Speaker 1: I think you can hear in our voices that were a little villainous, scariest I've ever heard. Right, yeah, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 1: It is the Halloween edition. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. If you do not follow our socials, then.
Speaker 3: Come on too.
Speaker 1: I'm dressed up as Ursula.
Speaker 2: I am maleficent. Yes, I like myself something.
Speaker 1: Hey the Latin twist to it.
Speaker 4: I'm done with that.
Speaker 2: And I'm scary. Yeah, and election well a divil.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, I am so proud of our costumes this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so definitely go look at the tiktoks. Go look at the install it's a comment. Let us know who is your favorite.
Speaker 2: You can see who everyone else is.
Speaker 1: Yes everyone, yeah, yeah, So okay, okay, enough about our Disney Villain Group costume. Let's get into it a brand new Halloween Second Date right now.
Speaker 2: Second Date updated.
Speaker 6: Imagine the night is alive with chaos. Zombies are stumbling down the streets, Witches are cackling maniacally. You hear the screams, you see the horrors, you smell the fireball, and that's when you realize, oh, I'm in the middle of a Halloween bark crawl right here. Yeah, and for all the terrifying sights you'll definitely see, it might also be the perfect setting for you to find true love. And that's where one of our listeners made a connection recently, and he's emailed us for help today with a spooky theme second date update. I love that his name is Evan. So, Evan, we got to catch up. How many shots deep are you right now?
Speaker 5: You know it's a workday. I'm not gonna take shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to know what you were dressed as that's how I want to start.
Speaker 3: Most important, I.
Speaker 5: Went to star Lord some guardians. I think I have a look that matches.
Speaker 7: Is that pratt?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that hot look?
Speaker 2: Or doesn't that like cover most of you?
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: The movie. I see the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't stick out a ton to me.
Speaker 6: But okay, so we're we don't approve of your costume. Can you come up with a new one?
Speaker 2: Did people know what you were? I guess that's the question.
Speaker 5: People knew? Okay, he's a charismatic character.
Speaker 2: I would trust other people to know stuff more than this group. Definitely do.
Speaker 6: So tell us about this woman that you met while you were doing your bar crawl.
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 5: Oh, her name is Calissa, Calista. I honestly can't remember which bar that we met, but it was we were both a two big groups, and our groups just sort of naturally kind of like started going on this crawl together.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the whole point of barkrawls, right to meet new people with people. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just a get drunk.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: I thought the social thing was kind of secondary. So you just like happened to meet people.
Speaker 1: You could go hot between bars and drink alone anytime exactly, but.
Speaker 2: This one you're wearing costumes, so fun.
Speaker 5: I mean I would definitely agree with all of that.
Speaker 4: I was definitely.
Speaker 5: Probably steering our group to sick with hers because I was into her, whereas my friends just wanted to keep drinking. They didn't care about the social part.
Speaker 6: So I'll look up with your friends after we're done with this call, because they seem like my type of people.
Speaker 1: How did you and clust, I mean, like, what was the connection between you two? What did you have in common?
Speaker 5: I mean I think it was just like our type of sense of humor. We just loved the people watching and looking at people's costumes and how silly they looked. The cheaper the better, we really we realized interesting, like something that looked like it was just pulled off the shelf of Spirit Halloween the hours before, like the bigges.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you're bonding over the shared interest of judging other people for their weird costume decisions decisions, is what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that could be fun. So how did then I go?
Speaker 7: I thought it was gone great? I mean, we were having a great time. One of the bars had just paper I'm assuming it was from one of their trivia nights, his papers and pen and we just started like giving out awards.
Speaker 4: Like we just picked people and be like you have like the craziest food costume, you have the ugliest blank costume, the second worst costume of this bar.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: So you and Callista made a lot of enemies that night.
Speaker 6: It sounds like your own world, and that's all that matters, is you two.
Speaker 2: Right, even if someone's upset, you're like, oh my god, we really made that guy mad. Let's make out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, wait did that happen? Did you make out? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't call the makeout. But yeah, at the last bar of the night.
Speaker 4: We definitely kissed. Out the book we kissed.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, that's happened.
Speaker 6: You're ainting a really nice image for us. We want to know, is there anything in your mind that you remember that went wrong with the evening.
Speaker 5: On the last bar, they had a dance floor, and she really wanted to get out on the dance floor, regardless of what I was dressed up by us. Because we know star Ward is a dancer. I am not a dancer. It's just not my thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, like you're a bad dancer, or you won't even try.
Speaker 7: All of the above.
Speaker 2: Did she try to pull you in and dance with you at some point?
Speaker 5: You said multiple times.
Speaker 1: It is a bummer because it's like, in my mind, there's no such thing as a bad dancer if you fully commit your fun, no matter how good you are at Yeah, exactly, that's exactly what bad dancer's saying.
Speaker 2: All that matters is I'm having a good time. Last place in the dance kicked off every dance floor.
Speaker 6: So you're thinking that she's just turned off because you came across as kind of a party pooper, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think she might think I'm just some stick in the mud or a bit of a lay o, and I'm I mean, We've had a lot of text back and forth. It's just non commit she won't commit to going on a date.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe having a radio station call. We'll prove that you're a fun guy.
Speaker 4: You know, there we go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, if that's the case, So Alexis, would this be a deal breaker for you if you're out with a guy who prefers not to dance, I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't look back alone out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Think of all the weddings you have to go to in the future end up a couple. Dancing is such an important part social life.
Speaker 6: Well, let's see if ironically you dug your own grave on Halloween barcrawl when we come back and get you your second date update.
Speaker 2: Right after this second date update, imagine.
Speaker 6: The movie Footloose, but instead of Kevin Bacon being told not to dance.
Speaker 2: He chooses not to right because he's embarrassed about his lack of dance move.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's exactly what we're dealing with today. Reverse Footloose for our listener, Evan, who met a woman named Callista during a Halloween bar crawl, but when Callista tried to get him out on the dance floor, he said, no, sweetheart, Daddy don't move like that.
Speaker 2: He just sits in the corner.
Speaker 6: Is that the reason that Callista's been avoiding another hangout? We're trying to get to the bottom of it today with your Halloween themed second date update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was hoping someone else would jump.
Speaker 1: In, and I was hoping that he would answer you.
Speaker 5: I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Was a terrifying recap for you, Evan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was kind of. I was like, oh, no, this is probably gonna go bad.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't know if it even has to do with the dancing, And it may just be like Halloween's meant kind of for just like flirting and hooking up.
Speaker 6: Why, Yeah, nothing to do with your dance. It might just be your personality sucks.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like you're out in costume. You're not looking for a relationship typically, So maybe that's just not where her head was at.
Speaker 2: You think she's a fluozy.
Speaker 1: No, I don't that.
Speaker 2: What do you think? I don't really know.
Speaker 1: I just mean, like, you're out partying on Halloween, it's not meant to be more dates.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the guy had like a fun makeout and doesn't accept that.
Speaker 1: It was just a fun Yeah, that's why does everyone else get me except jeff I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, just ever had just a fun makeout? JEFA, no thanks.
Speaker 6: I mean, could that be the case, Evan, where you're taking this as a more serious connection than what Callista saw it as more of like a one night fun thing.
Speaker 5: That could be the case. I guess I just misread it.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's bad.
Speaker 1: I think it's something you can fix.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Clearly he won more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're putting in the effort. We're gonna at least call and try and figure out why. And Bro, even if it was just a kiss, like you just know you're attractive enough for her to come and make out with you, you should feel good about.
Speaker 1: That because I only made out with hot guys.
Speaker 3: I would never drunk make out with.
Speaker 5: Someone you look like Star War.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's not undermine anybody's confidence. We're just gonna call her and hopefully she picks up it. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Callista. Yeah, hey, this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: This is a segment that we do. It's called a second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so, uh.
Speaker 6: We're trying to help out one of our listeners that you met the other night. He described a really cool hangout between the two of you at a bar crawl.
Speaker 2: He described a drunk hang out between the two of you.
Speaker 6: Cool, drunk fun. It was all the emotions. And I'm talking about a guy named Evan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, maybe she likes him to be called star Lord instead, and that is a problem, is that, right, Clysta star Lord?
Speaker 3: You like that better, not necessarily star Daddy.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, look, if you weren't feeling it with him that much, then we understand, we get it. But we spoke with Evan and he was saying he felt like he really connected with you during the bar crawl, and now you just you don't seem to want to meet up one on one with him.
Speaker 3: I mean, we had a fun night, but it was what it was like, It didn't I don't think it's like a long term thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, is that just because it was Halloween and you're at a bar crawl and it's just drinks deep? Yeah, that's not where your mind was at.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what he told you or I don't know how this works, but we had a kind of serious conversation. Oh and it was just like a real burn off for me.
Speaker 1: Oh turn off.
Speaker 6: Are you saying you had a conversation because we heard that you talked about other people's costumes and how horrible they were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the serious It sounds like she's talking about that.
Speaker 6: She could read it as a serious This guy's really judgmental about other people.
Speaker 4: In the last.
Speaker 3: No, I think that was that was the fun part. Okay, Yeah, I mean I was trying to like have fun with him and get him to dance with me, and now he basically told me he doesn't like dancing because when he was ten, his mom put him in this play where he was like a pumpkin and he had a dance in front of everyone for hours. And I was just kind of like, if you're that affected by something like that when you're ten, you pretty much probably can't handle anything in life.
Speaker 1: So WHOA, all of that sounds so serious. He's probably just trying to share a lighthearted story make you laugh about why you can't yeh.
Speaker 6: School play one time, but.
Speaker 3: Still can't dance as an adult. Like that's crazy, especially when you're a little bit drunk, like you're still that upset about it, Like that just was a huge red flat.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you see you you took him very very seriously with that comment line.
Speaker 3: I asked him to dance like three times, like he was serious about it.
Speaker 6: I Oh, and his reason for not dancing that he told you was that when he was ten years old, his mom forced him to a play in a play.
Speaker 5: Oh, it wasn't for a play. It was for the town festival where everybody was.
Speaker 3: Watch the guys on my phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sorry about that Callista, but Evan is actually on the other line listening in on this call.
Speaker 2: That's how this segment works.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mom would force me into this thing in front of the festival. And this wasn't just like one time. This is like from ten years old till fifteen. I mean, I'm like a sixteen stock group using to do it.
Speaker 6: And because okay, so it scarred you from Just to get it clear on the details, you're saying that when you were a kid, your mom made you join a Halloween themed festival where you had to dance.
Speaker 5: You're making me say it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry.
Speaker 5: My mom would force me to wear a skin tight like orange suit and put a pumpkin on my head to go dance in front of the town.
Speaker 2: On your head, I love that something or something.
Speaker 5: I became pumpkin Man to everybody. I was known as pumpkin Man every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like it was such a long time ago. Like I just if you're not gonna have fun and dance as an adult, like a grown man, it's just like a lot of issues.
Speaker 2: Well, not everyone likes to dance. We have friends I don't like to dance.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Calistai and your mom may have more in common than you realize.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you're right, you gave him the a brook.
Speaker 5: I probably shouldn't have brought it up. I should have gotten out there.
Speaker 3: But so like hypothetically, if we went to my friend's wedding and I was like, hey, dance with me, You're never going to dance with me because of this experience when you're ten.
Speaker 5: It was just the idea that you were just like trying so hard to make me dance. It just was like you were my mom in that moment. Oh yeah, and all I could think about was being the pumpkin man and my pumpkin helmet forced to dance in front of everything.
Speaker 6: So, Calyssa, to answer your question, if your friend invited his mom to the wedding too to force him to dance, then you would definitely be out on the floor.
Speaker 2: Wheel.
Speaker 3: We're not inviting anyone's mom's to weddings, Okay.
Speaker 1: I think you're thinking of this the wrong way though, Calisa, like, maybe just give him a chance to dance with you eventually, because the good experience will outweigh the trauma that he had, and maybe he'll learn to love it all over again.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, I was going to say, like hard no, but I guess I'm open to it. I just want to be with someone that is like fun and can dance, and I don't want to be dealing with their past traumas.
Speaker 2: Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Like, does that not exist?
Speaker 2: No, it's on.
Speaker 6: If you're willing to commit to dropping all of your past traumas right now.
Speaker 2: Then she would be willing to give you a chance. That's all I gotta do. I'm perfect.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: We're joking, but I think that what he's trying to say is everybody comes with baggage, okay, And if your baggage is simply that you are a little traumatized to dance, like, that's pretty light baggage. You can say, dating the pumpkin King.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean all right, but you have to dance with me next time we're going dance the second date. I'm only going if you go dancing with me.
Speaker 6: Wow, as long as he doesn't have to dress in an orange skin tight outfit with a pumpkin over his head, he should be able to overcome it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'd be open to wearing still the pumpkin skin tight suit, just not the helmet.
Speaker 2: Just shows off his guns.
Speaker 1: At this point, I see, all right, so I'm going to go with don't wear that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I wouldn't even carve pumpkins as a couple away from them. Yeah, that's our suggestion, But again, this is your decision, Evan, and Calista did say she was up for giving you one more chance if you danced.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it. I'll get out there. I'll show what little moves I have.
Speaker 1: No one expects guys to have many moves.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Why do I feel like after like six or seven years. As like the Pumpkin guy, he's going to be the best dancers all time.
Speaker 3: They let him come back every year.
Speaker 2: Yea lord of the Pumpkins is what he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, i'm, I'm I'm proud of you. I mean i'm I.
Speaker 2: Was sounding like his mom.
Speaker 3: Now, I was expecting to say no, like one hundred percent. So I think you handled it really well.
Speaker 2: So that's actually going to do his dance, gentlemen.
Speaker 6: All right, Back to Kevin Bacon again rooking Jeffrey in the morning. Oh man, I forgot to ask if she wanted to go with him to his therapy session after they got appetizers and chilis.
Speaker 2: That's where I went wrong with this. It's the perfect pairing.
Speaker 6: Little baby back Ribs followed bus some traumatized kids.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Oh, I mean, gosh, if this was your mom, Jeffrey, she would have already sent us the video of you doing the dance and that's spandex. But then talked about how good your jazz hands were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the thing.
Speaker 6: My mom continues to traumatize me well into adults on I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to do with the past.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready for therapy. Yet it's trauma in progress.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't know. It's cool that they went out together, that they agreed to give it a shot. Text nine two if you think they're actually a good match for each.
Speaker 1: Other, okay, yeah, and share your trauma stories from your child Is that what we want?
Speaker 2: On the textboard?
Speaker 1: We all have.
Speaker 3: Okay dancing videos instead, send your childhood traumas directly to Brooks Instagram that Brook Fox Fox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're trauma bonded.
Speaker 2: There we go, and remember you can find all of your second date updates.
Speaker 6: We put them up on our podcast wherever you get them at Brook and Jeffrey