Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepkit with Lizzie Burden and we're joined by Blue Begs Equities report at Joe Eason Goodborney. Sanofi trials are not the sort of breath of fresh air that markets were really hoping for talking about drug trials today.
Speaker 1: Yes, so this is actually the big shock of the morning in terms of the market moves. So we're seeing SINOFEE shares down currently around seven percent. Now that is a pretty big move for that stock. It is continuing to decline as I speak. Now this is all on a drug trial data just bring out. That's the biggest move in around eighteen months for that stock currently. So it's not the announcing some trial data for a drug that is treating former smokers that had a lung condition. Now it's not been as successful as they had hoped unfortunately, and therefore the market is kind of writing down the value of this drug.
Speaker 2: It was said to.
Speaker 1: Be worth around five billion in terms of peak sales if they can get it approved. But at the moment there were two elements to the trial and one of them has clearly disappointed investors. Analyst telling me today that it was not the home run that they expected it to be. So that is the reason for Snoffee down today. Now, Sam for the ticker there on that one, that's a shame. But we are looking at MG shares up quite a fair bit, up six point four percent.
Speaker 2: MG looking at some m and a.
Speaker 1: Yes, MNG, the ticker being MNG on that onset. That's an easy one to remember. That one is up around nine percent today. Deitchi Life over in Japan buying a fifteen cent steak in the UK life insurer. Now, this will do two things. Firstly, it will improve their cooperation together in terms of the life insurance market cooperation and also on the more asset management side, it will provide at least six billion dollars in new flows for MNG. MNG being one of the UK's biggest asset managers and life insurance companies. It did reduce some of their life some of their asset management business previously, but still have a decent stake. There is that one the best performer in the UK op six percent currently.
Speaker 3: Okay, and what about Gap looking at a hole in their Asia sales. I know we look. We like the puns. We try to keep a bit lighted.
Speaker 1: The yeah yeah Gap there. Yeah, so Gap with a gap in their sales missing expectations. So they were predicting growth of around two percent in terms of sales growth. That was below some of the analyst expectations. That came after the market yesterday, Gap shares absolutely tanked. They were down fifteen percent in the post market. We saw some weakness coming through into Zara. Well the owner of Zara indetects it X that one was down around one percent of the open HMBH and M that was also down. They have actually recovered recently, some analysts saying that it is specifically weakness over in Gaps Banana Republic brand, which I don't think we really have much of. Hero. I don't think I've got any of that myself. I did us the love Gap when we had the stores, but they closed all the Gap stores in the UK, so line yeah it's all online now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to pop in there on my lunch break. Actually, but now it's they don't seem to be around anymore. Sadly, but gap feeding through a bit of weakness and the UK clothing retail stocks down again today.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on applecarplaying Android Atto with the Bloomberg Business app. Mm hmm,