Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Shite Day. I am Jaselle Barryant.
Speaker 2: What's that? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here once again with us. Yeah, we are in our we are in our respective homes. Yes we are. I'm not at Robin's casa. What are we calling it? Casa di Dixon? I had a Okay, Robin's nest, Robin's nest, Robin's lair like oh nest because it like Robin like a bird. Oh Robin's nest. I like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Robin's nest. Okay, So I'm not in the nest today. I'm in my abude. I am in Giselle Hotel, Hotel Josel. Yeah, but we're working, everybody. I'm Mary Christmas. I'm at ELF today.
Speaker 1: Okay. We wish you are married, Chris miss, Happy new Year, all the things, all the things.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're looking very cute. I like you. Santa's sexy hot Mama Elf.
Speaker 3: Yes, and please get your reasonably shady if you get if you're watching this video, please get your reasonably shady shirt, which Robin does not have on the website.
Speaker 2: Yes there's some, there's limited sizes left, but yes, I will restart very soon. But in the meantime, you can get a reasonably shady mug. I actually meant to make my coffee, but and drink it. They don't want, no, bug.
Speaker 1: It's the winter time. They want to, you know, put the hoodie one.
Speaker 2: And they so they put their hoodie on and they and they drink their tea and their coffee from their mug.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I like it. So today is Christmas? Okay, do we have a song too?
Speaker 2: Oh? I do have a song.
Speaker 1: You have a hunityy, Today's Christmas. We want to say, man for those who are who don't celebrate, we just.
Speaker 2: Saying happy holidays. Oh my god. Okay, yeah you didn't like that? Oh my god, it was beautiful. Thank you? Yes, yes, yes, yes, So we are not going to keep you guys long because it's the holidays. We have things to do. You guys aren't sitting around listening to podcasts this week, Okay, let's just be real about it.
Speaker 1: They could be because everybody's like home doing nothing right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're like traveling or their or their family, their kids and their family and whatever they're they're not listening to a podcast this week. Okay, We're be back next week with a full on top of the year episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, but I mean we have been in these streets, Robin. We've been in the streets. We've been seeing our friends with so much fun. The other night we were with some of the cast.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, uh I know.
Speaker 3: Gifts, Okay, okay, we do have to talk about the gift exchange, the White Elephant gift exchange.
Speaker 2: That was it your idea? Uh yeah, well, I don't know. I don't. I think though, I think I suggested white Elephant. I think at first we were going to do like secret Sannah maybe.
Speaker 1: Yes, secrets Sannah. Yeah, which is what a secret Sannah?
Speaker 2: Oh? You picked somebody's name, uh huh, and then you from something specific which is fun to you.
Speaker 1: It kind of worked out that way well for me and Ashley, it did.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's back up. So it was White Elephant. So for those of you all who don't know about White Elephant. You pick a number that tells you what order you pick your gift, and if you like somebody's gift that you've already seen that they opened, then you get to take their gift. If you like it better than what you think you're gonna get, right, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, So somebody I saw a message on my Instagram saying, typically White Elephant is like stupid gifts that you normally wouldn't get for yourself. Like, yeah, but clearly that's not what we did, Okay, But there's always like a gag gift like I was gonna bring Okay, remember when we were in Mexico and Astley gave us all vibrators.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna bring that and wrapping it and that was gonna be like the gag gift.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? Yes, yeah yeah yeah. So so I don't know. I guess typically White Elephant is with gag gifts, but for us, we took it seriously and we put a minimum spend on it.
Speaker 3: Right, So I said minimum spin was somewhere between two fifty and five hundred.
Speaker 1: Robin said, no, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. You said minimum spin was gonna be between one hundred to five hundred. And I was like that. I was like, that is it's a big range? Yes, Like that's a big range. How about just meet in the middle and do two fifty? Right? So yeah, So so we're supposed to spend two fifty. I ended up spending over two fifty. But so what I got it was one. It was like it was like a little you know, you spend X amount, get fifty dollars off, so I so it really probably the value of it was like uh three something three, like high threes, and then I got the fifty dollars off, and then I still spend it in total like three hundred or something, right, So yeah, mine was over Monm's run three inch Okay, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So Robin wanted to write numbers down and then we all picked from a bowl and we figure out what number that we had we got so that we could pick from that number. So like, for instance, if I picked number three, then I would pick third, and I would only be able to look at two gifts to choose from to possibly steal. That's how it works, okay, But I didn't want to do the order that way. I want to do the order of tenure to the Real Housewives Home. So that would mean Nikka, you getting number one, says Miya.
Speaker 1: You getting number.
Speaker 3: Ashley because you came second episode season one, you get number three, and me you and USA figure it out okay, so that so I said that at the table and Robin.
Speaker 1: Was like, no, no, no, no, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: Is there. We're not doing that.
Speaker 1: That's mean. No, no, but she didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was mean, but I said, no chicken numbers.
Speaker 1: Table, like, you're being me right now, so stop it. You gave me that looked like it.
Speaker 2: Like, look, we're not this. We're not pledging these girls. Okay, we're not.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, Necka's gotta pay for all meals until somebody else new comes to the show. Okay, okay, no kind has done that. She's paid for a lot of meals.
Speaker 2: She has paid, like twice when we've gone out, didn't she picked up the tab twice. It was the club at the when we went to the club right and and.
Speaker 1: Then we went and then we went out and then we went out after that and she paid.
Speaker 2: She paid.
Speaker 1: She's Neka has done her new duds. Okay, I don't know if you make me a pay tonight last. Okay, we'll get to that. So anyway, we picked our numbers logo. Meka picked number one, so that worked out, and then it worked an even further because I picked number six.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck it.
Speaker 2: Yes you were, there you go. But but you know, it's so crazy. Nobody stole anyone's gift, which.
Speaker 3: Like really good gifts, but Ashley got Ashley got my gift. She picked my gift what I brought and it was like something that she really wanted. And then I ended up getting Ashley's gift basket, which was like a whole all this stuff from sport.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 1: It was it's like stuff that I would want and nine, so it all worked out. Cheres not her gift was gonna be taken by me because she got a Lewis of volteone like scarf that you feel like wearing your hair or around your neck or wherever. And it was meat. So I kind of wanted that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. It was cute. I know, like when I play these games, I do feel bad taking somebody's gift, I know, especially when they like when they like really like it. I'm like, but I liked my gift, so I gave. My gift was a clutch. It was a cult Gaya clutch. It was like very cute, super something that I actually wanted for myself. I should have gotten one for myself, but so Necka packed my gift first, right, Yeah, Necka picked my gift first, and she loved it. And she's actually traveling to Nigeria today and she said she packed her clutch. So yes, I loved yes. And then I received a perfume set, a tom Ford perfume set, and that was MIA's gift. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So speaking of Mia, so okay, first of all, we went to Ballots. Is that ballow.
Speaker 2: Something Bellows b A L O S Bellows? I don't, I don't know anyway, it's in d C restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a new restaurant. They it's Greek Medicane Union. They haven't been opened that long. They hosted us, we didn't know. They ended up like comping our whole bill, which we didn't know what was coming.
Speaker 3: So Mia, me and Mia like left a big tip for the waiter on her own.
Speaker 1: Thank Mia. We were all going to tribute to tip, but she was like I got this.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm okay, I'll let you go ahead, girl, I said.
Speaker 3: She actually because we never really like hit her up, being the newbie before Necka came to pay the bill.
Speaker 2: No, no, and she never got you know we we season five if we initiated Wendy when we were on our trip in Portugal, right, yeah, like we did our we pranked her, and I don't think we ever pranked Mia.
Speaker 1: We never pranked Mia and Mia we didn never made her pay bills. But this retro, we can always retro make me a payoff, I know, I mean, which is really actually savage on our part because like I mean, it's kind of clear if you have been around longer, you get paid more.
Speaker 2: Right to make the new pay the bill is like kind of me but that's but but that's how they would do, like in the NBA, So like you know, the the veterans, the older guys, they they're making like ten twenty million dollars a year and then you have the rookies making one million, and they're making them.
Speaker 1: Pay like that.
Speaker 2: That's that's how it works works.
Speaker 1: How it works does work.
Speaker 2: You got to you gotta earn your stripes and your respects. Yeah, you got to earn your stripes and you have to feed us, yes, exactly, yes, But it was okay, it was a great time.
Speaker 3: We had a great time. And like, if you're in the DC area, definitely check out battles because it's worth it. The food is great, everything's good, the vibe is great, all the things.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so there there was. There's great restaurants and there's fed up restaurants.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you about my f up restaurant, please do Yes, I went there. You mentioned it to me the other day. So I'm waiting to hear what what what happened?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: So at first I wasn't gonna tell the restaurant's name, but I'm going to tell it. It's called Lamani. L I N N A N I say it again, l I M A n I. Okay, don't know, don't Okay, how did you end up there?
Speaker 2: Like is this a new or okay?
Speaker 3: So it was like a TikTok or something on Instagram that showed like somebody had gone there and they were like, oh I'm at Lamani and oh my gosh, it's so fabulous and it's beautiful and here's the food. And they were eating lobster pasta and uh br zino in the salt and they took it off the salt and some you know, fabulous dessert. So col said to me, Cal was like, we got to go. So I was like, let's get it. So we're there southwest downtown, you know, by the water, uh huh at the wharf. Yes, it's on the water. You know, someone like across from the ward. This one's like actually on the water. And let's speak. There's beautiful. So they spent some money on this place. Absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: We walk in.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, I'm so pretty in here.
Speaker 3: So we sit down and the place is huge, but whatever, and we're sitting for like a long time. Our reservation was at eight. We sit down, No one has poured water, no one has brought me a piece of bread, and like twenty thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 3: Finally I was like wave to this guy and I was like, excuse me, Yeah, like us, you know, take care of us. It's like, you know what he said, he said, I saw y'all sitting here.
Speaker 2: What he said? I saw y'all sitting here? What he said? He said? You know, I was, I was, I was gonna get to y'all. What huh?
Speaker 3: So that was that was number one. And he may or may not have been high as a kite, may or may not. Okay, let's just start there and then he says, there's two people that do serve each table, so it was like him, and then he had a girl that was like Captain Coke captain or so anyway, okay, so we said quite nice, said well, we know, we know what we wanted. We're actually a little hungry, so it's what we want. So we placed our order and then he went away.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, then I get some bread okay, break fellattle.
Speaker 3: Water, finally got our drinks, and well, a whole lot of time goes by, maybe another thirty forty minute, and he brings us some octopus that we didn't order. Well, oh, sir, sir, I didn't I didn't order this, and he said, oh, it's on me, it's on me.
Speaker 1: Said, we perceived it to part take.
Speaker 2: It was very tasty.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Then more time goes by, and then we get our shrimp, which we did order okay. Also ordered some fela or something like feta wrapped up in in a dough with honey all top.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've never seen that. I've never tasted it. Never got it, okay, never got it, never got it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Sold. Another hour to two hours go by, it.
Speaker 2: Is okay, stop, not an hour to two hours. Wait ready, okay, wait, and all you've gotten was some octopus is shrimp, yes, and a break and my joke. Okay.
Speaker 1: So in the meantime of these two hours, you know me. So I'm like looking at them, at the managers, excuse me, like we haven't where's our food?
Speaker 3: Like, what's happening here? So all these managers are coming by like, oh, we got you. We're about to make it happen. Oh we got you?
Speaker 2: What no food?
Speaker 3: A girl comes over and she brings me a drink. She's like, oh, we're so sorry for the weight. Here's a drink, a rainbow drink.
Speaker 1: Not my drink.
Speaker 3: It was like a vodka teeny I'm drinking uh to kula. So I'm like, okay, now, y'all trying to give me a headache.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 2: Okay, the kitchen staff quick what so wait.
Speaker 1: I'm looking around.
Speaker 2: Nobody else is getting their food either. Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's ten thirty. They bring out They're like, okay, gizelle, now mind you. They know it's me. Okay, I'm actually getting good service in comparison to everyone else.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: They come over like ten thirty, they bring out fish, and potatoes and a veggie trade slam it down on the tape. The fish that they brought was not the fish I ordered. Not the fish order, but we down hungry.
Speaker 2: We're like, fine, so we'll take it.
Speaker 1: Potatoes and vegetables I didn't order. So I say, hey, I didn't didn't order these. They're like, oh no, you know, because you've been waiting so long, we got got you.
Speaker 2: You can wait.
Speaker 1: We're like, okay, cool, but where's the food we ordered? Still I still don't have it.
Speaker 3: So we ate this food that they brought to the table. We ordered dessert, and then I was like, cow, it's like eleven o'clock. I'm like exhausted, okay, and cow, we've got to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we I was like, where's the bill? Bill comes? Everything's on the bill, the octopus, the potatoes, the fela stuff that never came to the table, everything's.
Speaker 2: On the bill. What whoa sir? I know your high is a kite right now, but this is wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, now he said, oh my bad, my bad, goes back to the register, comes back with a new bill. He took every he took all, he took four things off. Okay, we paid the bill, we get out, and I said, never again.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, they.
Speaker 1: Won't They won't see the front of me. They won't see the back of me. They won't see none of meat.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, Okay, So the problem is like, okay the food, how did the food taste?
Speaker 1: It was okay?
Speaker 2: Nothing, it was okay, okay. Not not worth all that time you spent. No, So so there is it. What do you think the kitchen staff quit in the middle of the night or something.
Speaker 1: No, I think that.
Speaker 3: I think they're excited because it's a new restaurant and there there was it was packed. There was a lot of people in there, and they just don't know how.
Speaker 2: To handle that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know what. I can't even figure it out. And I don't even care. They will never see me again. And I'm telling everybody right now, right here, don't go there. Okay, in a inn, I.
Speaker 2: Think maybe go for lunch on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: No, Like, it's not right, because it's probably we say when things are great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what probably happened though, what the TikToker whoever said, oh this place is so great, It probably caused a lot of people to start coming in and they weren't ready for that.
Speaker 1: Right, Well okay, but you got to get ready, you gotta get ready.
Speaker 2: Okay. Were they like saying to you, like, I don't did they give you any explanation for anything?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry. It is social large, so we know we're on it right now. We're on it right now. Okay, my entire bill should have been up. That's number one, right, because I didn't get anything I ordered except for number two. Like, make it makes sense, like make it right, just make it right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they probably couldn't handle the influx of business. They probably were okay, like they were probably steady, and then all of a sudden they're slammed and they can't they can't handle it. They don't have the staff to handle it. They don't have the right staff to handle that amount of you know, business. So yeah, I don't know. I say, give them some months, let them cool off, and then go back. Okay, well not you, but someone else.
Speaker 3: Everyone in there that night is not coming back, okay, including me.
Speaker 2: So there's that. Oh yeah, you had a bad restaurant experience and a good restaurant experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yeah, Well we're so right. So if you're going to go out go to Ballots and not Lamani.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if you want, because they served about the same type of cuisine.
Speaker 2: That's what it sounded like. Yes, that that restaurant business is hard. It really is, and it's it's customer service.
Speaker 1: Like the guys that were working waiting on us last night, they were fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you have to have great people working in the in the restaurant business. It's all about your staff.
Speaker 1: Yes, but don't come to my table and say, yeah, I saw you sitting here.
Speaker 3: What I saw you sitting it? Like you see, you've seen me for twenty minutes and you haven't come to the table. And I'm not even hot maintenance, just like what yeah?
Speaker 2: And this is like this is a fine dining establishment, right, it's a nice.
Speaker 1: This this is a s It's not out back for apple beans.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And if after you served me the food and you see that I'm eating, you gotta come back and be like, hey, you know, is everything okay?
Speaker 2: Do you need me salt?
Speaker 3: Do you need something? Is everything tastes besteep? No, No, I ain't get none of that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I digress. I was very pissed off.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the last thing we're gonna talk about, and then we're gonna let y'all go enjoy your Christmas.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I've done some research because it happened to you, now it happened to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, you hit a deer.
Speaker 3: Oh I hit a deer. Okay, that car is stillness shop. Giselle was minding her business seven point thirty the other morning. I was actually going to this train sation. I was going to New York to my my business. And right around the corner from my house, I'm driving like forty miles an hour. That's not even that fast, and for whatever reason, this deer comes out the woods top speed like.
Speaker 2: Boat. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was okay, so it broke like my grill. It is the worst one Montgomery County. Y'all have a problem, and it's called deer.
Speaker 2: Okay, figure it out. Two.
Speaker 1: I've done some research and I'm like, when is mating season Cause I'm thinking, like maybe this deer that came bolting out.
Speaker 2: Of the woods was like trying to try to get laid. Yeah, they trying to have sex.
Speaker 3: I'll worry, okay, but no, mating season is from September to November.
Speaker 1: This is December.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe they missed the boat on mating season and they.
Speaker 1: Were like, it's trying to get it. Wait for me, I mean topped. I'm like, oh my god. And my truck is like an armored vehicle like the deer like flu Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hit it and it like trash the entire front of my car. It like flew.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad. I was like shaking for hours.
Speaker 2: It was a mask.
Speaker 1: It was a total mask.
Speaker 2: Horrible. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that happened to you. That sucks and it's nothing you can do to avoid it. But well, remember what I said. What what did I say? Just hit that bitch.
Speaker 1: Just keep going go oh I I hit the bitch. The bitch was trying to swerve. Just hit the bitch. The bitch was something okay, And I want to do like a public service announcement. Like I know, I've talked about animals and my relationship with them, and it's not working out well for me. So twenty twenty four. I love all animals. I love it. I loved I love squirrels, I love deer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the animal whisper is coming for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, the animals shrine and whisper. So I want all of y'all. I do not want to come for me. Do not come for me in any capacity. Okay, I love all of y'all.
Speaker 2: Wait, are you saying that the animals put your name on the Animals Shrine?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, so for twenty twenty four. Get my ass off trying.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can't be Okay, looks listen. I just want peace and harmony. I want all animals to live their life in the best possible way. So I love all animals period. Get me all the time.
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's all we've got for Christmas. We wish you when we're okay. Now, I'm gonna start the song, and I want you to finish.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: We wish you a merry Christmas. We wish you and marry Christmas. We wish you are married Christmas and a happy new Live your life, reasonable or sugar or bowls.
Speaker 2: Fight night. M h
Speaker 1: M hm m