Speaker 1: It's insightful though, because not a lot It's not like we get to sit here and have this conversation and put it on a podcast, because not a lot of people understand, like what you know, how everything works, how an injury happens, like what happened in the play, How are you feeling? What is your you know, what plan are you going to take? Your course of action? Like get better? Like all that stuff people don't you know, we get to give people the nitty gritty. This episode of Busting with the Boys The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: Bonus Pod Bonus Pod in October.
Speaker 1: Are we starting there right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we kind of already started. We've been doing it. We always do it like this anyway. So obviously those of you listening, the tier ones already know this. The Tier two's probably knows. The tier threes haven't heard this, but I'm sure some tier threes have now jumped to some Tier twos. You know what I'm saying, like a yeah, a big fan of the podcast. My wife is now in the in the building. You're wondering we have a crowd, Well you got a crowd. It's our first life on this graduation. That's awesome, Thank you, thank you. Any way you want to slice it, you need to subscribe. I'm busting with the boys. You need to raid five stars, you need to comment. But the thing is is this is this is a podcast. I know, so it is what it is. But I made the promise to not do podcasts during the season. You never made that promise.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, we're good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now you have to be careful about what you say because you have to see Vrabel every day, no question, because of like COVID protocols. It's way different for me on IR I'm barely in the building at all. Yeah, so I'm kind of living Scott free right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know if you've seen it, but the boy's been a little more on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Oh I've noticed. I've enjoyed it. Have you really enjoyed it? I see you embracing it. Changed your name, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I don't understand this.
Speaker 2: Jerry is Jerry Ainsworth. It's my alter ego to my depression because I don't quite feel the same anymore, just a little different now, is that what we're doing. Yeah, it's a little sad. My nay doesn't work.
Speaker 1: So it is that like you're in the house kind of a family thing. No, that's inside joke.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. When you deal with something like an injury, you have lots of ways you can go down it. Most of the time the road to anyway you take. His travels and some sort of depression.
Speaker 1: Right, we're headed there.
Speaker 2: I'm on a bullet train there. But I'm handling things really well. You are. But also I meet most things with humor. And what's the best way. Taylor's not sad, but Jerry, Jerry's a very sad boy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's how you play into it. Yeah, okay, here's a different alterar. You go, what's the what's the last name? Is that it like a real person?
Speaker 2: No, because I say it English names.
Speaker 1: I did google it and I was like, man, I guess this isn't like I saw some description. I'm like, but it's not your bio whatever you said?
Speaker 2: Yeah that I well, I'm sure there's not a guy that has a Wikipedia pacee for slipping at a costo. And no, I didn't know if he's like some comedian made facade that I've done in my own head.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if it was like something in a movie.
Speaker 2: Nope, that's that's that's just exactly what.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yes, I've seen you've embraced Twitter. Yeah, I've been on Twitter a little bit. Hey, even Taylor Taylor's been on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Taylor told me the other day She's like, I'm way funnier than you are on Twitter, and I said, yeah, you probably are. She says things to me and I'm like, I don't know, and then she posts in it's a hit. She smacked buck Rising today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I saw something about the IR Yeah, because it's crazy and she just ran up there. But it's crazy what a few retweets does to you. No doubt she gets on the tailor bitch HBO. They did kind of hit too.
Speaker 2: I think the funniest part of her doing anything on Twitter is that she never tags me. She just talks about me, like I'm not liking her life and we don't follow each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you guys are only like two or three letters off, just two just two letters. Sorry, you know how it is. You're like thinking on the run. It's been a long day. It has been a long day. Tell me about your day. Do what was it like at the building today? Well, you know, regular regular day at the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does it feel like you guys are finding.
Speaker 1: I would tell you, but you kind of got.
Speaker 2: A yeah, some murky waters right now, I get it.
Speaker 1: You gotta be You got to be on the team.
Speaker 2: People in their car just zoned out on the road.
Speaker 1: Hey, you gotta be in the building. You know what I mean to know? Oh, I see what's going on. Yeah, it feels good. I'm not gonna lie. It feels good to say.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe i'd be in the building a little more if I didn't have to carry you for the last year and half of this podcast.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's not working. That it's not working.
Speaker 2: My knees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your knees couldn't take the pressure.
Speaker 2: They couldn't take the pressure of carrying your way in that fucking bust on my back all the time.
Speaker 1: Dude, what I've done? Look at us?
Speaker 2: You going you you use my bus. Now you're using my basement and get.
Speaker 1: Hurt and you're like, boom, Thank God will build this other job for me?
Speaker 2: Are you joking? Dude?
Speaker 1: God will build this other job? I am this podcast so glad that he thought even talking about it is? Who's rich Eison?
Speaker 2: I don't know Michigan.
Speaker 1: Alum, gotta do Yeah, Michigan, sweet, Yeah you heard Adam Schefter? Is who in Nebraska football outside? Do you mean me? You talking talking about let David?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He's solid, dude was yeah, he still saw he saw it. I don't know what I'm saying. And if you hear this, baby, I'm just.
Speaker 1: De God.
Speaker 2: Now I get what you're saying. I get what you're trying to get at. Here's the reality.
Speaker 1: No wait, wait, wait, wait, it's all everything that's going to come out of your mouth is subjective. That's not true because when you say reality, you can beIN reality however you want to.
Speaker 2: What is his mind? Benders? Do you think that's what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What is the twilight zone?
Speaker 1: I'm living.
Speaker 2: I'm living and breathing the same oxygen you are. Real does not have COVID in it because we follow guidelines that we follow. You see a little twists and turn right there. Yeah, but no, you're welcome for giving you a presence outside of football. You're welcome for getting you back on the teams. Do you know really like what happened when guys were getting knocked off during camp? What was going on? Verybel texted me, he said, what do you think about Will? And I was like, you got to deal with what comes with him, the baggage, always constantly on social media trying to get attention. And he said, you know what, we should flip the coin. So I went to his office. We fip the corn and here you are.
Speaker 1: And now you're welcome. Now your name is Jerry on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm going through a mild depression because my knee blew out. So are you saying my friend couldn't carry his own weight? So I had to put some of my fucking back.
Speaker 1: Bro. You know what, I'll give this because you're really lashing out. You're saying a lot of false things.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about.
Speaker 1: You're saying a lot of false things that you think you're responsible for my identity outside of football.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I am hurting.
Speaker 1: I know you are. I'm lashing out. I know you are right now.
Speaker 2: It's a hard deal. When you're seventy two hours out. It's tough. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm reading kill myself, no question, I'll tell you what I am there. Sometimes I thought you I thought that was in your book?
Speaker 2: Did not? But I looked at him a little bit, so I glanced through it. I glanced through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the boy tours a cl.
Speaker 2: So this is going great.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, let's start and explain what happened.
Speaker 2: Uh, all right, So we're playing. We're obviously play in the Houston, Texans this this past week, and we called the screen to AJ. Vrabel always talks about not talking about scheme and stuff, but we called a screen to AJ. So I took three hard steps down, went out and I don't know what happened. I haven't even watched the play since then. But AJ is supposed to press up and then go back and so he can get the ball, and then I'm supposed to pick off the guy that's blocking him. I'm pretty sure the guy was pressed. Was he pressing? Did they show that in film today? He was pressed? He skipped it good. I appreciate that. That was the test. So I go out there and the guys all hung up over AJ, and so I go to dive. I go to plant and dive to get this kind of like trying to save the play. And when I went to plant, I heard like this loud pop and a tear, and I was like, like, I just I grabbed my leg and I'm like, fuck, dude, and here I am. I'm like, okay, you're a pretty dramatic cat, Like is this am I really being like? This is a real thing? And so I at first, I was like it was so hot, Like I never really had like a big injury before, Like I dissocated my elbow in twenty twelve, and when I did that, like it was like out out, like they had to reset it back in, but I didn't need surgery or anything. So like, but when I did it, my arm was super hot. And when I like when I planted and I felt like that tear and rip, I my leg all of a suddenly got super super hot, and so I thought I disocated my knee or something like or my leg, and so I went and grabbed it and was feeling it and I was like, Okay, well, hopefully it's not the ac Hopefully it's just the outside because I felt like the outside where I felt like it kind of like rip and so I'm laying there it kind of it didn't hurt. It was the weirdest thing, Like I think I was adrenaline was obviously movement, but I didn't it didn't hurt at all. And the doctor came out and like Raba was there, Todd was there, a couple other trainers there. And the doctor came out and he grabs my leg and he does like the test and uh, anybody who's never had their ACL chick. It's like you grab under the hamstring and you grab the calf and then you you try to move the calf forward and if you feel like a clicking, that that's the AC grab a cl grabbing. And if it doesn't, then that's a you know possibility the a c L is out there. Well, the doctor picks up my leg and tests it one time, like one little yank, nothing hurt, nothing at all, puts my leg back down. He just he won yanked.
Speaker 1: He's not sitting there like you know, we just he went over there, grabbed it, pulled it and he he like pulled it. He goes put him down and.
Speaker 2: Put my leg down and I said, is it my a cl is a torn? And he goes on. He the doctor says, I'm not saying anything right now, which obviously means absolutely here a cl is torn. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I was like, uh, I was like check it again. You gotta you gotta. Like. I was like, now I'm not kind of panicking, but no, no, no, just check it again, because I had a scare like this year three did Marco Murray cut a guy into my legs and they checked it and they said you tore your a cl and ended up just being a bone. I didn't even tear anything, and so I'm like, you gotta check it again, like just please check it again, kind of getting panicky, and he he looks at me and he's like, uh, he goes, I don't have to check it again, and I was like, fuck, dude. So they like, let's get him up. So they get me up and I'm walking and I'm kind of just like as I'm walking, I'm like walking towards our sideline, but I'm looking up at the sweets because like my wife's in a suite. I'm like kind of just looking to see where she's at because I'm like, I'm in fucking panic mode. You know what I'm saying. You have all these plans for a comeback season after doing a getting a ped last year and all that, and you think like it really hadn't hit me. It still hasn't hit me yet that I'm out for the season. I think I like for sure hit Sunday. It hurt. It hit a little bit yesterday when we were talking, but I was I was like walking up looking like looking for any sort of like comfort to any like person that I know, like that could possibly give me because I felt like so alone in that moment or whatever. And we go into the blue tent and the doctor comes in. I think I think his name is doctor Petty's dude. He's a good dude. And he's like, I do you want me to check it again? I was like, yes, please check it again, and so he grabs it, yanks on it twice, goes to my other leg. He puts my leg down and he goes your your a CL's gone. It's like it's not there, and like, uh, I like grabbed the dude. He was like wearing this windbreaker and I grabbed him and I pulled him into me and I just started fucking letting loose. Just absolutely started bowling my eyes out, just overwhelmingly crying, like the like the sob, like the loud sobb man, like a good bitch cry. You know what I'm saying. Just let it out, dude, like absolutely just fucking was like it just sucked. It just sucked. At that moment. I was like, you just feel so helpless, you know, you know, like everything kind of moves on, and it was super. He got weirder from there, like I got my helmet. I put my helmet on because IM like I don't want people see me crying, like like you know, big tough guy, I gotta get go to lockdown. Already felt cool enough that I was walking on it. Shut out myself and I go to the locker room and like the doctor Like at this point, I'm thinking to myself, like I don't want to be alone, like I just got to make sure like someone's around me, so I don't like go into the the the deep dark hole where Jerry was now and now lives, you know what I'm saying. Like I'm like like, fuck, I do not want to. I don't want I don't want to deal with my reality, right. I need somebody to distract me. So sal Ur Trainer, He's an awesome dude, like takes me in. I'm like I need to see my wife, like can I can? I can my wife come down here? And he's like, well no, with the protocols with COVID protocols like you can't like you can't happen. Which when I got ejected from the Packers game like three four years ago, Tailing came down. We sat in the locker room and watched the rest of the game together. So that was that was a bit of a different deal. So I was like, I text the Tail and I'm like, what sweet are you? And she told me what suit she was in. So I'm like, I'm going up there. So I got my I got my football pants on, my socks, like, I took my took my cleats off and put like some like sour shower shoes on, and I wearing like my undershirt from the game. And they taped me up the stairs. They taped me up the elevator to the sweeter. I'm like walking by fans and like custodians and stuff and people like and they're like it's weird because they're like making people back up, Hey, you get out of the way, like making people like this as far away from me as possible because of protocols. They don't want like me to get COVID or whatever. Well, I tell you what we're selling out for Whoop because Whoop is gonna help me recover and come back faster, bigger, stronger than ever. If you support the boy, if you support the Boys and you support the Titans, I probably buy a Whoop. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's probably that's probably the way to do it. Sell out for the Boys. Please, we need you.
Speaker 1: It'll be huge. I think it'll be huge. It'll be huge in your recovery because it can measure your stress, how recovered you are every day, your sleep performance, all of it, regardless if you're in shape or you're just looking to be a little healthier, a little more recovered and know what's going on with your body. The Whoop strap is the best fitness tracker in the game. The Whoop app even has built in features like a string coach, which gives you target exertion goals for workouts, helps you optimize all levels throughout the day, whether you're stressed, whether you're not stressing you need to go bang out a workout. It also has a sleep coach built in where you can measure all different stages of your sleep, ram, deep, light, sleep, all of it. Whoop has it all, and you can build a community with it, like Taylor night. We're in a group. It's called the Boys. We're able to compete. We compete every now and then against each other. We see how each other's sleeping, Who's recovered more, who puts in a little more strain every day. But you can do this all on the Whoop app. The Boys are hooking you up with fifteen percent off with code busting at checkout. Go to Whoop that's Whoop dot com and enter code busting at checkout to say fifteen percent off, Sleep better, recover faster, and train smarter with the boys and optimize yourself with Whoop and help us. Get on the train and go with us on this journey with Taylor as he recovers in that acl with the Whoop app.
Speaker 2: Let's get healthy together. So I end up getting to my I get up getting to the suite and when I got there, like open the door and Taylor saw me and she's like she knew something was wrong and I win. It was like one of her first games, like being there and she's like, uh, She's like, Daddy, you played football with your friends. I was like, yeah, Daddy was just playing football as his friends. I was like, Daddy, daddy touched his knee though, So he's gonna be home and we're gonna hang out a lot, Like we're gonna be able to hang out all the time now. And she's like, oh, I'm excited. It's like that's awesome. Your dad's literally going through huge te meadic experience. But I appreciate you win. And she's like, she's like, you don't want to pay football with your friends. I was like, no, I want to come hang out and win, and she's like, you sad, and I was like, no, I'm not sad. I'm like literally like holding back tears. And my daughter she's like my counselor. So I get to see them, which was really cool. But yeah, after I had to talk to Tay for a little bit and then I went down and got some ice, and then when y'all tied it up for us to go into overtime, I was like, I gotta get the fuck out there that we're gonna win and sir and like, I walked out there while KB was walking out for the overtime coin toss and I was like standing next to Arthur Smith for the entire every play call he had, and it was sick. Just to watch Arthur, like in a huge pressure situation operating dude, operating like a gangster. Like, so calm, I'm not gonna say any plays. We'll get in trouble, see that, we'll stay on top of it. But yeah, so calm just like, hey, all right, this is what we're doing. Like he even said, like in the mic at one point he's like, all right, calm down, just calm down, all right first, and then he just starts going into the next play. Yeah, And I was like, Yo, this dude's a fucking's savage, you know how savage?
Speaker 1: You know how we walk around and talk about like BD and big dick energy. And after the game, when we got done, I was like, what it's like walking back to my locker, and he happened to be behind me. He was like, hey, how about that big dick energy. I was like, oh god, you are the.
Speaker 2: Man, the fucking man that's sick. Yeah, dude, it's a gangster. So I mean after that, I just went and got my own Well.
Speaker 1: We get to write together. What do you mean there's a lot in between?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well wait after that, so okay, basically the rest of my day was it was consisting of how do I not spend any time alone? Like, how do I fucking stay away from the old noggin? You know what I'm saying, because I don't want to go down this mental roller coaster where Jerry's at the end of the fucking tunnel waiting for me, all sat and groping about his knee. Yeah, so seemed like it was a good thing.
Speaker 1: I shot you text, well, yeah, right home.
Speaker 2: I get to my vehicle and you texted me and You're like, hey, can I get a ride home? My fuck, absolutely, I'm already my car carse started.
Speaker 1: I was thinking convenience, just to be able to When I saw that you were in the locker room, I was like, damn, he's gonna be back. He's probably gonna be mad that he has a turnaround or something like that, because my my battery died in the truck, Like I just got a new battery, so my car, my truck was I didn't have a truck like all week and long. So Charlotte texts me, hey, can I get it right? He was like, yeah, I'm outside, So I'm like trying to hurry around and then uh, we're driving back. You know, a nice little conversation with the old boys talking Paul, talking life, talking with all the stuff. And we're like getting off the high way. Use I'm telling all wild Bill's in town. When he drops me off, he wants to come in and hang out, and uh, we started laughing. He's like, uh, He's like, uh, can I tell you something. He's like, I'm dreading you getting out of this car right now because I'm just not trying to be I'm just not trying to be uh to myself and stuff like that, trying to get home. Oh the jew the jew light Is that a juv? Is that Bobo's juv? But uh yeah, and then the boy came over. It had a great time with wild Bill and the fam. The fam was in town. Were good. Yeah, yeah, you know, we hung out. It's kind of sadd it was super sad, like you just don't know how to act around somebody who goes through something that's like traumatic like that, like I know with my surgeries before and stuff, and when you're out or you're going on ir you're just like you don't really know all the you know, you're just not gonna have all the right words to say. Like it's basically it's like you gotta let you know, you going through it, like go through it and like just I guess I'm it all. I don't know. Yeah, when you went down were on the sideline, it was kind of the same thing, like you went in and and somebody was like, hey, a house Taylor doing. Is he all right? Like you think it's like the you know, a Taylor, like the Taylor style injury, like we'll be back out there or do you think he's actually And I'm like, I don't know, man, I need to go check on him. So you know, you go and you find out and you're just like you just you shake your head because yeah, I mean you think about everything you put into it this whole year and just busting your balls to get your stuff in a position and where you're playing good ball. The boys are five, and oh you want to be a part of it. You still, I mean, you're still part of it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then we get a ring. I'm taking full credit. Absolutely, you should have an inspiration story. And I was playing well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even like the stuff you you know, you're coming back from this past year like or last year, like I know, it was way on your head and everything. So it's just like it just blows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds dick, Yeah it Nate. What'd you think when I when I went down? What do you think it was just another tailors joy?
Speaker 3: I mean that's what you hope for, you know, like back out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you What do you think when when you found out?
Speaker 3: I mean during the game, you can't really think about it. You's gotta keep on moving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how you survived, survived without me.
Speaker 1: I knew. I knew it was serious when you looked up at the replay and it was a non contact injury because the non contact ones I mean a cls are like I think, uh yeah, is from non contact. So you just knew it could have been dicey from that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that fucking sucks. It definitely do it. Just I keep like playing it over my head. It didn't even feel like it happened. I'll be like sitting here and then I'll just be thinking about the play and I'm just running and then all of a sudden it's gone.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But how's your kne been since that the play? Like since that day?
Speaker 2: It's like, uh, it's stiff right now, Like it definitely have a little more fluid in there, like my quads a little more tight, but like not a lot of swelling and like I can flex my quad and everything. Like it's doing well. Like that. I said this like on my little like two minute statement or whatever. Like it's just the a CL, which is a huge win. It's like it's not like a moniscus or MCL.
Speaker 1: Or whatever that bruising or something like the.
Speaker 2: Bone bruise is like like hardly anything at all. It's like, legit just my a CL, you know. So I mean it just fucking just a bummer. Because what's the timeline for an ACL? Six to nine months? So even if I go the full nine months, I'll be uh, I'll be back in July.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like just going off positives, right because like how like how long do you want to sit in depression town before you just like fucking swallow a gun. So you're like you think, like, okay, what are the good things? Like Okay, well, like season I was playing well towards you at that point the season. I'm happy about that. No sex, happy about that, made a point about no penalties, happy about that, I played enough ball to where like, Okay, I you know, I feel happy about the season, but also like I didn't get hurt so late in the season where I'm being rushed back early next year, like I have, I have all the time in the world, you know what I'm saying. And so that's a huge positive. I got a great supporting cast that my wife's dope as ship, my kids are awesome, and uh yeah, you're a great You're a great Uh what was the word I used the other day? Emotional support human. So it's cool, like I got people reaching out, Like I got a buddy who's like, I didn't want I really didn't want to fly because like that just causes more inflammation, right you swallow up more. Yeah, I got a buddy who's let me use this tour bus to go down to Pittsicle to get my surgery and come back.
Speaker 1: No, we're flying just flex. Hey, wed Flex is a weird.
Speaker 2: Flex cool with the boy, the boys hooking up the boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt it was.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a good deal, you know, bubbos here give me an I vegan some n A D right now getting banged, So.
Speaker 1: What's what would be the complications with like flying to get your Uh.
Speaker 2: There's no complications like people usually fly, you'll get surgery, but like it's more unneeded inflammation. It's more un needed like you know, is that right? Yeah, unnecessarily stressing your body.
Speaker 3: Like what Bubbo just said.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you both.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I go I drive down there, shout out, irritate Nashville. I go down there, get cut up, sit there, just be an absolute zombie on pills for seven days. Come back up.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're gonna be down there a week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Tuesday. They said Tuesday. It's like Saturday.
Speaker 1: Didn't tell me that.
Speaker 2: I think that's just how it goes. I'm just part of like the process.
Speaker 1: So what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: You're gonna be at football we're talking about. Yeah, I'm telling you what I'm gonna be most bummed about. I can't even go to the games. I can't be on the sideliner in the games. But if if you all go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: You're be working for busting. If we're in the super Bowl with pornoy walking around every piece of shop, if it's.
Speaker 2: Justin a cl I wonder how long can if you could. You can essentially come back and women the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: B February right, February Penning, no complication.
Speaker 2: November, December, January, I can come back February. You should be one play one game.
Speaker 1: You should be walking by the Oh. Yeah, yeah, play for sure.
Speaker 2: I played. I play a super Yeah if it was a super Bowl tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So you think you could play if the super Bowl was Sunday? Uh, you think we get you hopped up enough on stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys would want me to play, I would be probably, I would probably be terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But.
Speaker 2: Like I was talking to our trainer, like he said, like he was like joking on, like you technically could play, like you could technically brace it. And he's like, you need a rit knee replacement, like thirty five.
Speaker 1: For a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Now you're putting in a situation now for Super Bowl I play.
Speaker 1: I mean when you're in it, when you're in the season and stuff, you're like, you're you're brainwashed enough to think stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the season, and the season is so weird, dude. Mental warfare, daily, mental warfare. You're con all the expectations. Yeah, you don't even feel like the same human.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was talking to the boys before you even got here. I was like, what's it like in like the normal world right now, because like for us, like that whole COVID deal we did with two weeks ago was a fucking bit of a deal. Yeah, you know, everybody thought we did so many things wrong. It's amazing how people will just use their jump to conclusions, Matt and just fucking jump there right Like they'll just be like, we should afford forit the rest of the season, we should do that, like.
Speaker 1: I know, And a lot of people saying that are just saying and then going about.
Speaker 2: Their day like I know, you know, and they're all like tweeting like you guys, you cheating pieces shit, like oh, very one must have learned from the Patriots, Like dumb is that, Yeah, doesn't make any sense, Like it's just chaos. The thing that's wild is I bet if you looked at because of Dennis Kelly, if you looked at like the rest of the NFL's like security cameras, I bet we're doing better than probably everybody as good, if not better than everyone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question, that's crazy, ye, Like, it's just it's just different, you know what I mean, Like you're in and you're gonna get you're gonna get rolling with like rehab and stuff, and yeah, I mean you'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like I want to. I feel I want to be a part of the team.
Speaker 1: You don't like, you won't.
Speaker 2: I won't feel like that.
Speaker 1: When I had my list Frank with the with the Washington football team and I got my list Frank, yeah, formerlane as the Redskins when I was out on i R for the rest of the year. Once you get like a few weeks into being at home, when you just can't move and stuff, like, you just don't like you as much as you want to feel a part of it, you just feel like kind of separated because you'll go in for your rehab slot, then you'll go home and sometimes, like for me, it's like they had your rehab slot when guys are in meetings or practice or something. So you go home after that and be gone by the time they get back in or around you, and so you just kind of like, you know, you're like rooting for the boys from your house. Yeah, we threw a fun little New Year's party though, Yeah, they lost to the Giants. And it was it was New Year's and uh invited everybody over through a banger, a little party banger in the year because we weren't going to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That's a nice little deal.
Speaker 1: It was nice. It was nice.
Speaker 2: What the thing I'm I'm super worried about, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what are you worried about?
Speaker 2: Most, I'm like, if I'm being a hundred so honest, coming back is like the same dude as it was. But that's obviously my biggest fear is like can I like get have an a c L and come back and be like still the dominant football player. But honestly, the thing that makes me feel better is I to do like Jeffrey Simmons that like Johnny Smith, like Tannehill, those guys who to you. Yeah, oh dude, It's crazy how many dudes reach out to you. It's like, you don't realize how many dudes, Like I felt like the respect level bag time with like a bunch of people just reaching out, like offensive linemen, like elite offensive lineman reaching out that I really don't even know, just like giving love because it's like an offensive line family like that. That type of stuff is really like this is just cool to be like that category with those dudes to where they'd reach out to you and stuff like that. But yeah, you talk to so many people and they talk about ACLS and like you know what in the eighties and nineties, like that's like a career ender, right, that's like you're fucking done so and now like dudes are coming back, no problem. So like I think it's an I think it's an irrational fear, but it's still a fear, Like, yeah, you know, how long is it gonna take me? Like how am I gonna be feeling this time next year when I played it on a little bit, Like I'm gonna be sore, Like they take it out of your patella, So like do I now get like ten and nights my ptel attendants? Like what happens to that? Does that get weaker? Like how does that work? Like there's a lot of things that I'm like, I'm super confused about. That's like I think a super normal and unhealthy like something to be nervous about, obviously, But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's gonna be several months. You're gonna be a little journey.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a journey for sure.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's like.
Speaker 1: You haven't gotten the surgery yet.
Speaker 2: No, I surgery on Tuesday, which I don't know when's this thing coming out tomorrow? I was gonna come out tomorrow. Fuck Josh, you ready, Like we didn't pay you all that money to not be ready, but you gotta go.
Speaker 1: But yeah tomorrow. So yeah, but people will hear it and then they'll know you're getting.
Speaker 2: The thing that like, I like, we jokingly talked about depression like the middle of the being this thing, like I thought, like so like thinking back, like when I was in college and dudes, like I had a buddy named Jake Ryan towards a awesome dude, like a top notch dude, like one of my really good friends Springball towards a cl and I was like, man, if I if that ever happens to me, if like a seasoned Enny injury ever happened, and.
Speaker 1: It was one it going into the like going into he I think he tore it twice. Was he did something crazy go down? But I I just remember him specifically, like other dudes tore the A c L too. But I would think about that all the time when people would would tear it I'd be like, man, well.
Speaker 2: Like what's gonna happen to them? Like what like what like what do they go through? Like what's their like process?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: And everyone says, like you hit like a super like dark little spot. And I thought like when I would do it, I thought like the whole the wheels would fall out, the damn tracks. But like I know, it's only been like three days, but like feel super positive about it. I'm cool about laughing about it, Like it's more fun to laugh about it and like kind of be out in front of it instead of like being around people. Like I was at a meeting, a house meeting with our interior designer, April Tomlin. Shoutout April Tomlin. She's an absolute beauty. I'll love her to death. And like I saw her and we were like she was like joking with me about how I missed up a bum n. I'm a washed out football player now, like you know, like that's a much more easy route for me to cope with, Like yeah, the leg strength, Yeah yeah, I'm interested to see like what happens when I get surgery, like when I can't be weight bearing for fortests like for right now, like I still feel like some power of control because I can walk around right, and like some dudes apparently can't walk around at acl. I'm not saying like I'm tougher than it or like they're still kind of attached. Like everyone has has different injuries. Some guys can't walk. I'm fortunate enough to be able to walk and move around a little bit and do some exercises to get get ready, do some pre habit. You know, I feel like when that power is taking away on my head a little dark little course, yeah road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I mean, that's usually when that stuff comes because you're like, uh and because you're you're trying to progress, like in your mind, you know, you can do certain things and you kind of just watch your like leg or for me, when I had labor and it was my arm or foot, like you watch your leg and stuff just get smaller.
Speaker 2: I don't have my leg and getting smaller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't either, So it'll be interesting. I think we'll have a good time with that. But uh, look, poor little tank tank. Hey, you're gonna be poor little tink tank got.
Speaker 2: Some tiny little don't sleep on them though, Nate, no is this show, aren't they? Nate don't sleep on these tiny little guys. Man. But it's not like l skips legged they know.
Speaker 1: But it's like those those will be the dark times where you're just like you're just it's more like frustration because you can't do ship. Yeah, I'm like that, and you're gonna be like you'll have setbacks, like not everything's gonna be like the perfect plan that you set worth that you see, like you just in your mind, you're like, I'm gonna just crush this. I'm gonna do this because then one day is gonna come to where it just doesn't respond the way that should, and the trainers and therebody will be like, hey, like it's gonna be fine on patience, but you in your mind, we're just unpatient because we want to like you know, conquer something. We want to show that we're gonna be the fastest at it.
Speaker 2: That's what Todd, That's what I literally asked, how fast have you seen somebody come back from a right?
Speaker 1: We all think we're gonna set like a new pr right, and then you just get frustrat when you can't, cause you're I haven't had an a c L. I had a p c L. But I haven't had an a c L. And I've seen guys. I've seen guys like doing all the stretching and stuff, and you know that funny. It doesn't look fun.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had like a big injured Nate. Oh damn, I'm gonna look for the boy around here. God that would I'll tell you what. Don't see a chance now.
Speaker 1: But like even when you I have my pc L and you're like coming back from it, it's like trusting your knee, it's like, you know, really like putting your foot in the ground.
Speaker 2: I'll do that, Like I'll go out there. I'll be like a little more like fun, like, hey, is this thing going to.
Speaker 1: Hold up right? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what I'm one thing I'm like I need to do otherwise it's not gonna be good for me, is like make sure that like I don't I do take my time because people say, like that's like the biggest issue with people trying to come back is like they try to do things too soon and they aggravate or they do this and they get ten of ninas or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: Right, and because you you you have nothing but time, dude in your mind, you're gonna want to yeah right, yeah, like literally less.
Speaker 2: Like they're like, hey, you need to lay down, like and get every once in a while, like trying to flex your squad it keeps strong, and then go back and lay down. I'm like, I'm watching a spook last night, and the spook finishes and I go upstairs. I literally walked upstairs to see Tailor and Willow, my my youngest, and she's like, what are you?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Like you need to go downstairs. Yeah, So it's hard for me to just just sit around all day, dude, I feel like I got to do something. That's why I'm kind of stoked to do like extra podcasts, because it's like something to look forward to, something to do, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, Like throw in something that's like a little if you like a little maybe work towards or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well what are we gonna talk about this week? This week's obviously easy because it's just an absolute depression session.
Speaker 1: I think it's uh, it's insightful though, because not a lot it's not like we get to sit here and have this conversation and put it on a podcast, because not a lot of people understand, like what you know, how everything works, how an injury happens, like what happened in the play. How are you feeling? What is your you know, what plan are you going to take? Your course of action? Like get better like all that stuff. People don't you know, we get to give people the nitty gritty.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm definitely gonna keep up on this too when we whenever we get on the pod, I'll definitely keep updates and get what's going on.
Speaker 1: Because you have to the a CL Diaries ACL podcasts. Yeah you want to call a podcast because I was gonna say you could do spins, like you know, you have Jack Garrett or Josh come over or when I'm over here, I can just whip my little I got a nice little camera piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you been ripping that thing around?
Speaker 1: And but you have them come over and shoot you going through whatever ACL diaries for under under the Hood a c.
Speaker 2: L DI Bobo's gonna get so much attention with that, dude.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's one thing, boys, No putting Bobo on the camera. He's been on it enough.
Speaker 2: If you put him on. If you put him on it, though, like make sure you fuzz him out like someone that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, blur him out blur he talks like you give him that deep voice thing. And if it's like with when when we're wearing the rita mask, like blur the rita Yeah we don't. Yeah, sh bleed bleed me out, I bleed me saying irritate.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what though, dude, this this n A d definitely helps with information for sure. That's why IM gonna come back super fast in this juve light. It's gonna be game busters. But yeah, that's my biggest fear is like coming back the same dude, I know we have. We've been like five minutes past. That's that's topic.
Speaker 1: That's like the one you feel us uh slowly stopping a conversation. You probably glance at me. I'm like scrolling on my phone real quick, and you just think like, yeah, so that's probably my biggest fear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jerry tripping about that, Poor Jerry, what.
Speaker 1: Are there certain things you gonna do? Are you gonna are you gonna be here the whole time? When when you do come build.
Speaker 2: In the house right now? So when the house will be built sooner rather than later, But yeah, I'm gonna try to stay here.
Speaker 1: So Taylor's just gonna be grinding. Huh, Taylor's just gonna be grinding. What you mean, mom, get make sure the house get together.
Speaker 2: No doubt Tailing the tailoring. Tailing's a fucking grinder, dude, she cares so much. Well, we got Tailor's moms in town too. Miss Tanna shot out Miss Tanna for being the most epic mother in law of all time. She crushes it. She basically did all that spook in the backyard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't wait for people to see see the spook, to see that. Is it finally done?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, I must stay here. The whole time. I thought about leaving him, like just booking out of here and just like going on like a vision quest, maybe doing some peyote out in the deserts in Mileaguasca out with a fucking try.
Speaker 1: But I was assuming you were going through. I was like, Okay, if he's gone, he could be gone, he could be gone the entire time.
Speaker 2: Let's just be back in July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I thought about it.
Speaker 2: I thought about just dipping, but you have this house coming.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: This podcast is like a little bit of a a therapeutic deal for me. And then like I really want to be around the boys, like whether I'm around or not, Like I'm not gonna be around around, but like if I can just be like around you or like see Derek wants Ate, like Nate's over at the house just getting IV right now because Nate fucking rips and he wants to see the boy.
Speaker 1: Is it hot down here?
Speaker 2: Nate to talk about it? Don't talk about it. He will lose it if you start talking about his sweat, Dude, he will. It'll be like Noah's ark in this motherfucker. It'll just starts, It'll start sweating too much.
Speaker 1: Oh so now you're gonna start sweat even more. You're gonna get a little nervous.
Speaker 2: Hey, talk about it.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk It was a beautiful day to day. He knows about eight degrees.
Speaker 1: He said, Please talk about something else, Hey, let's talk about Let's talk about how Nate has a soothing voice that reminds me of Chick Chick Chick Elijah. I feel like he has a Chick Elijah esque voice.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: I think that's fake news. I think he does have a little voice. And Nate does have that cool guy vibe like he's always like he's always cooling. I think Nate uses the word cooling. Do you use the word to use the word cooling.
Speaker 3: He's too cool to do that. You see that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't understand.
Speaker 1: What are what are a couple of the biggest things you're trying to line up for recovering from your a cl What do you mean like nutrition? Live a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, fuck a little bit?
Speaker 1: Like hey, you're gonna be your twenty four seven seven day.
Speaker 2: You know the doctor that I'm working with out resilience code I had, I had a call with him and my chef and everybody today. So like I'm like dialing in a new like I'm gonna do. I'm probably gonna lose a bunch of weight, just like at the beginning from when I start walking against get shit, I'm like three, I've already lost ten pounds. It has been three days.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get a six pack, I.
Speaker 2: Mean even more of a six pack? You mean Nate tell I got a sixpec.
Speaker 3: Taylor, He's got a sixpec.
Speaker 2: And Nate, Nate literally told me, he said that he admires my body. He told me that in August.
Speaker 1: You told them then.
Speaker 2: No pause on this, no pause in the podcast. Did you not say I say, hey, you work hard, and you know that's about it.
Speaker 3: That's pausive, let's positive.
Speaker 2: Nate Davis said, I have a nice body. He said, you go with your shirt off, buddy, I said, thanks, said you want to come over sometime. I was like, that's a weird way to compound that sense, Nate Davis. You don't get the mic anymore. Nate, that was it. Now I'm gonna so I'm gonna I'll probably be like two eighty five for a little bit. So like one of my knees, like getting stronger, Like I don't have to have all that weight on it right away, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, get down to like fucking twelve percent body fat, shredded shred piece, get tatted, stomach and chest on my arm, Nate. Nate Piece was talking about doing a little calf. He's roping about doing this whole calf. Really, Yeah, you're gonna do it? Hell yeah, my Taylor's guy. You want my guy to do it? That we will, Yeah, you will. A lot of the dudes on the team get get tied by Joey some dude, somebody see my tattoos and they see like like pruit got like a realism tattoo. My brother in law did, h Corey Davis got a wings on his back, KB got like a line on his chest. He did, he does like everything. Does any of these kind of banging me a little bit?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm getting kind of fun?
Speaker 3: Are you? Are you?
Speaker 1: Has this whole thing dampered your spooptober?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes? The day it happened and then yesterday it was yesterday, Monday. Today is Wednesday, so Sunday and Monday. I was definitely in the fucking dumps about Spootober Spootober. But I'm still embracing it. You Halloween when it is Halloween? Probably I got.
Speaker 3: Around.
Speaker 1: No, maybe thirty first is Saturday, I'll be.
Speaker 2: I'll be driving back on Saturday. That's a fucking kick in the testicle.
Speaker 1: Yo, that is a kick in the testes.
Speaker 3: I mean it is what it is, dude.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you can watch a spook in the in the tour bus. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My daughter she's been just running around in a spider costume for last two days.
Speaker 1: At least we have her.
Speaker 2: Spook so much, dude. She she everything she sees like, oh spooky. She's fully embraced the spook when totally rips.
Speaker 1: Have you seen how much how much love Spootober has been getting this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, it's been when you do those like right now, I like, lately I've been thinking, I wonder how those pods are doing, Like, are people over the spooks?
Speaker 1: Over?
Speaker 2: But people have fully bought in.
Speaker 1: I feel like people are fully bought in.
Speaker 2: For sure, you kind of over you don't want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if we should do four how many things we should do eight?
Speaker 2: I think we should do four, but four more than we did last time.
Speaker 1: I think I think everyone should still be Halloween themed, but I think knocking them all out the way we did in July that was tough to do. We should do that a little differently. People don't get we did those back to back to back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's tough on Jack Garrett and the boys to go and do the bus and not do the bus. Do the bus and not do the bus.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, do it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll uh you know what during during this offseason. Will definitely take a poll, maybe a vote, see how people feel about me doing a podcast. Okay, and even if they say yes, I probably still won't do.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, because it's different when when when, like right.
Speaker 2: Now, I got more worries. I'm not stressed out about the Steeler, you know what I'm saying, Like that's like the only thing I'm not stressed about playing an opponent this week. I'm not worried like, oh, how am I going to do? What are they going to say? Like are the coaches going to think I'm distracted if I'm doing a podcast like it don't matter, yeah, because my knee don't.
Speaker 1: At the same time, you're thinking about what other people are thinking.
Speaker 2: I mean it, it'd be easy to argue that because I just said that. But but I don't know how much I actually, like, would care, like with fans, like I would more care about what my coaches and stuff think, Like when you know what bleep that not bleep when I say saying no free shoutouts? Yeah too, they'll just bleep it when I say it can it's more work to do, Josh, that's more work to do there. Like when they were hating on me for doing pods while I was suspended last year, it was like I didn't really care. I thought that was more of a reflection of our record and how like and that, Like I think anybody who's around me knows I take football seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah so yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So outside of perspective doesn't really matter. It's the ones that I'm around it to work with every day. Like I have an obligation to my boss John Robinson and Vrabel to make them feel like I'm fully locked in. Even if even if I could be locked in doing a podcast and a season, like, I'm better off not doing it. You know what I'm saying. It's just a smarter move.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It is a smarter move, you know what I'm saying. But maybe maybe we'll do this October pods, you know, in the summer again, and then I could do one one a week and the Thursday. Yeah, keep it updated.
Speaker 2: I do really enjoy it in the podcast. I was actually kind of fired up to the podcast today really, you know, I had to look forward to I like to do it more. In the morning.
Speaker 1: I was like, right, I left, when I love to come over, I was like, you didn't want to do that a little bit?
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do it though, you know what I mean. Yeah, with the grind, grind through it, get this, get this in with the boy. Hell, yeah, you know what I mean. Drop a little bonus episode for everybody that'd be solid.
Speaker 2: People are gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel like if people have questions about my surgery and I thing that they are more than welcome to ask. Whether I answer or not irrelevant, but something fun. Roll the dice, see if I say something or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we're good, dude, solid Sid saw a little bonus app nothing extremely long? Would you think, Bobo?
Speaker 2: What did you enjoy listening to it?
Speaker 3: Nate?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Stars? Okay, hey, Nate, can we get a little more enthusiasm? Like, hey, hang on, our boy is down and hurting and he was looking forward to doing this pod.
Speaker 2: I really don't kill myself and he we just did forty.
Speaker 1: Eight minutes of a pod and he just asked, you, Nate, what'd you think he's looking?
Speaker 3: You know, come on, hey, that was amazing. You know I respect you guys so much. You well, come on, man, we're teammates. You know I got you and I did love you guys. Man. There you have it.
Speaker 2: Nate Davis respects us and loves my body. All right, Well, that's a perfect opportunity for us to shut it down.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Couching with the boys, so acl diaries, but still busting with the boys.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're always busting with the boys, always.
Speaker 2: Busting with the boys. Please subscribe to right five stars, tiny little takas running around there. You Tier ones have already listened to our listening right now. Tell the Tier twos, tier threes. You'll see some snippets online. You guys really enjoy it. We'll see you when you're at your two.
Speaker 1: Busting with the boys, Guys, gals, people of all ages appreciate you so much for tuning in to another episode of Busting with the Boys. If you haven't yet, please subscribe to the episode on Apple, Podcast, Spotify, whatever platform you're on. We're on there. We have a YouTube channel, Busting with the Boys. We've been loving if you subscribe there as well. If you are subscribed and you want to be more for the boys, unsubscribe and resubscribe again. It sounds funny, it's stupid and kind of obnoxious, but all of your subscriptions and resubscribing and stuff, it helps in these little algorithm games for climbing charts because again, we're very organic you guys. Where we're at it's because of you guys, so we like to keep it fucking organic and just from us and us versus the world. But we really do. We really appreciate your guys and support. A few of you had questions about merchandise. You can go Our merchandise story is on barstoolsports dot com. Go over to shop and we are under the brand Bustle with the Boys. You can find all of our gear there. We restart constantly. Now, if you guys have any ideas, shout us out. If you guys by the gear, shout us out. We really do love when you guys talk back to us, add us, mention us, put us on your stories, tag us, all that fun stuff. We like grabbing that stuff and putting it on our YouTube episodes, and again, we just love it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We love you guys. We appreciate you so much. Keep being for the fucking boys, Keep being a wolf of the biggest of hugs and the tiniest of kisses. We love you, We appreciate you. Tune in next week for another episode of bust with the Boys.