Speaker 1: The second date of day. We talk about listeners planning epic date nights all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm impressed by some of them, but.
Speaker 1: This one could literally go down in the record books.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And when I say literally, I do mean literally.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, they were like breaking records.
Speaker 1: And when I say go down, oh what you know? Well, anyway, welcome Kyle to the show. What's up, Kyle?
Speaker 3: Not much? How you guys doing.
Speaker 2: You sound like a crazy record breaker, Kyle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds you got a lot of energy. So tell us about the girl that you went out with. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name is Abby. She's pretty awesome. We met on Hinge.
Speaker 2: Okay, how long did you talk with Abby before your guys' first date?
Speaker 3: Like a good week? Okay, maybe even a little bit more than that.
Speaker 1: What did you find attractive about Abby?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean she's beautiful, Like a lot of her photos were travel like around the world, and I love traveling. And she looks like have a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a strategy, right, We put those photos okay, of course, and it works fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what did you and Abby end up doing for your date? You mentioned something about breaking records in your.
Speaker 3: Email yeah, so she's got a pretty crazy schedule. So we were having a hard time putting down a date, and like the only time she had opened was a night I already had an event planned with some of my buddies. Okay, so I just thought, you know what, my friends are nice guys, and even though it was a big event, I would have a lot of time to like spend with her, So I invited her along.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a bad idea, Like, no, there's not very much pressure, you know, it's more of a hangout like get to know you situation. I mean, I guess, depending on what the event was with your buddies, maybe I should ask that, Yeah, what was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I guess, like in hindsight, maybe it wasn't the best thing to invite her too. So, like you've heard of the Gonness Book of World Records, right, yes, So I have always the kid, always wanted to be in it, and I found one that my friends and I have been working towards. So Okay, my buddy owns a bar. Okay, it's the Guinness Book World Record has a woman in Germany to open eight bottles of beer with her feet in under a minute.
Speaker 2: Whoa wait, you were trying to break that record that night.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not the first time I've tried, but this was like the real Like this is going to.
Speaker 1: Be afici wow.
Speaker 4: To talk to her dumn, but having a girl watch you break a world record, like there's no other.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it does. What are the rules of this?
Speaker 3: So basically you use like duct tape and you put bottle openers on your feet.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so yeah, you at a bar with your buddy walking around with bottle opener's duct tape to your feet, trying to impress a lady.
Speaker 3: Not the whole time, I mean, like just like the competition. But of course, you know, like when we walk in, all my friends are there, there's other people there who are like they know what's happening, so they start chanting my name. They're like, Okyle, Kyle. So she looked at me like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't prep her beforehand. She was looking around like what's going on? You didn't tell her what you were going to be doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sort of.
Speaker 1: She walks in and like sees her date with bottle openers strapped to his bare feet, and she's thinking oh god, this is the guy.
Speaker 3: I I didn't want to brag about it. I didn't want to like say, I'm gonna be doing a really cool thing.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, you shouldn't brag about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the thing is, don't lie about the schedule. You invited her there because you were the star of the night and you thought you would impress her, which is fine, but let's just be honest right now.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I mean there's worse things, so I don't think it was that bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, maybe maybe we're too quick to judge this.
Speaker 2: It sounds kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Tell us more about what happened once Abby got there and you guys were hanging out with your bottle open feet.
Speaker 3: Well, I was just like, say, the bottle openers were on my feet, yet like having a good time, and then it was time, so I have to go, get ready, put the bottle openers on my feet, and then it's time and you gotta go. You got a minute. I've got to get nine bottles open to beat the record.
Speaker 2: That's pretty fast.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately I did not.
Speaker 1: How made you get through?
Speaker 3: I got to the sixth bottle, but I don't know if she retired with a beast.
Speaker 2: Wait, so I have a question, because this, this record sounds really important to you after you didn't do it, did you like pouch? I mean, were you a sore loser?
Speaker 3: I don't think I was. It was one of those things, you know, I wasn't gonna let it ruin my life or even in my night.
Speaker 1: Did you at least give her one of the opened foot beats? Sign the back of it.
Speaker 3: I'll sign the back when I actually like beat the record.
Speaker 1: You don't want to drink out of one of the shameful face.
Speaker 2: You know what they say about a man that's good with his feet though that good?
Speaker 4: He's weird. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like a good start of something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe so. I mean it sounds like kind of a fun event for the crowd. But was there any actual romance happening between you and Abby during this whole time? Romantic?
Speaker 3: No, it's there was a part where I told her, you know, we're talking about the competition. I said, anybody could do this, but you could do it. Let me see her feet, and you know, she took her shoe off and she let me see her foot. That was pretty cool, very high.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how long has it been since this happened?
Speaker 3: Almost two weeks?
Speaker 2: Two weeks? And how did you leave that night?
Speaker 3: We both drove there separately, so it was a hug and a kiss on the cheek. All my friends are around, so I'm gonna be you know, give.
Speaker 1: This opportunity to drive her home with your feet, bro that it's a good sign though. It's a good sign though that she at least gave you a hug and a kiss at the end of the night, so maybe there is a chance here.
Speaker 2: And showed her foot.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, racy, Yeah, So let's give it a shot. We're going to play a song. We'll come back dial her number, maybe using my feet. Please don't. We could be here for seventeen minutes, but we're gonna do your second date update right after this. All right, hold on man update if you're just jumping into the second date update. One of our listeners, Kyle, had a one of a kind date night with a woman named Dabby very well yes, I can't think of a better way to say that.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So he brought her to a bar that one of his buddies owns, and the activity for the night was Kyle attempting to set a new world record for number of beer bottles opened with his feet.
Speaker 2: It was like a bole of bights at the bar.
Speaker 1: If you're wondering, I guess you scrap bottle openers to your toes and you have to do it that way. Eight was the record to be in under a minute, and after the minute was up, Kyle only managed to open six.
Speaker 3: No wonder.
Speaker 1: It was a failure not just on setting the record, but it would seem also for the date because, like Brooks said, Abby has not been returning Kyle's calls. But Kyle, before we reach out to her, I want to leave you with this quote. Okay, failure defeats losers, but inspires winners. Oh deep, I saw that.
Speaker 2: Sn't understand it.
Speaker 1: I saw that on the side of a wall of a methadone clinic. So I feel like that's good. It's worth repeating.
Speaker 2: Have we ever.
Speaker 3: Considered that she was the last record holder and she was offended It was.
Speaker 2: A German woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't called her yet. Who knows it's possible, Kyle, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: I think you could come back from this, Kyle. I mean, that's the thing I think I don't think where you messed up is actually doing the world record thing. I think it's not telling her before you got to the bar, not preparing her for that event.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're right, but like I wasn't trying for like tricker or anything with a surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, creeper or weirder for anything. You're just doing your own things.
Speaker 2: I have a brune. It's always good for a person to have passions. Yours are just a little bit different than.
Speaker 1: Did you hear Jose? You're not a creeper. You're just a guy that opens bottles.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 1: He's differently. So here we go. I feel ready to make this call. Do you feel ready?
Speaker 3: I do absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the winning attitude. I'm at the dial Abby's number right now. Here we go. Hello, Hey, I'm looking for Abby. This is a hi Abby. My name is Jeff. We're on a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know your show.
Speaker 1: You remember this day?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should retire now not a high point, but no, Abby, So we're doing something called the second date update. I guess you might be familiar with that.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I am.
Speaker 2: Okay, congratulations well, yeah, I mean, congratulations is a word beat. Somebody really likes you.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true, Abby, And so obviously you know how this works. Someone's trying to get a hold of you. Their name's Kyle.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, of course it is.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you two had a very memorable night.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it was weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, Kyle did tell us a little bit about the night. Why don't you tell us about your perspective on it?
Speaker 4: Did he tell you the activity?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the world record for opening bottles with his feet. When did you find out that was what he was doing that night? Because he also told us that he didn't tell you about it?
Speaker 4: No, And that was the first thing that was jarring to me, because I'm thinking, we're just going to go to a bar and like get to know each other, and it's going to be him and I and like I knew this was a bar that his friend owned, and so I'm like, oh, cool, I'll get to meet his friend. Yes, but I did not expect all of his friends to be at the bar, and I certainly didn't expect when we walked into the bar for them to be chanting his name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that must have felt pretty cool.
Speaker 4: No, this is like horrifying for me.
Speaker 1: Were you thinking that a lot of the people there thought you were just a groupie?
Speaker 4: I kind of think I locked the ability to think for a minute because I just was like in shock.
Speaker 2: So wait, at that point when they're chanting his name, you still have no idea why?
Speaker 4: No? No? Oh no. So after the channing like dives down and his friends are coming up and like, hey man, you're ready, You're ready, and he tells me, he's like, okay, here's the thing. I'm going to try to beat a Guinness World record tonight. I was like what and then he tells me what it is again?
Speaker 3: And what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So are you saying the reason you're not calling him back is because of just the surprise of finding out what the activity for the night was.
Speaker 4: Well, that's one reason that there are more Oh oh yeah, we're there and we're like things are settling down and like I'm feeling a little better and this is gonna be okay, And I'm like, it's just a silly thing, right, right. So he goes over like against the wall, and he takes off his shoes and he's doing these feet exercise things against walls.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's just something about being barefoot in a bar that grosses me out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like gag worthy. And so then like I'm going toward him to like see what kind of exercises he's doing, and his friend intersects me and is like, so glad that that Kyle brought you, but you can't really talk to him right now, and like you need to leave him alone because he has to focus.
Speaker 2: Wait are you talking like five minutes before he does this thing.
Speaker 4: Or I don't know what time he's going to do his thing.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wonder what Yle would think about this, because, as you probably know, Abby, Kyle's been on the other line listening this entire time and he wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: I forgot that part.
Speaker 1: Kyle. Put your foot up to the speakerphone. Okay, we want to be able to hear you.
Speaker 3: Hey, Abby, Hi Kyle. Hi. First, I just want to say I did not realize that my friends like took you aside. I did not tell them to do that. That was way out of line. Okay. Sometimes you know, sometimes our friends to be overprotective. Yeah, So I just want to say I apologize for that and like I'm not trying to make a joke here, like no puns, but like he really put a foot in his mouth.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, that's a good start, though, Kyle, I mean, Abby.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I appreciate that. But like something else that you didn't tell me that one of your friends told me that I just think is I don't know, is that like if you were going to break the record, that you were probably going to be gone for a while because these people in Japan had offered you a position on some like game show tour over there to be like some professional beat bottle openers.
Speaker 1: Wait, what what does that mean? Kyle explain?
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't mention anything because I thought, oh god, I wish my friend said that said anything. But yeah, so you guys know, like lots of wild things are really popular in Japan, Like yeah, so they also have like there's like a lot of game shows and even talk shows that have people do like crazy things. Yeah yeah, and one of them is like doing stuff with their feet, not like gross stuff. Well sometimes it's scarce but not like dirty.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna be on one of these weird Japanese game shows.
Speaker 3: There's been some interest and it's not like I'd be there for years. It'd be like three or four months doing a little tour.
Speaker 2: It's kind of awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean it is kind of cool. If you're gonna be good at something, even if it's weird, be the best right tour.
Speaker 2: Yes, story like in your life to be like, well, let me tell you about what I got.
Speaker 4: You didn't get the world record, but he's.
Speaker 3: Working on it.
Speaker 2: I think it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean it's it's pretty cool. But maybe if you're planning to head over to Japan really soon, it's not the best time to try and start dating someone here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then nothing's for sure. There's never good timing in life. Jeffrey and Abby, you like traveling, that's what he said. He said he saw in your profile that you like to travel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I do. I've actually always wanted to go to Japan.
Speaker 1: But no, listen, if he was in Japan see his feet tricks, he's gonna be sworn with the lady. Do you think you could tell your boss, Hey, can I get four or five months off work? I'm gonna go watch my boyfriend open bottles in Japan with speed?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that. I don't think that was life.
Speaker 3: I think I can. I say, though, you know, money is not everything, but the kind of money that I would get paid, even like as a beginner, I could quit my job. I would only have to work for maybe five months a year.
Speaker 1: There's some perks there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm interested, yet.
Speaker 2: Can do I mean that's not too bad though either.
Speaker 1: Does that change anything for you? Abby?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I guess it's kind of more interesting than I thought.
Speaker 2: And it's a reason why he was taking it so seriously, right, there's actually something on the line here.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have to look at all the positives from this date. This is a guy who is committed to something very very deeply. He's passionate. He's going to travel with you. He could possibly only work four to five months a year.
Speaker 2: If you ever order a beer at a nice restaurant, he is going to be the cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just opening all sorts of stuff with his feet wherever you go. So I think maybe you should consider going out on another date with him, and if you do, we will pay for that date.
Speaker 4: I think I will.
Speaker 3: I will, I will, Oh, Abby, I promise you won't regret this. I'll make up that first date. I will keep my shoes on the whole time. I promise, all.
Speaker 1: Right, shoes on but close off.
Speaker 2: That is so awkward. Arkward Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,