Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan I two.
Speaker 2: She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bones Show this week.
Speaker 3: Happy Turkey weekend. I hope you're enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday with your family and friends. Are just relaxing while you're enjoying that leftover Thanksgiving food. Make sure you check out Part one Part three this Weekend with Lunchbox. Part one is all about life, we catch up share what we're doing for the holidays, and Part three is always listener Q and A. So check those out. But to get caught up on the show, let's get into it. We played the Bobby Feud. The category was top ten things you should not bring up at the Thanksgiving table, and hopefully a lot of you guys abided by these rules.
Speaker 4: Number seven topics to not bring up at Thanksgiving. Okay, that's the category. According to a poll of two thousand adults twenty one and older, all different generations, these are the top ten topics to not bring up at Thanksgiving. They are all on the board. Morgan Amy Lunchbox, you're playing the Bobby Feud, dude, Let's play the game more again. You're up first.
Speaker 3: The obvious one is politics.
Speaker 4: Number one answer is politics, also.
Speaker 3: Going in that same kind of vein as religion.
Speaker 4: Religion number two answer.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: How this gets brought up, but it definitely does something about weight, whether you're watching your weight, somebody's watching their way, like people's weight.
Speaker 4: Show me people's weight.
Speaker 5: Wow, who brings that?
Speaker 4: I would have never got there. I didn't miss that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good job is saking like diet.
Speaker 5: You're looking a little heavy.
Speaker 4: This is what it says, appearance are weight quote should you be eating that?
Speaker 5: Oh my, that's terrible. Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay Morgan's one, two and three you go ahead.
Speaker 3: The other one I had. I also don't know how this, but like family drama, like bringing up the family hot.
Speaker 4: Button, family drama. Good Okay, the actual redd answer is family drama. Family who's not there? Oh yeah, so that's that's exactly how it was a phrase.
Speaker 3: Okay, whoever cooked, there could be bad cooking on the table, and we don't bring attention to the bad cooking.
Speaker 4: So conversation about quality of meal something like that cooking?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Morgan with fourteen points. She got one, two, three and eight. Amy. There are still six answers on the board. We're over to you. Topics to not bring up at Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Any like divorce or ex relationships like ex husband, ex boyfriend.
Speaker 4: X's or past relationships. Number ten answer ten points per you money. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I mean money?
Speaker 4: Oh, got it, of course. Money. Number six is money slash finances. You have now taken the lead.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I don't know. Guys, just gossip.
Speaker 4: Give me my money, gossip. I'm just questioning if you said that. You did say that, right, I did say gossip. Rais ray hot with the button over there, lunchbucks man, it's tough. Man.
Speaker 6: What do you not talk about? Give me parenting skills? I wouldn't do it that way. You need to do this way. Teaching people how to parenting skills, parenting critiques good one.
Speaker 4: Number nine answer. Let me walk through what we have. One, two and three are politics, religion and appearance are weight, at six is money and finances. Eight, nine and ten are family drama, parenting critiques, and exes or past relationships. There are still three answers on the board. We're talking the top ten topics not to bring up a Thanksgiving Man.
Speaker 6: Now I'm struggling. Gosh, what do you not talk about at Thanksgiving, I'm gonna go with kids, more kids, Like why aren't you pregnant yet? Like, are you guys gonna have kids? You're gonna have more kids? Just leave off table, Just be happy with what you got.
Speaker 4: Show me when are you having kids? Good? Number five answer so right now? Lunchbox fourteen more than fourteen? Amy sixteen. Oh my gosh. There are two answers lest.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say relationship advice, like, ah, are you sure you want to date her? Like I don't really like her? If they bring a date or a spouse, like you're still with them? Relationship advice at Thanksgiving? Bad idea.
Speaker 4: Relationship advice. Would you like to be more specific because it's not here, but you can be more specific and get it gosh?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Would you think that's fair because it's not quite there? But I do want to give them a chance to dial in on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, relationship advice is not there commenting on their spouse on their significant other, like your dislikes about the partner, Okay, your dislikes about the partner?
Speaker 4: All right, we are round two points are double Morgan, There's only two.
Speaker 3: Left before I try and walk down, though I feel like this is one. Nobody wants to talk about work on.
Speaker 4: Thanksgiving, so don't talk about work. So show me work. Number seven worth fourteen points.
Speaker 1: Everybody you but nobody wants to.
Speaker 4: Okay, Morgan, there's one left. You have twenty eight points.
Speaker 3: Okay, and it's down that relationship ship one okay, and advice about relationships. Okay. We mentioned like when are you having kids? When are you getting married?
Speaker 4: Why are you still single? Yeah? That's it is.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two Jennifer Lopez performed at a wedding for a whole bunch of money. So I got us talking, who would you like to perform at your wedding?
Speaker 4: Number six Jennifer Lopez was paying two million bucks to perform at a wedding. It's naz that's awesome.
Speaker 1: So like, how many songs is that?
Speaker 4: It was? It was full crew too. I mean I looked at the pictures. So the person is a lavish Indian billionaire. She went to somewhere called oper I haven't been there in India. Yeah, I haven't been there. Uh. The event was celebrating the wedding of I don't know a couple people whose name I don't want to try to pronounce because it'll be wrong and then I'll get criticized. But her performance included her hit songs, which was a highlight of the four day celebration. The wedding also featured celebrities. I think they also paid to come, like it was all their people, but they paid celebrities to come. Man, they got a lot, a lot of money. It was her first visit to India to perform two million dollars. It does not say I looked, but it's her whole all of her dancers, whole production, all of out. Because if you're gonna pay two million bucks for somebody to perform, you definitely want the light show.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, on the background dancers.
Speaker 4: She performed for an hour. Wow, that's full concert. It is. You're getting married, you get to have somebody performance your wedding. Who is it?
Speaker 1: George?
Speaker 4: Oh that would be great, Yeah, that'd be cool. Anyone, Well, it's anyone they they could pay. Well yeah, not dead. Yeah, good point. And he was about to say someone dead or something. Yeah. No, they hating on you for no reason. You just got assaulted for doing nothing except saying anyone.
Speaker 9: I was just trying to go Big. I was thinking, like someone real good, go you too of anyone? Yeah, I love you too? Yeah, okay, And they have like, uh like music that's the romantic, like.
Speaker 4: No judgment, no judgment. I shouldn't have said that cold Play, right, like that would be awesome. Cola only played the album of Russia Blood to the Head and Yellow because that wasn't on that record.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that was on the record before that first one. Yeah, oh man, that'd be cool.
Speaker 6: Lunchbox Bruno Mars brings the fun has all the horns, and I mean it's just upbeat music what you want at a wedding, and so it'd be absolutely perfect.
Speaker 4: I think I would have Brooks and Dunn, Rascal Flats Okay, oh you already did that. And looking back at our wedding, that's kind of.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. Yeah, no, it's crazy. Like I think about like my family that came into town because we had the well, my wife and I got married over four years ago. We got married on our property, so we didn't like rent a big venue. We just kind of put tins up, big tents, but tents. We had a little stage in there. And the good thing about this town is if people are your friends and they have a talent, they'll use it. And so yeah, Ronnie Dunn's saying Neon Moon. What else did he do? I think in ne On Moon because we danced in Neon Moon. He came up just to me Rascal Flats, I know, fast cars and freedom and God Bless the Broken Road. Dan and Shay did our first dance song, which was from Jesse and the Rippers on Full House, but was actually a Beach Boys, a Brian Wilson song Forever Forever. That was cool.
Speaker 5: You know what was.
Speaker 9: Cool was the band that you hired just to play. They were the band for all these artists and they were so happy.
Speaker 4: Well who was so happy? Were like my random cousins that came to town. Yeah?
Speaker 9: Who did like Ronnie sit with? Like how did you sit there?
Speaker 4: He sat with Matt Jones from Kentucky Sports Radio. So we're close with Ronnie and his wife, and so I didn't feel like I had to super super protect them because I know they can handle their own. So we sat them with like friends of ours that are So he sat with Matt Jones.
Speaker 9: I remember somebody is saying, like, dude, it's crazy, Like they're sitting at our tables.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was that was pretty cool. Looking back, it's crazier than when it was happening because you're just so in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty special.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty crazy. I wonder how much that would have cost me if if people wanted to hire that showdow do their wedding, that'd probably been a couple million bucks.
Speaker 5: Hunt, you didn't offer them any money.
Speaker 4: No, they live right down the road. They they actually offered it to us.
Speaker 5: That's nice of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then during Neon Moon, this big sign came down that we still have. That was a big Neon Moon said and his name on it. But if I were to pick somebody that wasn't them, may be fair on this, I think I would go John mayerhod.
Speaker 9: Yes, and again like just wedding music that's like all about love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't think you want just that. I think you want it's it's a perform It's not like just first dance like you want to show. Sure, like fast cars and freedom from When Rascal Flats did that, that wasn't love. That was having a great time, like you know j Lo's like now Donald's that I got I'm sill Jenny if I'm not and people aren't like, no, this just ain't love next song? So yeah, two million dollars to be rich like that. That will be crazy.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, it was Amy versus Lunchbox in the game of lead Singers. They had to name the lead singer of a band. Hey got pretty dicey because there was some money on the line.
Speaker 4: Number five, I'm gonna give the lead singer, and you guys have to give the band. But Eddie, we're not gonna play, okay, but you can pick. We'll bet. How about you bet. I'll give you the pick and the amount of money on a bet.
Speaker 9: Five dollars, and I will go with Lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Oh dang, okay, all right, so I just named the band. No, so I yeah, I'll give both of you the lead singer and you named the band. You got five bucks on you come on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I got cash.
Speaker 4: Watch you pick Lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: He secretly knows stuff about music, especially like bands, like rock bands.
Speaker 5: He knows stuff about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Amy, good, you're representing me in five whole dollars.
Speaker 6: I wish it was a little more confident. Five dollars seems like you're not that confident in me.
Speaker 5: You want ten?
Speaker 4: No, No, you get to pick fourty five bucks?
Speaker 5: You sure you won't acking up it?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Oh you're scared? I got it now. I believe in her.
Speaker 5: Good ten?
Speaker 4: No you want to go four? Okay, here we go. I'll give you the late singer tell me that band, Dave Grohl. No, I'm in for the wind Lunchbox food Fighters, Amy, Oh my gosh, Amy, No, no, No, I'm serious. Why don't you can't one already? That was a softball?
Speaker 5: What do you have?
Speaker 1: Red hot chili?
Speaker 4: Man? I the struggle to get there easy money. That was a tough one. That was hard.
Speaker 5: It wasn't game.
Speaker 1: You can see how I got him confused for sure, Amy, I I.
Speaker 4: I barely got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Next up, Bradley Knowle, who.
Speaker 5: You're in trouble?
Speaker 4: We're going to do we know the better? Bradley Nol What any band anything, anything, any.
Speaker 1: Band of at all of all time, all time.
Speaker 5: I bet they don't.
Speaker 1: Bradley Knowle. Oh my gosh, okay, I'm.
Speaker 4: In Lunchbox Oasis, Amy, the Monkeys, Sublime. It's a good guess Hey, good guess Amy, thank you the same genre? Okay, next up? Chester Bennington, Mister, you can't fall back to, you can't fall back to. He's writing something you can't fall back to. You fall to, You're never gonna catch up.
Speaker 5: You're doing great.
Speaker 7: Chester is the British some sort of a British man Chester Bennington. That sounds very England or something over there, Chester Bennington, Chester, I hope I'm right, Chester Bennington.
Speaker 4: Okay. Lunchbox Lincoln Park. Yes, that was Fred Durst.
Speaker 5: This is awesome, this is perfect.
Speaker 1: That's not Fred.
Speaker 4: So what do you have to get? Oasis Lincoln Park? Is it funny? It means like having the time for lying. Stevie Nicks. I'm in, I'm in the wind. Lunch Fleetwood, Macy.
Speaker 1: Fleetwood, mac Hey, celebrate me. You both got it, Joe, I'll do better if I get praise.
Speaker 4: Joel Madden.
Speaker 6: What is her name?
Speaker 5: Oh man, Oh my gosh?
Speaker 1: Is that them? Is that them?
Speaker 6: What is their name?
Speaker 1: Is that them?
Speaker 4: Joel Madden?
Speaker 10: Hold on, Joel, Joel Madden, what are you doing? Lunchalk I'm trying to I'm picturing them. So you're playing hair guitar?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm playing guitar. How he hell out? He doesn't five seconds?
Speaker 5: It's not right?
Speaker 4: Ah, Amy blink on two lunchbox some forty one. No, the answer is good Charlotte, him and his brother. Hey, you feel about that? Amy?
Speaker 1: I felt fairly certain they were in blank one two.
Speaker 4: All right, we're just killing time now because Amy's not gonna get eighties.
Speaker 5: You're not feeling good, that's sure not.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: Ryan Tedder, I'm in.
Speaker 1: Really he sounds familiar like he dated somebody.
Speaker 6: Ryan Teddor, Ryan Tedder.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, what are they called?
Speaker 11: Mmmm?
Speaker 6: Ryan Tedder?
Speaker 5: Mmmm?
Speaker 4: All right? Time lunchbox Oasis, Amy fallout boy one Republic.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna go faster because I'm gonna lose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: I couldn't couldn't figure that one out. I had that one. Rob Thomas, I'm in.
Speaker 1: We're going faster. Remember time.
Speaker 4: Depends on Rob Thomas. Five seconds.
Speaker 3: I don't have it.
Speaker 4: I do time.
Speaker 6: Marcy's playground, Amy match k Johnny good let go?
Speaker 4: How many is she down?
Speaker 1: You smile?
Speaker 4: Three to two? Two? Okay, we've done one, two, three, four, five, We've done six, not out four or five. We've done. Seven, Yes, three left, okay, three leves.
Speaker 5: Hey, come on, lunch b we'll slow down.
Speaker 4: Brandon Flowers.
Speaker 1: You know who that is?
Speaker 5: He's writing something down.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I know who that is.
Speaker 1: You know who that is? Why are you still writing?
Speaker 6: I'm writing down number nine because I just had to put the number.
Speaker 4: Number of bullet points. Yeah, like it. I'm in for the win.
Speaker 1: I'm in Amy, fall out Boy.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox, dashboard, confessional Killers.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 1: The killer?
Speaker 4: How many is that?
Speaker 5: Eight?
Speaker 4: There's too much?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't mark off man. I really thought I had it on.
Speaker 5: Dude, you got this studio?
Speaker 4: Next up, Brandon Uri mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Okay, Brandon Ury.
Speaker 5: Let's see. You should know it.
Speaker 6: I'm in for the one.
Speaker 4: I'm in Amy, fall Boy, lunch Frocks, Dashboard Conventional.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 4: Guys panic at the disc.
Speaker 9: At some point we're gonna get there, right fall that boy, just the last one.
Speaker 4: Mike, all the marbles, Billy Corgan, he is too.
Speaker 5: He's smiling, dang it, tongues out.
Speaker 8: Dollar.
Speaker 6: You are rich, lunchbox smashing pumpkins.
Speaker 1: Amy smashing pumpkins.
Speaker 4: The money. No not, let's go. You lost you can't yo, Let's go like you want I'm peeling off cash for Eddie, and he was like, let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you very much. Do you cut lunchbox in? No, Okay, I don't. I don't even need it.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox. I got you next time, dude, I don't.
Speaker 4: Even worry about it. You know what I mean. I win you money.
Speaker 6: But you know, feature horse, dude, I read I wanted feature horse.
Speaker 4: Hey, you hungry, feed your horse.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two.
Speaker 3: With the Thanksgiving holiday, everybody was sure what they did for Thanksgiving. My family's been in town and I've been super excited hanging out with them and getting to spend time with not only them but also my boyfriend's family. It's been a fun time. This is what the rest of the show has been up to this week.
Speaker 4: Number four. So in Michigan, this guy was gonna buy a scratch off, and he did, and then he's like, I don't want that one, got another one. Guy behind him was like, well, I'll take that one. And the guy behind him that said, wall I'll take that one won a million bucks.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, that's not that's that's easy.
Speaker 5: What do you do nothing.
Speaker 4: They do celebrate your whim. The thirty three year old man told Michigan Lottery officials he was at this store and he just saw it happen, and the guy just laid the ticket down and had the register because he said, I'll take that when he rips it. Didn't beat it, because once you beat it, it's kind of dead right right, you beap it. It's beeped it, it's sold. There was a Blazing Suit's ticket aside the counter that someone had decided not to purchase it. So I said I'll go ahead and take it. I snatched the ticket off, scratched it won a million dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I bet that person that didn't take it, he doesn't.
Speaker 6: Know, probably not unless he sees the new story and sees the name of the game is like that's where I go to the gas station.
Speaker 4: That's the game.
Speaker 1: That would still be hard to know that it was.
Speaker 4: Your Well, you know what I think I would do is I think I'd put the security footage up of someone going nah, the next guy coming up and taking it for the put on. That's public.
Speaker 6: Oh then people see him. Hey dude, Jim, I saw you on the really, yeah, you were giving back a lottery ticket.
Speaker 4: I want a million dollars? What a lot of Well no, no, no, I just got to scratch off at the store yesterday. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well there was a guy in the news and it shows you bought you grabbed a ticket and said, no, I don't want that one.
Speaker 4: Gave me back the blazing Suits one that I didn't want. I hate that game. Yeah, I went won a million dollars. Yeah, that's Oh. It would be so crazy to scratch off a million dollar winter. We talked about it so much, but imagine I just wouldn't believe it. I would think one of you, I don't care if I'm in Wyoming and I scratched it off, I'm looking around for you guys pranking me. That's how unbelievable it would be to scratch and see that. You would go, surely I'm not looking at this right, surely crazy. Another one was there's an unclaimed seventy eight million dollar lottery jackpot that it's about to expire. So if you won and then lunchbox, what is it if you don't claim it within a certain amount of time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have like six months or one hundred and eight. I don't even know exactly the amount of days.
Speaker 4: One to eighty. You almost said on this one, okay.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, and then if it goes away, it just goes away, goes to the state.
Speaker 4: Thirty sixty ninety that's also six months finvors. Yeah, because I did thirty sixty ninety one, twenty yeah, one fifty one eighty.
Speaker 9: You think someone has it and they're waiting it's under someone's seat.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know they have it. Lottery officials are urging players to check their tickets after a seventy eight million dollar jackpot. This is in Texas was one on November fifteenth and still hasn't been claimed. Heck will help too. And if somebody goes to their ticket and finds it, because we're reminding you, we will take a small cut, yeah, very small, small small, and I will disperse of it to charitable organizations. No no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 9: No, they're talking about organizations us.
Speaker 4: The winning numbers are seven, seventeen, twenty three, twenty eight, thirty nine, and forty eight. It was matched by a ticket purchased at Gordon's Bait and Tackle in Brownsville in South Mexico border.
Speaker 5: Yes, look under your seats.
Speaker 4: You know what happened is that where Mexicans put their tickets.
Speaker 5: Aady that's sir, would but.
Speaker 6: They said bait and tackle.
Speaker 4: They took it on the boat. Oh no. The winner has one hundred and eighty days from the drawing date to claim the prize. So they're like, no one's come forward, so they have time, but they just haven't claimed it yet. If no one comes forward, the entire jackpot will expire. That's not even that long. They're doing this like two weeks out, so they have time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's seventy eight million dollars. You would think like.
Speaker 4: You'd run immediately, Yes, yeah, but I think I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: You trying to get your affairs in order.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless it just depends what season of my life I'm in. Earlier in life, i'd run immediately because they had no money on I would definitely want to figure out way to hide it. Yeah, people didn't know. I wouldn't want people to know. I want the lottery. I'm like these callers to go, we've had a couple, like, nobody knows. I would not want people to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with you, we wouldn't be able to figure it out well with us, there.
Speaker 5: Be where did they get that cart? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like with you would be like, okay, we don't know.
Speaker 4: We're like I don't know because I'm able to hide it.
Speaker 7: So good.
Speaker 1: No, because you already have.
Speaker 5: Life won't change one bit.
Speaker 9: I'd go to every Cowboys gaming, Like, how does that afford to go to every Cowboy?
Speaker 4: How is Eddie on the sideline with a headset? There would be signs the top reasons people head to the e R on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Oh a bone burn?
Speaker 4: Oh a bone? Like you eat a bone choking on it? That's interesting. It didn't make it, but that's I like it.
Speaker 5: Okay, passed out eating too much?
Speaker 4: Uh, it says stomach woes. I don't think that's passed out on it. Oh what'd you say? Lunch burn? Yeah? But so burns on there cooking due to turkey fryer accidents mostly can I say this, I don't know anything about frying turkey.
Speaker 5: I'm doing one.
Speaker 4: I've watched a lot of videos. I know a lot of friends. You gotta be pretty stupid for a turkey to catch a fire. Well, it's all about displacement. I watched a whole video on it.
Speaker 5: Can't tell you how it happens.
Speaker 9: So these are open flame burners, right, and there's flame underneath the pot that has the oil in it. Yes, if the turkey, if the.
Speaker 4: Turkey is not thought out completely, yeah, because there's frozen water in it.
Speaker 9: There is still water in it, and it makes everything pop in all the bubbles, and it makes it overflow.
Speaker 5: Therefore you'll start a.
Speaker 4: Fire also overflowing. Let's say it is to completely thought. I've never done it, but I watched two videos on it. I am now an expert.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's the problem.
Speaker 4: Also, what the people just watch videos on it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, that that still has moisture on it.
Speaker 4: Got it? Not only that you can completely thought, but if you don't have your oil ratio with turkey ratio, and you put the turkey in and the oil goes over the top, correct, they have.
Speaker 9: To measure it with water before you put the oil in. Put water in there and put the turkey in there and be like all right, that's where that's how much oil I need.
Speaker 4: Some people will try too small of a fryer, too or too large of a turkey, which, yeah, you have been watching it. I watched two of them. I saw a video where a guy did everything wrong to see if it would explode, and it did, and then I and then so I watched that so long that I watched the safety way to do it.
Speaker 9: Man to people just freak out when the oil starts bubbling and the flame star.
Speaker 4: It was on purpose. He did it on purpose. He dropped it from extra high, too much oil, frozen. He just wanted to see what would happen.
Speaker 1: And he was there, like, you will walk away, No, but I could imagine when you're there and expecting it, you can plan. Accordingly, some people walk away, they don't even know what's happening. Then their whole houses.
Speaker 9: Some people try to save the turkey, and you're like, there, just let the turkey go, get out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good point. I ever quested fried Okra, Like I said yesterday, I want it, and I hope I get it at Thanksgiving. Bually get it. I've just been told a couple of times it's not traditional Thanksgiving. Uh. And then you guys all agreed with that, and so I was used against me. Oh, they were like, your whole show agreed that fried Oka is not a traditional Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: It's not It's what I mean, you get to have whatever you want.
Speaker 4: You can make it traditional. Yeah, make it, you're saying, I guess I could make it.
Speaker 1: Say this is your one.
Speaker 4: No chance I'm making crab. Yeah. So hopefully we're gonna go Charlie's Chicken in Oklahoma. They're still open and get some fried Okra cuts. Some lacerations on the fingers and hand because people are cutt stuff and out their hands. Orthopedic injuries. I guess people just fall. Oh what about like like like like football, even if you're playing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, head injuries.
Speaker 5: Drunk now, grandma fell.
Speaker 4: I don't know, dude. It says make sure your home is safe for people to walk around. Head injuries, grandpa stomach woes. That's from the New York Post. I'll be in Oklahoma Thanksgiving. I'm going to be here in the studio.
Speaker 1: My boyfriend's dad and his wife. They're hosting, which I went there last year, but I'll be taking my kids this year because I have them. It's my year for Thanksgiving. We alternate thanks even Christmas.
Speaker 12: Every year.
Speaker 9: Families come in here except my brother. He didn't have vacation time.
Speaker 4: Oh really that sucks.
Speaker 9: He's like, dude, I can't get off sorry. Thanksgiving Day, yeah, I can't do.
Speaker 1: It, but to travel, like if you don't have the Wednesday or the Friday all like you, he may have thanks Eving day off, but how do you get to Nashville and that you works at.
Speaker 4: A factory due they're very like, you eat dinner and drive home to Florida.
Speaker 5: That yeah, no problem.
Speaker 4: Thanksgiving though, if you can't make it, that's okay. It's junior varsity Christmas agreed. Yeah, So if it's like it's hard to do, don't even do it. Even if you can and it's hard to do, don't even do it. If you're gonna be able to make up for Christmas, it's total JB Christmas lunchbox.
Speaker 6: Going to North Carolina. My wife's aunt lives there, and so we're meeting in North Carolina.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about that? Oh it's fine.
Speaker 6: I mean we rotate, so.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound fine. Oh judge by time, I mean it doesn't sound fine to me. You want me to tell you truth? Yes, we prefer it. Okay, here's the deal.
Speaker 6: Like Christmas, she's like, oh, we need to make memories in our own house, so we don't go anywhere for Christmas and This year is Christmas with my family's year and they're not coming, so we're gonna be by ourselves. And Thanksgiving we haven't gone anywhere because it's just so hard to travel for things that we want to make memories in our house. And then when it's her family's here, we head to North Carolina. That's not really our house. That's not making memories at our house, like I was presented. So I don't know, but I'll go and.
Speaker 1: We know who wears the pants on you.
Speaker 5: No, it's not about wearing the pants.
Speaker 1: You're about to make some memories in North Carolina.
Speaker 4: I hear some hefty pants.
Speaker 1: Is it an airbnb?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, well my aunt's house and then there's an airbnb because they can't fit all the people in one house.
Speaker 4: It'll be good, it'll be fine. No, it'd be good. Yeah, it'll be great. It'd be great. Great, Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
Speaker 8: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, Parker.
Speaker 3: McCollum stop by the studio. He shared what life has been like as a touring dad this year and opening for George Straight. He's also a big car guy. But there was some drama with one of his old cars.
Speaker 4: Number three on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, Parker, what's somebody.
Speaker 11: Blest lots going on? It's all good stuff. So the best time of the year. How are you, Bobby?
Speaker 4: Pretty good? What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I know watching football? Texas A and M versus University of Texas.
Speaker 4: So it's good. Are you an A and M guy?
Speaker 11: I didn't go to college, Bobby, so I'm just asking the question. There is one that I root for over the other. Secretly, I will never reveal which one that is, but I just love Texas man. As long as it's got Texas in it, I'm all about it.
Speaker 4: All right, that's fair enough. Well, it's good to see you, my friend. I did see on your social media and I think now it's way more of a story. But you were selling that car. I don't know anything about cars, so this hellcat? What did you ever drive that yourself? And that was in a music video?
Speaker 11: Right, yes, And I will never ever, ever personally sell a vehicle of mine ever. Again, I did not think that they were going to blast that thing all over the internet and advertise it as Parker McCollum's healthcat. I had a weird you know, moment one day and I was like, I'm just going to sell all of my cars. I'm getting rid of them. I'm tired of worrying about them. I never drive them. I love cars very much, but yeah, and then people start sending me like I don't have TikTok, but like they're sending me these videos and stuff from all over the Internet and the world wide Web. Parker McCollum's Hellcat for sale is what kind of man music video? Healthcat? I'm like, I don't really like that. I wanted to comment on it and be like, this guy's full of bs. It's not my car, but I didn't.
Speaker 4: Did you? Is it sold yet at the time we're talking.
Speaker 11: An't know. I don't, I don't. I have not kept up with it.
Speaker 4: That's weird. They did that with the house we were selling. Once it kind of went and it was a story and then that was that was weird. I felt a bit invasive. I don't know if that's how it felt with you.
Speaker 11: Probably a little different if it was a home, you know, somewhere that you lived and called your your literal dwelling, but you know, a car, like I don't know, I mean, I hope the guy makes a ton of money on it. I didn't. I didn't even try to make a bunch of money off those cars. I was just like, get him out of my garage. What would you give him? I sold that and my Czo six all together one one price, one deal. I was like, just get them the hell out of Oh.
Speaker 4: So you sold them to somebody then they were selling them as your car. They're already gone from you.
Speaker 1: Correct, that's why he doesn't know. Like I was thinking, like, why are you not coming up with this or have you seen a deposity?
Speaker 11: I didn't pick up on that. I understand the confusion now.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 11: I sold the cars and then people started sending to me that the guy sold them to was just advertising them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we thought you reflects and you were so rich that you don't even know doesn't even know affected You're like, bro, I don't know what comes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just thinking. Wow.
Speaker 11: I apologize that I was looking at your social media.
Speaker 4: You said twenty twenty five was the fastest year of your life. What awesome happened to twenty twenty five?
Speaker 11: Uh, it was my first year touring as a dad, and something me in my very close circle of friends and mentors have been talking about lately, is uh, you know it being proud of yourself and being easy on yourself, which is something I struggle with a lot. So it kind of at the end of the tour, I had this big reflection time kind of in my journal and just kind of looking back at my year and was I proud of myself and happy with myself? And I said, man, this was my first year touring and it was a new album year, so it was a much more hectic and stressful and busy year than usual. And I did it all. You know, well, my first year is being a dad and being on the road and managing all of that, and I was I was able to look back and be really proud of it. But it just went so quick. So being a dad was really the simultaneously being a singer and a full time touring performer. You know that that was the biggest thing. But I mean then we played Red Rocks again, We sold out Rodeo Houston again. I mean, got at least so much stuff happened this year. I did so many you know. I played a great golf course in Georgia with my dad my brother, which was magical. For two days. I mean, so much good stuff. Man, It just God's been good to me.
Speaker 4: What's it like playing shows with George Straight?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Has you guys relationship like?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 4: Are you guys closer now?
Speaker 11: I mean I would say we're closer now than we were the first thirty one years of my life. I mean, he's a really quiet guy. He's a very normal guys guy. The more them around him and if I text him, he'll text me about sending pictures of major playing guitar or listen to one of his songs or whatever, and he'll shoot right back. And you know, he's always super kind in that regard. But man, to be totally honest, ab illy, I just try to leave in the hell alone. He's been even when I've played golf with him or you know, been on his bus after a show, I kind of just shut up and I watch. I know how it is on a much smaller scale with just people being around and wanting to talk to you and kind of get to know you a little bit. And so it's pretty interesting for me to be around him and watch him. He's been doing it for you know, fifty something years, and these are grown. He's kind of like being around McConaughey, Like you're watching grown adults like lose it over over this other grown adult that's standing there, And so I kind of just sit back and admire one how well he handles it still, and how gracious he is, and how just normal he isn't humble about the whole thing. But I don't ask him any questions. I don't bother him, I don't bug him. I am never know ask him for a picture. You know, it's uh, he's just he's the King, and I don't think you would really know it hanging out with him, because it's just such a normal human being.
Speaker 4: I was looking at the end of the year, you're doing a New Year's Eve show and you're doing the Dickey's Arena in Fort Worth, Texas. To do a New Year's Eve show, I mean, you only get to pick one place to do it. Obviously you want to do it at home. But to the New Year's Eve shows? Do they like casinos? Do they pay extra big if you're doing a New Year's Eve show?
Speaker 11: You know in Texas it's a little different for us. That's kind of one of our sweet spots, you know, we know that Texas has been our I'm nothing without the state of Texas and especially the city of Fort Worth. That's really where it all started for me. So I kind of get excited when we start talking about you know, it's a year in advance. We're like, hey, we're gonna go play Dickies on New Year's even fort Worth. I know that's going to be a killer one.
Speaker 4: Do you play at midnight? When you do at midnight, or do you play it like normal time of like going at nine thirty now.
Speaker 11: I tried to do that this year. I was like, I don't want to be on stage at midnight because the last time we did it, I missed it. The countdown by like two and a half minutes he played was in my ears and he's counting down. I never heard it, so like it was like twelve oh two before I'm like, all right, let's count down now. Everything rehearsed, I screwed it up and we had gone over it so many times and I just got in the moment and just completely forgot to execute. So it's a little stressful, but I mean, you don't go on stage till ten fifteen play an hour and forty five minutes played till about twelve oh five and then you know the night's over this song?
Speaker 4: What kind of man? How long did you write that?
Speaker 11: Probably twenty twenty two?
Speaker 4: Was it one that when you wrote you felt like maybe it doesn't see the light of day? Like, what was the process of this song coming one, getting recorded in the two you picking it as a single.
Speaker 11: I had had it in kind of the batch of songs from my previous album, Never Enough, and just never really was in love with it at the time. But when I wrote it, you know, I never sit down really to write songs. I just kind of play guitar all the time and then you know, I'll just ramble long enough hopefully something cool will come out. And so what kind of man? I just kind of sang that first verse in the chorus in one take, just boom, kind of freestyled it out and had that first verse in that chorus for a while. You know, I can tell when I when I do co write, if I have something like that, like a verse in a chorus, I'll play it and you can tell right away what they think of it. And most co writers is going to be like, regardless of whether they like or not, they're going to say yeah, let's write it and finish it and get a song. But I could tell that they genuinely thought it had some substance, it was worth our time and attention, So that always kind of juices me up when we wrote that second verse. And I've never had My wife, Howe Rais always asked me when I'm gonna write songs about love going right, because I have so many songs about it just going terribly wrong and being a pos and so that was one that I was like, Hey, this is kind of sort of about it going right. So you know, when it came time to to to cut that, we actually cut that and hope that I'm enough like a trial run for me and my producer Franklin Dell that I'd switched to for this new record and they needed a new single for radio and helping him Enough was a little slow and what kind of man was a shuffle and fast and felt good. So it was kind of inevitably the single. But yeah, I never dreamed that song would have a life that it's had.
Speaker 4: Well, man, congratulations on it. I hope you have a great holiday. Good to see you, and uh, I guess we'll probably see you around twenty twenty six. Yeah, look at you smile selling cars. Well, I'm just too kind of blown away that the guy was like, I don't know, man, if one hundred thousand hits the checking account, I don't even acknowledge it.
Speaker 5: These days, that was so bad. Now it was so bad.
Speaker 4: I felt the same I did. Yeah, I literally thought you were just you were selling the car. I didn't. I wouldn't even brought it up if it was some other dude selling the car. I don't want to like give him any free press, you know. All right, good to see you, buddy, and hopefully I'll see you soon.
Speaker 11: Thanks, guys.
Speaker 4: All right, see it Parker.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with more get Number two.
Speaker 3: Is raymonda living at the studio again? That was a question after somebody caught him doing some things that maybe aren't for the workplace. And I know that sounds super bad, but it's not as crazy as you think.
Speaker 4: Number two, This is not a bit. There was a time in our life on this show where Raymundo lived in our studio. He did not have a home. Now he was making enough money to have a home. I don't want you guys to think he was being underpaid because he had a full time producer job making a good salary. But he hid the fact he was basically squatting in this studio and he would live underneath the console where all the buttons are, and he'd sleep under there or on a couch in like our our green room. But before anybody came up, he'd get all dressed and act like he just got here early. He had mail that was coming to the building. Raymond, does any of this wrong?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 13: And I still sometimes have mail sneaking through and getting through the front office.
Speaker 4: So he lived to hear how long did you use this as your permanent residence? A month? It was just in between places. That means three months, right. If he's saying a month that my landlord lunch booted me out, I had nowhere to go. You guys did live together, Just kick him out?
Speaker 6: No, he said, I'm out. He moved out voluntarily. So I was there, but we moved out.
Speaker 4: He moved in here. Yeah, like he moved from you guys living together to the radio stage.
Speaker 1: Why are these stories so different? Like lunch folks was like, no, he chose to leave, and one raised like he kicked me out? So which is it.
Speaker 9: Remember there was a lot of drama had the US.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't leave his bedroom. Yeah, and he slept on like a couch pillow upstairs, like yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Love's talking. The dishes were never done. It was really dirty.
Speaker 4: You guys were living together. I thought it was awesome. He gave me a great rate and I could pay rent late. That's a good rule. Pay whenever he want, I mean, yeah, And.
Speaker 13: We did some damages and he never charged me, so thanks. With the fridge and stuff on the ceiling, the fridge and the ceiling, it was like a leaky.
Speaker 4: Fridge ridge in the ceiling.
Speaker 6: No, no, Ray, because he didn't ever want to leave his bedroom. Bought a fridge for his room, okay.
Speaker 4: And it was leaking. It was leaking through the ceiling and down. Did you own the place?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, oh, you guys rented it rented, okay. And so you kicked him out?
Speaker 6: No, never kicked him out. He voluntarily left. So then I had to find a new place to live.
Speaker 4: Ray, So what's your version of that story? He's probably right on that, okay, all right, fair Now. I thought it was gonna be easier in Nashville to find a place. It wasn't the radio stage. She lived here, yes, and then so work out and a shower. You would jim twenty four hours. You can go there in the morning and shower, go at night in shower. Did you ever just feel like I just just wouldn't feel settled. Did you ever feel unsettled? I was so I was the opposite of you.
Speaker 13: I was always settled in my life, so it actually felt cool to be unsettled.
Speaker 4: Rebel.
Speaker 13: I was just a nomad. I didn't really have any I moved from Texas to Tennessee. I just never really had since home in Michigan. I'd never it was great. I liked the feeling.
Speaker 4: The weird thing too, is Ray would bring chicks back to his house, which was here, oh right, right right, So he'd bring and this is where he'd bring girls back to his house.
Speaker 13: Well, and I would be funny about it, and I would say this is my apartment and they would laugh and they thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Except he wasn't kidding. And then when you finally moved, you moved where downtown with my now wife girlfriend at the time, so you started dating her, and then you were like, did she know you lived here. Yeah, because it was kind of a joke on the radio.
Speaker 13: So and then it was also the same time when I lost my vehicle to gambling, So rough time.
Speaker 4: You did lose your car to gambling.
Speaker 13: When girls would go on dates with me, they would know that backstory, and then they would meet me in real life and they'd say, oh, my gosh, is that true.
Speaker 4: I forgot when Ray lost his truck to gambling debt hard times. So, okay, you move in with her. How long did you date her before you moved in? A week? I don't know, guys, it was real quick. It was real quick, real quick, and they got married. It burns out love a first sight. But it's like she'd opted a homeless man. Like that's come up with me. I'm going to be charitable, Okay, I say all that. I just want to get the backstory in Ray. Are you sleeping at the studio again? No? No, I have a house in the country okay and a wife, and you're not sleeping up here at all. No. And you haven't slept up here at all? Okay, why are you? Why are you stuttering? Well, I mean I've taken naps up here, like you didn't go home, and you slept here, you stayed here in crect. I don't I haven't done that at this new building at all. Okay, I just got a note that you were No, that's weird.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't have any pillows or blankets here, and no mail, no mail. I have a mortgage I pay anybody, have any other one say? You'll have to say nothing. If you don't want to say anything, No.
Speaker 5: I'll say something.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll say something. Okay, Eddie, go ahead. It came from Eddie. I wasn't gonna make him say anything.
Speaker 9: But I talked to someone who said that they regularly see Ray brush his teeth and wash his face in the kitchen sink early in the morning.
Speaker 4: Is what it used to be when you lived here.
Speaker 13: How else are you gonna brush your teeth three times a day If you don't do it while you're at work, you.
Speaker 4: Do it before work, you do when you get home from work, you do it before you go to bed.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, no.
Speaker 13: No, I gave you the answer. I like to eat breakfast and then brush my teeth. So yeah, if I'm gonna do the dentist recommend it three times a day, you got to do it at work.
Speaker 4: If you don't, you're weird. If you don't, you need to see your dentist. If you don't, you need to fly us. I don't know. You brushed three times a day. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 4: I brush three times a day at least, but I have an issue with my teeth at least. Well, here's my problem.
Speaker 1: At least would be too.
Speaker 4: I wear a mouthguard, and I think it's shifted my teeth a little bit because I wear a mouth guard all the time, and so now there are like little gaps in between all my teeth. So I have to constantly brush and clean my teeth. So sometimes six I brushed. It's like six times a day. But it's only because of that. It's not like a I'm like super hygiene. Okay, but you're good though you don't need help.
Speaker 7: You're not.
Speaker 4: You're not living up here, living in the country.
Speaker 1: Wait, but okay, so brushing teeth fine, that makes sense. After you eat. What's the face washing, because.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, I don't wash your face up here not. I mean, if my hair's a little messy, I may put a little water on it. I don't know if that is what the person saw me doing. I don't know. You're okay, we're asking you as friends. Yeah, yeah, and I do in the kitchen. I don't care if somebody sees me brush my teeth. You're okay, then you're gonna go.
Speaker 5: Are you still bathing at the gym?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 13: No, because I just do a little bit of weight work. If I ran, yes, I would shower at the gym. But no, I don't shower at this gym. It's kind of creepy, kind of creepy.
Speaker 4: What is showering at the gym?
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's you never know. I just feel like sometimes the guys are looking at me.
Speaker 4: Probably you do you do think that? Why do you like this gym? Yeah? And why wait, why especially this gym?
Speaker 13: I guess it's a bigger gym, so there's usually a couple people that are around there, and it just kind of maybe it's it's a metro gym, you know, sometimes it just feels like metro jym.
Speaker 1: I think I know what he's implying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got it. It's a city gym. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. There are just a lot of people that are looking at you, dinghy.
Speaker 13: They're always talking to me, always trying to work out right next to me.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, well you're okay though this is just a welfare check on you. You're okay, all right, Raymondo's okay.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Lanie Wilson has had a not only huge year but also past week with CMA. She won so many awards, including an Entertainer of the Year, and she also was a solo host, so we got all the details on all things CMAS and then also talked about her personal life and acting. She's got a lot going on right now. So here is Lanie Wilson.
Speaker 4: Number one on The Bobby Bones Show. Now, Lanie Wilson, Lane, you good to see your great job at CMAS.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 4: What went on leading up to it? Like what kind of work did you do pre that we didn't get to see?
Speaker 14: For me, like the week leading up to it, I was just trying to like get in the zone anyway that I possibly could, like spending like a long time doing meditations, doing all that kind of stuff to make sure that I was actually in every single moment and not like skipping ahead. And because I think that's when I could have like really screwed up?
Speaker 4: What was what was your fear?
Speaker 12: Then it was first of.
Speaker 14: All that it was gonna fly by, and that I was just not gonna like be where my feet were. I wanted to make sure that I represented country music the best way that I could. And I knew that this was like a huge opportunity. And the truth is it could have like really helped me or it could have really hurt me. And I didn't even realize that until it started getting closer to time.
Speaker 4: When they said, hey, we want you to do it by yourself, but you're gonna do it by yourself. No Luke, no Peyton. What were your thoughts at first?
Speaker 12: Without even skipping a beat, I'm like, great, let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 14: And then as time, like if it got closer, I'm like, I really did say yes that I'm gonna do this thing by myself, so no pressure.
Speaker 4: Did awesome job, by the way, yeah, back than awesome job.
Speaker 12: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Did you get to while in the middle of it appreciate it?
Speaker 14: I did, and I did, And I think like I was just so bounding a term and I'm like, Okay, when I'm up there doing these like eighteen hits that I was doing. When I'm up here doing my performances or whatever, like, I do not need to be thinking about what I'm like about to be doing here in like five minutes. I just have to be exactly where my feet are. And I think that helped a lot.
Speaker 4: What about goldfish brain? If something like you stumbled on something? Did were you able to? And I didn't see you stumbling anything. I did stumble a few times, so listen, I've hosted modes stuff and I have to like move on and like, I'll beat myself up later because it will affect what happens in the future.
Speaker 12: That's see it. When you get like tongue tied, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you have were you able to have goldfish brain and not think about any sort of tongue ties to just moved to the next thing.
Speaker 14: I thought about it a little bit after I kind of like stumbled on a big X the plug thing. I said something about his debut record, and I was like, debut country record.
Speaker 12: What in the world am I doing? Because little things like that matter, And probably.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because nobody notices except for you. Yeah, that's the craziest thing. Is nobody in the whole world will notice. But you know, because it was you know you were.
Speaker 14: Doing it, and then also closing out the show. I forgot that I was hosting the show.
Speaker 4: That's hilarious. Well you also want I think where you get the benefit here is you're you're freaking entertainer of the Year, so you kind of freak.
Speaker 14: You have And then literally Keith, everyone was like, bro, you got to close you got to close out the show.
Speaker 12: It's like, oh, shoot, I got to bring us home.
Speaker 4: Did you watch it back?
Speaker 12: I haven't yet.
Speaker 4: Will you watch it back?
Speaker 14: I think I will, And most of the time I will say, like I don't watch any performances back. I don't because like, what's done is done, and I know me I'm gonna be like, should have done that different, should have done that different. But I think when Duck gets home from duck hunting, I think we'll probably sit on the couch and watch it.
Speaker 4: How many wardrobe changes did you have? Do you know?
Speaker 12: I think altogether it was like seven or something like that.
Speaker 4: What happens to those clothes, Well, some of them have.
Speaker 14: To go back to where they came from from the designers, and some of them actually got to keep we'll say, yeah, most of them are just loaners. I don't know how that works with you. Do you do you buy the suits.
Speaker 4: Or they'll usually give them to me. Yeah, guys are different though, Like we dribble and pee and stuff very much. Honestly, No, we're dirtier.
Speaker 12: They don't want it back.
Speaker 4: Yeah they don't.
Speaker 5: Why are you giving to wear our secrets?
Speaker 1: Well, dribble is that way? Y'all do it so you can keep the clothes.
Speaker 4: I also had like in my contract when I was on certain shows to keep the clothes. But we can wear them multiple times and nobody notices, like your stuff is so dynamic, not that you'll be able to wear it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like your stuff could end up in like a somewhere for country music Hall of Fame or something.
Speaker 4: Are you saving stuff for that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, we got a big archive. I honestly need to get in there and figure out like what needs to stell you, what needs to go? It's too much?
Speaker 4: Are you saying, Lanny Wilson needs to go through a closet and clean stuff out like everybody else?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Normal, like us.
Speaker 14: I just sent five trash bags home with my mama. My mom was wearing all my homidals.
Speaker 4: Right now, her mom's w looking around in these outfits with like the glitters, that's all.
Speaker 1: She's at Walmart and the yeah deep plunges.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, my mama loves dressing up. So I don't doubt it.
Speaker 4: That's funny, don't doubt it. How's everything else going?
Speaker 12: Everything else is good?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Are you tired right now? Or are you coming off the high?
Speaker 12: I actually feel good.
Speaker 14: I mean I've sat on my couch for like four days straight and that's enough for me.
Speaker 12: I'm like, okay, what next? So we're doing Macy's Day Parade?
Speaker 4: Do you that show? Is almost impossible to sing that because those floats they move and it's hard to sing. Are you singing or are you lip syncing?
Speaker 14: We're singing, but we're doing it like down on the ground, So I'm not on a float, got it? Yep?
Speaker 4: Oh you're one of the big ones then, because the big ones they put on the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well you know that. Have you before?
Speaker 12: Like if you I'm not, like been to the Macy's Day Parade?
Speaker 1: Okay, well this is good. Then you're getting like yeah, because I always feel awkward for the I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: Cool they get.
Speaker 12: I feel awkward for the I'm not trying to lip sing.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to do that because it'd be hard.
Speaker 14: Yes, I mean it would be my luck that my lips would not match up.
Speaker 12: You know, I'd be holding that note and there's no music there.
Speaker 4: Do you run out of accepting speeches?
Speaker 14: I'm like, what have I not said? I mean, the truth is I feel like I've said everything. Like if I'm willing to be open and honest about like all of my feelings and stuff, which some I keep a lot to myself too, but can't tell all your business, then you have none. Then I feel like I still have a lot more to share.
Speaker 4: Are you learning that the more famous you get, the more you do want to hold back?
Speaker 12: I definitely think it's very important for me.
Speaker 4: To try to keep some stuff because you were all out there, like when you started, it was like I'm landing this everything about me? Yeap? But now are there things you want to keep? Like precious? I do.
Speaker 14: And even though like me and Duck, you know, like everybody everybody knows about us in our relationship, that's another thing that like it's really sacred to me, you know, I just want to I just want to do what most married couples do and treat each other that way. And so it can get pretty sticky or dangerous when everybody knows everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah. When I was single, which was for a long time, I was like, everybody can know everything. But man, when you get a partner and stuff it changes. It does because stuff affects them. Like if I would say something stupid would affect my wife, That's right, and so it Yeah, I started there started to be very precious parts of our relationship too that I never really even thought what happened to me because I'm like, I'm putting it all out there. It doesn't matter. Yeah, but then if I I can come back weird on, then I don't want it out there.
Speaker 12: That's right, That's right. I'm the same way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when they invited you to be a member of the opry? Oh my gosh, what was that story? I was on the voice and Riba, you weren't competing, you were.
Speaker 14: A no, No, I weren't competing. I never made it on the voice, you remember. I tried out like seven or eight times, like I said, an all girl, but I was just doing a performance.
Speaker 12: And then I had had.
Speaker 14: A birthday a couple of days before, and I thought Riba was coming up with like a little thing of cupcakes. And then she had this belt buckle and invited me to be a member of the opry. So I will never forget that.
Speaker 4: It's one hundred years. It's crazy that the Opry has one hundred years been able to as they say, you know, keep the circle unbroken. Do you know how many times you played it?
Speaker 12: I don't know, maybe forty, yeah, I feel like forty.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: There's a weird thing that says you hate being barefoot. I find that to be weird because I consider you be a country barefoot person.
Speaker 12: Who said I hate beingbarrassed.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought. So it's not true.
Speaker 1: It ain't true. Yeah, but I don't I mean, I could get behind not wanting to, like if you're at a hotel, I don't rock barefoot on anything.
Speaker 4: Well, I think there's being in a gross place like a bathroom on an airplane barefoot. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, but there's time for a yoah being barefoot.
Speaker 4: But can I read you? Because what these fun facts that I just found about you are? Yes? Okay, she hates being barefoot.
Speaker 12: That's weird.
Speaker 14: Now I probably have mentioned in the post I said I have planners fashion at us.
Speaker 12: That was not flared up right now, but I've had it in the back.
Speaker 4: If you're barefooted, well, no, she doest to see it. No, it hurts. No, it also hurts.
Speaker 5: I thought. You can't really see it.
Speaker 8: Oh you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't see it, okay, just kidding. You think it's like a worse I was thinking bunions.
Speaker 14: You're thinking, but you're like, why word, you tell somebody you got bunions.
Speaker 12: I don't have bunions.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: She's shockingly good at whistling.
Speaker 12: Absolutely not. I cannot whistle watch now.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you. When I read these, I was like this, this stuff can't be true.
Speaker 5: Made all that stuff up.
Speaker 4: Well, let's see. Yes, she writes many of her lyrics while driving.
Speaker 14: I do write some of my lyrics won't driving, but not a lot of them. I mean I might come up with like a random melody or something and put it in my little voice memo.
Speaker 4: But you don't like while you're driving. No, that's unsafe. No, No, I just want to cover you there. Yeah you ah, No, this is probably true. You traveled with a blow up mattress when you were playing early on No, I did not like in your camp mattressor anything.
Speaker 12: No, I mean I had, I had a bed on my camper.
Speaker 4: Hey flex, that's right. Listen that you used to tape your bell bottoms because you couldn't afford tailoring.
Speaker 12: Who came up with the things?
Speaker 4: I literally before you walked in, I said, tell me something new about Laney Wilson, just to see what the internet would say, And all this came up.
Speaker 5: A bunch of lives false.
Speaker 1: False, Well, I have a true or false that it might be awkward?
Speaker 4: Why are you asking me if it's okay? I don't know okay?
Speaker 1: True or false? You ran into a lunchbox in a parking garage, and like, did you know it was lunchbox or you just recognize the space?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: I knew it was lunchbox.
Speaker 4: If you asked the question in a way, it was a weird one. It was like, which one of us did you run into in a parking garage because she's so nice, even if she didn't know it was him.
Speaker 1: False, that would be question.
Speaker 14: I was coming out of the I was going into the doctor's office, coming out of the doctor's office.
Speaker 6: Thank you, And I said that you can't say.
Speaker 4: I want you to say yes, that's your right to tell. He was like she was coming out of the doctor, like, don't say she's the doctor.
Speaker 14: But everybody goes, yeah, she's wrong with that. It's like an t or something like that. We both had your nose throat problems, she said.
Speaker 4: He said you were with your fiance, and it was like, hey, who knows why they're in the doctor, that's her own business. We'll just keep doctor out of it.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 12: I think I had like some bad double ear infection.
Speaker 1: Well that would have been he could have said E and T and that might well giving your specific.
Speaker 4: Like, you leave it out so we have hip. If you think if you'd asked the question differently, we could have got a different answer.
Speaker 1: No, I think she really would say she's not. I didn't lead the witness.
Speaker 6: I mean she even said what doctor. I never said that she that's right, what doctor was, so she knew who it was, like, was it.
Speaker 12: Were you at the same doctor?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, see, because he brought the story in and then we just didn't know. We were like. I think she was just being nice and maybe said hi, to you.
Speaker 4: But like anybody that comes up to you're like, what's up person.
Speaker 12: Hey, how's your mama?
Speaker 4: Laney, congratulate everything, Thank you. You're doing the CBS New Year's Eve Live. Is that that when you're on television? Do you micro monitor your movements more?
Speaker 14: Just like when you're singing at a show versus when you're singing the song in the studio you have to kind of just like be able to bob and weave. Yeah, I think it's a little different.
Speaker 4: Well, congratulations on everything. We're super proud for you. Thank you, and you wrapped up the Whirl Went tour. Right.
Speaker 14: We're about to go do the Australian leg in February, but we wrapped up the American leg.
Speaker 4: How does like an Australian Have you done Australia yet?
Speaker 5: I have?
Speaker 4: And like our tickets over there? Is it crazy they sell because you like, you don't have any cousins over there?
Speaker 14: No cousins. Yeah, but they're I mean they're like British Texans. That's what it's like.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 12: They like to have a good time.
Speaker 4: It's great. Amy. Any final questions for.
Speaker 1: Lanny, Well, did you take dance as a kid?
Speaker 14: I took jazz, tap in ballet from the time I was like tiny to like seven years old.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. I was wondering that the other day about you, so I thought i'd just ask you now because I'm like, I just didn't know once, like your shows pick up and you start adding more elements and you are doing the award shows and whatnot, and you have to add more to it. Yeah, because I didn't know what your shows were like back in the early days. Which speaking of I saw you do post that cliff of the fan that was at your casino show and you said, like nobody was there, and she comes to like a lot of your shows and you saw her and it was like, now a impact crowd. Oh and you've got her name. Like, I don't know what those shows were like back in the day, but now you've got so many different elements to it. And I'm like, I wonder if she had to learn how to dance or she's already a good dancer.
Speaker 14: Well, I don't even know if i'd say I'm a good dancer. I just like to dance and I feel like I just can't help but move my body. So even when there were two or three people there, Emily and Asla her sister.
Speaker 12: I was still trying to break alot.
Speaker 4: Move my body too. Yeah, yeah, I'm a big body mover. Landy Wilson everybody, Landy, Congratulations, Happy Holiday's, Merry Christmas. Thank you all the things you said to people you like. I hope it's awesome and we'll see you next year. All right, A right there she has Lanny Wilson every Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: I know it's a holiday weekend and your time is precious, so thanks for listening to this and being here, whether you're making your family listen with you, or you're getting some me time and listening by yourself. I appreciate it. And if you want to, you can check out my podcast this week I had on Kara Clark. We were talking all about the long COVID cleans I did and just really getting my body healthy again. We detailed it all so anybody can kind of listen up and hopefully take some charge of their own health, and then also make sure you subscribe to us on YouTube at Bobby Bone Show. You can also follow us at that same handle everywhere else. That's it for me. Gobble Gobble. Have a great rest of your Turkey weekend.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 1: Platforms and followed
Speaker 2: Web girl Morgan admitt her listener questions for next week's episode.