Speaker 1: We're rolling.
Speaker 2: Dude, I saw a great would you rather? I saw it and I posted on the Facebook page, and I want your answer. Would you take one million dollars guaranteed or flip a coin for a billion?
Speaker 1: One million? I don't gamble anymore. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's the answer. You don't gamble anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, you have a fifty fifty shot at a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going for the billion. The pain and suffering and therapy and risk to yourself after losing that opportunity at the billion and the million. When you lose it, that will rip your heart out. More than a girl, more than a sports team, more than a man, more than a death coach. You will not be able to recover from that. And because of that, I go with the guaranteed million. I'll invest it immediately SMP five hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I would recover from losing the million. But if they said, okay, which one would you do? And I said, I'll take the million, and they said, okay, let's slip the coin and see what it would have been, and it comes up it would have been the billion. O. Man, it's the other side of the coin. You would be like, oh my gosh, drive me nuts. Why did I pass up a billion dollars? But that bit like, imagine that coin, flip the two seconds it's in the air, maybe a second. I don't even know how long it stays in the air when you flip it not very long, and you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, I could be a billionaire. I could be a billionaire. I could be a billionaire. Yeah, let's keep it a buck. I've been hearing people say that apparently means keep it real. Yes, So I've been looking into hotels and stuff. We're playing vacation this summer. Oh, I thought you were talking about buying a hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, I could barely pay my mortgage.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how the hell are you gonna buy a hotel? That's the Motel six dude down the road Continental Breakfast. Hey, they'll leave the light on for you. So with Wayne Bodette with Motel six, we'll leave the light on for you. Come on down and get yourself some Life cereal and a muffin on the way out.
Speaker 1: Make it blueberry.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I used to love that because I would whenever we were trying to find a hotel on a road trip, my parents be like, do you guys see anything? Be Like, as a kid, I was so dumb, I'd be like, Dad, we got to look for a Motel six because they're they're gonna leave the light on for us.
Speaker 1: My Dad's like, they don't really leave.
Speaker 3: The light on for you. I'm like, Dad.
Speaker 2: They say it the commercial. It says, I'm Tom Bodette with Motel six. We'll leave the light on for you. And I, honest God, believed they were leaving the light on for us. That's what I thought they were doing. Made me feel like, oh my gosh, Motel six is where I need to be. Where I need to rest my head is Motel six.
Speaker 1: The best is when they say HBO and Color TV. That's how you get the truck.
Speaker 3: Used to say that HBO, Color TV. Oh gotta pull over there. Used it still says. In my town, the beauty of the country is these small towns around me. They don't change the cars, brand new, the roads, newer.
Speaker 1: The businesses.
Speaker 3: Dude, they are still advertising to nineteen eighties people, truckers that are horny real quick about hotels. So I'm researching stuff. Tropical destinations for our summer vacation.
Speaker 1: Do we know the dates.
Speaker 3: No, so do you know where you're going?
Speaker 1: Coasta Rica? I'm pushing for it.
Speaker 3: I got it. So you're still playing on that pushing that.
Speaker 1: What I've realized is a billion dollars is a.
Speaker 3: Monumental amount of money I'm looking at. So I did just click on hotels if I was super rich. They don't really cater to the wealthy. There's a there's a large gap. If you have a billion dollars, there's just no way to spend it. I mean, I'm not even I'm middle class, the heart of the middle class, and I'm we can afford these hotels. Maybe there's one with a infinity edge pool and a glass patio. That's one small step up from what we're able to afford.
Speaker 1: The billionaire status.
Speaker 3: Dude, America can't even cater to you. You would have to move to Dubai. There's not enough luxury items in this country to give to you. I'm how can I be this close as a radio producer to the very best that a hotel has to offer in Costa Rica and brom I'm lower middle class. So your billionaire lifestyle that you would get, you'd be afford this life with the billion dude, there ain't that great a billion dollar stuff.
Speaker 2: So there's nothing in Costa Rica that would be able to satisfy me as my billionaire status.
Speaker 3: Is what you're saying at the hotel, we're looking at you're a billionaire.
Speaker 1: I'm a one hundred are thousands.
Speaker 3: You're a millionaire because you took the million.
Speaker 1: I'm a millionaire. You're a billionaire.
Speaker 3: You would be staying one room over from us, with an infinity edge pool and a glass patio. But guess what, I'd still be smoking in my underwear, drinking my coast terri eking coffee right next to your ass. Man. That's messed up, right. That was deep. That is deep.
Speaker 2: That's like I mean, that's why I like Las Vegas. It's all walks of life, all sitting at one blackjack table, standing around one craps table. Every different person has a story, and some people don't have any money, and some people are billionaires probably sitting there at that craps table.
Speaker 3: But the beauty of Vegas is everybody is living in that moment above their means one hundred.
Speaker 2: Everybody in Las Vegas bro is spending money that they shouldn't be spending.
Speaker 1: I was taking when me and Bez are first started dating. Now we're limited.
Speaker 3: We take three hundred a day, which is very smart. I would take entire paychecks. People probably thought I was a millionaire, but I wasn't. I was just taking everything I had to Vegas.
Speaker 2: Because you automatic, because when you go to Vegas, you know you're not gonna lose that, So why would you not take your whole paycheck? I am with you. Everybody is living outside their means when they go to Las Vegas. I agree with you one hun percent. That is such a true story.
Speaker 3: And there's there's rarely the person that is super great with their money going in and I give Bezer that credit. She puts it in envelopes and we don't go outside of that envelope for the day, so that you're able to have money the entire week. We're the exception to the rule. Most people blow it, load out, cleaned out. We gotta start, Yeah, we gotta start the show. Now.
Speaker 2: I just saw that would you rather last night on x which was formerly Twitter, and I said, oh, I gotta take that, and I put it on the Facebook page. A lot of people were saying they would just take the million. They're not gamblers.
Speaker 3: So Arnold went out with Troy the guy from Australia on Broadway and got shlamored, absolutely saw tade.
Speaker 2: Then they went to Mackers, yes with some of those words Bonza Bonzi bones.
Speaker 1: And they got bonzaed bonza. No way, it was real bonza.
Speaker 3: It was real bonza, which is bad. Oh, and Arnold left me this voicemail.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna yep, let me go ahead, hit it right. This One'snold.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty screwed up, man, Can I get a ride? I'm at the corner of First and Chilly Rolls. Barn see us soon, man.
Speaker 1: And after that he was hung over for two straight days.
Speaker 3: Did you go pick him up?
Speaker 1: No? I told him there's a million ubers and lifts. Call somebody else the what new phone? Who dis ah?
Speaker 3: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: I love that trick. That's a good trick. Yeah, all right, let's start it, man.
Speaker 1: Troy was a good guy.
Speaker 3: I like that dude. He's on his way to Vegas though he's in Vegas now, and people comment, oh, we love Zach and effeminate guy into his fields. I love Troy also, And then they love Troy the Australian guy.
Speaker 2: They're like you need to have more guests like this, And I'm like, so all this effort that we put into thinking about what we should do on the pod and we just bring some random people off the streets and that's the best pods that you guys like, got it?
Speaker 1: Next we bring a homeless guy in. Oh. Man, I've never heard something so great in my truck. That was the best thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Guys, that was fantastic. He's been living off of free tips for the past two years and that fascinated you. Interesting, right, it's a great idea. It is a good idea. We're gonna do it live, oh the one, two, three, So losers, what up, everybody? I am lunchbox.
Speaker 2: I know the most about sports, so I gave you the sports facts my sports opinions because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 1: It says that I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male.
Speaker 3: I met a Broadway girl one day back in twenty fourteen. We got engaged married. Now we live north of town in the country two acres. Her father built our home, pay a mortgage, two point five kids. Someday, not today or tomorrow, and I'll die of a heart attack.
Speaker 1: When I'm seventy two, over to you.
Speaker 2: Oh, how did I sleep last night? Thanks for asking, coacher, how did you sleep last night?
Speaker 1: Absolutely terrible?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I mean it might have been every twenty to twenty five minutes, I was woken up by h I. No, it wasn't my wife. Baby Box was having.
Speaker 3: I don't know what kind of dream if he's going through growing pains, but he was moaning and thrashing.
Speaker 1: Around in his bed every twenty minutes. No, I wasn't to cry. It was eh, eh eh, and I'd go down. I'd go to his room.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bud, Bud, you okay, okay, okay, you're okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay. He quiet down, put his blanket back on him, Go back to my room, go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Ohh And I'm like, it was all night long.
Speaker 1: Why don't you sleep in the room with him?
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't matter if I'm sleeping with him, What difference does it make.
Speaker 1: He'll go to sleep.
Speaker 3: He was asleep the whole time. Ray he was thrashing, noisy, yes, sleepy eyes.
Speaker 2: No, he never woke up, and I I it texted my wife this morning and I said, hey, ask him how he slept last night, and he said.
Speaker 1: Quote, how did you sleep last night? I slept great? He texted her.
Speaker 2: Oh, my wife asked him when he got up and they were eating breakfast, like, oh, did you get a good night's sleep?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good night sleep.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 3: She's like, you weren't having bad dreams? No, no bad dreams. But he has been complaining at his knee or leg hurts, and so I'm wondering if it's like growing pains, and so when he lays down, maybe the pain intensifies.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's a future Wemby.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what's wrong. But it was all night long, every twenty to twenty five minutes. I mean, I would fall asleep, get into that light, and I could fall asleep quick, and I get into that dream and all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: I hear eh, eh, eh, what in the I mean?
Speaker 2: It was all I mean, I probably got up ten times in the middle of the.
Speaker 3: Night overreaction, probably two What do you mean ten times, and went to his room. Yes, that's hard to believe. So you're telling me, say what time did you go to bed at? I went to bed at nine thirty nine?
Speaker 1: Thirty and you get up at four, probably for the big show.
Speaker 3: So in that amount of time, you got up every single hour one hour, he got up twice and went into his room.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm telling you, it felt like it was every twenty to twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've had cats that have been violent, ill, vomiting and diary ing, and I don't know if I got up ten times, dude.
Speaker 1: I hear him loudly, Ugh, the night my cat died, I don't think I got up ten times.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because you die peacefully sometimes.
Speaker 3: No, he was very ill, and I still to get up ten times. I just feel that's an over exaggeration.
Speaker 2: Monday, it's not an over exaggeration. I literally was like, man, I got I felt like I got no sleep.
Speaker 3: Dude, And you're it sounds if he's doing the night tremors. That's baser one oh one, Oh oh my gosh. You scared me as you're getting into bed. What and I just had to go to the bathroom. Hi, it's me not a robber. I don't have a ski mask on. And then they'll be, oh, sorry, sorry, I was dream such as hard dream.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: The thrashing has got to stop. Lay your head on a pillow. Guys, you're safe in your bed. Let's not be jumpy. Good night America. We all wake up. It's very simple.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it. I assumed it was a bad dream.
Speaker 3: Oh did you just get in the bed. Yes, it's me. It's I'm not the cat. Hello, yep, I'm a human human hand it's me. Okay, sorry, you scared me. No, I'm the hy two K killer my pries my wife first. Yeah, it's like that every night, dude, you scared me.
Speaker 1: What are you doing taking a piss?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: It's amazing. My wife The kid moans all night and thrashes. She never hears him. I get up to go pee and I get back. I got in bed. Shoh, does the exact same thing as your wife? How do you hear? Not hear him?
Speaker 3: Eh, but you hear me. Get up, walk, pee and come back. And you're jumping out of bed. The dude is screaming every twenty minutes, not screaming, moaning, oh my, And I thought, okay, maybe it's because his blanket's coming off, So I put a second blanket.
Speaker 1: On him, a bigger blanky.
Speaker 2: No, it's a big blanket and so I put it on him. It's Pred's blanket that he got my wife for Christmas in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: That's probably why they won last night, beat the Apps, but out of uh they beat the Alves. But yeah, the the predstats, Oh Jets, I think you said as.
Speaker 1: All in the same division except for the Preds. Got it, same divisions are in They're in the ABS division. I think they're in the same division. Jets.
Speaker 3: No, not sure, not really clear on the hockey divisions.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that. I'll be honest with you. I'm not up to date on my hockey divisions. Or are they with the Golden Knights? Not sure? I think the ABS are with the Golden Knights.
Speaker 3: No, the ABS are with Minnesota and the Dallas Stars and the Jets. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Those are all the same. But I think the Preds are in that one.
Speaker 2: Too, that does make sense.
Speaker 1: And then the Golden Knights are in it with the Kings the Oilers. They're farther down the Oilers as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, but anyway, that was how I slept last night.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: If you want to know, I'm tired, I'm cranky, I need an app.
Speaker 3: It was rough. How about yourself? Man?
Speaker 1: Me went to bed at eight.
Speaker 3: Immediately immediately woke up at twelve thirty, so four and a half hours of sleep. Woke up at midnight, took another thirty minute sleep, so woke up at midnight thirty and was good to go. Never felt better, but I took an hour and a half nap in the afternoon, two hours.
Speaker 1: Probably that's legit.
Speaker 3: Don't say I didn't get a nap yesterday. I did. Neighbor, not neighbor, old work coworker of vasors came over and they were just laughing, having them a girl's day, and I said, I'm going to bed smart.
Speaker 1: I can only have so much estrogen.
Speaker 3: That's a good move, man.
Speaker 1: So I went to bed and just slept it off.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: So you're ready to take a break. Yeah, we're gonna take a break, dude. And I'm gonna tell you what a scandal? Have you ever heard of a scandal? This one's gonna knock your socks off. It's not making ESPN. I don't know why, but someone needs to be criminally investigated.
Speaker 1: You gonna knock your garments off?
Speaker 3: Yes, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Ray, give me my music.
Speaker 3: Right, the Brooklyn Nets. The season has ended, dude. Every time you do that, I think the NBA, and then I realized it's this stupid butt team.
Speaker 1: It's your kids team.
Speaker 3: Ages four to six year old.
Speaker 1: Every time I think it's something with Embiid but doesn't even play for him anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he plays anything.
Speaker 3: Hard play for him hard and plays for the Clippers.
Speaker 1: Does Ben Simmons play for him?
Speaker 2: No, Ben Simmons plays for the Clippers. No, Ben Simmons plays for the.
Speaker 3: Who did he go to?
Speaker 1: Din Wittle? He's got to play for the net.
Speaker 2: Dem Wittle plays for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Where did Ben Simmons go?
Speaker 3: He just got bought out? Let me see.
Speaker 1: I mean the dude doesn't play, No, he does.
Speaker 3: He plays. He plays for the Cavaliers.
Speaker 1: He comes off the bench.
Speaker 2: No, he's the Clippers. Clippers. Sorry, I saw a Cavaliers picture of something. Yeah, I knew he went to the Clippers. I thought so so that Hey, they reunited anyway, So the season is over, man, I think it's all done with.
Speaker 1: And then hell of the year, yep, that's a song. Hell of a year?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: How many games you guys went? We got two victories Man first game, Man, last game. Great job. Guys started off the season, hot, finished hot, a little loll in the middle. It happens, you know, the grind of a season. You can't get up for every game.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 2: It's difficult to put the same energy and effort into every single Saturday.
Speaker 1: And the scandal has begun.
Speaker 3: Got an email in the inbox from the NBA Junior League.
Speaker 1: They emailed the sore losers.
Speaker 3: No, they emailed my personally email. Well, I did the sound effect.
Speaker 2: Sorry, said, scores will be updated this week for standings. We have had issues with multiple teams with kids playing out of their age groups shoesh. Please understand this is against our rules and regulations, and if found out, we will review each situation's case and the game will possibly result as a forfeit.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to turn over all footage that I have, so from that first paragraph, they're gonna need our podcast for the scores of the games.
Speaker 2: I was shocked to learn that there are standings. I didn't know that, and this tells me that we might be moving up the standings.
Speaker 1: Jerry, if you're listening to this, all we want is a fair trial.
Speaker 2: All I am is saying, some of these teams that we played, and I told you there is no way they've been together two weeks, sesh, there is no way that they are legit. There are kids that are foot taller sh And we get an email we have had issues with multiple teams playing out of their age groups. Dude, you guys didn't sum We weren't as bad as I thought.
Speaker 1: Dude, this is actually a pretty big scandal.
Speaker 3: This is incredible.
Speaker 1: Who does this?
Speaker 3: They are four to six years old. Who gives two craps about winning the league?
Speaker 1: This is huge.
Speaker 3: This isn't just one, it is multiple teams.
Speaker 1: Rob, Bobby, I've been subpoenaed. I will be off on Monday.
Speaker 3: I can't even understand how not just one, but it's more than one. Multiple is more than one. Now you want me to keep finishing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: An email coaches, I first wanted to thank you for dedicating your time to the kids.
Speaker 3: We appreciate, appreciate your dedication. Let's make sure we are keeping the kids first at all times. Wait the email started, coaches, Yes, fan of the podcast, huge fan. We all want to win, but it is about the kids at end YEP, not winning the league. Let's do a better job controlling our parents during the game and also playing in the proper age bracket.
Speaker 1: All right now, clap.
Speaker 2: As I stated in the coaches meeting before the season, your parents react off of you.
Speaker 1: You are not only.
Speaker 2: Leading the kids, but you're setting the tone for your parents as well. With this being said, if you have any issues regarding illegal players, please let me know.
Speaker 3: Either they made spelling errors and punctuations things in that email or you just sucked at reading it.
Speaker 2: If parents are not under control, it will result in a possible technical foul and the removal of the parent.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That is the scandal that is rocking the league.
Speaker 1: They need to go to the coaches convention.
Speaker 2: I know they're big fans, but my question is how did they get found out? Did someone all a birth certificate check on one of the kids during the game? Whistleblower, You don't want to be a whistleblower.
Speaker 1: You'll get out of the bottom of the cuberlet.
Speaker 3: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: It seems like if you if you look at any whistleblowers in the past, they disappear from this planet.
Speaker 3: Let's be real. You said there were kids that were older. You never really pressed charges or furthered it. But you did it complain on a podcast. Other people probably complained at their workplaces. One person took it a step full farther contacted the committee and said, review this. Did your kids submit birth certificates or is it an honor system.
Speaker 1: It's an honor system.
Speaker 3: The whole investigation is based on an honor system, not even fraudulent documents.
Speaker 2: Now that you say it, like I literally this, this is how behind the times this league is. I actually had to go to the building and fill out a piece of paper. There was no online registration, so I just went and I wrote my kid's name, and I wrote my kid's birthday. I wrote down their address, I wrote who their parents were, and I turned it in so.
Speaker 3: You would have met you. Continue. I must interject, continue that I need to interject in a minute ahead.
Speaker 1: Continue.
Speaker 2: That tells me that there is no fact checking of this league, and I now realize.
Speaker 1: It that year your sentence, I need to interject.
Speaker 3: That next year, baby Box, who will be seven at the time, six can play with the six year olds because guess what, there's no fact check.
Speaker 1: Bray, It's a sleight of hand. You could make us seven a.
Speaker 3: Six Yeah, oh slipped, you would have never made it. In Saratoga, Wyoming. My mom and dad handled all the birth certificates and stuff. Kids would bring photo copies. It was a huge ordeal. It needs to be the original. Oh dang, you guys didn't even knew that. Man.
Speaker 1: You guys were just writing in pencil or pin.
Speaker 2: They gave you the option, which which is amazing now that I think about it. But my whole thing is, I don't know what's worse.
Speaker 1: Are you really six year man?
Speaker 2: I don't know what's worse?
Speaker 3: Why is your voice deep?
Speaker 2: Is the parents that did this, the coaches that allowed it, that allowed them to play, that knew they were over age, that decided they wanted to, you know, cheat the system because they wanted to get the upper hand in four to six year old basketball, or the person that actually pushed the.
Speaker 3: League to investigate it.
Speaker 2: I don't know which is worse.
Speaker 3: Love the investigation and a kid never tells a lie. You should casually next year, Hey Johnny from the other team, how you doing, man? Hey?
Speaker 1: How were you?
Speaker 3: It's something easy. A kid will always say their age, you're one, right? You wonder how I know that?
Speaker 1: Because I asked one of them.
Speaker 3: No, when we were kids, Johnny APPLESE, ray, I see a tree.
Speaker 1: I'll never lie.
Speaker 3: My parents were taking I believe it was my sister to the airport. Hey kid, I always say you're two years younger than you actually are.
Speaker 1: I'm only sixty four.
Speaker 2: She was gonna fly somewhere to see my grandma and grandpa. I believe this is how the story went. This is how I remember it in my head. And they told her, Hey, you're gonna tell them you're six years old. You're gonna tell them you're six years old. And we get to the airport, They're like, how old are you? And I believe my brother goes, she's five, but my parents told her to say she's six.
Speaker 3: We are now boarding all Southwest flights, all Spirit Airlines, and all Delta. You are now free to fly without the country Throughout.
Speaker 2: It was e It was either my brother that said, oh, she's really five, but my parents at six, or my sister said, my parents told me to tell you I'm six, but I'm really five, And my parents are sitting there going, are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Luckily, they didn't do anything, and they let her on the plane. But that's how it goes. Kids won't lie. You can tell them to lie, but they don't understand and they say, oh, no, my age is this, or I'm going here, I'm doing that.
Speaker 3: They're not good liars.
Speaker 1: So the kids are not at fault in this investigation.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: It's either the coach, like the coach.
Speaker 2: Is probably out at the playground he's watching some kid hoop, or the parents and he's like, I need that kid on my six year old team so we can win the league.
Speaker 1: We've narrowed it down the coach or the parent.
Speaker 3: One of them needs to serve some sort of time or community service.
Speaker 2: Who's worse, though, the person that asks for an investigation or the person that signed them up illegally.
Speaker 3: We have the right in this country to ask for someone.
Speaker 1: To show.
Speaker 3: Documentation, and it's called discovery. Someone is required by law to show their finances. In this case, it is the birth certificates. It is the documentation provided proving a kid's age.
Speaker 1: There is nothing wrong for asking you about that, and this.
Speaker 3: Should change now the league to whereas you guys bring those documents to every game. Yeah, I agree, and so I'll show your mind, now show me yours.
Speaker 2: Not only do I think this makes a difference. I don't know how to check the standings, but it tells me we moved up the standings. You know why, because about thirty minutes after that email went out, I got an email from the league.
Speaker 1: To our sore losers email.
Speaker 2: No my personal said coach, congratulations on a great season, Gooch. You've now qualified for the All Star Tournament. Oh no, we qualified for the postseason. I don't know who we're gonna play.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, I mean yes?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, I'm sorry. Wrong and sound of effect?
Speaker 2: Are you saying no because you think we're gonna get crushed?
Speaker 1: I just had thought it was over.
Speaker 2: Oh you're saying no because you don't want to hear any more Brooklyn net story.
Speaker 1: Not that, not that, not that at all. I said the wrong sound effect meant hit clapping.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: You guys are playing more games.
Speaker 3: We have the end of year All Star Tournament. I guess we moved up the standings. We have qualified for the tournament.
Speaker 1: All Star Tournament, dude.
Speaker 3: So then I'm excited as I'll get out and I text the group.
Speaker 1: Your kids gotta make it.
Speaker 2: And I said, Hey, good news, guys. We had the team party last Saturday, but let's put that.
Speaker 3: Champagne on ice. We got a tournament to win.
Speaker 2: And everybody's like, what what, And I'm like, apparently we moved up the standings. We qualified for the end of the season postseason tournament.
Speaker 3: Those parents had already figured out their drinking weekends.
Speaker 1: They said, what another Saturday? Us played to do beers with the boys and some golf.
Speaker 2: And those are the reactions I got. Oh, we'll be out of town that weekend.
Speaker 1: They're already going to Barbados.
Speaker 3: We have a birthday party that weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got money to burn. We're heading to Trinmbag.
Speaker 3: And todaygo oh, she has a girl Scout retreat that weekend. Yeah, I'm at in New Vegas. It's been about six months. Oh, that's the weekend my my parents are coming to town. We won't be able to make it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm doing minnies and petties. We'll be out.
Speaker 2: So after all that, I got six responses saying they wouldn't be able to make it. That would take us down to four players. I had to email the league and say thanks, but no thanks. Our season is over. We will not be in the tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta know what's happening.
Speaker 3: The parents are gonna make their plans. You can't fold them for that. I'm the respected the integrity of the season. The minute was over, guys, those tickets were buck passports updated. They got their real IDs and they're heading to Turks and Keikos.
Speaker 1: They're heading to Sri Lanka.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, a lot of these Nashville people got some money to burn and it's getting burned. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the Brooklyn Nets season, the scandal that broke, that moved us just at the top.
Speaker 3: But the season is still over. We'll take a break, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's real or not, but that would be it's not even worth what's the weekend? We don't need to do work.
Speaker 1: How funny would be to get it actually as a news thing where they do it.
Speaker 3: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: Like a local news station. If it's a slow news day, we call the local news Bake.
Speaker 3: Listen, guys, kids. Yeah, I'm only four years out, but I saw some of those kids looked older than that. I know.
Speaker 2: I know you guys are always looking for investigative journalism. You got to get to the bottom of this ages four to six year old basketball. There's a huge scandal going on in the Nashville Basketball League.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's going. Yeah, I got a golden Retriever and a jeep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I got my kids there in a private school. Yeah, they playing lunchbox a team.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: I was aware of some kids being older. Again, I was staring at the MILFs a lot, but the times that I were watching the court seemed as though kids were fudging. Anyways, back to the MILFs, I mean the manufacturing plant. Yep, yeah, thank you, Jim, Jim and accounting. What have you seen down here, sir?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it was a little suspicious when I saw that number twelve. He was dunking, and I thought, man, that's pretty crazy that a six year old can dunk. I mean, and he is six foot two, and I don't understand how he could be six. But yeah, I mean I just trust the parents, you know what I mean. I just told my kid, Hey, some kids are bigger than other. It turns out he was twenty one.
Speaker 3: Oh uh yeah, yeah, any way I can help out. Yes, I was always a little suspicious of her age. I was thinking, I was, you know, I was she thirty eight? You know you got those milkers. Oh the kids, I'm sorry, you're talking about Teresa the mom.
Speaker 1: It would be a heck of a report, it.
Speaker 3: Would be, and I mean so funny and like the parent there's parents, sir.
Speaker 2: So I see here, your ten year old was playing with the six year olds. I got no comment. Talk to my lawyer, Talk to my lawyer. Get the camera out of my face.
Speaker 1: He's not hiding anything. Oh we got a family issues going on with that guy.
Speaker 3: Oh Man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was it. That was That was my excitement for the week. And then the sadness though, is Gene Hackman died right, and I had to go back to Hoosiers coach.
Speaker 1: I can't do another investigation.
Speaker 3: Bet No.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest movies sports movies of all time.
Speaker 3: Pistol Pete's better than it. But I'll put Hoosiers it too.
Speaker 2: You've told me about Pistol Pete and I need to watch it. Maybe I'll watch it this weekend.
Speaker 1: But it made me.
Speaker 2: It reminded me a little bit of you know, three weeks ago when we had a game the Brooklyn Nets that is, and we were on the court and at halftime we're switching directions and we're like and Jackie on my team goes, we're finally shooting on that hoop and I'm like, yeah, why she goes because this hoop's higher. And I had to do the tape measure. I had to do the Gene Hackman, dude two balls. I went down there and I said, walk with me, Jackie, and I said, I'm gonna hold my hand up. See where I touch it on the net.
Speaker 3: She goes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I said, now let's walk down.
Speaker 2: To that other end, guy math and I said watch this, and I raised my hand up to touch the net and she goes, it touches the same spot. I said, yes, Jackie, they may look different, but these hoops go in one direction with the other they are the exact same height.
Speaker 1: I said, there's a.
Speaker 2: Movie called Hoosiers. It teaches you all about it. I did not know three weeks later that Gene Hackman would be dead. I used Hoosiers to teach these kids that it doesn't matter which direction you're going because the hoops are the exact same.
Speaker 3: There's a hoop moment in Pistol Pete the Dad's on the ladder. His son pistol, future pistol. At the time, he was just Pete shooting baskets and his dad said, hey, son, you want to believe?
Speaker 1: You believe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dad shooting that basket. You think two of those basket? Dad, It's so hard to get in the hoop. It's such a small hoop, Dad. He'sided like Tom Brady, So hard Dad, to get in the hoop. His dad's gotten the ladder. He said, I think that ball is hard to get in there. You think two balls would go in that hoop?
Speaker 1: No, Dad, only one.
Speaker 3: Probably give me that other ball over there dribbling it. Nine o'clock at night. Hey press, the neighbors are calling, keep it down out there, all right, Sarah, I'll get in there. It's a great moment, great merit. The neighbors are calling. Well, they're up awfully late, aren't they. Hilarious scene. He grabs two balls and he says, son on the ladder, he's standing up there ten feet and he says, sometimes, what go ahead.
Speaker 1: You just gotta believe.
Speaker 3: And he takes both balls and at the same time they go in the hoop, and the sun blew his mind and he showed him that it isn't that small. After all, two balls, you wouldn't think they could stop. They kind of buckle a little bit. They both go in at the same time.
Speaker 1: Two balls can go in at the same time.
Speaker 3: It may have been an optical illusion. Maybe it's only like one in three quarters and he kind of twisted it. But for movie's sake, in Disney and Hollywood, two balls.
Speaker 1: Went at the same time.
Speaker 3: That's the BEAUTI pivotal moment of the game, and the kid at that moment he decided to believe they I should have told the nets that I need dude, you just steal stuff from movies. They just go in with the quotes from the movies you.
Speaker 1: Did with them.
Speaker 3: I literally did.
Speaker 2: It was halftime, dude, and I walked them down the court.
Speaker 1: Parents in the crowded brother what does this guy watch Hoosiers last night? The parents are going why is he doing that?
Speaker 2: And the other coaches like why is he on our side of the court, Like, what's he doing touching the net?
Speaker 1: If you guys don't know these scenes, this isn't funny.
Speaker 2: It's funny if you want to go look them up on YouTube, because here's the great part.
Speaker 3: Is Pistol Pete is the logo. So he's on our shirts. He's on the jerseys and my kids have ask me who that is and I tell him that's Pete maravich Man and they're like, does he still play? I'm like, no, no, he's old. Now he might.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if he's alive. To be honest with you, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: And now I need to show them Pistol Pete the movie and be like, guys, that's the guy on your shirt. That is amazing.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say another sentence, I took a drink. No, I saw you can take a drink, dude. I need Troy back in here, man. We need that third No.
Speaker 2: I got an email, though, I got an email that I mean. It made me feel so good about myself. Lunchbox loved the recap on Monday's pod about the Mexico Open. I had put twenty dollars on Brian Campbell plus fourteen hundred going into the weekend. I was then able to watch any golf on Sunday. I enjoyed your play by play. Keep up the great pods coming. Been listening since the first podcast Byron from Wisconsin. Thanks, Finally someone else cared about the Mexico Open.
Speaker 3: Baseball. Are you preparing more for March Madness? Are you playing fantasy baseball?
Speaker 2: I am playing fantasy baseball.
Speaker 1: I'm not, but I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm a numbers guy, so statistically, Sison, I'm just trying to really get deep into it. You know, another's what's the stadium at altitude Denver? What's the second most stadium at altitude?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Kaufman Stadium, Saint Louis is almost one thousand feet above sea level.
Speaker 2: Well, Kaufman is in Kansas City, right, that's the Royals. I've been to Kaufman Stadium as a kid, but they've redone it since then.
Speaker 3: It's easier to hit at altitude Colorado, a mile high, five thousand feet above sea level.
Speaker 1: That's why there's so many hits there.
Speaker 3: The most hits in Major League Baseball history happened at Coors Field, always in the top three. Kaufman Stadium, you wouldn't think it. It's at altitude. I had no idea Bobby wit Hey so three eighty two, Where did he hit three eighty two at home at Kaufman Stadium? Because the altitude this year, though, He's not gonna have Tommy Fam at number one, He's at number two. I wonder are they gonna have Bobby Witt hit one? Is that gonna change how many hits he got last year? Because he never went a game in a row not getting a hit. Every game he didn't get a hit, he got a hit the next day. Bobby Wit could be the greatest Fantasy players statistically saison in the history of the sport.
Speaker 1: Does he go number one with Tommy Fam now playing for somebody else?
Speaker 2: Who does Tommy Fam played for?
Speaker 1: He went somewhere east, you know, I mean, I have.
Speaker 2: No idea Tommy Fam is in bouncing around. But I do want to apologize to the Golden State Warriors because when they traded for Jimmy Butler, I said, Oh, what difference does it make? They suck, They're terrible. Hey, they're they're kind of winning a lot of games. Now they're hot. They're hot, they're up there, they're top the Golden Golden State Warriors, but they've creeped up to like number seven.
Speaker 3: But they are makers. Lakers are hot too.
Speaker 1: They're all West though they're all gonna beat each other up. I think Celtics just cruised to the finals.
Speaker 2: The West is wide open, man wide open, wide open.
Speaker 3: That's scary. Why the Lakers ain't gonna get that far? They're not, but it's wide open. You saying that with Nuggets.
Speaker 2: With Nuggets with gold on Olden State Dallas, when Anthony Davis comes back. Right now, they're on the struggle bus. But they're winning games. They're not doing great, but they need Anthony Davis. They need Gafford, they need a lively back, they need all those guys down low, and they're gonna be dirty. But yeah, I've been watching college basketball NBA. I'm not prepared for baseball. Cousin Andrew did hit me up the other day and said, I think our three keepers are gonna be where did it go? Hold on, hold on, hold on, Philip, But here we go? Uh he said, I think I already know it. But I'm gonna go with Seeger, Trout and Harper for the keepers.
Speaker 1: Is Trout starting.
Speaker 2: The experts are really down on Trout, and they really high on Jackson Trio, who we have. They have them ranked as the twenty five bifth best player. But I'd rather go with our guys. I think three have potential to be MVPs. Small chance it will happen, but it's not zero. So that's who our keepers are this year.
Speaker 3: I still stand by the Dodgers winning one hundred and seventeen games. Lineup is stacked and the pitching staff doesn't even have show we to start off the season.
Speaker 1: Top to bottom, they're great.
Speaker 3: They're really good. Colorado Rockies last year to statistically Sayson the worst pitching staff in baseball. This year, they did no work on it. It's the exact same guysmis.
Speaker 1: Freeland, Feldner, Sensavalla, the Gomber.
Speaker 3: Oh Gosden Gomber. Two of the guys ore there. Yeah, two of the guys were out of the league last year, Senzavala and another dude, and they're just pitching.
Speaker 1: Throw them into the staff man.
Speaker 3: Why not, let's go what are you doing this weekend? Made anything good?
Speaker 1: No plans.
Speaker 3: We were gonna maybe do the escape room so fun with Justin, but the time kept getting thrown around so much. Me and Baser said, brunch in the country. My earphones went out inside baseball literally, and so we're.
Speaker 1: Doing a small brunch in the country. We got a couple things we got to do around the house. Honeydewes.
Speaker 3: Nice. There's a chandelier, I said, Beazer, we got not a chandelier. There's an entrance light that we got to put up, and I said, Basil, let me handle it.
Speaker 1: She goes, I'm gonna call my dad. He's coming over.
Speaker 3: Good good, I'm glad he's gonna get that done. Yeah, we got.
Speaker 2: We got a birthday party tomorrow. Then we have meet the baseball team.
Speaker 1: Uh me, the Mets. Not with the Padres.
Speaker 2: We got Tatis, Profar, Profar him still now he's somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I haven't paid attention. They trade him around, bro that they move. It's quick Padres the ones we know of. For Tatis, you got Fernando Manachado, Machado, Machado. Yeah, yeah, that's who we are this year.
Speaker 2: And it was a dilemma because I'm a Cubs fan and my the other coach, his wife is a Cardinals fan, and so he didn't want to ask for the Cubs, or he didn't want to ask for the Cardinals because he didn't want to offend to either of us.
Speaker 3: So he just got stuck with the Padres.
Speaker 1: Cubs are be bad this year.
Speaker 3: No not.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be good. Don't worry about it. We got Craig Counsel on the bench second year is when he turns it around.
Speaker 3: Not that I think I'm playing. Oh he's the manager. Man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, man, I have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 2: We'll see on Monday. Hopefully we'll be here. I don't know, something good will happen. We'll come up with something to talk about. Because Brooklyn Nets basketball is over. I got nothing else on the schedule.
Speaker 3: So all right. The worst Major League Baseball stadium to hit in and for any sort of offense is.
Speaker 2: It's a big one. It's an Oakland. Oh, but they're gone. They're not there anymore. They're in Sacramento. Huh.
Speaker 1: Giants a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wind blowing in. Yeah, it's just off the bay with Covey.
Speaker 1: Cove statistically says, and you got a lot of wind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank survivor storry this week hope you're caught up. Man.
Speaker 1: Are we golfing? Are you golfing this weekend at all?
Speaker 3: No? Probably not this weekend. Man. I got kids. I have three kids. I've been doing patio golf, but just having got on the course, it's gonna be weird. I'm not gonna have my sea legs yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's hard to get out when it's hard to go play weekend golf. And you got three kids.
Speaker 1: Man, I told you about those tea times. I bet they're gone. No, get it right now, bet it, bet you can get it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, look at it? What is it? I got it, I'll pull it up. Sison, Ray Mundo Golf.
Speaker 1: Go there, go go.
Speaker 3: I gotta go go just in it. Go go go go go, go go go. Ray. You gotta turn off the recording culture.
Speaker 2: I know you're worried about golf, but I'm gonna listen. Next Saturday, March eighth, I'm gonna be in the Demolition Derby Mad Dog Demolition Derby in Shelbyville, Tennisse, Tennessee. Cooper Steele Arena. Dude, I'm gonna drive in a race and wreck.
Speaker 1: I don't know. And you gotta take the kids in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: My kids are gonna watch me wreck. They're gonna watch your dad. They're gonna they're gonna be going go Nitro Ned gon Ned. That's who I'm racing.
Speaker 2: So if you if you want to favor save five dollars, can get discount tickets Motorhead Events dot com Demolition Derby Saturday, March eighth, Shelbyville, Tennessee, Cooper Steel Arena.
Speaker 1: Sees there's gonna be a lot of people there, and.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a lot of people. And someone said in plaid plaid, right, a lot of tip people in the Tennessee wear plaid. Didn't realize it. And maybe in truncker hats. Maybe in orange for the Volves. Yeah, or Lipscom because they just won. I think they won their conference. Man, are you a big Lipscomb fan? No?
Speaker 1: Man, but is your wife?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: We could all carpool we go to this thing.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go to the demolition derby? So it's probably you live north of town. It's south of town. Probably gonna take you about an hour to get there for you hour and fifteen doable.
Speaker 1: Doable, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm all about if it's a solid drive, you go have fun with friends. I'm all like with the Dodds. Dude, we did an overnighter, that's true. Get a hotel there. You think they got hotels in Shelbyville, They do right next to Cooper Steel Arena.
Speaker 1: Find out all right.
Speaker 2: Mad Dog Demolition Derby, Come see me next Saturday. Save five dollars now and get discount tickets at Motorhead Events dot com.
Speaker 3: You know what I say.
Speaker 1: If you ain't.
Speaker 2: Rubbing, you ain't racing. Motorhead Events dot Com. Someone said, I'm gonna be real sore after the demolition Dirty Derby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get you paded up man, helmet all that. Yeah, I gotta go to I gotta be there at four for a safety course. Here's reverse, here's drive. Go have fun.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be going one mile an hour or you be cooking ele bit.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm gonna be cooking like they. I got rocket boosters.
Speaker 3: Sh boom boom. Mad Dog Demolition Derby sho So yeah, please come see me.
Speaker 2: I'll see you there, all right. It starts at seven next Saturday. Demolition Derby, Mad Dog Demolition in Derby. Let's go Motorheadevents dot Com.
Speaker 1: Bye, I'm gonna hit up your wife, see if she wants to get a hotel for the oh.
Speaker 3: For the event. Okay, gosh