Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren z mc comedy from the home office in Dublin, Ireland. No, we're back. We're back from Ireland. We are back in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 2: Back home.
Speaker 1: But we did have an amazing little VAKA little getaway, a little work which we can talk about it at a later date. They're in Ireland and so Elsie and I went abroad and Elz got in touch with her Irish roots. Ladies and gentlemen. I'm happy to say we saw a doctor. We had the Irish removed from Elzie.
Speaker 2: No, what are you talking about? Oh it's my name is Laura Nozima.
Speaker 1: It's back. If you followed Elsie on social media last week, you saw she got a case of the Irish, as many do.
Speaker 2: When you that's sweet. Is that what the freeze means?
Speaker 1: The case of the Irish?
Speaker 2: You start doing an Irish accent. No, there's no way, that's good. Okay. I had so much fun. The people of Ireland are so so kind. If we can give a couple quick wrecks, I will. First of all, we did a super fun walking This is our favorite thing. To do in any city.
Speaker 1: It really has become our go to So if.
Speaker 2: You're going to a new city, here's a great way to learn about it, but have a good time and not be on like a boring three hour tour where you were hearing so many facts that you start to tune them out and you're thinking, when's lunch. Put lunch in the tour.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: We love to book and I've used via tour before for this, but we love to book a walking historic food tour in a city. And this is where you have a great local who's going to take you two different some of their favorite food spots in the city, usually like they've coordinated with the places before, so there's a bite of food waiting for you when you get there, and then as you walk to the try this different great cuisine. They tell you about the history of the city that you see along the way. So in Ireland we had Kevin from Walking Food Tours. Highly recommend him if you go to Dublin. He was so much fun and he had He also had worked at the Guinness factory for a decade and he'd been one of their top employees. So he also told us all about Guinness which was great because what else do you do in Ireland drink a guinness?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he taught us how to drink get us properly, and it was We did this in Charleston, South Carolina. It was awesome. We did it obviously with Kevin there and Natalie.
Speaker 2: It's just the best way to see a city because you're snacking and you're talking it. We did.
Speaker 1: We did it in Florence as well, and we've had the best results. And again, I learned so much about Dublin. And we started in the Liberties and we went over to the kind of the original district there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I also learned you just said the case of the Irish. I feel dumb. I didn't know how many phrases we use come from Ireland. The phrase the graveyard shift come. Okay, well let's start with this. We learned an Irish wake came from when people used to drink this alcohol that's now illegal, and it was so strong that it would make them seem dead, and so they would bear days for days. So they'd bury the with a bell attached to a rope. So then they said accidentally, yes, so they would have a finger of the dead maybe dead body attached to a bell on a rope, and so if you woke up in your coffin, you could ring the bell and be buried alive. So that's the phrase, and be saved, So that's the phrase, saved by the bell.
Speaker 1: The phrase by the bell came from, Yes, the.
Speaker 2: Graveyard shift came from people who were assigned to walk around the graveyard in case the bells got rod. And then the phrase an Irish wake comes from they started saying, you know what, this isn't really working because it turns out you didn't always hear the bell and people would just die. And so they decided to keep the bodies in the house for a few days after death and just see if they woke up.
Speaker 1: You would eat and drink, and it was an Irish wake, and if they woke up, it was a pleasant surprise. You imagine, just uncle Bob walks downstairs. Holy crap, I told you he wasn't dead us.
Speaker 2: And also, if you guys feel my accent is very bad, feel free to do you crushed it.
Speaker 1: Shit faced came from drinking all the whiskey during the fire. And a lot of great phrases that we have borrowed. Slash stolen have come from our friends in Ireland.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, have we stolen them? I don't know, because as Kevin told us, there's like they estimate something like eighty million people around the world have Irish descent.
Speaker 1: Which is interesting because it's such a small country and a small population of what four or five million?
Speaker 2: Well people really left her people really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the old great trip. We had a wonderful time. You never meet a stranger in Ireland.
Speaker 2: I also got to give a shout out to one of the best meals we've ever had. If you're in chapter in Dublin, Chapter one. The restaurant was it's a little bit pricey, but like not crazy, not as much expensive as it would be in America. And one of the best meals I've ever had. And you said you'd ever have, which is saying song, I would.
Speaker 1: Say, one of my top five favorite meals I've had in the world. It was just spectacular. It was wonderful.
Speaker 2: And then check out the seaside town of Hoth. We had a great time at hothe You you got an Irish accent. I don't know why in Hoth specifically.
Speaker 1: Because it's so easy to go up. Oh yeah, it was good. It was great to go, obviously, it's always fun to do an adventure with you, and it's good to be back home. It was sixty five degrees, zero percent in humidity, and now we are back in the opposite of that here in summer in Texas.
Speaker 2: I saw someone tweet the other day, I'm thinking about going to Dallas in August. Can anyone tell me what the weather's like? And somebody responded, have you ever been cremated? It's a little toasty and roasty here, but it didn't bother me.
Speaker 1: It's all good, you know what.
Speaker 2: A lot of people leave Texas for the full summer. Yeah, I don't want to do that, Like I like being instead, like, let's go on a little adventure here. Let's check this place out for a weekend. Then we'll come.
Speaker 1: Home, popping back and forth. Yeah, I don't like to be gone for that long either. We are going to be in Tahoe coming up in July. If you guys are going to be there. It's the American Century Golf Classic, the big celeb golf event run by American Century. I am so honored to have been invited. I will be there along with Taylor Swift's boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh, mister Kelsey's.
Speaker 1: Coming, both Kelsey's, Oh, Jason and Travis. The brothers. The brothers Kelsey will be there.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we got to see where Taylor's tour dates are. I wonder if the.
Speaker 1: Brothers Kelsey will be there, A bunch of other just huge celebs. It's a great time.
Speaker 2: You're excited because you correct me if I'm wrong. This was something you've been asked to plan before. You'd wanted to play but never could because of the show before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the show, but also when I was shooting Who Wants to Be a Millionaire this summer? That's what I want, So I could never have three, you know, a week off in July because I was always cranking out episodes. So I am really honored to be asked, and I'm so excited to be going. You're going to be there with me, So look for some great golf hilarity, high jinks content for Melsie. This is the week of July eighth, that week we're it there.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Tahoe before, so I'm very excited. It's gorgeous and I think I'm going to do a takeover of your phone. I'm going to do a social media.
Speaker 1: A good idea, that's a horrible idea, and a great idea, that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Continue to do it. By the way, Irelnda, you didn't golf. People were asking me, is Chris golf? And you didn't go flight.
Speaker 1: That's how much I love l Z and I just wanted to be with you.
Speaker 2: And truth, I've done it before. I have.
Speaker 1: I know I've done it. I played with my boys and had a great time. And this trip was not that.
Speaker 2: Wait, there was a cute bachelor moment and we were on our walking food tour tours of Dublin and you were like, wait, my god, I think we filmed on this street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we were walking down Temple Bar district. Right next door was this bar that we used during Caitlin Bristow's season of The Batcher because we shot in Ireland for a couple of weeks, and so I remember it was the if you guys remember it was the Irish Wake episode ironically, and I wish I'd known the story of the Irish Wake. I would have told that. But this is like, uh, I want to say Tanner was on this date Ben Higgins and what we did is We put uh Caitlin in a casket. It was an open casket, but in a casket, and the guys had to eulogize her prove their love with the ulgy, to prove their love.
Speaker 2: Who did the best?
Speaker 1: Us don't at all. I don't remember. I need to go back and check out that episode, but it was. It was, and I will say Caitlin, I give her a lot of credit because it's creepy, but she really leaned into it. It was funny because she couldn't stop giggling. We put her in this casket and it was so weird. It was such a bachelor bizarre thing to do, and we were just giggling like crazy. And so it was a funny day. We put a bunch of jamison in there and drinking whiskey. But so I went back to the exact spot where I did the stand up on the street there at Temple Bar, and we did it like eight in the morning so we could have the place to ourselves. So it was all dead, the bars weren't there, but it was funny walking by there and it all came back to me. I was like, crap, I've been here before. This is bizarre.
Speaker 2: Oh that's by the way, you know what I remember now, Caitlin laughing, you're right, and yeah it was cute because we didn't really know and then you were like, wait, this is the street we were on. So yeah, Ireland, Like again, thank you to the Irish people. They were so kind. We'll be able to talk in future what we were doing there because it was a works trip actually doing a little filming there, but thank you to the people of Ireland. We stayed at the Powers Court Hotel. It was beautiful, it's used for a lot of different filming and just loved in the temple Bar district was super fun. We went to the official Temple Bar pub, check out Chapter one restaurant, check out Kevin at Walking Food Tours and in Hoth this adorable seaside town. Do the cliff walk if you go. And we also loved Kish Fish. They had great oysters there. It's on the pier and the last place I don't I hope we can say this on our podcast, say Octopussy. It was a restaurant called Octopussy. Octopusy is that act? Is that a James Bond reference? Yes, of course it was an actual James Bond and that was in Hoth and that's right along the Peer and Hoth and that was delicious as well.
Speaker 1: Tapas, Yes, the monk fish octopusy. No reservations, no nothing. Uh, you have to to get in the queue que across uh and uh being the Boordain fans that we are because I'm such an Anthony Bourdain fan. Thank he was brilliant. We went and had a pint of guinness. You had your first pint while we were there at the Grave Diggers Pub on the other spot you went, which is the spot he went. So thank you Ireland. Good times and more to come as we did a little work over there as well. But there were some big headlines while we were gone and we got to we got to talk about some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, you mentioned one thing. You said that, oh Taylor Swift, because we were talking about.
Speaker 1: So she was in London, she was just a forty minute plane ride away over at Wimbley and.
Speaker 2: We were like the only ones not at this concert because an incredible crowd for her, I mean, congratulations to her because she fills up Wembley, what is it, ninety thousand people, massive stadium And at the tour you had Tom Cruise. You had, of course, Travis Kelce and he went on stage, which was very cool and fun for the fans. You had Greta Gerwig was there, so many people, and then Paul freakin McCartney Royals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, principally here, yeah, the Prince.
Speaker 2: I think it was so interesting that Paul McCartney was there and so fun because that does put in perspective for me her success. Like I saw someone say.
Speaker 1: The Beatles have come to see you play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I saw somebody say like, ay, do you think Paul looks around thinks this is what Beatlemania was like? And b someone else said, I'm going to forget who it was, but they said like their grandmother saw it and said, you know what's cool. It used to be that the girls all went crazy, like we all filled those arenas for Elvis and the Beatles. Now it's for a woman. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, this is the closest I can think, and I didn't. I wasn't. I'm old, but I'm not quite old enough to know the Elvis hysteria, but have seen it obviously. And then I caught the tail end of like Beatles and all that but that, to me is the closest thing where people are flying around the world. They're passing out, they're crying. It's emotional. It's this journey. She's captivated us, and the fact that a beatle is there kind of stamps it.
Speaker 2: Paul McCartney definitely a better dancer than Prince William. That little video of him dancing.
Speaker 1: Was But wouldn't you think you just look at him, he's just he's the most awkward.
Speaker 2: No, he can't, he can't his hips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like he's missing some joints.
Speaker 2: It's just, you know, what he's lived. He's grown up in such a weird environment. How could he learn to dance normally? I don't know. So then the controversy though, with of all people, this was so unexpected.
Speaker 1: To me, Where the hell did this come from?
Speaker 2: Dave Grohl made a comment at his own Food Fighters show, UH talked set Taylor Swift said her name, said we're on our Errors Tour, not our Errors Tour, and then said something like, but we actually play live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we play live, so they will make a ton of errors, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Insinuating she doesn't play live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't play live.
Speaker 2: My first reaction to this was I've interviewed Dave girl before. He was so nice, so grounded. I mean, that's my only experience with him. But all I've ever heard is he such a nice guy, and it just felt like, why, well he did.
Speaker 1: One thing I love about Dave Grohl is he's an amazing musician and he's all about the music. And he's played with so many different bands, from Food Fighters to so many others where he's collaborated. He's always about the music and inspiring people and the fact that it makes people happy and it draws people together. He seems like a very inclusive guy. So it just seemed like a really odd take and maybe, look, we all have an off day, we all have weird takes, so we'll chalk it up to bad timing, or maybe it.
Speaker 2: Came out we all knew what he was doing. He said it was purpose He literally said, and you don't want to incur the raft of the swifties.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to say this, Yeah, it was no, it was purposeful, and I'm not going to let him off the hook. He knew what he was saying. I'm just like, what, why, why? What was the point? What was the end result. You were hoping for out of this to piss off the Swifties, to start some sort of beef with Taylor Swift. First of all, you're going to lose. The Foo Fighters are great, but you're nothing compared to the power of the Swifties. As I'm sure he's finding out now, it was just a weird take and a very wrong take, because again, everything he seems to stand for is what Taylor stands for.
Speaker 2: Also, you can tell that she's singing and playing live like.
Speaker 1: A lot of times I'm sure you know, maybe when she's dancing and there's a lot of performative Broadway type stuff, maybe she isn't and there's a track, but who cares.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I mean maybe at some parts, which right, And when you're dancing, I mean, you're doing a three hour tour multiple nights in a row. Maybe you got to save your voice a little bit. But that doesn't bother me. Like I don't expect artists and by the way, honest sly the Foo Fighters doing it in choreo. I don't expect artists to dance and sing live at the same time all night long. That's just not even that doesn't even feel healthy to me. But when she's playing at the piano, you can hear her singing. When she's on her guitar, you can hear that she's So there's.
Speaker 1: Been famous moments where it was raining or something and there's been a mess up, so she would stop. The other night, she stopped in the middle of a song that and she was helping somebody that was in distress. There have been plenty of times where you've seen she's clearly singing and she stops and then we'll start again or get on piano, and you know, I remember the famous rain video and she stopped because something was kind of att of tune, and so she went over to the pia and it was like, so clearly she's let's not worry about the chops that she has.
Speaker 2: She's It was the bultual weird response.
Speaker 1: It was such a weird thing to say, Dave Girl, that was a miss, not miss huge big mess.
Speaker 2: So we are we are swifties in regard by the way, I was a Dave Girl fan. It's just such a weird take. So next up, I want to get into a potential moment where you might have made that headlines. Okay, we got a lot of people sending this our way the podcast Call Her Daddy with Alex Cooper. I guess they posted the like a picture of a date card and a rose, and she said, you know, surprise guests coming, And all these people were sending it to us being like, is this Chris, And in the comment servers like, I want it to be Chris, Chris, please spill the tea, Please have Chris Harrison on, which is so nice. It was not you. It is not you, not that I know of, no, but that made me wonder and I have never thought about it. We've never Would you do her podcast?
Speaker 1: Sure? One hundred percent. Yeah, I would do. I would do Call Her Daddy. I'd be fun. I mean, look the I understand that I've listened to it a couple of times that so I know in those interviews it reminds me a little bit of Howard Stern back in the day.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a big compliment.
Speaker 1: Howard Stern was a big fan of the Bachelor and watch and would talk about it a lot. And people are like, oh, you should do Stern and I'm like, yes, but I know what he will want. I know, you know, he's a really good interviewer. He will push you and try and you know, really get the goods. And at the time I was working on the show, I couldn't go there. I knew I couldn't give Howard Stern the interview that I would want to give a legendary interviewer like that with Call Her Daddy, I feel you kind of owe them the same respect. When somebody has a good, popular podcast, they're very successful, and I know how they are successful because they really push the interview envelope and they're very good at that. You want to, at least I do as a guest. I want to give them what they deserve, and that's a good, strong interview. And so I think I'm capable of that now. I wasn't prior, but I can now and I'm fine with that. So now I would absolutely do it, and I respect what they do and how they do it.
Speaker 2: What about how it gets there might be a couple of sexual questions for you on that podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, look, here's the thing. I am who I am. I'm not going to change when I go on and I like talk, you know, I'm still going to hold true to who I am.
Speaker 2: But I think it would be fun for you. Actually, yeah, fun.
Speaker 1: Find people trying to push me and make me feel uncomfortable. Nothing makes me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: That's why we're married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you push me to feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You don't think I ever push you.
Speaker 1: Of course you do. Yeah, Okay, that's why I love you so much as you do push me in every facet. No, So I was very but I was very flattered. You showed me the comments and I was looking at some of them. I was very flattered that everybody was excited that it might have been me on the show, and they gave me a lot of love. And that always makes me feel good because it makes me always go back to the one thing that you and I always talk about that I love most was my connection with you, my connection with the viewers and people that love the show. And I was excited that they thought, oh my gosh, Chris is going to be on this other thing I love. So it made me feel good and I love everybody for thinking.
Speaker 2: About it all right, from love to oh Love, Crashing and Burning. I want to talk about this Satelline. I don't know if everybody will know who she is, but Kelly Ben Simone I'm a Housewives fan Bravostance, sure, and she was one of the most gave us some of the best moments of TV ever on The Real Housewives of New York. She's no longer on the show, but if you remember Scary Island, one of my favorite episodes ever of reality TV, that was all Kelly.
Speaker 1: So she.
Speaker 2: Was going to get married and has just called off the wedding because the guy or fiance refused to sign a prenup. She tells People Magazine that she would then quote refuse to marry him. She said, to be clear, he refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, and I refuse to marry him full stop. So this was interesting to me because it just made me think, like, you know, what's your response to this? What do you think? I mean? You and I were never in this situation. But on the one hand, it makes sense to me. On the other hand, I'm like, how did they get here though.
Speaker 1: Clearly they Maybe it was no ongoing negotiation, We don't know. Maybe it was something that was spur of the moment and it came in late and he's like, whoa, you know, you've just moved the goalpost and changed the game, but clearly she has more to give and is protecting her assets and protecting her life. Who knows, I don't know her backstory at all, but clearly it's important to her. Here's the thing with prenupts and all of this stuff. It's something that you have to handle delicately, and both sides need to just be very open and honest about what it is. And if everybody feels like they're protected and taken care of, then you're good. Obviously he didn't feel that. She didn't feel that, and it's amazing that that is what ended up dissolving this entire relationship. Though. That's an amazing final step of we're not going to get married.
Speaker 2: I think what's kind of crazy to me is they've been engaged for almost a year. They got engaged fourth of July last year. In an official statement, she said, oh, their wedding was set for this weekend for June twenty ninth, and she called it off on Tuesday, June twenty fifth. Her statement said she was looking forward to an exciting new chapter in her life, but then everything with Scott became clear to her late on Tuesday afternoon. She said he thought that I would enter this union without legal protections in place, that I would leave everything to faith. But I've worked really, really hard as a single mother, and I've always made smart decisions for myself and my family, and that will continue. Well. I certainly respect her for that second part, But I just don't get how when the wedding's on Friday and it's Tuesday you still don't have the prenup thing worked out and then you call it off. That feels like the relationship was not doing is what you just said, of like really communicating, well, like maybe this is a good thing. We avoided this marriage to say.
Speaker 1: There may have been other issues and that maybe this union was not as strong as we may have thought heading into it. Or I mean, maybe the rug was pulled out from under one of them. You know, they felt like they were in agreement, was I Again, you don't know until you know all the facts from both sides.
Speaker 2: And when do you start the prenup conversation. I'm ahead of a.
Speaker 1: Wedding, I think it needs to be as soon as you know.
Speaker 2: I think it's pretty soon after you get it.
Speaker 1: I think as soon as after you get engaged. Obviously you bask in the glory, and then you start having that conversation very openly and honestly, and it's a give and take and you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Interestingly, I wouldn't say that you need to talk about it that much before you get engaged, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, because it's really and until you get to that step where you know you're going to get married, and then it's having that very honest conversation and typically it's you know, the give and take and back and forth. You realize, Hey, this is who I'm protecting. I want my kids to be, you know, taking care of this way. And you know your spouse or whoever will understand that and say, okay, great, as long as I feel protected too.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, it's just as long as everyone realizes what it is and it's not. It's not an fu clause. I think that's the old misnomer about it.
Speaker 2: It's hard for people to not see it a negative way. It's not.
Speaker 1: And I think that's the thing is prenup's got such a negative connotation for so long. It's actually a protection for both of you, and it's a very smart thing. And so it's it's an important thing that you talk through with Atney and both sides feel comfortable with it and everybody realizes it's for your own good. But if it's if it's taken as screw you. I just want you to know, if this thing goes south, you're dead to us and you're gone and you're penniless, then yeah, maybe that is a bridge too far.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Harry Potter TV series, it has just been announced, is going to hit HBO in twenty twenty six. So we have an official timeline on the previously announced series and it has found it's showrunner and director. Now where I might get you grabbed her, babe, is that there's some alumni from the show Succession coming to work on the new iteration of Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: Harry Potter beats Succession. I'm going to be a dark show.
Speaker 2: Hey, Harry Potter's darkness. It is dark. You've got Voldemort's trying to n't touch over the world.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm intrigued by the whole thought of a Harry Potter television series.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, tell me why.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know. It's such an epic film series and you encapsulated these moments in time of Harry's life and these kids growing up and so they felt just so again epic, so grand, so big and monumental. To have it like an eleven part series is I trust that they will do it right and handle it with great care, but it worries me that it feels diluted and feels smaller than well.
Speaker 2: See, that's interesting because they're trying to make it seem bigger, like their whole point. I even have the statement here this new Max Original series will dive deep into each of the iconic books. So dive deep into each of the iconic books. I think what they're playing off of is that an early criticism of the movies was that they didn't contain everything about the books. I mean, but the books are I think the longest one is nine hundred pages, so shockingly you can't forbid all that into a movie. But I also think like the best adaptations from book to movie or book to TV are the ones that capture the tone and have the most important scenes. Like I don't think any movie can ever fully faithfully adapt a book. I saw someone say about screenwriting the other day. Well, they said, basically, at the end of the day, every movie really just has a couple scenes you really remember, and that's so true. So when you think about it that way, when you're adapting a book to a movie, it's just really got to have the most important bits from the book. And to me, will I watch the show, Yes, it makes me a little more excited that they have some people from Succession because that makes me think the script's going to be really incredible and it's going to be really high level, I think, some serious talent. But I do think this is just a money grab. They're just trying to reinvest a new, a new in the inn in their one of their most their biggest assets, their.
Speaker 1: Biggest franchise as that's working these days.
Speaker 2: And I wish that they would have done and you're not going to know what this is, but I wish they would have been brave and bold and done something new, which I think people are crying out for new things in general. And that is a Marauders prequel series. Okay, So what that is is that that would be a series about Harry's parents and the first time everybody battled Voldemort.
Speaker 1: So you would want the prequel to exactly you would You would want the Star Wars version of this where we go back and do episode.
Speaker 2: One, absolutely, absolutely what's.
Speaker 1: The timing on this feels good? When was like the last Harry Potter movie released? Good question, it's been decade. Let me look up the exact year. I want to say late two.
Speaker 2: Thousand, fifteen years the last one came out Deathly Hollis Part two and twenty eleven, so it's been thirteen years.
Speaker 1: So that's a good that's a good amount of time. That generation has grown up and now we'll kind of watch this as adults.
Speaker 2: Oh here I am. But here's what I would argue. The movies hold up. It's not like they look dated and you need a new version.
Speaker 1: I think it's like now fifteen years later. By the time this thing actually comes out in twenty twenty six, it'll be fifteen years. I mean we're talking probably thirty years since the you know, the first one came out, So it's.
Speaker 2: Not been thirty years. It's been since two thousand and one. It's spent at least twenty Oh god, don't care, well twenty time comes out.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I think the timing is right to repurpose these you know movies. They do hold up, and they'll drive people back to watch them. But I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Are you saying? For the record, I'm.
Speaker 1: In you're going to watch Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is like me agreeing to watch golf, babe. Thank you. That feels huge.
Speaker 1: Hey, my story that you're not going to care about. I got to give a shout out to the nosebleed of the week, Texas A and M baseball coach Jim Slosnagel, who is now the head coach at the University of Texas. Here's my issue. For those of you that know, I started my career as a sport It's broadcaster as a journalist, and I would cover sports like college baseball. I covered college baseball at OUOSU back when it was the Big Eight. And actually A and M and Texas were involved in this. So Texas A and M went to the World Series. They just lost to University of Tennessee. By the way, Vall's congratulations those fans. They won the World Series for the first time in the history of their school. Very exciting. Peyton Manning was there, Morgan Wallen was there. Morgan and Peyton were hanging out, dapping each other up after the win. That was kind of cool. But anyway, in the press conference right after Texas a and m lost. Somebody clearly had the little insight and said, coach, I hear you might be heading to the University of Texas. Are you leaving? Is there any validity to the story that you're going to go to ut and become the new University of Texas baseball coach. This guy could have handled this in a number of ways. Hey, my boys just had their hearts ripped out. This isn't the time or placed to deal with that. There's plenty of time, Like we're still hurting. You know, that's not appropriate right now. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Instead, what he did is he tore into this journalist who did his job. This guy did his job, had a lead, asked the poignant question that he was supposed to ask, and the guy publicly ripped him apart. And this got magnified because this was played on ESPN. It was played all around the country. This poor guy asking a very good question that he had a lead on, and this coach, Jim Slosnagel, ripped him apart and staid the question was inappropriate, disrespectful, basically called the guy an idiot and publicly undressed him. Twenty four hours later, this nosebleed of a coach took the job at the University of Texas. So the question this guy asked was not only poignant, it was factual. And he was leaving and going to Texas. And one hundred percent this coach knew when he was berating this guy and publicly under dressing him and making him look like a fool, he knew it was accurate and he was going to take that job. That makes you the nosebleed of the week. Former Texas A and M baseball coach, now University of Texas coach. Maybe our neighbor Jim Slosnagel.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're really having fun not sound say that.
Speaker 1: It hit me hard because I you know, you were a journalist. I was a sports journalist. I've been in those rooms where a coach just undresses you. But it just happened amongst your peers. Now this thing got played nationally. Not cool, coach, not cool. Be better, That's all I'm going to say. If you're coming to live in Austin with us, be better. His press conference is today. I will watch his press conference because he's going to get hammered rightfully, So I.
Speaker 2: Mean it is it's tough. We just have to remember humanity a little bit, like because moments like that, like you just said, and was the journalist a young journalist?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, So you know he's starting out, he's figure it out, and now it's like, like, you know, nobody has the chance to figure things out anymore.
Speaker 1: You know what you may have done to that kid, like it really may have like ruined him.
Speaker 2: We had one of our kids friends, they had some friends over to our house and he and I were chatting and he was like literally asking me, Wow, so what was it like to like be in college and not have camera phones everywhere? Like you could just like kind of he goes, so you guys could just like make mistakes and not worry it would affect your whole life. And I was like, wow, they feel the weight of this. You know.
Speaker 1: The good news is I feel like this generation is aware of it now and they're they're course correcting our mistakes.
Speaker 2: Back to the flip phones. Everybody, let's go. So they're okay, I'll be honest, I did not. I had not heard about that story. I don't want to shock you, no, So thank you for defending the young journalism. Oh quick show wreck. I just started watching Presumed Innocent with Jake Jillenhall flying through it really good shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, then I'm gonna get my show wreck.
Speaker 2: Then, okay, what is it?
Speaker 1: Mayor of Kingstown? You are such a stud. He's so good and the fact that he came back from death to do this, he's so good.
Speaker 2: He literally got run over by yes life.
Speaker 1: But it is such a good show. And I am just now getting into the middle of the whole series because I started late and started watching it, and man, I am hooked. It is so it's dark, it's rough, but man, the acting, the writing, it is Uh, mister Sheridan, I think this guy's onto something. I think he's going to be pretty good.
Speaker 2: Taylor Sheridan, creator Yellowstone and he does Kingstown as well. Sure right, Well, thank you everybody for listening. We're glad to be back home, although we have some more travels ahead this summer, and hope that you're getting some fun summer vacations with your loved ones as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, July fourth is coming up. Wish everybody the best, be safe, love each other, We love you, thank you, and we will do it again next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most attic pod Ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.