Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to waken Jake tierless season. Today, we're looking at the stacked right field position. Arguably the best player in baseball. No because that show Heyo Tani, but the other guy. And there's some guys on tiers two and three that feel sinful for them to not be top tier players. So we'll sort through all that. There's also the young talent is disgusting. The top of this leaderboard is going to change significantly over the next few years. You could say that with any position though. So with that joined by BBD and Jolly Olive cranking out our tierless season. Jolly your right field.
Speaker 2: It's an exciting one. Jake, quit touching your pimple. Now it's gonna be good. Right Field is uh. It's one of the easier ones to sort out, honestly, because it's top heavy. There's a as much meat in the I feel like the catcher tier list was like a burger where the patty was just way bigger than the buns and it was kind of a mess. And this one, this is like a nice neat just krabby patty. Picture it that way. It's just everything kind of it kind of fits. Everything's in order. So I'm excited to go through it with you.
Speaker 1: This isn't we got ice. We don't know Krabby Patties. We know home improvement, Tim Allen, Let's go through our rows as they start for this episode. The top tier is the biggest person in baseball. See who lands there. Second tier is war Veterans Tribute, Third is hot air Balloon. It's rising below that stud finder right. First four categories are all very positive. Takes a slight change. What are you now? Interesting? Ride the d with Chris Rose, New show on John Boy Media. Last column one of my ruder ones random player Generator because it's some of these teams seem like they just have guys that pop up that I don't know. So within that, I do want to do a final close on last year's tier list. In right field, it was boring MVP picks. It was Akunya and Soto at the top. People forget Aaron Judge was a center fielder. Oops reveal the Wild Wild West. It was a bunch of West Coast right fielder's Tucker Tatis, Carol and Adoley scarceras Wow adp value Anthony Santander interesting?
Speaker 2: Is he a right field or was he playing Thomas in the thing.
Speaker 1: That's Lank Thomas and Saya Suzuki. Should we get a dog with George Springer and Cassianos? What is it even mean the dogs? Brontander on Fangrass.
Speaker 3: Is listed as the Jays left field. We'll get to him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and that should be out there now. There's gonna be a couple left field right fielders that could flip before the season. They could not flip. They had to land somewhere. They're either on this one or they're on left field. So make sure you go check that out. We had young with crazy potential. And there's some names that's stuff. Not a lot of big climbers. God, where's Riley Green? He plays centerfield left now? I think he made the left of Carcer Meadows thirty flirty and thriving. I like that crew platoon these two was Hunter renfro and is that Seth Brown?
Speaker 2: Someone should have done that. That was a great idea.
Speaker 1: Strong arms and injuries, tough bottom column for Loreano, Marte and Hannager train crush. That was a favorite from last year.
Speaker 2: I can tell you one of those.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of them are on the list this year. So again, if you really want to check that out and get in the weeds, enjoy last year's let's get into this and I think we might have our quickest top of the chart unless we do two way players. I guess the only thing I'll tee up for you, Jolly is Aaron Judge. There are some other very high profile names at the top of the list. I could point out your new right fielder, Juan Soto, I could point at Ronald Acunya, who's got an MVP in the bag and was hurt last year. I just think, however, you're trying to slice it. Aaron Judge has two ten war seasons the last three years, he's moving back to right field, and I just Soto has his one kind of minor flaw outside of absolute brilliance everywhere else. Ronald Cooney has some interesting injury stuff, and I just don't think Kyle Tucker is a fun convo but he, of those other guys, lacks maybe the high end potential.
Speaker 2: So with then, yes, I am contractually obligated to be nice to Aaron Judge at least once per month on camera on recording. So this is my one for January. I guess it'll go out in February. No, it's Judge, and I think most fans would agree with that. I think it's a little touchee because now it's Mets verst Yankees a little bit. But he's the only guy here that's got a ten more season and he did it twice, and that's kind of like all I need to know two in the last three years, and like you said, each of the guys that are going to be below him just have like one caveat, like SODA's defense isn't quite there, and you can say that Judge's defense will improve because he's going from center to right field, which is his natural position. Tucker was on pace to have that monster year and then he got hurt. We played half the season last year, still racked up nearly five war and half a season, so he could get there. But he's been more consistently great than singularly elite. And then with Akunya, who has been singularly elite and won the MVP for his efforts, just has the injury concerned and it gets scary when it's a lot of leg injuries and you're approaching thirty. So we got to see what he is in twenty twenty five, and with all that, it kind of just leaves Judge as the guy that's been there, done it now. And you can cite some postseason stats if you want, but this is a encompassing tier list and Aaron Judge is at the top. I didn't even watch. Honestly, I don't really know what happened.
Speaker 1: That was the biggest what wow?
Speaker 2: I was just so nice to.
Speaker 1: Him while we're here.
Speaker 2: I got wap.
Speaker 1: What is that you slapping Aaron Judge across the face? Get noodle, squeaky toy away from you. I am you enjoy that too much?
Speaker 2: Dogs.
Speaker 1: Aaron Judge is at the top of the list, is the biggest person in baseball. He will take the podium right under him his former running mate Juan Soto, a war veteran in his own right. A seven point nine be war last year, five and a half the two seasons before that with a seven point one before so the war and again it's supposed to be an all encompassing status. Shouldn't be your everything stats. I do want to drive that home. It's sure or as nice, it's a good it's a good way to measure things, and it shows a lot of good, but I do think it probably undervalues the day and day out of Wan Soto the batter because it's it's special. One hundred and twenty nine walks last year to one hundred and nineteen strikeouts nine eighty nine ops. He finished third in the MVP, his second top three MVP voting, led the league in runs. Not bad, and then jolly, I'm I'm interested to see. I do think Kyle Tucker belongs and I do think there was a time when baseball fans wouldn't have believed that. I do think people have come around and like, WHOA, Kyle Tucker's real good. It is just wild. His best Warren a season is five point seven, but like you said, he had four point seven and seventy eight games last year. It feels like the power tool is there. He's stolen thirty bases in a season before that. He has to be on second tier. Akun y'all. Hear out arguments, but I I think he deserves the respect, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's the kind of thing that makes me glad that my face isn't on the thumb now because people are gonna see Soto and tuck around the same tier, and there's gonna be some emotions, some feelings about that, but I do think it's it's closer than a lot of people suspect. Both these guys have been terrific right fielder. Soto does have that one defensive flaw, but outside of that, he's got better play discipline than arguably any hitter in the game. Right now, he's young, He's about to embark on a very interesting journey, the most lucrative contract in baseball. Not new city, new stadium, new team, all that good stuff, and Kyle Tucker similar vain one year picks up with the Cubs. We'll see what comes of that.
Speaker 1: Joan, when next time you see Jimmy, tell him it's not a new city.
Speaker 2: Okay, just know I was being respectful.
Speaker 1: I I don't necessarily disagree with you. Next time you see Jimmy, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not really interested in his answer.
Speaker 1: I think really that interesting.
Speaker 2: You're right, the one interesting thing here is Ronald Acuna Junior. What are we going to get this year? Because this is technically a tier list that is ranking them in twenty twenty five, not just who they have in their entire career, and you'll see more evidence of that lower on the list. But I mean, you can't discount what Acuna did in twenty twenty three, which is not that long ago, A forty seventy season, which still doesn't sound real, still sounds like a video game season ops above one thousand that year, a one seventy one ops plus playing one hundred and fifty nine games when he did it too like, so he's still capable of that. We just got to see what it looks like in twenty twenty five. But I think it's it's too it's too soon to say that he's not that player anymore. I'd need to see him this year and see how he moves and see if there really is limitations on his speed and defense to truly start to move him down the list. He is still elite in my mind.
Speaker 3: So it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a it's a a complicated second tier because he can make arguments for any of these guys being above one another. I do think Judge is above them all, but I think it's fine to have them all in the same tier and then next year we can have an interesting discussion if one guy separates himself from the pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Ronald Acuna is it's gonna be his age twenty seven season. So some of these other young up and comers were gonna come up on, We're gonna be like, oh, he's you know, he's pretty good. He's twenty six. Ronald Cooney has an MVP in the bag. He's a four time All Star, three times Silver Slugger, a guy that's kind of known for his speed, or at least with the seventy stolen base season. He has a career nine o four oh ps. Career yeah, career seven. Yeah, I think the way you laid it out was very fair. Like he he doesn't deserve to have a lot of the crown taken away from him. It is very interesting, Yeah, how do those legs feel over a whole season? But it is funny that if you were, hey, say you were to come in and be like, hey, Ronald coonyr Junior is not going to steal bases anymore. Well, what if I could give you a nine hundred ops Because not a lot of other guys can at baseball or in the right field position. So I already feel a little relieved. I thought the discussion might lead us to Ronnie might have to bump down. I like that, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: You can make a case of like we were unfair to Sean Murphy for the same season, the same reason, but his his peaks were not nearly as high. I think it's a completely different scenario.
Speaker 1: Correct, man, I we're just churning down the list, But I want to because I think that's how right field plays out. Because I think this next tier is absolutely electric. I put hot air balloon. I was going between that escalator. It just feels like these guys and Okay, maybe think about this. The class above these guys. Wan Soto just got eight hundred million dollars to play baseball in a new city, in the same city. Kyle Tucker is about to get so much money. If he has a Kyle Tucker season, he is about to get so much money. Ronald Cooney Jr. People are nervous about that contract, but if he gets another one, he's gonna make maybe some of the most money a hitters ever made in baseball. Aaron Judge pretty good contract, home run record, handsome tall. So the guys above them that I think a lot of these guys are going to join, or some have already joined. Fernando Tatis, I believe.
Speaker 2: Deserves to be here.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting baseball card. Look, but we'll talk about that Corbyn Carroll. For me, it was a really slow start last season that you could spend either way. The fact he got out of it and still had a really nice year is a great sign for a baseball player as young as skilled than he is. And then I feel like I'm missing someone else as a part of this speech.
Speaker 2: I have a Jacksonurio with these fellas.
Speaker 1: I think you're correct. What Jackson Trio did. We want to talk age is twenty years here, Yeah, and I think he finished twenty and twenty unless he missed in one stat line and he got progressively better as the season went on. That I mean, I love that group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a lot of good things to say about all these guys. I'll start with Chorio because he's the freshest in the mind for me, because the Mets played the Brewers in the Wild Card, and if the Brewers had won that series, you would hear his name talked about a lot more. He did it on both sides the ball. He was every at bat, he came up. I was nervous as hell because at twenty years old, this dude is the real deal. He can go out there and get it. He did have a tony twenty season. Like you said before, he was a four war player at age twenty. Yeah, twenty years old, he did that. He only finished third in Rookie of the Year voting because how stacked the class was between Skens and Jackson Merrill. But I do believe this guy's is the limit for this year. He was the number two prospect in all baseball entering last year and he totally lived up to that resume. And then with Corbyn Carroll. You take a look at his page. You remember the pretty tough first half that he had. Overall, his numbers still landed in a pretty fine place. They're not what you probably expected coming off an MVP five and twenty twenty three, a Rookie of the Year, obviously a World Series birth, but still a great season twenty twenty as well twenty thirty. Actually, if you want a nitpick, still a three war player, and I do believe he's capable of much better. And we saw that at age twenty two when he was also that young doing that thing. The one that's kind of weird is Fernando Tatzis junior, and I do think that he fits here, But it is weird because he's been a baseball player in MLB for a longer time. He's moved positions. We all know the baggage that comes with the front half of his baseball card, those pretty alien offensive numbers that he hasn't quite reached since and maybe he won't ever again. But if you take him for what he has been the last two years, which has been a Platinum Glove defense right fielder, a guy that'll hit you twenty home runs and steal your twenty bases, I think he's still an elite caliber player that can go up even further once he gets more and more acclimated to this role. So if I was ranking Fernando Tatis the shortstop from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty one, there's no way he doesn't enter that second tier. He's there for me. He's a tremendous offensive upside, a canon for an arm, can carry a lineup, can come through in big moments. All those things are still true, but the offense has taken just a tiny step back. Is still great and he plays a different position now, so the competition is completely different. So because he's such a weird case scenario, I think it's totally fine that he fits in this third tier. Plus he's only gonna be twenty six, so he's still young as well. I like this group a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'm wondering if people do have questions about any of this, Like Fernando was becoming the face obviously the PD stuff, and I guess I don't know where the crowd lands. I mean, the last image I have of him is him dominating in the playoffs, like to a silly degree. Cordyn Carroll in Trio. If that's confusing to anyone at home, maybe you fell asleep. At the halfway point of the season, Corbyn Carroll had a six thirty five OPS in the first half. Jackson Cherio had a six to seventy eight OPS in the first half.
Speaker 2: Didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Corbyn Carroll had a nine to nineteen OPS in the second half with seventeen stolen bases. Jackson Charrio had a nine to fourteen OPS in the second half. So Forchurio, it felt like young man adapting to league.
Speaker 2: Which I think I'd like like I'm matching if those halves are flipped right, I think we feel a lot differently about.
Speaker 1: Different taste in your mouth. I think for Trio twenty years old figuring out this league, my goodness, watch out and Corbyn Carrol, I think there was a little bit of bad luck. I think the swing got disconnected for a little bit, and kind of like you said with Tario, I very much value this. I mean, baseball kicks a lot of people in the teeth to bounce back and put up a you know, with Corbyn Carrol's speed, those are MVP ish type second half numbers. Very impressed by both of them. And with all of that being said, Tatis, if you said for next season, give me one of those players, I think people lean Tatis.
Speaker 2: I think it just no.
Speaker 1: The one sixty two numbers last year aren't super impressive, but you know there's more in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like if it's the next five years question, obviously it's different. But I'm saying the most complete player right now is Tattoos. Like with Carol, the shoulders kind of scary because that's where the explosion in his swing comes from. It's from whipping that shoulder out. Then Chorio, like Pitch just could adapt to that first year. We've seen tons of sophomore slumps. He'll be twenty one, he has time to grow. But I think with tattoos and you saw what he did in October, like you mentioned before, you know what you're gonna get. And that's why I think you know you can't put him any lower than the third tier.
Speaker 1: Right field bringing the noise a little bit. And again we haven't even gotten a stud finder. Again. People might love this, people might hate this. I'd say, let's chew a couple guys off.
Speaker 2: The board, let's clean it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we are looking at a lot of faces at the bottom of our screen that we will now put on your screen random player generator. At first, I've thought about naming this Guardians or Rockies random player Generator, which that felt super rude. I think Big Christmas goes on the list just because he's so handsome and strong. But again, with a lot of these other guys we're wrestling with, my guy John Kenzie has a lot to figure out offensively and defensively. Though the power's real, Jolly Power's real.
Speaker 2: I think he probably ends up as third as their dh.
Speaker 1: Does he get hurt by Oscar Gonzales happening a few years ago? You know what's he definitely a little bit right.
Speaker 2: It's like kind of the same story came up and hit immediately, had a huge postseason and then did you know tailed off. I'm not saying that's gonna happen Noel, but like it's definitely, no.
Speaker 1: Definitely, it's just in everyone's head. Like I feel like if John Kenzy Noel was following a player that was super well like that had a ten year career, we'd be like, oh, he's gonna be there. Yeah he's instead like, oh, he's going to be that Like you.
Speaker 2: Said that a lot with the Guardians in general.
Speaker 3: That's what they've got last like Guardian's power hitting outfield?
Speaker 1: Are they?
Speaker 3: They turned in fell off quick?
Speaker 1: This is rude to I believe that's Griffin Conine, mister Marlin's son, which is pretty cool. I get the nod for the Marlins. So again, we like that, but that Josh Pelasios on the Pittsburgh Pirates. We love the Palacios family.
Speaker 2: We saw Richie take a step last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's hope there. Who else is a random player generator?
Speaker 2: I got, I got Sam Hilliard down here. I think we know who he is at this point in his career.
Speaker 1: Are we putting Chris Bryant down there? Do we need both of them?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 1: Feel slightly?
Speaker 2: My only my only.
Speaker 1: In Colorado?
Speaker 2: My only counter is we give Chris the hobby treatment. WHOA, because I do think it's it's gotten a little bit to that point.
Speaker 1: I think putting him on random player Generator. Okay, let's put them both on there, next to each other, preferably anyone else I don't like looking at.
Speaker 2: In my head's good, But like.
Speaker 1: I don't think he needs to be on I think we only need one guardian representative, if I'm being honest, is defensively. Will Brennan I believe is good defensively, and then he has a three week stretch with a nine to fifty ops, and then everything else?
Speaker 2: Do we call Chris ros No?
Speaker 1: Well maybe for the column above this. I think everyone else will find a home besides those guys. So let's see what happens on the rest of our journey. Joe Adell's got some interesting stuff. How about the stud finer? Let's let's keep you're excited about it? Well, dude, we're talking. You know you you wanted to call hot air Balloon MLB the show cover athletes or something around that for a little bit like that. Like, honestly, one of the thoughts that just ran through my head was like, if you're a sick pup, a little five dollars sprinkle on Jackson Trio and l MVP next year. Yeah, like if you leave in young players really taking over, Like it's pretty crazy to look at his second half that if he puts up, Jackson Trio could stumble into a forty forty season next That's nuts. I take that.
Speaker 2: Back, No, and I don't. I honestly don't think it's that nuts.
Speaker 1: It is and it isn't. But again, depending thirty, depending how you like to use your five dollars edules that studfinder, We're about to run into a lot of guys that I don't want to say cornerstone pieces, but pieces that you look at your roster and you're like, I I love that.
Speaker 2: These are my high, high ceiling guys.
Speaker 1: Why don't you?
Speaker 2: I also would like to co name this tier Acquired you and out of the Park Baseball, because I think I've acquired each of these four guys at some point that's that's for someone.
Speaker 1: In the answer for someone.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, some really good names here. One name that absolutely shocks me, but it needs to be here, and we'll get to him in a little bit. But we'll start with the Rookie of the Year runner up, Coldon Cownser, who had a nice little age twenty four season, one hundred and fifty three games, three war one, twenty three ops plus twenty four homers. Very nice numbers across the board. Honestly, I think he might have tailed off a little bit in the second half, if I'm not mistaken. I feel those numbers popped a little bit more first time. No, he was the second half guy, which I like.
Speaker 1: I think the AL Rookie of the Year. It had ebbs and flows to rookie. Colton definitely had a tough stretch at one point in the second half. Wells limp to the finish line. Heels worst ass with the second half, So that was a It was a hodgepodch for a lot.
Speaker 2: It was one of the races of all time. But he belongs in this list for sure because I think he's capable of a lot more. Baltimore is going to need him to be capable of a lot more in this upcoming season because they are losing a lot in their lineup with Anthony Santander going to a division rival. So I like Cowser a lot. I loved Baltimore kind of championing the Cal uniforms in the stands for him. I thought that was really fun. And he's not quite hot air balloon for me because I don't know how good it can get, right, But I am excited to see what he does in his sophomore season, Like I am very excited to see what Lawrence Butler does this year, because he really popped off and was a fun player to watch when the A's came to City Field. I didn't realize how big that dude was. I didn't realize how fast that dude was. Pure athlete, is younger than Cowsier's gonna be twenty four next season, put up three war in one hundred and twenty five games, hit twenty home runs, kind of just quietly like, I wouldn't call him a breakout candidate for next year because I think he's already broke out, But I do think he can do even better things next year, and that that A's lineup is getting sneaky, kind of deep. I'm not lying, it's kind of nice. I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: Colin Kowser, he played a chunk of center field last year that that deserves some street credit. He bounced around to all three outfield positions. It's a really strong Rookie of the Year type campaign that Yeah, you're right, I mean they're banking on it. Also not part of this list, but one of the more fun personalities, like a real personality too, not like he's doing someone else's stick or trying like he's he just kind of goose with the fellas. So we like that Cowser, we like that el Butt. Yes, uh, we need to see a little more. That's that's it. Like, yeah, it happened. It was fun. One hundred and twenty five games. And again like I don't I'm sorry if you said this on the way through, but I don't remember him getting off to a hot start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was a pretty ugly start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean July second through the end of the season, three h two batting average with a nine forty three ops that July one dot July.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So there's a there's a lot of ways you can chop that up. You know, he he had two months of incredible baseball around that not as much. So again, this this guy was a prospect. This guy, he's shown almost all of the tools. Why not belief? Why not belief? Let's let's say the light bulb is on for him, same with Kowser. Did you mention Waler Bray?
Speaker 2: I did not mention our guy. Wheelier was kind of a sneaky dark horse in the Rookie of Year race. He got some votes six overall. I thought he would have placed a little bit higher. But he just kind of does a little bit of everything, like sort of a very young but almost I don't want to say complete player, but can help you in a lot of different ways. I know Red Sox fans love some Whee year Bray. You I believe he came over via trade. Yeah, he was in the Christian Vasquez trade from Red Sox to Houston. That's how they got their hands on him. If you like baseball savant pages, this is one I recommend. The play discipline isn't quite there. But also he was a rookie last year. Ninetieth percentile or higher an ounce of a average and arm strength like that a lot glove. Yeah, I didn't realize the defense was a new update, right, Yeah, Like he's a special defender out there ten to fifteen. Yeah, and also like running back. If that doesn't speak to you, I don't know what does. He's another one of the Vibes guys too, kind of like Kawser and uh he had He had a lot of growth last year, which is pretty cool. I think the Bat was kind of a concern for a lot of people. They knew what he was defensively, and I think that's what the Red Sox are kind of trying to focus on. They're trying to build a better defensive team and just hope that some of those guys could click. Will Years certainly did, and he's been involved with some trade rumors, but I think he's staying put and I'm excited to see what he does at Fenway in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, he was such a he was such a weird one at the beginning of last season. It was like, okay, twenty eight games, he kind of went nuts, as he what. Yeah, So yeah, for him to put together a nice three and a half four season one two with a gold Glove age twenty five again like him cows Aer like this grouping currently feels like one of our most united groupings of just young. I can't tell you the next steps, like just knowing how baseball works. One of these guys. In two years, we're gonna look back and be like, oh my god, remember he was with those guys and that that kind of sucks. But that's just being honest, and that's baseball. I don't think it's anything to even do with these guys. I think it's like the baseball gods.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, you want to know one thing for all these guys, Sure, all three of these young left handed hitting right fielders, give me some league average numbers against left handed pitching. El Butt was the one that did it. It was a very small sample though, eighty six at bats. But the other two are very clearly profiled as platoon bats right now. If they can hit both sides like Corbyn Carroll, like Jackson Trurio, like Fernando, that's how they move up because then they are everyday players. They already bring you something defensively and they don't have that hole in their offensive approach.
Speaker 1: Yea, I was I've left this out when I was looking at trio staff page. He wasn't great versus lefties last year.
Speaker 2: But that's an easier solution.
Speaker 1: That's in the plus column.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's like a oh well he will be Someone teaches him that you want him to be good looks better so you know, righty supremacy, you get you, he'll keep getting those chances.
Speaker 1: Elba Kowser a bray you. I do think we have to ruin this row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they look like such a great it's a great trio.
Speaker 1: It's a great trie. Like you said, it left and skilled and probably never elite elite, but like those fun really good ballplayers, you remember that You're like, how good was that guy? For a little bit? Like they they all feel like they hit that chord. I have two two maybe for this category.
Speaker 3: One that I feel like is in consideration.
Speaker 1: So the one that we aren't sure what to do with currently and may become his own category. Ta Oscar Hernandez. He's he's a stud. Finder. Yeah, he's a stud. He's not young like these young bloods. Ta Oscar's a stud that he needs to be in this area, whether it's above or with them. I think you could still spin it. The other one is gonna send us probably down a bad five minute wormhole of who the hell is Matt Wallner?
Speaker 2: Yea? And why is Matt Wallner?
Speaker 1: Because we did this last year, did we? Yes?
Speaker 2: Why do I have no memory? Because it's I feel like today's the first day I ever looked at his page, and it's shocking how good his numbers are.
Speaker 1: One hundred and sixty nine career games. He has a one thirty nine OPS plus an eight sixty six OPS. It's not real, So I'm I'm not sure, Like I don't even know how do the Twins use him hitting first or eighth?
Speaker 2: I mean he doesn't hit against lefties. He's a platoon bad, but I mean he walls righties. That ops goes up to nine fifty three against righties, slugging five sixty six against righties, And like I mean common down below if you've had a different experience, I feel like I never hear a peep about this dude. Plenty of talented players on the Twins, especially offensively. Are we calling Trev about Matt Waalner.
Speaker 1: Declined?
Speaker 2: Did he decline? So it's tricky, but I'd be baseball today.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have cell phone service where he lives, so you can't like actually call him. Then you're facetiming. We'll see he.
Speaker 2: Double declined you. I think they might be doing baseball today.
Speaker 1: We'll see if a text comes back, maybe I'll answer, Hey, man, if we did blind resumes, I think we'd all point at Matt Wamer.
Speaker 2: Like the player a player b thing. Yeah right, yeah, that's a good tweet. You should fire that off.
Speaker 1: I used to do a lot of blind player resumes. Maybe I'll get back in that game.
Speaker 2: That's a really good one.
Speaker 1: Better numbers than while you're brayw more games played like he belongs. Who's a butler?
Speaker 2: The only thing he's missing is name value. That's really it.
Speaker 1: Same amount of game played, slash a couple more better numbers.
Speaker 2: He's got the same problem. Like he's another one. He's left handed, hitting right fielders like he's in the crew. He's in the crew, fully.
Speaker 3: Belongs defensively savant doesn't love his range, loves his arm. So he's contributing on that end of the ball.
Speaker 2: Uh ta, Oscar looks so wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're making it.
Speaker 2: I think he's he looks so wrong. Yep, he gets his because I don't know what He's not a right fielder in my brain at all.
Speaker 1: Right, and this is one that people may be hot hot about because Florida played a ton left field last year. Taskar hits. He's a constant threat. I think he's got to be one of the Blue jays biggest regrets over the past few years because he was one of the weapons in that lineup.
Speaker 2: Him and Lord has went like pretty much I earn at the same time. Right, Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 1: They like the Blue Jays had a couple of decisions to me, and they might have pressed every wrong button.
Speaker 2: It was all about defense.
Speaker 1: But ta Oskar hits a lot. Ta Oskar hits a ton as long as he's not in Seattle playoffs. Whatever you're looking for. I love ta Oscar. I'm glad how things have worked out for him in his career. He's kind of going down as like an LA legend like him and the crowd had some good stuff going on. Yeah, he such a.
Speaker 2: Perfect complimentary piece of that lineup. Because we talked about it with Will Smith a little bit, how he's like hitting fourth and second. It's so nice to have Taskar. It's like the buffer.
Speaker 1: That's the I think when you're one of these smaller media market teams that you're like, if you're more worried about team war or the overall product, if you just want one of the best pure hitters in baseball, here's ta Oscar Hernandez. The Dodgers don't have to worry about the sum of the parts. No, we'll just take one of the best hitters. Oh, your team's worried about his defense over one sixty two, We really don't care he catches the one. He has to catch decent arm throughout Stanton in the World Series, people forget. Okay, so the stud finder with all those young, handsome lefty this has been an easy right fielders.
Speaker 2: It's like deceivingly easy.
Speaker 1: It's been cleaned so far. Are there are a lot of bodies left that I'm wondering if another Row is gonna have to show up? Jolly, you put up the ride the d Chris Rose Row right, And I guess I'm interested because only so many of these guys do I see they're out there for defense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I got I got a few names here. I mean these guys are you know when they hit you're happy right, like I mean, but I think they're mostly known for being short handed gloves or short handed arms. Okay, if you will, I have Hunter Renfro here. It feels like a disservice to put him in random player generator, although the look, the look does look like if you asked an AI to, you know, give you a picture of Mike Trodden Rose uniform. But he's got a really decent career resume. At this point, we all know he has an absolute cannon for an arm, which I think is a huge plus in right field, and if he only played against left inded pitching, he would be a plus offensive player. But the fact that he's an everyday player in Kansas City kind of the last two years. You're not gonna like what you see your bottom tiering Hunter run from the last two years. Oh against lefties, you're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna like what you see.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Wow, I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and sixty games negative.
Speaker 2: War beyond that the last two years, I thought, this is what you're alluding to. His numbers against lefties last years have not been good. That was like his one tool I had.
Speaker 1: In my bird place, ninety first percentile arm strength of the fear. That's what we are doing.
Speaker 3: Ride the d and you hope he runs into the homers.
Speaker 1: That with some home runs is something I don't know. I'm just it's interesting. I'm interested to see how it sorts out.
Speaker 2: He was one of the ones where I thought I could like blind rip because you just kind of know what he is.
Speaker 1: Hunter run for for seven years, did the exact same thing. But yeah, he's in a slightly different spot now.
Speaker 2: Maybe Sam Hilliard had an eight twelve ops us year where Colorado.
Speaker 1: That I like. Sam Hilliard's a freak. I like that.
Speaker 2: Plus, can is he ride the Day? Do we switch these two?
Speaker 1: Does he played defense?
Speaker 2: He plays great defense.
Speaker 1: I'll ride his D I'll switch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's ride the day. Let's put it from sorry crazy. I also have Victor Roblz here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one that jumps. He's an easy D rider.
Speaker 2: I mean, the numbers last year are crazy, but what did you say?
Speaker 1: The fact he got the extension made me a little mad about the Mariners now, everything that's going on with their hitting whatever. I like Victor Roblaz He plays great defense and he hit with the Mariners, which again that's a feat. I'm going to start celebrating more and more.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't. I'm befuddled.
Speaker 1: This is the story of why my idiot. If Kyle Seeger was a Yankee, he'd be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Uh, Victor, I'm ignoring that. Victor robis in seventy seven games.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, he already killed him.
Speaker 2: Three war, thirty stolen bases, he went nuts, which is sixty pays, they're off fifty five obous carried down.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense, no, no, And it's again, it's one of those things that unfortunately with recent Mariners culture, it has the chance to it just has super egg on its face. Potential.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will root.
Speaker 1: I will root for a young man who's played baseball on the highest stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll forget and one that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will root for that and the Mariners and he's out there for defense. Anything else is a plus. And hey, maybe this again very young, young ish still that maybe this is just a resurgent part of Victor Roblest's career, and.
Speaker 2: I like that for him.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, ride the d.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I had in my brain this as a spot for Mike Talkman, But I don't think it. I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: He's more an offense guy.
Speaker 1: He's any wide who can who.
Speaker 2: Can play the position, but not as a plus.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he.
Speaker 2: Might be.
Speaker 3: Right field time.
Speaker 2: I'm curious how he was center last year.
Speaker 3: Curious how the metrics will shake out if he can actually do set him there talk I saw.
Speaker 2: The majority of games in right field last year, fifty one.
Speaker 1: And then Wrigley wind though, you never know where it's going.
Speaker 3: I never know what to do with guys that are kind of sliding around.
Speaker 2: If you get a Cubs nerd in your Twitter replan saying actually, don't blame me.
Speaker 3: And if we're doing Mike Talkman there, I think we can do Jake Fraley there and not talking about him more.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: Curious, interested because Jake Fairley is kind of a name. I don't really want to put him in the bottom tier.
Speaker 3: And yeah, on the whole of his defense is also about league average, take above what I'm seeing the metrics say on Talkman, what a bizarre.
Speaker 1: No, it's funny. I keep looking, and now that Baseball Reference has it in your face with the war column, I keep expecting one of these seasons to pop up and be two and a half War. No, the last three seasons are fine, but they're all zero to one.
Speaker 2: War is this Jake and he's like, I mean he's racked up a lot of games. This just kind of is who he is. I mean, he hit a little bit. It he's really not a defense.
Speaker 1: He's hit a little bit the past few years.
Speaker 2: Should we have like a ride the O or something?
Speaker 1: I get the whole show canceled, Jolly Jesus.
Speaker 3: Rice Chas McCormick kind of built for this.
Speaker 2: McCormick kind of right, Yeah, this makes me feel better.
Speaker 1: He has this crazy outlier offensive season. Hates him where Dusty was like, you're not a part of the fabric of this team.
Speaker 3: But made kind of the coolest one series catching.
Speaker 2: In the lineup.
Speaker 1: And apparently they're slotting him in this year after a negative War season. You can't put him anywhere higher.
Speaker 3: If they find themselves acquiring another outfielder, that's gonna be Chas going to center and.
Speaker 1: Jake Myers to the bench. Chas McCormick both hit righty, throw lefty.
Speaker 2: Mmm, someone's getting traded.
Speaker 1: Mmm. I think they like them be good. If I'm being really rude, I think Houston both likes player generating them. Just throw one of them out there.
Speaker 2: You have the same guy twice, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Don't care. How about this, Let's do a little what are you now? Because that is there's some more fun to this. There's some name recognition, and there's guys that maybe had a bad year on a bit of a decline, or I guess you could spin some young guys in here. I think the easy one that maybe getting along on name ability. But also this whole team plays for a different thing. Cassianos. Yeah, he's he has an or in an effect to him that I know. That's not what the kids actually, that is what the kids like to do lists on. I think you said he was a negative war.
Speaker 2: Guy last year, so he has the rare distinction and I can stat head it and see how much it's happen. And he played. You don't see this a lot. He played all one hundred and sixty two games, and he was below replacement level, which is one point zero in terms of war. That being said, there is inherent value to being out there every day hitting twenty plus home runs above league garbage offensively and also like very clearly a leader on the team, like you can just if you watch any Phillies game. He's one of the more vocal dudes. Plus he showed up in the postseason, like when it was Mets Phillies in the DS. That was like the thorn in the side for Mets pitching. They could not get this guy out. And it's a shame because I think if the Phillies moved on, you would have seen a lot more of him and like having a hot October and he'd be I think perceived a little differently in our minds if he had that crazy run didn't end up happening. And I think there is a question of like, well, what is he now? Is he still going to be the right fielder, because he kind of feels like he's going to be their first basement But Bryce is there, So is he getting traded? What are they doing with all these immovable parts that they have at positions they don't play particularly well as someone on the out. I don't know. So there's a lot of question marks around Castianos. And he is I think in the last year of its deal. Now he's got two more years, So is he getting moved? Don't really know what he is right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is another guy that I think straight war judgment would be unfair. He played every game seven two ops last year, and like you said, two of his last three postseason series he's one dotted the gap in between that he was horrendous against Arizona, and that's a little bit Nick Castillanos, and he doesn't care, and the Phillies don't care because there's time when he's going to essentially carry a baseball team, and the way the Phillies operate, there's times when he's not and when he's not, they have three other guys to fill that in. So I don't know. I guess there was something about me that felt slightly uncomfortable about this. But it's also the exercise of when we mentioned, when I mentioned that el Butt, Kowser, rayu Waalner category, probably now that it's four, probably two of those four in a couple of years are gonna be on a different career trajectory. Nick Cassiano is two hundred thirty three career home runs. He's been around the league, he's been there, done that. There's something to that, and he has that. So it's just a question of what is he over one sixty two now? But come October, you're either gonna have the best hitter in your lineup or the worst in lineup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he gets just the brunt here because it's a twenty twenty five tier list, not a what have you done for me over your entire career tier list. By the way, I did look it up. Three players in the last fifteen years to play all one sixty two and finish below replacement level. Nick rugnan Odor. I'll see he's ascabar okay fun listory.
Speaker 3: In the in his case, in a couple other guys who I think are slated to end up here, and maybe that'll be a next tier separator when we get there. Like these guys just like push comes to shove, they're up in a playoff game or or big moment ninth inning, like you're not upset that they're up. That's case with him and at least Garcia the other team. The other team doesn't love seeing these guys coming.
Speaker 2: No, they still got that fear factor to them. The last man, what a tough year, didn't I didn't see it coming.
Speaker 1: No, it felt like he was breaking out. He felt it felt like thirty nine homers and what he turned into Tatisa in the postseason, like it felt like you could look at all of his stats and they were getting better and better. And then last year, who knows if it's World Series hangover, who knows, it was a slow start, starts compounding on itself. I think he actually ended let me see if the splits back this up in my head, he ended up salvaging some of the numbers a little bit. It's pretty balanced throughout.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing that got that gets scary without a lease is that he will He wasn't hitting the balls hard last year, which is you know, that's like bread and butter for him. The plate discipline was always not great, and then defense and base running both took a step back too. And he was thirty one last year, so like wrong side of thirty approaching. But like that being said, he was so good for three years in a row. Yeah, I did. I didn't see it happening that fast and that drastically, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it will. I think again, baseball gods, and let's get that team back together. And he had It's funny, I was because the splits were throwing me off. He had a horrid July, which that splits your splits where he had a five four ops tough that August September seven, three forty, which is like, okay, that's again not kind of what we expect from Garcia. He had a big April, so I don't know. I could there be injuries, could there be something we don't know about. I don't know. Could it be age. We'll find out this year. But again, if there was, if the WBC was on tomorrow and there was runners on second and third and this guy was up, you wouldn't like that getting the fours? Who's on deck? You're interested in that question.
Speaker 2: You're seeing some of the wildest swings.
Speaker 3: I'm almost tempted to push for this tier to be renamed fear Factor, and for multiple reasons because like, Okay, yeah, maybe they're not gonna have good numbers over the course of the full season anymore. You can't lock it in, But like in the moment, you're not worried, and there is like a baseline competence, and you know what this group provides for the locker room. And I'm thinking about throwing George Springer in that group, whose numbers for the season ended up better than both of these guys.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: So I don't know George fought. I I oddly tracked George Springer's last year too closely because I placed the George Springer versus Carlos Correa home runs last year was literally tortoise in the hair and it he did win. Springer did out Homer Correa last year. And yeah, I again, this is one of those things where Okay, Doli Scarcia, we saw him perform at the highest level on the highest stage. Casianos, we've essentially seen the same George Springer used to do. That. His regular season stats have taken a step down as he's gotten older. But okay, if we saw George Springer in the ALCS hit eighth inning take the lead home run, we'd be like, George Springer, doesn't he have like some of the most playoff postseason home runs.
Speaker 2: He's got the most leadoff Say twenty seventeen World Series he had five home runs. He's had nineteen playoff home runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like lumping them together. What are you now is a little soft for our tierless? And yeah, I wonder is it like fear over war? Which president uses fear over war?
Speaker 2: Put the president.
Speaker 1: We'll keep that he's the president of his days. This title, I'm gonna put.
Speaker 2: Fear over war, Okay, I mean, I don't know if he fits this now I had I had Matt Vierling with these guys, but like kind of I don't know, because like.
Speaker 3: The vibe anywhere.
Speaker 2: The analysis was kind of the same, but like the vibe is different because I don't think anyone clocked him as like gonna be a really important piece of a playoff team, a team that comes one went away from the ALCS. But that's like what he was like behind Riley Green. The most valuable position player on a near ALCS bound team was Matt Verling.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's cool, but it's kind of like what whoa what are you? Are you actually this guy? Or are you the utility guy that we acquired or can you be this cornerstone outfield piece.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He also does play great defense if we want to do that, but I do I feel like he's better than the guy's in right the day.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny because he's on. I never know if it's because I was young or dumb or both, and I think baseball has changed that he's on, Like in my head growing up. This is like the traditional not top prospect prospect path. Yeah, like, got called up at twenty four, twenty five, got some run, didn't exactly click. Age twenty six got his chance to play, was okay, Age twenty seven gets his chance to play is a little better that. It's like, this is almost the pivot point of Matt Vierling, and maybe we need another category.
Speaker 2: God, that's just pivot point or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude, cause I know he's a blind spot for you. Josh Lowe is like really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a blind spot for me. I I don't really know much about.
Speaker 1: Him, but he was hurt last year and the stats aren't that good, so I don't know what to do with that. Okay, maybe this is what we should do. We should tell people who's maning, so maybe in their heads they can start sorting. I see Matt Vierling, I see Joe Adell. Well, I'm gonna they maybe see the numbers there because I know he's homering, but I think that was it.
Speaker 2: He fits the theme of pivot point, but he is They does not have the same numbers as the other two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jordan Walker, Joe Adele and Jordan Walker, feel like they fit together, Joe Adell, Jordan Walker, and I'll even put Josh low with them. I think there's something with young talent that hasn't really fully happen. There's something there, Dylan Cruise.
Speaker 1: Does he go with them? Is that unfair?
Speaker 2: It's a little unfair. I mean, we don't really but then we're just.
Speaker 1: Like rookie section of of right field right now.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: I feel like, maybe he does go there because does the Nats kind of need him to be good? And like, is it is it?
Speaker 3: You're just need we need you to be good some some something like that. I might have won too many words.
Speaker 1: There, Okay, would you have it above or below fear over war?
Speaker 2: I would have it so too. The only one that feels unfair to kind of is Josh Lowe. But I just think that's the place for him.
Speaker 1: It's fine, easy has to do more like it's nothing is locked in for him. So Joe Deell, Jordan Walker, Josh.
Speaker 2: Low still Increase Cruise.
Speaker 1: I mean, those are some high private profile prospects, guys that have shown a little bit, but they haven't gone yet.
Speaker 2: I know I said every episode these so one of these guys could be the biggest leap for you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it's like one will leap, one will fall.
Speaker 2: Very prophetic, right, he's a writer, this guy maybe more poetry and poetry.
Speaker 3: Some will leap, some will fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Because like Jordan Walker, it's getting scary. I know it's early, right, but like he when he didn't hit last year, he provided like nothing to the Salo's Cardinals. He can't run, he can't field. You don't want a twenty three year old DH. So if he's not hitting major league pitching, writing is kind of on the wall. That's that's a first round pick like that is someone they have and a massive prospect, right and like a massive dude six six, two fifty, like this is a guy that should profile as a potent major league.
Speaker 3: Kdder Jodell is kind of lol, same kind of The one that feels the most out of place here is strem Ski.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't have a place for him yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm currently thirty four years old, so I don't think like a leap is coming.
Speaker 1: I don't have yeahs and Vearling on my board yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, verily, Yeah, I mean logically they're.
Speaker 3: Going to be together wherever the dand up.
Speaker 2: When I look at pictures, they fit in that Cassianos Adela's.
Speaker 1: Springer tier kind of those guys.
Speaker 2: But those guys are much deeper resumes at this point, and like if they're good, you're not a surprise. Yes, it's been playing for a while though, right.
Speaker 3: He didn't debut until twenty eight, but.
Speaker 2: Season Yas has been a two war player every season of his career, including twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's that's the biggest raw number B war And it's in this I mean, is it above Chris Rose ride the D definitely in between fight or Flight, it's yeahs Veerling, talkman, Jake Fraley.
Speaker 1: And it's you White, you Ben Affleck.
Speaker 2: Good Will.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do with these Goodwill.
Speaker 2: Bunting like these guys, I don't know. Well, I'm glad that we're moving.
Speaker 1: Is Sam Hilliard good He's.
Speaker 2: A glove and like talkman and fairly are not defensive guys. So I am a little glad. I mean yeah, because like yesm skis we know exactly who he is. He's a little bit abovely garbage offensively, a little bit limited defensively.
Speaker 1: In between fighter flying to war.
Speaker 2: If he hits twenty home runs, you're very happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you put them below fight or flight because if one of those guys has a good season, Cruiz low Walker Adele, they're like cornerstone pieces almost instantly. Yeah, where Veerling, Yazz talkmen and Frehley aren't going.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I have these as like white boys as advertised white bread like wonderbread.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm canceled.
Speaker 2: Let's see right, five dollar roll of the Tellum tune me snow on Christmas. It's that, you know, you're really happy to see the white on the ground running around the heck?
Speaker 3: Is that I'm just trying to be clever, like Unk's favorite player.
Speaker 2: Plays the game the right way, Joe's McFly says, who but is good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: How about this fits your team at the deadline? Oh? I like that a lot, like yeah talking he gets on base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if the Yankees got feeling in July, I you hop on some versatility selfie videos be.
Speaker 1: Like, it's your team at the deadline. Perfect gets away from how white that whole crop is.
Speaker 2: Is that everyone?
Speaker 1: That's everyone? I'm not putting Will Brennan on. I'm sorry, Will Brennan.
Speaker 2: Will Brennan's bottom for me.
Speaker 1: He is a player generator to be well, yeah, wait does he can he ride the day? I think Will Brennan plays defense.
Speaker 2: Not really now, well is that center field? That might be centerfield?
Speaker 1: He makes highlight plays so it looks like the final board. Biggest person in baseball an Judge, war Veterans, Sodo Tucker, Acuna hot Air balloon Tatist, Carol Cherrillo, Tasker Hernandez, Tasker Hernandez and no other taoskars. Sometimes we do that, but nobody stud Finder, Butler, Cowser, a Bray Walner, fear Over war Casianos, Garcia Springer, like that Fight or Flight adele Walker, Low Cruise. It's your team at the deadline, Veerling Yazz Talkman, Freyley, Ride the d Chris rose Hill, your Roblas McCormick, and random player generator Noel co nine plasiosro. Well, it's trying to cut We were hitting right at a minute, so I'm gonna have BBD cut out a couple pauses and get us there. And Chris Bryant is right at the end. So that was right field position per usual comment what we got right? What we got wrong. Thank you to Jolly Olive for pushing us across the finish line. And as David will tell you about.
Speaker 3: His uncle Big Drink, his production of Dan Patrick Productions, John Boy Media and Workhouse Media
Speaker 2: On a run fro hit your left D's