Speaker 1: The mock to end all mocks.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody, the Fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is Meet Joey b Joe Piezapia, and today.
Speaker 1: It's our final mock draft episode of draft season, Mock Draft five point zero, to see what we've learned. We've already had some adjustments to rosters these last few days, so that's going to impact this draft certainly. And I got me thinking, you know what's better than one Joe on the show. Two Joe's. That's right, Joe Bond is joining us today from Fantasy six pack. Of course, you know him on the Twitter machine at f six p underscore Joe. He is a top five rancor four times here Fantasy Pros. My goodness, who better to do this mock draft with Joe? From one Joe to another. It's great to have you back on the program. And I'm excited to finish this last mock draft with you and then start the real season next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, man, thanks for having me on. And yeah, man, I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: What better way to finish off of all of your shows with two Joe's man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the Joe superPAC Baby. I love it. Let's go. I mean the one one and the one two of Joe's right there, you of course being the one one. I'm the one too. But Joe's also doing double duty today. He's got dad duty, He's got the little one watching Disney. Plus I think, uh so he's gonna basically has one hour, which is tells you why the Draft Wizard is so special because we can knock out mock draft so quickly, and I encourage all of you out there to do the same at fantasypros dot com slash Draft Wizard. Today, we're gonna be using our multi user draft software as we always do. But there's the mock draft lobby. You can go in and get in drafts. You can use the multi user draft software to send links to friends, you can all join together into one. You can do ones with strangers, you can do ones on your own, so many different options for you to run these simulations. They're quick, they're easy, they're educational, that's the most important thing, and it gets you ready and prepared for your actual drafts you've got coming up probably this weekend. This is the weekend to be drafting. So I'm sure everyone's got a whole lot of drafts going through these next few days. And again that's a Fantasypros dot com slash Draft Wizard. And don't forget you could watch the draft live on our YouTube channel as well, YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. Subscribe to the YouTube channel, click that notifications bell and don't forget Leading Off is gonna be happening Monday through Friday, every single day. Baseball for your face, for your ears with me the Welsh and our lovable cast of characters here Fantasy Pros. And if you subscribe to the YouTube channel, you might as well win some free stuff, So go to Fanacypros dot com slash contest again, that's MLB contest. Pardon me, Fantasypros dot com slash MLB contest to get that Austin Riley autograph jerseys one of our subscribers is going to win thanks to our good pals at Christine Auction dot com. So, Joe, today, we're gonna run a little five by five. We're gonna go back. We did Points League last week. We've done six by six, We've we've run all these different simulations. But now it's time to get back to basics for everybody one last time. And just as you are approaching these real drafts coming up this weekend, I'm sure you've had a bunch of drafts already. What's the big thing that you've noticed in terms of either guys climbing up drafts or guys falling in terms of value. What's the biggest trend that you've noticed over the last week or two.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest trend I've noticed is, you know, some of these guys I got signed late really started getting boosted up. So we've seen Chris Bryant really climbing drafts. You know, we've seen some of these guys also that have gotten injured lately, like Louis Castillo, that are probably gonna fall. Chris Sale plummeted like a rock, obviously for good reason. And then you're gonna notice some of these guys who are getting a little bit of helium late. Mitch Keller the shortstop from Houston, Blake and on a thing right now. But excuse me. You know these guys would get some helium and getting drafted earlier and earlier, because you know, as the talk gets there, people get more excited. Right, You're like, have to get him, right, and so it's like I gotta go beat everybody else in my draft, and they're just gonna get snatched up. Earlier and earlier. I've been lucky enough to to get you know, at least some of these guys like Alejandro Kirk and things like that near the end rounds of some best balls lately, but I had not had the chance to take them in any of the kind of standard five by fives. Yet I've been I've been outreached.
Speaker 1: While we've noticed that Joe Adele stock going up, we've noticed we were talking about just the other day, well should I were talking about that one. We talked about the Bobby Wood junior stock soaring. It was already at a good price to start. Now it's like, yo, you got to pay the premium now to get him. And we've seen guys have great springs and then kind of follow their face in April. So we'll see if some of those hot springs carry over, and hopefully they do for some of this young talent in the major leagues today. Once again, five by five that's what we're gonna be doing. I'm gonna go from the one spot and you're gonna go from the twelve spot here and just to you know, kind of map it out for everybody, it's the standard five by five. So we've got batting average in there, saves wins, you know, your typical five y five which you got here. And also we're gonna have the corner spots back, so we're gonna bring that back today. With the middle infield spots, we're gonna have five active outfielders. We're gonna do some nine open pitcher spots, so we're gonna leave things open in philosophy here. If people want to go heavy closers, they can. If people want to go heavy starting pitching, they can. So we're gonna leave that open. No mandatory RP spots today for this draft. And we're not gonna do bench either. You guys know what to do with the bench. You take your shots. And the guys that we've been recommending now, I've been going Juan Soto at the top whenever I can, but for today, just for today, I'm gonna go ahead. I'm gonna listen to the Draft Wizard, and I'm gonna take Trey Turner and We're gonna see how things go here. So I'm officially on the clock starting things off. So I will take Turner at the one. I took the top player. I got the big check out the guns from the draft Wizard, which is always a good sign, I think, And we continue on Black Guaro Junior go second than Juan Soto, Jose Ramirez, Garrett Cole, Boba Schett, Bryce Harper, Mookie Bets, Freddie Freeman, Corbyn Burns, Shoheo Atani and then Joe Bond is up with a twelfth pick and the turn at two. So Joe, what are you looking at here?
Speaker 3: So I really like some Kyle Talker here. Get a little bit of speed. The batting average is going to be pretty nice. Home runs. You know you're gonna be there too, good good, uh good, good all around player here. And I really like Trout too. But I still am super worried that you can stay healthy of.
Speaker 1: Andkudi is still there too, Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, with him, with him not probably playing the whole first month, I'm gonna hold off on that one. And I know I'm not going to get him back, but I'm going to take him. And then on the backside here, I really want one of these elite pictures here because I know they're just not coming back to me. So I'm looking at the pictures here and to where you know, it's both guys that are that are pretty you know, they can be injury risks here, but I'm going to go with Jake de Gram. You know, he's really showed this spring, and you know he's just one of the elite, So I like starting off that way.
Speaker 1: So you're willing to take the shot on de Gram here despite last year's struggles over Scherzer, who a little bit of durability issue last year, but overall much better durability the last few years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Schuzers has some you know, some neck issues here off and on too, so he's not totally out of the woods. You know, he's he's an older pitcher also, so not I for one know as as somebody's got neck issues, right, they they can come and ruin you pretty quick.
Speaker 1: So us old guys know, they know what happened all right. Going through the rest of the draft here after de Gram, we got Mike trout En Devor's at two four Acuna goes than two five Max Scherzer, Walker, Buehler, Woodroff. The pitching run happened, Louis Robert didn't make it to me, but Chiato Albi's tatis I wanted Albe's that did not happen. So I'm gonna go ahead with the five active outfielders. Make sure I grab at least one one I like right here. So Jordan Alvarez is gonna make it to my team. So starting off with the power guy and then the speed guy with Trey Turner. Now I'm gonna shift gears to the pitching market here. This is tricky. Shane Bieber is kind of that top lift here. I prefer Bieber over Wheeler over Urius. I don't love the win totals here, so I could go there, or I could continue to build the offense, which is also something that I'm strongly considering. I don't love first base. I love the power of Matt Olsen there. He is very appealing to me in this spot. So what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna go ahead. I'm gonna draft Matt Olsen. I'm gonna wait on pitching and see if I can make this pitching work for me. Because it was a huge run there in the second round. Rather than buy into it, I'm gonna wait and see if I can double up in the next two We'll see if that strategy pays off. We'll find out. Stay tuned for what right here on the Mock Draft Show, Just kidding, no commercial. So after Matt Olson goes to me, you have Tioscarrnandez, Shane Bieber, Zach Wheeler, Aaron Judge, Aaron Nola, everyone named Aaron, then Starling Marte Julio. You're Robbie Ray at the three h nine, three tens, Ander Bogart's three eleven South Perez Joe Bond with the three twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so a guy that I'm looking at here, and it's more positional depth here. I kinda I kind of want to grab a short and a third basement here. I know it's a little early, but I tend to not like the drop off at those two positions. You know, I I my my rankings have Tim Anderson higher. I think because of batting average, but I think overall, with the stats and stuff, I'm gonna go Trevor Story and then over on third base side here. You know, I really like Chris Bryan's landing spot. But I can't. I can't do it over Austin Riley.
Speaker 1: Well, he does have that position flexibility, you know. I just took him in the last draft we had, and I got to tell you, when when you have that flexibility with Bryant, you really are allowing the draft to come to you after that. So I don't hate this pick here.
Speaker 3: That that is, that is a good point. I was not.
Speaker 1: Trying to talk in. I don't want to coerce you, Joe, but I do believe that there's merit to that, and I was able to see it play out firsthand last time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what, I have done it in drafts already. I have taken him over over Riley. But uh here, I think I'm just gonna take Riley and we'll see what happens. Right, We'll see what the tools suggest. So let's let's see.
Speaker 1: I like Austin Riley pick. I would take Austin Riley over him.
Speaker 3: Currently he's got first eligibility.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it depends on the league format.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm gonna move him to third just for I think that.
Speaker 1: Would be a very smart move. Austin Riley selected a four ones. The rest of the fourth round Cedric Mullens, Lindor Marcus Ime and Tim Anderson, Liam Hendrix Castillanos. Nice pick up there for seven for eight Wander Franco Whitt, Murrayfield, Josh Hater. So the closers go Byron Buxton goes four eleven. So my evil plan worked somehow. I ended up with Lucas Giolito. I like you, Joe Happy right here, just exactly who I wanted to come back to me. It did. Now I could take his batter, his rotation made here, lance Lynn, I could take Max Freed, Sandy al Contra, Freddy Parolta. I got lots of choices here on the pitching side, I've already got the first base situation handled there. So I think I'm gonna pass on gold Schmidt. I'm just gonna take the guy that I believe in the most, and he's gonna get a ton of wins this year. It's my dude. It's Freddy p Freddy Peralta, So Gilido and Peralta. I'm good with this man. I will go to war with these two. I got lucky, perhaps, but I'm very happy with how this worked out. I took the chance, and sometimes you're good getting in on the run, and sometimes when you see everybody take a picture in that second round, it's good to wait because chances are there not gonna double up again as you go through. After Sandy al Contra, Pete A, Lonzo Goldschmidt, Nolan Aronato at five to five, five to six, Eloja Men is great pick up there, Corey Seeger, Kevin Gossman could tell Marte, George Springer, Alex Bregman eight value at five eleven. That was a guy was going in the early second round last year, Joe Bond for five twelve and six to one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know what, I really want one of these top closers this year, and I'm gonna go with Oh where do you go? I'm gonna run out of time, go with Iglesias. And I know I want one safe guy in a saves only format for sure. So I'm gonna take my stab there. And then I know it's suggesting a bunch of pictures for me here, but I also like, I also like taking Tyler O'Neill also got some speed, got some pop, So I'm gonna go Tyler O'Neill.
Speaker 1: All right, Tyler O'Neal is somebody I was considering there, but I was like, you know, I gotta get my two pictures.
Speaker 3: Well it gets me.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Now I've got three guys. They're not like elite steel guys, but story Tucker and O'Neill like I'm gonna sprinkle in the saves because I missed on obviously, the Jay Ram and the Turner like you got this makes it so I don't have to go maybe possibly draft like a like a Miles straw Later who kind of is a negative and a ton of other categories. But we'll see I've also done that too. Even getting a bunch of these guys just to pay over.
Speaker 1: The top, there's lots of different approaches. That's why we're doing this to show everybody. A Rosa Reina Altuve, Jore Polanco, Chris Bryant doesn't make it to me than Jose Abrau, j Trol Muto, Charlie Morton, Lance Lynn will Smith, not the one who's doing the slap and the one who's doing the pitching the catching. Rather excuse me for the Dodgers six to eleven Jose Barrios, which brings me up to six twelve looking around here at the board. Max Fried another really good pitcher still out there. He is very intriguing to me right now. I do think I want a little bit more power. That's what I'm looking for right now. So I'm gonna tak J. D. Martinez with one of these picks. Again, this is five active outfielders, so outfielders go pretty crazy here. Brian Reynolds another one that I really want to take here. But do I want to wait on more pitching?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Max Fried has been so good. This is tough here. I think I'm going to continue just to just dominating the hold. So give me another one here. I'm gonna go ahead and take Brian Reynolds. I just can't say no to Brian Reynolds. I'll make up. I got a plan. We'll see what happened, very very good. No, I'm with you, mane.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm all for kind of hanging back on pitching. That's a lot of guys in the middle who are gonna who are gonna hit, and especially with in middle infield, you know, for me, like, that's where I want to go and get some of these guys shot. And what pick are we on? We're on pick eighty four.
Speaker 1: We're in the seventh. Yeah, so uh, Max Freed, Logan Webb, Hove, Bayez, Brandon lou at seven five, then Frandamil Reyes, uh the for Animal, Luis Castillo at seven, then eight Chris Sale. Then we have Manda sy Muskgrove, Musgrove and Mantass back to back. That's gotta hurt. Musgrove was another guy was strongly considering there. So Joe Bond, you're on the clock for seven to twelve and then the first pick in eight oh one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so again, I kinda wanna I kind of want to shure up that infield here. I'm not so worried about first base once you get past those first couple of guys are all kind of the same in my opinion, for like super deep in So I'm already to pass all those guys. So I'm gonna take Jonathan India and sure up my infield here. You know, I've got everything but first base, So I'm happy there. And then let's see here, it recommends dal and sees justin Verlander. Where do I got Lander?
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of Lander, I.
Speaker 3: Do I am, But you know I've already taken the grum.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I could do both of those guys well, in for a penny, in for a pound, baby, let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm all in. I'm all in with the with the old injured guys now, yeah, because I'm out loving the outfielders right now. I mean it's recommending Cody Bell took the ball. Let's yeah, you know what, Let's do it, man, let's go, let's go Lander. I like it all right.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Let's get crazy.
Speaker 1: Did you get a little emoji on that one from the Draft Wizard? I feel like that's an emoji worthy pick. I don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't see anything, but I do have it on like a kind of split screen. So I don't know if I'll.
Speaker 1: Talk to the development team because that serves some kind of emoji. Stanton on your crew, he was at eight oh three Max Moncto four classe A Presley. So my two closers I was looking at are gone. Dylan C's gone, Edwin Diaz gone, like you is empty, eight nine, Carlos Correa gone. Then Rendon Chapman back up to me. Let's see what I got my bag of tricks? Uh, definitely a couple of pictures here I still like, so I feel pretty good about this one looking at some of the available hitters though. That's the thing right now. It's a little trickier in that infield as I've got twenty something seconds here, So I think what I'm gonna do first is take the picture. This is really tough. Trevor Rodgers, you Darvish, and Alec Manola. I like all these guys. I just I'm a little worried about the age of you. Darvish. I know he had the injury last year. So I'm gonna take Trevor Rodgers because I'm just a huge fan of him, and I'm gonna go ahead and consider doubling up here. I just want to look at who else is available in that middle infield, because, as Joe alluded earlier, that can kind of get oo oh. I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna be super trendy. Here we go. You're ready for this. At the nine to oh one, you ready, Bobby Witch Junior, Let's go.
Speaker 3: He did it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it nine to one. Let's go all right, Let's see how this goes. Christian Yelich goes right after me. I can tell your disdain for me, and it's it's making my heart smile. Yelich, then you Darvish at nine oh three, Jazz Chisholm nine oh four, Kenley Jansen nine oh five, Blake Trining his hardest nine oh six, Carlos rodon at nine oh seven, McClanahan Manoa, who's the other guy was strongly considering there? Uh then Mitch Hanneger, Kyle Schwarber. Those are two outfielders you could have lived with. Joe Bond, it's back to you for nine twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now I feel it's kind of where I'm looking right now, Bellinger sitting on top. I still can't do it, man. I've seen clips and just heard a lot of analysis from people that he just looks lost up there. Still he can't hit. So I'm gonna go with Jesse Winker, who's now in Seattle, and you know, hopefully he can can still produce out there away from from Cincinnati to give me my third out, and then let's just see what's kind of out there. Let's just take a game value pick I got I got something. There we go, There we go.
Speaker 1: That's a good value. I think people were down on him with the move to Seattle, maybe the power goes down a little bit, but I think Winkers a very good hitter regardless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm kind of looking at first base here. I don't want to get too far done to listen, I am a huge fan of Jared Walsh this year, so you hold a trigger on that one.
Speaker 1: I love that pick, dude. I'm a huge Yared Walsh guy was last year also, so very nice work. I've definitely got some addressing to do with the third base side myself. It's on point here trying to get some corner help. Bellinger does go in this round, though, So right after you took Walsh, there's a little run for you Crone Mountcastle, Bellinger, Lemayhew. So there goes first base. Tommy Edmund goes at ten oh six, Blake Snell ten O seven, Reese Hoskins ten o eight, Grondal Romano, Framber Valdez and then meet at the ten twelve, eleven to one turn. So right now, looking at my team, got Olsen, Turner with Alvarez, Martinez Reynolds. That pitching is Rogers, Peralta and Giolito. So what do I want to draft next? This is tricky here. The draft wizard right now is telling me Clayton Kershaw is the top lift. I don't know how comfortable I am with Clayton Kershaw. I gotta be honest with you, this is kind of a tricky one. But that Dodger team is so damn good, Joe. I mean, I think I gotta take the shot here, so I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I don't love it. I really don't the day what's happening? Yeah, I mean, but I get it. I totally get I gotta take one closer here too, so I'll go ahead and take gayegos and just get some saves. Also right now I'm not happy. Well, well you know what, dude, I'm looking at the board right now, and none of these hitters for me move the needle. So it's like what is And whenever you get I always say, build roster strength, then worry about what you need. If I can't build roster strength with anybody, I want to pivot to something that's gonna help me, that's gonna, you know, help me across and contribute. So after eleven O two cruise, the Nelson Cruise, of course, uh Torres var Show Joey Vado, Tyler, Molly Nadiavaldi, Jack Flaherty at eleven o eight other Will Smith from Atlanta, the pitcher also not the slapper eleven oh nine, than Chris Bassett eleven ten, Josh Belled eleven eleven, Joe Bonn make a wish it's eleven twelve.
Speaker 3: Uh so I actually do want to get another closer. I want to build a strength there could go between a couple of different guys here, I, like Malayan said, is getting a bunch of bunch of chances there, like Rogers from Minnesota. But I'm gonna go uh Corey Nivel. I don't ever know how to pronounce it. I like him. Yeah, that's what I always say. I don't even know if that's actually how you say it, but I do it. It is how I that was a renal apparently, but right, it's not a reach, guys, it's not a reach. You gotta build a relief pitching. Is this a reach for for the draft software, which which I understand, go in here I could build another uh starter, But I'm gonna pass here, So I'm gonna go click on Oh can I just click on hitters? Here is the awesome meadows. So no, that's not the right list. Let's see, Joey Gallop, I can't do it in an average leaves. Guryel is not not powerful enough all over the board here. Oh, it's given me a really crummy list of just.
Speaker 1: You got fifteen seconds, buddy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see here, you know what, let's let's let's go catch her. I'm gonna do Wilson Contrerez.
Speaker 1: I kind of like it, ah, I kind of like that again outside the box.
Speaker 3: I like I wasn't I wasn't expecting him to sit there in round what it's twelve twelve, yest, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: The first pick of the twelfth round was controllers. Then after that you've got Dansby Swanson, you and Mancatta, Mark Mullans and Willia doms Uh. Then Pablo Lopez who was on MI you there, Corona Worth Meadows, Gresham, Chris Taylor, Joey Gallo and then to me, all right, could certainly use some more outfield, can use more pitching. I think that's what we could all use.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: We can't get enough of either of those things, all right. I think here, looking at the starting pitchers going there, I think this guy's gonna get traded, and I think he's gonna get traded to a better team. So I'm gonna go ahead and take Sean and I here continue to build that rotation a little bit because I do think I got a thumbs up value pick. Thanks draft Wizard. I appreciate your approval of my life. Then we have looking at catchers. I'm not a fan of the catchers here. There is a power guy in the outfield I do like. I wonder if it's too soon. I'm gonna go ahead and take Justin Turner coming off a really good season. I know he's a huge risk too, but I need a third baseman. So let's go ahead and just take this and try to up the power. Oh, I got another thumbs up, Draft Wizard. Stop it. Draft Wizards totally slide into my DMS after this draft, trying to ask me the drinks. All right, let's go to the next one. After Justin Turner goes Miles Straw we were talking about before thirteen oh two. Then we have I have a sale Garcia, Ian Anderson, Matt Chapman, Marcelozho, Michael Confordo who doesn't have a team, but he's on a team here. Poor Michael Confordo, Sonny Great thirteen oh eight, Shane Boz, Anthony Rizzo, Jerry Kellenick. Michael Confordo's becoming the Baker Mayfield here. He's just the guy without a place. I feel like, let's go to you, Joe Bond for the pick in the thirteenth to close it out and to start out the fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm looking at the top of the board here and I totally agree with it. Edwardro Rodriguez. I mean, you know, he came off that that he came off that bad year where you know, he took the year off with COVID and just couldn't really get things rolling that next last year. But I think he's going to really bounce back this year. Wins maybe not there, but I like the cave potential. So I'm doing that one, and then I probably want to attack either corner, middle, infielder or outfielder. I'm looking at like a Verdrugo, I got.
Speaker 1: A steal, right, nice, Johnny Wards.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, Lotus Gariella, I mean just kind of safe a batting average, you know, I know I have taken some hit on batting average here. So he could be a pretty a pretty safe pick for me. Uh, I just kind of want to take a quick glance at the rest of the outfielders. I got Renfro, which is a big power bat, but drain on batting average. Verdrigo is kind of meant to me. So Laire is a big power bat, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go Gurriel and let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: See what happened. I love THEEZ pick, yet I got another. All right, Oh my goodness, look at us. The Draft Wizard finally has come to come to love and respect us after all of these years of mocking me. After you go ahead and take your guys. Zach Gallon goes at fourteen oh two. It's a nice value there. Ranger Swore is at fourteen oh three. Oh, Michael Kopek, screw you. Draft Wizard fourteen oh four takes my dude, takes my other dude. Two after Garcia, Clevenger goes and Stevenson the other Garcia from Houston goes. Bory Solaire Saya Suzuki, Ryan McMahon, I'm pissed off right now, Trap Wizard and I are totally breaking up. I'm just not gonna hang out anymore. I'm gonna go ahead and take another closer here with Taylor Rogers because i just need one here looking around like fou I know, I'm like, he's still there. I'm just gonna go ahead and do it because I'm just gonna lock in one more now it's looking do I want to keep going corner stuff? I could do that. There's Donaldson, There's Cabrian Hayes. Those kind of guys are available. I'm just pissed off. I wanted one of those other guys to make it back to me with the starting pitcher RP guys. I'm just pissed off right now. I like Logan Gilbert quite a bit. Patrick Sandoval is another one that's really interesting. Everybody I've had on the show seems to absolutely love Patrick Sandoval. So I think that Angels team is gonna do pretty well. So I want to take that whip, you know what, I'm gonna look at the all. I'm gonna go one more time and just see what the suggested are. Because suggesting a doulas Garcia to me, which scares the heck out of me, because of the batting average. I don't know if I could do that, Joe, I really don't. I think I'm gonna have to pass on that. I think I'm gonna go ahead and I'm gonna take Sandoval, and it's probably gonna give me a reach alert, would be my guess. But oh no, no, reach alert. No.
Speaker 3: I think that's I think that's pretty spot on. I think I think he's in range for this, for this territory here that we're in.
Speaker 1: There's a couple other hitters that I'm entertaining, but again, none of them really to me think game changing kind of guys. I think that's where I'm at. So, after I took Sandoval at fifteen oh one, the rest of the fifteenth round is Waynwright, Donaldson, who I was considering, Carlson, Logan Gilbert, who I was strongly considering, Jake McGee, Cabrian Hayes, ty Franz Stroman Verdugo, who you were just talking about two rounds ago, Herman Marquez A fifteen eleven. Now, Joe, you're up for fifteen twelve and six oh one.
Speaker 3: I am super mad that France got taken. That was not part of the plan. Okay, time to pivot. So let's do let's do the next best thing. I guess I suppose in there, and I'm gonna go Trey Mancini to get me my corner infielder. And I also think he's gonna get some outfield I mean, yeah, you know all the ool stuff back here. That's cool. I also got another steal. Let's be in a row, guys. Just let you know I'm not bragging at all. No, And then and then at starting pitching, starting to get a little you know, getting that territory where they're all just kind of like they're just guys in They're gonna have good days, bad days. It's just sort of what you like and what you need. I actually think I'm gonna pass and let's see what outfielder has here. We still got a dorles guy. Is I cannot do it. I just cannot tried.
Speaker 1: I tried to consider it, man, it really does you know what?
Speaker 3: I actually want to get a little bit more speed here because I have passed on a bunch, and I'm gonna go Bobby Grossman to kind of give me a power speak guy to fill it out here. Value pick all right.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I think Robert Grossman's a great pick. Scott Bogman would love that pick. I can tell you right now. He's been a big Grossman supporter. All right, I'm glad I are locking that closer. When I did too, I feel much better about it because now Deval went off the board too. So Barlow went off the board at sixteen oh two Guriel, then Eddie Rosario Renfro again, super pissed about that, Super pissed about Luis Evreno. Also, Mike, you gone Ben Attendi at sixteen oh seven Rogers Reu Adolas Garcia, thank you. I don't have to make that choice, and Camillo Deval. So this is what I love using the draft whizzard because it's a challenge, and this is what you need to have when you're trying to prepare yourself for your drafts. You want to be challenged. I'm gonna go ahead and take some cheap steals here with a keel bado.
Speaker 3: I'm getna, but do it up.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then I'm gonna go ahead and uh, I'm gonna take Oh, I got a value pick. Oh look I'm sliding up the board here, catching up to the value pick master. Here see what I could do I want to take one of Welsh's dudes. I think I do. I think I could use a little bit more stolen bases perhaps, So I'm gonna take the mid Rosario also, So give me Rosario. Maybe I get that twenty upside. Maybe I just end up with twelve to fifteen. I'll take that shot there. So in terms of the roster right now, now, I just need to fill that corner spot, the outfield and utility. I'm so mad that Hunter Renfro was gone, so mad because I couldn't believe he was still on that board. Tybert Ruiz goes at seventeen to two to Reschooble seventeen oh three Cinderguard. Kirolova was the other guy I really wanted to take there, but I went Steals. I sold out to the man, and I'm so upset. Michael Brantley, Dominic Smith, Luke Boyite, Craig Kimbrol, Lance McCullers, Jose Yourcuidi and then seventeen twelve and eighteen oh one is up to you. Joe.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll tell you what, man, middle infield and middle infield has has really thinned out here. I just realized you might have to reach just slightly on some guys here, but there is one at the very top who I who I still really like. The power is not really there, but the run potential is there, and the batting average is gonna be there too, and is Jeans Sigura gonna give me my middle infield and then go ahead do it again. You're gonna call me a homer, but I'm gonna pick John means, look.
Speaker 1: Strikeouts, really, eighteen you gotta take.
Speaker 3: The strikeouts aren't there, but man, the ratio is gonna be there. You know, they push out those fences. I think it's gonna limit its home runs, just make him even better.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think that's an excellent pick there. So nice work there, buddy, Nice work. All right, Let's see what the draft board looks like as we continue on here. After Joe takes John means, you got David Bedner going next, Mitch Garver. Nice pick there at eighteen oh three, Loroman Leriano, Charlie Blackman, Louis Urias Descalfani, Escobar, Trevor Bauer. Gotta love the Trevor Bower pick, ge Gerrinendez, Colton Wong, and then it's back up to me. So I want to pile on here with Saves. I think I might. I'm one of these guys who somehow, for some reason buying into Soto, Like I just feel like, yeah, like, I think that's just the dude. It's gonna give me some strikeouts there, probably gonna be the greatest selection for some of my whippin era. I got the reach alert. That's fine. I just want to save. So just selling out there, all right, Let's take a look aj Pollock. Am I ready to do that to myself? I don't know about that. Looking at what I need on my roster right now, I do have a corner spot open. All the guys I had were pitchers. So now I'm really up against it. I'm really up against it here, Joe. I think once again, you know, maybe I could get a little bit of everything here with Ian Happ. Maybe he gets me eight steals, maybe he gets me twenty five bombs. I'll go ahead and take him with the other pick that works for me. I'll go ahead and do that. Oh I got the steal, not one, not two, but three claps. Thank you, Thank you very much, Draft Wizard. Now we're friends again. Let's continue on and see what's going on. Here with the Wizard. After I took Ian happ At nineteen oh one, nineteen oh two, Carlos Carrasco, then Brandon Belt. I just can't take Brandon Belt. I can't do it. Tanner, how Jordan Montgomery, nice pick up there, Uhanneo Suarez nineteen oh six, Berndon Crawford. I just didn't really have the space. I didn't like him as utility Randall Gritchick, Adley Rutchman, Adam Duval, Joe Barlow, Joe bond up At nineteen twelve and twenty oh one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think I'm at a double top some picture here, save my utility player. There's not a ton of guys here that I like in the hitting department right now. I like Alex Wood. He's a good, good, safe, safe guy there, good ballpark. You know, not a high strikeout guy, but you know he's right there averaging nine nine per nine. So I'll take Alex Wood and then just to kind of see what's out there. I'm just curious with the relievers. No, there's no closers I want. I'll pass on that. I've got too decent on. So I'm gonna just go just hey, just just.
Speaker 1: Gotta look, gotta look.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking at my board here and it might be it's not a reach according to the draft the draft program here, but I thought it would have been. But Joe Ryan is a guy who I'm really excited about this year, and I'm going to take him as my eighth overall pitcher.
Speaker 1: That was the one guy left that I was really considering. But I was like, you know what, I'm gonna take the third closer. It's something I rarely do here. I don't have the elite guy. So I went ahead and I took the guy who I just think the job is safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Day, And that's that's what I'm looking at all right. So it made it all the way back to me before it did Tristan McKenzie at twenty oh two, John Gray, you Knowah Schwindell right out from under me. Joe Adele, Oh, how did I miss that one? Bad? Joe bad? Joe Scopes Ofvally Kendricks, Barnes dawback. Now I'm just miserable because Joe Adele was still on the board and I didn't take him. How did I miss that before? So hard? So hard? Sometimes another power speed guy is still available there. He's gonna play, I assume every day in Cincinnati. Tommy Fam. That's kind of an interesting one there. That might not be the worst pick actually, tell you the truth, strangling considering that one. Let's look at the the draft wizard. Yeah, little cheap steals, little cheap power. I'm gonna go ahead and take Tommy Fam. And then again, just like Joe said, you know, you could build steals with a little bit of everything. And as much as I can't stand this guy from a baseball point of view, look he's a catcher. He's gonna hit home runs. I could use some more home runs. Go ahead, I'm gonna draft Gary Sanchez. Yeah for some just low ass power at catcher. So whatever, Gary Sanchez, hit some home runs. Try to catch the ball once in a while, all right. So after Gary Sanchez goes, uh, you then have Garrett Woodlock at twenty one oh two, Tyler Glass now, which again that's a waste of a pick this year. He's not gonna pitch. Anthony Santander, Alex com Heimerchandelario. Nice pick up there, Austin Hayes, Harrison Bader, Andrew Vaughan, cal Quantrill, Nicky Lopez Joe Bond up for his last two picks at twenty one twelve and twenty two oh one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, I mean, look, nobody's gonna give me a good batting average right now. So I'm just gonna go with the most, the most pop potential here, and that is gonna be MIGUELSONO as my utility guy. It's gonna boost me in in runs, in RB, I in home runs, which I which I needed pretty bad. And then it's hanging on me here. I can't filter what's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh filter filter?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, there it goes. I see what it did. Oh man pitching.
Speaker 1: Uh it's hard in the middle there, I really did.
Speaker 3: I mean obviously I only have one left. I mean, you got Steven Mattz, who's this kind of a guy. Casey is looking pretty good in spring so far. I mean I might go him. See I need I need, I know, I need K's let's see a Vetta Gibson Corbyn Koochie. Uh yeah, to try my eyes and just hope it works out for me.
Speaker 1: You might as well just take a shot on the.
Speaker 3: You know what. He disappeared, So I'm gonna have to take Cacucci. I refiltered and he was gone, Cacucci.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Cacucci. It is well, we could say it's my I mean, honestly, at the end of the day, statistical.
Speaker 3: Probably not gonna matter.
Speaker 1: You hope, you hope Myce takes a step forward, but you never know. Rojas Bailey over another young Twins pitcher twenty two O four Zanino, Eliza Diaz A five Darnault. Here's the catcher run then Luke Trevino, Vasquez matts, Devin Williams. Hazer's Aguilar goes right before me. Oh, I just dug, come on, come on, all right, that's to me. Uh so, what do you think here? I could take Connor Joe or Alec Baum or aj Pollock. What would you do? You know those guys is cheap out and take the Colorado guy. You hope that Alec Bohm starts.
Speaker 3: I mean, I might take the risk and taken Joe and hope that Colorado actually plays the guys they should, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, they did deal Tapio, so I think that's helpful. That's the way I was leaning. Well, I got a B plus I didn't win this draft. Once again this morning, eighty seven out of one hundred. I'm a disappointment to myself and others, but well done there. Let's look at the projected standings here again I'm always the second shoe. Let's look and take a look at Joe Bond's draft. So Joe Bond is number one overall with that ninety five, well done, slow clap for you. I am at number five and eighty seven and then not bad. So let's take a look at this main page here. When you see on the right, you have the draft insights, you have your steals, the things you did well. It says that Scott Youngson, a fantasy mutant, likes my draft. I am a big X Man fan, so that's good. The steals for me were Ian happened the nineteenth round and Tommy fam in the twentieth, so that was pretty good. I reached on Sodo I did. Joe Ryan would probably be the other guy that I would have taken there. My top players are Trey Turner metals and JD. Martinez. It says if you had drafted Starling Marte in a first basement later, I'd be significantly higher. Perhaps, but again I don't know what Marte is health wise slash ability to steal forty bags. Again, I don't know if that's gonna happen with the Mets. We shall find out. So when you look at the front page here, what does it say for you? Who liked your draft the most?
Speaker 3: It says the site projections for a Rodo Champ. Apparently my own rankings don't like my own drafts, So that's interesting. You think it would, but no. I then said my top player Jacob de Gram. Shocker. If I had drafted Mike Trout at two dot one and drafted a pitcher later, your score would have been significantly higher.
Speaker 1: Oh how much higher could it get? It?
Speaker 3: And although I liked Jacob de Gram, so that's kind of strange. Steals were Erod, Guriel and Mancini, which were those three in a row that I had? It makes perfect sense that I'm seeing that the reach was Cannebel, which is what I saw. So that's that's there. And it said category categorically good. Your team projected to be top four and runs home runs, rbiks and whip So yeah.
Speaker 1: All right. If you click on the expert opinions, it'll tell you who else in terms of experts liked your draft, give you a thumbs up or thumbs down. Guess who gave me a thumbs up? Some guy from Fantasy six Pack name Joe Bond. All right, pready for Alta Shu Manila, Quio Bidou. He likes all those guys. So this, Joe Bond says, And I don't know what happened here. This is the first draft I've ever done where Scott Bogman doesn't like it. So Scott Bogman is like every single one of my drafts. Not only has he turned on me, but my colleague Pat fitz Morris has also turned on me. So we're gonna have to have a meeting after this show with everybody. When it comes to expert opinions, who liked your draft and who gave it a thumbs down?
Speaker 3: So obviously the roto Champ guys, Fred Zinky, Nick Mariano, Ariel Cohen. That's a good one thumbs down, Joe, Come on, man, I gave you a thumbs down.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm just jealous. It's just my jealousy because.
Speaker 3: You beat Chris Clegg Corn Young Chris Ris for US, Yeah, Lucas Spence in sports Line. So I mean, some good names on both sides like and don't like me.
Speaker 1: So you can't pay attention to mine, Joe, it's just because I was I'm just jealous the fact you beat me.
Speaker 3: You just you just did, so you're in the back end.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest. I mean, let's let's go through the teams now. Because you had Wilson Contreras a catcher, Miguelson know at first, Jonathan India second, Trevor Story at shortstop, Austin Riley at the corner. Then you have Jared Walsh, Jean Sigura. In the outfield, you have uh, Kyle Tucker, Tyler O'Neill, Jesse Winker, Loris Curiel, Robbie Grossman, Trey Mancini. What do you think of the offense you've built here in this draft, Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think it's pretty balanced. I'm not like top of the top of the board of anything. I actually, uh, when I was looking at it during the draft, at one point I was like second in average, and then I guess I took Miguelson oh and and dropped. Shock.
Speaker 1: What a shock.
Speaker 3: But you know, I'm right in the middle of stolen basis, which is something I kind of strive for you know, I don't I really don't ever see myself winning that category because what you're gonna see is right. So Team four is supposed to be the ones winning that category. Well, let's look at the where he is normally in all the other categories. RBI is in the middle, home runs in the middle, and then runs, which you kind of expect with stolen bases guy, he's up top, but he's like bottom for batting average, So like I would bet that his overall hitting categories isn't great. But I you know, I'm top three for runs, top four for home runs, top four for RBI, and then I'm middle for average and stone basis, so it balance is a little bit better for me. Uh So I like I like the I like the offense, the way that I built it, the control. This one was kind of a panic pick because of the time it was running down and but uh I think it works out.
Speaker 1: But it's a strong power team, and I think at the end of the day, if you're gonna sacrifice stolen bases, sacrifice it for power. That's what I mean. That's because you know, if you get those power guys, it's gonna track for runs. And track for RBI. If you're gonna if you're gonna pass on the big steal guys, just make sure you are crushing the power categories. That's that's my take on all this From the pitching staff, Jacob de Gram, Rysoglecias, Justin Verlander, Dwardo Rodriguez, John Meads, Corey Kniebel, Alex would Joe Ryan and use Kakuchi slash Casey Maes will give him a slash theory. So what are your feelings about this pitching staff? I mean, clearly d Gram and Verlander if they look like they did you know, when they're healthy, certain a pretty good staff. But how do you feel about the pitching when you're looking back at it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think, you know, if we were drafting some bench guys, I probably would have gone after one more late, closer to kind of give me a little bump in saves. So so that's something where I think I would have actually improved a little bit on because I only took two. But you know, I tried to go after guys where, especially early on, I go after guys where ratios won't kill me. And that's another reason why I've gone after two early early ish save guys because later on, like, no matter who you get later on in the draft, you know, yes, we're going to find the Kevin Gosman's in round eighteen nineteen again this year somewhere. But to rely on that is hard. So those guys, just like you do in hitting, where you take those later guys, they're going to kill you in batting average. The later guys for pitching are going to kill you in ratios. So I try to build that up and get a safe floor for that, which is what I did. So I'm fifth in era and second in whip, and you know, I always try to go after high strikeout guys as much as possible without killing the ratios early on. Wins are so unpredictable, you know. Yeah, I never pay.
Speaker 1: Attention if I'm behind on wins. That's the one where I roll my eyes. I just want to be middle of the pack and win. Yeah, that's all I can I mean, because it's so arbitrary.
Speaker 3: Maybe if I'm looking at two guys and it's like a flip of the coin and one plays for the Yankees and one plays for the Orioles, fine, maybe I'll take the guy for the Yankees because he's probably gonna win a couple of YE games. You know, It's that kind of thing. But in the long run, I mean that's why I took John Means where I did, because his ratios I think are gonna be very good.
Speaker 1: So I agree that certainly can only help him the ballpark adjustment. All right, let's run through my team again, Joe's thoughts. Since Joe clearly is my daddy in this draft, it's more important what he thinks. When I think Gary Sanchez a catcher, Matt Olson at first base, Trade Turner at second shortstop, Bobby Wit third base, justin Turner, I'm investing in good offensive ecosystems, the Braves, the Dodgers. That's what I'm trying to do. Then, Connor, Joe Amid Rosario, Jordan Alvarez, JD Martinez, Brian Reynolds, Ian Hapakielbado and Tommy fam What do you think of the offense here?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 3: Uh So, I like, I like your speed with Witt and Turner. If if Wit really uh you know, shows up like I think a lot of people expect, uh, You've got some power. I mean, Turner's a power bat. Matt Olsen obviously is a power bat. You know you took that late late catcher. Sanchez is gonna be a batting average game most likely, but yeah, I mean he could hit thirty bombs pretty easily. You know, Alvarez, I love him. Jad Martinez, my opinion, is a guy who I not really sure why he keeps falling to where he doesn't I seem to I seem to be, and I was like.
Speaker 1: I gotta take him just to price and force.
Speaker 3: Basically I seem to be taking him a lot earlier than most. I've got him on a lot of teams, so hopefully he works out the back end of your your outfield is Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a little sauce, you could say and hammer my outfield.
Speaker 3: But you know, again, you took them for positional or not positional, for categorical need. You know, you got them for a little bit of speed, a little bit of power or so. I think that's they're they're good picks. They're not sexy picks by any means, but you know, it's it's it's it's why you took them for a reason, and their team fits and sometimes you gotta do.
Speaker 1: They can all be Lord of is Guriel's like every pick can be sexy like that, or Robbie Grossman. All right, let's let's get your take on the pitching staff here, Lucas Gilito, Freddie Peralta, Trevor Rodgers, Kershaw, Manaya, then Patrick Sandoval, and I've got three closers theoretically, Diego's, Rogers and Sodo. Your thoughts on this staff.
Speaker 3: I I like your let me where did it go?
Speaker 1: There? We go?
Speaker 3: I like your staff. Actually I was really mad you took Peralta. That's kinda come back to me. Rogers. I think it's gonna it's gonna be really good there as well. I like him. Kershaw is the one sort of I'm not sure. Oh yeah, I don't know what we think, but you know, Manaiya, I agree with you. I think Oakland will end up trading him. And then yeah, Diego's I was eyeing him, is my second, my second closer. You got him as your first, but you know, I like him a lot. And then getting you know, Trevor Taylor Rogers there as your second closer as well, and then Sodo could be if he actually gets all the work in Detroit as I kind of think you should you know your safe potential there is great with three fairly fairly cheap guys.
Speaker 1: Fairly cheap, and again, I don't see the competition coming for them, really. I just I feel like that's always been my thing. I'm like you the Welsh. All those people will say, you know, if you get one of those elite closers or two of them, early awesome, and if you don't, just let the market come to you. Because the worst thing you could do, I feel like, is reaching that middle tier of closer where there's some uncertainty and then you end up missing on really solid outfield bats or really solid corner bats or things like that because those guys are harder to find. You can always find guys off the waiver wire for saves because it's a constant carousel of new characters coming in. Joe Bond, this was a fantastic experience. Congratulations on besting me. You deserved your a. You got that again. You can follow Joe on Twitter at f six p Underscore Joe check out as I'll work at Fantasy six pack Joe. What else you guys got going on there nowadays?
Speaker 3: Uh, we're I would say baseball, but we're tapping into some NFL draft stuff. I was Fantasy football is always always a thing. We're finishing up basketball and hockey right now. We're doing We're doing hockey. We're even doing F one racing. So we got we got a little bit everything. So come and check us out. Fantasy six pack dot nets.
Speaker 1: Now, do you have to have a six pack to write for you? That's the question?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's it's not a requirement, but let's just say it might get you to do a little faster. Now, I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: Hashtag stay on brand. That's what you do. It's okay, let's good.
Speaker 3: We're not a frat.
Speaker 1: There you go. All right? All right? Bro uh for all those bros and gals out there who want to make sure that just stay on top of all the latest in our fantasy baseball coverage, your fans pros, make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel again, that's YouTube dot com slash Fancy Pros MLB. Make sure you're subscribing to the MLB channel separately. They're two different channels. You got the Fantasy Pros, you got the Fancy Pros MLB. They're both fun and amazing, but we're trying to give some love to the MLB channel because that's where leading off is going to be. And while you're at it, click that notifications bell and then go to Fantasypros dot Com slash Contest slash MLB Contest. Pardon me, you know, I'm so used to doing the Football show all the time, and they're two different contests, So I apologize. It's Fantasypros dot Com slash. I can't even do it now, it's Fancypros dot Com slash MLB Contest. My goodness, somebody needs to reboot me. I am. I am clearly in need of a reboot here today. I did, I did have my coffee, but I don't know, man, some days it just doesn't kick in right away. So you go to Fancypros dot com slash MLB Contest, which I've said now fifty times, so somebody please go there and when yourself an Austin Riley Jersey thanks to our friends at Christine Auction dot com. It's autographed by Austin Reiley. I cannot tell you if it smells like him or not. I am not privy to that information. All I know is it could be yours just for being part of our MLB channel and make sure you're running five thousand mock drafts before your drafts are going on at fantasypros dot Com slash draft Wizard, where you can get the latest in the technology of mock drafts. I'm telling you, if you want to dominate your league, this is the way to do it is to go out there and run these simulations. Get in these mock draft rooms, use the multi user draft software. You can do amazing things here. And if you're a Premium member, if you've got keepers in your league, you can set the keepers, run the draft. It's fantastic. I'm telling you, this is the place to be to get ready and prepare. And that's fancypros dot Com slash Draft Wizard that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for my buddy Joe Bond, I'm Joey P. We'll see an next time.
Speaker 4: Kids.
Speaker 1: The