Speaker 1: We have a call. Hello, Hey, are you all fantastic? Who's talking? Who are we talking to? Let me guess where you're from.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's so cool to Georgia.
Speaker 1: I was gonna guess. I was going to say Georgia. I was not going to say George.
Speaker 2: Actually, Joe, I'm kind of in your area. I'm at Cocoa Beach right now. And I know you sing out in Miami A want so?
Speaker 1: Oh oh nice? Now, okay, Miami, I live in Miami. How are you liking Miami?
Speaker 2: It's cool here. I wanted to ask yall though, I want to know what your favorite song you guys have ever written?
Speaker 1: Is question question? Right off the bat. Our favorite song we've ever written, It's called Don't Charge Me for the Crime. I think our favorite song we've ever written, I think is probably oh Man, that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The one that comes to mind right now it is called a song called Jersey. I love that. I think mine is probably love Bug that tracks.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like a song called Can't Have You. It's one of my favorites. Love Shelf is another one. Good Bridges. Thank you so much. Well, thanks for calling. Enjoy Miami. Stay cool out there. Yeah, thank you, it's great to talk to you all. Talk Hi bye Sea. Were you actually going to guess at Georgia? Yeah? I wish youd have that? What's that waiting? All day long? I've been written on this waiting room the conference conference call, so that one's great. We got somebody on the line. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi, this is Ryan's Rosar. They're not kidding you. Where are you calling us from? Actually, Nick wants to guess where you're calling. I'd like to guess where you're calling from. Can you say your name?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: Okay, my name is Tyana.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm going to take a wild guess here. You're calling from the southern California area, potentially San Diego.
Speaker 3: Okay, southern California. Yes, not San Diego. That's too far south.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so like Los Angeles slanning between Los Angeles more north Sacramento. I got California. Well done, Nick, Thank you, Tiana. How you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm from Ventoura, Ventura County.
Speaker 1: I was going to say Ventura and then Kevin said not to. So what you what you need help with here?
Speaker 3: I know you guys are dads and your brothers. Obviously, I have a brother myself. We both have children, congratulations, And it's just so funny because sometimes he does things with his kids that I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: The heck are you doing?
Speaker 1: Spilled tea? Like what like yeah, give it?
Speaker 3: Okay, like like silly things like Okay, my brother is a big theme park guy. So he'll take the kids to the theme park. And mind you, they're like three and six, He'll take them to theme park and like keep them up till midnight one am.
Speaker 2: Look, I love a.
Speaker 3: Good theme park, but I'm a stickler for bedtime, so like, my kids are going down by eight nine at the latest. So just like things like that, and he'll do it like four or five days in a row.
Speaker 2: Like what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Your kids are gonna be so tired. I wanted to know from you guys, what is something that your brother does with their kids that you're like, oh my gosh, I would.
Speaker 1: Not do that. Oh yeah, I feel like, okay, well, your brother sounds like a super fun time. By the way, yes, he's great. I think look sibling sibling stuff understandable. There are things about your siblings are always gonna bother you, they're gonna be like, that's annoying. But when we've kind of made a golden rule amongst our as brothers, and we do not give unsolicited parenting advice or have opinions on how they parent, at least to their yeah, we wouldn't. I think you can say, at least to their face, yes, their face. I think at the end of the day, everyone is we kind of just to think, Look, you know, everyone's doing their best out here, and I'm sure you're an awesome mom and and your kids are well rested. And also I can understand that you're probably like, hey, as a concern, Auntie, put these kids to bed, it's ten pm. Why they're knocking the roller coaster totally, but also to each their own. You know, everyone's on this wild journey raised kids could be kind of crazy and wild and challenging. But things that bother us, it's hard to say. You know, we kind of said we wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: That's you guys are way too kind to each other.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you sharing your story. Just trying to keep the band together, you know, just trying to keep the band together.
Speaker 3: I know, I mean even with this bedtimes, man, I still have a baby that won't sleep right now.
Speaker 1: So I guess maybe you got to keep them up till midnight and make him ride some roller coasters. Maybe he'll sleep. Maybe maybe there's some magic in your brothers roller coasters.
Speaker 3: Four months old on a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe maybe not. Well, congrats on the family and best of luck with the sleep. Yeah, thank you so much, all the best. Thanks for the call, Well answered Joe. Well answered, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was never gonna like mention, like, you know, like what we think, Like when Kevin's like, like when he's parenting his kids, We're like, wow, this is terrible mistake.
Speaker 1: There he told his parent. We never mentioned that. On the pavers that's.
Speaker 4: When you do stuff and I'm like, wow, why would you ever do It's like in all the things you do, Nick, don't do or don't do no, don't do Yeah, more specifically or on the everyone's.
Speaker 1: On their own parenting journey. It's a and it's a wild roller coaster. Have you ever gotten crazy? Like so unsolicited advice? Of course?
Speaker 2: Hi, Hello, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: We are good? Were talking to where are you calling from? Don't tell us where you call, don't don't, don't tell you what's your name? Say it again? Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura.
Speaker 4: I think you are calling from Long Island. I think you're calling from Boston. Nope, damn, just kidding. I think you're going from New England, not.
Speaker 2: From New England. Sorry, all wrong?
Speaker 1: Are we warm or cold?
Speaker 2: Cold?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I'm in Savannah, Georgia.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that kens Savannah, Georgia. Yeah right, okay, yeah, but what's going on? How can we help? There's a lot of hauntings in Savannah, Georgia. Yeah, I went on a haunting tour.
Speaker 2: Where that is what we're known for. That's correct.
Speaker 1: I think it's like just like a place like it's just like they just like it. Or is it just old buildings more on top of grave?
Speaker 5: Ye? There's that?
Speaker 1: Is that? keV? That's not fun? Build in graves can't be doing a lot of dark history. Well, thanks for making the phone call. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I do want to hear what your wildest Hollywood story is, but I also feel very compelled to tell you mine because it involves all of you lead the way in. I want to say twenty thirteen, my friend and I accidentally snuck into Joe's birthday party.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, where was your birthday in twenty thirteen? Twenty thirteen?
Speaker 2: It was, Yeah, I think that's what it was. It was right after you guys did a show at the It was called like the Globe or something.
Speaker 1: That was up at Universal Gibson Amphatheater.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, So a friend of mine and I had gotten tickets through our jobs at the time, and we were backstage for the first part of the show and just chatting with some people, and somebody had told us that Joe was having a birthday party and made it sound like it was going to be this really big bash and they're like, yeah, you should come. We're not going, but here's the address. And my friend and I were like, oh, no one will ever know that we're there. I'm sure there's going to be like tons of people there. We show up and it's at this like little house in Hollywood or West Hollywood or something. We had been talking to one of the security guards backstage at the show, and when we got there, he was like, what are you guys doing here? We like, still had our vip stickers on, which obviously probably shouldn't have been wearing that to go a birthday party looks like totals And he's like, what are you doing here? And my friend was like, oh, you know we somebody invited us. Blah blah blah. He said, Okay, tell me who are you guys really? And my friend goes, with like so much confidence, who aren't we and flips her hair and he goes, all right, good enough for me, and you let us inside.
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Walk in. We walk in and there's like ten people there when we got there, and I think at no time there was more than maybe thirty. Wow, you guys in your date. And we ran to the bathroom and took off our vip stickers and people started showing up when nobody nobody said anything, that's.
Speaker 1: So funny because who aren't you? Yeah, I hope you had a good time, have a good time. Was it weird?
Speaker 2: What we learned is that Kevin is really good at pretending he knows people, because he was the only one that came up to us and he was like, those guys, it's so good to see you. How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Wow? We used to the mayor. We used to call the mayor, which was which is it? Suits? Well in the situation. He was very friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow to figure out saying happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh, this was.
Speaker 4: At this was at the old office I think, which was kind of a house right there. Yeah, street interesting, I recall this.
Speaker 1: I was wondering who you were. Yeah, I said not to say anything. They just they just seemed like they need to be there. Well, I mean we were.
Speaker 2: Like quiet, we didn't take pictures, we weren't being weird about it.
Speaker 3: We didn't really tell people.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Now it is a good ice break.
Speaker 1: I love that. Well, thank you for sharing. And have you snuck into other people's birthday parties since this?
Speaker 2: No, I don't have the confidence. It was my friend.
Speaker 1: Well, now you know the line, you know the line you have to use.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what times of change. I don't live in l A anymore?
Speaker 1: Got you? I got you? Okay. So our craziest Hollywood story, Oh man, we have quite uh quite a few. I mean Nick spuilt uh a drink on the same person, a very famous, same person twice.
Speaker 4: Care to share, Nick, I was at the the Golden Globes. I was nominated that year for Best Original Song, which was an amazing thing, and we didn't win. So Joe was there with me and he said, hey, let's go to the bar get a drink, and so I got up and it was kind of sad, but it was like, you know, it just nice to be in the room, to be nominate. It was really cool. I was like a reminder, Nick, you were just nominated. You are always nominated for a Golden Globe, regardless of you win. It was a it was a really special night. So she was being a great brother who went to the bar. I grabbed a beer and there was like these high top tables and we're sitting there talking for a minute, and all of a sudden a friend of ours.
Speaker 1: It was named Sean Douglas.
Speaker 4: He's Michael Keaton's son, Michael Keaton, the legendary actor, and and Sean Douglas walks up and say hey, guys, and he's a songwriter.
Speaker 1: We know him very well.
Speaker 4: And he's like, this is my dad. And it's Michael Keaton, like, oh wow, hey, good to meet you. And I went to say hi, and my shoulder hit my beer and it's spilled all over Michael Keaton and he goes, this is going to be in variety, and he was like laughing about it was funny, and you know, out on stage two minutes later, he's like, I'm literally about to go on station in two minutes to present. And so I felt like, you know, even worse than I already did, and I was like this night, couldn't get they words. So then cut to like two months later, Joe and I are at the US Open, my wife's stair as well. It's kind of like stadium seating. So we're in this row and the road in front of us right but below us. All of a sudden, Sean Douglas and his wife and Michael Keaton walk in and I have my drink at my feet and I get up to say hi and and you know, shake their hands again. And as I get up, my foot hits the drink and it spills on Michael Keaton's shoes and his ankles, and.
Speaker 1: He's like, what is Is this a joke?
Speaker 4: It unfortunately wasn't, and now I'm embarrassed, uh to ever see him again after that.
Speaker 1: Just make sure there's no liquid around you every time, now, just get on the pot. Well, thank you for your story. Thanks for calling. Yeah, and uh, we'll see it the next birthday. Yeah, we'll see you see in August.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, back you bye. That's wild crazy. There's another caller on right now, goes hello, Hello, Hello, Hi, how's it going? How's it going?
Speaker 5: I I feel like you guys can help me. Thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Happily.
Speaker 5: My siblings and I love each other, We're huge fans of one another. But we can barely get through a family event without like squabbling. And you perform together, you work together, you have this amazing podcast together.
Speaker 1: Like, how do you deal with all that sibling stuff? Good question? How do you do it? I mean it's it's all the money, no kidding.
Speaker 5: I should just start sending them twenty dollars bills.
Speaker 1: We started off like, I'll get now double it after the trip. I think that the way that that we get through it is that at this point in our life, it has to be a really big thing or a really like repetitively annoying thing for us to let it escalate to a fight or a situation where it's like, why are we gonna let this ruin our night?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: When when you only have in the grand scheme of things. When you when you are with the people you love in this lifetime, you are fortunate to have around eighty summers together, let's call it. That's not a lot in the grand scheme of things. If you love those people and you think about the number of days within that summer that you're going to get with them, it gets even smaller totally. And if you get more and more specific, you can narrow that down to Okay, maybe maybe in the grand scheme of my life with this person, I'm only going to get this much time.
Speaker 1: It's not a morbid thought.
Speaker 4: It's just a reality check to say, like, do we want to spend a couple hours of that time or in perpetuity days of that time that we have being upset with each other? Right when it could just be as simple as hey, I love you, Sorry, let's just drop it.
Speaker 1: It's not worth it. That's how I approach it. I think.
Speaker 4: I think that's so smart. Each of us, in our own way kind of look at it that way.
Speaker 5: Is there some way that you like when you're in it and there's something going on that you like, stop it. Sometimes we just have trouble.
Speaker 1: Like coming out of the fight coming out of the thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we sometimes will be like, hey, this isn't going to be resolved right now, just step away, or let's just go be with the fam and like we don't have that much time this week together. Let's just enjoy this. We'll talk about in the morning, sleep on it. I know, like incidences, instances where it's happened, where like something has happened and it's the end of the night and then there's like a blow up and then everyone's kind of gone their own way. Sometimes just a simple text to break the ice is someone needs to make that first step forwards. It's just like, hey, sorry, I know that was weird. I really didn't mean to come across that way, or maybe you did and we should talk about it, but like it's just sometimes someone's got to break the ice and let it just be you, if you can be the bigger man or a woman.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's good to know that we're not the only ones. Like everybody has these issues, but there are certain pet peeves that you have of each other that you're just like, don't do that again, stop chewing cereal in my ear.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we all have it, and we all have things that annoy the crap out of each other. But yeah, it's about well yeah right, but it's just about how you kind of like manage it for yourself and also manage it like when you're in it, like how to come out of it for me at least.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for your question, and we wish you and your siblings the best of luck and your resolution of your arguments and such.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much. Okay, but Joe, we got to wrap it up.
Speaker 4: But hey, on that note, love you, love you, Love you, guys, love you, And I'll see it in a little while, all
Speaker 1: Right, So yeah, bye bye bye bye bye bye