Speaker 1: Punk, Jewal and everything. There he is there. He is one sharp dude.
Speaker 2: Did you actually believe that I was gonna be late on a day like today?
Speaker 1: I'm nervous. Are you nervous?
Speaker 3: I'm a little nervous, dude.
Speaker 1: I have butterflies. I don't have butterflies when I'm just shooting the shit with you. But this is a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a list celebrities.
Speaker 4: This is a taylist.
Speaker 2: This is the type of shit that freaking you know shows when they're getting launched and everything like that. They hoped to get a guest like Brendan Fraser. When Fallon launched, he wished he got a guest like Brendan Fraser on that episode. Same thing with Kimmel when they launched. It were like, if we could get somebody like Brendan Fraser.
Speaker 1: By the way, we've been saying it wrong. I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I got yelled at on the internet. It's Fraser. We've both been saying Fraser.
Speaker 3: It's Fraser.
Speaker 1: Fraser like Fraser, like Racer like Laser, Fraser Fraser. Okay, I'm just saying I got someone was like love the podcast act. You're all You're both saying Brendan's name wrong.
Speaker 3: Sorry? Sorry? Do you know how many times I get Donald Phison? Pison Pison?
Speaker 1: What's the other? Oh, there's another phaseon, but he spells it differently.
Speaker 2: There's Faison love, Faison love, and then there's Frankie Faison who spells it the same way. Right, there's a phase.
Speaker 3: On North Carolina.
Speaker 1: I've never been there.
Speaker 3: White and black Faisons.
Speaker 1: How are you guys? How's your week going? By the way, Don Donald, did you know that Dan's nickname is Daniel? I thought that that was just kind of a Joel joke, but it really is his his nickname in life, Daniel.
Speaker 3: It's a nickname? Or is that your name is Daniel?
Speaker 1: His name is Daniel. But he's been a very long story. He doesn't want to go into but.
Speaker 5: Daniel, happy to do it another time, Happy to do it another time.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm starting to wonder if we should call on the podcast, should be calling him Daniel because I like to use nicknames. It makes me feel like I'm close to someone.
Speaker 5: Well, I would be honored if you would call me Daniel.
Speaker 1: I might just do that.
Speaker 3: There it is Daniel.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see I'm gonna see I'm gonna say it flows because you can't force a nickname like like, you know, I hate it when when you say someone's nickname and you feel like I just it is not flowing out of me, right ye.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, my mom was like the the uh, not the leader of a camp, but like the creative director at a camp. It was a camp that had a boy season and a girl season. The name of it was Camp at Water. It was in Massachusetts, right, And I remember she went around a table with all the counselors because she had to be there early to meet all the counselors and stuff. She went around a picnic table we were outside. I was there because I'm there with my mom, and she's like, all right, everybody, just give me your first your name and then you know a nickname that people give you. So people was going around I'm terrific Tasha, or I'm you know, stunning Steven. And they got to this dude named Daryl and he was like, they call me delicious Darryl.
Speaker 3: And I remember I remember being like wow.
Speaker 2: And and then later on Cedric the entertainer there has a joke where you know what grown man wants to call another grown man?
Speaker 3: Delicious? Which better than my nickname? What was your nickname? My father called me the great Destroyer. It's a great destroyer.
Speaker 6: I'd be like, oh, here comes the great destroyer I was. I had my head was constantly in the clouds, and I had a tendency to just break things, running into them arms like gesticulating wildly, knocking over cubs and stuff.
Speaker 3: So, wow, that stuck destroyer.
Speaker 1: My nickname was BIZ because it's my initials backwards.
Speaker 3: Braf Israel Zach zactly.
Speaker 2: So when I was a kid, so I grew up with Terrence Howard, right, he and I. I've known him since he was like twelve years old. As a matter of fact, my first I took him on his first audition. He crashed and crashed an auditioned with me, and it wound up being like the Jackson and special and he became you know, he's Terrence Howard.
Speaker 3: Now, Anyway, when we would hang out when we.
Speaker 2: Were kids, there was this dude in the neighborhood who didn't necessarily like the fact that two acting you know, teenagers or you know, young men were walking around hanging out together. So he was called show Biz and I was Hollywood. So when we come outside and be like, here comes show biz in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start calling you Hollywood.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 4: No, no no no.
Speaker 1: How are you? How's your life? Donald Faison?
Speaker 3: It's good. You know.
Speaker 2: I board in the house and I'm in the house board you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's the same old stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you got a birthday coming up.
Speaker 3: I do. I'm gonna be forty six.
Speaker 2: That's fucking It'll literally be twenty years since we started Scrubs. When we started Scrubs, I had just turned twenty six, So it'll be twenty years this year Scrubs will have been We will have been making Scrubs like it was the first The first episode came out when I was twenty six years old.
Speaker 3: I bought you a present, No, my wife bought me a present.
Speaker 1: I bought you a present for both Father's Day and your birthday?
Speaker 3: So did my wife?
Speaker 4: What did you get me?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you. I'm not going to tell these all these fine folks.
Speaker 3: Listening, but is it a donut machine?
Speaker 1: No? Are you going to keep the donut machine. Though, by the way, we haven't heard the update on the donut machine.
Speaker 3: I think I might keep the doughnut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course you're going to keep the donut machine. Will you post pictures on your on your Instagram so so our listeners can see it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I made ice cream yesterday. I made a raspberry ice cream yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was delicious.
Speaker 1: Do you have an ice cream maker?
Speaker 2: Well, there are a lot of things that you can use to make ice cream. But I have a little attachment that goes on my little Bellville and it's a mixer and it's spit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It took me two days to make ice cream. But I made ice cream and then I made some fudge. So it was raspberry ice cream with a little chocolate fudge underneath. Let me tell you, they went crazy in this household for my food. I lost some mind.
Speaker 1: So this is a new phase for your quarantine. You become a dessert chef.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people thought I would phase off when it came to cooking.
Speaker 3: I decided to phase on.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I think that the best solution for your diet is to start becoming a dessert chef.
Speaker 3: I think it'll be great for my cholesterol. Yeah, and it'd be great for my It'd be great for my diet.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I am a dessert man.
Speaker 1: I love sweets, I love sugar, I love ice cream.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, I made fudge. Yes, to make fudge, Brownie, you got to make fudge first. I made fudge first. Oh my, let me take something right now, and nothing like some homemade fudge. Oh my gosh, that is good. Listen, that shit is good.
Speaker 1: The people loved Scott Foley, great reaction to God.
Speaker 3: Foley was a great guest man.
Speaker 1: He was a great guest. Everybody loved him on there. Yeah, and my whole timeline was nobody cares Sean. Like I'm talking about ninety nine percent of the comments where nobody cares Sean. Some people said nobody cares Zach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I said that a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Oh that was you, that was you commenting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was me.
Speaker 1: I thought you mad on my Instagram. I'm good, you know. I don't know how do you answer that these days? He just everyone just goes yeah, I don't know, staring at the wall. I think it's crazy, you know, the cases are all rising, you know, somebody wrote. Somebody wrote on Twitter. I thought it was really appropriate. They said like, so we're all just kind of got bored and just said fuck it, because people are just going out there. It's rising. Fauci said something like, what do you you know people are saying like, oh, it's the second wave. She's like, what are you talking about? This is still the first wave. Yeah, you know, and it's spiking everywhere. It's spiking in LA, It's spiking in so many places.
Speaker 3: And spiking in the South. Hardcore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. So I don't know. Oh man, it's crazy. It just feels like people went fuck it, I'm over it, and they're just gonna they're going out. I don't know. If you've seen all these videos of people out out and about with no masks on. I think it's I think it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, everybody's gonna live their life, you know how, They're gonna live there, you know.
Speaker 3: And I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't stop anyone from I can I can beg and I can plead, and I can you know, you know, say to that's all we can do. Please don't go out, Please think of your fellow man, there are the people that can't. You know, that won't be as lucky as you are. If you are one of the lucky ones that you know, this virus does nothing to But.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't. What are you gonna do.
Speaker 2: You're gonna arrest people, what are you gonna do? Jump on people and stop them.
Speaker 1: I haven't, We haven't, we haven't. We haven't spoken too much on on on about our friend Nick this podcast. You know, Donald and I have a very good friend, Nick Cordero. You may have heard about him in the news. He's about as sick as someone can be, and he was had no pre existing conditions, and he is forty years old, and he was he was staying in my guest house. And he's one of my best friends in the world. He's an amazing actor. Broadcast we did a play together. He's a wonderful actor, a wonderful singer. He's just ind like you know, people always say this about people, but like, honestly, he's the nicest person I've ever met, Like, like, there is not a malicious, weird, competitive, angry cell in his body. He's an angel of a human being. And he was he was here, he was living in my guest, I'll say he and his wife bought a new house in LA. They were making the move from New York to LA. They have a they have a one year old baby. They were just living the American dream. They literally bought their first house. And he went back to New York to pack up his apartment and got COVID so bad that he's been staying alive with the help of machines. I don't and no one knows he's gonna make it. He's lost his leg due to complications of clotting and such.
Speaker 3: His lungs.
Speaker 1: His lungs are just Swiss cheese, they said. The COVID just just fucking destroys the lungs. So I not to be a Debbie downer on this show, but I haven't been talking about it because we're here to hopefully entertain you and take your mind off things. But if you're headed out and you don't have a mask on, I want you to to think about my friend Nick. Maybe just think about it, because I think people take comfort and going well. Worst case scenario, I'm forty, what's gonna happen? This guy had had he was healthy, his wife's a trainer. I mean, he's a healthy guy and uh, and he could he could die. So I don't mean to to to preach, and I wasn't even gonna bring this up, but I just felt weird all of a sudden not mentioning it.
Speaker 6: And uh.
Speaker 2: And you know, so while you think, while you think it's, uh, well, everybody is out there, just you know about uh, for all the people that are sick of this virus, just know that this virus isn't sick of us exactly.
Speaker 1: And and just know that, uh, you know, don't have in your head. I think it's a shame for people to have in their head. Oh worst case scenario. I get it. They say it's like a really bad flu. That's that's bullshit. That's some people. But there's also some people like Nick who are totally healthy and have a one year old baby and are just started walking, who just started walking today actually, and uh and his and he could die. I mean, we don't know. It's it's it could go either way. So I'm sorry to open the show with that. Donald helped me change the tone of things by being jovial and leading us in some.
Speaker 3: Show we made.
Speaker 1: About a bunch of.
Speaker 3: The story.
Speaker 1: So Let's bring in Brendan. Everybody, Let's bring in Brendan Fraser. Donald, don't say it like the.
Speaker 3: Oh I should see you.
Speaker 1: Oh man, look at this. Donald and I both admitted to each other that we have butterflies because we don't have fancy uh movie stars on our on our pocket. No offense to our other guests. They're great offense.
Speaker 3: They all did they they've all been.
Speaker 1: Great, but they're not like Brendan level.
Speaker 2: We just kicked it up a notch, like like like like Emerald used to say, bay them, kick it up a notch.
Speaker 4: Flattery will get you everywhere.
Speaker 1: Brandon. We we we're giddy that you're here. Not only are we not only have we always both been fans of your work, but when you came on the show, it was really cool because you were by far the fanciest guest star we had on the show. And then you became like people's favorite storyline. And I don't even know if you know this, but the episode where you died is a lot of people's favorite episode of the whole series. And so we're just we're thrilled you're here and we want to talk about all of it.
Speaker 2: You helped launch our you know, I don't think. I don't know if it definitely wasn't on purpose. But our buddy Josh Rayden, who gets spoken of every freaking episode, his song was played at your character's funeral and because of that his career. I mean, he travels all over the world now and performs to packed houses. But this was the first song that he ever wrote, and somehow Bill used it in this episode.
Speaker 1: This somehow is me. I said, you need a sad song, try my buddy's first song. He had never written a song, and we played it during your funeral episode and it launched his career. But anyway, we let Brennan talk.
Speaker 4: That's really nice. I mean, look, the music's important so much in the across the arc of the whole whole show. I mean, the choices were always spot on. They made you feel the internal conflict even though there was you know, this comedy that that was juxtaposed against. It's a very serious environment. I mean, how do you make a hospital funny? Yeah, you guys did it for many, many episodes, and I I'm so pleased. When I've been going to comic conventions in the last two years or so, that's a similar thing that everyone says they're very they're moved by that episode. Now, look, thanks for nice things you're saying to me, but you're only as good as the company you keep and how well it's written, and some camera things too. But I just I should say belated thank you, like what seventeen years later now for including me in that cast and pulling me into the fold.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about that today too. I let's take a walk back here. I had just finished a run of my West End debut in London and katonahats and roof, and I came back to La and my former wife Afton and Krista Miller are longtime friends, and I had not met Billbi before, but I did get on the phone with him, and I recall saying something like he's asking, how you doing. We want you to come and do this. I let me see the script. I mentioned something about feeling a little tired or jet lagged or I needed to get back to the gym, and he said, all right, well I'll send it over. So we sent the script over and he sent a bunch of gym shorts, I mean, like nice ones too, So I thought, all right, I'm in. When one man sends another man his shorts, there is no other love.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're trying to get an actor to do something, there's always the go to thing, which is write a nice letter. But I'm gonna take I'm gonna take Bill's Q on this and get more creative. He sent you clothing.
Speaker 2: Well, it just showed he was listening. Listen, man, I'm tired. I gotta get back to the gym. Let me help you out. There's some shorts.
Speaker 3: I'm the script that's true.
Speaker 2: Are you are you in town right now or are you out of town? I know you're doing that. The show, the superhero show, Doom Patrol, Doom Patrol?
Speaker 1: Do you not know that? Donald I Doom Patrol and yours superhero guy.
Speaker 2: I was just watching the trailer for season two where you guys are miniaturized and everything like that. I'm very excited for it. I was really when the show started. I was actually I watched Titans and then when they introduced Doom Patrol through Titans and Beast Boy, I was really excited to watch the show. And the cast is phenomenal. You got such a really dope cast. You Matt Bonner what's his name?
Speaker 3: Timothy Dalton, Like it's a sick cast dude.
Speaker 4: Tane Gerrero, Appa Bowlby season two, Let's Get out of the Way. June twenty fifth on HBO Max The New One. Check it out, very Excitedcdonald, Did you actually watch the I read the comics before. I mean, this is the first time my live action things been No.
Speaker 2: I had not read the comic before, but I knew it existed, but had I had never?
Speaker 4: I had never because it's really an obscure property. It was really kind of it was orphaned. It was done like seven different incarnations on real prints. Yeah, and they didn't they killed everybody off at one point they brought them all back and then Grant Morrison did the run that this that inspired the show. So the word surreal gets bandied about very much in the way we speak, but it actually borrowed from Dadaism, and you know that what Dolly was up about surrealism in the way that this show's inspired. A lot of the set pieces are direct key art from the graphic novels Wow and it and it did keep the sense of I don't know if I want to call it it's people like to say dark or it's serious. I think it just didn't. It doesn't. It doesn't shy away from going to the places that motivate brooding superhero characters and explaining really why, and often in white knuckle detail.
Speaker 2: So you guys, guys, you guys are very It's a very I would say it is a dark show, like each and every one of your origins comes from a dark place, you know what I mean, just from your character alone. Your character was a race car driver who was who was like, you know, cheated on his wife and really didn't give a shit about anybody but his daughter, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And he was I don't think he won all those races fair and square either to.
Speaker 2: Right, just a bad, bad dude that he dies and gets put into a robot, and he's led to believe that his daughter is I don't want to spoil the show.
Speaker 4: Here, I said it, he's and and so he's struggling to reconcile how to be a better man, except now he's trapped in this steampunk robot body, and strangely, he's a better human being as a robot than he was.
Speaker 2: As a man, right right, right, and and and he's there for his teammates. He's like in every episode, he's the one character who's there for his teammates. He's there for the girl with all the personalities. He's there for it's.
Speaker 4: Crazy Jane, crazy as she's known with their sixty four different personalities that you.
Speaker 3: Call with superpowers too, that's a superpower. That's dope. You could sixty four different powers. That's pretty dope. Anyway, I'm show Brendan, did.
Speaker 1: You read comic books when you were a kid?
Speaker 4: I had a anthology of Superman. I tried to get into Batman because all the cool kids did then. And I got to be honest with you, they they kind of think they were formidable, and they sort of scared me a little bit. It was like listening to heavy metal music and you're not ready for it to me. And and so, I mean, I I like them, for sure, but my speed was more like Dennis the Menace and Richie rich Yeah. I read. I would read Archie, Little Archie, Yeah, little Archie. Look Yeah, So I guess in short, no, not really, But then I mean when this came along, it's kind of a yeah, I would want to be at part of this because I'm not sure if if risks like this get taken that frequently. And I'm no aficionado, you know, in a world of comics and that kind of thing, but I know that it's a piece of Donald just touched on this. That's like everyone comes from some horrible accident that occurred to them prior to them being introduced to its audience, our audience, and that's the reason why that they have to build better lives through it. Although they bicker with one another and they hate one another, but they can't be a part and they don't function without one another, kind of like scrubs, I should say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the very theme song is I can't do this all on my own. You can't do this song, and yeah, it's about the camaraderie. You know, you had the most epic career. I was just scrolling your IMDb page just before you came on because I wanted to just kind of glance at everything. I mean, you have the kind of career that actors dream of having. You from really cool artistic indies to the biggest tent pole movies ever. I mean, do you when you look back on things, is there is there a favorite or is it all kind of like I mean, for us. I mean, Donald and I look back at Scrubs. We haven't had the fraction of the career you've had, but I mean we look back and go, Okay, We've had lots of fun experiences, but Scrubs was like one of the best experience of our lives. Is there a project that you look back on that and go, you know, I've done a lot of cool things, but this one in particular was like, holy shit, that changed my life or this or or if.
Speaker 4: I had to like name something that really changed my life for better or worse, I'd have to say it was around two thousand and sorry, like nineteen ninety nine. It was the Mummy pictures. Everybody saw those, I mean, and still they have a resonance. I guess it's just you know, my done luck that the the the lore of an Egyptian mummy wrapped up for several thousand years looking for his girlfriend. This is an enduring theme that we just love to do and over and over and over again. So you know, we had that had that that had that going for it. But if I think of a film there that that made me feel like it changed I worked with I worked with Michael Kane, in Vietnam on a picture called The Quiet American and it was a pretty good adaptation. Christopher Hampton wrote it of the of the novel, and we shot in Vietnam, and at that time, no Western film had been made in Vietnam. I mean, if you saw a movie that was a war picture or something, it was in Malaysia or Thailand or doubled somewhere else in South Pacific for the Jungles. But we had the good fortune and to actually be there, and it was exciting for the reasons that it really pushed back at as the novel did that American foreign policy was, you know, blessed in the world. And the reality is, no, it's not. The picture itself, I can say confidently was put on the chopping block by Miramax when it came out September eleventh, had transpired it and and the I don't even want to say his name, but the boss of that company he said, I don't want to do anything wrong for the American people. And we never really knew what that meant. And Michael took the picture to Chorto International Film Festival and gave it in an audience there, and that's when it really started to take off, and The Washington Post wrote a piece called let the Quiet American speak and you know, in other words, you don't need to sugarcoat this. You don't have to treat us like children. We should know. I mean, these are things that we do have to discuss that has not changed then and it had it can't change now. I mean, so to be a part of that, I guess I felt I was in in good company and I felt like I had a chance to be a part of a picture that would, you know, in its own way change the world. Now, movies do or they don't, and that's the hope and the aspiration. But it did fulfill something for me that was meaningful. And if it didn't find its audience at that time, there's always the notion and feeling that it will do in the future. And well, I think it still hold up.
Speaker 1: You can have a lot of people watching it now because it's one of yours. I haven't seen, and I'm definitely curious, and we have a handful of people listening to this. I'm sure we'll check it out. I loved one of your early film school ties.
Speaker 3: Was Yeah, I was about to say that.
Speaker 1: Man, that movie hit me at the right man, and especially.
Speaker 3: Being a young Jewish man that's.
Speaker 1: Of course, and we didn't and I didn't feel like I looked like Brendan, you know. I was like, there, I am, look handsome. I'm being represented. But but I mean your performance in that movie as a young actor. I mean, I think everyone in the world was like, you know, everyone who loves movies was like, oh shit, look at this new guy. I thought you really really were great in that movie.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Thanks. It was sort of the diner casting. Yeah, it's day in a.
Speaker 2: Way, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon. The list is ridiculous, so many people right right right, Anthony Rat's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: We at that time had no idea what we were doing. We had an abundance of enthusiasm. Probably the most important thing to us is getting the producer to provide us breakfast in the morning before we had to play football all day, although they did not, you know, I mean, and and still at that time I look at it and I think, I don't I really don't know that much about that guy anymore. I I you know, I just see I see I see a cast are very hopeful, but at the same time, we all have this sort of tenuous. Is this it kind of feeling as you do when you're first starting out in this industry. So but for that, rather than you know, turning inward, we just swung for the fences and hope for the best, for for whatever the film would would result in.
Speaker 3: Well it was.
Speaker 1: It was really great. Thanks, Donald and I both remember that film. Finally, we've talked about it before. And Donald, you also began your career in a football film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did. It's called Remember the Titans. Have you watched it yet?
Speaker 1: No, it's on my to do Listen, I'm going to watch. I have to tell you these are.
Speaker 3: That's fine and and that's fine, but these are the issues that I'm having. Now.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what happens on a company.
Speaker 3: Let me finish, Let me finish. Is this because? Is this because I didn't read Garden.
Speaker 1: State when you Yes, Yes, that's one of the reasons.
Speaker 2: I was in the shower and I was thinking, you know, I've done some projects and Zach's never seen any of them.
Speaker 1: No, I've seen a lot of them.
Speaker 3: You've seen, dude, You've what was the.
Speaker 1: Movie you in where where the famous rapper was a postman?
Speaker 3: It's called Next Day. First of all, it was Next Day Air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw second all.
Speaker 2: The only reason why you saw Next Day Air is because I invited you over for screening at my house with all the producers, and that was about.
Speaker 1: Boy who is the rapper I forgot.
Speaker 3: He was really good.
Speaker 2: Most deaf man Most is a good actor.
Speaker 1: He did a good job in that movie.
Speaker 4: I worked with Most Steph. I worked with Most Deph once in a really obscure movie that shot and saw Paula Brazil. It was called Journey to the End of the Night, and he played a Nigerian dishwasher who gets roped into running a huge suitcase of cocaine in this sort of impossible scenario that he just can't win from. He was so good, I mean he was what was the name of the movie, Journey to the End of the Night, Journey.
Speaker 1: To I'm gonna watch that. I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 3: Scene Bay in Journey to the End of the Night.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch that too. So sorry, but Titans got moved down another rung because I've had two more films. Let me tell you what happens in my house. You have dinner, you get what are we gonna watch? Tonight.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't know if this happens days and remember the Titans.
Speaker 1: Now, let me tell you. I just want to know if this happens in either any of your houses. You have a list of like one thousand classics you want to watch. You have a list of like your friends movies you want to watch. You got a list of movies you read online that everyone's talking about. And then you get out there and you're tired, and you had a glass of wine and you're like.
Speaker 4: And it's HGTV time.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Top Chef, Top Chef, Top Chef. Listen. I could be a cook now because I watched so much Top Chef.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 2: You said it's friend movies that your friends are in, and you look at the classics and everything like that. Dude, you can knock two out with one stone. It's a motherfucking classic one two.
Speaker 3: Your friend is in it. So dude, let's just get to the waiting.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it. I'm right after quiet American. I'm gonna do it, all right. I promise you this is a commitment.
Speaker 2: You're lying, but okay, you've been saying this for years. I just want you to know that for years, listen. We don't have to go ahead.
Speaker 1: We don't have Brendan forever because he has to feed his children. So I want to move quickly. We're gonna take a quick break and we're gonna come back, and then we're gonna go through the episode because I want to talk. This episode has so much in it, and Brendan, you probably don't even know this, but there's so many things in this particular episode that that became through lines for the whole series, including when you pick me up and I yelled eagle, Uh, the the a cappella group, Uh, Bob Zeltzer, you're a cancer doctor. All right, we'll be right.
Speaker 4: Back, and we're back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: So this episode is called My Hero and it's the second of Brennan's three episodes. He did, Brendan, did you know? By the way, I know you assumed you knew you were doing too? But then, what what's the story of of you came back? Not till season three? Did did Bill? He couldn't have possibly see tod, Hey, we're gonna build your character and come back in two seasons. So how did that come about?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I gotta, I gotta, Bill knows the answer to that one. I mean, I had such a great time with the to be continued to you know, to hand or that came in the first season that I was in, and then when he called up to do it again, I was like, absolutely, you know you it was because I had such a great time working you guys.
Speaker 2: You and you and you brought something to the table that a lot of that went on for a really long time. Also your camera when you brought your camera to look at this. Look, Zach has a camera just like that.
Speaker 1: Now I'm holding up I'm holding up my my polaroid UH one ten a that I would not have purchased without Brendan. So I want you know, Brendan and I are both. Brendan Christa Miller and I are all camera geeks. We all h collect them. But I was never into old polaroid cameras until I met Brendan and all. And if you guys are watching the episode and you see him shooting all these polaroids, they that was inspired by Brendan. Those are all his pictures you're you're looking at. And I got so into uh polaroid photography because of you, Brendan and I I've not like free for the twenty years since I've seen you. I can't tell you how many different polaroid cameras I've bought and collected. And Donald was saying on another podcast, he goes, why do I have so many like professional quality polaroids of myself? And I'm like, that's because of Brendan, because Christa and I both got so into it. We've taken so many pictures of them.
Speaker 4: Not of them sit in the sit in a closet or on the shelf right now. Because the film is so hard to find, and.
Speaker 1: I know you can get it online if you buy. I actually, knowing that you were coming on, I haven't. I haven't used it in a while, but knowing you were come on, I was like looking online to where I can find it. Fuji still makes the film for a.
Speaker 4: Good pack film, impossible projects another one, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, but for those of you who want to get into this hobby, Fuji F P one hundred is is the go to, right Brennan, that's the last one.
Speaker 4: Let me just geek out. I'll put my glasses on.
Speaker 1: Fuji F one hundred. I just gave him a shot out. There should be a sponsor, so Brendan when you picked me up at one thirty three in this kid's room. Now, I can't imagine you even could could know this story, but the fans I've watched eight seasons, no, when you picked me up and spun me, the first thing I say that made me laugh was I go faster. Because the whole the whole gag is that JD is such a nerd that at first he's like no, no, no, no no, and then then he's like as a kid and I and then you're spinning and you're spinning me. And on one last take, I thought, oh, be extra doorkey if JD pretended he was soaring like an eagle. And then I just went eagle, which became bizarrely a huge runner. Throughout the whole season of the series of the show. Donald would pick me up and i'dl eagle, and it became a running thing.
Speaker 3: It became his what you're talking about, willis?
Speaker 1: It became my what you're talking about? Willis? It became my catchphrase. Run you you lifted me into my It's like in dirty dancing doing the lift. You lifted me into my catchphrase.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thanks very very much. Everywhere. I particularly liked your shower shorts, if I remember, yes correctly, the man for.
Speaker 1: The man who has nothing to hide but still wants to.
Speaker 4: Still want and it did have a wallet and then you hold it out, you let it go, and there's this sort of like sound off camera and you just WinCE a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. But I mean everywhere I go in my life, and I've been traveled all around the world, I will have people yell eagle at me as I walk down the street.
Speaker 3: It's forever, It's forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all because of this moment at one minute thirty eight.
Speaker 3: And then Krista goes for a spin. I wonder if Krista liked that. I have a feeling Krista wasn't too fond of the spin.
Speaker 1: I bet she liked it because it was Brendan. If it was anybody else, she would have been like.
Speaker 3: There's no way, there's no way.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine a Bill writing an episode. If Bill put any other character picks up Krista and spins her, she would have been like, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 3: Uh tangle in my giblets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I laughed out loud at that. I don't like too much freedom down there. It makes me tingle in my giblets. I think I may have made that one up, because I don't think Bill would have written gibletz. Brennan. You found a way with this character to bring out something. You know, Johnny C had yet to really warm up to anybody. He's his character, Doctor Cox is playing. He's such a tough alpha guy. And then with your character, we see the friendship that that that JD in Turk have mirrored a bit. We see, Oh there is a guy out there who's silly and who's goofy and is and is out there who's kind of like his JD. If you, if you will, do you know what I mean? Like you? You you brought out the silly side of a guy the audience is only known as someone who's so serious and agro.
Speaker 4: Right he was and just just like Johnny C.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, although Johnny's a smidgen nicer.
Speaker 4: Right, absolutely heart of gold. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you know Johnny before this? Had you guys worked together?
Speaker 4: We No, we had not met before. I'd seen him films that he'd made, and but I think I met him on the day tell you the truth to day there was a nail in my hand. Yeah, a board, right.
Speaker 1: I remember that was the first episode before this.
Speaker 4: One, correctly. I think we met like maybe three minutes earlier than that. But it's because he doesn't take much time to make up chair I learned. He just kind of walks in, scrubs his head and then makes like these sort of animal grunt noises and puts product in it and does it again and like does like elaborate clicking and snapping with his fingers and then he takes off. He's good to go. I had to show up, like, you know, an hour early with Christa, so we could you know, get our strand by strand done just perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Donald went through Donald through Donald. Colin Farrell was on the show, and I think it was him, right, Donald, you didn't want any makeup, and uh, you know, because he looks like Colin Farrell. And then Donald was like, you know what, I'm gonna start doing that. I don't need makeup either.
Speaker 3: If it's good enough for Colin Farrell is good enough for me.
Speaker 1: And Donald Donald was like showing off, like I don't even make up either, and then like we did one episode in the next week, Donald was like I'm gonna go back to the makeup.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go back to.
Speaker 2: Uh, speaking of makeup, is that you in in the in the costume all the time or do they have a stand in for you?
Speaker 3: Or do you have to do makeup every day like that?
Speaker 4: Which costume? Which I've had a lot of weird ones, and I've had some that were at all Oh for Patrol, Oh, No, that's voiced by Riley shan I mean I'm voicing the character. Riley Shanahan wear's the suit. He is a wonderful comedic performer with fantastic timing, and he's full on playing the character through a mask. Yeah, and uh he he does the heavy lifting there. I mean, I show up in an episode or two wearing pieces of that because, like I said, it, it borrowed. It breaks a lot of rules and makes its own the way the show unfolds. But otherwise, no, I'm it's like I gotta, I gotta, I gotta be clear with you. It's like it's like a dream job. Somebody else wears the thing shows up for you. In recent months, I don't even go inside the studio, like we all know, you're sitting in your closet right now. I've been doing a d R on a cell phone. It's it's it's weird days. It's weird days for a business. But on the other hand, like, don't tell anybody this is actually prim.
Speaker 1: I think that's the case wearing pants. I think that's the case with I think it's the case with Mandalorian too, you know, because that's all stuntman.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, yeah, yeah, So I mean.
Speaker 1: Not to talk about it though, do they did? The producers want you to be like, no, Brennan's in the suit.
Speaker 4: No, no way, I would never do that. That's not fair to Riley. I I mean, and I'm fifty one. Now. This guy is like built like a tree. And that thing is that those robot suits and all that, all that, like you know DC Comic and Marvel Comic, those outfitial supersuits. They're heavy, they are superformers are really unsung heroes. I've worked with many of I worked with them on on I'll say the titles George of the Jungle, the guys in the gorilla suits are amazing. They're they're I mean, they really take Sidney and behavior seriously, and I mean it's it's a thing back comedy, but at the same time, no, there they were quite specific about what they needed and how they would move as a troop.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean, can you tell Donald and I how to get in that kind of shape if we ever wanted to try, because you're pretty ripped.
Speaker 4: In that movie. Yeah, go back in time and eat nothing but like broccoli and styrofoam, lift weights until you puke, and then go wash your mouth out and keep doing it.
Speaker 1: I was once in the gym and a gym and uh, and Armd Schwarzeninger walked into the gym to sort of inspect it. I guess his friend owned it or something. And he was still the governor and he walked over to me on the I was on one of the benches, and uh, I don't know if he recognized me as an actor or if he was just sort of like talking to me as a citizen, like, hello, what's what's your goals with your workout? And I was I was so starstruck, and I was like, uh, oh, well, I guess I just kind of want to look like Brad Pitton Fight Club. And he goes and he goes, you need to eat a lot of carrots, that's all carrots. So for like the next two months, I was just like fucking pounding carrots and it never happened ripped, No, I mean it never happened. It never. I never had a rapitt fight club orange skin.
Speaker 3: You definitely got orange, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: He's a lot of carrots, and then he just moved on to somebody else.
Speaker 4: You hit a lot of broccol league you. You eat a lot of kumquats.
Speaker 3: And you eat a squash.
Speaker 7: You just he's walking around to each version in the gym for you, broccoli for you?
Speaker 1: How long would you train? How long would when? How long would you train for something like that? I mean the Mummy too. I mean, I know you're in six shape, Like did you did you? Would you go through big training periods?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think I recall it was. I mean, all in, it's like a year if you're gonna you know, and then you do maintenance and blah blah. But you know, I I haven't asked about this frequently over the years, and I really don't know the answer because everyone's body is so different, and I almost feel reticent to say, well, this is what I did, because then people want to emulate or do that, and it might not be right for them. But I guess, if i'd be honest, it's just just just just get it over with and lift weights, I guess. But the thing is that there's wear and tear on your joints, your spine. I became really proficient with ice bags, like really talk about nerdy camera geek. I was like nerdy ice cube geek. And and uh, you know, it's a lot to keep it's a lot to keep up. It's a lot to ask of your body. And I have to say with confidence that I felt a sense of relief when it wasn't something that was expected of me, that wasn't exactly what you know I'm known for. Or I was happy to say that's someone else's job right now, you know, Like and uh, and just you know, pound back the milkshakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and focus on Paul.
Speaker 3: Paul Rudd said something very similar to me.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know, I felt great when I was doing it. But I'm gonna tell you something right now, I'd love to drink a milkshake right now.
Speaker 3: I'd love something, you know what I mean. Like, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: It's like when you're doing it, you feel great, and there's a purpose. Somebody's paying you a lot of money to do this stuff. But really, you know, living is a lot of fun too.
Speaker 4: I feel it. And you know, I got to say something psychologically, if I'm honest, I can look at those images now and think, I see a guy who is still insecure, who still felt like, I don't know, a certain part of your body didn't look the proportion that you were hoping for. Or I learned from that that our self image is just really tied up with a single thing, and that's confidence. If you have that, it doesn't matter how often you go to a gym or don't go to a gym. I really learned that it's about the person who you are and the rest is just decoration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I agree.
Speaker 2: I wish I you know, I wish I had that confidence when I go places like the beach and stuff like that, Like I feel great in my skin at home, I could prance around naked in front of my wife and stuff like that, and I'm confident that I, you know, I still feel I still feel and look sexy to her. When you go to the beach, though, and there's a and there's a you know, stigmatism of how everybody's supposed to look and you don't necessarily fit that type. It's like, wait a second. You know, I don't necessarily want to take my shirt off and jump into the water.
Speaker 3: Now, you know what I mean? I have I have. I have real issues when it comes to that.
Speaker 2: I remember working so hard to get in shape and look a certain way, you know, when like, just like you said, when it was time for the big reveal, I felt like I didn't reach my goal, you know what I mean. Then I look back at it now and I'm like, holy shit, I looked bad, Like holy look at that, but it never back.
Speaker 3: I remember we talked about this on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I just wish I could have been present when I you know what I mean, Like there were so many things on my mind when all the projects that I've made before. I wish I could have just been it, just experienced every moment, and I didn't. I was too worried about this or too interested in something else, uh, to really focus on you know.
Speaker 4: And now the age that we live in, everybody has a camera right in their pocket, and we're all privy to one another's physiques, and it's you know, it's a it's a it's a it's a macawbre pastime that is available to everyone. And and you know, depending on where you are in the world or what country part of the country, Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always wonder, is there's somebody with a long lens? You know, is there a sniper.
Speaker 3: Right where are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Did that happened a lot in LA for sure?
Speaker 1: But out of LA, is that one of the like tell us a little bit about.
Speaker 4: I felt relief? I mean for that reason alone that you know, because it's it's uh, it's a place that's that's that's uh, that's myopic in that sense. Yeah. And you know, with distance you can get some perspective. Yeah, which was which was helpful to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: You know, my wife always says, She'll say something to me like, you know, I'm just bigger than everybody.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, in l A.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're bigger than everybody in l A. And you go anyplace else and people would be like, damn girl, either sandwich or something, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 1: But I think it's good when actors get out of New York and in l A. I mean, you have to have reached a certain level of of stature in the business as you have where you can kind of be anywhere you want. But I I fantasize about that sometimes. I don't know about you, Donald, about being able to be somewhere that's not in the heart of the industry.
Speaker 2: I think, well, yeah, you'd get more for your buck. First of all, you get more, you know what I mean. The two million dollars that you spend in Los Angeles gets you a room with the window. You do that ship in Montana and you got a ranch, you know what I mean. Like, it's a huge difference. I would I would you know.
Speaker 1: I can't picture you on a ranch. Would you like a ranch.
Speaker 3: I could pick?
Speaker 2: I could picture but listen, I could picture myself in Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 8: But wait, Donald, I never asked you this doesn't have to have animals on it. It just needs to know I never, I never asked you this. If you could live anywhere in the country that's not a New York or LA and you could have you know, you could.
Speaker 1: You know, money is no object. I don't mean like some stupid epic mansion. I mean, like, you know, you have all the money that you want to spend What would you choose? Would you choose the Montana Ranch or would you choose I don't know what. I can't picture. I never asked you what your what that would be for you.
Speaker 2: I'm a city boy, so I'd have to live in I'd have to find some I'd have to live in the city. But if I, if I could live any place, there's two places that I would love to live. One Toronto.
Speaker 3: I love. I love the city. It's one of my favorite cities of all time.
Speaker 2: If I could live anywhere and have and if money was no object, which it always is, but if it wasn't an object, dude, I would live somewhere in Toronto that was freaking, you know, wonderful and great either there or I You know, I am a huge fan of London.
Speaker 4: You know this.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite cities. I do like that area.
Speaker 1: And you're very popular there. You're like you're like, you know, Denzel Washington of the United Kingdom.
Speaker 2: No, I disagree. There's people like John Boyega. There are a bunch of people from the United the United Kingdom.
Speaker 1: You they do love you, and the people that are listening in the United Kingdom can attest to loving Donald Faizon.
Speaker 3: All right, how about this.
Speaker 2: If y'all loved me in the United Kingdom like you love Denzel or more than you love Denzel, hit me up on Twitter and Instagram and.
Speaker 3: Say that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna send it.
Speaker 3: To Denzel and be like, in you face, Denzel.
Speaker 1: Let you face, Let this Let this week.
Speaker 3: I got the UK on lock, I got the uk on lock.
Speaker 1: You're gonna make Brendan have to pull out his earphones. Don't yell with our guests.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, Brendan.
Speaker 1: I know you have to go. If we don't want to keep you longer than then we then we promised we would, but we just wanted to really tell you that we love you and that the fans love you and that uh. And then I hope if you're if you if this wasn't too horrible, I hope that you'll come back when we get to season three. Uh, for that very special episode, because whenever fans talk about their favorite episode, it's either that one or or the musical usually, right, Donald.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, uh more more that one, though that's everyone's. It seems like that's the universal number one episode for all of the Scrubs fans.
Speaker 3: It's rare that we get anything else.
Speaker 2: It's always the one where where your character passes away and Cox has no idea where he's at at the end.
Speaker 4: Well, you guys are really kind and you were so kind to me then, and I'm really grateful for that experience, and it means a lot to me that people still are finding it today and that that you included me on the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you included you, dude. We were so happy that you were doing I remember when we think.
Speaker 3: I was like, holy shit, yeah, we got a real star. We got a real star.
Speaker 1: We got it's like you're fishing. We got one on the line. Thank you so much, And everybody check out Doom Patrol. When is it? When is season two premiere June June twenty five on HBO Max Guys, check it out and Brendan, thank you so much. We love you.
Speaker 4: We'll see it now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I what what a what a what a sweet human being?
Speaker 2: Huh that was so awesome, dude. I can't believe we had them on.
Speaker 1: But he's just like his You know, these people they just and you're so happy when they're coming to your life. They just want to glow peace and kindness. You know, even though we're over Zoom, he's just he's just, he's just fire hosting his heart at you.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's got that et heart light.
Speaker 1: He's got the et hard light. He said it better than I do. He's got an et glowing heart light.
Speaker 3: You feel it, you feel it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that. I'm almost glad that he couldn't stay the whole time because I was looking at all my notes about turning talking through the episode, and I'm like, I don't want to bother Brendan by talking about doctor Zeltzer. Right like Brendan, Brendan sitting there being like, I don't I don't know anything about it. I don't want to. I don't want to. I don't care that that that's that. Rob had a big bit of medical jargon. What the fuck do I go? The fuck? I gotta go feed my kids?
Speaker 2: Well, you did the whole we'd skipped over, the whole Tony shaloup situation.
Speaker 1: We're talking about to go back, go back. Now that Brennan's gone, we can relax, I can breathe. I was so nervous. I wanted to do a good job now now it's just me. Now it's just us four. I can I can talk about Zeltzer. I can talk about anything.
Speaker 2: This whole tony salute thing. This was before he started winning all the Emmys.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, before he started beating me every single time.
Speaker 3: Beating you. He beat everyone, dude, he beat everyone.
Speaker 1: I know everyone. Okay, okay, do you.
Speaker 3: Know what that's from? Do you know what that's from? No, you never saw the professional.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course with now.
Speaker 3: That Gary, Yeah, Gary Olman in we've got him upstairs. What do you want? Bring me? Everyone?
Speaker 2: Everyone, every.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. If you're listening to this podcast on earbuds, I apologize. I will try and counterbalance it with this soft podcast voice I have.
Speaker 3: You don't remember that?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that SNL sketch where they were doing like a it was like the Sweaty Balls one.
Speaker 3: Where they were doing like, oh my god, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: But that was when Alec Baulm was the guest star. But the normal show was like, yes, they talked like this, that's fun. That's really fun. Oh, it's great.
Speaker 6: It's been in Jerry's ice cream flavor.
Speaker 1: Now balls mm hmm, and one of the balls of peanut butter twelve man, I was hoping, what's your favorite Ben and Jerry's, that we should try and get them as a sponsor so we can get buckets and free ice cream.
Speaker 2: Dude, Ben and Jerry's rocks, Yo, Ben, listen, I will pay money for Ben and Jerry's from here on out, especially after this whole the whole black Lives Matter situation that's been going on, when they straight up said, yo, black lives matter. Anyone say anything else, pretty much, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 1: Good for them. I love it. By the way, I'm not just saying that. I really I can't have Ben and Jerry's in my house because I'll just snort it like it's fucking cocaine.
Speaker 4: WHOA.
Speaker 3: We need to have a conversation about.
Speaker 1: Your No, I'm just saying, imagine that when people that have a coke problem.
Speaker 3: I have a problem if you're snorting ice cream like.
Speaker 1: You don't like you don't snort your ice cream. Donald, It's only problem when you get a particularly chunky flavor and like a a peanut buttered pretzel get stuck in your nose.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: You I like chubby Hubby a lot.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Daniel is freaking out over there. He likes that too, Like No Play, I can never find it, but it's my favorite flavor. I love Chubby. I like anything basically anything with peanut butter because I like peanut butter and chocolate in my ice cream. I see that the milk is the best flavory. I like them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't eat a lot of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. That is the honest to goodness.
Speaker 1: Is there another brand that you would have the audacity to choose, because we're trying to get them to be our sponsors, so don't fund this up there.
Speaker 2: There isn't another brand that I would have the audacity to choose. I'm just saying it hasn't been something that I have been getting a lot of.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you're trying to stay thin, but then you go home and make this shit yourself.
Speaker 3: I prefer to make my ice cream.
Speaker 2: So if Ben and Jerry's wants to become a sponsor and teach him up bucker how to make somebody's flavors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what Bennger's gonna do. They're gonna come on and teach you how to make their top secret ice cream.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't give it away. I would keep it for myself.
Speaker 2: There are a bunch of There are a bunch of things that I wish the owners of the company would be like, all right, look, we're just gonna give you the recipe. Keep that ship to yourself, but you can make it at home. Krispy Kreme, Hello, teach me how to make a donut.
Speaker 1: What about those salts Cure pancakes.
Speaker 3: The Salt's Cure pancakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my restaurant in Los Angeles, Donald Tru.
Speaker 3: You've never had your oh my bad? Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And then there's the Salt's Cure pancakes are very very tasty. But you know where I really like the pancakes is Dupars.
Speaker 1: Dear DuPonts.
Speaker 3: No, no, you fuck you fu myself, motherfucker. Hold on, goddamn it. Hold on.
Speaker 1: I am now going back to my podcast voice to counterbalance Donald's loud voice.
Speaker 2: And then and then Masstros, if you could teach me how to make that buttercake, Yo, that buttercake, that buttercake. Mastros you remember you remember Mastros where we used to go for steak night. Yeah, yeah, do you remember steak Night? I know you don't eat meat anymore, but do you remember steak night?
Speaker 1: Of course we used to legit, go to steak Night. It is the world's best meat. It is such a treat. Are you going a steak Night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Donald, I made that song up. I want the world to know. That was another in addition to our theme song with the help of Charlie Poof. A Steak Night with no help from Charlie Poof is is an original song by Donald Fazon and I were you going egg night?
Speaker 3: You got it right?
Speaker 1: Steak misteak is such it is best meat.
Speaker 3: Steak Night.
Speaker 1: And then we did the fucking this dance Brady Bunch dance.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when the Brady Bunch did, They like would perform. It's like a band. Like in the later episodes, they became like a band, and that was their move, like when it's time to change, you've got to rearrangeaanaana that when Peter went to puberty, remember and he went he was like and if you remember that episode, if you're old enough to remember, he was going through puberty and and he when he was singing his song. He was like, when it's time to change, you've got to real range. And they were like, oh no, what are we gonna do? Peter's going through puberty?
Speaker 3: What the fuck happened?
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, the Brady Bunch were in a band like out of nowhere. It was like Season one The Brady Bunch, they're having a hard time coming together as a family. Season two, The Brady Bunch, they're going to school now things are great. Season three they're in a band like what.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was season three, I don't know either.
Speaker 3: I'm just guessing, but out of nowhere all but it had to be there.
Speaker 1: Can you find out? When how many seasons in The Pretty Bunch? Pcician, it's the same shit, Donald, it's jumping the shark. It's like red haired Sam coming in a different strokes. You gotta shape shit up.
Speaker 3: They went to fucking Hawaii and jumped the shark.
Speaker 2: Remember the Hawaii but well, of course you remember, we get I mean, we'd use it in scrubs.
Speaker 1: We gotta sell those teaki necklaces on our merch shop one day, one day when iheartshits are our merch shop going Okay, someone said that, wait, can I fucking finish a sentence for.
Speaker 4: The you got it?
Speaker 3: Listen for for listen for the love of yahweh sentence for only for yat.
Speaker 1: Someone told me they had a good merch idea oh that they thought when I mistakenly said sports players instead of athletes. Someone said, please make a T shirt that says sports players on it.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'd rather the fuck out of.
Speaker 3: That sports players.
Speaker 1: What's your last thing? Let's talk about Let's talk about Ted's band.
Speaker 2: Thank you, say, man, this is why I should I should just say what I want to say, because now it looks like I'm jumping on your coat tails.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted to talk about. Let's talk about Ted's band.
Speaker 1: Okay. Ted's band is first is introduced. In this episode. You get to see for the second time what a ridiculously beautiful voice our Sammy Lloyd had. And it's so tragic to use the word had, but uh, it is accurate to say had he This was real. This was his friends, all his all those men, those three men are his buddy, and they all sang a cappella with him, and so we gave them, Bill gave them jobs in the hospital and and formed an appella group. And as I read on scrubs Wiki, it was originally supposed to be the Superman theme, but they couldn't get the rights. Yes, so that's how Underdog came about. I remember that would have made more sense because there's a whole Superman motif. But they can.
Speaker 2: Remember Sam and we can sing it on here because we're not gonna I don't think we'll get in trouble for it, and we will cut it out.
Speaker 10: But it was like three bullets of speed left behind, two powerful trains turned around, one able to leap buildings, tall, inner run, all in one single.
Speaker 3: Bound Superman Superman. Where is Superman? Superman? Superman calling Superman that human? Steve Wait these lyrics on the bye Sam and his band the band.
Speaker 1: Oh so the song, I mean he made me think that this was the theme song had lyrics.
Speaker 2: John Williams wrote this, John right, right right, so it was just done right, And so they sang the whole song with words I have it on my iPhone like it's something that's stuck.
Speaker 1: Those guys wrote those Those guys wrote it and the lyrics. As I recall on Paul, one of the members of the band wrote all a bunch of the the songs from the musical? Did he not write the guy Love?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't that. I don't know. This is a great Bill Lawrence question.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, Bill, talk to us about Ted's band. Ted's band and Paul from the band whose name I can't quite remember right now, but we will say it in this episode. Didn't he write some of the musical, including the song guy Love? Because I feel like that's a bit of trivia. That's that's true.
Speaker 2: Also, where did you come up with the idea? I mean, it's obvious, but oh.
Speaker 1: I got it. Paul Perry. Sorry, sorry, guys, it's in. It's Philip mcnivin or George George forgive me if I don't say your name right, miserless and Paul Perry. I believe it was Paul Perry. And and Bill will tell us who wrote a bunch of the musical songs? Bill tell us, Now.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, it's cool talking to you.
Speaker 11: Look Paul Perry, who was part of Ted's band, who are known as the Blanks in real life. This is how Sam Woyd came into my life. He was on Spin City back in the day. Is Chris Woyd's nephew. He played basketball with us, Donald You played ball with him, And he had this super talented a cappella band that like wrote the lyrics to Superman made him up and used to do it at parties and stuff, and they were just so darn talented, and Paul used to do all the arrangements for them, so we just started using them on the show as kind of a Greek chorus with commercials theme songs and TV theme songs. So fun and you Paul ended up writing a bunch of the songs for Guy Love and a musical on his own as well, and more importantly too, the Blanks ended up touring as you know, the Worthless Peons. Ted's band after the show rapped doing songs from the show and the theme song and their version of the theme song in the finale is one of my favorites. Super talented group top to bottom and man, just even talking about him makes me miss Sam.
Speaker 3: Thank you Bill.
Speaker 2: Finally, where we're in the hospital where the three of us get the hospital overnight and Ted's band's performing and they do Charles in Charge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a great moment to a.
Speaker 12: New boy in the neighborhood lives downstairs, and it's understood he's there just to take good care of me, like one of the family.
Speaker 1: Charles was in charge. And I love that show. Didn't you love that show?
Speaker 3: I did? I did love that show.
Speaker 1: Nicole Eggert, Nicole Eggert, Nicole Eggert A moment of silence for puberty. All right, let's talk about Zeltzer. Bob Clendennon. This is his first appearance. He's pretty normal in this episode. Zeltzer doesn't really get that wacky yet. He doesn't really fly his his his flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know, I noticed that. How about Rob Mascio with the medical I know, man, most impressive.
Speaker 1: He really killed that. And and then, by the way, another thing that came up, there's a lot of in addition to Eagle and Ted's band of premiering in this episode. This was a thing that we always choked about, was uh that that Rob is the best surgeon that according to doctor went right that he Yeah, because he does he's what does he say? He goes?
Speaker 2: Well, everybody else's everybody else is thinking about uh what they this dude's just thinking has nothing in his brain or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't forget it. Yeah, he's like, he's like done. Oh, I know it is, It's done. The tiny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rob, I say this every every episode that he's in. Man, he really does not get to knock it out the park man.
Speaker 1: I'm it was funny. By the way, this is a we go into your head at fourteen twenty one. That was like out of character for the show. We go into your head and uh, we hear what your thoughts are, and that's how we camera spins around to see. Uh. By the way, and you had jargon, but I imagine you just read that ship.
Speaker 3: I read that ship off the piece of paper. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: But I heard you say that medical Giant. Does a Donald read that ship?
Speaker 3: He didn't remember he read that shit, right? And if you know, I read that shit.
Speaker 1: Tinyind So, when he's.
Speaker 2: Smacking the ass of the nurse, did you notice that the nurse got her ass a little perched up high enough so that the gag works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, that's that's how you make the joke fun. I don't know what she's doing. She doesn't appear to be doing anything.
Speaker 3: No, she's just sitting there doing nothing. That's lynn though, by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's our friend. That's our friend Lynn Is she? But she she she doesn't. I'm just gonna scroll because I have the episode open. I'm just wondering if she at least is pretending to do something, because, as I recall, she just looked like she was bent over. Season three, episode sixteen of The Brady Bunch The Kids, The Kids, they covered Casey and the Sunshine Ban.
Speaker 6: It looks like it was employed for Paramount Records. They were like, did it for three or four seasons?
Speaker 3: I told you it was season three? See, I have my shit right and everything?
Speaker 1: Man, did you guess season three? Hold? You know your Brady Bunch lore?
Speaker 3: Though, of course I guess that ship.
Speaker 1: Do you do the Brady Bunch Wiki?
Speaker 3: I should do the Brady Bunch Wiki?
Speaker 1: I should. You're so funny, You're like, you're you don't remember the fucking most obvious shit in our relationship, and then you'll be like the Brady Bunch Kids started singing in nineteen seventy two. It was episode sixteen of season three. All right, I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: The choreographed move. Should we talk about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was cool? Do you remember doing that?
Speaker 4: Whenever' all?
Speaker 1: No, I don't all of us are doing the exact same movements and it's a split screen and we're all thinking, and it's all the exact same choreography. And then I read on scrubs Wiki that for some reasons, Judy's was backwards in terms of right left, and so they flipped her. And that's why if you look Judy's name tag is on the wrong side because in post her choreography wasn't right, so they flipped her.
Speaker 2: I I did not know that, I'm gonna be honest with you. I thought this episode was gonna have way more Brendan Fraser in it. To be honest with you, I thought it was like a whole episode about, you know, what happened to the character. I didn't know that other shit went on in the hospital, so when watching it, I was like, I don't remember any of this, Like I know.
Speaker 1: That's why I felt weird, Like I wanted to talk to Brenian, but I was like, I feel bad, Like I want to talk about the episode, but I don't want to put a fancy Brendan through, like talking about the fact that Johnny Cees wearing his actual Oakley's when we do the real world.
Speaker 2: Spoof, right, that's such a hilarious, so funny.
Speaker 1: Right, did you see your hair?
Speaker 11: Dude?
Speaker 1: Your hair is amazing. I took a picture of it to show my girlfriend. It's so funny. And and Johnny's wearing those comedic Oakley's, but those are really his Oakley's. Johnny sees the kind of guy that really would rock those oak He probably still wears them. Those like wrap around like wrap around Oakley's.
Speaker 2: They're perfect for athletes who have to who are on the go, Like if you're jogging and you have the wrap around Oakley's, no sunlight gets in and they don't fall off your face.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I love Johnny, but I'm not wearing those Oakleys. DOINALD And neither are you no matter what sport you're playing.
Speaker 3: Dude, you are you you let's be let's tell everybody what you are.
Speaker 1: You're more amazing amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, you know I love you, and you know I think you're amazing, But you're also U. When it comes to sunglasses, you're very much Uh. The was the one that the aviator?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or ray bands or yeah that sort of vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ray aviators.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't rock a colored glass wrap around Oakley. That's not my vibe.
Speaker 3: If you if you're playing tennis, why not.
Speaker 1: I just think they look I don't.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 1: Johnny listens, Johnny, I love you, It's just not my style.
Speaker 3: Let me just start off by saying, Johnny listens.
Speaker 1: Johnny listens. Johnny listens while he's weightlifting, and I know he's like, oh, like pump and iron right now. I don't want to be.
Speaker 3: Like, fuck your brath.
Speaker 1: I love my old glass probably got him on right now in the gym. No, I want to talk about how not only does the janitor pick a lock would that isn't locked?
Speaker 3: Did you notice that No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Like, no one took the time to find lockers that would have even like a fake lock. It's like so clearly not locked. And he takes a screwdriver and like pretends to to pick a non locked locker.
Speaker 2: And did you think that it was weird that you're writing all of this stuff in a diary like out of nowhere, like just out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: I forgot all of a sudden the show's doogie howser. And does that imply that all of JD's voiceovers are going into a journal I never even I mean, I certainly didn't play it that way for eight and a half years.
Speaker 2: Right, So when I saw that, I was like, wait a second. So there's there's data. There's information of everyone who, like somebody could go back and in a time capsule or wherever you know, you pass up, passed away. There's freaking stacks and stacks of diaries of everything that's ever happened to JD.
Speaker 1: I never really understood. And it seems that this is the implication because it's a voiceover that goes right in the diary that all the voiceover you're hearing is JD's journal. Now, I do remember that I had a journal. I had a unicorn with a sword on its head, and he's there to protect my hopes and dreams. And I want to show that this. I want to the record to reflect this journal did not have a unicorn with a sword on its head. So no one is actually my hopes and dreams right now on this journal. That's why the janitor is able to get in there. But I thought it was funny when he said theater camp, because you know that was me he really yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's a that's a that I mean, I know we went to Bill already, But that's another great question for Bill. Are these JD's memoirs? Are we living in present time when we watch the show?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Is this something that took place in the past.
Speaker 1: We'll ask him, go ahead and ask him Beforeally Donald. We can do a two biller.
Speaker 2: Bill is scrubs JD's memoirs? Is Is it like a bunch of stories that JD has compiled in a bunch of books, or is this are we living in the moment from moment to moment?
Speaker 1: When? Yeah, because we're seeing in this episode Bill that JD's writing a journal and voiceover goes right in the journal? Was this a doogie howser moment?
Speaker 4: Bill?
Speaker 1: When do do do?
Speaker 4: Do? Do?
Speaker 1: Do? Do? Ahead?
Speaker 11: The voiceover originally was conceived as you know, JD keeping stuff in his journals, but we ditched that and just kind of made it.
Speaker 3: People just go with it.
Speaker 11: We made it an omniscient voiceover, you know, because we were always caught in his head and his thoughts, and people just go with it. The same way on Modern Family, and no one ever seemed to ask who was interviewing that family and who was doing that documentary?
Speaker 4: You know that's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna go to commercial. Everybody, and thank you so much for listening. Thank you for being our listeners. Our friends are our compatriots. And we're gonna be right back with a question from.
Speaker 3: And we are bad, and We're bad.
Speaker 2: We had Brendan Fraser on the episode.
Speaker 1: Pronunciation of Fraser. You didn't mess it up for the first time.
Speaker 3: We have Alex and what's your dad's name?
Speaker 1: Corey?
Speaker 2: Alex and Corey. You are now on the show from two different locations.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome to fake doctors, real friends. We're so happy that you're here. Thank you.
Speaker 4: We're thrilled to be on with you. Guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. We tell us about yourselves. We just heard a little bit our producer Joelle said that you're you've been watching the show in Quarantine and you're not in You're in different locations, So tell us what's going on.
Speaker 3: And I see Corey has a piano right next to him.
Speaker 1: Corey, Corey, are you a piano player? Are you a piano?
Speaker 3: Are you going to play us a little something?
Speaker 5: I don't think so, but I'm a piano teacher mostly okay, but I've been I'm a composer and a piano teacher. So that's since I can't give lessons in my living room on my grand piano, I have to give him in my office on.
Speaker 4: My piano over zoom it.
Speaker 2: I truly wish you knew the theme song to our rewatch show.
Speaker 1: I love the.
Speaker 5: Themes on to your Rewatch show. I think you guys did a fantastic job singing it. Thank you, thank you, really fantastic. I'm not so crazy about the count in, but you.
Speaker 1: Know you don't like we're off tempo, Corey.
Speaker 5: No, I'm saying that you're covering up the first couple of words because there's a there's a there's a pickup. You know, there's a story. So you say five six seven, seven eight, there's a story. It's kind of covering, but you know it's a it's a stick now, and so there's there's no way you can.
Speaker 4: Change it from here.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm gonna change it when we finished this, when we finished this, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Change it just for you, just for this, just for this podcast.
Speaker 8: I never imagine I'm gonna go one two one, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 5: Want to go five six seven. There's a story.
Speaker 3: Right, I can go A five, A six, A five six.
Speaker 1: You can do that, I said, I no offense, Corey, but I think the fans will revolt because they really loved five six, seven eight.
Speaker 5: They do. They love everybody's Yeah. So, like I said, it's it's probably ingrained and there's not someing do about it. But it's it's just every time that habits, it just kind of bothers.
Speaker 1: It irks you. All right, Well, I'm sorry, Donald, I'm doing it for you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it for.
Speaker 1: You, Jory, Corey, tell us how you and Alex started watching the show and was this your first time through? Alex, why don't you tell us since Corey's getting all the screen time?
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh no, it's it's okay. I I mean the reason why I wanted us to come on is because Father's Day come is coming up, and I said, for dad for a gift, come on the show.
Speaker 3: But so you don't have to pay for anything. I see how you do it. I see how she's a.
Speaker 9: Car I'm the favorite daughter.
Speaker 1: Now here we go.
Speaker 9: No, So I think I can't remember who started watching the show first, if it was my dad or myself. This is not our first time in Quarantine. I would say I've seen every episode of the show multiple multiple times, and I think the same as for my dad. But we really bonded over our love of the show. I think we watched it separately and then came together and realized we were both watching it. And we like quiz each other on Little Scrubs, Gervia Facts a lot, and it's just something that we've really bonded over. Is our love for the show.
Speaker 7: It for you guys.
Speaker 1: We love that, we love families that watch together, and you know, also people finding it. What's been crazy about this new era of streaming. You know, the show used to be on Netflix, now it's on Hulu. Is that more generations keep finding it? And I think that's really that's really cool. It kind of keeps on going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if I watched it when it first came on. What year was the first season? Do you know what?
Speaker 1: E thousand and one, one, two and one?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, but but I do own the complete collection of DVDs, So I'm hoping that you guys got a little bit of money for me purchasing that way it's.
Speaker 3: A sore subject. It's a sore subject.
Speaker 4: We don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: Well, well, we don't talk about that, but I can tell you that you're if you listen to DVDs, you'll have all the exact real music. You won't have any weird You're the only people with DVDs are the ones with no musical replace.
Speaker 5: It was a it was a real good purchase for me.
Speaker 1: Great, Thank you so much. All Right, do you guys have a question for for Donald or for I or for.
Speaker 5: Going to go first?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go first. Well, let me just start by saying, I'm I'm so thrilled to be here you guys, I am, I am shaking, I'm like very excited. I know huge fans of you, guys.
Speaker 3: Donald.
Speaker 9: I just have to mention that last night, my fiance and I rewatched my favorite of your movies, I think, which is Remember the Titans.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, yes, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know what you know who has never seen Remember the Titans.
Speaker 3: It's Zach Brath.
Speaker 1: Well I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 3: We had a conversation at them. Thank you for bringing this up out a conversation.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We had a conversation at the beginning of this episode, and Zach's like, it's on my to do list.
Speaker 3: It's on my to do list.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, I've seen every one of his projects, even the ones that didn't come out in theaters, even the ones that and straight to video.
Speaker 3: I've seen everything that Zach Braff has been in. I can count them all on this hand, right here.
Speaker 1: All of them. I thought it was about sports players, and I didn't think that I would like it. But I love Donald, I love Denzel, and I love Rudy. So if it's anything like Rudy.
Speaker 3: Do you like Ryan Gosling?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think he's wonderful.
Speaker 3: He's in it. Yeah, do you like what Harris.
Speaker 1: I think of it. I think of it as Rudy's in it. I feel like it's Rudy with Donald Fazon.
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is it like that?
Speaker 2: No, it's not the Are you the Rudy?
Speaker 3: Freaking are you the Rudy?
Speaker 1: Because if so, I'm fucking watching that ship tonight.
Speaker 3: I have a Rudy moment. I have a Rudy moment. Watch the damn movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't run for it, all right, let's just put it up.
Speaker 3: Let's just put it like this, let's put it like this.
Speaker 2: Let's put it like this, Ryan Gosling is fing up the whole time.
Speaker 3: And I save his ass. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna think about it, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: All right, right, So my question is thank you for watching Alex of course.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 9: So one of the things that's just so incredible about the show in general is the way that you can mix the comedy and the silliness of the show with some of these like more dramatic or serious moments that sort of center around the theme of loss. Right, And I know you just had Brendan Fraser on and that's a really big sort of plot point in the show for Doctor Cox, but of course with the loss of John Ritter too. So I'm wondering if you guys could talk a little bit about what it was like to go through the experience of acting on a really highly comedic show and then have to sort of transition to these pretty serious storylines where the characters are experiencing death and loss of some pretty important people in their lives, including patients as well.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you there were times where I didn't think it was going to work.
Speaker 4: There were.
Speaker 1: There were plenty of times where I thought, this is like a hairpin turn in a car. How are you going to go from me doing something so silly? And then I walk into this patient's room and I'm just dropping in for this dramatic moment, and I really have to say, it's a testament to the writing and to build He found a way to make it work. I mean, there were only twenty two minutes without commercials, so sometimes you'd read them and go, how can you be in this weird fantasy and then drop in for this moment where we have tears in our eyes. And I think we just always tried to play it real. Obviously, this fantasies were heightened and some of the physical comedy was heightened, but we always tried to deal with the patient moments like they were completely played straight. And I think of the show Mash a lot, because when I grew up, we were watching Mash and it had a laugh track on it. But when they went into the surgical when they were operating on the soldiers, there was no laugh track, even though there'd still be some humor. It was just sort of a choice they made, And I often think of that in scrubs. It was almost like there were moments when the silliness stopped and we just dropped in to play totally straight how a doctor would be with it with a sick patient. So I don't know, I think, what do you think, Donald? I think it was just a matter of really good writing, to be frank.
Speaker 2: Absolutely that, And thank goodness that there were you know, that we were able to cut in between scenes and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't you know, if this.
Speaker 2: Were a play or something where there aren't any cuts in it, it would be very You're absolutely right, it'd be very hard to be funny, funny, funny, funny funny and then switch on a you know, turn on a dime and now we're gonna be serious. Thank goodness that we had cuts, you know, and different scenes edited together for that. Uh, this would have been a way more challenging show this if everything was done on one in one take and you having to ride that emotional rollercoaster. I think, you know, as any actor will tell you, those are the most difficult scenes where you're starting off like cause usually you work yourself up on days when I have like a dramatic scene, I'll work myself up and I'll get to the point where you know, I'm on the verge of crying. And so now I don't have to act that much to get to the tears. If I had to be funny and laugh and joke around and everything like that and then move into the dramatic and uh, the sadder side of the scene without a cut, I don't know how I would be able to do it. It would be such a challenge for me. So thank goodness for uh the takes and editing.
Speaker 1: Also, it all comes down to good writing. I mean you can make you can.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: There's a movie Once I really love. I don't know if you have ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great movie.
Speaker 1: But one of the thing about Once is like Once is the ultimate example of like, if you have a great script, you don't need that movie. That movie looks like it's shot on an iPhone. No disrespect to the cinematographer. I mean it's brilliant. But I mean if if you have a great script and great actors, you can you can make anything, anything work, and uh, and uh, you know, it's all, it's all. It all comes down to great writing.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Falling slowly.
Speaker 1: Love that movie?
Speaker 3: Check out once I suffered.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of a lot of movie recommendations, Quiet American once and remember the Titans. All right, Corey, do you have a question for the legendary Donald Faison?
Speaker 3: Where's Zach Braf?
Speaker 5: I do so for me. I love the fantasy sequences in the show. I mean, right from the beginning there were such funny you know, and I think my two favorite ones are when the character Alex you know, says, how would you feel if you know I told you I was ready now to have sex? And the marching band comes from crashing in your other monkey and the monkey with the cymbols, Oh my god. And I also love memorable gets in later seasons when somebody is trying to teach Elliott and tasty Como wife a dance. I get Alex told me it was the rewind dance. Then, oh man, and Elliott is so badad dead dance. She does such a fantastic job of being horrible at that, flapping her hands and kicking her leg at the wrong time. Oh, very funny. Anyway, So I was just thinking about I wonder if there were any fantasy scenes that were like pitched or written or even filmed that just didn't make it into the show that you remember. It's probably pretty tough. It's been a long time.
Speaker 1: That's a very good question. I don't know, Donald, you know, that might have to be our third ask Bill.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna have to ask Bill a third time on this.
Speaker 1: This is like you know that show Millionaire when you get we should you should only be allowed a certain amount of like ask a friend, call a friend at all the audience like, oh, I.
Speaker 5: Think you're okay, I would give you a password calling Bill?
Speaker 1: All right, So we're gonna ask Bill a third time. I hope you can squeeze in a third one. Were there any fantasy's Bill that that that didn't make the cut? Do you have any memory of of anything we shot in a wacky fantasy that was never in the show?
Speaker 11: You guys are watching these shows again. I can't remember any I'm so old. I can't remember any fantasy scenes that were cut, except one that Gaby Allen always wanted to do. If fantasy about newsies. You know, extra Exter read all about it, and I think we shot that and cut it because no one understood it. It wasn't a huge fan of musical theater.
Speaker 3: Miss you guys, love you both.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bill, I don't one thing you often the fantasies took a lot of time and money. Yeah, so I feel like they were rarely cut because it was kind of where budget was getting thrown. You know. Sometimes they would be really elaborate and take a lot of time and money. So usually they probably wouldn't be unless something went wrong with them and they weren't funny.
Speaker 5: And I can see that some of them took a long time to make and it was like eight seconds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's all.
Speaker 5: It was just eight seconds, but you had to spend all day at bakeup.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah. Some of them were so elaborate and they would take forever to do and then it'll be fully quick.
Speaker 5: But they're just the laugh out loud parts of the show. And I love a TV show that just makes me laugh out loud but also has that serious All my favorite shows have that the laugh out loud.
Speaker 1: What are some of your other shows that you love?
Speaker 5: Well, Freaks and Geeks is probably one of my favorite shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also Gilmore Girls is that way too. They don't very serious subjects, but there's some really good laugh out loud stuff on that for that show.
Speaker 3: They talk really fast on Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 4: They love.
Speaker 1: They're both they're incredibly witty. All right, well, thank you guys. You're our very first father daughter Colin and and and we're very we're very happy that you guys are bonding through our show.
Speaker 2: Because ladies and gentlemen give a big round up applause for Alex and Carl.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oprah does not sound like that. You sound like Oprah on fucking crack right now.
Speaker 3: No, I don't sound like Oprah on crack.
Speaker 1: I sound like if Oprah took a fucking hit, a crack rock. All right, you guys, thank you, thank you, thank you God making us argue in front of all the guests. We argued in front of Corey and Alex, we argued in front of Brandon. The hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see what it sounds like. I'm trying to in my head if Oprah did crack?
Speaker 3: How like.
Speaker 1: Sounds like that?
Speaker 2: Although, listen, there's one commercial and Oprah got it right. Well, she gets a lot of things right, but it's one of them Weight Watchers commercial.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite commercial ever.
Speaker 1: It's your favorite commercial. Ever it's an Oprah week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she starts off like this, This is the joy for me.
Speaker 2: I love bread, my favorite commercial.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who doesn't listen. I spent a lot of time in quarantine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you love bread.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I love more than anything? Right now, I'm noticing bread. I love bread.
Speaker 1: I love bread.
Speaker 2: She doesn't do it like that. She goes down with it. It's not bread, it's bread.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you everybody for tuning in. We've done it. We went through the show. We had wonderful guests.
Speaker 2: What I have one thing Underdog, great song at the end of the show. One Ted's band that's on their record, also Underdog. And then I feel like we tied the story up really quick in this episode, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think we ran out of time.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, it feels like we ran out of time on this episode. At the end of the episode, things tie up really quick. We don't even go through the whole chemo process with Brenda's character. We go right into oh, you know what, chemo worked and it went right and the cancer went into remission. Yeah, it feels like we had to tidy up a little bit so we could move on with the story.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, It's a lot. It's a lot too. First of all, he was only signed on for two episodes in and you know it's twenty two minutes with credits. You gotta, you gotta, you gotta hurry. Thank you guys for being our listeners. Please tell your friends about the show. Please subscribe on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. Please, what else? Donald? Please? You know, read the word follow us on Instagram? Tell Donald that you love him.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't have to just tell me you love me. You can also follow me on Instagram.
Speaker 1: They can do both. They could, they can do follow.
Speaker 2: Us one point four million followers Donald Faizon myself, who I am?
Speaker 3: I do not have one million.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to bring this up every episode. People are gonna think you have a hang up about it. They're gonna be like, I don't want to follow that dude. He's got a hangou about this ship. You know what. To spite him, I'm gonna unfollow him.
Speaker 2: Well, would you know if those are people out there that are like that, then you know that's understandable and I'm not gonna you know, hold you at fault for that, but you know my goal is to one day reach the legendary status of Zach Braff on Instagram and have one point four million followers.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you to all my followers, and thank you to everyone listening to this podcast. We we we said it before, but we'll say it again. We never imagine this would be be listened to all over the world. And Joelle gets lots of emails from you guys, so thank you. Feel free to continue to to email Joel and us to be on the show like that lovely father and daughter at scrubs, iHeart at gmail dot com and.
Speaker 3: Bike shout out to Daniel big shout out to Joel.
Speaker 1: Bib follow follow Joel and Daniel. Joel tell them you're your Twitter handle. She's very popular on the Twitter.
Speaker 3: Can bet me on Twitter at Joel Monique. It's j O E ella E M O n i Q.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And Daniel, do you want to tell us your Twitter handle? Sure? You can find me on Twitter at dj Underscore d A n L DJ dandel that's me. There you go, guys. And uh and actually I had a lot of people asking for the video of your dad talking to Fox News, so you can find that on Danie's Twitter handle. Thank you guys, be safe. We love you. Wear a mask. Uh count, I said, Donald, here we go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Five six seven.
Speaker 4: Here's some story.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't have the same magic to it. It feels, it feels, it feels wrong.
Speaker 3: I know you're right, Corey. I'm sorry. Bob said, have nice stories about show.
Speaker 1: We made about a bunch of talks and nurses men janoo leave.
Speaker 3: I said, here's the story.
Speaker 2: Next motion, No, so gadder round you here, ur gather round you here, ur stuffy wat Show Wizard nom