Speaker 1: Get your Bobby Bones on or audio only today because something's wrong with the cameras.
Speaker 2: So it's more my computer. Man, oh it is broken because we used them last night. Yeah, I know on my computer. Like the ports, you know where you charge and put stuff.
Speaker 1: It's just those aren't working. Okay. Well, so for those wondering, we are here and we're live, but we're not on camera. So that's what's up. I saw Halloween costume that I felt like for the first time, and I don't think it's that I'm getting older. Ah, maybe it is, But I feel like people get offended because they choose to not be offended. So you choose to be offended because you can get off something very easily. If you see something that you don't like, you can easily swipe off, you can change the channel. It is a choice in life to be offended by something. And so there is a hole somewhere inside of you that needs to be filled, a void, and you fill that void with a fence if that void needs to be filled. And I saw all the Julia Fox Halloween costume, oh yeah, the Jackie, and I was like, that feels a bit inappropriate. That swipe up right? I chose not to be offended. Okay, so Eddie the costume was she was dressed as Jackie Kennedy pink a dress, the dress that she wore when the assassination happened, and after he was killed, she left the blood on it. So quote the American people could see what had happened. Sure, so was their blood on her dress was covered in it. No, you can't do that. You can't do that. No, Julia Fox is being slammed. And you would know her mostly from she did a Kanye for a while and then she's always like naked. She's always like wearing clothes that are just as close to naked as could possibly be.
Speaker 3: She likes attention, for sure.
Speaker 1: So she wrote a book and I obviously didn't read the book, but I had a friend that read the book and he doesn't care about her whatsoever. But a friend I think he lost to bet and had to read the book, and he was like, it was one of the best books he ever read. Really, he said, it was why old her life. It made me want to read the book, so I might read the book. I'm reading one now about uh racial equal It's called The Some of Us Racial Inequality. Meats economic inequality. It's actually pretty great. So that the juxtaposition are going from that to Julia Fox book does feel like it's one jump to like a hard jump. It's different.
Speaker 3: Oh she grew up?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so you're not saying anything.
Speaker 2: You're you're reading a page and you're just making you said she grew up.
Speaker 1: She's like, that's about.
Speaker 4: It, because then I'm like, I don't want to give anything away, but just give us. I guess I don't know, like what has she acted in, because it says here she's famous for many things, her captivating acting.
Speaker 1: She was an uncut gems.
Speaker 3: Oh, I guess you have a real role.
Speaker 1: Yeah she good? Yeah she would have goodne that cool. He was just in that football movie him. Yeah you didn't like that one? Yeah, but he was very weird in it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it says she grew up with parents that had a really volatile relationship it and she basically had to raise herself. Bobby What a possessive and abusive drug dealing boyfriend whose torment continued even from within Riker's Island.
Speaker 3: Her boyfriend went away to Riker's Island.
Speaker 1: What's ER's Island? Yeah, it's like one of the.
Speaker 4: Famous able to torment her from there. Yes, Bobby, it is.
Speaker 1: While he was in prison. I think it's still a lot. I think Rikers is still a thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, she went to jail and a psychiatric hospital. She worked as a dominatrix. Oh, so she got entangled with the sugar Daddy and then she had a heroin habit.
Speaker 1: It sounds like that's a good book.
Speaker 2: So when she wears Jackie o Nassis or Jackie Ken, yeah, that's story.
Speaker 1: I forgot. It's kind of like, okay, oh, I know, it's definitely part of what she does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean she said she wore it as a larger message of like thet Yeah, she her comment about it or when she was responding to the critics, and I'm paraphrasing here, but basically she saw like it was a beautiful, tragic moment for Jackie. Oh, and she wanted to represent that and the power that Jackie had in that moment and how strong she was.
Speaker 3: So that was what she was dressing up.
Speaker 1: As it sounds like what a PR team said, Hey, if you get some pushback on it.
Speaker 4: I saw someone comment under her that as they were like and this is when Chad GPT comes in nanty because it wrote it like this, very like perfect response to any haters.
Speaker 1: That sounds like I rarely go huh because we're numbed. Everything we talked about news that sucks. We're just a constant factory of having to create content. But I saw that, I was like, dang, that's hardcore. And then I scrolled out and I chose not to be offended. Yeah, because what does it Hell, that's what she wants. Yeah, and again, if you're offended, you have chosen to be offended. Now, if something happens that is happening where people are being hurt, that's not being offended. That's actually stepping in to make a difference. Am I going to do here? Step in?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Not Like, is there somebody leaves blowing outside the door? Yeah? Will you look and see if it's in my yard? Definitely gotta be man, it's gotta be right outside this. Yeah, just open the old curtains over there, because I just asked and someone said it's not my yard. Assume it is them. Okay, it's a poor guy, yes her, Okay, you can shut the curtain. That's all good. We don't have to watch them. I don't see him anymore. We just keep watching them. All right, let's just some voicemails here, all right.
Speaker 6: Number one, Eddie, dude, you literally didn't want your son to sign up for bad So why are you giving Amy a hard time about wrestling?
Speaker 3: Bam?
Speaker 1: Thank you caller that give you a hard time about wrestling. I don't know were you were kind of telling her. It's like, yeah, because she should let him wrestle, and she's like no. At the same time, you're not wanting your kid to do band. Band in wrestling is two different things. Yours is about the actual activity, you know what yours is about him doing something else that takes away from something. Eddie doesn't want his kid in band. But he's an athlete. He doesn't need to be in band. But you're somebody who plays music.
Speaker 2: Right, But but he I wasn't an athlete. Like athletes in school, they got special treatment. Man, they got like all the hot girls, like they had a different life than I did.
Speaker 1: And isn't that what you want for your kid? A better life? Here's what I would ask. My question would be, would you rather your kid go through a somewhat more difficult situation now? And have skills that can help him the rest of his life, as would be an investment or would you like them now to get the hey, I'm an athlete, and then it never actually matter because he didn't play college sports or NFL sports. Yeah, yeah, because he probably won't.
Speaker 2: He won't, he won't play probably won't play college.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think I would look at this as like putting money into four oh one k sure, which I don't do what you don't do, So I really don't know what that's like.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like he's got a good thing going. He's put a lot of work into basketball, he plays football, like follow those things. Why go into band just because you want to? It's it's an an elective that's offered.
Speaker 1: No, dude, just a good thing. But if he wants to do it, why keep him from doing because I can tell he really doesn't want to do it. You sound like Amy now? Did he ask you if he could do it? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't tell if what I'm doing is good or bad because you said that negative like you sound like amyoy.
Speaker 1: He sounds like Amy now because he did ask to do it. But even you said you don't think he did. I don't think he really really wanted You're you're both saying the same thing, and you both also don't want them doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no way that he can play basketball and football and then be in the band. There's just there's just no way.
Speaker 1: Well, you're saying a lot of there is no ways. When there is a way. It might be difficult, but there is a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people do it.
Speaker 1: I'm not even advocating that you're wrong. I'm I'm saying you're being hypocritical. And I'm also saying that if I were to pick something long term for a kid to do, it would be banned over sports. Yeah really, because that is a you don't remember the athletes in high school? What was their life like? I played every sport and I still get beat up, So it doesn't matter bad example. Yes, so, and I got to be pretty good about eleventh grade. That's when I started to actually like factor into our team. And still, yeah, you know, not didn't make me cooler. Yeah so, but man, I wish I would have been a band.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: If he does do band, he plays the drums, that's cool. Drum No drums is the worst and started to play a band. Why the snare drum do is awesome? Nothing's percussion. But imagine if he learned how to play music.
Speaker 2: I mean that would be cool and helpful in the future. Yeses he learned to play piano. I did think about, like, all right, he's like really good at basketball, right, so he doesn't play college or maybe he plays in a small college. That's the best case scenario. Doesn't play NBA. Obviously, what else can he do with that? Is he gonna be one of those as it goes to.
Speaker 1: The why and only on a coach or recreationally?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I worry about a little bit. What part he's just going to be the guy going to the park.
Speaker 1: But that's also okay if he loves doing it, as long as it doesn't hijack his life.
Speaker 4: You know what I was thinking about the other day that was like his parents, like we should do less to like things we say around our kids, like, look, I know my son's not going to do anything with wrestling, but like when we steer them a certain direction. I think, because my boyfriend was just talking about this the other day that like his dad sort of steered him, like his dad's a lawyer, and then Humans College in the Humans law school, and and my boyfriend's convinced to this day. He's like, I could have I'm a good basketball coach. No, no, he's a good coach.
Speaker 1: Not an NBA player.
Speaker 4: No, he doesn't think you play NBA. He could have played in college like he had, yes, but like at smaller schools. So that's why he did track at UVA, had like a partial scholarship there. He'd rather go there. But anyway, he's like I something about how it works. And he's coached, like you know those leagues that kids playing. He had one of those, like him and his dad they had this like league and they ran the whole thing and he loved it. And he's really good at coaching kids. He coaches his kids well. He can see that like a coaches. I don't see it, but he sees things well. And he's like, I know, without a doubt, like I could have been a high level type coach. And he's like, I often wonder what I would have done with that, but he sort of like listened to his dad and went a different direction. And you know, he's in his mid fifties now and he's like it's too late. There's nothing I can do now. But he's like, I don't know. He just wonders like if he would have pursued that passion, where he would have been And I'm like, not as.
Speaker 1: Rich, that's true, and oh maybe that's such a needle in a haystack. It's like, if you're a successful musician, you don't get into coaching or any art for money. Now, you might end up making money, but it's one in a million. Even great coaches sometimes don't get the right break. Like I have friends that are Division one football coaches now, and a big fight that we have on our sports show is these coaches are getting these fifty million dollars buyouts now thirty dollar buyouts, and it doesn't make them any happier. They don't want to be fired. They have plenty of money, and money's not what drove them to get to these places. Like, nothing about money drove at James Franklin at Penn State to be that good, because when you get into a job like that, it's not about money because there is no money for fifteen years. So if you're in goal is money, and if your in goal is money at anything, you're usually not going to make much money unless it's simply finance, and you get into finance. But if your in goal is money, you're not going to make a whole lot of money unless your actual avenue is money, and coaching your avenue is not money. So these guys get fired with all this money, all they want to go do is coach again. And it's not like they're getting their coaching money plus that money. So it doesn't make them any happier. When they get fired and they have thirty million dollars forty million dollars, they already have enough money. It doesn't affect their life, and it drives them crazy. And so.
Speaker 4: That's crazy that someone's not doing good at their job. And so then they have to get bought out for lots is.
Speaker 2: Good contract that they wrote, Yeah, when they take the deal, so's it protects both sides. So it also protects let's say you use James Franklin at Penn State who was the coach there who got fired, so they had to pay him fifty million bucks or they're going to have to, and in the end they're not going to have to.
Speaker 1: But because if he takes another job, some of that money, some of that money's mitigated. Yes, and so if he makes thirty million dollars, they'll get to py him twenty million, not the whole fifty. All that to be said, it protects both sides because if James Franklin has let's say a fifty million dollar buyout, and Oregon wants to hire him, they can't just hire him. They have to pay that fifty million dollar buy out to the school, so they can then hire James Franklin from the school. And in the same way, if James Franklin gets fired, it protects both sides. They have to pay, So it is on both sides. But I try to explain to folks when it comes to these coaching searches when they're like, man, who cares he got thirty million dollars? Is all good? No, No, he's going to keep coaching. And if thirty million dollars didn't affect anything, because if that money doesn't affect his bottom line, or because he made so much, they wouldn't have put that buy out to be that expensive.
Speaker 2: How much did the Texas A and m Jimbo Fisher over seventy seventy million.
Speaker 1: And he and he's and here's what I know about Jimbo Fisher. It's crazy. I'm gonna tell you the crazy thing about my life right now. My phone goes off from freaking coaches all the time now because the Arkansas job is open, and have nothing to do with that job.
Speaker 3: You're sorry, who's calling you?
Speaker 1: Well, they're texting for the most part.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're on like a group text.
Speaker 1: No, different different coaches, coaches are texting you. Yes, it's I've and I tell him I have nothing to do with the college with the coaching search. Whether they're like, well, we know your donor and you're close, and I'm like, I'm really not that close anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be close. I don't even like some of the people up there. Is that what you tell him?
Speaker 1: Kind of? I go, hey, I'm not as involved as you might think, and they're like yeah, but you can like say something, or you can like publicly say something. That's crazy. Man. I told Eddie last night, there's one really famous coach that I know once the Arkansas job, and people would freak out if they knew who it was. And I wouldn't say a camera because I don't want to. I don't want to like blow him up. But it's just a bizarre time in my life right now.
Speaker 4: So you know he wants a job because he texted you.
Speaker 1: He told someone to text me because he can't text me. Yeah, okay, it's weird anyway, that is think would be no, yes, no, I don't know. I don't think you'll get it, but I think it would be It would be crazy, right, that would be very crazy. It would be very crazy. Anyway. My whole point is, and I'm not even sure how this star. We're not on camera. You wouldn't so you can don't say it. It's not this versus just now that though people also heard you say Bill belishak. He said.
Speaker 4: Whatever, that'd be crazy. He looks so funny out there on the field with his little outfit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's play on the Voicemaill, go ahead. I am curious.
Speaker 6: Is your last name your mom's last name, or your dad's last name knowing your childhood? All right, thanks, byte.
Speaker 1: My real last name is my biological father's last name, because my real mom and my real dad were married and they were together until I was five, So that's five years of You don't remove a kid's name after five years. I don't think, and I never once Arkansas Keith came in, I was already like thirteen twelve or thirteen. I wasn't going to change my name. So my biological name is my biological father's last name. It's a good question though, all right.
Speaker 7: Next, got a comment on a segment about lunch Spot figured out where stomach pains coming from.
Speaker 8: He love to eat his toenails.
Speaker 4: Okay, you eat a lot of toenails. It's stuck in your stomach, called stomach pain. Love the show, Long time listener, Morning Studio.
Speaker 1: Okay, that has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 8: I mean I've been eating my toenails my whole life.
Speaker 1: It is nothing. Yeah, it's just like stacked toenails from his whole life. And finally it hit the pain point.
Speaker 2: They did say that diverticulitis or whatever is like things getting stuck and making it expectful.
Speaker 1: So so toenail's pricking little holes diverticulitis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would be dead if it was diver ticulitis, if it was in four months, if it's going on that long and you have something.
Speaker 8: Blocked up in there, you'd be.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's diver.
Speaker 1: Heo ooh, good one. All right. Next, one up.
Speaker 7: Just watch the Carolina Panthers Kream Bay Packers game, and Bobby, I just want to congratulate you. But I'm a pactice fan, so I was really hoping that they would not make that feel gold. I did, so congratulations, y'all, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Panthers won again. Keep pounding.
Speaker 2: Does it frustrate you that you join the fan base and they start winning, but yet you are a lifelong Arkansas razorback fan if they cannot win? No, And because some may say, dude, you jumping in on this Panthers fan base.
Speaker 1: I think it's helped the trajectory of the team. James the whole thing. Yeah, I do think it's helped the trajectory of the team. They're just not the same one. I've been a fan of my whole life, Arkansas and the other I've been a fan of my whole life, but for like a month and I don't even like the colors, the blue, the electric blue. I'm growing, it's growing on me. I just like everything red. But I'm getting there. But we keep pounding. Hey, what a game? What a game? What a game? For sure? That was a good one. Uh yeah, it is kind of cool though, to watch them win, because I'm in like a little Twitter group of Panther fans. You are, Oh, basically all we do is keep right, keep pounding found. Yeah, that's basically all.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I guess some other stuff we're gonna do here. How about Eddie saw a celebrity in the wild. I did kind of a the C list. I don't know that I'm really up for the game. Here's before you, before you tell your story. I had a tickle threat this morning. What's a tickle threat? I think you know what a tickle threat is. No, you wake up and you're like, oh God, is that a tickle.
Speaker 4: In your throat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh okay, Wow, I've never heard that. Yeah. I just made it up because it does feel like a threat. Yeah. It's like, uh, oh, I'm threatening you. You might be getting sick.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's always.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that that I think about this often when I started to get sick. It's like there's always that moment where you're you're fine, and then.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're not here. I had it last night. We were recording twenty five whistles. Right in the middle of me talking, it goes tickle threat. Oh, and I was like, oh God, and telling the alarm. Yeah, and so you're like swallowing, going, okay, you're like double and triple checking. Okay. So I started getting sore and then I went and I took some allergy medicine. It's been raining here, and then I'm googling just rein hert and then so I got a tickle threat and my stomach's upset, and I don't think I'm sick. If I'm sick, I can't have surgery this week. Oh no, I gotta have surgery to it hurts so bad. Can you not tell the doctor that you're sick? You can? I don't want to poop everywhere, though, doery because you're going to be out. Yeah, I show up in diaper? Do you do? You always do? You never know? I So I got a tickle threat and my stomach is a little upset, and it's like I'm still checking like every fifteen seconds, like swallowing, yeah, And so that's what's up. Just tick like ibuprofen. That's what I do.
Speaker 2: And even though if I'm still sick, I don't feel it.
Speaker 1: It's kind of pushed through. Well, I pushed through, And I think there's also a thing too, where you say you're not sick. But when you finally admit you're sick to yourself, that's when it fully freaking run. Yeah, like you can lose to it. Yes, you for sure can lose to it if you never admit it. And you can lose to sickness and there's nothing you can do about it. A virus has taken over the body or a bacteria has taken over the But there's also a point too where you're fighting it. And as soon as you go yep, I think I'm sick, it's just like the wrecking ball boom. You've given up. You've given up.
Speaker 3: Well, the quicker you surrender, the quicker, it's over.
Speaker 1: That sounds weird. That does sound weird. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, do commit to the illness?
Speaker 1: No we know, Eddie. Yeah, oh oh oh my, tell us your story. Celebrity in the wild. Yes.
Speaker 2: I was at a basketball game, my kids basketball game, and it was like a small town outside of town, like it wasn't in Nashville. And I see this celebrity kind of walk in, look around, kind of look for a place to sit, and then walk back out. I was like, oh, I know, who that is. No one bothered him just but did he ever come back after that? Our game was over? And then I saw him in the parking lot walking back in Okay, kids, but yeah, he's he was watching his kids.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't because I know, because I got a tickle threat of setting it up with. Yeah. I don't really have the capacity to do the guessing game, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Trying to guess based on someone i've seen once before.
Speaker 1: If you want to play the game, go ahead. My tickle threat keeps me from like being super engaged.
Speaker 4: Was he married? Was he once married to someone way more famous?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean, that doesn't come into mind. I don't even I know he's married, but I don't even know his wife.
Speaker 3: They got divorced.
Speaker 1: Who are you thinking?
Speaker 4: I was talking about that guy that was married to Kristin Cavalary. Yeah him, I saw him at a lot about Skewall Gains.
Speaker 1: What's weird about those two is that your perception of him not being as famous as her as crazy because it just depends on what world you're at.
Speaker 4: He was very football player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, my bad.
Speaker 1: No, No, no, you're right, except they're also right to go yeah, Jake Cuhler was married to the girl, a reality person not as famous as he is, and that's right too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: They both just have their lanes that they're very big in. I like. I like nothing. By the way, for the record, I like Kristin. That's all their record. Yeah, well no, I don't want it to be a shot in any way. Christ has always been so nice to me and so nice to Kaitlyn. So I was just saying that both could be seen never I never met her. Yeah, she's to me always been a plus. And to Caitlyn, she's always been a plus. So I like Kristin. Who was it? It was Dylan Scott?
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have never guess Dylan Scott. I know he's been in my son's basketball games too. Okay, kind of same area town he did.
Speaker 8: He did the same thing too, where he came in and looked around a little bit and then walked out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, just sit down, no knows who you are, just just watch the game. I don't I don't think it was about him seeing it's probably just like see if they're enough seats or something. I don't know, but like leave the game your kids playing. I'd watch the game no matter who I was. No, I don't think the game had started yet school.
Speaker 2: I think he had just kind of walked in, was looking maybe what court he's playing or whatever, and then walk back up.
Speaker 1: We will not be slandering Dylan Scott here will I will not allow because I like Dylan. I think Dylan's great. I think Dylan, from my experience with him, super humble guy. No Dylan Scott slander. No, Dylan's a nice guy. But I just was saying, like, honestly, like if you put them in a lineup, it's.
Speaker 4: Like which ones you don't know why he was walking out.
Speaker 3: You're as signing that he yes.
Speaker 2: It is weird that we both saw the same thing though, that's strange. Yes, head in looked and then walked back out, and maybe he's just seeing if there's how many kids the f I don't know never saw his kids.
Speaker 1: I won't accept the slander, but it was kind. I was cool.
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't get close enough to see him because I think that I can probably say, hey, what's up, Dylan? He would know who I was, maybe maybe not no, Hey it's Eddie, but like, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: You, you're on the radio. Was there a Halloween decoration in one of your neighbor's yards? Oh dude, this was this was a thing.
Speaker 2: So it was Saturday, so it was past Halloween, and this decoration was in my neighbor's yard. It was kind of windy that day, so it kept going off. It was like like two in the morning and we could hear it. All the kids would come in from the our bedroom be like, what's that noise?
Speaker 1: Something's outside making noise? Like what do you? What is it?
Speaker 2: So finally investigated, I found out that it was a decoration in my neighbor's yard, and my wife's like, go unplug it. I was like, what, they can't go to my neighbor's yard and unplug their decoration because it's keeping you up.
Speaker 1: So I unplugged it. Yeah I would have too. I'm probably on her door cam like I'd be the only thing that was a little weird because I would unplugg it ninety nine out of one hundred times. The only one time would have been do I want to be on our door camp?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: I thought, I'm in my pj's like, oh, in that black and white door camp.
Speaker 1: But I had to do it, So I'm not going to call you and be like, were you did you unplug our thing? They may see it and just be like that's not cool and hold it against you for some reason.
Speaker 2: Well it was Saturday. I haven't said anything, but I don't know. It's just I felt weird doing it, but I had to do it because it was so loud.
Speaker 1: Amy ran into John Christ at the Tennessee football game. He's just sitting.
Speaker 3: I saw him walking like by the concessions.
Speaker 1: You guys know who that is? Comedian?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he came on the show. When you think that was that was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: It was fun dating Lauren and Lena, right, yeah, So, I mean.
Speaker 4: This has been quite some time, and that's honestly the only time I've met him. So I don't know him.
Speaker 1: You know, that was pre canceled, right, and that was before Yes, that.
Speaker 3: Was before he got canceled.
Speaker 4: I still I follow him on Instagram, and so his stuff pops up for me a lot.
Speaker 1: I laugh.
Speaker 4: I feel like I know him, but I don't. And then his podcast stuff will even show up. I don't follow that, but it'll show up in my suggested I'm like oh that's funny. And so I see him and I wouldn't normally say like I don't know, but he walks up by me and I was like, John, like we know each other, but we don't. And I was like in my head, I'm like, why did I just say his name? Stupid like I didn't know it. So then I start stumbling because I'm like, well, you don't we you've come on the show before I work. I'm on the and I'm talking this way, and I'm like, I'm on the Bobby Bone Show and you've come on. And he was like, oh yeah, yeah, oh okay, yeah, I know who you are. We played softball together. And I was like okay, and I walk away and I'm like, no, that's definitely Morgan, Like Morgan has played softball with him, unless like we're going back years and years, way way back, ten years ago when maybe I played or something. But he definitely was just trying to be nice and like, oh, Bobby bon Joe, oh softball, Oh yeah, I know who you are. I played with you. And I walked away him like you know you don't know.
Speaker 1: Who I am. Morgan? Did you play softball with John recently?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 8: We were on the same team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it was one of those moments that I just walked away and I was like, I don't know what just happened. I should have just done the thing like.
Speaker 1: Hill, don'torry about it because it's gonna be like that. Morgan from The by Bun Show came up to me and she was kind of annoying.
Speaker 4: I definitely don't think I was annoying. I tried to make this as like quick as possible, but I blurted out his name, and I'm like, it's just one of those cases of like you follow someone.
Speaker 3: On Instagrams and then you feel like you know them.
Speaker 4: And if I was genuinely this huge fan, I've been like love your work, big fan, but I don't know or even.
Speaker 1: Like John Christ Yeah, you're like Jay Dog.
Speaker 4: Like oh Jay, like we know each other, like we're friends. And I was like, this is just I didn't handle this well because of course we like it. If someone like the a Listener came up to me, so that's great, like, but they're like I love listening to Joey Listen all the time. If there's like a story attached, I had nothing I was like John doup no Ce, except for we don't know each other.
Speaker 2: I did that with the coach from Friday Night Lights, Kyle Chandler Cole Chandler. I saw him in the restroom at a movie theater.
Speaker 9: I was like, Kyle, what's up, dude, and he was like, what the I'm convinced though, because I think people will do that with me occasionally, but I never think anything negative because I just I put it on me and go, I'm such a douche because I.
Speaker 1: Don't remember who that is. Yeah, they'll do the whole thing and they'll be like Bobby, I'm like, what's up, hey, man, really good to see you. Good to see you too, and what's been happening? I don't know, man, my wife pride. And then we'll get into a conversation and in my head, I'm going, I don't know who this is. But in case I have I don't mean in case I've like worked with them in some capacity, and so we walk away and it could be one of those situations where it's somebody just listens to the show. But in my head, I'm like, I'm a terrible person because I did not remember who they were, and I may have never met them. I wouldn't put it. Good to see you, yeah, oh yeah, always.
Speaker 4: That's exactly how it was, he said he felt.
Speaker 3: He goes, I know who you are.
Speaker 1: It's like Lane in a lunchbox. She's like, hey, hey, buddy, there you are.
Speaker 6: There he is.
Speaker 1: Because she hit him with her there he is there, he is lunchbox. Didn't you say there he is?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: She goes, I thought that was you. It's exactly like that. It's like, oh, I know, thought that was you. I wish you had to hit her with the who who did you go? You can tell she knew who I was. She never said your name, so I didn't say, hey, say my name, but didn't you say Laney? Yeah? And I said how's it going? She just I thought that was you.
Speaker 8: I was like, sorry, chasing my kids, you know, And she goes, yeah, have a good day.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you no chance.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say no chance, but eighty three percent chance that she did not know who lunched Mike solid. But I'm gonna give him seventeen percent chance because if they hit you with just I thought that was you without a specific comment, they didn't think it was you? They just say that sometimes yeah, they would fall over the name. Yeah, I thought that was you. How's the show going, what's up some sort of specific question.
Speaker 2: It's risky, though, man, talking to these celebrities risky. That's kind of why I saw Dylan Scott. I'm like, I'm not gonna go, so, like, why is it risky? You risk the whole Like there he is, Oh, you don't know who I am?
Speaker 1: Got it? Got it? We had. This episode comes up on Friday on the Bobby Cast and the show. Vincent Mason is an artist who new Artists is killing. He's went out and opening the Morgan wall in big shows in the stadiums. He's got a song called Hell on the Dance Floor that's got one hundred million streams, so he's really making it. One of these new artists that have blown up on TikTok, but they've he's also done it in like the traditional sense as well. And he came in and we started talking. I never met him before, and he was like, I've seen you in my gym a couple of times, and I know for a fact he hasn't because I haven't gone to a gym. We have a gym at the house. Yeah, And there's only two ways you can do that. One you got to cut it off right then and be like you haven't, or two you just be like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, and you just keep going. Which way did I do it?
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, I think you just like let it be.
Speaker 1: No chance Bobby won't let it be. I would let it be. I'd be like cool, yeah, yeah, I don't think there's no chance. Bobby would be like, no, man, I haven't gone to the gym in a long time. It probably wasn't me. I said, what gym? And so he said I said, no, I don't go to the I said, we have gym right here on the property. That ain't me, and he's and it was a funny moment. I didn't feel like it was so embarrassing that it would have like put him on his heels. And he was like, there's somebody looks exactly like you who I never go talk to because I'm always nervous go talk to them. And I'm like, hey, that ain't me, man. So I always say too that it's always like really weird people that just woar glasses. When people think they're me, they don't have to really look anything like me. Sometimes they get so offend to people tag They're like, are you in Rapid City? I was this you and it's this dude. He looks like sloth but with glasses, and I like, but he's.
Speaker 4: Wearing dark arm glasses and I'm like, people think I look like so are you know Pastor Matt He gets it a.
Speaker 1: Lot, he does, And I don't think he looks anything like Bobby. Oh I do. I scroll across his stuff sometimes and I think it's me. If you do, you even think it's you?
Speaker 4: You do have their hair bigger.
Speaker 3: You don't on a video.
Speaker 1: You don't see the video.
Speaker 3: Know how tall he is with you?
Speaker 2: It's a video two guys that I've that looked like Bobby or anyway, Pater.
Speaker 4: Eddie's like, no, Pastor about sixty five.
Speaker 1: Oh he's a big dude. Okay, but you don't you can't tell.
Speaker 10: Well, I see him in person, right, but you can't tell on Instagram right, Like when I scroll by, if it's just him, it does look like me. There's another guy who does a podcast called Disgraceland who who I scroll through.
Speaker 1: And he looks like me sometimes too. You know what Johnny Knoxville kind of looks like you.
Speaker 4: Oh, Johnny Knoxville was at the game.
Speaker 3: He did that.
Speaker 1: I've been hit twice whether you Johnny Knoxville's in the past two weeks.
Speaker 4: The only difference with that is his hair is solid gray. Oh really totally like when he took the field, I was like, that is he looks very, very similar except for just a full head of gray hair.
Speaker 3: He let it, let it go.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for him, I mean, but I could do see how y'all look alike.
Speaker 1: When I was in Arkansas? Did I tell the story on this point?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: When I was in Arkansas, we went to the basketball game and the football game, and after the basketball game DJ, my brother in law, who coaches softball at Arkansas, we were leaving the basketball game and we were stopping by Brahms because Grace's wife wanted some ice cream. So we're stopping by and I go up and I'm like, hey, do you have any dairy free options? And the guy's like just stoned out of his mind and he's like, dude, it's ice cream.
Speaker 6: It is dairy.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, you don't have any and all good and so He then turns around and goes, hey, can I ask you a question? And that's a place that I get talk to and recognized a lot. That's where I'm from. So the whole evening is pictures and that's great. I love it. And he's like and so I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know he's about to say you buy bones, and he goes here Johnny Knoxville, and I'm like, no, man, I'm sorry about that. But I had two, like a car kids here in front of me, like we were driving down the road and they're like, roll stop, roby went it down. And I'm like, all right, so I roll my winded down. We're driving and it's like thirty five and they're like, here are you Johnny Knoxville in my car? Yeah? The car? So okay, come Amy went to the Tennessee Oklahoma football game this weekend. It was good.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, intense. Those fans are intense.
Speaker 1: I think whose fans you t it's weird to call them ut I know it is for me to multiple you're from Austin.
Speaker 4: I'm from Austin, so I'm very much like no ut longhorns. But you know, you spend one night there and you've learned, Okay, so you know, like that place is huge, like and you are packed in there like sardines.
Speaker 1: They do have one of the best game night environments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty cool in all of college football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the band was legit.
Speaker 3: They had a light show before.
Speaker 1: They do great lights during the game too.
Speaker 4: DJ like it was.
Speaker 1: It was bumping.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie like it was fun. However, I'm not like a UT fan. I could have I could have easily cheered for Oklahoma, except for I was surrounded by UT people, so I would not have done that. There were Oklahoma people there. They were definitely outnumbered, and I I had to take a break at one point and like just like walk like the where the concessions and bathrooms are because I was so claustrophobic in our seats. And all of a sudden, I hear Amy and I look over and it's two Oklahoma fans and they are listeners of the show, Jamie and Tana, and they were hanging out and by the concession area because they The wife was so overwhelmed because the UT fans were being so rude to her at their seats, like her eyes were kind of even watering like she's like, it's she goes not gonna lie. It's brutal in there. So I was just out here taking a break, and she said, on our drive up here, she said to her husband, I heard on the Bobby Bone Show that Amy's gonna be here. Do you think we'll run into her? And he said, Babe, one hundred and two thousand people are in this stadium. There is no way we are seeing Amy. And I said, well it was meant to be because I needed a break, you needed a break, and then boom, we found each other.
Speaker 1: She said. The fans were being hard on her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess whatever. And I'm sure this isn't every UT fan, but where they were sitting, the fans around them were being particularly rude and harsh because they were like the only Oklahoma people, and of course they had on all their gear.
Speaker 3: It's got to be hard.
Speaker 1: The worst place that I've ever been where fans were meanest to me was ut Texas, Texas. The O ye I was on Rokansas stuff. They were very mean to me, like throwing stuff at us.
Speaker 3: I mean, what what's up on my behavior?
Speaker 1: The older I get, the dumber that is, like everybody's just there rooting on their teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no but there's no there's no reason to be rude.
Speaker 1: They have to be kids, right, like they're not adults, are drunk adults. Oh boy, My wife's massive Oklahoma fans. So we watched the game. She was pretty happy with that. It was Oklahoma's first, like when on the road versus a ranked team, they kind of needed that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was good to get that win before the bye week. I heard the quarterbacks say that, I mean.
Speaker 1: You sounded like you knew what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I know, And then I was like, I hope, I hope.
Speaker 4: I said that.
Speaker 1: Right. How is your hotel room?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: It was not good?
Speaker 1: Really no.
Speaker 4: I had to kind of take what we could get, and we needed two rooms because I went my boyfriend and his kids and so they had a room and then I had a room, and to get two rooms last minute, and everything was booked in this town, like everything because so many people. And my room was horrible. It smelled like cigarettes, like it reaked so bad. And this is a non smoking hotel. So the people before me, clearly I don't know if they were puffing the whole time. They were there.
Speaker 1: They probably couldn't get a room. They were smokers. It was like, this is on a room we can get, Yeah, but this was after.
Speaker 4: They were seeing there before the game. Like I was there the game weekend.
Speaker 1: You don't think it was just melted into the walls like from years and years.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe, so I have to go down and I want to say something because I want them to know I wasn't the one smoking.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what can we do? And they're like, man, we have no other rooms.
Speaker 4: So I left there, and it reminded me of when I used to go stay with my grandma when I was a kid. They smoked and I would come back home and like, my luggage, my clothes, my everything spelled like cigarettes.
Speaker 1: That was me.
Speaker 4: I could not wait to shower when I got home. They did give me some cleaning supplies, but then my room.
Speaker 1: They gave you yes to the room like a mob and a bucket.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you we should have just driven home because but we were like, well what if we're tire because it's a night game. So the hotel room is a last minute decision. And I'm telling you we had to take a week to get and I so then my room smelled like chemicals, meat, cigarette smoke, and I then I just left and I was thinking later, I was like, what would the guys do, because I feel like I don't want a refund driven home, but I have a car and their room didn't smell like cigarette.
Speaker 3: I was the only one dealing with it.
Speaker 1: Maybe I would have slept them. I'll stay with them. I would have just stayed in this cigarette round, no deal with it, and then realize and then realize we booked it so late. This is what you get when you book late. There's very few options, so you take what you can get. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, I mean the overall experience was like I feel the stadium like this is like a bucket list item for some people, like even some of my friends from Texas that saw me post about the stadium that are Longhorns, They're like bucket lists to go to that stadium just to experience it. I'm like, Okay, well cool, check because I'm not going back.
Speaker 1: Did you sing Dent the whole the song the whole time for the rest of the night Rocky Top because they played it over and over again. No, he didn't know. You didn't remember it?
Speaker 4: Oh, Rocky Top Me, oh, oh, yes, well yes, I mean some of it. I absorb a lot of it. It was chaos where we were sitting though, because at our seats, the box behind us had Morgan Wall and THEO Vaughn and Peyton Manning, and so people were trying to make their way to our section just to get pictures and videos of him, and the ushers were like super annoyed and they should be. It was obnoxious, like every time I would come back, like if I went to the bathroom or came back, They're like, do you have a seat here or you just try and I'd be like I would purposely like put my phone away, not even look up towards the box because I wanted them to know I'm not interested in these people. I just want to go to my seats, and they're like, where are your seats? I was like section T T twenty six or something, I don't know, and it was chaos, like so many people were just trying to get their picture of Morgan and THEO of them, not with them, of them, yeah, and they're like Morgan like yelling at him, and I'm like, so I was just like, I'm not with these people I mean, I wasn't, but I didn't want anybody to think I was.
Speaker 1: You're not going to believe the next thing. I'm going to tell you what. Arkansas lost again And he's like, no, I believe it. Yeah, that's the point. It's not shot. We lost again. It burn it down, burn the whole thing down. That's time to burn it down.
Speaker 3: Burn it down. Yeah, So what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Get rid of everybody when need to start over.
Speaker 4: Like a players, coaches, everybody time to move on. There's not one thing you'd keep.
Speaker 1: Maybe burn all the uniforms, you know, maybe everything. Yeah, they should get some of those cleaning supplies. And they just wipe it all down.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It was terrible. We were winning the whole game. Oh oh Gode, Yeah, Like, who are you playing Mississippi State? They're terrible.
Speaker 3: You were supposed to win, yes, and.
Speaker 1: We were winning the whole game. And like our fans want to blame the refs, but and the refs weren't good, But you can't let a team that's that bad beat you. So it was definitely not the ref's fault. There were calls, but I'm also not a big ref blamer, but it was so stupid anyway, we lost again. I think it's like seven in a row. I can't top ten.
Speaker 3: I mean, are y'all winning at losses?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're the national champions of losses. Job. I don't like, what did I do to deserve this in life? I've never had a championship football team my whole life. Like, what do I do? I pay taxes, I help people, I do. I can't get anything. You pay taxes? Yeah, I do. We all do, man, you know I do it. I do it early. I help people, I do all I can. I can't get it kills me and I love. I'd like to say this for the record, I love my wife. Okay, I'm getting a little irritated with her team winning. Oh yeah, because she's an Oklahoma fan stuff. And we watched our game and she's not in any way rude about it. She's like, how come you guys always like blow it at the end, like I know, And then she wins again in Tennessee and like barely. But that's a good it's a good win.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: They paying my taxes. It sucks so bad. It's like my favorite thing in the world, and I can't it's I can't even get like a do you think you can?
Speaker 4: Would you ever consider you know, how you just I know, even a lifelong Panthers fan, but also it's new.
Speaker 3: Would you would you ever consider switching college?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 1: No chance? It's such a part of my identity and everything about me. No chance. I love them too much. Would you ever get rid of a kid? No, it's the same to me, I think about it. Yeah, well I'm glad. Well it was your whole crew upset. You guys lost.
Speaker 3: No, I learned.
Speaker 4: I told you right before. I learned that they're not really fans. Like my boyfriend just really wanted his boys to go again. Their their mom went there, that was herndergrad, so they kind of went more of like, Okay, this is something to experience. But he said he even has a hard time, like he wasn't when Oklahoma was would score He almost was.
Speaker 3: Like happy for them.
Speaker 4: He's like, I just have a really hard time cheering for ut for some reason. He's like, I don't know what it is. So I was like, okay, cool, cool, we don't have to come back.
Speaker 1: Would you change your teams? Come on, Amy, this fud's gonna be hard it's one of those Oh I hate when you started like that. All right, So the top ten free things we're all guilty of not throwing away, so we get on for free and then we just hoard them, we keep them. Okay. It's one of the harder feuds, but it's also very relatable and fine. Nobody may get a single one, you may get all of them. So we rolled the dice backstage. Who's first? Mike Eddie? Eddie is first, So ten answers are on the board. Top ten free things we're all guilty of not throwing away, all right, give me T shirts?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was looking to no what oh free T shirts? T shirteaky. I don't think a lot of people get free T shirts like we do, though, because we'ren't it industry where there's a lot of free merch going around, we get a lot of.
Speaker 3: Free T shirt coozies.
Speaker 1: That's good, all right? Show me that's so many again, probably industry specific? Wow, how many we got?
Speaker 2: Like nine?
Speaker 1: Parker mccollon coozies? Up here? We do?
Speaker 8: Okay, lunchbox, I'm gonna go with sunglasses.
Speaker 1: That's good, free sunglasses, boy, we may go. Did you check down list again. All right, I got something. As you get older, you realize just how many of these things that you've accumulated. Yes, for some reason, we all feel the necessity to keep things we get for free, because we're convinced that'll we useful one day. Except they're not. Eddie. We get free mugs, coffee mugs.
Speaker 8: Okay, wow, this is getting hard, Amy cups.
Speaker 1: Well, they already said.
Speaker 4: It's very different, like I was thinking.
Speaker 8: Lunchbox bags. Man, you go to places, I hand you a little.
Speaker 5: Bag here, carry your stuff, grocery store bags on the.
Speaker 1: If that guy didn't get one of the free ones, nobody was going on there. Eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good, all right, give me paper fans. Those fans you go to a game and you keep them in your car.
Speaker 1: Fans, Man, you're close. Eddie, pens, you go to the bank, good, go ahead, keep the pen. Good. Do they ever say that or do they chain it bank? I go to pens. Wow, it's not good. Yeah, this one is too hot. Are we going to what? Six rounds?
Speaker 8: No, we're going through you, man.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go till everybody gets all of them here all day the Sabbath on Amy hats mad hat you did win? Well, no, I just said I I had a riden hat much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean you you go to place like, oh, here's a magnet, put it on your fridge.
Speaker 1: Magnet. Lunch walks one, you got one, right, sixteen points, let's go we get two with zero though. Oh yeah, we tied for last. That's what matters. So what in the world you give us a hint? Well, no, I just give you all them now. No, No, because you got we got her Who's house? Okay? Something you probably have in your refrigerator, Oh got it? Been given for free?
Speaker 8: Gives to you for free for free a condiment, correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you get the condiments in the.
Speaker 1: Bag continent packages. That's true. How about this one? Something that comes in your bag when you order food, Well, napkins, but I keep mine in my car.
Speaker 3: Plastic.
Speaker 1: How about something also that's in your bag?
Speaker 8: Are you saying me plastic silverware?
Speaker 1: To I see where you're going with this, like literal.
Speaker 4: Free, like marketing merchant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's what we get all the time.
Speaker 8: You were all stuck on that.
Speaker 1: The other ones are hotel.
Speaker 8: Toiletries, lunch box.
Speaker 3: You should have gotten that.
Speaker 1: Prepackaged screws from furniture that you don't use. A lot of cardboard boxes from Ray's cutting me off all my hand what's on there? Because he gift bags and tissue paper so when you get a gift you keep it. Yeah yeah, old cords and charging cables just in case. One of those, and extra buttons that come with new clothes, like the buttons.
Speaker 4: Are free, like they they cost money.
Speaker 1: One of those We're just gonna put on the podcast. What yeah, this is a podcast segment. Wish I could go back and play that one again?
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, there you have it, everybody, Thank you, all right, thank you guys. We will see you tomorrow. Hope you have a great rest of the day and anything you have anything out today? We got a twenty five Whistles. It's up. We did it last night, so it's up on the feed now. But you can check out that show.
Speaker 4: Do you need Oh no, we have stuff up you and check it out. But then at midnight a new episode willlode every Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't put them up at midnight.
Speaker 3: I don't know I'm saying that. Is it not midnight? What times I put them?
Speaker 1: Could we should put up a two am Oh why because West Coast and doesn't show up is yesterday? Oh do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Let me see what time we put it up.
Speaker 1: So if you put it up at midnight here, it's fine, it goes up. But Mountain time, it's eleven o'clock THEIRS and it's ten o'clock Pacific. So on the podcast, when it says when it came out, it's going to go yesterday, it's not gonna look like as new of an episode. Gona feel old small wha masking. Okay, just tell your producer two am.
Speaker 4: I'm asking he may do too.
Speaker 3: He lives on West Coast.
Speaker 1: So I yeah, midnight West Coast is the time to post stuff if you're gonna do it during the opening.
Speaker 3: He lives in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. Dang, your producer lives in Seattle.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Dang, geez hoes in different area codes, in different area codes. All right, we're out. You guys, have a great rest of the day. We will see you tomorrow. By Buddy