Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. The hard hitting football action is even better with Prize Picks. The weather might be changing, but the feeling of being right never get sold. So keep the season rolling on Prize Picks by getting fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. We're in the fike of football season and some of y'all might be feeling down, but don't you worry. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. Week ten of football with something lots of upsets. Bill's Miami, I'm all laying on devon h app that offers stacks, meaning you can pick the same player up to three times in the same lineup. Wanna pick more on Josh Allen's pass yards, rush yards, touchdowns, Now you can pick all of them in the same lineup only on Prize Picks. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just pick more or less on at least two player stats, and if you get your picks right, you could cash in. Download the Prize Pick app today use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's coach Shannon to get fifty dollars lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup on Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite ung Shannon Sharp and that is my partner and co hosts. He's Liberty to City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree, a former pro bowler and an all pro. He's Chad Ocho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button. And guys, do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Oh you'll and ID like to personally thank you for your support and you'll continue support because all it's all because of you. That Nightcap has become the phenomena that we've become and only because of you will continue to grow. So again, thank you for your support and you'll continue support. Make sure you go head over to laportier Kannak dot com to support Shade by Laportian. Now, if you can't find it in a city or a stay near you, order it online and we'll ship it directly to your door. It is the best tasting premium vessel Pee Kangyact on the market. We won the Simple Award, which is a blind taste test that compares Kanyak and so we believe that we have the best taste in Kannac. It's not what the others don't or not, it's we believe what we are. Please drake responsibly and stay safe. Make sure you check out my media company page on all of its platforms. That's Shade Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat, Oh Joe. The Patriots looked offul impressive. They beat the Jets twenty seven fourteen. I don't know they looked impressive. The Jets aren't good, but the Patriots look good. I mean those first couple of drives. Drake May with Brady esque, I'm talking yes, even nice Stefan Diggs bill and reinvigorated. He looks good. Henderson is running extremely hard. Uh two touchdowns on the ground, one in the air. Drake May twenty five thirty four to two eighty one one touchdowns. I thought, overall, I thought they played well. Uh but who let's let's let's before we get to the Jets, let's highlight the Patriots. O Joe, Yeah, Okay, okay, Mike Rabel has done an unbelievable job. You go, you go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hell of a job, hell of a job. Listen, Mike Rabel. I'm not sure what he did once he got there, but he's done one hell of a job. Obviously. It makes things much easier when you have a quarterback that's playing out of his mind and only his second year in Drake May. In the Division, they three and oero. Obviously, the talk has always been the super the supposed to go to the Super Bowl. This is their year. The Buffalo Bills. They're two and two in the division. The goddamn the Patriots have dominated all season long. Being ninety two. This is something I wasn't expecting. Being being the fan of the game of football that I am, I didn't think they would be this good. They have been really, really well. And because of the quarterback play, obviously, the supporting cast defense is played well. Stefan Diggs is playing out of his mind. He's playing out of his mind even playing very very good football. Matt Collins out there making plays, Douglas doing well, doing well as well. And Trayvon Henon is it Trayvon Henderson? Am I saying that right? Trayvon Henderson, trebon man? Listen, but young Bull, nice boy, young young Bull is really young bull, real nice. He's one of the few running backs to on on on on the field that can hit his head off the goal post. Play with Okay, he got he got speed, got speed to burn. So man, they look really good. They look really good tonight man. And on defense, hey that got a that God damn. Christian Gonzales.
Speaker 1: He nice, oh he he fluid, Hey, listen, he nice.
Speaker 3: He needs I know he's been injured a little bit, but he needs to be in the conversation of top five dbs.
Speaker 1: Especially Oh yeah, yeah, I mean you know PS PS two Stingley Jr. Him, Yeah, you know, those those are those are your top I guess people like JE Horn, some people like J. C. Horn, But I think I think Gonzale, I think PS two and I think uh uh Stingley Jr. I think those are the top three corners in my book because they all present very very very different now, Gonzales and and PS two kind of they got kind of similar body types. Their tall angular uh Stingley is a little bit more compact, probably a little bit a little more a little because a little probably a little stronger because of the way he the way he's built. But if you look at the way PS two and the way he glides, he and Gonzales have a very very similar game. Yeah. Yeah, Trivia on heresy had two Russian one in their uh one. Yeah they threw him one. Uh. But yeah, this is this is oh Jo. This is a very good team. They're very well coached. And now you see why that after one year miss the crafts Like you know what, Gerard, I really hate to pull the plug this quick, but this coach is proven, uh and it's too good to pass up. And if we don't do this now, there's a good guess.
Speaker 3: Be going somewhere else. Yeah, he'd be going somewhere.
Speaker 1: Else because if you think about it. The Falcons interviewed Mike Brabel Mike McDonald at Seattle. They interviewed like more guys that are doing extremely well right now, and they settled on the right course and right he's gonna have to get this thing. He's gonna have to get this thing turned around. But just watching New England, they don't beat themselves. I know, you know, Raber doesn't really mention a whole lot, but I think he took a whole lot playing under coach Belichick. The matter of rhythm that he's not as he's not his stoic on the sideline. He's waiting to give his guys high five coming off the field. He's waiting to hug his guys. You watch him in the hallway, Oho, when they're coming off the field after Big Rick victory, he's hugging everybody. Hey, come on, get in here, come on, let's go. Let's And he's a guy I would love to play for. He's the type of guy that you loved, you love to play for because he ain't go sugarcoat it now, Oh Joe, you know exactly where you stay with Mike Rabel. Yes, sir, o.
Speaker 3: Joy, take you time, Take it time.
Speaker 1: I tweeted a little bit, but I just say I just stopped tweeting because people, you know, I think, like man, you pick it on the guy. But at some point in time, Oh Joe, I'm not so sure Justin Fields is gonna ever be what a lot of people thought he would become. Oh, Joe, let me give you some of these stats. He was three four eleven he got injured in the fourth quarter for twenty seven yards. He played the entire game Incos, he was nine of seventeen for forty five yards. He played the entire game. Against the Carolina Panthers, he was six or twelve for forty six yards and lost to Cleveland. He was six of eleven for fifty four yards and forty two of your those yards came on a screenplay bad tonight. Yeah. Before the final drive he had seventy five yards passing. Yes, sir, I think A d Mitchell left his hands in Indy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh listen, listen now. Now he ended the game with seventy five.
Speaker 1: Yards, right, No, he had one hundred and sixteen. But before that, before the final drive, he got forty one of the white sixteen. Right.
Speaker 3: So, So one of the things that I do want to say before before we pile on Justin Field, I want to I want to talk about some of the drop passes Ady Mitchell. Two big plays. They played two big players in the first half before half you got the had those go ball. Yeah, it's oh man, you got to have that. Hey, it's perfect though outside showing away.
Speaker 1: From the can't ask for anything more than that.
Speaker 3: O joe, you got to have that's that's perfect red line. You pull that in, then the wheel route up. You know, adjust yourself, slow down a little bit. You know, if perfect, perfect ball outside shoulder, dB has no way to make a play, has no way to make a plan. You got to have that. So though those are those are passes that you got to help your quarterback out. Sometime you got to help your quarterback. And that's why the sash looked like look the way they look. Sometimes that dropped past.
Speaker 1: He had he had a couple of drop but there was a couple O joe, he had AD and AD probably would have dropped it, but he had him on. He had him on the head. That's a simple pitching catch. Oh he threw a wi he threw you put that on that because here's the thing, the dB is probably retreating. You put that on him. Now, get to face you up. There's a chance I can make you miss at least at least I caught it at five and bare minimum Ojo, I'm gonna get a first down. I might make you missing yet even more, I'm like, justin to start the game. You can't because what do we always say, O Joe, give me something. I just want to get my hand. I just want to touch the ball. Let me touch it. Gotta give me nothing sophisticated. Just let me catch it. Let me catch ah, let me catch a shallow cross. I just want to touch the ball. You give it to them early? You got me late? Yeah? Justin? How how on a on a on a five yard hitch route? You miss a got that far outside?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm and listen. And that that goes for the quarterback too. Most of the time, some quarterbacks they don't want to come out with anything. Want they want some short. They want a nice little checkdown to get themselves in a rhythm, you know, to get a feeling for the game and not not really chase the game, but allow the game to come to them. And and that's that's what you want. You want to slant, you want to hit, you want some want some you know, short. But I think I think right now, I'm not sure. With as bad as the Jets are, everyone around justin fields has to be almost they have, yet they have to raise their level of play. They got to raise their level of play to catch up or to make sure they can overcome for Justine's mistakes or his lack of confidence. Right now, you have to that. That's what you need. You you that kind of dog out there. And he didn't. He didn't play to night. I think I think Garrett was ir right now. So's he's gonna miss the next now three games after the night and and and then boy, they got the musterd up, they got the mustard up. You know those that are there, John John Michie made some made some plays John Messy. I'm sorry, I might apologize Messi. He made some plays to night. Tight end, you know, little chuck down play.
Speaker 1: But that's yeah, you gotta have that catch, that tight end on the fourth down. You gotta hold that one. You got the first down, and you're getting hard because you take it so long to blit the ball to you the guys to bring it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he knocked it down. But outside of that, man, listen the gests that they if they didn't play that.
Speaker 1: Bad, they didn't they really just couldn't get off the field in that first half, oh, Jo, They couldn't get off the field. Yeah. I mean they get him in third, they get him in third and four, third and five, they get a first down, they get him in third and ten, they get a first down. They just could not get off the field. And and I'm like, okay, they rush three, they rush four, they bring pressure, and they still didn't get there. I'm like, well, damn, how difficult. I mean, man, how difficult is it? And you you're right? And I think a lot of times the drops maybe that that messes with with with Justin Field's confidence because he's like, well, am I doing something? What am I doing wrong? Because he'll throw one terrible and then he'll drop a dime, he'll throw two terrible, and he'll throw another dime. He had he had ad Mitchell again him to go. He had gone out as an ass with the ball. I thought he's playing pin the tail and a donkey. I said, with damn he comes out in the ass.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: He was. And that's the thing. When you get a guy beat down there on Joe, you know you're already struggling as an offense. You can't miss what I tweeted. I said Mitchell you're not that good offensively to oh, you're not that good of a team to overcome those kind of mistakes. That's a flat out draw. And they're not. And you're saying, okay, you get a guy like Justin Fields and he's struggling. But they don't have the receivers. They don't have a Chase or Jeda or one of these top flight receivers that could over a couple of them. They need more than one. They need a couple of a couple of them that can elevate them. They and I just, I just.
Speaker 3: It sucks. It sucks. It sucks. And listen, not not only that they're not playing well, they let two of the best players on d SHO obviously got you got you got players for them, so you would hope those players that you got in the trade can step up and and and and and play the part. And obviously it's it's eighty it's eighties, first week, this is first year two right, this is the first game.
Speaker 1: Is there the first time he caught the path? Is there? The first time he read around? I mean, I mean you say, no matter where you go, wherever, you play right right.
Speaker 3: Right, right right right, like I'm not listening. I'm not making no excuse me for him. You have to you have to make those plays. You have to.
Speaker 1: You got to and with justin fields excuse me, Garrett Wilson out. It's supposed to be the best receiver because the cost. They had high expectations until you got into Shane Steiken's dog house with that fumble. It was never the same after that. Now, maybe there was something going on, Maybe that was the final straw that broke the Campbell's back on Joe, But from that point on.
Speaker 3: It was the same nome.
Speaker 1: But I just don't know how you throw for twenty seven yards in a game, you throw for forty five yards in a game, you throw for forty six yards in the game, you throw for fifty four yards in a game, and you throw for one hundred and sixteen and forty one of that came on the final drive. I just don't know how you move on and become and become what people thought you were going to become when they took you at the top draft pick. Now you know, I think you were fifteen to sixteen something like that on Joe. I just don't see the consistency. I don't see I don't see him. One two, check it down one two three out of bounds one two gone. I don't see that. And you know, as a quarterback the really good ones. Yes, back foot here, Okay, I'm dropping back. I know the play, Oh Joe, I'm dropping back. Already gone through it. Okay, we've gone through it through the course of the week. Cover one we go here, Cover two we go there, Quarters we go here, Cover five we go there, Scott Siks, we already know. So when you back it up, the sect has already told you what it's doue single high safety. Oh I know, I'm going right now. Oh he's covered. Let me let me see what two wheels it's two there. Okay, let me take this check down. Oh Joe, Yeah, see it seems like it's like he got a dial up service. He ain't got that. By g they say they got something. They got teng Off in China say, hey, you cut the Boneum already gone to what you're looking for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, most definitely. I think the fact that also with the offensive line not not playing as well as they should be, he's rushing everything a little bit, not being able to go through his progression and understand listen pre snap. Okay, I'm seeing what they're doing. And once that ball snaps, you know, obviously you want you want that. You want that head straight down the field, not giving anything away and not having the time to be able to go through his read and progression. I think he speeds things up and hurry's throws. He rushes throws to Herbie getting the ball out of his hands too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, okay, I'm looking at against Buffalo. He averaged two point five yards of the temp against the Broncos, two point six yards per attempt against Carolina, three point eight yards per attempt against Cleveland four point nine yards attempts. That's not even a running back average squat. If he's doing that, right, imagine if you're a quarterback and that's what your yard per attempt did, that is horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's bad. But also you know, also, you know what else, It also comes down to the weapons around you. It also it also comes down to what do you have, what is your supporting cast? Like now you take a Justin Fields here hypothetically speaking, right, so you keep the same and you put a Jamar Chase. So you put a Justin Jefferson, you put a T. Higgins or you put any of the top tier, top tier receivers on that team together. Yeah, snow one in the one or one or one in a one or a decent a decent two. Yeah, Hey, it looked completely different because they can overcome for all the woes that justin fields may be having. They can overcome all that the small stuff. You got Jamar Chase, crazy ass could take a goddamn slant and the goddamn hitch eighty yards. You got T Higgins any ball you throw to him, which was considered for most receivers fifty to fifty. Hell with him, it's ninety ten. Like small stuff like that, where you have players that that can elevate their play to overcome for your your shortcomings, it makes things easier. But they just don't have that. Therefore, everybody else has to raise their level to play, and damn there be perfect and that that's the issue. That's the issue.
Speaker 1: They have to look at the guys that you just mentioned, they had their best seasons. If you think about it, what do the guys do really well? Process information really really quickly. Oh yeah, go back and look at Joe. Now, go back and look at Joe Flacco. It doesn't even look like Chase is falling off because Joe Flacco backfoot here.
Speaker 4: I'm going to it as cousins, Sam Donald, You couldn't care who's in there with Jella because they process information quickly you And that is the number one thing.
Speaker 1: How well do you download information? And how quickly can you disseminate it? I don't care. I don't care what you got. I don't care what I got, but leg you got? Can you Hey, if I put that information on Joe, how soon can you spit it back out? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it is not only being able to process it, not only being able to spit it out, but you know what makes it even easier the motherfucker you're throwing but.
Speaker 1: Easier. But see, now you got me? Okay, I run a hitch route, Now you gonna got me? Well, do I need to slide? Do I need to slide? Because I'm anticipating because I don't know where it's gonna be. I know normally I'm gonna get a hitch. I will get it in the framework of my body, Ojo, because he's not gonna be under pressure because it's one, two three, boom, balls out, so he's not gonna be up under pressure. So I think I'm gonna get the ball somewhere in here, here here, not out here. Yeah, So it makes it difficult. It's like sometimes when you're dealing with a mobile quarterback, it's hard to adjust to them Ojoe because I run my route and next thing I know, he wear the crowd screaming. I'm like, damn, what happened? He way over there? I'm like, what, Dad. So it's hard when your quarterback is inconsistent. I don't give a damn what the receiver is. You want some consistency at that that position, but you want somebody that can digest information. The holch put the put it in, and he spit it right back out in the form of getting the ball out of his hand. I hope I'm wrong. I pray I'm wrong, But I just don't know if he's ever gonna be what many thought he would be, especially when you look at the game that he had against who did you play against Clemson? You look at that game and he had against Clemson, and he was sensational. Yeah and and and I was like, okay, now playing with those guys that he had alive and Garrett Wilson and all those guys. We understand, see see, but you didn't realize once you get to the NFL, the likelihood of you having five receivers that are five stars or or be that type of guy that the likelihood is not very good. Yeah. Does he have a Chase? No? Does he have a Jetta? Does he have any of the top top receivers. No?
Speaker 3: Not. Now what I will say, Now, what I will say, he does have Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, Garrett Wilson, who was who had a phenomenal who had a phenomenal rookie year.
Speaker 1: With facts that if you look at him, O Joe, if you look at him, if you just put him on paper and you say, look at what was throwing the Garrett Wilson when he won Offensive Rookie of the Year, and you look at what's throwing the Garrett Wilson. Now if you just look on just hey, you're like man with Justin Fields. He about to go and he played with him in college.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, I mean I mean, listen, jud Garrett Wilson is a phenomenal talent. Nothing should taper off when you have a talent like that it's so easy when you look at what they're able to do with Devonte Adams and and pooping the cop hell JSN And obviously I don't think the Jets offensive coordinator has that kind of creativity to put in you and Justin Justin Field, to use Garrett Wilson in the right type of way to create those mismatches like the other team.
Speaker 1: I can give you all the nice ingredients, I won't, but if you got can't cook, what the hell have I done. I spent a whole lot of money on going great foods, great ingredients, and I know you can't make a dish with it. It comes down to it. Oh Joe, you're really good. Go look at Chopped and the Iron Chef and they get these they get these people. Okay, I'm gonna give you chocolate. I'm gonna give you onions. I'm gonna give you stone crabs. And I'm like, how did you even think of this? Yes? But you give somebody, you give them all. Okay, I'm gonna give you steak. I'm gonna give you this. I'm gonna give you that, And You're like, what I'm what I'm supposed to make? I just I hope I'm wrong, chat, I really do, But I just I just and I've seen him and I've watched him. Now, this man has gone through three head coaches and probably four offensive coordinators. And I'm not and and and and and and sometimes you get lucky and you get to you get a Sean mcvail, or you get a Kyle shan a hand but I just don't. I just don't know it, because at the end of the day, the quarterback position is all about process and information and then and spitting in the back out. That's what it comes down to, it is. I mean, I don't care how good, how big your arm is, I don't care how fast your legs are. Can you process it? O choe mm hmmm, Because that's that's a whole different bay, because not only make you process, you gotta realize they got they got fight that on most occasions they got four guys that's really trying to tear your damn head off. Oh so you got you in fear for your life. But also you gotta calm yourself down and says you know what, one to check down, one to throw it out of bounds, one to if that I'm out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mhm, it's all. It's all about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe maybe put him in, maybe put him in hurry up the game, because it seems like, you know, when he's in hurry up, he's better. Yeah. Yeah, and then fumble. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Unless that that's on the set. That's on the center too, that's on the city. Come on, now, that's the NFL. Now put the put put the snap at the It should be the snap. The snap should come in the same area every single time you go through your dog. I mean like, come on now, come on, center, don't don't at that.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: I love man that the ball hit it, the ball hit his ankles.
Speaker 1: But you know what, it's just that, you know, take that, take that, Take that away. They got three points out of there. Give the defense credit because I thought the defense gave up one touchdowns and two field goals in the second half. Yeah, they did force the three and out on the on the first possession of the second half, which is kudos. Uh. You know, you see, I think the Jets won the toss and they took the ball. They drove the ball right down the field, something they don't normally don't do.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: It normally ends in a punt or or turnover and they drove the ball. I think they had the ball like fourteen plays and drove the ball and punched it in the end zone. But I just, Lord Hope, I'm wrong, But I just, I just I just don't see where he's ever gonna be more than what he is. I don't think he's ever gonna be turning to what and that's what. And that's okay because everybody ain't gonna be a Lamar Jackson. Everybody's not gonna be Josh Allon or Patrick Mahome. But I mean, I think if the Jets could be okay, if he was just like middle of the road, you just can't be you can't be the bottom tier. I'm not saying you got to be top tier, but I mean, if we got that kind of if we got Chad you can see this, if we got this much face, can you be somewhere.
Speaker 3: In here and not be down here in the middle, right?
Speaker 1: Can we get that? O? Joe? Mm hmm. You know it all?
Speaker 3: You know what else? It all comes down to not only all not only all the intangibles and all the all the nuances that we're talking about. But unless you got confidence, hut, ain't nothing happening. You got to be able to play with confidence. You have to be able to play with confidence and and everything that you do. And one of the most important positions, damn, quarterback is the most important, absolutely the most the most because if.
Speaker 1: You don't believe your your your body language, yeah, your aura is gonna say if you don't believe, I don't believe either. M hmm. I mean, if you don't trust your skill, why you won't me. That's why you used to get in the car that joke somebody built. But the seatbelt fast the seatbelt, Hell, I faster, mind you do something I don't so you can building you. I've been around quarterbacks when they walk into the huddle. You know, they do you the confidence that you know what the hell you do.
Speaker 3: It exactly, exactly exactly. I hope, I hope they get it together. I'm not sure what direction they're gonna go in, but the way they've started so far and letting the soft go and letting go oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I wait, listen, but who are you Gonna're gonna're gonna start over.
Speaker 1: With the court.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe, So you're gonna start with, So you're gonna draft another one. You're gonna draft it, I believe so.
Speaker 1: Or I mean, I don't know if there's any any quarterbacks that's gonna become available. Uh yeah, probably Sam Donald didn't want any parts of New York again, which I wouldn't blame him, you know. Uh, but look, I mean every day seemed like I hear a story about somebody that played there having an interaction with the owner, and it's never positive and it's never good, right Yeah, And uh, with that situation, I hope ag gets at least three years, because it's not like you had to have a powerful roster begin with. And now you stripped him of his two best defensive players, so he got to get at least two years. And without a quarterback, you can give him five years. And he's still not gonna get it done because you're not. It's hard, it's damn near impossible. And I know, ja well, y'all did it in twenty two thousands with the raid with Trend Dilfer. They don't allow you to play football like that. You don't play football like that anymore. The rules are different. So no, Hey, there's nobody winning another Super Bowl like we won it or like Tampa won it in O two. You're not because they won't allow you to play defense like that. Your quarterback is gonna have to stand in the pocket and he's gonna have to make plays throwing the f and football. Yeah, he's gonna be able to use his legs to get out of harm's way some but he's gonna have to be able to throw the football. The days of oh, we got to kill a defense and we're gonna run the ball. No, you're not. No, No, you're not.
Speaker 3: You're not. You're not gonna. You're not gonna win very many games like that because once the team gets ahead on you, once the team gets ahead on you ten fourteen points.
Speaker 1: And you can't run your way back into a game.
Speaker 3: Absolute.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, O Joe, do you like Kyler Murray because I believe there's I believe there's gonna be a separation of church in state in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, Yeah, most definitely. Because I think Kyler Murray is healthy. I think me personally, I think he's healthy. But they're continuing to want to go with the Kobe Brissett based on how he look and how the offense moved with him, you know, the few weeks he's been in Uh, if they do part ways with him, I'm sure Kyler Murray will be somewhere.
Speaker 1: Else next year for sure.
Speaker 3: How how would it look over in New York I'm not sure. I'm not sure if if it's a fit. It all depends on AG. Obviously. Outside of AG, you you got to go to the higher powers and see if that's all yeah, they want to look into or do you want to go into the draft?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: When you when you think about some of the quarterbacks coming into the draft, you know this year, is there a franchise altering quarterback that can come in there and change the franchise. I haven't seen anything like that this year. There have been some that have played good, but nothing that just blows you out the water, like you know, with that guy, we got to have him.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. So we'll see how this plays out. O Jo Mike Rable was apparently very close to landing the Jets job before the Patriot job Open Reporter Connor heugh e'splaying that New York England hadn't fired Girard Mail following its four and thirteen season. He believed Brabil would have been the helm of the New York right now, and truthfully, he was interested in the Jets as the Jets were interested in him. If the Patriot's job hadn't opened, I genuinely believed that Brabil would have been going to take the job. They wanted Mike Brabel more than anything else. So that's when he was the only way to take the Patriots job. They made the last second call. Is anything we can do to give you the job full control, more money? What do you want more? What more can we do to change your mind? O Jo? Yeah, if you interviewed him, you should have. He should have never left your building. You should have.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, you got to do that. You got to understand, you got to understand a coach like that, which is why mister Crabb did with Yes, this is why mister Crabb did. He understood, he understood the assignmon ain't nowhere in hell we have a quarterback. I think he just had the right person in charge, you know, with a little structure, with a little discipline, that can then and instill that Patriot way, you know. Graw Mayo I think was well capable of doing so. They just didn't play well for Grawd Mayo for for whatever reason, I don't know, but the team looked completely different under the tutelage of goddamn.
Speaker 1: Micro different teams.
Speaker 3: Hey don't I don't know why, but listen. I don't think Mike Raby would have had success in New York anyway. He wouldn't have had success. Hell, if you're gonna have success, if you couldn't do it in Tennessee, you damn she won't be.
Speaker 1: Able to do in New York. I think I think Tennessee got with him prematurely. That's what I think. I think the thing you don't listen today, like he and and and the owners started butting head you know, you know A and yeah, and uh, you know, I guarantee she wish she had Mike Brabel. Now she's finding out. She's finding out the hard way. Yes, she's finding out the hard way. I think the thing is like when you're when you're in that type of position, you're in ownership and you're a leadership, the one thing you can't be is impulsive, get mad, you fired. You can't do it, even though sometimes I understand that you want you might want to. You're never working this industry again, right, Brabel had I mean think about it. And then they they they they let Derrick Henry go and they ended up trading A J. Brown.
Speaker 3: Yes, listen, horrible decision by A J. Wanted out, but they were making horrible decisions.
Speaker 1: They would.
Speaker 3: Yeah that that too, but the trade was to try and better they team. Let's see what we can get for him and see if we can improve our team. They drafted brother Trailing.
Speaker 1: Burks, who was supposed to I think got my chemra cut off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that that that didn't pan out. That didn't pan out too well. So, I mean it's just they've been making some bad business decisions when it comes to not only players, but the coaches. Yes, the coaches, well you have you have a super Bowl winning coach that knows what it takes to win. He knows how to bill a team, obviously coming from the New Way, the page Away, coming from England. You know what I have the formula, I know what it takes. It's not gonna be the snap of a finger. And you can't just take money and throw money at it. I need time now and with that time, I need you to give me a quarterback. If you give me a quarterback, I'll take care.
Speaker 1: Of the rest.
Speaker 3: He goes New England. He has a quarterback. Okay, you know what, Now we set we have a franchise quarterback for the next ten to fifteen years. Now, mister Kraft, let me, let me do the rest. Let me do the rest. So what we see from the Patriots right now, we finish, see this for the next ten.
Speaker 1: Twelve fifty for sure, because the one thing that you know about mister Kraft is that he'll get he'll step out of the way. Yeah, step out of the way. Now. Do I think he has more in common with Brabel than he did Coach Belichick? Yes, I do. I think I think under normal circumstances, mister Craft and Coach Belichick probably with have butted heads. But in a situation like where we're in, O Joe, I'm gonna hey, I'm mining goal and we're still finding it. Yeah, and now if Brabel takes that job and they can entice Sam Donald to come back, because I do think Sam Donald says, Okay, here's a coach that has control. I ain't got to I don't gotta worry about ownership. I ain't got to worry about no general manager. Mike Brabel got controlled. I'm not saying he has as much control, but I believe who's the general manager didn't he didn't didn't the general manager come back with Brabel? Yeah, because at the end of the day, O Joe, some people take jobs, and I'm just happy to have a job. They ain't got no sale over to fifty three, they got no silver fifty free agency. They ain't got no say over to Drayt. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That that's hard. That's hard. That's hard to be a coach.
Speaker 1: Or was he already there? I know you got great. Brabel more than likely has sale over fifty three and has some say draft because he knows what he wants. He knows the type of player, he knows the system that he's trying to run. He knows the type of player that he needs to fit set. That's why Coach Belichick a lot of times when he drafted players, he wouldn't work them out himself, but he needed to talk to because the thing is, you can't have a big ego and play for coach Belichick because you say, what do Nah, you gotta leave your ego at home, because see, if you check it at the door, you might anybody to look and go back and get it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nah, that ain't gonna work. No, that it ain't gonna matter of fact, it's it's not gonna work with Rabel, absolutely not. Hey, look, hey, hold on, what's the first thing we said about Stephan Diggs. What's the first thing everyone says about Stefan Diggs. Well, hell, he looks like a whole different person. He seemed like a whole different person. No, thats just when you walk in that door in New England, and just something about that atmosphere. They always talk about the Patriot Way, and so I can't explain it.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 3: It's just the the or the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: Just you you.
Speaker 3: Check yourself down.
Speaker 1: The standard is the standard automatically.
Speaker 3: You just do it.
Speaker 1: Is that your sound on my sound not? Can you speak of that? Your mind was moving? I hear nothing.
Speaker 3: Oh, my bad, My bad, My bad. You know you know I be talking so goddamn fast man, My bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh man, I look, the Patriot's gonna be good for a long time. And what we thought was a foregone conclusion that Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills is gonna run this division for the next ten years. That's not gonna be the change. It's gonna be a dog fight this division. It's gonna be a dog fight this division. Between two teams, Oh for sure. Between between two teams, it's gonna always. It's gonna be always for the next decade. It's gonna be the Patriots or the goddamn Bills. I agree. Oh not your guppies. Who guppies?
Speaker 3: Oh no, listen, listen, listen. The Dolphins and the Jets are in the same boat. Then it's only because they finish scrap. They finish scrapping and clean house too.
Speaker 1: They are oh joe. Bleacher Report ranks his five most overrated quarterbacks. They named Lamar Jackson as the most overrated quarterback in the NFL, said he may not just be one today's most overrated active quarterbacks, but also of all time. His two time MVP status is borderline fraudulent. His credentials don't measure up to other leisures who've won the award on numerous occasions. Of the ten players that have joined multiple MVP clubs during the Super Bowl era, Jackson is the lone member without a Super Bowl ring. All The others on that list include Johnny uniteds Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Brett Farb, Joe Montano, Steve Young, Kurt Warner, Patrick Mahomes were able to take their team to multiple Super Bowl appearances and one at least once. Jackson has yet to even reach the Big Game. He's three and five lifetime in playoffs and has a three seventy five postseason winning percentage that stands far away the worst among multiple MVP winners. First of all, Steve Young did not take no team to multiple MVPs. He was a backup. He took his team to one Super Bowl and he did win it. That was in nineteen ninety four. He threw six touchdowns in Miami to beat the Chargers. So let's yeah, I like to give context. Steve Young did not go to multiple Super Bowls now. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think Earl Morrill didn't Earl Morrills start one of those Super Bowl for the Coats. Oh, you had a two? Johnny United did the Earl? Yeah, Miami, Johnny Johnny went to two two. Uh coach went went to two Super Bowls. I know they beat the Cowboys on the field goal.
Speaker 5: There, Oh Johnny, Yeah, okay, okay, look.
Speaker 1: I get it. Yes, and and oh Joe, we talked about this. This is the the albatross. This is the elephant in the room. You see the names that are on this list that of one multiple MVPs, Lamar is the only one that hasn't been to a Super Bowl. That's not to say, oh Joe, his career is not ending tomorrow, but everybody jumped on me when I said his career will be looked at it as a disappointment if he doesn't get to a Super Bowl considering what he had accomplished. You basical it on what these other guys see. You can't just look, well, he won two MVPs. You got to look at the company that he's in. That's one two MVPs. Now you start looking at it, you're like, well, damn, he has to get to one. Aaron Rodgers went to one. He has to get to at least one. And then we look at him totally different. He gets the one and he wins it, we look at him differently. Ojo, we just do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, But yeah, listen, I understand the company to keep the fact that he's won two MVPs, the fact that he's one of those MVPs, those that in the chat that are listening, that are watching, you have to understand that he's in a different CLEAs in the class of his own, in a different class for that matter. So when it comes to judging him, he judged based off his his what he's not cam Padre's what's the world I'm looking for pep and the company his peers. He judged based on his other peers that have want MVP's as well, and most of them, if not all, have been to a Super Bowl, whether they want a Super Bowl or not, So he judg off of that. But the whole overrated part is the part I don't like. That's the part I don't like saying that he's overrated because he hadn't gotten there yet when he's still playing and only a seventh maybe eighth year, I'm not sure which one it is.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous that nothing about Lamar's first year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but but nothing about Lamar Jackson and what he brings to the table, what he brings to the NFL, what he bring to the Baltimore Ravens in general and giving them a chance and having him a contention every goddamn year. Nothing about that is overrated. That's the part I don't like. Now that is more to me, it's more clickbait. There should be a differ, different title when it comes to talk about the quarterbacks that have won MVPs and have been or won a Super Bowl. That the title should be goddamn different, overrated, my goddamn mad. Now that that's a bunch of bullshit.
Speaker 1: Let me ask your question. But when you looking at him him, you but to here's the thing they're not seeing. You're looking at him against his peers. They're looking at him against his peers that have won two MVPs. So when you look at him, look at the clans that he's in. You compare him to my home boy two MVPs, five super Bowl appearances, three wins. You're looking at Peyton Manning five MVPs, three super Bowl appearances, two wins. You look at Tom Brake, move on, you look at Yeah, you look at brand Fat. How about how about this?
Speaker 3: Everybody on that list, everybody on the list except one person, is already done and not playing any correct. Everybody on the list is done and not playing. So how about we wait until he's done playing, and then we justify whether he belongs in that company or not, or whether he's overrated or not. And even if he doesn't go to a goddamned super Bowl, what he's going to continue to do the resume that he's gonna put together whether he wins three more MVPs and doesn't make a goddamn super Bowl or not, nothing about Lamar Jackson is overrated. I know the fact that the way we judge quarterbacks is based on wins and losses and rings and hardware and all that, But when it comes down to the nitty gritty where you're talking to people that played the game, forget forget the media, forget the pundits, forget those that never played the game. Nothing about young bull out of goddamned Pompino, who played for Boy and Beach High School is overrated. Whether he has a goddamn ring or not, he will still go down as one of the best, the best quarterbacks that ever play this goddamn game. How do we judge Damn Marino? Do we say Damn Marinos not winning the great because.
Speaker 1: G R E. A. T. Great. Now if we add s t one of the greatests, a's what he's going for. You see, you said something very interesting and this is and this is actually true. Only quarterbacks getting measured by wins and Super Bowl, no other, no other position. Super Bowls matter, right, not like they do for a quarterback because oh cho, even when when Brady wasn't putting up numbers like Peyton Manning, they said he was better than Manning because what did he have that Manning didn't? Championships? Think about it now, Peyton Manning had won multiple multiple MVPs. Brady had three Super Bowls. Manning had three regular season MVPs. They say, well, Brady's better because Brady has as you was pointing to your fingers, that's how they, Oh, I don't sit the rules. You see what happened with ring culture. You see what is it done? It'll make people jump around and go try to find the best situation where they can win a ring, and then they shut you up, and it's like, okay, I've already done what I needed to do.
Speaker 3: Now they no more argument and no more argument at that point, Especially when it comes to basketball, you have those that that that have to chase the ring because of ring culture in the rules, the unwritten rules. Matter of fact, how about that the unwritten rules? Because who the hell came.
Speaker 1: Up with it? I don't know. Because they were saying, they were saying Jordan was better than Magic, and Magic had five rings. They were saying, but Jordan was better than Bird, and Bird had three m vps in three rings. He had, he's the last guy to win three consecutive MVPs. You gotta go all the way back to wild. So what has happened is that now I give you another one. The next couple of years, people gonna say s Shelle way A Tani is the greatest basketball player we've ever seen. He's got four m He's got him unanimously, He's got two super he got two World Series wings, O Joe. He had one of the great postseason performers where he struck out ten and hit three home runs. Now he messed around and get another one and win another World Series? Who we who? What? We?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: What we gonna compare him to because we with for MVP unanimously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So you see, once you start and Barry Barnes was so great, even everybody that played against him, said that is the greatest player that I've ever seen. Greg Maddick said, well, it was it really easy to pick the Barry if it mattered you walked him. He said, his job was to get twenty seven hours. You ain'tn't get him on him, So pick the other eight guys to get and figure and figure it out. So when you look at oo, look, it's hard to say a man a man like Lamar And maybe you're right, maybe overrated is a harsh turn. But I think if we they're looking they're looking at it as the ten guys that have something that no other guys have, and that is think about the NFL going on, hold.
Speaker 3: On, stay with me, staying me real quick. Now, So if we if we talk about hard right and hardware, hardware puts quarterbacks in a different and different in a different year where we're not just great great is So are we saying like Ben Rothlisberger belongs in that tier two? Are we saying Russell Wilson also belongs in that tier two? When we talk about quarterbacks that are the greatest because they no no no.
Speaker 1: No no no no no no no no no no no no. But here's the thing, oh Joe, None of these none of those guys have regular season MVPs. Okay, oh so they're okay, there there, there's.
Speaker 3: So we can't we can't, we can't move.
Speaker 1: Let me ask your question. Has anybody ever said Ben Roethlisberger's greater than Tom Brady? Peyton Manning. No, So, when you so, when you look at it, and so when you when you look at it, you have to have regular season MVPs. That does matter. Now when you when you start getting postseason MVPs, that means you won the Super Bowl. See you see Brady Brady Brady has three regular season MVPs. He has seven Super Bowls and five Super Bowl MVPs. So no matter what criteria you use, it's gonna be hard for somebody to overtake him unless my homeboy gets five MVPs. It's let's just say, for the sake of art, we have a compelling case. If my homeboy Mahon boys not even thirty. I think he just turned thirty, yes, so, and and the thing, he just turned thirty. So when you look at it, oh Joe, I think that is the thing. They're they're comparing him in this elite category elite, which is guys that have won multiple m vps. It ain't that many quarterbacks. That's one two, what is it? Uninis Manning, Rogers, Brady Farv Montana, Young Warner, mahme, it's nine. Lamar makes ten. Yeah, he's the only one that's never been to a super Bowl. Now, if he doesn't get to a super Bowl, what are they gonna say? Ojo? Be honest, you know what they're gonna say.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. We know what they're gonna say. We know what they're gonna say. But I listen, huh, I know what they're gonna say. But I know what. My eyes haven't seen all he is, I've seen.
Speaker 1: Let me do you one better. They say, guys that got super Bowl rings at the receiver position better than Ojo because Ocho ain't got no rings. But you run circles around them on the field. You see how they did? See how they did? You see you see how they did that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you, I got listen, I'm with you when you're right now, I'm picking up what saying. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now, so just imagine they do that for the receipt. So imagine if a quarterback that's what I said.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's even, it's even, it's even worse. It's even worse. Now. I hate that it's like that. I hate that it's like that. It's it's somewhat of an unwritten rule just like the unrul of hockey when it comes to fighting, just like the unwritten unwritten rule in baseball. Like I understand it. I hate that it's like that hey ring culture when it comes to talking basketball, it just does. Yeah, it matters, but that that's just the way it is. But I mean, it is what it is. I think I think with the way obviously they didn't they didn't, they didn't have a good year, a good start through the year. They obviously they still the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah. But I think they're gonna win the division. I think they're gonna get a they're gonna get a home game.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna wint about the division. So what about?
Speaker 3: So what you think? What you think we're gonna do?
Speaker 1: So you could do nothing?
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, I'll tell you what I know.
Speaker 1: I tell you what this is.
Speaker 3: I'm very serious tonight. I'm very serious to night. But I'll tell you this, I will give you guys a division if we lose to the Steelers, which I doubt we do. If we lose to the Steelers, I say, you guys are probably gonna win the division at that point. But if we go in there and we beat the Steelers, that momentum, I tell you, I tell you what, that momentum the rest of the season is gonna be hell. I don't I don't give two you know what to drop the dried up pigeon, you know what on concrete? How bad our defense is that momentum? Offensively? Man, man, listen, man, I don't know. It's gonna be tough. Now we if we if we lose to the Steelers, I mean, that's it. It's a rat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean our seasons.
Speaker 1: And so that's that's that's the thing, because you know, you look at Lamar and it's it's tough because in his era mm hm uh, he got my homes. There are a lot of quarters. There are a lot of people that's gonna get overlooked, just like they got overlooked. Ben didn't get the credit he deserves. Drew Brees didn't get the credit that they deserve. Because why they played in the era with Smack Dawn, with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and you're talking about guys that got eight regular season MVPs and ten no, hell no, Tom is nine and twelve super Bowl appearances with nine wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah. God, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Man's crazy.
Speaker 3: And it's you know, it's so funny too, is is we've been spoiled. We've been spoiled, whether the Peyton Mannings and and then the Tom Brady's and the Patrick Mahomes and the Joe Montown And people don't understand how difficult that Aaron Rodgers the breadthat they don't understand Beren Rogers all these quarterbacks and it's thirty two teams. It's thirty two teams and it's only a handful of quarterbacks in each hand Yeah, almost over thirty years that are Tier one quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That just lets people know how difficult that position is and how special those are that are in those conversations.
Speaker 1: That we're talking about.
Speaker 3: And the fact that Lamar's name is in those conversations and went into NVPS and those unwritten rules kind of give you like, augh, he's not really there yet until he does this. So he got, he got to get there. I'm not sure when it's gonna happen, but it's gonna happen before his career.
Speaker 1: Yes, my bad. Tom has ten super Bowl appearances. God damn he has ten. Oh that's crit lost to Eli twice and lost to a Nick Foles. Yes, or the trick of the Philly Special. Yeah, oh Joe. Now here's the next five that had Lamar number one, had Jeorde Love number two, Justin Herbert number three, Dak Prescott number four, Trevor Lawrence number five. Nowh Trevor Lawrence. Need to be with Lamar? Is? I will put Lamar down there. If you're gonna put the you're gonna put Lamar on his list. I'm gonna put him down at five, right man, Trevor Lawrenen, Trevor Lawrence. Man, I don't think Justin Herbert is overrated. Let's see now that he has Jim Harbaugh, the one thing we know about Jim Harbor. Yeah, he gonna win. Mm hmm. They're gonna play like stand out defense and he gets. He gonna get to a super Bowl. I'm not gonna say it's gonna beat this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he definitely he definitely gonna get he getting there and listen and and the way Justin Herbert is playing this year too. Man, Justin Herbert is throwing at absolutely he Quentin john It is Quentin Johnston Quinston Quinton Quentin mm hmm. Man Young Bull, Young Bull got his confidence playing extremely well. That Darius McConkey playing extremely well. Keenan Allen, that veteran presence in that locker room playing extremely well.
Speaker 1: So they're.
Speaker 3: Right now. I forgot about Rondie Gass in the second catching hell of that ball being a Marion Hampton. I think he's coming back. He's coming back on the back on the back end of the season.
Speaker 1: I think he.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna be back off injury. They they gonna make a nice little run. They're gonna make a nice.
Speaker 1: Absolutely will uh. George Love, George Loves gonna have he gonna have to get better, man, George Love's gonna have to be better. I don't know if somebody hasn't got in his ear and talk about, bro, you got to push the ball down the field. Man. You make too much money. You make too much money to be to be missing these throws like and I'm not saying you're gonna make every You're not gonna make every throw. I get that, I understand, And I'm not trying to minimize playing that position because that's a position I couldn't play very But come on, bro, that's why they play. The more you get paid, the more expected, the more expectation and a bird that is placed on you. That's just that's just the rules of engagement.
Speaker 3: Hey, can you imagine? Can you imagine being responsible not only for a team, but playing the most important position on the field. The ball is in your hands the most. They paying you fifty fifty five million dollars a year. Matter of fact, forget a year, they paying you fifty fifty five million dollars in six months, six months. And I need, I need you to carry this franchise. Man, you talk about pressure. I know, it's the game of football. It's what we've all done since we were four years old.
Speaker 1: But man, man, yeah, but look, I'm with you, Ojo. I believe Lamar Jackson is going to get to a super Bowl, and once he gets there and he wins it, it's over.
Speaker 3: Hey, get that monk, get that monkey off my back so I can go play freely. Please, thank you.
Speaker 1: You see, think about it. I give your problem. Example, Lebron James had two m vps, but he had never hadn't gotten to the finals. He had two lost two, and then all of a sudden he he won, got that monkey off his back. Yeah, it was you miss right, and let Lamar get this thing, get the monkey off his back. He might get the mike double you up, go back to back?
Speaker 3: Jack, Yeah, hey, I got one question too, now that we're talking about those hundred rules, especially in these conversations when it comes to quarterbacks and m vps, it was it was just on my well, well, it's kind of different because Jayleen Hurst, Jayla Hurst has a Super Bowl MVP and a ring, so he's not in that conversation.
Speaker 1: These are only are the only guys in the Super Bowl that had at least too regularly the MVPs. Right, okay, okay, there are nine guys. Lamar make the tenth. Lamar is the only one that hasn't appeared any Super Bowl. And think about it, Peyton Manning never went back to back. Tom and Tom, Joe and Mahomes are the only ones to go back to back of the group that right, Peyton didn't go to back to back Super Bowls. Yeah, Kurt didn't. Kurt went ninety nine, we won two thousand. They went in two thousand and one, and then he went again with Arizona, I think, And what was that two thousand and eight? I think it was two thousand and eight because two thousand and nine was New Orleans two thousand what do you call him? Because seven was the Giants, eight was the Steelers, nine, nine was yeah, nine was New Orleans. Ten was the Giants again, yeah, eleven was the Packers. Yeah, h yeah, eleven was the Packers, twelve for the Seahawks. Oh man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm just I was just, you know, just just going. But like I said, o, yo, once he gives that monkey off his back.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, Yeah, yeah, you're gonna be fine. A and that that ship hard. I'm gonna go cause we've been on this thing.
Speaker 1: About because you know why it's hard, because they say there's nothing like a game seven. Well, in the NFL, there's every game is a game seven. Every game, every game, wild card game is game seven, Divisional round game seven, Conference Final game seven, super Bowl game seven. Football, you play a game seven every time you step on the field in the playoffs in football.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, four weeks yes, four weeks of game four weeks of game seven yes, and you gotta mustard up and play your football. You got to play your best football.