Speaker 1: Hey, they're folks, And in this episode of Amy and TJ, a confession. I have been lying to Amy Roebock for the past several months, and you all, along with Robock, are going to hear for the first time exactly what that lie was, and you are going to hear her real reaction to it. And with that, Welcome to.
Speaker 2: This episode of Amy and t J Road.
Speaker 1: Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, mommy, and mommy.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're getting ready for my Mother's day Robes.
Speaker 1: I would you don't have it on you know, we don't have a way to check you don't have your Apple watch. I would love to see what your heart rate is.
Speaker 3: So it's so funny.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say, my heart is pounding. I have no idea what you're referring to.
Speaker 3: I mean, it really is, but does it.
Speaker 2: It makes you? What is your mind?
Speaker 1: Immediately go and I again to our listeners, right now, this is not a joke. Robot is here under false pretenses. I have brought her here for a much different reason, and she has no idea. Why what is your give me your best guess, ropes.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm hoping that it's something good, because I don't think you.
Speaker 3: Would obviously not.
Speaker 4: But my mind is racing like what could it be? What could he be talking about?
Speaker 2: What would I referring to?
Speaker 1: What would I do publicly in this way? Because you know I would not take chances like this unless it was guaranteed to be a success.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I honestly am speechless. I have stop. I have no idea what you're doing. I'm not going to propose to the podcast obviously don't. That would be a private thing. But you reach into your pocket.
Speaker 3: I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: That that was my edibles there in my pocket, and that's what that is. But no, folks, in all serious is yes, we have been setting up this particular episode for a while now, and it took a lot of people. A lot of folks were involved. There are one, two, three, Well we got five people in this room. There were probably nothing short of thirty plus people that helped get this together. In one way former fashion, Yeah, it was all for you and it is related. We just had an interview the other day on an episode talking about Mother's Day yea, and parts of it kind of broke my heart because you talk about how you feel about some of your parenting. I suppose are you just nodding? Okay, everybody, she's naughty. She's getting more and more nervous. So this is what I'm gonna do, folks. We are going to reveal this surprise finally, which I can we can all breathe because we've been holding onto it. But the surprise has to do with someone who is about fifty feet away from us, hiding away in another room here at I heeart okay, and said person and is waiting to come in and just blow you away. Okay, So Emma, can you help me out or something?
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Emma's gonna do it for Emma. Can you bring in our special guests for our surprise? You are genuinely I thought you had more fun.
Speaker 4: You were so good on the train in here, because we kind of said, we don't know exactly how we're gonna format this podcast, but we knew it was gonna about Mother's Day. So I had stories in my mind and stories about what I wanted to talk about, and and you were even you were even on the train saying wait, I had a plan and I just lost it, like you were, and you seem stressed a little bit about it.
Speaker 3: So you were you should have been an actor.
Speaker 1: I was stressed about something else. And again, folks, seriously, our produced super producer Emma just walked out to get our special guest, our surprise guest that Robes has no idea about. Now the guest is going to be a surprise, but the guest is gonna bring something that's even a bigger surprise.
Speaker 2: Damn, I am not. I am not over selling this, folks, in the least bit. What I am not. I can't.
Speaker 3: It's I'm literally scratching my I might.
Speaker 2: Even be under selling this. I might be.
Speaker 1: So she's turning around, folks, and she's taking a look at Now our special guest us in the room. And for you all to know, we have with us the beautiful.
Speaker 2: Carissa Bodner is in the room. She's a CEO of Thrive Cosmetics.
Speaker 1: She is one of the superstar CEOs in this country.
Speaker 2: As you all know.
Speaker 1: She has been a guest on the podcast before talking about some of her cosmetics, which are of course directed towards all the times women cosmetics, aus cosmetics, medics.
Speaker 3: But Chrissa, how you doing good to see hi, Carissa.
Speaker 4: We've been trying to get together and been missing one another in l A and here in.
Speaker 2: New this is this is what happened. I have to make it happen.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, for women's relationships to thrive, you need a man to be involved in getting.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. I think that was actually and I met before you. Oh yeah, I got.
Speaker 1: That joke from Dave Chappelle, I believe. But Carissa, it is good to see you in the room. I am not going to leave her hanging any longer. Her heart is jumping out of her chest. But I want you to please do the honors now and explain why you are here.
Speaker 5: Well, I am so excited to share something that we've been working on.
Speaker 6: For a little while.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know if you remember our last podcast. We were talking about something, asking about something that you love.
Speaker 4: Yes, like lipstick, lip gloss, chopstick, whatever, anything to cover my lips.
Speaker 3: Right, that's I'm obsessed. I have an obsession. I always have a yes.
Speaker 6: So I'm very very excited.
Speaker 5: After we were together last time, I got to work in the lab and we have the amy in sheer strength.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. I love that. Thank you get it cool?
Speaker 2: Yes? You all?
Speaker 1: Robot is being handed right now her very own shade. There is a new shade that they are putting on.
Speaker 3: A cause I love, and that is your suit Baby.
Speaker 1: Cosmetics that is specifically for Amy.
Speaker 2: Please explain.
Speaker 5: So when we were talking last time, when I was here, you were describing your perfect shade and your perfect product. And so thanks to the amazing team here, including TJ, thank you very much. We created the Amy and it was so serendipitous that you chose the Share Strength as one of your favorite products because you embody share strength.
Speaker 6: You really do.
Speaker 5: You are such a badass, like whether it's you running a marathon or beating cancer, you are such an inspiration to so many people. And also you're so generous with sharing your struggle and how that ultimately has built strength within you, because that's what inspires all of us. And I feel so lucky to have been able to be a fan of yours for so many years and also now to call you a friend. And just the way that you share your journey, like you don't have to share the way that you do, and I hope you know what an impact it makes on the whole world.
Speaker 4: Well, I so appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I mean, I am beyond honored, and I love the shade and I love how it goes on and feels.
Speaker 3: I mean, you nailed the texture, like.
Speaker 4: It can't be too sticky, it can't be too Greek like.
Speaker 3: It's just perfect. So I love it.
Speaker 4: It's like the perfect blend between a chapstick and a lip gloss and it's gorgeous. But thank you for all the things you just said and we met. You know, obviously, if people don't know your story, they should go back and listen to the podcast where you told it. But clearly you took something that was devastating. You lost your best friend to cancer, and you watched her fight like hell, and you took that fight that she had in her you and you gave so many other women a reason to feel good in the morning when they're in the middle of this fight and when you're struggling whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It's just true, when.
Speaker 4: You put on a good shade of lipstick, it can actually brighten your day, it can make you feel better. It's the look good, feel good method. And when you're going through stuff and you're down on yourself, sometimes it just takes one little pick me up. And to know that when we purchase your products, it goes for a cause, it goes to help others. That is to me, like the most amazing business model ever. And so I have applauded you and watched you when you had almost zero sales.
Speaker 3: No to just keep what's zero sales?
Speaker 6: She's the day one. Animan's a day one, It's true.
Speaker 4: And then you just kept going and going and going and.
Speaker 3: Look at you now. So you are an inspiration to me.
Speaker 4: And really to have seen you from the very beginning to where you are now, I'm honored to call you a friend and so honored to have oh my gosh, one of your beautiful shades named Amy. Thank you, Like that's the best gift. I mean, your friendship's the best gift of all. But thank you. This is an honor.
Speaker 1: Can you give us the backstory here because I was finding out about it the first when you were here last time.
Speaker 2: That you do?
Speaker 1: I mean, how many, Shaye and you do you name them in honor of women who've.
Speaker 2: Been through hell?
Speaker 1: Essentially a lot of ways have overcome in a lot of ways. So give a little backstory on how you started doing this and how many there are out there and some of the other folks you've honored with.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's so like this is such a full circle moment because being with you two today is so special. And what I'm remembering is the day that we met. And when I met Amy, we had three products that were named after inspiring people, one named after my friend Christy, who inspired Thrive Cosmetics. And I remember sitting in Amy's dressing room and you had recently beat cancer.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was within I think that first year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you were such a source of inspiration for so many people throughout that journey and also an advocate for early detection and so so I mean literally ten years ago when I met Amy, I was already a fan, obviously because the whole world is.
Speaker 3: But I don't know about that. But thank you.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what this actually is, I think an important just an important thing to underscore what a great person you are.
Speaker 6: From day one.
Speaker 5: You don't you've never cared whether somebody is you know, a superstar or somebody who's building a business out of their apartment like me. And you were at the top of the top of the top when we met. And it's just you're so kind from You're just such a humble and kind person and I just yeah, I just love you. And so, you know, to go back to that moment of ten years ago, at the moment I met her.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh my gosh, I got to name a product after her.
Speaker 5: But it had to be the right product, and it had to be the one that really embodied something that not only you love, but something that means something about who you are. And so that is why we're Yes, we the shades after people, but it has to be the perfect shade.
Speaker 6: So this is the perfect shade.
Speaker 3: We hailed it.
Speaker 5: When you kiss Amy, you're going to be kissing Amy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You just messed it up. Now I'm going to be kissing Amy. Thinking about Christ's so weird.
Speaker 5: You know, I mean, because the name means sheer strength, and that's I mean you, you are sheer strength. And so it's it's so special to have a shade that's not only going to look gorgeous on her, but it's also going to empower so many people to feel that sheer strength when they are going through all different types of things in their lives.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I get the I want to make sure I get the product description right. Sheer strength hydrating lip tint. Shade name Amy shade description peach, pink shimmer.
Speaker 4: Love it, that's my colors. I mean I love that whole look. I mean, you really did apps sslutely nail it. And I'm curious when people go on to purchase whatever shade that they prefer.
Speaker 6: The Amy Obviously it's the bestseller, it's going to be.
Speaker 3: The bestseller right now.
Speaker 4: Of how much when people do purchase this, how much goes to the cause or to a cause? Can you give people a sense of where their money is going, not just for the product.
Speaker 6: Yes, So literally, when somebody purchases.
Speaker 5: An AMY, we're going to be donating an Amy.
Speaker 6: That's how it works.
Speaker 5: And so when somebody is using the shade, they can know that they've also given back to a cause that they care deeply about and that's going to help someone. And I think what's really special also is after we surprise somebody, then we ask them what charities we want the donations to be directed towards, and so that's where we start the philanthropy and then from there we build it with the community.
Speaker 4: So, oh, that's really cool. I have a few organizations in mind. Tell me, yes, absolutely. Well.
Speaker 3: The first one for.
Speaker 4: Me is, yeah, they've lost some billions, a lot of billions of dollars. No, My first organization that I have been an ambassador for over the years that I believe strongly in is BCRF, and this was the organization that was founded by Evelyn Laughter. She actually created the pink ribbon, but she was a breast cancer survivor. She didn't talk a lot about it publicly. She ended up succumbing to ovarian cancer. But this is a woman who talk about changing lives and saving lives. Her awareness campaign and what she did for the cause, I actually credit to me finding my cancer because she was in part the reason behind October one, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, that pink ribbon that we see so much of, and that is the reason why I walked into that Mamma Van and got my baseline mammogram at forty that found my stage two invasive breast cancer. So it was a full circle moment for me when her husband came up to me and said, I'd like you to be an ambassador, and he said, my wife would have loved you, and so I said, she is in part a reason why I'm standing here today. So Leonard latter asked me to be a part of the organization, and I happily did so. And this is a group that actually is the largest private funder of breast cancer research around the world.
Speaker 3: They are in.
Speaker 4: Part credited for the drug that I took for almost ten years to moxifen. So I just think this is an organization that actually, any private organization is going to find a cure for cancer or a way to make it a chronic disease, it's this one. So I am so happy to do that. And the other cause that I'm really passionate about. The other organization is five hundred forty and this is a group that gives back to women under the age of forty who are dealing with breast cancer.
Speaker 3: And they do have a huge campaign because these are.
Speaker 4: Young women who are dating, who are newly in the workforce, who hadn't even thought about what it would be like to have breast cancer, which I think a lot of people thought was an older woman disease. So they give makeup tutorials, they get wigs for these women, and so to be able to have Thrive cosmetics to provide for some of these women who are facing the unthinkable at a very early age. I love that, So right off the bat, those would be my two favorite organizations.
Speaker 5: Well that is perfect because we have them as giving partners as a part of our organization.
Speaker 6: So yeah, kis met. Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 5: Thank you for sharing all you did about BCRF in the way that they really help save your life. We've worked with them for many years. I did not know the depth of how much they have done for you and for others, so that's truly incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doctor, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was just going to also give a shout out to doctor Larry Norton, who is a huge part of the organization and probably one of the premier minds on breast cancer and specifically metastatic breast cancer. And for those folks who listen to our podcast regularly, you know, my are really good friend Morgan who is stage four metastatic who just had that baby through a surrogate. Doctor Norton actually reached out to her and is helping her now.
Speaker 3: Find better therapies.
Speaker 4: She's a seven year metastatics survivor right now, so he took the time to talk to her, to reach out to her, to consult with her. This is an organization. Just doctor Norton is the best, so I just wanted to sing his praises as well.
Speaker 1: You were mentioning everybody who buys an Amy, somebody else is going to don't. One's going to be donated essentially. But the other big part of what you do is clean beauty. When you explain that to me with your.
Speaker 5: Product, yes, I think, especially given everything that Amy just described about the people that we serve, especially in the cancer community, they're immune compromised, and so ensuring that our products are as clean as possible is very important. So it's pretty standard in the industry to make sure that you know you're doing baseline clinical studies, and not every brand does do that, but we have done clinical studies not only with dermatologists and plastic surgeons, but on cologists as well from the beginning, and so consulting incredible minds like doctor Norton, like you were talking about, I love our friend doctor Elizabeth.
Speaker 6: Oh, by the way, it's also.
Speaker 5: A share strength gamesake, so you are in good company. Gonna have to have a little party, well I have to. It's I mean, for those who don't know, doctor Elizabeth is another incredible advocate researcher, doctor oncologist in the cancer space specifically has saved so many lives in breast cancer as well, and a friend of mine and Amy, So this is it's it's really important to us that when we talk about clean, the way that we define it is the thousands of ingredients we will never use, as well as partnering with different doctors to ensure that they're safe for all people.
Speaker 1: Well, you also, what is Mother's Day like for a company, a cosmetic company and specifically one with a cause like yours. I guess what do you see around this time? What kind of messages do you get? It's not just a matter of sales, but I guess what do you all even take on is knowing this is a special time that you know a lot of folks who maybe not used to buying cosmetics to buy some for someone that they.
Speaker 2: Love right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, you know I have to start with the cause because literally this just a couple days ago, I was in Los Angeles and we had what we call a giving event, which is essentially a party where we are teaching makeup master classes to people who are affiliated with our different giving partners.
Speaker 6: So in honor of Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: We worked with one of our giving partners, the Joy Taylor Foundation, which was started by Joy Taylor, who is an amazing broadcaster in the sports world, but is also a domestic violence survivor and she's very public with that, and so she started this nonprofit really to empower women who had experienced domestic violence, and in honor of Mother's Day, we got mothers together. We had a mom and aunt and a daughter who was pregnant so she's about to become a mother.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was so special.
Speaker 5: But we fill our event space in Los Angeles with all of these bright souls and we did a makeup masterclass. Then we had a full on photo shoot so they all got headshots. It was so fun and that's where we so you know, when we talk about donating an amy, we're also teaching people how to use it and making them feel really empowered through that.
Speaker 6: So I have to start.
Speaker 5: When I think about Mother's Day, I think about all the ways that we get to honor mothers through our cause and through our mission, which we could not do without our customers. Like that is truly when people are purchasing our Mother's Day sets, that's what they're supporting, right. So that's what I absolutely love about Mother's Day. I also know it can be a complicated holiday for people who've lost their mothers, and so we try to create a really special space for people with our different giving partners where they can celebrate all that motherhood is. And you know that it can also be beyond who your birth mother is. And so I think I think it's it's a really special holiday for me.
Speaker 6: I love my mom so much.
Speaker 5: Namesake as well, the Jenny and Impactful got to give a shout out to my mom.
Speaker 6: But she's also an Amy fan.
Speaker 5: She was there for the first segment that I did with Amy like a decade ago. She was yeah, yeah, yeah, so anyway, but so Mother's Day, it's yeah, it's a it's definitely a gifting holiday. And so we do have a different collection, and we have many different collections that people can choose.
Speaker 1: You know what you just said there, And I'll bring this up because it just happened yesterday. You don't know this, but we had an interview with a parenting expert and she was giving good advice, but it was not it got heavy or heavier than I expected because of this one. Because of Robot because there is a lot she deals with and she talks about it openly. So I'm not saying anything she didn't put out there, like dealing with like she's got two wonderful daughters. But she almost the entire interview, everything out of her mouth was almost criticizing herself as a mother. Right, Almost everything that she said was was I too hard on them, I disciplined them too much. I did what my parents did. I did the best I could, and I can to you in a bad pad all of these things. So I was so I knew today was coming. Yeah, okay, So I just let her. I just let her go through emotions and let her do a thing. But this was important for that reason. Mothers, yes, are honored on this day, but there are three hundred and sixty four other days that mothers often don't get the attention and the credit they deserve. But also, Carissa, they're hard on themselves. They don't treat themselves, they don't honor themselves, and Robes, I don't know what to do in that regard. I mean, I speak to you, I talk to you all the times about this, but it's it's do you get Carissa, that mothers need to sometimes one treat themselves, but you give yourself a break.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how.
Speaker 1: Make up, I don't know how cosmetics ties into that, but maybe you could help me tie it in because it that is such an important part of women and mothers feeling their best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, others should all get a special award. I think the work that you do to not only bring life into this world, but also the struggles that you deal with on a day to day basis. We have so many mothers on our leadership team and all throughout the organization, and I just know a fraction of what they do. And I think that you know, for makeup, it's really a celebration of your inner beauty. And it's also a moment of self care because mothers are caring for themselves constantly. And all I can say, Amy is that you are such a great mother.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 5: And I know you're a perfectionist, and I mean, you don't become who you are, you know, you you built Amy Robock into who you are. You know, and and your daughters are so lucky to have you as their mother.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I have to I obviously have to give credit to my own mother, just because of the sacrifices she made. I mean, she had she got pregnant with me at eighteen, she had me at nineteen. She gave up college, she gave up friends, she gave up a career really truly, or one that she might have a path she might have been on had I not come around.
Speaker 3: So yeah, she got Yeah.
Speaker 4: But you look at that, and it's funny because I think it for me, at least, it wasn't until I became a mother that I recognized all that she did and gave up, and all the things you want to point to and say, why did my mom do this?
Speaker 3: Why did my mom say that?
Speaker 4: And then when you become a mom, you think to yourself, oh my goodness, I had no idea what I was talking about. And even as I get to now be a mom of older girls, you think it gets easier, and sure, day and day out it does. But then I start reflecting back as TJ was just pointing out, and thinking I should have done this, I should have done that.
Speaker 3: Why did I do this? Why did I say that? Why did I choose this?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Why did I choose a.
Speaker 4: Career even that ended up biting me in the app you know, when I could have been more with them. So you start going over all of the things that you now you can't change, but you can understand in a better and bigger way. But I think about my mom and my grandmother, and we all do right as just these women who gave us the runway, gave us the platform, and gave us the ability to to build something bigger and better than they were able to. And so that's what we always want for the next generation. And so I just wanted to take that moment to just say thank you to my mom and to my grandmother, and then you know, hopefully passing on the good and hopefully not as much of the bad.
Speaker 2: Good kids. Those are two good kids, all right, and you have a fifty success for it, right. One of them is stellar and the other one is just.
Speaker 3: That funny?
Speaker 2: Isn't that bad? And how about it? Don't they say? You say this?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? What is the mark of you being a good parent? If your kid gets in trouble, whether they're in the police station or then emotional trouble or whatever, what's their first call? Your kids first call is always you.
Speaker 3: It might be to each other first, but then.
Speaker 4: They call each other.
Speaker 2: But that's it they do.
Speaker 1: And so it pained me a little bit yesterday to hear you go through it and talking on the microphone, and I scolded you afterwards about it. I didn't want to do it on the mic. But look, we all doing the best we can. And you have done an above average jump for sure with your kids.
Speaker 5: And also I say this with all the self awareness that I'm not a mother, I also like to be inspired by you, and like what you were saying about why did you choose a career. Because you chose your career and because you worked as hard as you did, your daughters are going to know that they can do that, that they can go through just unimaginable things like you have and survive and thrive.
Speaker 3: Yep, I mean that's true.
Speaker 4: And I told myself is that I was working and building my career, that this was I was setting an example. But you still think, but they didn't care about that, you know, they just wanted mom. So you know you look at it like that. But there it's all a balance, and you don't we none of us get it right exactly right.
Speaker 3: None of us actually are perfect.
Speaker 4: So that's the thing where you do have to kind of give yourself a break and just say I did the best I could, and I still am trying to do the best I could.
Speaker 3: But I'm always trying to learn. I'm always trying to be better and do better. I think that's where I am now.
Speaker 4: Just how can I how can I start right now being even better?
Speaker 1: You're going to get a lot of credit for having your own They're gonna say, where's my.
Speaker 2: Is it available now? When can we get it?
Speaker 6: It is available in June, in June.
Speaker 5: We are doing this surprise and honor of mothers say, and in honor of.
Speaker 6: You, because we wanted to celebrate you and all that you are.
Speaker 3: Three orders available. I will do my best.
Speaker 6: No, no, but we are. We are.
Speaker 5: We We had to surprise you in person, and we really wanted to do it in honor of Mother's Day. And I want to say thank you so much to the team here for making this so special in TJ. For being our co conspirator. You're the best. You're the best.
Speaker 4: Tell me what was going on so I can get a sense now that I know, because honestly, genuinely, you know, I was surprised.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you about her over drinks. This is a lot. This has been going off a month.
Speaker 1: From the moment she when it was that it really when it was last September. Yeah, from the moment she walked out, we've been collaborating essentially.
Speaker 2: It was I.
Speaker 5: Literally went to the lab with the team and we were mixing it. We were like, we have to make this happen, and we wanted to make it happen in honor of Mother's Day.
Speaker 6: And so we've been like, run, run, run, run, run.
Speaker 3: That is so good.
Speaker 2: Sydney and the Emma.
Speaker 1: They have had to coordinate and we tried to get this study at the right time and when she's going to be here. All this had to come together. We had to balloon. I thought it was going to give it away because you'd recognize the color, you know what a balloon it's and put it together.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 4: And honestly, when you said there was a special guest, I was like, did you fly my mom in here?
Speaker 3: Did she just not tell me?
Speaker 1: Tell me the truth? I said, a special guest? How many went through? What was the top five?
Speaker 3: I thought? I thought my mom?
Speaker 4: I thought Ava perhaps, and I knew it couldn't be analyst because she has party plans birthday this weekend, and she's always complained about having.
Speaker 3: To share her birthday with Mother's Day, but it happens like every few years, so we're a day apartment.
Speaker 4: I was like, Nah, it's not gonna be her, So I thought my mom or Ava, that's who I thought.
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 3: Wow, Like I didn't have much time to process. Who could possibly be in the other.
Speaker 2: Three minutes of time.
Speaker 1: I see those heels she had to walk slowly together.
Speaker 4: It's so funny, but no, I not for one second. And then when Christa came in. I don't know if you could see my brain, but I was like putting it all together.
Speaker 3: And then I was like green green, Oh, this is Chris's color. This is Ry Cosmetics color.
Speaker 4: Okay, that makes sense now, but I still wasn't totally sure.
Speaker 3: And then when you said you developed, I was like, oh, my gosh, it's a lipstick.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 3: The sheer strength.
Speaker 1: But we have to thank Danielle on our team, with Amy Sugarman as well.
Speaker 2: They were a big part of this.
Speaker 1: Really, Sidney Emma have been golden throughout this thing. Andy of course, has a hand in everything.
Speaker 2: We freaking do.
Speaker 1: I swear he decides what we eat for dinner every night. He's still involved in our lives at this point. But Chris, I'm saying this to you, thank you. This is a big deal. I'm with her day and day out. I see her parenting more than anybody. I see her pain, I see her tears, I see her joy, I see your frustration with those two girls. And I see her roll her eyes like, oh my god, their face timing again. I see every bit of the parenting and to be recognized, and I go to the events and the breast cancer awareness things and allus to take a moment. She doesn't take a moment necessarily to get honored. She doesn't take a moment necessarily. People want to come out and take a picture and hear the story and all these things. But you took time in a moment. You dig into the story.
Speaker 2: And this has essentially been something in the works for.
Speaker 1: The past decade, and so this isn't a small thing. And I know it's fun. We've got balloons and all. But I am saying to you, sincerely, thank you for what you've done for this one who is everything to me. And so I just want to thank you publicly and in person here for what you did. This is a very very big deal.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you so much, TJ. And thank you Amy.
Speaker 5: I mean, is it's so special to be able to finally.
Speaker 6: Do this with you.
Speaker 5: It's just it's you are such a special person. And I love what you said about celebrating Amy, because I think anytime somebody is really high performing like you are, literally in all aspects of your life physically, emotionally, professionally, as a as a I mean, everything that you do, You're just an amazing high performance person, and I think it can be challenging to celebrate. And I really hope that you celebrate you and I hope every time you put it on you feel celebrated and you feel all the love because you are. You mean so much to the world, and I know you also mean the world to your girls.
Speaker 3: So thank you, Thank you, Carissa. This is so sweet.
Speaker 4: This is one of the sweetest things that anyone's ever done. So I really appreciate it, and I am honored. I am at a little bit of a loss of words because I'm not really great at, you know, accepting praise, but I really do appreciate it, and I really do thank you for the recognition and I cannot.
Speaker 3: Wait to buy you out so you sell out of Amy's right. Thank you?
Speaker 5: How you're so welcome And how cool is it going to be when we do these giving events with the different giving partners that.
Speaker 6: You love and that we love, and.
Speaker 5: We get to donate the AMY and we get to watch that impact on their self esteem. I mean, I can't tell you like what you were saying about, you know, when you put makeup on when you are, whether you're going through chemo or somebody who's emerging emerging from homelessness. I mean, there are so many people who will be inspired by your story and so to be able to put on that Amy and really feel that sheer strength, I know it can be a little woo wu, but I'm like I swear when I when I put on the Amy, I feel a little more badass and polished.
Speaker 6: That's what she mean.
Speaker 5: She's badass and polished, you know, like you're so dropped dead gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Spent some time with you at home?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he sees me at three am every day. Yeah, with my reading glasses and my hair and a bun and the make And what do.
Speaker 1: I say to you I'm not put in it.
Speaker 2: What do I say to you?
Speaker 4: You actually said you like me best that way, and then you follow it up with and I have no incentive to tell you that, because if I didn't like you like that, I wouldn't encourage you.
Speaker 3: But he was like, yes, he did say that. It was very sweet and it was.
Speaker 4: It made me laugh, and he said, I literally have no incentive to tell you that.
Speaker 2: So makeup except for the Amy.
Speaker 4: You know, I always have to have something on my life, so that's perfect.
Speaker 1: Carissa, lady, thank you, it's good to see you in here again.
Speaker 2: Thank you for making this happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's saying thank you, but as her partner, thank you for doing this for her.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. Again.
Speaker 1: It's available now, well in June, it's coming out. You get it, folks, the Amy, the New Shade, Happy Mother's Day baby.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Carissa, thank you TJ, and thank you Emma, Andy and Sydney and all the folks at A heart iHeart for making this aheart. I know now I'm getting all self centered. I love to name it Ahart No, iHeart sorry, Ahart, I heart Radio, iHeart podcast.
Speaker 5: Okay, can I also just say the team was when we told the team, they were screaming on the phone because we were like, I'm always like, don't put this in writing, like this is like a top secret, like this is the top secret mission, and they're like, the first thing I said was we can't tell TJ until right before.
Speaker 3: I think the secret.
Speaker 1: They've been on me for weeks about no, Hey, we need to set up a meeting, we need to call, and I'm with it.
Speaker 2: We're together all the time. It's fun.
Speaker 5: But yeah, they were so excited to celebrate you because of the way that you celebrate everybody and the way that you've You've dedicated your whole life to putting people on a plat and giving them a platform.
Speaker 6: So it's really so special.
Speaker 5: So your team loves you very much, which is a reflection of you and what a great person you are.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you everybody, and happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Really appreciate it and appreciate all of you. Hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating the incredible women