Speaker 1: How to back and forth Hutchinson last game like it was a lot of fun for he was that more of the more enjoyable matchups you've had.
Speaker 2: I enjoy a good banter with everybody. I wish I would show you guys most of my micd ups because I have a great time talking to people out there.
Speaker 3: But for that one to get on it was very fun.
Speaker 2: You know, appropriate reception, it's like proturbation whatever, tomato, tomato, it is what it is. But yeah, that was a that was a fun exchange from especially because he's a big thing guy.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, no, I menytime you can take a defensive end and put him on his back is a very good feeling.
Speaker 3: How often do you learn vocabulary?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was definitely. You know, I've I've heard the word before. I've never used it in a sentence, but you know, hey, some guys, it's just it's different. So you know, people's vocabularies are just different sometimes.
Speaker 3: When did what happened to your toe?
Speaker 2: In any concern, I would say, taking a page out of my hockey friend's playbook, I would say it's a lower extremity injury. That's better I'll say about it.
Speaker 1: Or she seemed like you were trying to keep it light on the sideline with Brock and you made me laugh, but he just wasn't going for it.
Speaker 3: He's just so serious his mode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say Brock's always Dowton, And I say to you guys multiple times, like when he's on the football field, like, you guys don't get to see that part of him, like because he's always very you know, he's lighthearted when he.
Speaker 3: Talks to you guys, very humble. You know, it takes everything.
Speaker 2: He answers every question honestly, and then he's on a football fields like there's a different switches flip. So I realized I had to change my tactic of talking to him and it just had to be a little bit different to have that conversation with him.
Speaker 1: Like they have a lot of attention on them with whether it's Travis and Taylor or Patrick.
Speaker 2: Mahomes's commercials Andy Reids commercials, things like that, you guys enjoy sort of being more under the radar and.
Speaker 3: Going to this.
Speaker 2: I would say Andy Reid's his bundle commercial with the Chicken Tendi's is one of my favorite commercials in the NFL. Absolutely fantastic. He does a great job with those. Yeah, I mean it is what it is like. The Chiefs are in there there, what they're fourth super Bowl in five years. I mean, they should have all that attention. I think it's something that they're very used to though, and I don't think it's anything of a distraction for them. And I don't think, you know, while we might be under the radar, I guess to you know, people on the outside, I think the Chiefs are very aware that we're not under the radar at all.
Speaker 1: Go back and you talk to some of the guys that they went to junior college with Brandon Ayuk and he asked him about that catch the other night, and they're they're impressed, of course, and then they'll say, and we saw that all the time in practice. Curious, does that sound like an exaggeration to you or do you do you see Brandon do those kind of things all the time.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys are always out there at OTAs and training camp, like you guys see it. He mosses people, runs great routes, cooks people. I mean, he's usually he's always like I think the last like two years he's been like the MVP of training camp.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean he does it on a consistent basis.
Speaker 2: You see running routes in the off season, does it training camp, he does it all throughout practice the entire season. He's always making plays, always routing people up. So it's just like what he does every single day. Then he goes out there and it's just second nature to him. And that's the best possible thing for football players, just when you can do those plays all the time and when you can finally get the opportunity, it's not foreign to you and you're not making anything up.
Speaker 3: He's just ready to go and it's exactly what he's ready for. When you get to Vegas next week.
Speaker 2: What mindset do you have between balancing and appreciation of being on the super Bowl stage and also just focusing on getting your job done? You talking about game day throughout the whole week? Uh, I mean pretty easy for me. Like I'm gonna stick to my routine as best I can. And you know, there's we're busting to you know, UNLV or you know, going to you know, whatever media stuff we have, you know, obligations that stuff. But I mean my message to everybody's just stick to your routine. We've done as best you can. If you wake up at a certain time, continue to wake up at that certain time. Hey on Wednesday, if after practice, you you know, do some body maintenance and you go home, you sit on your couch and watch TV. Hey, why change it up? Like you don't to go get you don't need to get dinner with your agent. You'll see him next week. Like you don't need to do anything extra. Just do what you've been doing, what's been working for you, and celebrate when you're done. Just do what you've been doing the whole season. Don't make anything up like that's my thing. Like, yeah, Vegas brought the street, the strip, all the lights. It is what it is. But what's really cool would be winning the super Bowl. Anything else before that is who cares?
Speaker 3: Really? His chiefs defense will makes it so tough.
Speaker 2: Chris Jones is really good at football. Ever, any time, like you give him a one on one, he seems to dominate it. They put him out on the edge versus the tackles, he does a really good job over there. You know, they usually go out the right tackle. So he does a really good job just doing that by himself. And then because of all the double teams. It frees up all the other guys in the D line. Thirty two Bolton, I think is his last name. I think he's one of the most underrated linebackers in the NFL. I think he's really good in coverage. He flies around. I think like he doesn't get their recognition for it. I don't think because of there's a lot of other linebackers that played a high level two and then when you think of the Chiefs usually just think about Mahomes and Kelsey and Chris Jones. So I think he's playing at under level, and I think their whole secondary's playing really really well together. If you watch the tape and you see all the movements, all the motions that teams do against them, they communicate better than anyone else I've seen on tape, Like they don't get confused by when they do the double motions, all that stuff. Like they communicated at a very very high level because they've been playing in the same system. A lot of those guys have been there for a while, so it's like you have a vet team who's played a lot of games together. They've you know, and also one of the cool things is they didn't have a ton of success throughout the entire season, right they weren't, you know what are the three seed? And so that's not what the Chiefs are usually used to. And so for them to like to kind of battle back and finish at a really strong and then also in the playoffs go on the road two times and I mean do exactly what they needed to do. Like they're just playing hot right now and they're playing very confident. I think that's a really good job. And also their two corners are two of the best corns we're going to face all year, and just watching their tape is they're phenomenal. They jam, they stay on your hip. Their whole defense is playing at a really high level.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 1: If we're going to ask you about Trent Williams locker situation.
Speaker 3: I'm very jealous.
Speaker 2: I know I had three lockers during COVID and they took those away from me.
Speaker 1: Darn it.
Speaker 3: Say something about like just.
Speaker 1: See that could be viewed as like this guy's kind of quick, but.
Speaker 2: You know you're you say that to Trent, Yeah, hey, hey, Trent, Eric says you're oh that's crazy man, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That, And it speaks to maybe his staying on this team and what he's accomplished. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is there some symbolism to it. Uh, he's larger than life.
Speaker 2: He has a silver back, reala tatted on his back and it's on his private jet. You know, it's Trent Williams. He can do whatever he wants and I don't think anyone really cares.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He's also he's got so much stuff that if you were to give someone else that locker, his stuff's gonna be in their locker regardless. So just give the man two lockers if you want to give him three, don't care.
Speaker 3: He has it fenced off like it's a club.
Speaker 2: It's perfect, it's it's everything that is Trent Williams, and he deserves it as well. I would like a second one, though, I'll talk to him about it. Yesterday, they maybe were a little naive because they got the Super Bowl their first you know, first year, first couple of years, and then took it for granted thinking they could get back so easily.
Speaker 3: What's been the hardest part of this climb to just get back to this point for you?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there's a lot of guys that you lose, like you know, after the Super Bowl year, a lot of coaches that get you know, picked off and taking to other teams, and so you have to find out ways to win. It's like, yeah, we're very confident going into the twenty twenty season, Like we're confident going in every season, but you're replacing a lot of guys. You are teaching new guys that come in the culture of the team, the style of that we play. Coaches are kind of learning it. So there's just like a lot of moving pieces twenty four to seven, and you know, it's kind of on the guys that we have here and coach Hanahan, coach I mean and John Lynch to like figure out how to you know, keep that the way that we want it to be, but also evolve and adapt. And you know, winning NFL is really hard. It just is you know, boss bounce your way, injuries, all that stuff. It's it's difficult sometimes and you know football is a very difficult sport and so it's hard to get back to the top. You know, we've gotten close couple of times, but you know, hey, the ball bounces other people's ways, and some players weren't made and that's just football, and it's very nice to be able to say that we got over that NFC Championship hump and have another opportunity.
Speaker 1: Finally, about your last long matchups with Chris Jones, Like.
Speaker 2: As the Niners, I don't block him very often. We want maybe once in a while. I would just say he is a very dominant player. He's incredibly physical, he's huge, He's very hard to block one on one. And like I said, when you have a guy like on the interior that's as dominant as that guy is, you have to account for him with like three hands or two sets of hands.
Speaker 3: And when you're doing that.
Speaker 2: It just allows all the other guys to get all these one on one opportunities. And then then you throw in they'll put five guys on the line, or they might blit somebody else and then hey, it's leaving somebody one on one with Chris Jones, and it's like, hey, good luck. Like he's amazing, one of the best players in the NFL. He's been like a top ten on the NFL one hundred multiple years in a row. There's a reason he is because you have to account for him on every play. And I think that he's like you have to treat him kind of Aaron Donald dish, which where like he could wreck any drive. You say, hey, we're gonna leave Hi one on one, and then all of a sudden he swims through tacks, running back in the back of a minus five. You're looking at second and fifteen and it ruins the drive. So he's just very very good at wrecking plays, and when you have to ac count for something like that, it just kind of leaves other people open.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys,