurants around town to come in and try theirs. On Friday, I'm going to the three twenty eight Club to try the Juicy Lucy. They call it the Greg Testimony. On the many that listen to the Fifth Hour, you're making me famous.
Speaker 1: Ps. Did you try the Nook?
Speaker 3: Yes? And hopefully you had a chance Greg to hear the Malor review. Also, raz Quit, the band that was on the Saturday podcast is how many juicy season?
Speaker 1: The answer was or? He says, how was the Juicy Lucy? And you can hear all of that.
Speaker 3: Content on the Fifth Hour podcast from Saturday.
Speaker 1: But I loved it.
Speaker 3: I'm upset I didn't get to meet Rask with de baand I was hoping I would be able to meet him, but I did not get to meet him.
Speaker 1: But very nice.
Speaker 3: Thank you Greg the nook, major major tip on the microphone. That place was great and now I'm bummed out. If that three twenty eight place is good, I'll be like, oh crap. I could have gone to the three twenty eight Club and tried their juicy lucy, but oh well. Next up is Keith and NorCal. He says bacon or sausage with breakfast.
Speaker 4: Danny, oh, bacon all day, especially extra crispy. I like it when you can snap the bacon in half.
Speaker 3: You're a snapper. See my answer is none of the above. I don't a I don't eat a lot of breakfast. Very rarely do I eat breakfast because I have this fugsey fasting thing. But when I eat breakfast, my go to breakfast meat is cornbysh. I love corn beef hash. It flashes back to my childhood. I had that when I was a kid. You give me corn beef hash and a pancake and I'm good.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: This weekend, I told the story on one of the podcasts about how we were trying to get a cinnamon roll and we ended up going down thirty sixth Street.
Speaker 1: We made a turn.
Speaker 3: And we ended up going right where the George Floyd incident had started. At that bakery, they did not have a cinnamon roll. But the next day we did end up eating breakfast and I had a caramel roll. Where do you rate the carmel roll on your big board of desserts?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I've ever had a caramel roll.
Speaker 1: You have not had a carmel roll.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know. Let me look that up. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: So a caramel roll is like a cinnamon roll, but it's obviously got a few different ingredients in that, and it's got it's.
Speaker 4: Still it looks like a cinnamon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like a cinnamon roll. It's like an old fashioned, gooey carmel role.
Speaker 4: Okay. And sometimes there's pecans on it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I often have the pecans. They used to have these at Angel games. I don't know if they still do with the big A when I used to go back in the day.
Speaker 4: There, it's right up there. Those are neck and neck to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're very good.
Speaker 3: It was a very enjoyable carmel role. Love that at this I did not really like the vibe it. We went to this hipster bakery. I'm not really a hipster bakery guy, Danny, I don't really fit in at a hipster bakery. But the food was really good. Chris, and the moin writes and he says, hey, Ben, we met Chris by the Chris, great guy. You can tell this guy's a Bartender. He's very social Chris and the Moins. He knows how to relate to everybody. He says, if you could bring back one sports team that no longer exists, for example, Super Sonics, Hartford Whalers, who would you bring back? That's from Chris in Des Moines. You would bring back the Oakland Raiders, wouldn't you, Danny, You'd bring back the Oakland Raiders.
Speaker 4: Boy, I'm not gonna lie. That home field advantage was pretty sweet. Too bad that stadium is a dump now. You know. I'll say this because you're fresh back from Minnesota. I wish that I would have got to go there. I thought about it all weekend, the entire time you were away and you were there. I was jealous. I wanted to be there. How about the north Stars.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Dino Cicarelli and the Minnesota north Stars.
Speaker 1: Here's one.
Speaker 4: Anytime my mom would watch a rerun of the Mary Tyler Moore Show, they'd always be talking about the Minnesota north Stars. I got you, yeah, And so that I knew that because of my mom watching those reruns, and so it's really crazy to think about that that team is actually the one that went to Dallas.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, they got rid of the North and just became the Stars.
Speaker 1: Okay, that stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why they have to keep the same name just if you move cities.
Speaker 1: I think you should leave the name.
Speaker 3: And I know you'll be upset by this, but the Lakers should not be called the Lakers. That's a Minneapolis name, the Great Lakes. They should have had a different name when they moved to LA And I feel the same way about even the Dodgers. I love the Dodgers, but they left Brooklyn. They were named the Trolley Dodgers. Come up with your name when you change That's my rule when I become commission.
Speaker 1: When you change cities, you change names.
Speaker 3: As far as my answer to that question for Chris in Des Moines, I guess I would say, how about this to offend people, the Colt forty fives. If you can bring back the Colt forty five, boy, with that upset people, that would rock the boat.
Speaker 4: I want to add one man, I want to bring the Washington Bullets back.
Speaker 3: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: You could do that too.
Speaker 3: That's I love the Washington bullet That was a great logo they had, the Washington Bullets, great logo.
Speaker 1: It was a great logo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the Bullets, the Cold forty fives, you can bring them back Montreal expos that would be a good one.
Speaker 1: Also, so there's a bunch of those, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Redskins and then lead the Chop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bakers Show, the bakers Field Blaze. We could bring them back, right, they're out of business, now we can get them back. I we'll do one more and one more only the next question from Randy.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a sporty do we want to do a sporty question?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yah, Brandy, I think we're good on that. And Dino and l pass so we thank you guys for your questions. But eh, I think we're good.
Speaker 1: I think we're good.
Speaker 3: We talked sports all week exactly. We talk sports. I do four hours a night mostly talking sports and the drunk people.
Speaker 1: So I'm good. I'm good on that.
Speaker 3: Anything you want to promote here, Danny as we close out the weekend, I'll be back tonight in the main studio. It's a holiday weekend, but we'll have a live show. No days off. I've already used my allotted time off, so I'll be doing an original show Sunday into the Monday holiday, and I'll be doing that and live shows all week.
Speaker 4: I will be on with Covino and Rich just three hours after you leave the airwaves because we're going to be filling in for the Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: I wish you well.
Speaker 3: I will be long gone by the time you're there, but I do wish you well and have a fine time with that. So anyway, thank you for downloading. Tell a friend about the podcast. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much. Have a great week. And if you missed any of the other podcasts, we went in depth on the Malor meet and greet. On Friday, we had the Malard food review, and Danny g was part of a live police chase in Los Angeles. You can only get that content here on the podcast. So all of that will have for you all weekend long and now as we head.
Speaker 4: Into the week.
Speaker 1: So have a great day today.
Speaker 4: Later, skater got a murder. I gotta go