Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our.
Speaker 2: One on this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan. It's Dan Patrick Show once again. Seaton is on the road. We'll talk to him in an hour. Dylan, our graphics guy and full time gambler, is sitting in seat and seat and.
Speaker 3: Has done a.
Speaker 2: You know what. I don't want to make my opinion known yet. Todd, how do you think Dylan Stone?
Speaker 4: I think has done a very nice job. I would say above average for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, Marvin, how do you think Dylan's done?
Speaker 5: I think he's done well.
Speaker 6: Okay, Paul, very well. He gets in, makes a good line, he gets out.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So Dylan, you get to stay today and tomorrow and Friday. So you have to come up with a pole question today and we'll get to you coming up in a moment.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio. We will come up with that pole question. Operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls. Eight seven to seven three DP show. The New Orleans Saints are the last team looking for a head coach, and maybe their coach is coaching in the Super Bowl, Kellen Moore. Usually when you have candidates who take their name out of the running, that usually means they're taking their name out because their name is already out. Mike McCarthy says he will focus on twenty twenty six, maybe getting a job. But Cliff Kingsbury, the offensive coordinator for the Commanders, said that he's going to stay with the Commanders. It feels like it's Kellen Moore's job. I don't know if there's any other candidates. Kellen Moore can go to New Orleans and stay in New Orleans after the Super Bowl day after the Super Bowl win or lose, hold a press conference and you got all the members of the media there, get a lot of publicity for the Saints there. But Kellen Moore, the offensive coordinator formerly with the Cowboys, spend some time with the Chargers.
Speaker 3: And now maybe he headed to the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 2: And we focused a lot yesterday on press conferences and that initial reaction when you see your team just hired somebody and you go, I love seeing Pete Carroll up there. From a Raiders fan, Liam Cohen, I don't know anything about him. Seems a little quirky, but maybe he's a mad scientist. Maybe he can help our quarterback Trevor Lawrence the way he did Baker Mayfield. And then you had the Cowboys situation. Aaron Glenn was fiery with the Jets and you're like, yeah, he's one of us, he understands us. This is great. And then the Cowboys situation. So out of all of those, I don't look at this as an indictment on Liam Cohen because he was a little goofy. Aaron Glenn fiery. We've seen Dan Campbell when he was fiery. Remember Nick Siriani, he stumbled all through his press conference. We've had these moments like you want to win the press conference, and Pete Carroll's gonna win a press conference. He's gonna have energy in there, chomping on the gum there, and I think there's a sense of stability there that he provides the Cowboys. That to me is more troubling because that's really a snapshot of what I think is going to happen as long as Brian Schottenheimer is going to be the head coach of the Cowboys. Jerry Jones, he dominated the press conference, and I said this yesterday. I mean, I've been around this forty years. I've been to press conferences with some of the biggest names in all the sports, and that one was one where I was troubled by it because I don't Jerry obviously doesn't read the room, and he probably feels like he doesn't have to. Here's Brian Schottenheimer. It's his moment. He got to be a head coach in the NFL. You're coaching the Cowboys. Your dad would have been so proud. He gets emotional, and then Jerry comes in and has to talk about his dad, and then he gets emotional.
Speaker 3: And I just felt bad.
Speaker 2: For Brian's Rottenheimer because I think we're gonna look at him through that lens. That is, yeah, Bud. Jerry's still the GM and the head coach there. He just is, And that to me felt like, get used to this. Aaron Glenn I liked it. I mean, come on in, let's go. I mean, you're gonna be aggressive, You're gonna be taking names, holding, you know, getting receipts.
Speaker 3: Great. I love it.
Speaker 2: Liam Cohne. Still, it was awkward, but it was it was entertaining. I don't know if he's likable, because there's still the wait a minute, were you supposed to be going back to Tampa and then you got on a plane and you know, hopefully your son's healthy Like that to me was just a little bit of a mess there. But you know, you move past if you win, you move past all these things. And certainly that opening press conference where we tend to put a little too much credibility on that or oh my god, did you see our coach? I just want to know, can you coach? Maybe you can't deal with the media. Can you coach? That's really the most important. You can be charismatic as hell going to those press conferences. If your team's not any good, you won't be charismatic too long in front of the media.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul I went.
Speaker 6: Back and looked, and you're right. The Sirianni reviews after his press conferences were not good, and a lot of it they said, we don't know a lot about these assistant coaches. They don't do interviews, so sometimes at least America, it's the first time you see in them, and Sirianni got roughed up. Dan Campbell was mixed reviews. Some people liked his shirt, and some people said, well, is this guy a coach or just a motivator.
Speaker 2: I think we were laughing at and with maybe it was oh gosh, did you see that? And we're thinking away on the Lions. It's the Lions, you know, biting knee camps. But hey, they made him Super Bowl contenders, so nobody's laughing at him now. And Aaron Glenn came in there. He was on the staff with Dan Campbell and probably thought, Hey, that's how he coaches, and I can coach the same way and I can have success with the Jets. Woody Johnson is the owner of the Jets, and he spoke to the media and he talked about what he needs to do next season.
Speaker 7: And I have to look in the mirror and write and I have to be a better honor and I'm trying to be better. And I do self scout and a lot of people scout for me. You know, I've got to have patience or whatever. I've got to let them, let them evolve as in these positions, which I think they will. I think will be quick, but I think they'll evolve.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Whatoody Johnson needs to be a better owner. Five weeks ago today, there was an article that came out on The Athletic from Diana Roussini. This is a deep dive on the Jets and just how messed up they are. And I don't know if Woody Johnson, owner billionaire, don't tell me what to do, looked at that and actually looked in the mirror, because I would have said to him if he said, hey, I got to look in the mirror and be a better owner. What is it that you did before that you need to improve upon?
Speaker 5: Would he?
Speaker 2: Because he really needs to let people do their jobs. I find that the that the more an owner is involved, the less successful you are, because it's hard to work that way if somebody's always there over your shoulder. I mean, even with the dan Ets, the guys that I have in the back room, you got to let him do their job and if they make a mistake, then you know, you correct them and then you hope that it doesn't happen again. But if you're always there, if you're omnipresent, you just can't let somebody be themselves. And I think that is the problem sometimes, certainly with the Cowboys, with the Jets, I mean, Woody Johnson, his sons are involved in decisions. You know, did they go into the locker room and they're talking contrash to the players. But five weeks ago today that article came out and maybe Woody Johnson says, let me take a step back, I think that would be beneficial for the Jets. Mark Davis is the owner of the Raiders, and he talked about the impact of Tom Brady bringing.
Speaker 8: In Tom Brady was bringing in somebody that was on the football side that I had been lacking having here at the organization back in I guess it was eighteen with John Bruden. He was somebody that I brought in and really expected to be that person on the football side that would break the ability of the organization.
Speaker 4: He had a ten year contract and all that, and his head was chopped off.
Speaker 8: And we were put in a really bad position as an organization.
Speaker 3: Head was chopped off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was told a while ago, in fact said it here, that Brady was running the team. This is his and that's not a question. Now everybody knows that that's the case, that Tom was going to be involved in who the coach was going to be, and certainly, what are they going to do at the quarterbacking position. But Mark Davis is smart to let Tom Brady do this. These guys are smart to get where they are, to have that money to buy a team. I don't know why they just get dumb, and I think it's because it's sports, and they're like, why do sport? Like Jerry Jones played at Arkansas back in the sixties, he was a ligneman. That doesn't mean that he knows what he's doing with football just because he played. I played basketball. That doesn't mean I could be a GM or a coach. But I understand the game. But Jerry, hey, I played you didn't, Okay, But that doesn't mean he should be involved in the day to day And that's part of the problem here. Hey I'm smart. I got a billion dollars or two or three or four. Therefore, I guess I can be smart in football as well. It's different. It's so different than I'm running a business. This is a different monster that you're trying to run.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've always had a theory I mentioned to you before. There's a lot of billionaires in our country, but I think a lot of billionaires still would love to be famous and known for what they do, and I think a lot of them that's why they buy teams. Of course, it's a great investment, it's the best investment. But there's some I don't know if Mark Cuban that was part of his plan but it worked or just by default. But guys like Jerry Jones and Arthur Blank and someone, they want to be seen. They want to do press conferences, they want to talk, they want to be heard and known because you can't necessarily buy fame in our country.
Speaker 2: Well, just as Dan Snyder, he got six billion for his team, and he's probably miserable because he's not Dan Snyder, and nobody cares. Donald Sterling, no one cares. But they did care because you were the owner of my team. But being a billionaire great. Being a billionaire who owns a team, now all of a sudden, people people look at you differently that way. Seating back on the road with Maco. Go to Danpatrick dot com. You can follow the road trip to New Orleans. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Maco. We bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today, Oh better get Maco all right, Dylan, you're up. What's our poll question today?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 11: Our one pole question? Which coaching hire will we look at the most favorably in three years time? Pete Carroll the Raiders, Aaron Glenn with the Jets, Shoddy with the Cowboys, or Liam Cohen with the Jags.
Speaker 2: Now you're not putting in Mike Brabel in this, No, these are just the latest batch.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, all right? What other pole question do you have?
Speaker 2: Didn't we answer best hire worst hire yesterday? I think we did that in the final h Dylan, Well.
Speaker 11: I thought we were gonna continue the conversation. Not best hire right now, but three years time.
Speaker 9: Which will we look at the best? Is this working?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Are you doubling down?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna double down?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't hedge my bet.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about yeah, you should have seen your bets. Okay, give me another possibility here.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 11: If I was offered the Saints head coaching job, I would take it, stay a coordinator or assistant, or sit out and wait a year for better opportunity.
Speaker 6: I thought you're asking us like us in this room.
Speaker 3: That's Fritzy's poll question, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we all share, Okay, I thought it was a good one.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you didn't give him credit.
Speaker 9: Todd, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I think you were waiting for our reaction before. It's a veteran mc levin used to do that all the time.
Speaker 9: Oh you guys didn't like that one? That was Todd?
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: I would take the job. I would take the same chow want to be a head coach?
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'll start with the best hire three years from now. Yeah, okay, well, okay, what is a good job?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: If Aaron Glenn gets the Jets into the playoffs, did he do a great job? If Brian Schottenheimer just gets into the playoffs with the Cowboys over the next three years, did he do a good good job? I mean Mike McCarthy got him to the playoffs three times, Liam Cohen Jags get to the playoffs, Like I think we have to understand how we're grading them. If you make the playoffs, you make a title game, you make the super Bowl. Out of all of those hires, who's got the best chance to make it to the super Bowl? That might that might be what is the telltale sign of who did a really incredible job. Aaron Glenn the Jets. He still can't decide if they're bringing Aaron Rodgers back or Rodgers wants to come back.
Speaker 3: God, that's going to hang over them. I hope that they wrap that up.
Speaker 2: I hope by the draft they know that Aaron is either backed for another year or he's not, because if not, I mean I thought that that would be that was a detriment with that job that you kind of you were you had to absorb that you were walking in and all of a sudden that was handed to you like here you go. I don't know what the backup plan for the Jets is going to be, Yes, Tod, I think if we look at.
Speaker 12: It as we don't have to change the word in complite, but which team looks like they're going in the right direction so this way we avoid wins losses. Did you reach the wild card round? Did you not finish in last place? And who would that be next year to what just happened this past year?
Speaker 3: About who looks like a super Bowl contender in three years?
Speaker 2: Can you ask that question to gauge how successful somebody is could easily.
Speaker 4: Be none of them though, and then it could three years.
Speaker 3: It could be could thank you. I realized that.
Speaker 9: In three years.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anything they know that's why they had vacancies tot.
Speaker 3: That's because they that's asking a lot for.
Speaker 4: Any of these people to get them towards the super Bowl. The next two to three years, I think, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yes, teams with new coaches. The Patriots had the fourth pick of the draft. Jacksonville has a fifth, Vegas has a sixth pick of the draft. The Jets have the seventh pick of the draft. The Saints have the ninth.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now the Saints is just sort of a.
Speaker 2: You know, it feels like they got seven wins in them, maybe eight, maybe nine if all goes well.
Speaker 13: Yes, Marvin, they're the Titans of the NFC. Oh wow, irrelevant, No Man's land.
Speaker 3: The better uniforms, yes, correct, yeah, actually correct, better uniforms.
Speaker 6: Yes, they're somewhat. No offense stuck with Derek Carr, who's turning thirty four. He'll make about forty million dollars next year, and they cannot get rid of them this offseason in any way. Next off's impossibly. But he signed a four year, one hundred and fifty million dollar contract with the Saints.
Speaker 3: But that's not it's not terrible. It's unfixable. But he's a He's a top fifteen quarterback, isn't he seventeen? Okay, yes, Marv.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a Pro Bowl alternate level quarterback.
Speaker 2: You know what, I let me Let me stop there, because I want to talk about that, the Pro Bowl. We I came up with a solution last year. I just got to get you know, these NFL writers to listen to me. It's really simple. All you have to do is add one letter. It's going to change things after the break.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 14: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, i'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 3: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 14: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Play of the Day coming up. Your phone calls, settle on our poll question. We'll hear from seating at the top of next hour on the road with our new sponsor Mako heading down tod Orleans. It's the Scarlet letter, and I want to apply it to the NFL. The Scarlet letter. It's a big a. It's the Pro Bowl alternate because now as JJ Watt, how long has JJ Watt been retired?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: He's kind of doing the back in my day.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he's saying that it's now kind of a participatory award. Hey, you made the Pro Bowl. Well not really, you get to go play dodgeball. But I think you have to make sure that you have this designation if you're an alternate. They're just looking for people to participate in this, that's all. But it shouldn't count on your resume because it used to. Maybe it still does, but if you're an altar, there should be. If you have three quarterbacks who make the Pro Bowl from the AFC, NFC, or if you just want to do your the first team Pro Bowl quarterback, and that counts on your resume. Because once we get to the sixth alternate here, Vince Young, who was it, Tyler Huntley, didn't he make it? Vince Young twice alternate made the Pro Bowl. What's on your resume that helps players get into the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin, and.
Speaker 5: We're forgetting Pro Bowl quarterback Mitch Trubisky.
Speaker 3: Of course, yep. David Gerrard, Steve Berlin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was back when it was it was still a game that they were playing. But you have to differentiate between somebody who's a Pro Bowl now all Pro. That's the one that settles arguments. If you say six time All Pro, you're getting into the Hall of Fame. Six time Pro bowler with the three alternate chances to go in, you're not getting into the Hall of Fame. And that's where I think the NFL writers need to differentiate. Here, what is is a Pro Bowl player and what is I need you to fill the roster? Add the scarlet letter Pro Bowl alternate. Fritzie says, we should put an A on their uniforms.
Speaker 3: And then helmet or their jersey.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's just an altered whatever. How many people do they ask and they ended up with this.
Speaker 3: Guy player just a big a. Yes, Paul so Dan.
Speaker 6: When you research these things, and when shows like US or research people for networks do research on players, they go to Pro Football Reference. It's the bible of all of the history of football. So, for example, Russell Wilson made the Pro Bowl nine different times as a Seahawk. Does he get credit for another Pro Bowl this year?
Speaker 3: He shouldn't. He shouldn't.
Speaker 6: But I'm looking at his his Pro Bowl list and they'll probably on it, and that's gonna be the designation because when you look at people when you're researching for the Hall of Fame, this is what you use. For example, Patrick Willis, remember the great linebacker. He was a seven time Pro Bowler, but he was a six time All Pro.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's those designations help your research.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I still look at All Pro the Pro Bowl. I don't give it. I don't attach much weight or credibility to that, but they're probably people who do. JJ Watt says, when you get five alternates deep, just call it the participate participation Bowl.
Speaker 3: I'm with him on it. I get it.
Speaker 2: But this has been around for a little while. Add the scarlet letter. You know, at least on your resume that you put the A on there you're an alternate. But it gets silly because they after a while, you're like, who wants to play? Hey, who would like to be in the dodgeball? Dodgeball? And you can bet on the dodgeball competition? As Dylan pointed out, are you going to bet on the dodgeball? When we have our gambling podcast tomorrow, are you going to wager.
Speaker 11: We're a little low on other stuff to bet on right now, Dan says, I think that might make a appearance on the board.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, Tom, that's.
Speaker 4: When you got to make that gambling problem phone call. It's like, what about the Tuggle War if we get it on that.
Speaker 11: If you've bet on the Pro Bowl dodgeball game, please call this number.
Speaker 2: I used to bet on preseason football. That's those are probably on par.
Speaker 3: That was pretty sad. It was pretty sad.
Speaker 9: I've also done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at Dan Patrick dunt calm Twitter handle a DP show.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if.
Speaker 2: Even that alternate, Like how many guys have gotten the Pro Bowl designation but they weren't the original guy? And did that help anybody get into the Hall of Fame? Like Russell Wilson. Is he a Hall of Famer if you look at what nine Pro Bowls and went to two Super Bowls and won a Super Bowl?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he was ever All Pro.
Speaker 9: But I second team All Pro once.
Speaker 2: Okay, he'll make the Hall of Fame. I think with nine Pro Bowls and two Super Bowl appearances and a win, he probably will. But I don't know how many of those Pro Bowl selections, he was actually the initial quarterback, you know, the grouping that goes in that they're elected.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 13: So I'm looking at the twenty nineteen Pro Bowl where Mitch Trubisky got into an alternate.
Speaker 5: Russell Wilsell was also an alternate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see that shouldn't count, but it's there. It's on his resume, But it shouldn't count. But I don't know if i'd have to ask Peter King, you know, I don't. I don't think Pete votes on it anymore, but it certainly did for a long time. Of how much do they factor that in the Pro Bowl appearances? Yes, Ton, And for as.
Speaker 12: Far as the other sports, I can't speak to hockey, but baseball and basketball, I think still to this day, we consider that kind of a big deal. Right if you see someone's resume and they were in eleven All Star games.
Speaker 4: In the NBA MLB. But now it's becoming a joke almost for the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the All Star Game, it's not.
Speaker 2: You know, the the NFL for a long period of time was searching for something that they could have that, hey, you know, we have an All Star game. Nobody wanted to play in it. They wanted to be picked for it because it went on your resume. Tom Brady I think played in one Pro Bowl his first one, yeah, and then he's like, what am I doing? Or the Patriots probably said what are you doing? And that's why you get Mitch Trubisky or David Garrard. And Drake may is going to be in the Pro Bowl. So he's a Pro Bowl quarterback?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, marm And.
Speaker 13: The issue is you can't play exhibition football, like you just can't play like, oh, you know what, We're just going to play a pickup game of you know, tackle football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so guys don't want to play.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't want to play because all it takes is a Sean Taylor hit on you, like that time. I didn't watch the Pro Bowl a couple of years ago, and I don't know, it might have been PAULI. He goes turn on ABC or whatever he goes and I go, oh, what is on that PROB I swear to god, I've seen more violence on Dancing with the Stars than that. They were slow dancing. They caught something, you know, you'd get somebody, but you didn't tackle them. You could just kind of slow dance a little bit, wrestle them to the ground. I get it, But you know, does the NFL, does the commissioner get it that this is silly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 6: The last Pro Bowl game with actual physical action was that twenty twenty game. And I can't remember. I don't know if it was Luke, Keikley or someone we had on the show the next day they said they all were chatting in the locker room and they said, hey, let's just go through the motions, because as the game went on, it clearly was it was obvious that the teams were in agreement on this.
Speaker 2: I think it was George Kittle that we had on and he said that, yeah, they kind of conspired.
Speaker 3: They got together and like, hey, let's not hurt any buddy. And I get it.
Speaker 2: You've already gone through a long season if you played in the playoffs, and now, hey, I can't wait to go out there and hit somebody.
Speaker 13: Yes, Mark, Yeah, you want to just be names of the Pro Bowl, like you've been saying before. I just want to be a Pro Bowl. I don't want to play in the actual game.
Speaker 5: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls in here, Doug in North Carolina, Hi Doug, welcome back.
Speaker 15: Hey Dan, I have another conspiracy theory for you.
Speaker 9: I know how much he loved being I love it.
Speaker 15: I do not believe that the NFL is overtly trying to get the Chiefs into the Super Bowl, but I think there's something being done on a subconscious level where the refs know that their job is to protect the quarterback, and then they know that there are quarterbacks, and then there are quarterbacks, and every playoff for years it was Aaron Rodgers. There was always one guy who got phantom calls because you don't want to be the crew that's calling the game when this guy goes out for the season. And even though I don't think it's a directive to try to get a team into the super Bowl, I think what it does is there's so many phantom calls that it is when you hear these people calling up truly believing in a conspiracy theory, we have to acknowledge, whether we agree with him or not, that the integrity of the game is being challenged by all these phantom calls just to try to protect the guy.
Speaker 2: I get it, and thank you Doug that maybe subconsciously that's Mahomes or that's Brady or that's Peyton Manning, and I get it. But I don't think that the NFL the officials would conspire to make sure Mahomes continue to win. I just don't think they would go, you know, the team we want to be a dynasty Kansas City. I just don't see why why Kansas City if you had a map right now, if we had a map and I said, i'd fan base is who are you rooting for? No, who are you rooting against? In the Super Bowl? I mean, aside from Missouri, maybe a couple of states in the Midwest, it's going to be people will be rooting for the Eagles. The Eagles are hard to root for too, And you're saying, hey, we want you to root for the Eagles. We want the Eagles to win. Meanwhile, the NFL wants Kansas City to win. I just I don't see that as I mean, it's silly. Yes, Are the Eagles hard to root for or the Eagles fans?
Speaker 3: Eagles fans hard to root for?
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know about Nick Sirianni. I'm rooting for him.
Speaker 2: Saquona, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't think it's I don't like that guy. But you know, even with the Chiefs, like you don't like somebody because they're really good, or they're really popular, or they're dating somebody, or they get all the calls. I mean, that's why we don't like Kansas City or that's how people view Kansas City. And it's not the play. I mean, they do what a great team does. They don't make mistakes, big moments, they come up big. That's kind of what you want. Now you can say, well, do they get calls? I think that they've learned how to get calls. I think they've learned what to do. You know, wide receivers will tell you certain ways you position yourself that you draw contact. A basketball player will talk about that certain way. James Harden got those calls all the time. Why because he knew how to get those calls. And maybe it's better coaching. And you got a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator, you got a Hall of Fame coach, hall of Fame type. They got rid of Tyreek Hill, one of you know, the most dynamic, explosive receiver in the game.
Speaker 3: And what they do. They won a couple of Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: And we looked at that wide receiving corps and we went, yeah, wait, they don't have anybody. Wait, Hollywood Brown is still in the league. Yeah wait, Somaji p Ryan. Yeah, that's coaching, plain and simple coaching. You got Mahomes and it's not a dynamic show anymore. We loved him when he was throwing for forty five fifty touchdown.
Speaker 3: Man, they are.
Speaker 2: Awesome to watch. Then all of a sudden they stopped being awesome to watch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bull, Like the Patriots you mentioned the other day, they won't spend at the wide receiver position. They'll take Xavier Worthy on a rookie contract, Rice on a rookie contract, and then Hopkins becomes available at the end of his career. Not too expensive. The Patriots took Randy Moss when his career was in the dip.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: With Oakland, you know, they won't summit except for like a guy like Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Uh Travis in Michigan, Hi Travis, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: Her?
Speaker 10: Hey? So, anyway, I was calling regarding the around the room talk about Dylan Yeah, and everybody seemed to be really short about it. I hate for the back road to start sucking again. So I was just thinking maybe just to kind of sterilize that area and put a ghost man there on the bench.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Travis. Now Dylan is here. Dylan is sitting in for seating this week. It's just a tempt job.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, substanceute teacher.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, or the son of a billionaire that sounds better. Yeah, you do look like you know, my dad's got a lot of money. And I kind of let myself go vibe.
Speaker 11: Well, if I I kind of found out a little late in the game that I was going to be on air this week, so I probably would have worked out a little bit last week or something.
Speaker 3: Had no three days of changed things.
Speaker 9: That's going on.
Speaker 2: Vacation fest. Kurt in Illinois, Hey.
Speaker 10: Kurt.
Speaker 16: Mortin GP not uh, just wondering about like Tom Brady joining the Raiders. Not so much as, hey, I can make a bunch of money as a minority owner or you know, keep around football. But maybe it's about his legacy and the fact that if he can actually build a team in Oakland, it could keep Mahomes from ever hitting his level of success.
Speaker 15: In mahomes pseudo.
Speaker 16: Second act, after this era of the Chiefs kind of fades off, a little bit and keeps them from rebuilding and hitting all those records that Brady had.
Speaker 2: Well, did it take away from Michael Jordan being a terrible owner that that allowed Lebron maybe to sneak up and catch him.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mike was not a good owner, but I don't think that took away from his basketball resume. I don't know if we're going to go, hey, Patrick Mahomes caught Tom Brady, but hey, Tom is turning the Raiders around into super Bowl contenders. I don't think that that's going to factor in, but it is something that Tom can put on his resume. And as a broadcaster, what if he wins his Sports Emmy. If Brady wins his Sports Emmy before we do, then I'm quitting Eli got one. I think you're one. Yeah, but that was just part of his brother's show, right, I don't know. And the Sports Emmy goes to Tom Brady?
Speaker 3: What yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, that would make the Sports Emmy's more fixed than Chiefs game.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, someone to say it.
Speaker 9: And I chose today, all right, I chose to say you did.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll take a break here, play the day coming up more phone calls. Seaton will join us on the road somewhere in North Carolina. Coming up top of the hour, the Commissioner of the NBA, Adam Silver, is going to join us as well.
Speaker 1: Back after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 14: WAP, Oh my God, the play of the day, God play.
Speaker 10: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 8: Check this out.
Speaker 1: James domlay against Justin back out top and he threw it away again. Here's Ricky preaking free domlay refirst ten. That's wait a minute, here's the judges nine number five nine put ten.
Speaker 3: Bo Ricky Council.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of the Sixers Radio network. Ricky Council, of course, gets sixteen points and Philadelphia had forty eight second quarter points. So I started watching this game, and it was all about no Paul George, there's no Joel NBI pregame show. Everybody's picking the Lakers. Anthony Davis been great, just coming off a forty twenty game, and all of a sudden, Tyree s Maaxy goes, hold on, let me take over this game.
Speaker 3: He was awesome.
Speaker 2: There are fast got now, Dearon Fox might be the fastest guy in the NBA. Tyree s Maaxey, he has got some get up and go. So the Lakers lose to the Sixers without joellenb I think that was Joel Embiid's four hundredth career.
Speaker 3: Game that he's missed. But who's keeping track?
Speaker 9: What a mess?
Speaker 2: But Tyree Smaxy and I felt really bad for Brownie James because Bronnie got fifteen minutes and he got worked.
Speaker 5: Yes he did.
Speaker 2: Tyree SMAXI worked him and he even said after you know, hey, I'm just trying to stay in front of him. And he's really fast, and Tyree Smacks is an explosive player. And I think he had forty three. But come on, you're the Lakers. All of a sudden, you're building up this goodwill. Hey, we figured it out. You know, We've changed our lineup. Ruey Hanscha Mura's back and I'm like, and then Anthony Davis had some kind of abdominal injury.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, was it bring your son a work week? What was the reason for Briandy getting in there?
Speaker 2: I he just had a really big game in the G League, Gee League, but I don't know. You know, it was a nationally televised game. And I said this at the start of the year. I thought that they would pick and choose when they were doing nationally televised games and you know, bring him up like Christmas, you know, those kind of things, standalone games.
Speaker 3: He was surprised that he was called up. Yes, Marvin, and.
Speaker 13: I think the most dangerous teams are guys without their star players. Because there's guys that have been scoring thirty points their entire lives. They are ready. Joel and Be's not playing all, George is in playing, Caleb Martin's not playing. It's time to get these shots up.
Speaker 3: Ricky Council is coming in lighting them up right.
Speaker 13: And I'm sure those guys, all those guys like Ricky Counsel, who most people don't know, I'm sure he was a five star CREU coming out of high school. So that guy is ready to put up shots.
Speaker 6: Yes, Poem, did you say Joel Embiid has missed four hundred career games.
Speaker 3: I believe he's played four.
Speaker 6: Hundred and forty six and he's missed four hundred. I have him at forty four hundred and forty six games played.
Speaker 3: Wow, can you check and see how many he's missed.
Speaker 6: He missed his first two seasons, so that's one sixty four right out of the gate.
Speaker 5: We'll check that though. Okay.
Speaker 2: Play of the Day brought to you by Express Employment Professionals. They can help you if you need to get the right team, from contract placements to full time hires. They've got you covered expresspros dot Com. You can go there today and they'll handle your hiring so you can focus on growing your business.
Speaker 3: Yes, Pom.
Speaker 6: He has played for forty six EMBIID and has missed four hundred.
Speaker 17: Gosh statue startup today, Status today, Shot Today, Statup Today, startup today, Status today.
Speaker 2: Start brought to you by Panini America. NBA trade deadline eight days away, and it looks like Sacramento is ready to part ways with dearon Fox. He's a really good player. I'd love to see him in San Antonio. You put him with Wemby all right, Now, we got something, but he's due a free agency the following year, so they're going to trade him. Try to get something for him. The artist formerly known as the Sacramento Kings. Now they had a little bit of a run there. Let's see Justin and Idaho. Hey, Justin in Idaho.
Speaker 3: How are you hey, Justin? Thanks Justin Andy and Rhode Island, Hi Andy, good morning?
Speaker 18: Yeah Danette, what's up?
Speaker 9: Dulla?
Speaker 18: I see you man So Dan, Happy Chinese New Year.
Speaker 19: It's the year of the wood Snake. Don't get any ideas, Fritzy. It's hard to shed our old skin bringing that new rejuvenated energy. And Dan, I do have an update on my twenty three and me with some breaking news.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, hold on, all right, we've all been waiting for Andy and an update on here's twenty three in me.
Speaker 18: So with the statistics leading at I am fifty percent Sup Saharan African, forty five percent South European, four percent Italian. And get this Dane, Danette.
Speaker 2: Thank you Andy. Yeah, so he's fifty percent black. What's the forty five percent the Europeans?
Speaker 10: Await?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, I don't know.
Speaker 12: They have the technology now they can test for a Danette and your they can't.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a new feature with twenty three in me. Didn't twenty three and me go out of business? Didn't one of these go out of business? And then you have everybody's DNA that they still own, Like, what could go wrong with this?
Speaker 9: Don't commit any crime?
Speaker 3: No Roger in Iowa, Hi Roger.
Speaker 20: Good morning dan six one two o eight. I watch you on Peacock and I'm a perfectly healthy I've got an idea about Danette relegation. Oh so with Dylan doing a above average job, I give him a strong sea.
Speaker 10: So far you've got five dan Nets in the rotation.
Speaker 20: If Ritzy's having a bad day or Marvin is down because of Yukon loss, why you can put somebody up in their place.
Speaker 3: So you're talking like day to day relegation.
Speaker 10: Here absolute hour or probably.
Speaker 3: Dang Roger, thank you. I do like it.
Speaker 2: Keep you guys on your toes. All of a sudden, PAULI sorry, you got to go back and do graphics.
Speaker 6: I'll be sitting back there in zubaz pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and the big german back there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, heat chicken fingers.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: I came in this morning. So it's seven thirty. Dylan says, hey, you want some what was what kind of bread and shrimp? You butterfly fried shrimp? Okay, So it's seven thirty and he goes, hey, you want some shrimp. I go, No, No, it could be seven thirty pm. No, you said you'd wait till like I did. I just now, I've had a couple of hot dogs before ten o'clock.
Speaker 9: With you, it don't act like you're above that.
Speaker 2: Adam Silver, NBA Commissioner, set to join us hour two and we'll talk to seat and he'll join us from the road in ten minutes from now, hour two on the way