Speaker 1: Also media.
Speaker 2: This is it could happen here. Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garson Davis. Today I'm joined by Mia Wong, James Stout, and Sophie Lichterman. This episode, we are covering the week of May fifteen to May twenty. First, Joe Biden has prostate cancer. There's anti natalist terrorism, and the DHS is maybe gonna do a reality TV show. Probably not, but it's a bad plan. How are we doing this week?
Speaker 3: That's a trifector from hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so bad.
Speaker 5: This one's so bad. It's really I have to do the laughing like right here, because good Lord, like, oh many many of these weeks are bad. This one's particularly bad.
Speaker 3: I don't know, DHS reality show.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that at the at the ending segment. Sure, Hey, this is Gear from the Future cutting in. We recorded this a few hours before some pretty major news, the shooting of two Israeli embassy staff in DC. We will be talking about this in next week's Executive Disorder, as well as the new budget bill, which targets trends healthcare. Now back to the episode, I think let's start with, you know, a brief acknowledgment of Joe Biden's prostate cancer. What was Jill doing to him? Oh my god, Garrison.
Speaker 4: You could have said that at the bottom, man, you didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm allowed to say that because I'm the most gay, guye coded person on the podcast, which is saying something so so yes then and now, because we live in a truly sick world. Scott Adams couldn't even let.
Speaker 3: He couldn't let him have his moment.
Speaker 2: He couldn't even let Joe Biden have his moment. This anti Biden hatred has transcended so far that's got Adams couldn't even let Biden have this moment and announced the same day that Scott Adams has the exact same type of prostate cancer. So two down, Biden down, Dilbert down. Big week for prostate cancer.
Speaker 3: And boy, how do you have people been weird about it on the internet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get into how long he maybe has known he's had it. He's he's had skin cancer removed before. I think that ship has mostly sailed. I think our opinions on Biden are pretty are pretty well, pretty well documented. Yeah, so I don't think we can dedicate much more much more time to this.
Speaker 5: Okay. The one important note that I will say is, if you have a prostate get checked for prostate cancer. Yeah, like, yeah, get the screening. It's good, it'll help.
Speaker 4: You, unless you are over seventy five, in which case I think most people don't get screened for it, right because it's slow.
Speaker 3: Gross.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Biden's over seventy five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why somewhat I thought it was somewhat remarkable part of the issue there.
Speaker 1: I mean, all I can say is about once a month I think about how at the DNC those thank you Joe Chance lasted four seconds.
Speaker 2: I have actually been thinking about the thank you Joe Chance for a lot of this time yes week. Frankly, you had to be there. Yeah, it's one of the most it's one of the most horrifying, horrifying things. As they let this like very clearly dying old man out to pasture because like you know, kinds are diagnosis aside, very clear he was in some some degree of decline.
Speaker 4: We don't need to retread this.
Speaker 2: This is this is pretty well known, but no, I have been thinking about how that whole auditorium broke out and chanting thank you Joe for like nearly five minutes.
Speaker 3: And then the following the rest of the week not a single mention it was done that day.
Speaker 2: It was wild anyways, So yeah, ri Ip Dilbert, I guess let's move on to anti natalist terrorism. So I've learned this week that people don't know what anti natalism is, which, as someone who grew up in Portland, is kind of surprising to me because there was some very very prominent, like anti naedalist protesters who were set up downtown outside of Powell's books pretty frequently, and we kind of all grew accustomed to them, and honestly, I'm a little bit sympathetic to their arguments. I understand where they're coming from. Anti natalism is the belief that procreation is unethical. This can be based on the idea that there's been like this rapid increase in human population which is on extensive damage to the planet, or that's simply being born is inherently a non consensual act, especially being born into a world with high levels of suffering. So these people opt to do not have children. As this ethical standpoint, everyone's entitled to their own choice. You don't need to agree with it, but whatever. Now, interestingly, this past weekend there was a quote unquote active terrorism that has been linked to anti natalist philosophy. I'm just talking about this as it is an instance of kind of the brain ratification of this entire society and the reditification of terrorism combined with this growing sense of like nihilism driving violent extremist actions. No one was killed except for the perpetrator alleged for perpetrator in this in this incident, but I still think this is worth talking about as it can be seen as in a sequence of weird terrorism. This is something that Robert's canna be working on for a piece later later down the line. Right, this is not the first car bomb this year. We had the Tesla Tesla cyber truck explosion earlier, which was similarly kind of a weird, a weird incident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one was.
Speaker 5: I think that one, I think was the official inauguration of the years a lead paint which were perpetually living in now.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I mean the gas leak here if you will, Yeah, so yes, on Saturday, maybe seventeenth the car bomb went off outside a fertility clinic in Palm Springs, California, killing the suspect, twenty five year old man named Guy Edwards Barks. The FBI is calling this a quoe unquote intentional act of terrorism. The clinic was closed when the explosion happened. The building was severely damaged, but no embryos were harmed. Investigators believe that the suspect attempted to live stream the bombing, with a website being found online that appeared to be in connection to the incident, where the suspect describes himself as a quote unquote pro mortalist.
Speaker 4: Slightly slightly different, Yeah, correct.
Speaker 2: It is more of an affirmative version of anti natalism, where you want to actually take concrete steps to like decrease the population of the planet, not necessarily in a way that's like promoting like the mass killing of individuals. He says, quote understand, your death is already guarantee and you can thank your parents for that.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: All a pro mortalist is saying is let's make it happen sooner rather than later to prevent your future suffering and more importantly, the suffering your existence will cause to all others sent to you. That's his definition of a promortalist. It can be lily to other philosophies that encourage like self harm and ending your own life as a conscious choice. On its website, he discussed his goal of quote sterilizing this planet of the disease of life unquote great and declared the need for a quote unquote war against pro lifers. His website also highlights other philosophies such as negative utilitarianism, ethlism, abolitionist veganism. Quote. Basically, philosophies that have realized religion is are worded that there is objective value in the universe and it lies in the harm being experienced by sentient beings. So although it may seem quote unquote dark, it's the polar opposite of nonsense like nihilism.
Speaker 4: Unquote.
Speaker 2: Negative utilitarianism is something that comes up a few times on his site as well. This is the viewpoint that instead of positive utilitarism where we're trying to maximize, you know, human pleasure, this is trying to minimize suffering, human suffering and like the suffering tied to existence and the like aggurate suffering as well as if you if there's more people, and there's going to be more suffering. So you should both make choices in your own life that that may that may limit your suffering, but also make sure that you don't reproduce, because then even more suffering will happen because of your actions through your children.
Speaker 5: This is the most barious shit I've ever heard of my entire goddam very West Coast.
Speaker 4: This is yeah, like twenty nine Palms is not It's not the West Coast.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of this is in conversation with like the rationalist subculture rationalist. It's like it offers different solutions.
Speaker 5: These these people shouldn't be allowed to use computers for like fifty years, like just a ban on California using computers.
Speaker 2: This is all like like deeply online stuff like these are These are popular websites, subreddits like YouTube channels. These are people who are dealing with like, you know, pretty intense existentialism depression who then channeled into this like semi niche like online community and online philosophy. Now Guy's best friend, a self described quote vegan rad feme anti natalist, recently arranged her own suicide by having her boyfriend to shoot her while she.
Speaker 3: Was what what what correct?
Speaker 2: Yes, this was This was the the bomber's best friend who died very recently, like last month, and guy claims that they were both quote unquote anti sex, missandrists with borderline personality disorder, and he admits that her death quote unquote put him over the edge.
Speaker 5: This is the most. This is the most online like like like best vegan best friend, anti natalist, has her boyfriend shoot her is the most.
Speaker 2: Even though her her anti natalist tumblr page has like women loving women, anti gender ideology, miss andry stuff and yet still has a sisterender boyfriend. In many such cases, so yeah, you can see how this type of a community gets like fostered and people make online friends and then encourage their own self destruction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to destroy the Internet.
Speaker 2: A quote that he has on his website is quote, I've known for years now that I wasn't going to allow myself to make it.
Speaker 4: Past my twenties unquote.
Speaker 2: And like this is a sentiment I hear even a lot of like young people saying is this, like this like belief that they're not going to survive their twenties, like their belief that like the world is so bent on destruction that I'm probably not going to make it out of my twenties right now, and that that that changes the kind of choices that young people are making, and this is this is getting increasingly common.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. I think it's a very different world to be growing up in than like the late teenage, early twenties of you know, like millennial people.
Speaker 2: The millennial world.
Speaker 4: It's very it's very different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we had manifestations of this in that millennial era, right, I think it got kind of pushed into this, like like nihilistic school shooter culture, which you still see remnants of now in the true krime of community. There is some crossover between an act like this and some of like the school shooter fandom the Columbiner stuff, especially considering the resurgence of Columbiner culture that we're currently seeing right now in the United States. But yeah, the general sense of like widespread dread and the interconnectedness of this is more unique.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I keep thinking about that Hunter S. Thompson quote about like those poor bastard troop but when after nine to eleven, don't know, the party's over. The party is over, and yeah, welcome to hop.
Speaker 2: So the suspect's dad said to reporters that Guy had a childhood obsession with pyrotechnics. He set the family home on fire and burned it down he was nine. He made rockets, stink bombs, smoke bombs as a child. Videos on YouTube, likely posted by Guy show m eighties exploding in the desert, a hydrogen balloon being set, a blaze, and a bucket of radioactive uranium?
Speaker 4: Or is that what did he obtain that like out there in Wonder Valley?
Speaker 2: This is still being investigated. His voice in these videos matches the thirty minute audio manifesto explaining his motivation for the attack, same quote. Basically, it just comes down to I'm angry that I exist and that you know, nobody got my consent to bring me here. Basically, I'm anti life, and IVF is kind of like the epitome of pro life ideology.
Speaker 4: Unquote.
Speaker 3: This is out there.
Speaker 4: Is there any information on the I'm just because a lot of explosives and other munitions have gone missing. Twenty nine Palms people, My familiar is a town near ish to Palm Springs, near it to Joshua Tree. There's a pretty big military base. Yeah. Yeah, it's the big marine corde like detO warfare training.
Speaker 2: Explosives have gone missing there before. The basic claims that they've been recovered. It is unclear what explosives he used at this point. It was a pretty large explosion. Investing are low key impressed at this explosion.
Speaker 3: Like it was.
Speaker 4: It was what they said in that official statement, if you read between the lines, they're like surprised at how effective this car bomb was.
Speaker 2: Again, this was a guy who spent a lot of time online, a lot of time on Reddit. It seems like he got obsessed with this. He had a fascination with explosives at a young age. So that obsession combined with this anti natalist obsession and this urge for self destruction manifested in this action.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This this week, Reddit banned anti natalist, anti life subreddit allegedly frequented by bomber.
Speaker 4: I dude, just want to say that this is I think the only IVS clinic in the Coachella Valley, So like for people who are accessing those services, that's a serious disruption, right M Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 2: So I, me and Robert are going to talk more about kind of this trend that we're seeing in in extremism or or in extremist acts. I still don't like the nihilist buy an extremism term, but we are seeing elements of that getting more and more common, especially to my with the true crime community, which essentially tries to encourage young girls to commit school shootings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess to finish up, I just want to say that, like, I know, it's a really hard time right now. A lot of people are trying to find ways to cope or feeling like they can't cope or feel like they're not enough.
Speaker 2: I guess hopelessness. This sort of like existential nihilism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I've combined that with a lot of people who work for the government fundly finding themselves out of work, and you know the economic pressure that puts on people. And I understand that people are pretty in a tough spot right now who want to save very briefly obviously, like the world is more beautiful with you in it, and if you're experiencing suicidal ideation or mental health struggles. A couple of resources I want to suggest, the Fireweed Collective and the Jane Adams Collective. Adams spelled with two d's, there a double Dams. We will have links to both of them in the showdoes you can also put them into Duck dut go And they were the first responses that came up for me. If you need those resources, reach out to them as people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's good to see the sunrise, and it's better to see the sunrise with everyone you love in it. And yeah, that's that's a thing that you can make sure you do every day.
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, James, thanking me a. We're gonna go and break and then come back to discuss immigration. All right, we're back, James. I see the amount of text you have. This is a very long section jail of text.
Speaker 4: I assume this is all good news. So let's uh, let's hear it all right, Garyson, I'm so glad that you have seen my wall of text because I have been looking at court documents for days. So much fun on pacer.
Speaker 2: You have been pacer posting in the group chats.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I have been court listener as well. Okay, so this is one of the more insane things I've seen on pacer. In a minute. I'm talking about the case here of mister NM, who was identified at some point and we'll get an m NM. Yeah, it's not uncommon for migranty in these kind of high profile cases to be anonymised where they can right just for their safety. So NM received a final removal order in Nebraska in twenty twenty three, and on the seventh of May, DHS attempted to apport an m to Libya. You'll remember that we covered that week's ed right, they did not manage to do that. And in this court case, we've seen from another detainee that one of these detainees was given a document to sign and told that he would quote be a free man in Libya after signing. Obviously unclear how one can be a free man when one is just dumped into a country when one does speak the language, has no contact, there is a war.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make sense in any way.
Speaker 4: This man is not from Libya, that's correct. None of these people are Libyan.
Speaker 5: And again, whenever seven someone says the the word Libya, you have to figure out which Libyan government you are talking about, because there are multiple of them, because there is a fucking civil war going on there right now.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and whenever someone talks about people being free in Libya, we should bear in mind that migrants are literally sold into slavery in Libya by both governments. Yes, M's English is limited. His main language is Karene, which of course is a language that people speak in Cartule, the Karen home land, which is part of Miaanmar. On the nineteenth of this month, that's two days ago, I sent a notification to his lawyer saying that they'd read him a notice of removal in English that they were removing him to South Africa. Ten minutes later, they attempted to recall this message, and then later that same day they notified his lawyer that they'd once again read notice of removal to him in English, that he was being removed to South Sudan. South Sudan the world's youngest country, if we're not familiar, a country that is in which conflict is escalating as we speak, governments carrying out a barrel bombing campaign this very week. His councils set up a video meeting at nine am on the twentieth, but just before that meeting, his council found out that he had already been removed. Mister M had refused to sign the order of removal to South Sudan and we're seeing right now in a court case. It's a class action. Mister NM is one of the members of the class. Right that there was a preliminary injunction against these people being removed because they are the same people who the Trump administration previously tried to remove to Libya, and at this point they tried to remove them to South Sudane. Before they are sent to these places, they're supposed to have a reasonable fear screening right. That is where someone can articulate if they have a reasonable fear of being removed to that country, right like if they will be persecuted there, they're likely to face torture or violence, or or be picked on because of who they are. Right then they're supposed to have a fifteen day opportunity to submit a motion to reopen if the Department of Home out Security finds that they don't have reasonable fear.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So they're supposed to be this process where they can say I have a reasonable fear of going there, if I go there or be persecuted, and if the AHPs says, nobody don't believe you, then they have fifteen days to submit Okay, more evidence.
Speaker 1: Right are they being allowed to do that or no.
Speaker 4: No, got it. That is what this case hinges on. Right. So they were informed, possibly hours before they were moved to South Sudan that they were being moved to South Sudan. Then they were taken to a secure facility where they couldn't contact their lawyers. And in at least the case of mister NM, he had scheduled an appointment with his lawyer and was deported before he could do so. Right, And this is seven a few times before as well. Yeah, that's correct in the past few months, that's right. Yeah, and specifically, there was a primary injunction against this right. So, quoting from Judge Murphy, who is judging the Massachusetts District Court where this is being held, the government's actions are unquestionably violative of this court order. The government said they have complied with my order because they didn't hear anyone yelling at their jailers that they are afraid to go to South Sudan. This is clearly insufficient. Yeah, So what he's articulating here is like this chance to articulate reasonable fear. Right. I do want to point out that in Biden's asylum ban that he passed in twenty twenty four, they move from a question of are you afraid to go back to your home country to what's called a shout test, where the migrant has to articulate that reasonable fear unprompted right to have a chance at asylum in the United States. So this again, like all these immigration things, I'm not saying things what the same under Biden by I'm saying that there is a pathway to how we got here, and it goes through Biden's executive boarder.
Speaker 2: And like Miller is very willing to use anything in his toolbox.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, yeah, and anything that look for decades, castro or liberalism has built a series of tools which now lie in the hands of a very illiberal government right and they are being used against people for whom those who supported castor or liberalism may have some sympathy. That is how we got here. That's a good way of putting in. So the situation we are at right now is that these people were flown seemingly in a Gulf Stream jet. Gillian Brockell, who's a formula Washington Post reporter who were going to have on the show next week, was able to identify this jet based on where it took off and its call sign it's stopped in Shannon in Ireland. Notably, Shannon is an Irish civilian airport, right, it's not a US air Force base. This does raise some questions within Ireland, within Irish politics about Irish neutrality here. Right. The jet then flew onto Djibouti, which it is believed is where the migrants are. Right now, in court the discussion probably half an hour before we recorded this, DHS is claiming that they can do their credible fear interviews there on the tarmac in this plane, which people are saying is in Jobouty. Right, there's some suspicion that it's in Jobouty. DHS is claiming that the location of the plane is classified, but this widespread belief that this plane is currently in Djibouoty, including as I say, Julian was first and hy T published something that didn't credit her. Should have credited her. So to do the credible fear into you, right, they have to have a chance to research what will happen to them in South Shoda, They have to have access to a lawyer. Most of these people like mister NM will also have to have a translator. Right then, they will also have to have privacy, right, their credible fear may be something they don't want to share with everyone else on that plane because that could also put them in danger.
Speaker 1: Yes, also, just like that's a baffling place to suggest somebody have that intimate or private of a conversation. It's just such a violation of their human rights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, many human rights being violated here. So yeah, I mean, the US has a big base in Jibouti, right, so I imagine that's why they're there. Remember that they have that fifteen day period, So if DHS finds that they don't have credible fear, then they will have fifteen days right to bring another to reopen that. Where will they be housed? Somewhere in fucking drabooty presumably if that's where they are, right. There are many many unanswered questions at this point. Now, last night we learned that one of the Burmese people, it appears that there are two Burmese people. We know this because the Department of Homeland Security today started tweeting mugshots of these people Jesus yeah and uh wow, yeah, claiming that they were convicted of various crimes. Among them were two Burmese men and m appears to be Nio Miant and the other appears to be Cure Mea. Both of these men have been accused of various a big convicted, I believe of sex crimes, and that's where they got their removal orders. Other people among the dozen or so people on the plane have been convicted of some of them like one of them is South Sudanese and he was convicted of removing the serial number from a firearm and of armed robbery, others, murder, and and various other fairly serious crimes. Right, none of that means that you should just get dumped in South Sudan, right that it's not a punishment in US law. It is not a morally or legally acceptable thing to do.
Speaker 3: It's just truly baffling, honestly. Like that, that's what they're doing.
Speaker 2: That's the move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the move is to send themselves Sudan where It's worth noting that South Sudan's government have said it will probably send these people back to their home countries. Sure, evidently the reason they are not being sent there is because they have articulated a fear of going there, or they have protection. It's called withholding of removal right, so they can't be removed to that country and basically that is where at evidents they manage to remove. Apparently somebody to Burma today or late last night. I'm still waiting on my sources in me and mart to confirm that they the Burmese hunter is as leaky as a sieve. Right, If those people are land that we will know about it pretty soon. We have pretty good sources in Burma, so if that happens, we will know. They also discussed another party, right, someone who goes by OCG, a gay guatemrlon man who asserted credible fear of being returned while in immigration court. He was deported to Mexico, where he also asserted credible fear. Mexico gave him a choice of remaining Mexico going to Guatemala. He went to Guatemala where he is now in hiding. The DHS claimed he said he didn't have credible fear, and then later reverse that and said they didn't ask. So the judge is now asking how on earth they got this conclusion he didn't have credible fear and deported him. He's saying he might potentially put DHS officers on the stand to explain how this happened. In other immigration news, Ice just today this is Wednesday has apparently been dismissing court cases against people who turn up for hearing an immigration court and then immediately arresting them. What the fuck right there.
Speaker 3: In Jesus fucking Cross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, it's a little unclear what the movie here, but clearly they're trying to remove them in a more expeditious way. Right, they have a court case, try to remove this person, they're saying.
Speaker 2: Because the court case has, like you know, a certain amount of time needs to process. If they dismiss the court case, then.
Speaker 4: They may have a right to appeal and yeah, but.
Speaker 2: If it's dismissed, then they can expedite other like non judicial removal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they can do what they're doing here. Yeah, they can try and get and run people out before they have a chance to get to their lawyer. Right. Like that seems to be the underlying team of all of these things, which is that your due process and your right under the law are two time consuming, So we're going to try and make an run around your rights by sending you to somewhere fucking horrific. That is the underlying theme here. Unfortunately, this removal will likely now affect a lot more people because a Trump administration has removed the twenty twenty three Temporary Protected Status of Thenezualan People. We talked about TPSS in my Darian series. The TPS provides protection from deportation to people who are already present in the US when it passes. Generally, it's if a country has experienced war or other like instability that makes it dangerous. You have to apply for the TPS. They don't provide a pathway to permanence or citizenship, but they do give people work authorization and they often have to be frequently renewed by the Executive branch. You have to be in the US the day it's issued, so you can't enter after. Despite what you might have seen on Twitter or whatever, that's not the case right. It also doesn't count as a legal entry, so you can't use the bridge to a green card. Trump stripped this protection from about three hundred and fifty thousand Venezuelans under the twenty twenty three TPS. This does not impact There are two different tps's for Venezuelan people. They're in a bit of a unique situation. The quarter of a million people covered by the twenty twenty one TPS are still for now covered by that, but it doesn't exactly bode well for them. Right. This appears to be the largest blanket removal of legal status from a group of people in the United States history. And it's a little clear what this means for the three hundred and fifty thousand Venezuelan people currently residing in the US under TPS. Right, but it's another case of like, by their compliance, isolutorly probably knows where they live. So these people, it's possible that we will see deportations of these people back to Venezuela. Again, the situation in Venezuela is dire.
Speaker 3: It's a place where just so many people too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like I think again, if people haven't listened to my Darien series, I would like that because I've got a lot of myself into it. But I have a great affection for Venezuelan migrants. I've spent a lot of time in Caracas when I was younger, and I've spent a lot of time with them in the Darien Gap and then when they arrive in the United States, and yeah, it's really fucking heartbreaking to hear. Like, when you think of three hundred and fifty thousand people, understand that a good number of those people will be little children, right, people who never had any agency, People whose parents risked their lives to give their kids a chance at a better future, and that's been ripped away from them right now with the consent of the Supreme Court.
Speaker 5: Like, if you're removing three hundred, like dred thousand people from our country, that's just straight up and ethnic cleansing, Like, that's what that is.
Speaker 4: It's about a third of the Venezuelans living in the United States right now, right, Like, it's it's way more than decimating. Yeah, obviously we will see what legal recourses people have. We'll see how this goes down. But obviously very concerning for these people whose country is falling apart and being returned there will be terrible for them, right, Like, not only will they likely have none of their savings, all of the resources they poured into getting here, but they're also likely to face political persecution. So yeah, that's all the exciting and uplifting news I have from the immigration side of things. He everyone, it's James with a pickup today Me and man Now is reporting that the United States has deported twenty people since April. To Me and Maar. Most of those people, seven of them have been released. The remainder of those people are being held by Burmese military intelligence in a prison that is notorious for torture, sexual violence, and the general inhumane treatment of incarcerated people that we've become very familiar with in our writing about Me andma We don't know who these people are yet. Obviously, there's a story that I'm looking into and I will continue to get back to you on. But it seems like somehow we have not been aware of this until now, but dozens of people have been deported. They're saying that twenty seven people in total are expected to be deported, and twenty already have. So obviously this is very disturbing news and something we'll keep reporting on. Well.
Speaker 2: Thanksgiving us updated on that, James. We're going to go on break in return to talk about the FBI, Palestine, and some exciting new reality TV. I'm sad, okay, we are back. First, I want to do some quick updates about the FBI. A cash Battel has announced that he's shutting down the FBI's DC headquarters in dj Edgar Hoover Building. Around fifteen hundred agents will be transferred around the country. And in this same interview, Cash Hotel and Dan Bongino went on TV to say that Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide and of course Mega yax very normal to this.
Speaker 4: What do they have on this deepstick's gone to them?
Speaker 7: You said, Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide.
Speaker 4: People don't believe it.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, listen, they have a right to their opinion. But as someone who has worked as a public defender, as a prosecutor, who's been in that prison system, who's been in the Metropolitan Detention Center, who's been in segregated housing, you know a suicide when you see one, and that's.
Speaker 5: What that was.
Speaker 4: They killed himself.
Speaker 5: Again, you want me to get I've seen the whole file. He killed himself.
Speaker 1: I'm upset because I forgot that Dan Bongina was a person.
Speaker 2: Yea, let me too, Oh, I have not forgotten. This is my beat. I so yes, of course Mega is acting very normal about the affirmation that Epstein killed himself.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm losing confidence in them both. This is not good at all cool.
Speaker 3: Let me read one, Let me read one. Let's do this. This is fun.
Speaker 1: Sad to see Cash and Bengino have been compromised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your turn, Dan, blink twice if they threatened you or your family.
Speaker 4: Now I got to do what right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, deep state traitor d Ei.
Speaker 2: Higher Oh classic class.
Speaker 4: There it is, there, it is. I knew it was coming as much as he likes to wear his CU hunting gear.
Speaker 2: But no, there's there's thousands, thousands of comments from these like like mega Q people who feel feel the trade, that people like Patel and Bengino have spent years doing content creation talking about this grand Epstein conspiracy that now now they claim isn't real or they are in fact covering up the real conspiracy that that Donald Donald Trump's friends with Jeffrey Epstein's. So yeah. There's also an interview clip where where Trump I was asked if he was going to release the whole file, and at first he said yes, and then he caught himself and was like, well, actually no, we'll probably be we'll probably be careful about releasing the whole file because it could compromise people, Like what kind what kind of people you're talking about their don anyway, we have a chance.
Speaker 5: Of swinging the Epstein demographic. That is our time division to our enemies.
Speaker 3: The next thing of the doc is I found interesting Gerson.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is just one piece of uplifting news. Yeah, this is I'm just gonna read the headline from VA because I simply can't improve on it.
Speaker 3: No, it's perfect.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 2: Suspected serial killer shouts out Trump in last words before he's put to death, Keep making America great. Glenn Rogers once told police he had killed about seventy people. He was executed by lethal injection Thursday in Florida.
Speaker 3: That's the way that I knew it would be Florida.
Speaker 2: Literally seconds before he got the lethal injection, he said, President Trump, keep making America great. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 4: Last words.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that kind of shows you the current, like wellspring of Trump's support right now. That's really hitting his prime demographic of suspected serial killers.
Speaker 4: I just have to.
Speaker 3: Say that had big Florida energy.
Speaker 4: For real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's time to hear the lucid lullaby of tariff talk.
Speaker 6: The lock locking jazz bo rocket jazz bot Sorry, locket jazz bob locking jazz Bob.
Speaker 5: You know, all right, before everything gets so so like I do the most depressing segment I've maybe ever done on.
Speaker 4: Here, tariffs that can't be true.
Speaker 5: No, not the teriff, but the next one I genuinely think is the most impressing secon I've ever done on here, but the tariffs. So our negotiations with China that we're supposed to like solve all of the tariff problems are already breaking down. Both sides are like sniping at each other. This is not gonna work. It structurally cannot work. That the US's demands the negotiating table, which is again the political we're economic rationale behind this, is that the US should not have a trade deficit with China that can't be solved, and it's already breaking down. The talks are going almost certainly going to fail, and we're going to be right back to where we were. It's also worth talking about a bunch of companies have been doing ice raises, and I think it's worth going back a little bit to some of the some of the economic work we've done in this show with the people as Strange Manners and talking about in our previous episodes about inflation about how price works, because this is really really badly understood by just about everyone, which is that the way that people think about tend to think about price is as like, okay, it's supply and demand. There's two axes they meet in a graph. That's not how price is set. Price is set by like specific people in supply chains, right, Like, they're constrained by certain factors. And one of the biggest things, and one of the things, the biggest things they're constrained about, is that if you raise prices, people get pissed at you. But the way that they actually do pricing strategies is cost plus markup. Right, There's a cost of the physical good and then they do a markup and the markup is a profit margin. And the thing about tariffs, right, is that the way the tariffs affect supply chains is that each part of the supply chain now that's moving, that's importing stuff, right, each part of those things now has an additional cost that they have to have to put into their costless markup.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 5: Now, Trump wants all these companies to just fucking eat shit and eat eat the price of the tariffs. He's been tweeting about this or posting a I think on truth social and possibly also on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Truth Again, all of his truths have been re reposted on exos.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, retruthed.
Speaker 5: But the thing is right and in theory, right, like Walmart could just like take this right in theory, like like you know, like they're really some of the really really big companies could in theory do this. They won't, like they a lot of any other. Thing is like these companies have an incentive not to raise prices because it pisses consumers off. And also because Trump is just direct like directly threatening sanctions on companies that raise prices. Mattel for the people who make Barbie, said that they were going to raise prices on toys and Trump is now threatening them with one hundred per sanctions or one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Tariffs only three dolls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's you know, the government limited dolls, completely hindish situation. We've gotten here. We're gonna have doll quotas. Uh. But you know again again it's it's worth men right that like in theory, for a little bit of time, some of these companies can sort of eat this or they can fuck with their supply chains and the company has been publicly talking about this. The problem is the suppliers, because the distributors tend to have pretty high margins, right, like your Walgreens, like Amazon a sub except like their margins are okay, and like Amazon makes most of us money from government computing contracts in any ways, so it's not as catastrophic. But the suppliers operate on very low margins. The shipping companies, everything else along the supply chain operates on really really low margins, right, And those people have to raise their price because otherwise they are just going to die. And when they raise their price right in, that's an increase to the next company's costless markup, which increases the next company's costless market, which decreases the next companies. And we're starting to see this ripple to the supply chain. Things are disappearing from grocery stores. They're going to continue disappearing from grocery stores. And as as this goes on, and as presumably the terrifts from China come back into effect when these negotiations break down and the next round of tariffs goes into effect, and deliberate day tariff's come off their ninety day pause and go to effect. This is all gonna get worse. This this has been tariff talk lovely. Uh, this unfortunately was the fun part of the episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna get worse Free two one.
Speaker 5: Okay, So when I said this might be the bleakest segment I've ever done on this show, we need to do an update on Palestine because things have gotten ye. Like, when when I was kind of opening this episode, I thought it was gonna mostly be about Trump's plan to like deport the entire popular, like deport most of the population of Palestine to Libya. That's not even the immediate crisis. The immediate crisis is that, and that's this. That's not even sure what I'm saying the immediate crisis. Last week, I thought the crisis was going to be the eleven week blucket of Gaza and the fact that everyone is about to starve. Yeah, and so the actual specific thing that we're getting to right now is Israel. It is attempting to evacuate. That's their wording. What they're actually doing is ethnically cleansing basically the entire population of Conunis by just forcing everyone out of the city. Right. The United Nations has said that Nearly one hundred thousand Palestinians have been displaced in Gaza in the last four days as Israel has been expanding its its ground invasion to the Gaza strip. This has been combined with the eleven week long blockade of Gaza. I think by the end of this week, the week twelve, this has set off an enormous risk of famine. I'm just going to read this from Al Jazeira. Quote some seventy days after the Israelian military halted the entry of food, water, medicine and all other life saving supplies into Gaza, the report said. This is a report from a UN a UN backset of food security group of analysts. The report said, quote goods indispensable for people's survivals survival are either depleted or expected to run out in the coming weeks. Quote. The entire population is facing high levels of acute food insecurity, with half a million people one in five facing starvation.
Speaker 4: It said.
Speaker 5: Approximately ninety three percent of Gaza's population is experience and seeing acute food shortages.
Speaker 3: It added.
Speaker 5: The report also said that like one in five people could starve between now and November. People have already started starving to death. Israel has been blocking aid from getting through. They symbolically allowed a small number of trucks in, but a groups on the ground, and I want to emphasize that this reporting is coming directly from the Times of Israel. If you want to understand how bad the situation is, the Times of Israel is reporting that A groups from the ground say that none of the IEA's gotten through and none of it has been distributed. This is I don't know how to convey how bad it is indescribable. Numbers of people are on the verge of starving to death in the Israelis are simply not letting any food arrive. They keep talking about how they're gonna let food arrive because this is actually this is the first thing I've seen them do that's actually seriously gotten. I mean not even seriously, but it's like gotten. A lot of their Western allies pissed at them because they're just very obviously trying to exterminate entire population by starving them the death. And this has caused the UK, Canada and France to issue a joint statement coming out against the Israeli policy and telling them to fucking stop and let food through. So these people don't starve. The UK is talking about suspending free trade agreements with Israel. They're talking about like sanctions at West Bank settlers. The whole group has threatened that they're going to take more actions unless the Israelis let food in. Now the Israelis, because of the Israelis shot at a bunch of diplomats who were visiting a refugee camp in Janine.
Speaker 4: This was like a few days ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a few days ago. Yeah, yeah, and so's that's not been like making anyone less angry at them. It's genuinely remarkable to we've reached a place where like the UK, Canada, in France, who are all major weapons suppliers to Israel, are like talking about sanctions, like even targeted actions, like yeah, you know, and like the UN's like Human Rights Commission was like, well, this is bullshit. You can't just targeted sanctions. It is the entire government doing this. But like, you know, the fact that they're doing something is an indicator of just how apocalyptically bad the situation is right now. Yeah, I want to read this quote from the Guardian from just perennial most fascist guy in the Israeli government.
Speaker 4: What's he's saying something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's their fucking finance minister who said, quote, now we conquer, cleanse, and stay until Hamas is destroyed. He told a news conference along the way, what remains of the strip is also being wiped out, cleans conquered, the normal things. To say, the extent to which they are simply doing a genocide here has reached a point where even a bunch of Israel's closest allies are going, what the fuck? I don't know. I really hope that people are able to force their governments to actually fucking do something about this, because if they don't, it's going to continue to get really bad. Yeah, And I mean I guess right now that's mostly like if you're in like the U, Canada or France and you think you can apply more pressure on your government, like, go for it.
Speaker 4: Do do it?
Speaker 8: Do that.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't know, I don't know to what extpt pressure can even be mounted on the Trump administration, but it's yeah, I think that's pretty much a dead end, right Yeah.
Speaker 4: But like, but seeing these countries align outside of any US influence to I potentially recognize the Palestinian state. According to Lamonde, right, like is significant And yeah, people in those countries should absolutely like stay in the streets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because like like and this is this is the thing here, right, Like these countries the stuff that there's right evening stuff are threatening to do is not enough to really make a difference here. But like, if they're willing to do this, they can be pushed further.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So yeah, you have to get your foot in the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Carney has also seemed susceptible to this, Yeah, as there has been a block on arm steels to Israel for the past few months in Canada.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to close with another story of like anti humanity, but just a slightly different flavor. And I know this this does the show does often just end up feeling like a bad news round up, and that is because there's a lot of bad news.
Speaker 4: I have good news for the end. Actually that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: We'll have some good news, yeah, as a treat And part of the good news here is that this probably will not end up happening, but it's still useful insight into the minds of these ghouls. And I've long advocated that reality TV is basically inherently satanic. I think it's a spiritual darkness.
Speaker 5: This is offensive to Satanists.
Speaker 2: It is a spiritual darkness that has played the United States for far too long. I think it's ushered in a degree of evil that is nearly unfathomable. And the current administration is essentially a reality TV administration on a very clear and obvious level.
Speaker 1: Yes, but did I enjoy watching the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did. I think watching it stuff is actually a personal moral failure. I think you're channeling darkness into your.
Speaker 3: Soul and loving it.
Speaker 2: Last week, cutiple outlets reported that the Department of Homeland Security was considering participating in a reality TV show where immigrants compete against each other to gain US citizenship. The proposed series would be called The American. This nightmare has been dreamed up by Duck Dynasty producer Rob Warsof, and apparently he's been trying to make this since Obama's second term, but only now has made progress on getting the necessary backing from the DHS. After sending Trump's DHS a thirty five page pitch, Warsof wants it to be quote unquote the biggest loser for immigration, which, again reality TV is inherently evil.
Speaker 3: That's fucking insane.
Speaker 2: It should not be tolerated on any aspect of human society. No, The Wall Street Journal header reads, quote, this isn't the Hunger Games for immigrants, says the producer behind the pitch. If you have to say this isn't the Hunger Games for immigrants, that means this is the Hunger Games for immigrants. Getting a lot of questions about my this isn't the Hunger Games for Immigrants shirt already answered by the shirt to quote the Wall Street Journal quote. DHS spokeswoman Tricia McLoughlin said that she had spoken to the producer of the proposed television reality show and that consideration of the idea was ongoing. It is quote in the very beginning stages of that vetting process, she said, adding that quote each proposal undergoes a thorough vetting process prior to denial or approval unquote. McLoughlin was also quoted in The Daily Mail as saying she thought the television show was quote unquote a good idea.
Speaker 5: Jesus, Jesus.
Speaker 2: The pitch details that the immigrant contestants would board a train called the American and ride across the country to meet quote unquote interesting Americans and learn about the local history and culture, while competing in regions Pacific quote unquote heritage challenges to prove they are the most American. Such cultural contests include balancing on logs in Wisconsin, building a rocket at the Florida NASA headquarters, assembling a model t Ford in Detroit, and collecting gold in a San Francisco mine shaft. Prizes would be quote unquote iconically American, like one million American Airlines points, a ten thousand dollars Starbucks gift card, or a lifetime supply of seventy six gas. Immigrants would be split into teams that compete head to head across one hour episodes, ending with an elimination challenge, followed by a town hall and a final vote to quote the producer quote along the way, we will be reminded what it means to be American through the eyes of people who wanted most unquote.
Speaker 4: I feel like even this will will humanize migration to the United States too much for them. They're like that they will be afraid of that, like of these people articulating the desire to be here and what it means to them and I feel like that that doesn't end well for the administration, that they this might.
Speaker 2: Be too liberal for the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: It could be too lip. I'm not even joking.
Speaker 5: This is a concept just should be the death knell for the idea of America. Like, oh, if America has an experiment, we tried it. It failed.
Speaker 2: This is the most America thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: Like, it's over. Yeah, as an experiment, the American Project was a fucking disaster, and we need to it needs to stop because this is what it's done. No more, no more American Project. The Hitch has pre vetted contestants. First arriving at Ellis Island a board a boat called the Citizenship, they are greeted by the show's host, quote, a famous naturalized American who was also born in another country. Unquote, the pitt recommends Sophia Verghera or Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 2: Upon arriving. The host would gift to each of them a personalized baseball.
Speaker 4: Glove, America's pastime.
Speaker 1: There's no way Sophia Forgata or Ryan Reynolds would ever fucking do a show like this.
Speaker 3: That's batshit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I fucking hope.
Speaker 2: So to quote the producer's pitch. Quote will join in the laughter, tears, frustration, and joy hearing their backstories as we are reminded how amazing it is to be American through the eyes of twelve wonderful people who want nothing more than to have what we have.
Speaker 4: Unquote.
Speaker 2: This is this is one of the most evil things I've ever I've ever heard of. Yeah, the live finale would have the winner getting sworn in on the steps of the US Capitol by a quote top American politician or judge with F sixteen's flying overhead. Quote. There won't be a dry fuck me sorry, there won't be a dry eye in the house unquote.
Speaker 4: There have actually been like high spectacle single individual awards of citizenship before I'm thinking for example, Hermann Bodger was a He's often known as like the one man Army of boona John Botcher. He was, I believe, living as an undocumented person in the United States when he joined the Abraham Lincoln Brigade volunteered to fight in the Spanish Civil War, where he was an officer. He then joined the United States military and fort again in World War Two. During the Battle of Boone, he personally led a charge against several Japanese pillboxes, which he eliminated with grenades. He then had his ear drum perforated and I believe he was shot in the arm. He was awarded, I think he wasn't ordered the Medal of Honor. He was recognized for his bravery. Congress pass and act to make him a citizen, and he declined to attend a ceremony because he wanted to get back to the front lines. That rules. Yeah, bit of a legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit cooler than the live Grand finale of the American The pitch clarified that the losers would not be immediately deported and that the contestants would have a leg up in applying for citizenship the more traditional way based on being pre vetted for this show. So it's good that it's good that he had to clarify that they would not be immediately deported upon getting eliminated. That's a good sign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, another thing that you should always have to carifind a TV page.
Speaker 2: At a Tuesday congressional hearing, Christinom denied having knowledge of the reality TV show despite reporting to the contrary, while also defining hebeas corpus in this hearing as a quote constitutional right that the president has to be able to remove people from this country unquote.
Speaker 4: So there you go. Yeah, that's not what that means.
Speaker 2: Christinome is a disaster that it's kind of the opposite of what Abey's corpus is. And there is some central reporting showing that DHS staff are looking at this pitch. It might not go through now based on all this backlash, but they were looking through the pitch, including possibly Corey Lewandowski. But yeah, that is the reality TV news. James, Do you have anything anything to end on here is James? Please?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know something, something a little bit nice. So for those of you who like me, enjoy a strawberry ice. Agents arrived at the West Coast Berry Farms facility in Oxnard, California, earlier this month, where they were met by a gatekeeper who demanded a warrant and refused to let them enter the facility without one, and eventually managed to turn them away. So this is a rare dub I guess clearly, as we enter the time of year when things need to be picked in the fields, this will be a place where I sees the opportunity to conduct its enforcement operations, and like it is genuinely positive to see that this company, I guess, critical support to this company that obviously underpays and takes advantage of migrant labor that they have provided them. According to an anonymous source in sf Gate with know your Rights training, and in this case, the gatekeeper was able to not let the ICE agents enter and eventually they left.
Speaker 2: Like ICE isn't impervious. Like all week, ICE has been releasing statements complaining about being compared to to the to the Gestapo.
Speaker 4: Well once again, right, like another thing that you shouldn't have to be releasing statements about.
Speaker 2: I am not the Gestapo. Shirt has people asking a lot of questions. Yeah, and they're also publishing false stats about ICE officers being assaulted in the line of duty. So like obviously they're facing some kind of like fear even among their own agents. That's why they're all like covered up wherever they go. They're trying to prosecute people for posting information and on ICE agents in your area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but like I say, they're not impervious. There is a difference between a judicial warrant and a warrant that ICE has essentially made itself, right, the latter not being signed by a judge. And it appears that the gatekeeper was aware of that. We still have courts, You still, in theory have rights, and you know, well it depends, but yes, yeah, yeah, theoretically that was a pivotal word. But yeah, shout out to the gatekeepers at the Oxnard Strawberry Plant.
Speaker 5: And they could be stopped by a door keeper. Like, they can be resisted, they can be stopped from doing things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like it is genuinely important that this person understood the difference between a judicial warrant and these documents that ICE might produce. And it does illustrate the value of being educated and educating people in your communities about these things if they might be at risk for this. All right, we reported the news.
Speaker 3: Why howdy did we?
Speaker 7: We reported the news.
Speaker 8: It could happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website folzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources for it could Happen here listed directly in episode descriptions.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.